Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian124brian124 Member Posts: 38
    Thanks Izr. I pulled the trigger. $7000 off MSRP is very good (for July). Those cars in naples were recently advertised for $8000 off MSRP on ebay. I used those prices during my negotiations. From my experience, if you can get a 320 for anywhere near $7000 off, you are doing well. I didn't want the naples cars because they had too many options.
  • walkinhartwalkinhart Member Posts: 2
    MB C-300, with multi-media package (includes iPod connection), arctic white exterior, tan interior, 10,000 miles/yr, 39 mo lease - $2000 out the door and $390/mo (before tax); sunroof and bluetooth standard. So, any comments? - it's a beautiful ride.
  • rayleiwurayleiwu Member Posts: 18
    Hey - have you bought GL? i'm in Seattle as well, could you provide more info?
    I'm in market for 2009 Mercedes-Benz GL320 BlueTEC, if you have bought it recently, please tell me what you have paid for it. The CarsDirect.com shows MSRP/Invoice/Target $69,135/$64,957/$59,135, for following configrations, I'm just wondering if anyone had got deal close to that.

Black/Black
    Premium I Package
    Full Leather Seating Package
    Running Boards
    Trailer Hitch (Class IV)
    Pre-Wiring for Rear Seat Entertainment
  • accura_fanaccura_fan Member Posts: 5
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting for 2010 model to hit the showrooms and then see how much dealers are willing to go down. From what I observed from this forum MSRP - 8 K is possible now.
  • collmancollman Member Posts: 25
    I'm in market for GL450 at seattle area too. Have you got a quote recently?
    It looks like GL has 10K marketing support from MB to the dealer for 2009 models.
    In my opinion, it is possible to get invoice - 9k~10K if a dealer still has many inventories.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Hey guys, I myself am now in the market for a GL350 due to my jeep being totalled. There is a 10k rebate from MB, plus a 2k fleet incentive rebate, and you should get close to 8.5k off msrp. So if you can get them to around 18.5k or 20.5k(with fleet rebate, if u qualify) off, then you should be happy with that deal.

There are somewhat of a bloated inventory on 09 GL's, thats atleast what my dealer told me. i haven't settled on a price with them, but they know i'm looking for about 20k off sticker.
    THANKS! collman. Make sure keeping us posted!!! I will keep you guys posted as well!
  • kennyyukennyyu Member Posts: 16
    vchad, i find your estimating $20k discount off 09 GLs to be quite unbelievable. if it can be acomplished, i would fly in to where ever the dealership is for that deal. now i'm not calling you a lier or anything like that, it's just sounds very fantasy like to me of getting $20k off on $70k benz which works out to be like almost 30%off..are 09 GLs not selling to that extent...?
    kennyyu, I think you should read the forums more often, and you'll see what kind of deals mercedes is doing righ tnow. Check out the E-class forums, i just bought my 2009 E-320 bluetec for 20,300 off sticker. This is all made possible by REBATES from mb and fleet rebate.

now my jeep was totalled this week, so now i'm in the market again, for another car.

MB has a 10k rebate, on the GL- series, so right off the bat, you should get 10k off at a minimum. Now, there is also a 2k rebate if you can qualify for Fleet discount, there is a long list of companies that do. THEN if you check ebay, various dealers are posting 8k off msrp, so I took it to my local dealer, asked them to match it, they intially said 4k off msrp, but they have 5 GL's sitting on the lot. They went up to 6.5, i said no thanks.... Finally they agreed to 8k off msrp, plus all my qualifying rebates. I haven't finalized the deal yet, so hence I didn't post my sale or dealer name yet.

