Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sjangsjang Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what a Lexus certificate of 1K is? I'm currently in negotiation for RX350 w/ premium package/towing/ intuitive parking/ window tint. I can't go below 37300. MSRP is 44K. Thank you.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I've never seen the packaging that came on my 2010 RX either. Mine has the premium and comfort package with no nav.
  • paul29paul29 Member Posts: 178
    I am looking at a used 2010 RX350 , it has Nav ,dual Dvd , 19" wheels . I do not have a 2010 brochure . Can someone tell me what package this may/would have and what other features are in the various packages. I may not have given enough information but that is what I have. paul29
  • dong99dong99 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2010 RX350 AWD with premium package (MSRP $44090). The best I can do was $37.3K, OTD a little bit over $40K thanks to NJ's 7% tax and 4 year advanced vehicle registration.
    Thank you all for your great help and valuable information, that were extremely useful when negotiating with dealers.
  • steve332steve332 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I purchased a certified 2010 Lexus RX 350 w/comfort pkg with 15K miles for 38K before tax and fees.
    The taxes and fees came up to 5K.
    With better negotiation, how much could I have saved?

Steve.
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    Steve, did your RX have AWD, navigation or the 19" wheels? Also did it have the premium package which includes leather trim interior, moonroof, auto dimming electrochromatic power heated outside mirrors, power rear door, mp3 and usb plug. These items would put the MSRP at or over $47500.00. My RX was $39,900 with about the same mileage bought in early Sept. Had all the above options. Really like the vehicle. You might have gotten a few more dollars off however I thought it was a fair deal. What was the retail price?
    Take care,
    JB
  • sleepdragonsleepdragon Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2010 RX350 AWD w/ premium, comfort, navigation, 19" wheels & all other required accessories. Tungsten Pearl w/ Light Gray Trim.
    MSRP for the car is about 49K, final price is about 41K and 45.5K OTD thanks to the high tax here in Northern California.

I was actually looking for the FWD w/ premium, navigation & 19" wheels version w/ MSRP of 45K but couldn't find any..seems the 45K models are all out here in bay area..they do have some 47K version of FWD left, but I thought might as well go for AWD.
  • suv4labsuv4lab Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the 2010 AWD with navi, premium & comfort packages and some misc items that came with the car (tow prep, wood/leather trim, accessory package, etc...) in the DC area. My local Lexus dealership is the only game in town and wouldn't even return my calls or emails (they KNOW they are the only dealership within 120+ miles of where I am so they don't care if they sell to you or not). So, I had to go up to the DC area which had a lot more competition and dealerships who were eager to do a deal. MSRP for the car was $47,625, got it for $41,100 + TTL. I tried for the $3k under invoice as noted in other postings but could only get down to $2k below invoice. Southern CA is a lot more competitive but I'm happy with my deal. I got the color I wanted (Smoky Granite Mica) with black interior so that was important to me. Dealership was in Alexandria, VA and they were very responsive and easy to work with.
  • coatie1coatie1 Member Posts: 6
    I do not know if its true or not but I was told by the Business Mgr that unless I purchased their prepaid "subsidized" program of "checkups/maintenace" at designated intervals at the time of purchase I would have to pay more for them at each inteval l over the next 4 years and if I did not perform those maintenace checkups at a Lexus dealer my warranty would be void..
    Is this true? What happens if you do not take the car into a lexus dealer under their schedule is the wqarranty actually voided?? Does anuone know if that is somewhere in the fine print??

Thanks for your help for all of us
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Nope.. total crap..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I take my RX350 to a Toyota dealer for most routine service. Same parts and level of expertise at about half the price. No gourmet breakfast, free loaner or quick and dirty car wash; but I can live with that.

Pete :)
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    I heard Lexus is having $8000 off MSRP now, how is the new 2011 RX350? Anyone knows?
  • precabprecab Member Posts: 11
    As a Texas first pass on a shopping a 2011 RX350 with:

Comfort package
    Luxury package
    19" Wheels
    Nav
    Tow
    Heads up display (shows $1200)

MSRP $50,504 is and an invoice $45,204.

hard ads
    +250
    Price dealer wants over invoice with few 2011's at this moment (pushed this down from a higher figure)

+447.50
    half cost of the tow hitch install at the dealer. I could do this for 200 myself, but not worth the hassles to install a hitch

+1,399 dual DVD after market install. 7" with plenty of extras factory system does not have on # of inputs and programming for video games etc.

