Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi donnyjeffcoat. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Q5 Premium Plus are .00036 and 46%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dellysondellyson Member Posts: 2
    Here's the lease deal I signed at Santa Monica Audi:

Q5 Premium Plus w/19" wheels, Audi care
    Gross Capitalized cost $40,482
    36 months
    12,000 miles
    $611 pmt including 9.25% CA tax
    $1,650 first mo pmt, tax, title, etc.

I love driving it!
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi:
    Isn't Audi offer 1st payment waive promotion now?
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    yes they also waive the registration fee i believe.
    We are trying to get deal for

Q5 Premium Plus + Navigation - $41k
    or
    Q5 Prestige - $45k

Does anyone think this is possible? Any help will be great thank you.
  • daxdepdaxdep Member Posts: 1
    Hi -
    I got the following deal for 10K miles per yr - 3 yr lease in NJ

Q5 Premium plus + Navigation + 19" Wheels (Quartz gray with black interior)

MSRP: 46,600
    Lease Term: 36 months
    Monthly Payment: $645 (includes Audi care)
    Residual: 49 % (10K miles)
    Initial (3145 - one month payment): $2500

Need to decide in 2 days, will appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.
    DD
  • lakeshow1lakeshow1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Dellyson,

That is the deal I want for exact same car. Who was your salesman? Did you shop around quite a bit. How much over invoice? Thanks!
    MSRP is $46,600 but how much did you negotiate down to? $43,600? or lower? I checked few dealership and they told me 12k 36 months is 45% with audicare. If $645 is before tax then I think paying for $23,220 for the first 3 years lease plus $2500 down pay are little expensive. This seem to be high when I am doing the calculation. I am also looking for the deal for Prestige or Premium plus + Nav but dealers don't budget much because the car is new. I think we will wait :)
  • taylorn2taylorn2 Member Posts: 1
    Dellyson,

Congratulations on your new Q5. I was at the Q5 Audi Event at Hollywoood Park last Sunday and it is truly a remarkable vehicle. Your model and options are exactly what I'm looking for and the terms sound very good for current Q5 leases.
    How was your experience with Santa Monica Audi? If you prefer you can email me at greging@att.net.

Thanks,

Greg
  • martin76martin76 Member Posts: 7
    Just trying to make sure I'm doing my calculations correctly. If MF is 0.00036 that translates into 0.864% interest. Isn't that a decimal point too low?

Also, are there any rebates, incentives or conquest money available for Q5 right now?
  • allchemieallchemie Member Posts: 6
    I really like the Q5, but Audi mostly has terrible deals on this vehicle due to the incredibly low residual values. On the new Lexus RX350 the residuals are between 53%-59% depending on the options, while the Audi Q5 runs about 43%-49% depending on the "luxury" level. Basically Audi is telling all leasers that they have far less confidence in the long term value of the vehicle and want the customer to take the hit.

Greg
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    True, but the MF's are much higher on the Lexus.
  • crossover1crossover1 Member Posts: 27
    0.864% is 0.864 of 1 percent. This is about right.
    Spoke with a dealer in NYC and they claim all 09 Q5 in NYC are sold and pending for 2010 Q5 will be delivery end of July. Is it true?

Try to get one at the current promotion now
  • rafisyrafisy Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this leasing and would like to know if the following is a good deal.
    I am not a numbers guy but trying to find out what all i have to look for a good lease deal.
    -----------------------------------
    The Summer of Audi Event - No Payments at Signing Now through July 6, 2009.

$0 Down payment
    $0 1st month payment
    $0 Security deposit (waived)
    $0 Due at signing*

Now, for a limited time, Audi is offering exceptional leases through Audi Financial Services on nicely equipped 2009 Audi Q5 3.2 models for $569 per month for 36 months with $0 due at signing including the 1st month payment from Audi Financial Services. Examples exclude taxes, title, other options and dealer charges.

Or 2.9%** APR for 36 months on all 2009 Audi Q5 models.

These offers good through July 6, 2009 so hurry into your local Audi dealer today to take advantage of these special savings.
  • pc323pc323 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if anyone has thought about the down payment in a much more broad sense. My suggestion is to not provide a dealership a down payment. Obviously you must consider what works best for you but logic says a down payment isn't the best option. Let's do some math:

- Dealer Quote

Get them to quote you both with a down payment and another without.

