Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Liberty Power Windows

Comments

• koczkojpkoczkojp Member Posts: 2
    Here's a quick fix if you want the window locked in the up position:
    (1) Push the window into the up position.
    (2) Get a heavy duty wire tie, put it through the hole where the window rail mounts to the top of the door.
    (3) Loop the wire tie under the cheap (and broken) plastic guide under the window, and pull tight.
    (4) Attach more wire-ties until you feel confident that they won't break loose.
    (5) Put the door back together.
    After reading your post I decided that I didn't really need to open that window anymore. We've only used that window about 20 times since we bought the car back in 2006, so it wasn't really an issue of the thing wearing out, it was designed that way. I found a quarter inch piece of plastic that had broken off inside the door, so it must have been a pretty cheap design.
  • mleboeufmleboeuf Member Posts: 2
    I am currently using Grey Duck Tape on the two rear windows of my soon to be traded in 2003 Jeep Liberty and I tell everyone who passes by my vehicle about the cruddy design of the widow clips. So far about 10 people said that they thought about buying a Liberty, but did not want me to say I told you so if the widows fell. I would have them fixed but this is the 3rd time each of them have fallen. The 1st time each of them fell, it was before the extended warranty ran out so I had them fixed. The 2nd time was less than 6 months after each had been fixed and I had to pay $130.00 both times to have them fixed, because the dealership that I purchased them from in Thibodaux, Louisiana said that the replacement motor did not have a warranty. This time passenger rear window fell and I used clear Duck Packing Tape at first to fix it and used my vehicle to go into New Orleans, etc. a week later my 2nd window fell and with the wet cold and wet humid weather the clear tape was not holding anymore so I had to turn to the Grey Duck Tape and I can not go into New Orleans with both my rear windows taped up with Grey Duck Tape, so the Jeep has to go...as my 4 year old niece and 8 year old newphew would say............
  • koczkojpkoczkojp Member Posts: 2
    After duct tape (or transparent packing tape), this is probably the cheapest fix for these windows. You take out the two screws that hold the inside of the door on, pop the inside of the door off with a putty knife, remove the speaker and the vapor barrier, and then put on the wire tie. I'm not really describing this well, and it's better that you do a search to get better instructions on this. But if you've muddled through it once, you can probably do it in well under an hour. Which is most likely what I'll be doing when my other rear window fails!
  • cruella1952cruella1952 Member Posts: 2
    I would just like to say that I called the Chrysler toll free number and spoke with a representitive. I made it VERY clear that I was not happy paying 30,000 dollars for a car to have the windows be like this. She was rude and I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told he would call me. Well the rep called me back the next and did a conference call with where I get my car fixed and they said if its a manufacturer problem they will fix it for free, if I pay a $50 deductible. So I brought it in and EVERYTHING including the windows themselves had to be replaced and Chrysler footed the bill. It doesnt hurt to call. It could have cost me over $800, but didnt. I also told the place where it was getting fixed not to put that junky plastic parts back in it and they said, they were upgrading it to a better system. I hope they stay working and not falling. Good luck all!!! :D
  • libertysukslibertysuks Member Posts: 1
    bought my daughter's 2006 used but we had one replaced this summer under warranty. Passenger window broke over the weekend. She took it in was going to cost $487. I printed out some pages from this website and the website from the guy who has made to part to fix this problem and went to the dealership. They agreed to fix at no cost. Wouldn't touch the other two windows that haven't broke yet. Guess I will have to go back at least two more times.
  • nottowaynottoway Member Posts: 67
    Anybody got any good ideas of who we contact to start a recall of the 2006>>2007 Jeep Liberty with bad windows. This is costing us all a lot of money.
    Also, Don't forget to email me for a copy of the MoPar Bulletin detailing the window/regulator problem. They know there is a Major problem.
    edlankford@gmail.com
    Please go to :
    http://www.odi.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Click on Safety Complaints
    Click on Search Complaints

Fill in your type of vehicle, there are about 22 complaints registered concerning the Windows and regulators of jeep libertys. Please detail your complaint. If enough of us do this then there is hope that someone will investigate MoPar and why they are not issuing a recall.
    I was wrong, I got it in pdf form, not jpg so carspace will not accept it.
    Any suggestions ?? edlankford@gmail.com
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's a snipping tool out there (default proggy in Win 7 for example) that will let you copy anything to the clipboard and save it as a jpg.

