Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Seats

huskerrfanhuskerrfan Member Posts: 1
edited December 2018 in Ford
I have to say I am impressed with this suv but the seats seem really uncomfortable. They are really hard. Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    Haven't noticed any problem with our 2007 Limited seats. Of course we haven't been in the vehicle for more than an hour at a time as of yet. However, the door armrests are a real elbow breaker. Overall we also are very impressed with our Escape.
  • coolbeansohcoolbeansoh Member Posts: 4
    I have the 08 Escape Limited and the seats are very comfortable.
  • fjb37fjb37 Member Posts: 5
    I agree with huskerfan. My wife has an 05 Limited that I hate to drive because of the rock hard leather covered seats, the poor gas pedal angle that forces me to hold my foot up to control speed, and the cheap hard plastic arm rest in the door. The tilt wheel is a joke. I wonder if Ford engineers ever look at a Chrysler or GM steering column. The column in our 94 Grand Caravan is perfect. Great range and ease of adjustment. The column in our escape hardly moves at all. Very little adjustment range. The windshield wiper controls on the RH stalk are kind of dumb too!

The wife loves it and it does go straight in the snow which is handy when you live in Chicago. Ford could have done better IMHO! Just my $0.02

FredB
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Its called the 2008 Ford Escape. You mention a few of the things that they changed for the better, Definately check it out when you get ready to replace your 05. In 2010, we should have the 3.5L engine and 6 speed auto.

Mark.
  • pbear12pbear12 Member Posts: 1
    My husband just got the 2008 Ford Escape and I can't believe how awful the seats are. I drove around the block and my back is killing me. We had a Ford Explorer and it was fabulous. Stay away if you are on the road very much.
    Are you sure the seat is adjusted correctly? We have an 07 Limited and our daughter has an 08 XLT. The seats are quite comfortable in both vehicles.
  • hcjrhcjr Member Posts: 1
    I have a '08 and I "completely" agree those seats are horrible, I hate them. I drive 45 minutes to work and back. Ford used a new type of seat made out of 100% recycled matrieal for '08. Out of all the cars I've had, the Escape has the worst seats in terms of comfort. I also don't care to much for the comand seating. The seat sits too high, even at the lowest position.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Mark.
  • ricky_1776ricky_1776 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an 08 and I love the seats. I would classify them as firm but not uncomfortable. I disagree that the seat is too high. I am 6'5" and I have no issues with the seat being to high. The recycled fabric is "interesting" I dont want to know what they recycled!!
  • joe19403joe19403 Member Posts: 13
    My 2008 escape is now a year old and the driver side seat seems to be wearing. The cloth on the right side of the driver side is "creased" and the foam seams to be creased as well. There is only 7500 miles on the escape. Does any have the same problem?
  • dwoodberrydwoodberry Member Posts: 3
    These are my problems with the 08 Escape 1.both front seats has metal poking throuh the seats 2. The seats are wearing out..3.he cd player when ejecting a disc it doesn't come all the way out and sometimes feeds back in. The dearlship and Ford Company are working together to fix the problems i'm having. I have been to several dealers and they tell me that this is how the seats were made in the 08. If you feel your back fronts seats of your 08 you will know what i'm talking about.
  • nadia42nadia42 Member Posts: 1
    Can you explain to me what Ford and the dealership itself are saying about your seat problem? Are they willing to fix it? Have your headrests warn all the way through??? I see the problem you are talking about but is Ford willing to help or not and if not "what are they saying"

The CD only pops half way out so it doesn't fall on the floor and if you don't take it out in 5 seconds or so it will go back in....
  • dwoodberrydwoodberry Member Posts: 3
    Ford Motor Company are not returning any of my phone calls. The dealership tried to fix the seats but the problem is still there with the seats. All they did was put new seat covers over the seats. The metal rod is still there. If you can only see what i'm talking about. This is really a small vehicle and getting in and out brushing against the seats can be like hitting your funny bone.
  • scooby38128scooby38128 Member Posts: 4
    I also have an 08 Escape and the seats are bending and wearing too. The seats are so bad that rain water makes permanent water spots on your seats. I've had them steamed and shampooed. They stain easily and even the Ford Motorcraft cleaner left a stain. I hate them!!!!!
  • kmausskmauss Member Posts: 72
    I test drove a 2006 (or was it 2007) and ruled it out simply on the basis of awful seats. I figure if I couldn't get comfortable in a 10 minute test drive, there was no way I was going to take one home. I'm going to take a look at them again next year when I start shopping seriously again, but if the seats haven't improved, it's going to be a quick look! Kind of a shame because I really liked a lot about it, but no seats, no car!
  • mona35mona35 Member Posts: 1
    I agree! The rain has left water marks, the slightest moisture from anything stains this thing. I have 19000 miles on my 08 Escape and it looks like it has has 119000. I have never seen an interior so awful before. I am deeply disappointed. I am working w/ the dealer now to fix this. They have detailed it, put protection coat on it and still it stains. I have to detail again and have more stain gaurd on but I am thinking that Ford needs to recall the interior for its consumers. This is insane! Do Not Buy an Escape!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wildkid595wildkid595 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings all-