1. monthly quote w/o down - monthly quote w/ down = difference
    2. difference x term = down payment (does it equal or does it not equal your down)

Most of the time it works in the dealerships favor. The amount of the down does not get applied 1:1 by lease end. Usually there is a couple hundred dollars difference that you could have had on the plus side and in your pocket. Sure, you could probably negotiate it so that it gets applied as logic would have it but there is another caveat.

You just gave up a substantial chunk of money (usually $2k or $3k). This is what I would do (and have done for my Q5):

Put the money you would have given them as a down payment and put it into a high interest savings account (such as ING Direct @ 1.5%). Each month just take the small difference out of the ING account and use it towards the higher monthly. You'll continue to earn interest on what would have been the down. By lease end you'll be out on top with a tank or two of gas. In addition, during the lease term that money can be used for other emergencies that may arise instead of tapping your other reserves.

In the end, it's all about squeezing every last penny in your favor.
    I don't have exact numbers in front of me but here are some key stats:

Ibis White w/ beige
    Premium Plus
    Nav
    19-in. wheels
    Audi Care
    12k/yr

Selling price: $43k (and change)
    Monthly: $720 - 36/mos.
    No Down

I may have been able to negotiate it down to $710-$715 (maybe even lower) but I still feel like I got a good deal. A great car buying experience and the Q5 is phenomenal.
    For the Summer Audi Sales Event in the Atlanta District they have have the following lease until July 6th, 2009.

Basically it is a 36 month lease fora PremiumPlus at $599/month with 10K miles including destination charge @ MSRP $42,800 with a purchase option at end for $20,972. It also has a turn in charge of $350 if you decide to bring the car in at the end of the lease.

Considering that "PC23" above has a lease based on $43K and change for $720/month, this is a much better deal. One could probably get a $47,000 Q5 at around $725/month in the Atlanta district.

Greg

Q5 Example Lease:
    (See your Audi dealer for lease terms on other models)

2009 Audi Q5 Premium Plus
    $599* lease per month for 36 months with NO PAYMENTS AT SIGNING
    Now through July 6, 2009

Down payment: $0
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: $0
    First month's payment: $0
    Amount due at lease inception: $0
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 7/6/2009. Rate based on $42,800 MSRP of a 2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus (includes destination charge). Purchase option at lease end for $20,972.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details.
    I should have specified that the "Selling price" does not include taxes, title, and doc fee. It is the agreed upon price not including the upgraded wheels and Audi Care which added an extra $5/month (@ 36/months = $180).

The Atlanta deal sounds really good for those who can do without the Nav.
  • apdioapdio Member Posts: 4
    The 2010 models are identical to the 2009 models. I think there may be a few slight changes in options/packages. From what I understand, the model year was changed to keep in line with the model years of competitors.
    The Atlanta area summer deal event seems to have a residual of 49%. The MSRP $42,800 X 0.49= $20,972, which is the price you can purchase the Q5 after the 3 year lease is done. The financed part if one takes the full MSRP $42,800 - $20,972 = $21,828, which is the amount depreciated and financed. $21,828 divided by 36 months = $606.333. Since I'm sure they aren't financing at less than 0%, it is likely the sales price of the vehicle is at least $1,000 less then the MSRP.

Greg
  • yueluyuelu Member Posts: 3
    Hello car man,

Could you please let me know the current money factor and residual value for Q5 Premium and Premium Plus available for June (the Summer Event), 10k or 12k miles/yr, if you have the information? I am in CT, if they vary by region. Thanks in advance.
  • rpr2rpr2 Member Posts: 2
    Can you give more specifics please. How much and what were the options?
  • rpr2rpr2 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the Q5 premium with heated seats, sun roof, homelink, symphony radio 12,000mi/yr, 6.5 % tax 3 years no money down. How much is the best lease out there?

Currently live in Ohio.

Also, would prefer the latest unit with the softer A4-steering. Also would consider a premium plus.

