Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Car-man -- does gap insurance help if you put a chunk down and the car gets totalled?
  • bestdeal4bestdeal4 Member Posts: 8
    I paid 500 over invoice after working on two dealers in new york city area. Love this car, it make me smile when i drive.
  • mattstudneymattstudney Member Posts: 6
    Guys - was offered the following - what do you think?

2010 Audi Q5
    Premium plus Navigation and B&O Sound System Upgrade MSRP is $46,550
    15,000 Miles/year
    36 Month Lease
    Blue on Black (i.e. more expensive paint)
    $3000 down (nothing more, includes 1st payment)
    $698 per month (Includes everything, i.e. tax)
    Audi Care included
    Hey - what was the MSRP for that offer? did it include Navigation? thanks for the info... have a similar offer after a whole bunch of back and forth...

Love the car...

if you bought already, what do you think?

Check out post 206 and that is exactly what I got offered
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    What state did you get that deal offer from? I'm assuming that it isn't NY state where you pay tax up front and that your $3000 down is contributing to a capital cost reduction. If that's in NY state, then you are getting an amazing deal.

I'm sure someone can get a deal on a car that is in front of them, but to get a dealer to seriously lift a finger, on a car they don't have, I doubt a $500 over invoice will cut it.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Well, again I will post that the Q5 w/prestige was 6% off list, which I was told was below tissue. This was for a car ordered in May/June and delivered in August. It was the 2010 Q5 Meteor Grey. This is a puruchase, not a lease.

Dealer was JD in northern NJ.
  • audilover18audilover18 Member Posts: 10
    Been working on this exact car all week. List price I'm looking at is $47,415. Has 19" tires, B&O, and Nav. Best deal until today was $713 NO money down except tax and inception fees- around $2300 total. Call BELL AUDI in Woodbridge. If you seriously want to take a car today, they probably will beat any offer. They have one Prestige in stock, black/black, was offered it today, 36mo, 10,000mi/yr, $49+ list for $717 with around $3200 out of pocket. Easily the best deal I found. But I just don't want a black car!!
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    what dealer? thats a good price and if i could get one with nav I would for for it.
    I went ahead and signed a lease last week for the numbers shown in my original post..

I signed the lease through BELL Audi in Edison, NJ.

They had 15 Q5s in stock last week, but are down to 10 this week (end of month push I assume). By far they seem to have the most available in NJ.

My specs were Dark Blue on Black (by far best colors in my opinion), Premium Plus, Navigation, B&O Upgrade... MSRP $46,550

$3000 total due at signing (about $1100 went to Cap Cost reduction, the rest was 1st payment, Audi Bank Fee, Other fees).
    $698 per month (includes tax)
    36 months and 15,000 miles per year

I love the car so far... but I only have 100 miles on it.
    In my research, Bell Audi has been the MOST AGRESSIVE in their pricing. I would have leased m car from them had it not been black/black!!
  • behcarbehcar Member Posts: 2
    Q5 Black/Black Premium plus, Nav+ B/O +19"
    MSRP: $46,875
    Selling price: $45,076.25 plus tax and lic.
    Res: 48%, MF: 0.00108
    3K down, which some of that goes to Bank Doc fee, security deposit and first payment

Is it a good deal?
    BTW today my dealer told me that for November deals:
    LMF went from .00108 to .00105 and residual dropped 1%.
    Audi is also waiving security deposit on a lease.

Is it true?
    Whats the monthly payment come out to?
    how many miles?
    how many months?
  • behcarbehcar Member Posts: 2
    36 Month
    15K mileage
    with downpayment of 4K
    (from down payment only ~1200 goes toward cap reduction)
    around 600 bank doc fee
    around 600 security deposit
    and first monthly payment covers the rest

monthly: 665+tax
    If you meant $3K down, then I think that is a pretty good deal (I assume the 4K is a typo based on the other info provided).

Total payment with tax for you in NJ comes out to ~ $711 per month, which is 13 more per month than I negotiated for a car that had an MSRP of $46,550.

Only differences between us is that I picked a more expensive color but you got the 19 inch wheels.

The money factor and residuals have slightly changed between last month and now, but they definitely have some wiggle room there.

Maybe try to get them to come down another 5-10 per month, but that is probably close to the best you will do.

good luck and let me know what you decide to do!

I am absolutely loving this car and understand why so many people rate it so high on every site.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, dpix.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jayrider. Good question. It is my understanding that in the event of an accident that totals a vehicle gap insurance will cover the difference between what you owe on your lease and what your car is currently worth on the open market. If you owe more than your car is currently worth, gap pays the bank that you are leasing through off. I do not believe however that the bank then refunds any money that was paid at signing to the lessee. If that is indeed the case, that money would be lost.