I thought I was going NUTS watching my tan seats acquire every little stain. I don't eat in my Escape, I don't drink in my Escape, and yet the seats (17,xxx miles in) are all stained up!

I had the dealer clean them when I bought it 7,xxx miles ago but they look bad again.

Has anyone had any good luck with any particular cleaning products?

I love my truck, but this is unacceptable!
    I there are any issues with your seats, make them known to the dealership, as long as it is still under factory warranty. My problem was that my seats easily stain, even with water. I called the 1-800 FORD number. I was told that the more calls they get about any problem, the more engineers have to look into it. We may get a breakthrough if enough us us complain. Personally, I want my seats replaced with some that have better fabric. I've gotten my seats shampooed twice and the water rings are still there. Anyone have the same problem or similar? Get the 1-800-FORD number, tell the dealership and complain.
    I have the same problems. Cleaning the seats actually make them worse. I bought some Ford Motorcraft cleaner and that made stains too. Tell your dealership, get them to make computer notes and then call the 1-800-FORD number, let them know who you are and complain. The more complaints they get, the more they have to look into it and possibly resolve the problem. I have 11,000 miles on my car and have had my seats shampooed twice already because of water stains.
    If your car is still under factory warranty, they have to replace the CD player. I had mine replaced for the same problem.
  • dianitadianita Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem, I brought my escape and the next day my mom brought hers, now she doesnt stop telling me what a mistake we made buying them, the seats look like someone hadnt make it to the bathroom, the water sports look horrible, and I just got back from the dealer and they said they cant do anything and were really rude, saying thats what happen when you dont get the transaprency plan or something like that. I have paid several car details to see if any of them are able to at least make them look a little bit better and no one is able to do it, I had a car detail for years and had never seen such terrible spots on the interior of vehicle, and i also have other ford vehicles and this had never happen before, i really regret buying an escape, and also their quality in customer service is really dissapointing.
  • oldbottlemanoldbottleman Member Posts: 4
    OK, I'll start at the beginning. Bought my 08 XLT Escape with 13,000 miles on it. Saved thousands off sticker. The vehicle is everything my active family needs. V6, 4 doors, 4X4, great gas mileage. It had some faint stains in the tan cloth seats when I got it, but nothing major. Since I bought it less then a year ago, There are horrible stains developing on every seat. I have never seen a worse fabric in my life. Some of the stains are from water drops, and wet shorts coming home from the lake. I have other HUGE dark brown stains that have come out of the seats themselves. I have had 1 spill in it period. I tried the best stain Remover from the Auto Parts Store, and it made them WORSE!!! I took it back to the dealer which happens to be 50 miles away, and they claimed they had never seen the problem. Said they would try to clean them, but need the vehicle for a whole day, and they dont have loaner vehicles. Well by the time I take a day off from work, and get someone to pick me up, I might as well pay someone up my way out of my pocket to TRY to clean them. The Ford dealer near me, could not even get Ford to authorize a shampoo job on them. I called Ford directly, and told them of the problem, and they replied that they have not received enough reports on the problem to issue a re-call. I have found another thread on another Forum Where people are having the EXACT same issues. How long does Ford need to let this go before they act??? I am embarrassed to have anyone get in the car, because it looks so horrible. Have even thought of trading it, never to buy another ford, but I would lose too much money. I have heard people talking about seat covers, Why cover up the problem? Some of these stains are coming out of Ford's new Soy based seat cushens, and I dont know how they can keep denying it. What about when you go to trade and they take the covers off to check out the seats? It will cost me nearly 1000 dollars to buy leather seats out of a wreck and put them in my vehicle. Mind you this vehicle is less then a yr. old, and still under 3 yr. 36000 warrenty. If there is a Ford rep. monitering this forum, I would love to hear from them. I would post pics of the seats on here but dont know if I can. I felt I had to join this site, and add my complete displeasure with the way Ford is denying this problem. I am so pissed about this, I thought of listing the car on E-Bay, with a $40,000 opening bid, so everybody thats on there shopping for an 08 Escape opens my auction to see why its 40 grand to open, and have all the pics. be of the seat stains. And say in the description, Here's what your seats will look like, in less then a year if you buy this SUV with the tan cloth. In this day and age of uncertianty in the American Automotive industry, Ford should be more careful of wanting to keep what owners they have, satisfied. I hope people thinking of purchasing an Escape find their way to this thread BEFORE they buy. I wish I had. Thanks for reading this, hope it helps in your choice of vehicles.
  • carshoppingcarshopping Member Posts: 4
    I have a volvo with light tan cloth seats, and with that too, everytime it rains, it leaves watermarks on the seats. I even bought inexpensive seat covers, and unfortunately the rain wetness seeped through! (probably needed better seat covers..) Volvo dealer looked at me like I had 2 heads; "we have not had this problem before..." Yeah, right.
    I am now looking at an Escape, but with leather seats. The cloth seats nowadays are these sensitive, fine materials....they look horrible within a year. I was not inpressed with the Escape cloth seats either. My cloth seat experience with my Volvo is the primary reason I am selling it...
    If you can afford it, look into getting seats reupholstered. I know leather can be pricey, but with a 2008 Ford Escape, I would not be in a hurry to sell.
    I did have my cloth seats cleaned by the dealer, and the stains do come out, but who wants to do that every 9 to 12 months???
    Good luck everyone...
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,293
    spend 10 bucks for a couple of cans of scotchguard and put some on the seats. :surprise:
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • oldbottlemanoldbottleman Member Posts: 4
    This problem is well beyond what any 10 dollar can of ScotchGuard is going to fix or remedy. Thanks for your wise input though.
  • vg33e powervg33e power Member Posts: 314
    Beyond a $10 dollar can of Scotchguard, huh?....next time step up and pay $500 or so more and get the leather interior so you dont have to deal with stained fabric seats.
    there must be a way to clean them. i don't see spots on the pictures of used ones for sale.
    i meant put on the sctochguard before you get them wet.
  • mariposa7684mariposa7684 Member Posts: 42
    i have the same model. also bought in it in feb. noticed a cup ring on the passenger side seat on the darker woven material. decided to not even try to get it out. other seats were very clean. until a back seat passenger dropped a french fry on the seat. left a grease mark i didn't notice until after the fact. i scrubbed with some dish detergent and hot water. if it comes out, great. if it doesn't, i might contact the dealership. they already replaced a CD player that wouldn't eject a CD all the way. they seem to be responsive (i didn't purchase the vehicle from them).