Rich
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    hi, looking for money factor and residuals on Q5 with premium plus, 12,000 miles, 36 mths, tier 1 in southern cali. And the $599 a month summer event, that payment doesn't include tax, right? thanks! Anyone bought a Q5 recently and loved driving it? my lexus rx400h is at the end of its lease term. Drove the Q5 and it felt less powerful, but the rx350 does not appeal to me and who knows when the much pricier rx450h will make it to the dealerships.
  • markd4markd4 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a Premium Plus with Nav, black/beige. $592/month for 36 months with 12K/year, includes Audi Care and ski rack. 3000 trade-in and 1500 down (total 4500 down). Lots of fun to drive - hope this helps. Lease was done in the Dallas-Ft Worth area. Good luck.
    I think you overpaid unless you paid drive off costs. I got the same offer for $675 including tax with only drive off down. I am also being offered car at invoice.
    Congratulations on getting your new Q5, dellyson. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi martin76. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '09 Q5 is indeed .00036. As you mentioned, this is equivalent to an interest rate of around 0.864%...less than 1%.

Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck right now, but I don't believe that it is currently providing any conquest cash on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello yuelu. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00036 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Q5 Premium Plus are .00036 and 48%. This is a national program that does not vary by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman:
    Got a quote from NYC Dealer which claim there are out of stock on all 2009 Q5. And they have one from customer canceled order. Q5 Black with Premium Plus +Navigation package.
    36 Month
    10K/year
    $630.00 per month
    $2700 due at signing (NYC 8.375% and bank fee up front)

Is it a good deal or should I wait for 2010 Q5?

Thanks
    I got same deal for about 50 less a motnh. $675 including tax,
    Hello womble. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00036 and 48%, respectively.

Manufacturers' official advertised lease payments never include sales tax. In fact, savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised leases by negotiating a lower selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    Thanks, car man. Is there generally a "good" month to buy or lease a car in? I'm in no hurry and could wait as long as september to lease...
    Hi Car man:

Do u know what is the different on monery factor for Tier A and Tier B credit?

thanks
  • psu1226psu1226 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car man:

Do you know if similar MF and Residuals will be offered by Audi Financial Services in the 2010 Audi Q5s? I heard that they will be available some time in August. I am very interested in leasing one with Premium Plus and S-Line package but I am not sure if it is smart to wait for the 2010 or not.

Any input would be appreciated.
  • ibush01ibush01 Member Posts: 6
    How does this deal sound?

09 Q5 Premium Plus

MSRP 42325
    Sale 40425
    resid 46%
    MF .00036

36mo/15k for $603.66 (plus tax)

With 625 acquisition fee and 150 tags only due at signing.

Tax brings this truck to 657.99/mo.

Seems like a good price -- but I'd like Audi Care, too. Should I push to add at quoted price? Or can I do better?
  • ddyouandmeddyouandme Member Posts: 6
    I'm currently negotiating to lease a Q5 Premium with a few standalone options, and thanks to this forum, i felt like I had the upper hand (or at least was getting a fair deal). Until the salesperson mentioned $2k in "drive-off fees". I know there are some fees associated with a lease, but this seems awfully high. Am i being taken for a ride?
    @ibush01:

I think you got a nice deal. Maybe could have been a bit better in the next month or 2 as I hear that the 2010 will be coming in, but inventory on 09 could be running low.
    I think you can get $625 including tax...that is what I was offered for that deal.
    That is probably with 12,000 miles a year
  • aquaman2aquaman2 Member Posts: 7
    I live in State of California(Los Angeles) and looking to lease a 2009 Audi Q5 with Premium Pkg for 36 months at 10K per year. So far, the best deal I have got is $569/month for 35 months(Audi' rebate takes care of first month) with Zero down and drive off is at $1,200. How does this deal sound?
  • briguy8briguy8 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 09 Q5 prestige package. I got a quote of the following and think I am getting ripped off, please help me:

MSRP: 50240
    Selling Price: 49540
    Rebate: 1000
    Residual 45%
    12k/36 months