Total cost $46,900.50
    $8k off MRSP I'd expect is 2010's but share the details if you have it
  • lexus_envylexus_envy Member Posts: 6
    There's a lot of talk of $8K below MSRP. Can anyone validate this? I'm searching for a left over 2010 with Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, iPod capabilities and heated front seats. Can anyone tell me if you can get a back-up camera without having to purchase the navigation package? It's difficult to find that answer on-line.
  • adenbxadenbx Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me if you can get a back-up camera without having to purchase the navigation package? It's difficult to find that answer on-line.
    I bought a 2010 w/o Nav but with backup camera. The backup diaplay is basically embedded in the rear view mirror. The total display is approximately 2 inches by 2 inches.
    I find truecar gave a pretty close price to the best available at least for here in sf bay area..
    also, $8k off msrp is within range for 2010 rx350 w/ more options..but you can't expect same $8k off msrp for a base fwd or awd..basically, the more expensive the msrp is, the more discount you can get..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Is a small screen like that useful, or do you find yourself squinting?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I installed a VR3 aftermarket back-up camera on my 2007 RX350. It has a small screen apx. 1½" x 2", and while minimally satisfactory it is no match for the large screen OEM in-dash version which I now regret not getting. I drove a loaner with the large screen and it is far superior. No experience with the rear view mirror model but I presume it would be similar to my small screen. My 2¢.

Pete :(
  • adenbxadenbx Member Posts: 4
    I find the small screen to be very satisfactory, no squinting necessary. However, I would recommend getting the vehicle with navigation. You cannot utilize the Bluetooth feature fully with a no nav car.
  • dong99dong99 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2010 RX without navi, the bluetooth works fine with my phone. Voice commands worked fine, I did not feel anything lacking. Maybe adenbx can share some insight what navi system can do more for BT? Thanks!
  • rxfirstrxfirst Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Purchased 2010 - AWD with navi, premium, comfort along tow prep package,cross bars, accessory package (cargonet, cargo mat, wheel locks) , wood and leather trimmed steering wheel and 12 speaker premium audio system for 39100 + tax + tags on 11/1/2010. But I was suppose to pick up the car next day because it was too late, when the deal was finalized. Next day the salesman calls me and says there is a dent on the passenger side door. It will take 2 days to fix it. He also said if I don't won't we can walkoff. But I said, I don't want to get the car I have purchased, please look for a similar kind a car with all the same options. So far they have given me one other option - everything will be the same expect 19 wheels without cross bars. Please let me know whether anyone had this kind a experience? Can I negotiate now with either of the cars?
  • cjshahcjshah Member Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if they got a better price from another customer and told you it had a "dent". What dealership was this at? I'm in the DC area looking for the exact same car. It does look like you got a great deal though. What was MSRP?
    $39100 is a great price. I assume you didn't get INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST & 19" ALLOY WHEELS on the 1st car right?

19" ALLOY WHEELS listed for $660 which is more than the $259 listed price for the ROOF RACK

So if I were you, I would take the deal and just have ROOF RACK installed at later time
  • dltldltl Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys. Thanks for all the great posts on this topic. I am in the midst of buying an SUV for my wife as we are expecting our first child. The RX350 is on top of her list and I was looking for a 2010 to get the best deal. Seems like the 10's are somewhat scarce and I'm getting pushed for an '11. However, I did find a used lease return, with the following specs:
    2010 Lexus RX350 AWD
    Premium - Nav - Comfort
    It has roughly 7,000 miles on there, so it's used, but practically brand new. I've seen incentives of $7,000 - $8,000 off MSRP for 2010s, but I'm wondering what price I should be expecting for this slightly used model.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D
  • dennis123dennis123 Member Posts: 5
    Can you provide info. on dealer, looks like a good deal-thanks for your help!
  • coatie1coatie1 Member Posts: 6
    I bought it at Highland Park Lexus. Just a warning though, I was told by the Business Mgr,after the purchasemthat the 4 yr warranty was only good if you get maintence checks per their schedule at Lexus. This is probably [non-permissible content removed] but I dont know. Then they tell you you can prepay for all of them but can only do that right then and there
    If you or anyone here knows the answer it woudl be nice if they would let everyone know
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    On the look out for 2011 toyota highlander Limited V6 FWD. Please share with me any deals you had in Austin or Houston area? Tks
  • dennis123dennis123 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. I've bought quite a few cars over the years and never heard of the warranty not being valid if you don't follow their schedule. I'll let you know if I find out anyhing.
  • newcarbuyer10newcarbuyer10 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased a 2010 RX 350, with Premium Package, Nav, Dual Entertainment, wood & leather trimmed steering wheel & Shift knob, Heated and ventilated seats, towing prep, 19'' alloy wheels, cross bars etc. in Florida.

The MSRP is $48874, Paid $40550 (includes dealer fees) + Tax. No trade-in.

Had a hard time finding 2010 with my preferred color as the inventory is very low at most dealers.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this forum. This helped me a lot in negotiating.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    This is awesome deal. Basically, $8300 off of MSRP. Congrats!
  • jackandjack73jackandjack73 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Friends,
    I was looking for a 2010 2WD RX 350 with Premium package and Navigation. (Red exterior and Black interior). None of the dealers in Southern California could find the car. I think I am late in the game for 2010 model. Anyway, I was offered below $1,000 on a 2011 2WD RX350 with all my choices plus lot of extra’s. Here are the codes for the options (CP, EK, FT, NV, PA, PM, TO, WU, 3T,C6, Z1, V4, V2).

The MSRP for the car is $48,633.
    Invoice: $43,673
    I was offered $42,673 plus TTL.

What you all think? Should I go for it? Please someone answer as I have to let them know tomorrow.
    Sounds like an awesome deal to me!