i'm going to keep an eye out re staining, based on yr post and others. i don't like the recycled fabric. it obviously doesn't repel stains. i plan to spray scotchguard on all the seats.

i previously owned an '03 mini cooper with black cloth seats. they stained easily and were hard to clean. they also faded. i don't think the escape's seats could be any worse.
  • johnrunsjohnruns Member Posts: 10
    At the risk of sounding cynical, I truly understand why consumers move to Honda and Toyota.
    I have leather seats in my '09 and they are the cheapest quality leather I have had in a vehicle...they are more like vinyl. Additionally, the vehicle is about 7 months old and I've had to replace the seat track on the drivers side.

I just don't understand dollar-for-dollar why the "Big 3" don't produce better quality vehicles like the imports. I've had the vehicle for 7 months and if I keep it a year from now that will be pushing it. Too bad, because I like the looks and size....just another disposable Bic lighter!
    We have a 2009 Limited and the leather is of a quite good quality. It is a grade above the 2003 Honda Accord EXL we had and about equal to the 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited we owned. Nothing to complain about here.
    we just got an '09 too and the leather seems to be of better quality than our '04. although the leather in the '04 has held up well, it has never been very soft.
    both have better leather than my '02 explorer, although the wear is mostly with the driver's seat.
  • newbobnewbob Member Posts: 5
    Yes I have as well. I sat in an Eascape today and was considering buying another domestic auto again untill I sat in the dam thing. A park bench is softer. I had a friend with an economy Ford of some type. He was all happy with his new car. I didn't want to say anything but was I glad when we got home. How can they sell crap like that. What can I say that was all it took for me. My first car was a Ford a 1955 Failane 500. Had it through high school. I bought a Chevy soon after that. I noticed one thing right off. (had a car that would start now). Seriously though I think the Escape is ok if ya want the same old re-hashed Mazda motor.And you plan on a trip to the upholstey shop.
    Newbob
  • jdensonjdenson Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Escape and the seats stain so easily. I HATE the waffle pattern type cloth seats. I've never owned a vehicle with that type. My interior is a light grey. It was recommended by my Ford dealer that I take it to a place to have it cleaned and then put seat covers on. First of all, seat covers aren't going to fix the staining if something gets spilled. Secondly, I paid a crap ton of money for this vehicle and it looks like it's 5 years old. I plan to get the seats cleaned and then Scotchguard them but how well does that really work? How many times am I going to have to do this process. I'm not happy FORD!!! I want a refund!!. I don't know what kind of material it is but it sucks!!!
  • mariposa7684mariposa7684 Member Posts: 42
    i agree re the seats. i bought my escape used (a year old) and it was very clean throughout. except that i noticed a stain on the front seat. i read up on cleaning the seats--that's when i found out that the stain was probably here to stay. a while after getting the car, a passenger in the back dropped a greasy french fry on the seat. i should've just left it alone. i made that stain worse trying to clean it. now i have a grease stain *and* a water stain. the seats are made from some recycled material. great idea, but lousy results.