Car_man
    Host
  • azroadsterazroadster Member Posts: 1
    I cannot confirm the mf or resid but the waiver of sec deposit on leases is true per audiusa.com website for these models:

2009 models: A8, S8 and TT models only
    2010 models: All except S5, S5 Cabriolet and R8 models

Sec dep waiver ends 1/5/2010.
  • charliemangocharliemango Member Posts: 6
    I'm based in Manhattan and leased a 2010 premium plus Q5 (with the full navigation package) from a New Jersey Dealership:

MSRP: $45,700
    Agreed Value: $43,773
    Amount due on signing: $4,647 (of which $2044 tax and $740 Audi care). $0 down
    Monthly payment: $640
    3 yr lease w/ 10,000 miles per year.

This is the first car I have owned (have always lived in big cities with public transport). Would be curious to know if I got a decent deal.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    hey, charliemango,
    I don't think it's such a good deal. The "due-at-signing" and the monthly payment seems too high for this lease, based on just 10K miles/y.
    You could buy it ind pay roughly the same!
    Hi disla -- looking at some other peoles posts on this site, I thought that I had done pretty well with this. Not sure what state you are based in but in NY sales tax has to be paid upfront -- $640 includes tax. I paid $0 down on the car.
    I am in NJ, leased mine from Bell Audi in Edison.
    You could see my deal in my earlier posts, but here it is: Premium Plus (no navi), MSRP $42650 or so, negotiated price was at ~39K.
    12,000 mi/y, 42 mo. $2500 down(incl. 1st payment), $475/mo, incl. taxes
    Sounds like you got a good deal - although I'm assumng the 475 should actually be 575 (based on your previous post).

I'm just trying to feel my way around this whole leasing thing, but if I were to get the same deal, wouldn't I have had to pay an additional 2,000 or so in taxes up front since I'm an NY resident, which would mean my "drive-off" fees would have been: $2,860 (based off your earlier post) + 2000 (approx. in taxes) = $4,860 upfront payment? Also, if you did not purchase aud care up front, adding another $700 or so to that would bring your upfront payment to $5,560.

Also, not sure how significantly this reduces monthly payment, but you took a 42 month lease to my 36, on a car with an MSRP about 3 grand less than my car - (you were able to negotiated approx 3 grand off whereas, I was only able to get 42 grand off).

Let me know if I'm totally off track here, but bascally seems that you got a better deal than I did, but mine doesn't appear to be too outlandish.
  • ashishgashishg Member Posts: 2
    Carman, what is current MF and residual on the Audi Q5 in the ongoing Season Of Audi event? Is the MF or the residual on the car negotiable? I am new to leasing a car, please help.
  • basad1basad1 Member Posts: 2
    Disla,

A little confused about your deal - did you really come away with lease payments of $475 including taxes? What was your base lease payment before taxes and do you know what the residual was?
    Oops, my bad :) My current payment is $575, not 475. I am not sure what the exact residual was, but somewhere around 50%. Base payment would be this amount - 7% NJ tax.
    Again, please not that it's for 42 mo lease with 12000 miles/year.
    After a ton of research, I just leased my Q5 Prem Plus from Princeton Audi. Sticker Price was $47,350 including Nav, 19" tires, B&O Stereo and paint. Including Audi Service and fees out of pocket, lease was around $710 for 36m 12k. But the point here is that there is NO ONE BETTER to do business with. They were such a pleasure to deal with it was amazing! I knwo this sounds like an ad, but they were tremendous to deal with. Had the car since Friday...absolutly LOVE IT!! And the sound it fantastic.
    Greetings ashishg. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 49%, respectively.

You never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you're interested in so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Q5, audilover18. Thanks for taking the time to share your deal with everyone. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can tell even more people about it by hopping over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Done, thanks
  • carl112carl112 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I have a quote for a 2010 Q5 premium plus lease for $539 + taxes. The details are:
    36 months & 10k miles
    Security Deposit $0 (waived during the Season of Audi Event)
    1st Month Payment $569
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $2,499
    Due at Signing $4,900 (Includes taxes, title and dealer fees)

I get 6% off the MSRP ($42,500) through the Audi Supplier Program. Do you think this is this a good deal?
    6% off is about the best you're going to do based on all of my research.
  • carl112carl112 Member Posts: 2
    Audilover, thanks for your reply. I am trying to plug in then lease figures to make sure that the quote is correct but I am not getting the same results. What should I use for the residual and money factor?
    Frankly, I don't know...we just came up with figures and that was the deal.
    It's better to put zero down on a lease. If you wreck the car, you will lose the $2500 down you put and your insurance won't cover it. There are other reasons, but that's the biggest.
  • poorboytoopoorboytoo Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know the lease money factor and residual values for the Audi Q5 Premium? Need 10,000, 12,000 and 15,000 mile values.
    These are from November... but only for 15K miles... I used this site to inform my negotiations when I leased my Q5 back in September/October.