You may be able to open the .pdf on your screen and then hit the PrintScreen and paste it into Paint and save it.

Or just email it to me and I'll try to save it and email it back to you. Click on my name for the email address. :shades:
  • ritzerritzer Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Jeep Liberty 2007 and we had 5 windows fixed so far. We only put on 8,000 miles since we are retired. We are still on warranty but we are worried about what happens to us after it is up!! It looks like this problem has been going on for many years. This is just rediculous!!!!!!! Has anything been done about this mess?
  • rovermeerovermee Member Posts: 1
    We all need to contact Jeep

Send us an Email

Contact Us by Telephone
    1-877-426-5337
    (1-877-IAM-JEEP)
    M-F 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET

Contact Us by Mail:
    Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance Center
    P.O. Box 21-8004
    Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004

My 06 Jeep Liberty is at the dealer as I type and the dealer wants to change out ALL of my windows and motors/regulator and have me absorb 1/2 of the charges (which is 558). I called Jeep and told them this is a RECALL ISSUE! This truck should be recalled for this. I was told that there must 10,000 affected before they will recall the issue. Start calling my friends and let's get this issue fixed for FREE!

Jeep made a new motor/regulator that is NOT compatible with the window that is currently installed. Now if you get a new motor/regulator, YOU MUST HAVE THE WINDOW REPLACE! This is BULL and a RECALL if I ever heard of one! Start dialing that 1 800 number to get our Jeeps fixed!!!!
  • chellebellechellebelle Member Posts: 6
    I think we all need to get back tire covers that tell the problem and say Crystler will not fix it. Then we can all take pictures of the back of our Jeeps with the cover on and send them in. Think how many people stop behind you at a red light that will read it. And while you are parked at the store, it would be well read!
    If anybody reads this post that may have access to tire covers at a discount price let me know. Heck, if we could find white covers I could stencil the message in!
    How much could it really cost? If we could keep it around $50 or $75 I'd buy one! It could save me several hundred if I can get my windows fixed because if it!
    Thoughts?
    Heres a white one for $29.95:

http://www.tire-covers.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/161?osCsid=b90cd- 12e2a880e227d81dc5085b10a97

I'm looking into how we could put a message on it.
    I emailed it to you !! Hope you can post it for everyone to see. I am getting tons of people requesting a copy and am responding to every one. Today we have someone who is going to start the petition and hire an attorney. Ed
    I got 'em - just haven't had time to try to convert them. :blush:

Check your mail. :)
    Got em Steve, followed your directions and I believe they are now on carspace for everyone to see. One of the people who emailed me for the bulletin is going to start an online petition and she is hiring an attorney to try and spark a recall. Anyone who needs me to email this bulletin to them please email me at: edlankford@verizon.net, celankford@yahoo.com and I am still happy to send it to you as well as add your email to a list I am making to notify people when the online petition is posted.
  • mr_woodchuckmr_woodchuck Member Posts: 1
    i don't suppose that you would still have a copy of the link to the other guy that "made" a part to fix his? i would like to check his site out if you still do.
    thanks,
    chuck
    To print out a copy of the Bulletin sent to Jeep dealers regarding the replacement of the jeep liberty windows and regulators go to:
    mycarspace/edlankford

Also the petition is on line at:
    http://jeeplibertyissues.webs.com/
  • gh1961gh1961 Member Posts: 30
    ed, thank you for being an unpaid policeman for the world...i have beat on corporations so much that i am battle weary...i really appreciate what you are doing on this window issue...