  • elitememberelitemember Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading the post in this forum about the Ford Escape. My seats are HORRIBLE. I have a black interior with the black and brown seats. The stains have completely taken over. It is so ridiculous to have to pay for a vehicle that looks like a piece of ****. I am embarrassed to even open the doors when someone is around because it looks like some threw up all over. I have been to the dealership and they have stated no one has ever complained about this problem. The service manager told me that he thinks its dirt on the seats. I gave him a copy of the professional cleaning that I had done on my seats 1 month prior. I had the seats scotchguarded at the sametime because I knew they would say that. I told him that if he thought it was dirt, that he should have his detail people try to clean the seats to see if he could get the "dirt" out. He declined, to say the least. I have contacted Ford about this problem, they have said that no one has complained about the seats discoloring. Please people if you have this problem, call FORD, the more we make our complaints known, they might fix this problem once in for all. It totally makes no sense that we have to pay for a poor product that FORD has put into these 08 Escapes. If they want to put cheap material in the vehicles, they need to pony up and take responsibility for when it fails.
  • llauckllauck Member Posts: 1
    I have personally talked to a senior executive this week at Ford Corporate in Dearborn and it was indicated that they are working to resolve the 2008 Ford Escape seat staining issue and for us to stay in touch with our dealer. This kind of response to this situation by Ford is the reason why I own three Fords. They are taking steps to backup their slogan, Quality is Job #1. Way to go, Ford. :)
    I talked to my dealer about the seats and they say "what problem". Can you post the name and number of the Ford executive.

thanks
  • keytexaskeytexas Member Posts: 20
    I called Ford Customer Service today after receiving a form letter as a response to my complaint letter to them about the HORRIBLE fabric seats in the 2008 Escape. Cynthia, went over my complaints, put my hold to go "see what they could do for me" and returned to pretty much blow me off. "We just don't have any complaints in our office about the Escape so that we would consider a recall".
    So much for your "Way to go, Ford". You may want to call that Senior Executive again and get an update.
  • escapemeescapeme Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Escape slightly used from my favorite Ford Dealer as a former "executive car" (driven lightly by a Ford Executive) and was pleased with deal although in mourning for the Escape I traded in. I was worried about the light grey and tan cloth seats, but my kids are all grown and I figured I could keep them clean. The first week I had it the rain stained the driver's side. I jumped to the conclusion that the car seats had been cleaned when the car went up for sale and they did not get all the cleaner out. Then I've been mad at my daughter because she drove it to the lake and it came back with what looked like a huge coffee stain on the front passenger seat. She swore that they only rode in it with wet bathing suits. I've been yelling at the dealership about how they sold me a car they knew had problems. Both parties are off the hook now, but I am printing out this forum and taking it straight up to my dealer and the repair department and I am calling Ford. I've already posted this problem on Facebook, next is Twitter.
    I have had good luck cleaning the seats with my little carpeting steam cleaner that is for quick cleaning spills and spots. When you use it though, it produces all sorts of dark brown dirty water, which is why I thought it had been cleaned incorrectly by the dealer. I am not sure the stains go away, I just think it sort of stains it evenly so it looks better.
    I'm at 53,000 miles (I drive 50 miles a day back and forth to work) and I just had to replace the front brake pads and pay over $600 to replace some coolant coil thing. That doesn't seem right to me! I'm wondering if I should get rid of this car now, but it suits our needs so perfectly, I have no idea what else I would buy. That is why I bought a second one. My first one was yellow with the big plastic bumpers and leather seats. That thing looked new even though it was horribly abused and had 130,000 miles I wish I had paid to have the axle fixed instead of getting a new one! I am pretty sure that the gas tank and axle were ruined by the giant gravel on my country road I drove on for 2 years while they were getting ready to resurface it.