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/11/2010-audi-q5-q7-lease-rates-november-- 2009/

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 56% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 49% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 42% | .00230 base money factor

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 54% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 47% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 40% | .00230 base money factor

2010 Audi Q5 3.2L Prestige
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 51% | .00105 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 44% | .00105 base money factor
    48-month | 15k miles | residual 37% | .00230 base money factor

Good luck!
  • poorboytoopoorboytoo Member Posts: 4
    Thanks mattstudney, This is great stuff. Just what I was looking for!
  • havebluehaveblue Member Posts: 7
    I just leased a Q5 from Marc Levine @ Bell Audi in NJ. Had a real nice experience. I highly recommend working with him no matter where you live. I leased from Marc 250 miles away because my local DC area dealers were almost completely unresponsive.

When I picked up the car, there were no surprises and it was out of there in an hour. They even picked me up at the Amtrak station.

I put $1500 down. My payment is $723/mo. 42mos @ 12k / yr. I might have been able to squeeze them down to $713 but relative to the other posts, $723 seemed reasonable.

The down payment didn't even cover VA taxes.

I got a White/Cinnamon 2010 Prem Plus / Nav / 19's / B&O sound / Audi Care / VA Taxes & Fees

Had to special order to get the color combination.

This car replaces a much loved '04 Cayenne S. The Q5 is a pretty comparable car before you consider the $20k price difference.

I read this forum for months before I pulled the trigger. Thank you all for your responses and insight.
  • jillianelysejillianelyse Member Posts: 3
    What do you know about the current money factor and residuals on 2010 Q5 Prestige with 15K miles (price $53,500) ?

I live in California and the rates they are quoting seem way off - to get to their lease rate the money factor would need to be close to .00370 with a residual of 38% (they said it was 41% but the math didn't work out). I can't see any lmf anywhere published above .00105.

Thanks for the help.
  • gobucks2010gobucks2010 Member Posts: 1
    Carman, would appreciate the Dec. residual and MF rates for the following on 2010 Q5 Prem Plus. Also heard its a 2% hit on residual for S-line, can you confirm? Thanks!

36months

42months
  • frufffruff Member Posts: 6
    I too, am in negotiations with a terrific salesperson from Bell Audi. I live an hour away with an Audi dealership less than 10 minutes from my home. Bell has a great reputation.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea about the fairness of this leasing deal.

Premium Q5 white
    36 mos
    12K miles
    $1811 down (bank fee, TTL, first month and a tire tax)
    AudiCare Maintenance
    $574 a month

I need to make a decision ASAP as my current lease expires 12/31
    Sounds like a really good deal. What's the list on the car.
    The list is $36,642.but it is a Premium trim level not Premium Plus.
  • hotwheels717hotwheels717 Member Posts: 5
    This sounds like a terrific deal, but is this inclusive of taxes?
    There is a huge difference in the Prem and the Prem plus. For about !00 per month more, you can get a loaded Prem Plus...think about the difference before you buy.
    The monthly payment includes all taxes.
    I have never really owned such a luxurious car as the Audi. Even the lowest trim level looks good to me.
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Hi. I'd have to agree with Audilover, as the premium + is sooo worth the money.

You get that enormous panoramic roof that you'll enjoy in the spring and summer, Not so much now in the dead of winter. The power liftgate and the awesome LED daytime running lights. They give the Audi that nice look with the huge grill. But I've come to enjoy the heated and memory seats, Homelink to open my garage, bluetooth to hands free use my cell, the SD card slot can play hundreds of songs and the folding mirrors are great.

My only regret is not getting the B&O system as people rave about its surround sound quality.

Having said all this, I realize that the Audi can get expensive, especially if you go to the Prestige edition which includes NAV and B&O. But do try to get the Premium Plus as it is worth the extra $$$$.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    I have the 09 A8L and wife, 10 Q5 (she has the Prestige)

She and I both agree that the Bose blows away her B&O.
    I just took delivery of my Black/Beige Q5 Premium Plus with 19" 5-spoke and B&O system. The computer in the Q5 is way better than my BMW coupe. It plays DVD movies and yes, you can hack it so that the movie screen doesn't black out when the car is moving. The SD card slots are great and being able to import music files off cd/dvd/sdcard and other ways if you get the usb cable etc... is just amazing. The voice recognition system actually works (don't forget to do the training) and the car drives like an Audi (duh). I don't know if it's an option or standard with the premium plus, but we have the backup camera with the graphical overlay and it's awesome to have that graphical overlay. My Lexus friends are jealous of how far ahead the styling and technology of the Audi. The B&O system is nice. It's not mind blowing but I've had some killer stereos in the past, so I have high expectations.

I do miss the steerable headlights, the convenience key, and the blind spot sensor when changing lanes would be nice. I would have taken a prestige to get those, but I could care less about the adaptive cruise control or Audi drive-select. The problem is that I pretty much had to take the first PP with Nav and 19" wheels that was allocated to my dealer because nobody would do a trade and there are very few Q5's on the ground in the Northeast that aren't already sold.

And yes, the panoramic roof makes the car. Everyone who sees that roof is blown away and it's my wife's favorite feature.

My best friend (living in California) already went to drive the Q5 for his wife based on my review to him.

Happy Holidays!
This discussion has been closed.