Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1131415161719»

Comments

• nacenace Member Posts: 45
    per hyundai USA,2010 veracrusz has a $1000.00 rebate.
    2009 veracruz has a $2000.00 rebate. the 09 has only been released three months ago. there seems to be no marketing effort at all from hyundai. i think they have there head in the sand.
    anyone know what changes have been made to the veracruz?
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    Guess that Hyundai are up to something, possibly they will no longer be offering the Veracruz. I have asked a dealer this same question and got a shrug of the shoulders.
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    See my above post.....I was told recently by a dealer that they are not selling well and are being discontinued....
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    The salesperson was trying to sell what he had on the lot.
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    Maybe so....too bad since the Veracruz is so much nicer in my opinion....and more $$, so he could have made out better!
  • lassy1lassy1 Member Posts: 1
    I see some posts suggest that $10K - 11K can be knocked off the price of the US MSRPs. Is that also the case in Canada? I'm interested in the GLS and the '10s are at $38,000 and the '09s are at $36,995. After taxes and delivery, that means I could finance the vehicle over 60 months for under $600. Could it be??? :blush:
  • jaeatsdjaeatsd Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a GLS FWD with premium package which had an MSRP $33,640 from Heller Auto. After $2,000 for 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo trade-in (KBB trade-in value $2,325) and $2,000 rebate the final negotiated price was $26,000 before TTL. Based upon how things went I think I could have got it down below $25,000 but am pretty satisfied with the overall experience with the salespeople there. Definitely one of the better buying experiences I have had and this is now my 7th. I was in and out driving the new car in about 2 hrs.
  • batavia02batavia02 Member Posts: 38
    me and my wife were at a hyundai dealer yesterday, and we stumbled across the 2010 veracruz and we were really impressed with it, the dealership had a2nd sticker on it marked way up, so we wont buy there but they had a 2010 verecruz catalog so i grabbed one. and this was in florida.
    anyone out there in florida or surrounding states,have any good experiances with any hyundai dealers that dont put excessive 2nd,stickers or charge an outragious dealer fee,any help would be appreciated.
    i have read on this forum many times that Fitzgerald auto mall in
    Clearwater fl is a no nonsence dealer. take a look at their web site for more info
    dont etch the above in stone as im from illinois.
    thanks for the tip.
  • yeomanfloodyeomanflood Member Posts: 9
    Hello all. It's been a few years since I've been looking for a car and I'm surprised there aren't more postings here of people's new-car buying experiences; there used to be a ton 5 years ago. I'm looking for a good Hyundai dealer in Nor Cal or anywhere in Calif...I'm looking for a Veracruz deal. Looks like people are getting great deals these days. Thanks.
  • cintiwestguycintiwestguy Member Posts: 10
    we are now in the market and still like the veracruz but the stock locally is terrible. anyone know of a good dealer within 30 or so miles of cincinnati. also how about pricing off of msrp. the veracruz's are in mid/upper 30's before any discounts. thanks in advance.
  • thuangthuang Member Posts: 1
    2009 GLS FWD w/Premium package for $29000.
    2009 GLS AWD w/Preferred package for $28000