The worst part is, that already no one is going to get a decent trade in on these vehicles and it is really embarrasing at work when I have to give someone a ride or pick up a visitor.
    You are most certainly not alone. I too, have a 2008 Ford Escape with fabric seats. They are horrible! They can not be cleaned effectively since even water stains them significantly. Two different times I have asked the dealership service reps about the problem and they just shrug their shoulders. I finally wrote to Ford Corporate Customer Service at the end of September, telling them that I had already talked three people out of buying new Escapes due to the manufacturing issues of not only the seats, but the crappy Continental factory tires, the refrigerant hose that spews goo down the front grill, the A/C switch that has broken twice and the ever-present Ford issue with the brakes. I had an Expedition previously that I loved, though with leather seats. I didn't even look elsewhere the motor on the expedition blew at 188,000 miles and now I regret it.
    Ford did reply to my letter with a form letter telling me they are "always concerned about their customer complaints" and that I should call. I called and talked with Cynthia in Customer Service. I explained the issues - much like yours - and she replied with the question, 'What do you want us to do to solve this problem?" I told her I wanted the fabric replaced. She put me on hold for about five minutes and returned to say my Escape is "past warranty" and that there is nothing they can do. I told her this isn't a warranty issue in my opinion, but a recall issue. They don't care. She also said that they "don't have any other complaints about the 2008 Escape fabric upholstery in their office". Uhhh... sure they don't. Well they do now since I went to google and printed off a bunch of blog complaints like yours (7 pages worth for starters) and wrote a letter to the Vice President of Customer Service at Ford Headquarters (mailed certified) and copies were sent to the GM's of both dealerships here in my area. I also emailed Channel 4, for the iTeam to have a look. I have no idea what will come of this, but Ford, like other auto makers are suffering huges losses and likely will not repair such a blatant manufacturing issue as the fabric seats unless someone sues them.
    You are correct that the trade-in value of the 2008 Escape with fabric seats will be pitiful. We have suffered instant depreciation in excess of what automobiles usually experience as they gain mileage on them. Most of us have significant balances remaining on our auto loans and can't even trade them in to get something better - though I may try if this is not resolved. We'll see.
    I hope more people like you continue to post their aggravation. Maybe something will get done. In the mean time I will continue to talk anyone and everyone out of buying a Ford vehicle.
    To clean the seats get a bucket and fill it about half way and get some upholstery cleaner. Spray a good amount into the bucket. Mix well and wipe down the seats completly. Let this dry and the stains will be gone. I tried spraying the cleaner on the seats and that method left stains behind. I found this on a web site some where. Still mad as hell with Ford!!!!!!!
    Reply to Joe 19403:
    Sure, I'll try that but I am not entertaining any "faith" that it won't make them even worse. Besides, just two weeks ago I had a big bowl of water, upholstry cleaner, Shout and whatever else I could think of and tried scrubbing the seats. What I have are gray, nasty looking dirty seats. The seats just cannot tolerate water or chemicals.
    How old is your vehicle and how many times before have you attempted to clean them?
  • dianitadianita Member Posts: 2
    Hi as well as you I have an escape and have posted here before, we have 2 escapes in the family, we bought them one day of difference so we couldnt know of the poor quality of ford on them, I have called the dealer went up there several times, call ford, for what to only get an associate tell me they didnt had any complaints and hang the phone on me, my mom as well try calling since she is the other owner of an escpae and receive the same answer. So last night we decided to get rid of them, and of course buy from another maker we also persuaded my brother of not buying a ford truck, since he was thinking of getting an escape because he is having another baby and his car is small for their babys, hoepfully ford will realize that treating customers as they are doing it will cost them business, for sure i know i wont ever get a ford again.
    To Dianita:
    So were you able to get rid of the Escape's? Trade them in somewhere?
  • escapemeescapeme Member Posts: 2
    I printed out this entire forum and took it to my Ford dealer today. There was someone from the dealership sitting there - don't know if he was sales or service- but he said, "yeah he had a customer he had been working with for a year and a half on the same problem." So I guess they know about it. He said they are communicating with Ford and I asked them to make a note in my file. Now I will contact Ford and if I don't like the answer I will start causing trouble. Let's keep after them! :sick:
  • bayladybaylady Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