i have replaced the driver rear (can not remember using it) and the driver side is about ready...i knew this CRD that i love was going to be a torrent affair from the day i looked at the front passenger glass and saw that Chrysler emblem on it...now is a good time to pursue this regulator issue given Toyota's concurrent media coverage...what can i do to help????
  • bodaciousgirlbodaciousgirl Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Liberty and my rear passenger window regulator has broken yet again. This is probably the third time... Maybe the forth. Every other window has broken as well. Does Jeep / Chrysler recognize this problem in the 2002 also? I was quoted 340 for the repair. I too paid the freaking deductible too many times to count - I don't see that I should have and quite honestly should get a refund! I am having the dealership run my VIN and pull every time I got my windows fixed. Going to get on Chrysler's case if they don't do something. I love my Jeep but it is a money pit...
  • teller2meteller2me Member Posts: 1
    The problem with these window regulators is an extruded plastic piece which is part of the regulator. The plastic brakes actually shears away from use and there goes your window. Chrysler"s new fix is to replace the glass and the regulator because the design has been changed and it is now one piece.... very costly. If you"re out of warranty, you"re on your own. Fair... I guess not. Wating, calling and talking to everone gets very labor intense. It's not for me... I contacted Autosports of Daytona Inc. they told me how to take out the regulators. I sent the regulators to them and they sent them back repaired. promptly. Give them a call. They're located in Daytona Beach. Hope this helps.
  • catzmeowwcatzmeoww Member Posts: 1
    Wow, glad to see I am not the only one with a continuing problem with my rear window regulators ( gee unlike my dealership lead me to beleive). I am so darn mad about this, after spending close to 500.00 to fix one due to the fact that the company decided to change the who regulator/window instead of just the part or better yet making it a recal as it should be. Instead my other window broke THE SAME DAY as the one I got the broken one fix. I absolutely refuse to spend another 500.00 of my hard earnedmoney on this problem. Unfortunately, I have 56,000 miles on my jeep that I purchased a little over 2 years ago so it has no warranty. I beleive that this should not matter and that the company should stand behind such a repetitive problem. I have requested Ed's bulletin and will be glad to support any petition.
    I think the main thing is going on the DOT website an enter your complaint including your VIN number. I got a response from them so I know someone eventually reads those complaints. Rumor is that they need 10,000 to look into a problem. Bet it would happen with 1 death... With all this swirling around Toyota you can bet at sometime this agency will be scrutinized about their criteria for taking complaints seriously..anyway I think you can google it by typing in National Highway Safety Administration.
    Next, sign the online petition at: http://jeeplibertyissues.webs.com/
    Next send me your email address at: edlankfordsales@aol.com and join in the conversation with about 30 other people who have this problem and are angry about the cost and lack of concern.
    You would not beleive the various treatments we have all had with Chrysler and the dealers, NO UNIFORMITY !! NO POLICY !! Depends on a whim.
    I want a hacker to get jeeps parts records and see how much they have made off this defect in Windows, Regulators and Labor...They got my Money !! But they lost my business and a lot more.
    Please go to this site and register including your VIN number.
    Please go to :
    http://www.odi.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Click on Safety Complaints
    Click on Search Complaints

Fill in your type of vehicle, there are about 22 complaints registered concerning the Windows and regulators of jeep libertys. Please detail your complaint. If enough of us do this then there is hope that someone will investigate MoPar and why they are not issuing a recall.
  • christieb07christieb07 Member Posts: 1
    I have had two windows fixed under warranty and one of the regulators broke and wrapped around the inside mechanisim that triggers the door to unlock/lock and wouldn't let my son out. I would consider this a safety issue. Each of the doors were okay for about 4 months and then they broke again.
    I am boggled why you cant get a replacement part of some sort made out of steel instead of plastic.
    I was just informed that I can't get a safety inspection sticker because my window would not go up and down as it should (driver side) because I may not be able to give arm signals; yes I know the blinkers have to pass to but I and others should not have to deal with this. I bet the CEO of Mopar wouldn't deal with this either. Anyhow, I have it wedged currently in the up position but someone could easily slide the window down and I would have to open the entire door to get the window back up.

Im sorry but I can not afford $600 to get these windows fixed. Any ideas?
  • kavionkavion Member Posts: 1
    I see all of these posts on here with links, yet when I click on them none of them work. Can someone direct me somewhere about this issue. I love my Liberty and am shocked to find that thousands of us have the same problems. Mine has 57,000 miles on it. I came out of a store last night to find my window down. Thank God I wasn't robbed, but Jeep needs to do something about this. Has anyone contacted the media?
  • winneckewinnecke Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    :mad: My windows keep getting suck and not rolling back up. I just got my 6th window fixed and it is the third time I have taken it to the dealership over power window issues. Twice, I have came out of work downtown to find my window completely down where you couldn't see it. Female in the middle of the night. Can you say safety issue? They said that the problem has happened to so many people Jeep decided to use 2 regulators instead of one, which required new windows that fit better with the 2nd regulator added? My factory warranty is up, so now I have to pay an $100 deductible with my extended warranty, which doesn't cover "broken" windows... my window was never broken though, it is just not the right "fit." I had to pay $230 for this recurring problem and they would not let me talk to anyone responsible for issuing refunds.