I am ready to buy one of these vehicles.
    Thanks.
  • carfreak123carfreak123 Member Posts: 20
    I paid $28,300 with mudflaps, mats and crossrails. Seemed like a good deal to me. Let us know how your deal works out. Good Luck.
  • tworiverguytworiverguy Member Posts: 2
    Today purchased a liquid silver with black interior. Paid $32806 (includes the $1000 incentive from Hyundai) with carpeted mats, bluetooth and ipod cable. MSRP on the car was $37125.
    congradulations on your purchase. was your posted price before or after tax,title, and whatever? thanks
  • tworiverguytworiverguy Member Posts: 2
    Before. With TTL, total out the door was $35741 (2366 tax, NJ tire tax 7.50, MV reg 413, 149 docs).
  • mcrattismcrattis Member Posts: 4
    I see you purchased in NJ. Whereabouts? I was looking in Bergen County for a good deal on the Veracruz and under $33k (before taxes/fees/etc) seems pretty darn good. Was there a lot of haggling and did it include the $1k rebate from Hyundai (assuming 2010 model).
    Thanks!
  • pinevalleyitepinevalleyite Member Posts: 19
    We bought a 2008 model in April of 2009 so it was a leftover and Hyundai was running a $4000 cashback so that was why we did so well. Went to the Hyundai dealer in Paramus on 17 and also one up in Wayne on 46. After that, we went to the Liberty Hyundai in Ramsey on 17, laid out what we'd already gotten from the other dealers and they beat the price. We weren't particular about color as they didn't have one on the lot and had to find one for us but it worked out that the one they found for us had some options in it that we hadn't paid for, but they were in it so we got those for free: built in blue tooth, floor mats, emergency road kit, and wind reflector on the roof. Good luck. They were great people to deal with by the way.
  • 2010veracruz2010veracruz Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a 2010 FWD GLS today - paid a couple hundred less than the truecar "great price" - so about $2300 under invoice (not including trade-in). We are very pleased with our purchase and excited for the 2010 Vcruz. We are in the Philly burbs.
  • butch55butch55 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I purchased a 2010 Veracruz Limited with NAV and paid 34,800 it included floor mats cargo mat and rear net. The dealer was friendly and knew the product line which was refreshing. This is our first SUV and we feel that it is a great choice. It was easy to illiminate the competition since the Veracruz Limited comes with so many standard features.
    hello butch, congradulations on your new veracruz purchase.
    if you will, please share if your posted price included taxes and were any additional incentives involved? also what was the msrp of your veracruz?
    ***thank you***
  • dmbfn41dmbfn41 Member Posts: 8
    I would be interested in this information as well. How long did you look around for this deal? What approach did you uses? Thanks.
  • ez_shooterez_shooter Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    I bought this yesterday at Allen Samuels Hyundai in Northeast Fort Worth / N. Richland Hills suburb - DFW Metroplex Texas. They only had one Limited in stock, a new White w/ beige leather w/ 40 miles on it. Has Nav, but had to make a deal to add the bluetooth accessory. After $1k rebate, but before TTL & GAP insurance, the price was $32,918. We visited two other dealerships in the area, and used the prices from those in negotiating to this price - this is my wifes and my 2nd Veracruz, the 1st being bought 2/09 from Allen Samuels as well (back when the dealers realllyyy made deals). We drove the VC Lmtd as well as a Sonata Lmtd, and started negotiating on the Veracruz - took app. 3 hours between going back and forth, and the finance guy. Overall, not a real fun time, but it wasn't as bad as going to the dentist and getting teeth pulled. I really like these, obviously, I put app. 30K miles per year, so all of the creature comforts make sense to me (plus, I am big like a tank, so a roomy crossover is nice). Hope this helps everyone - the sales manager kept telling me what a great deal I got (every time he did, I felt like I paid too much... lol). Edit: Sorry, list price was $37,725 with all options, which in addition to the ones already mentioned above included first aid kit, mud flaps, roof rack and carpeted floor mats.
    shooter, i am interested in purchasing a veracruz. i do have a question regarding your past experience with your veracruz. consumer reports reads, " the ride is comfortable but suspension noise is evident ". shooter can you advise if you experienced any suspension noise with your 09 veracruz?
    good luck with your new purchase,, and thank you for being part of this sloooow forum.
    We have had good luck with our (08 purchased in 09) 1st VC. No suspension noise at all - it will ride a little rough over potholes but nothing I don't experience with other 2 ton vehicles (and I have driven a few). I did notice a hollow thunk or small boom in my new one while going over a big dip too fast but it wasn't unreasonable - we have had issues with our 1st VC, but nothing extreme (TPS replaced 1 month ago after reading about the TSB - and coasting to a stop on I-35 in Ft. Worth). The VC is an awesome value and has great features - hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
    (TPS replaced 1 month ago after reading about the TSB - and coasting to a stop on I-35 in Ft. Worth). TSP& TSB what does this mean? thanks again
    There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) that recommends replacement of the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) which regulates how your car idles and revs / applies gas to the engine on some VC vehicles - specifically where vehicles have had issues in suddenly loosing power or where the vehicle has been stalling (and generating engine service codes - where the yellow engine lights up and stays lit and is read and cleared by an electronic diagnostics machine used by a tech). Hyundai hasn't issued a recall or an alert to customers about this - probably the largest issue I have had to date on my 1st VC. Sorry about the confusion.
  • rosered11rosered11 Member Posts: 7
    My TPS has been replaced and the problem is still occuring. This has now happened 5 times in 2 years. TPS replacement did not fix problem in my vehicle.
    Rosered11,