Thank you Pete. But someone of the forum members was getting 7K to 8K off of the sticker price of 2010 models. I was really hoping to do little better with 2011 model too. I do have another question for you Pete. When they show the invoice price, how dependable is that? I know they have another price which is “dealer cost”. I am not sure if that is any relevant when negotiating the price. Also, should I wait till end of December for a better deal?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    coatie1, when I was leasing my '07 RX, all I ever did was the scheduled oil changes and tire rotations at the Lexus dealership. I never did the other maintenance such as the 15,000 mile, 30,000 mile or any of that stuff, and my warranty was never voided.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    If you can wait til Dec, you will get a better deal.
    The diff between the invoice & MSRP is around 5K.
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure you will get a better price on a 2011 at the end of December, but who knows? The end of any month is a good time to buy however - two business days left in November - Monday 11/29 and Tuesday 11/30! My 2¢.

• backintxbackintx Member Posts: 11
    Guys,

I see that a dealer in Texas (where I live) has the 2010 RX350 in the color that I want with the following packages: Comfort, Premium, Nav and Towing Prep. The MSRP is $47,385. What's the price I need to ask for? ( I'd rather not go into the dealership and haggle..). Also, anyone know if there is any good financing on the 2010's?

Any help from the group would be greatly aprpeciated!

Sri
    Hi All, just purchased our choice of car RX 350 FWD Red exterior with black interior as I discussed in my previous posting. The car has Premium, Navigation & Comfort package. It also has Parking Assistance, Towing Package, Remote start, and few other things.
    The MSRP: - $48,633
    Invoice: -$43,673 (I verified with Truecar, Costco, and Edmond – It’s comparable)
    Price paid:$ 42,473 (it was cash purchase), so it is about $6,161 off of MRSP.
    Tax $3,721 $ title $587 = Total out the door was $46,863

Friends, how did I do?
  • newcarbuyer10newcarbuyer10 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    Hello Sri,

Based on my experience, a good price for that vehicle is in $39k-$40k. While purchasing my 2010 RX 350, I initially consider a vehicle with configuration similar to yours (MSRP was ~47700) and the dealer was willing to sell it for 39800.

While negotiating for price, I found that lot of dealers that are not willing to come ~8K below MSRP. I ended up buying from J&M Lexus is South Florida, who is 250miles away from where I live.

BTW., I also got financing from Lexus for 2.84% APR, 60 months.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2010
    fully loaded 2011 RX 350 AWD at $43k with comfort pkg, premium pkg, NAV pkg, intuitive park assist, tow prep pky, remote start, wood trim & leather knob & steering wheel, with cargo mat, net & wheel locks with MSRP $48860, bought at $43k with lexus $1000 rebate coupon or $44k without at reliable lexus (springfield,mo). The same deal was offered by dave mungenast lexus (st.louis) & matched by reliable lexus.

What u say folks, good deal or could do better?. May be could have gotten a aggressive deal but feared would loose what we have.

2) Anybody needs 2010 Rx 450H AWD, zero miles, fully loaded with MSRP of $55k is available for $45K at eskridge lexus at oklahoma. contact josh debolt. it is obsidian black with parchment interior, had a minor hail damage, fixed by dentless paint repair. Folks, forget about the hail, it is all fixed and will be a good deal. We choose to buy 2011 RX 350 since we live in a small city where we have no use for 450H. good luck
  • I am presently looking at basically the same vehicle and Mungenast is quoting about $2,000 above your price
    mike,

talk to alex grant at dave mungenast, he should be able to do that deal.
  • dlcole76054dlcole76054 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2010
    There are 4 dealers in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, they are owned by 2 different groups (Sewell & Park Place). Anyone got ideas on the best pricing? MSRP $51,113, Invoice $46,119, Dealer Cost $45332. USAA shows $47,169, which seems high, given the deals in OKC and Florida. I'll drive 300 miles to be the best deal... Model is AWD, Satin Cashmere Metallic, Parchment Perforated Seats, Luxury, Comfort, Navigation, Heads Up, Trailer Prep.
    Dlcole76054,

pls see my original post.Basically if you get $5k off msrp, you did very well for 2011 which is what we got. Eskridge lexus has very good for 2010 RX 450H fully loaded.

good luck
  • jimdixon1jimdixon1 Member Posts: 2
    My wife is sure she has seen two different new RX350 with this color combination but the salesman claims that is not an available combination. Can anyone shed any light on this apparent contradiction or on how to order it?
    You'd have to list all of the options on the 2011 to see how the prices load up. I just picked up 2011 in Dallas and listed it in this forum.
  • dlcole76054dlcole76054 Member Posts: 21
    Just got off the phone with Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, Tx. I got $4800 off MSRP and will probably take the deal. It was too close to the $5k strike price target I had mentally established. Sigh...the internet!!!

David
  • ccpm117ccpm117 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me how did you get that price $42,473 and which leadership did you buy it from?
  • ccpm117ccpm117 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me more about the deal that you've got? i.e. package? navigation, etc...
    Thank you