It is not only the money, but the principle. I wasted 4 hours trying to file a complaint at the dealership today, and about an hour total at the rental car place. Along with the second time, when I had to get a rental car for 3 days and take off work to take & pick up my car. The dealership was NOT helpful. They said it was my responsibility to pay for this.

I asked, "Why did you need to put a new part in?"

He said, "Because jeep realized the original "regulator" wasn't working when everyone was having the same complaint."

I say, "So, it is my responsibility to pay for your mistakes."

He says, "You aren't the the original owner, so good luck. They are going to still make you pay for it. You have 60,000 miles anyways, what do you expect?"

For you to help your customers and take care of the problems that were created by you.

Good job guy. With that excuse I am sure everyone's going to running out the door to buy a jeep. He used every excuse he could to turn this on me. When really, all he had to say was... I am so sorry for the inconvenience and I totally understand why you are upset, let me see what I can do to help. Do you think I can call you tomorrow after I talk to my advisor? If any of my employees ever treated a customer like I was treated today, I would fire them on the spot. I am contacting Clark Howard. I am looking into who to contact about recalls and I am making sure we are not paying for Chryslers mistakes.

This is my summary of my experience
    1. Jeep doesn't take responsibility for their mistakes. 2. They do not care about the resell value of their cars. 3. Once your jeep hits a certain mile marker, just expect for it to crap out. 4. They could care less about their customers.
  • winneckewinnecke Member Posts: 3
    I am looking into who would be best to contact at this point.
  • beachpatty69beachpatty69 Member Posts: 8
    Please share if you find any help, I have the same recurring problem & can get no help. The Jeep dealer here wants me to pay $90 to "diagnose" the problem, I KNOW what the problem is and don't think we should pay 1 DIME to get this issue fixed! :mad:
  • mariaraliamariaralia Member Posts: 2
    Hi! i have the same problem with my windows, my front windows dont want to go back up, i have a 04 jeep liberty and i had a mechanic look into the problem. it seems that the problem is coming from the control box between seats. he showed to me and is not doing any contact with the doors. however the back windows worked fine
  • mariaraliamariaralia Member Posts: 2
    also, the front doors seem to be ok, its just the control box in between seats the problem. I found a piece for 65 and im gonna put it myself to see if it fix the problem
  • afalk462afalk462 Member Posts: 1
    I think at this point...a Class Action Lawsuit needs to be filed against Chrysler...this is a known issue across the board and it seems like unless you are still under warranty , Chrysler dosn't care...this will be the second time i am having a window fixed..or i should say ,"it's being reviewed by Chrysler".
    Why should we have to pay for defective equipment? They know its a problem, yet they think we will do nothing about it.
    If enough of you feel the way i do. send me an email. I am researching Class Action Lawyers, if there are enough of us, we can get something done.

afalk462@gmail.com

Andrew Falk
    Your're probably better off going to small claims court unless you want to wait three years to get a coupon for $500 off a new Jeep, and maybe a bottle of Windex.

A case in which the only winners are lawyers (MSNBC)
  • rb15815rb15815 Member Posts: 1
    Yes I have a 2006 Liberty and it's 1 year over the 3 yr and 7,000 miles over the the mileage but I have the bumper to bumper warranty on it. I only have 43,500 mile. :confuse: :lemon: :lemon: My FOURTH (4) window mishap on the liberty. Took it in and the dealer said OH SORRY IT"S OVER THE WARRANTY TIME AND THE EXTEND WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER. Look at the extended warranty it cover window motor but not acuator? Also told them that it was never fix right and you have a new acuator that suppose to fix the problem and by the way we have to replace your window but thats not cover. THE COMPANY SHOULD HAVE A RECALL AND FIX THEM ALL. I DID LIKE MY JEEP BUT MORE I HAVE IT THE MORE IT COST ME. Someone need to wake-up
  • ckddckdd Member Posts: 1
    Hello I just paid 348.56 to have my left regualtor fixed as well and the dealershiip said it should have been recalled. I only have 30,417 miles on my truck and I still ahd to pay now I'm waiting for the next one to break as they all are not working well
  • 2006crd2006crd Member Posts: 1
    Well, I'm glad I'm not alone... I've had the Jeep in the shop four times for the rear windows; it's alternated between the left and right, and I haven't had problems with the fronts. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