I just purchased the 2010 Ford Escape XLT with fabric seats 3 days ago. I had a 2002 Ford Explorer w/leather seats and loved it. So I didn't even question purchasing an Escape. I thought it was just a smaller version of the Explorer which I was very happy with. However, I did hesitate about buying a car with fabric seats but thought since the kids were grown, I wouldn't have a problem cleaning them once in awhile. Then I started researching reviews on the Escape and came upon this forum. Now I'm wishing I had read it before I made the purchase!

I brought the car back to the dealership after a slight chocolate stain and asked them what to use to clean it. A nice lady in the sales dept. offered to clean it for me. The stain came out, but then there was a dark mark left behind!

The next day I called the Salesman who sold me the car and told him about the stain. He suggested I bring it in and have someone in the Service Dept. clean it. So I brought the car in that afternoon.

I told them all about this forum, the complaints, how everyone HATES the fabric and how even water stains them. Everyone there sighed and said they knew all about the problems and felt awful.

After discussing the issue for awhile, a guy from the garage took my car and cleaned it. The dark discoloration was gone and it looked new and clean again. I asked what he used and how he cleaned it.

The Ford guy handed me a can of Sprayway Glass Cleaner! I was shocked to say the least that this would be used on fabric. But after reading the cloth is made out of waste from plastics, etc. I can understand now why the product worked. HOWEVER, he said you have to clean the ENTIRE seat to have continuity of color or else the spot where you cleaned would be darker than the rest and still look dirty.

Later that day I went to Walmart and purchased stretchy seat covers and will keep them on when out & about to protect the seats. However, after shelling out money for a brand NEW car, this shouldn't be !!!

I have printed out alot of the comments made here and may go back to the dealership to show them. Then I plan on getting an estimate to have all seats re-uphostered in leather and try and get the Dealership to pay for it. This is the 4th car I've purchased through them in the last 7 years and I am hoping that they'll eat the cost to keep me as a happy customer.

For those who can't afford to reupholster, at least you now know that Sprayway Glass Cleaner works and its necessary to clean the ENTIRE seat. Keep in mind that the seat you cleaned, won't look discolored or different from the rest of the seats. You or anyone else won't be able to tell that it was cleaned.

Maybe if enough of us go public, Ford will do a recall on the seats and replace with other fabric.

baylady

P.S. Other than the seat fabric/staining I LOVE my new Escape. I have a 6 cyliner, 3.0 liter engine and love the way it handles and drives. Like the looks of it too. Great little SUV!
    other than the smaller size of the escape compared to your explorer, what do you find different in a better way?
  • karen0256karen0256 Member Posts: 7
    I have my 3rd escape a 2008 that has horribly stained seats from my daughter's water bottles. I read in one of the Ford magazines that they send you that they used recyclable material for the seat covers. Big mistake...I am embarassed to let anyone in my car. I sent an email to Ford customer service and never got a reply back. Is there any way we can get them to respond to this since it is not a safety issue????
  • karen0256karen0256 Member Posts: 7
    My drivers seat has the same creasing on the side near the door in addition to the stains on all of the seats from plain water. I read somewhere that they used recyclable material for the seat covers. I emailed customer service and they ignored my email which really pissed me off. This is our 5th Ford vehicle.
  • marypalmarypal Member Posts: 10
    Yes, I too, have been duped by the cute little Ford Escape. I have the 08 and I also have the interior issues that everyone else is complaining about. I dropped a small piece of chocolate on the drivers seat and tried to clean it-what a mess. The chocolate came out, but the water stain looks terrible, Now that everyone is so sick with the flu, me and my husband are using the hand sanitizer like crazy, and he was driving and spilled some on the seat, now it looks even worse. I got out the manual and they said to get the Motorcraft cleaner for the upholstery, but that didn't even help, the seats look awful in that SUV, it is very embarrasing for anyone to see my interior, I feel like a total slob, but I just can't get them clean!! I really hope that they are happy with that recycled "green" crap that they are making our seats out of?? And by the way, on a long trip those seats are a killer, my husband has a little 03 VW Jetta that is so much more comfortable than the Ford, if it wasn't for taking our animals on trips with us, we would be taking the Jetta instead!!! Thanks FORD for the $24,000 piece of crap!!!