There is no need for you to fly somewhere, know your facts on rebate, approach as many dealers in your area, some will balk and laugh at you, but jokes on them, they wont be getting a check from me.
    vchad, first of all let me thank you for explainig in detail of rebates and discounts and how they add up to 20k...it just that your the first one i heard saying anything about 10k rebate on 09 GLs and to imagine dealership passing all of it to customers on top of 8k dicount is just too good to be true..oh yeah and that fleet rebate of extra 2k thrown in too..but if its true then well i guess before this Christmas i will have a shining silver 09 GL parked in my garage thanks to you..
    Hi - vchad, please send me your dealer, I'm more than willing to fly over to grab one if they want to sell to me.. Thanks in advance!! my email: rayleiwu@hotmail.com

Ray
    Hey guys, yeah I know it seems too good to be true, but trust me, they want to move the GL's.

My wife and I are debating on gong with a GL320 bluetec or a Toyota Land Cruiser. We had a cruiser before our jeep, loved it, never gave me a problem, I curse myself everyday for trading it in.

Once I make a decision, and the deal has gone through, ill be glad to share that information with you. The only thing that concerns me is, the 2010 they said has been "updated" and I cant seem to findout what upgrades were made.
    Kennyyu, I dont know how long these rebates will stick around, but most dealers will "punch in" these vechicles, to lock in those rebates. So the sooner you act, the better. Honestly, in your local state, email every dealer you got, with that offter saying you'll buy within 24hours. once they know your serious, they'll make do with little profit....ESP end of the month.(thats what I did for my e-class)

now....I looked at GL's last summer too....same story as this summer. Most people got anywhere from 15-20k off sticker on 08's sitting there, while 09's were coming in. So its a seasonal trend.
    vchad, you are on the mark my friend. just got an e-mail from local dealer confirming the 10k rebate on 09GLs (although he said GL450). since you are so knowledgable and up to date on these thing, do you mind telling me exactly how one gets the fleet rebate in detail please?
    hey Kennyyu,

thats awesome, glad they acklowedged it. But he's not being totally truthful, ALL the GL models have rebate, id personally go for the bluetec, the mileage is great, for such a big car.

There are two ways to get the Fleet discount. one is to go to mercedes fleet website and seeing if your company is on the list of fleet incentives. Second way well....a small loophole, which I dont feel comfortable sharing on public forum. post your email, and i'll share information. Its not illegal by anymeans, I just dont want everyone to take advantage of it.
  • nkolenkole Member Posts: 18
    Kenny, please e-mail with the fleet discount details. I'm planning to buy a GL tomorrow.

Thanks,

Neil
    nkole@yahoo.com
  • porcaccioporcaccio Member Posts: 18
    would you mind sending me those details as well? my company is in the fleet program but i couldn't find the details on the intranet and would like to purchase one tomorrow. my email is

porcaccio@yahoo.com
    kennyyu or vchad,
    Could you email me too? I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and my company isn't on the list. Please and thanks.
    collman48@hotmail.com
  • loday22loday22 Member Posts: 2
    Kenny, please email me the fleet discount details, I'm going to the dealer this afternoon to purchase the car. Thanks!
    loday22@yahoo.com
  • realfanrealfan Member Posts: 4
    I bought a GL 320 BlueTEC with the following options:

Obisdan Black Metallic Paint
    Premium 1
    Rear Seat Entertainment
    Trailer Hitch
    Illuminated Door Sills

MSRP was $69,345 and invoice $64,452. I negotiated mine down to $55,700. Don't know for sure if this is a great deal or not but it sure felt like it. Also, the dealer told me that if I came in to trade within two or three years, I'd get an awesome deal due to the $10K discount I just got. He said that I basically got the first year's depreciation built in to my pricing and that a trade up within three years would require very little cash (under $5K or so if I did it within two years). Now I know he's in the business of selling cars so I take that with a grain of salt. I have no intention of trading as I usually hold for seven plus years.

Also, as I was buying, I saw two customers walk in looking for a GL 320 but I got the last one at my dealership. Sounds like the $10K discount is driving people into the showroom.
  • eheeuseheeus Member Posts: 2
    vchad,

Can you send details on the corporate fleet program? Been researching this over the past week and am confused on eligibility.
    Thanks,
    Ed
    eheeus@yahoo.com
    Hi Collman - just bought this one for $51888(I asked for a lucky num...) + doc,lic&tax, this included the corporate feet, I think this is decent deal.