I don't know what the money factor is but the financing would be through Audi.
    You're welcome, womble. It's tough to generalize about when the best time to lease is. We are rapidly approaching the end of the 2009 model year. Vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses. Manufacturers usually offset this drop in residuals by lowering the money factor that they charge on vehicles. However, it eventually gets to the point that it is too expensive to offer an attractive lease payment on leftover models and they pull the plug on leasing.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that Audi's lease program on '09 models is probably about as good as it is going to get right now. It still has a window of another month or two where it could crank up lease support on certain models if it wanted to, but I'm not sure that it will.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ipipip316. I'm sorry, but I have not seen Audi Financial Services' money factors for any credit tier other than its top one. If I am not mistaken, I believe that AFS is actually fairly lenient about what credit scores it allows to qualify for its top tier anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi psu1226. Is your username a reference to Penn State? If so, go lions. I'm a big fan. Audi has not introduced a lease program for 2010 models yet. I don't think that the '10 Audis have even started to arrive at dealers yet. AFS probably won't launch a lease program on them until they do. It is difficult to say what the '10 Q5's lease program will be like when it launches.

Car_man
    Host
    I;m glad that you have found this discussion so helpful, ddyouandme. Normally at lease signing, Audi Financial Services charges a security deposit, acquisition fee, and first month's payment at lease signing. However, as part of the "Summer of Audi Event," which coincidentally is currently being advertised in the ad box to the right, Audi is waiving its security deposit requirement and the first month's payment on all Audi models, including the Q5. As a result, $2,000 sounds like an awful lot of money to have to pay at lease signing. You definitely ask the dealer to break it down for you. When you get an explanation of what it includes, let us know. I usually advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing.

Car_man
    Host
  • bethbarnesbethbarnes Member Posts: 3
    That doesn't sound like a great deal at all. I just leased a 09 Q5 with a MSRP of 41650 ( a little less than yours) for 12k for $505.00 with $1500 down and Audi waived the first months payment as part of The Summer of Audi event. I didn't get the Premium plus with navigation but I am sure that feature can't be $200 more a month. It is an amazing vehicle but that price is way too high!
  • bethbarnesbethbarnes Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the mythical credit score requirement for Tier 1 credit? I already picked up my car but am now starting to wonder if I was told I didn't make tier 1 just for them to add some money back onto a really good deal they were matching from another dealer. I am suspicious now because I was told 720, but then some people at that score in different forums were told 830 so I am wondering if they use that as leverage to add to the payment. I was tier 1 no problem with BMW and am just under 700.
  • edwellsedwells Member Posts: 1
    Los Angeles area lease under "Summer of Audi" program

Brilliant Black w/ Cardamon Interior
    Premium Plus w/ MMI Nav (MSRP $45,325 includes $825 destination fee)
    $638 drive off (CA license fee, CA DMV electronic filing, CA tire fee)
    $678 mo (excluding tax)
    36 month/10,000 miles
    Audi Care maintenance pkg
    $100 gift certificate for parts/accessories

MSRP $45,325
    Vehicle Capital cost $44,425
    Gross Capital cost $45,835 (incremental cost over vehicle is maintenance plan, acquisition fee, document fee)
    TMV $42,733
    Invoice $42,210

Residual increased by 2% with the Audi Care maintenance pkg
    $400 charge at end of lease if all scheduled maintenance has not been performed by an Audi dealer and stamped in the maintenance book
    $350 charge at end of lease to buy the car

I've had previous leases for Toyota, Lexus, and BMW. Used a broker on all previous leases.

Key Points

Didn't know about the dealer quotes off Edmunds. Use them to start the negotiation process.

If the dealer has a couple of cars (color etc) that meet what you want, take the lease info and leave the dealership. Study the info and you return later in the day or the next day.

If you don't take the Audi Care pkg, does the $400 charge at end of lease for scheduled maintenance still apply.

If you know of someone who has leased a vehicle recently, ask for a copy of their lease agreement so that you can see how the numbers come together.

Key is to bring the capitalized cost down as low as possible through negotiation asking for free maintenance plan (the other offset to capitalized cost is your money down)

Bottom Line

Don't beat yourself up about the price you pay, learn from the experience. If the lease decision was all about price, you wouldn't be looking at an Audi.
This discussion has been closed.