What I've done so far is to call 800 992 1997 to get a case number assigned. After that, I took the Jeep to get diagnosed at the dealer (I don't know why; it's the same stupid problem as every other time). Fortunately for me, since I've taken the Jeep there for all its oil changes, the service advisor was pretty cool with me. Normally they'd charge for the diagnostic, but he didn't. Anyway, Jeep assigned a caseworker to me, and she called today. The process continues like this:

After Chrysler (Jeep) decides that yes, I do own a Jeep, and that yes, the windows keep breaking, and the dealer calls Chrysler to let them know that I'm not full of it, they authorize the repair by issuing a Repair Order and assigning it to your case number. You take the Jeep in and get it fixed, either paying for it fully (if you don't have a service contract or the warranty is expired) or the deductible (if you have a service contract). After the repair is complete, you send a "Letter of Explanation" to Chrysler (because the people that read it don't know why your asking for money from them) along with a copy of your RO (repair order) and proof of payment (the receipt) to Chrysler. You have to include your name, address, phone number, last eight digits of your VIN, and the case number in the Letter of Explanation. Then, after 30-45 days, Chrysler will reimburse you.

I argued with them saying that the other windows in the Jeep all contained the same part, and that it was only a matter of time until the other windows did this again, and requested that they authorize the dealer to use the new metal part that Chrysler uses to permanently fix the problem, to which the customer service agent politely said "no."

So I, along with everyone else that has this problem, can apparently look forward to speaking to Chrysler at least four times for the exact same problem. I guess it's job security for their customer service folks...
  • tjrodestjrodes Member Posts: 2
    GET THE WORD OUT...FILL IN COMPLAINT FORM ONLINE
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

OR

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

OR this to file the comlaint. Can get to from any of the above links as well.
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
  • scottsreaderscottsreader Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    I did all that and Chrysler still wanted to charge me $100 a window! They will not take responsibility! That service repair guy not putting in the metal replacement should be sued! Our service guy said our vin # wasn't under the list to get the metal repair, even though Chrysler told us to have it done. Don't let anyone tell you different, it is a nationwide problem.
  • vicvillevicville Member Posts: 19
    I have a 2008 liberty and had my drivers side go out about 2 months ago...I cant believe these issues...
  • andrevale13andrevale13 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Andrew,

I have a Jeep Liberty 2004, when I bought the car the back window at the left was not working, but the dealer fix before give me the car, and now (6 months later) the same problem happened with the window at the right side. They are asking me for $365 to replace the machine and the mechanic said this is the most common problem with this model. We should do some thing!!
    My email is valeimuno@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Andre Vale
  • andrevale13andrevale13 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all
    Is there no way to fix this in a non authorized mechanic for a cheaper price? Because each time we go to the Crysler dealer we need to pay $360, so I want to solve my problem, but I don't want to pay that much!!
    Thanks
    Andre
  • sampson9sampson9 Member Posts: 1
    My 06 liberty also has bad regulators. Ive allready replaced the passenger rear now the drivers rear broke. I work as a service advisor for an auto repair shop. Even with a parts discount and doing the install myself im furious with chrysler not taking care of this problem. I understand its a design issue thats not good enough. I own two jeeps and convinced the wife to buy the liberty. This has been one of several other issues, like the blower motor recall or the paint peeling of the rims whats next. Being in the repair business im considering not buying another jeep especially not a liberty. Never thought i would say that being a jeep guy.
    Great news! I had my 4th window replaced today at a Jeep service center. Crystler had agreed to only charge me $50 as an 'extended warranty' deductible.
    The service guy came out with my keys and told me there was no charge.
    He said the Crystler agent that approved my case to pay for the fix minus the $50 said there is an official recall in the works and not to charge me the $50.
    Good luck to all of us!!! I hope I get the money back on the other 3 windows I paid for. :-) :-)
  • crjeepcrjeep Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 Liberty and just had this happen yesterday for the 3rd time since I bought it in Sept 2007. It's always the rear windows- rear drivers, then rear passenger and now rear drivers again. I have filed a complaint with the govt website listed earlier and will be calling Chrysler as well. This is ridiculous! I really hope there is a recall soon.
  • poppi1poppi1 Member Posts: 1
    I've bought american cars all my life.
    My last new car was a Chevy Impala.When the intake manifold problem occured the mechanic laughed and said "Well Chevys have been having that problem for years." There was never a recall or any apologies from GM.
    So I went American again and bought a Jeep Liberty. The rear drivers side and the front passenger side windows are broken.It hasn't reached 40,000 miles yet.
    I don't expect to see a recall on this car either because American Auto makers don't seem to give a damn about quality anymore.
    I'm just another American Patriotic Sucker.The jokes on me.