GL320BTC
    Black/Black
    P01
    550 Trailer Hitch
    846 Running Boards
    846 - Rear Seat Entertainment

Got 24.5mpg on the way back from the dealer with 70/30 highway/local, very impressive!!

First thing is to get the door handle inserts for paint protection even though I'm not a fan of the shining chormy things...

Shot me msg if you need the dealer's contact! I highly recommend them.
    vchad, thanks for that info, my e-mail is chungmoyu@netscape.net. if for whatever reason your are uncomfortable disclosing the second method to the fleet rebate i totally understand. i am a small business owner and i don't think i can qualify on the first method. but like you said 18k is still a great deal on new 09 GLs....extra 2k will just make that an awesome one.... and people please don't ask me for info on fleet rebate cuz as you can see i really don't have any idea..
    Hi rayleiwu,
    Congratulations!!! How did you get the fleet rebate? through your company?
    It is a great deal. Did you buy any other options? like lifetime oil change, clear bra...
    My dealer asked me the lifetime oil change for $799. Max. 4 times a year..
    What do you think about?
    Anyone knows about MB special rate 2.9% for up to 66 months? Is it for 2010 GL only? My dealer said it is for only 2010 GL. not for 2009 GL.
    My dealer told me they had 1.9% for GLs last month, they are no longer having them this month. I think th $10K rebate replaced the 1.9%

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/specialOffersCurrent/
    Yes fleet was via my wife's company.
    No I haven't bought any accessories yet, but will get the door handle inserts for paint pretection. clear bra is worth to get as well - will research a little bit later on).

as for the lifetime oil change, I myselt won't go with it since I'm a DIYer (maybe not for a MB), I'm usually not a fan of the "prepaid" things, except for cellphones:-). today's money is always longer than the future's :-)
    Shot me an email (rayleiwu@yahoo.ca) if you have questions, you are in Seattle area too, right?
  • yiliueryiliuer Member Posts: 14
    Dear vchad,

Have you landed your deal? Thanks very much for sharing your experience. can you please share your second method on getting the fleet discount. i have tried hard googling it but nothing useful comes up. My email: yiliuer@Hotmail.com. Thanks so much,
  • ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
    vchad/kenny/nkole, et al

Thanks for sharing this 10K rebate, and deal that is upwardly worth 18K-20K off MSRP. Last June, my local dealer gave me a deal that's only worth 7K and I said "no thanks".

I am clueless on the fleet discount details. Would any of you, or all of you, please send me the details? BTW, I am in SF Bay Area. Does any one have recent buying experiences to share.

Thanks,

Tony

ba4musket@gmail.com
    vchad,

can you post the link for companies on mbz fleet program. I found this link from googling "mercedes benz fleet" many hits but they don't tell me what companies are on their list of DOF: http://www.fleet.mbusa.com/diversity .

MBZ must try hard to keep this list a secret or some thing :-)

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Hi vchd/Kennyyu,

Can you please share with me on how to get the fleet discount? My company is not on the list. I will pick up a GL320 this afternoon. Tried credit union but all are taken off the list of FEP.
    my email: yiliuer@hotmail.com
    Thanks very much,
    Here is what I got:

GL320 Bluetec
    black/black
    P01
    Appearance package
    rear seat entertainment
    plus destination fee 875

MSRP: 68725. I got the quote for $51500. No additional discount applied. It is in north cal.
    Any one can share the fleet discount info please? I will pick up the car tomorrow. Thanks very much,
  • huj089huj089 Member Posts: 6
    Hi yiliuer,

Looks like you got a decent quote. Would you mind sharing with me the names of the dealership and of the salesperson? Really hate to waste time negotiating.

For the fleet information, check that link and see if your (or your spouse's) company is listed.
    huj089,

I would be happy to give you the info after the deal is closed. The negotiation was a fairly smooth painless process.