I noticed your reply - have you had the dealer check your fuel pump? I have seen a couple of posts going both ways i.e. My VC stalls - fix was to replace the TPS per the TSB, my VC stalls - fix was to replace the fuel pump and fuel filter, check the fuel line for any issues.... hope this helps, I haven't had a lot of issues with DW and mine yet, other than the TPS - also, when they fixed the TPS at the dealership, they not only replaced the TPS but reflashed new firmware to the ECM, there was a noticeable difference in how the car drove before and afterword - our 2008 VC has always been a slight bit sluggish from idle, but the new setup has a good bit of pickup right off the idle. My 2010 VC actually feels even more responsive (admittedly this could be subjective on my part, as the 2010 IS MY VC, not the DW lol). I have 550 miles on it now, and this morning I was getting 23 mpg average on a mostly hwy 40 mile drive to work. This is awesome for TX, I am forced to use 10% ethanol gas due to EPA, so usually we are app 5 - 10% less in mpg than other states not using ethanol. The 2008 and 2010 are supposedly the same car engine, transmission, etc. but to me there is a (good) difference in the 2010. YMMV - you are driving a 2007? from what you posted above?
  • rosered11rosered11 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    Ez shooter,

In addition to my TPS being replaced, I have had had the EMC reflashed at least twice. Problem still continues. Vehicle has stalled on me three times while going above 45MPH (the other times I was going under 25 MPH). Each time steering locks up with no acceleration. Vehicle has been with the dealer since Tuesday. The dealer is having an engineer (out of state) from Hyundai Corp. running tests on it. I have no idea what the outcome will be. I will mention the fuel pump to the dealer because in all the times I have had the VC in the shop, no one has replaced or mentioned the fuel pump.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Local dealer has two 2010 Limiteds on the lot with about 5K miles. Neither has ever been titled.

Any thoughts on further discount I should consider on either of these units for the mileage?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with recent buyers of a 6+ seat vehicle in the Detroit area. Please respond to [email protected] by Friday, June 4, 2010 and be sure to include your phone number and the vehicle model you own.
  • billfryebillfrye Member Posts: 5
    I just left a dealership in Atlanta, GA, where I was told that they had zero VC remaining. I balked and said in this economy no one is playing that game with customers. The dealer went to the Manager, who then informed me that the VC had been discontinued.
    Has anyone else heard this?
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    I'm outside of Philly, and a search shows 29 within 30 miles of me.

That said, Hyundai has certainly treated it like a model on life-support. No advertising TV or print, and very low stock levels.
  • focus530focus530 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2010
    This model is on its last leg and expect it to be discontinued or replaced in a year or two. The sales numbers are on the downhill for past couple of years. According to Hyundai's May sales numbers:

VERACRUZ May 2010: 634
    May 2009: 1,043
    2010 year/date 2,745
    2009 year/date: 6,294

Year-to-date sales are down almost 60% compare to 2009. There is no way Hyundai can sustain a model that sell only 5K units/yr.

As anyone heard about future of this model? Any info. about 2011 model updates or when it is going to be redesigned?
  • natinanatina Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a '10 Veracruz Limited base model for $32,300 (prior to $1000 rebate), then added a couple of after-market options like bluetooth and a 3rd party dual headrest dvd player system, for total cost to me of $33,300 (after rebate). It took over an hour of negotiation and then me leaving to go get lunch for them to take me seriously, but it was worth it! Have to thank some other car buying advice sites for helping me understand how car negotiations and pricing work (beatthecarsalesman, carbuyingtips).