poppi1
  • travlinsamtravlinsam Member Posts: 7
    There are ways to fix this yourself, even with minimal experience.

Do a search online for replacement kits and "how to" guides (they are included)...a little bit of research on your part will pay off.

I have a 2007 Liberty Sport and I'm going in for my servicing (just hit 63K miles) and my driver's side window is dragging when raising it. Just another window issue (I've had the rear drivers window also fail at around 16K miles).

Anyone have issues with their air conditioning? Mine sucks. I've never had a good "cool" from it.

My wife has a 2008 Jeep Patriot and her A/C works great.

Sam
  • smurrowsmurrow Member Posts: 5
    You know, it is really sad that people would HAVE to "fix it themselves". The problem is that it isn't considered a "safety" issue so they can't be forced to do a recall. And it won't be, until some kid falls out of a window, or some woman is attacked returning to her car at night b/c the window fell down on her way to work and someone just hopped in the car and waited....and even then, the media would have to publicize the story and cause a lot of negative publicity for Chrysler before they would do anything. Anyone know any reporters out there?

As far as the A/C, no, I've never had a problem with mine. And I live in Denver, where we are a mile closer to the sun, and my liberty is dark green, so I do use it in the summer!
  • crjeepcrjeep Member Posts: 3
    I just had my window fixed today- no charge. I called Chrysler and made a formal "complaint" about the window issue. I got a case number assigned and the rep told me someone would call me back within one business day. Someone called the next day and told me that Chrysler has acknowledged that the regulator is defective and that she would contact the dealer where I was having it fixed and there would be no charge. She also said that if it happens to any of the other windows in the future that I should call Chrysler to report it and they will pay for the repair. I had the regulator and the glass replaced. I was happy that both Chrysler and the dealer did not give me a hassle- I was prepared for a fight but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't get any push back. The service rep at the dealer said there was no recall "yet". I did stress to the person at Chrysler that I felt that this was a serious safety issue-especially since I have two young children in the back seat and driving around with no window was dangerous. I really hope there is a recall soon before anyone gets hurt. I also hope this is the last time I go out to my car and find there is no window! Good luck to everyone and make sure you call Chrysler when you have a window problem so they can have a record of it and arrange to pay for the repair. If you have already paid for a repair call them so you can get reimbursed.
  • beachpatty69beachpatty69 Member Posts: 8
    Well dang, it's about time they owned up to the problem, I'm on window #3 replacement, the first 2 were covered under warranty, I have been driving since winter with my drivers side passenger window taped up!
    I will call today!
    Thank you,
    Beachpatty
  • mrfixitswifemrfixitswife Member Posts: 1
    I'm a new forum member and am replying to an old but worthy post. For all you about to be at the end of your warranty... THIS POST IS FOR YOU. My husband has a nack for fixing mechanical car problems. He's fixed 5 power windows in the past year (3 on a '04 F150 and 1 on a '83 Benzo and 1 on a friends Jeep Liberty). Jeep Liberty has an ity bity part on the power window made of plastic. When the dealer 'fixes' your window, they replace it with the same defective plastic part. There is a company that makes a replacement part for $100 but you need to find someone to install it. Most places will charge you $200 for labor. The good news is... once you install the METAL REPLACEMENT part, your window will most likely stop breaking. Feel free to contact me for any other info... I'm sure I can ask my hubby for the answer :).
    P.S. we are in Vegas so that plastic part is notorious for breaking!