None of our companies are on the list of FEP. Tried credit union but it was just off the list.
    This is a very similar deal to one I was negotiating here in NorCal. What's strange to me is how different dealerships are handling sales. yiliuer, please let me know as well who you are dealing with. I was offered a similar one to yours yesterday at about the same price but with the fleet discount included. Now you make me think I can get down a couple of grand...
  • huj089huj089 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, yiliuer. Looking forward to your good news tomorrow.
    I already sent you an email about the fleet discount. you didn't respond or anything.

As a matter of fact, I responded to every one of you, but NOT one of you had the decency to even offer a thank you response or anything. I put my neck on the line, and offered a way to get the rebate, but it seems most of you are ungrateful.

So from now on, NO one please ask for the fleet discount information.
    Hey vchad,

I want to thank you, albeit late, for your email. In my case, yahoo was kind enough to throw it into my junk email folder, which I never open. I just found it tonight and wanted to let you know that on my part, I really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    Hi vchad,

sorry for the confusion. I have been checking my email frequently but I am so sorry that I couldn't find your email, not even in the junk mail. It must have been lost somewhere. And it might be the same thing happening to other people too. I am grateful to your original post about this great deal. I am sure we are all grateful to other people's help, and myself is willing to share information on this forum.
    As you can see I have been eagerly asking for help on this fleet information, a couple of times. If you could kindly share this information again, that would be great. Otherwise, I also understand. Thanks very much and have a good night.
    My email: YILIUER@HOTMAIL.COM
    No surprise. The dealers are playing games all the time. The one I am contacting with appears to be quite straight. He basically agrees to the price I proposed, with a decently loaded package. I will forward you his info after tomorrow. He did mention the inventory is very low but he does have access to inventory somewhere else, like in socal and other state.
    sorry about the rant, I had a long day and I do love helping people, as others have helped me. I wasn't looking for any thanks you honestly, but believe it or not, i'm a doctor, and ive been crazy busy, and I mean even tho most of us have the finances to afford a nice mercedes, its good to know atleast we got the best and fair deal, and anyway I can help, I do.

I will resend it right now, reply back if you dont get it.
    Hi vchad,

your email doesn't seem to go through. I did get a chance to read the lost mail with the help from some gentleman. I replied to your mailbox but I am not sure if you got my mail, neither am I sure if I can catch your future correspondence through my hotmail account. Here is another email that you could reach me. YLIU@chem.ucla.edu

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate your care for others, both as a professional doctor and as a Edmunder.
    I just responded to that ucla email.
    Got it and sent back a reply. Hopefully no problem with that one.
    To those of you who I emailed, Please take advantage of this deal. Dont worry about the donation I told you about, i'll manage it somehow, because once you guys get a control #, we lose out anyway, so if you got a control #, please use it, or atleast try to.

The only thing i ask of you, is PLEASE do not share our account number, because once that spreads, its going to cause a mess for me.

All the best.
  • polyslopolyslo Member Posts: 2
    Hi vchad, I'm looking to purchase at the moment, please email me the fleet info to polyslo at sbo2000.net if possible. It's for my personal use only. Thanks for your help.
    yiliuer/huj089:

Please let me know the dealer, too when you close on the deal.

I am also on the market for GL320 CDI BlueTech. I am in the SF Bay Area (San Jose).

Talked to Beshoff @ Capitol, they don't have one in stock until this Sat. They were hinting about CostCo Program ($1K off Invoice :-) before the $10K Marketing Support discount for this month. Told him about a $51,888 deal for a GL320/P1/RES/Appearance Package, and he said that would be a good deal. It seems that you're getting a better one than that. :)

Thanks for sharing,

ba_musket
    The deal was closed. The fleet discount went through with no problem. Hats off to vchad. I am very happy with the car.

For those of you who are interested. The dealer is Bill Wallis from MB pleasanton. It was a painless process and I highly recommend him. Nail down a good price through email before you call him or mention the fleet discount. just my two cents.