I had also considered/test drove: Volvo XC90, Subaru Tribeca (love my Forester), Acura MDX. But the Veracruz was the nicest ride, quietest (road noise really bothers me), and loads of nice features! Very happy! Have previously owned an Elantra GT that I drove for nearly a decade and loved.
  • totalskeptictotalskeptic Member Posts: 4
    Ever wonder how much time Hyundai dealers spend on this site pretending to be typical car buyers? This is true about the so called customer reviews for the Veracruz's on this and many other sites. I wonder if they are paid by Hyundai to write them. This is especially true of the early customer reviews that read like ads-Just traded my 2008 Pathfinder for the Veracruz. I was worried about blah blah but it turns out to be the most fantastic car on earth. Pleez..at least make them sound real. In truth, I did sell my 2003 Murano SL and bought a 2009 Veracruz fully realizing that it was downward mobility. The Murano had a ton of features missing on the Veracruz. The Murano was beautiful inside and out. It pooped out at 140,000 miles and I did not want to be upside down again so I settled for less. That is ok but lets not pretend otherwise. I miss the leather heated seats, pretty interior, 6 disk changer w/bose, remote starter, etc. I think the Veracruz will be hardier-it certainly looks like it should be!
  • totalskeptictotalskeptic Member Posts: 4
    And also, there are more posts by people buying Veracruz Limiteds than there are Limiteds sold in the US. Look, the Veracruz is fine for the money but it is just not close to a volvo, saab, Lexis, Infinity. I've owned volvo, saab, 2 Vws, Nissans. I loved my Saab, hated my Volvo, loved my VWs. I will probably like the Veracruz ok. But, lets be realistic here. It simply is not on par with most of the others mentioned. The posts saying the Veracruz trumps Lexis, Acura, Murano, or Subaru are simply not credible and they are far enough from truth to suggest that the writers are not what they seem-not really people who just purchased the car-rather they seem written by those wanting people to buy them--since a child could make the comparison easily enough and conclude that the Veracruz does not match the others in terms of quality, luxury, features. On the other hand, it is simply cheaper and the warranty drop for the second owners makes it even cheaper as a used vehicle since it depreciates so well. I am sure the Veracruz will be fine and it is cheaper--and there lies its virtue. Please don't pretend it is a Murano or Acura and don't pretend you think that it is. too bad that the honesty issues that plague the car industry in the showrooms also seems to plague on line sites. Too bad!
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    Ever wonder how much time Hyundai dealers spend on this site pretending to be typical car buyers? This is true about the so called customer reviews for the Veracruz's on this and many other sites. I wonder if they are paid by Hyundai to write them. This is especially true of the early customer reviews that read like ads-Just traded my 2008 Pathfinder for the Veracruz. I was worried about blah blah but it turns out to be the most fantastic car on earth. Pleez..at least make them sound real. In truth, I did sell my 2003 Murano SL and bought a 2009 Veracruz fully realizing that it was downward mobility. The Murano had a ton of features missing on the Veracruz. The Murano was beautiful inside and out. It pooped out at 140,000 miles and I did not want to be upside down again so I settled for less. That is ok but lets not pretend otherwise. I miss the leather heated seats, pretty interior, 6 disk changer w/bose, remote starter, etc. I think the Veracruz will be hardier-it certainly looks like it should be!

I'm hardly a Hyundai dealer. Had a Murano SL AWD w/ leather, etc., and I currently have an '08 Veracruz Ltd. I don't see the downward mobility issue at all. I really liked the Murano, and especially liked the handling. But the VC is a different beast.

I really like the quietness. It has the 6-CD changer and XM. Neither of mine had/has the remote start, and the VC handling isn't in the same realm as the Murano. But, the 3rd row seating is very useful for me, and the VC has plenty more cargo space than the Murano, at least in the stuff I've hauled.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Wow! I'm the first person in a year and a half to buy a Veracruz? No matter, we love our 2011 Veracruz GLS "executive car"/demo (6k miles) that we bought last week.

Yes, we knew the model was being discontinued. But wife really like all the features, ride, handling, power, style and comfort.

We paid $27,000 for the GLS with Premium package. MSRP was roughly 32,000. We got about 2 grand more than trade in book value for our 2004 Mazda MPV ($5,500). Edmunds private party is $5,600, so we did really well with our trade in. Everything together I think our actual cost was around $25,000.

Probably could have come within a couple thousand of that price if we bought a 2012. We really liked the demo car, so we decided to buy.

Curious as to why these suv's don't sell better, as it is a great suv at a great price. :confuse:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    jipster said:

Wow! I'm the first person in a year and a half to buy a Veracruz? No matter, we love our 2011 Veracruz GLS "executive car"/demo (6k miles) that we bought last week.

Yes, we knew the model was being discontinued. But wife really like all the features, ride, handling, power, style and comfort.

We paid $27,000 for the GLS with Premium package. MSRP was roughly 32,000. We got about 2 grand more than trade in book value for our 2004 Mazda MPV ($5,500). Edmunds private party is $5,600, so we did really well with our trade in. Everything together I think our actual cost was around $25,000.

Probably could have come within a couple thousand of that price if we bought a 2012. We really liked the demo car, so we decided to buy.

Curious as to why these suv's don't sell better, as it is a great suv at a great price. :confuse:

Now have over 150,000 miles on our Veracruz. Overall has been a very good suv.Reliability has been above average.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima