Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited May 2015 in Land Rover
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Epoque Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport page.

If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• tlabarberatlabarbera Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2014

Hi,

Do you know the residual and money factor for the Range Rover Sport Supercharged 36 months and 10K?

Thanks,

Tom

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@tlabarbera said:
    Hi,

Do you know the residual and money factor for the Range Rover Sport Supercharged 36 months and 10K?

Thanks,

Tom

.00280 MF and 50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60

CarMan - can you please share the latest MF and residual for a 2014 RRS HSE with 36-months - 12K and 15K miles.

Thank you

.00280 MF and 54% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Subtract 3% for the HSE LUX model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hipdinkhipdink Member Posts: 10

CarMan - @kyfdx@Edmunds Do you know if the money factor has change for March 2014. Also what is the % residual. I want a 36 month lease/ 12k miles a year. They quoted me 5k down $1395 month but numbers seem too high. Car is selling for MSRP $74,474(RRS HSE). Any feedback will help, thanks

@hipdink said:
    CarMan - kyfdx@Edmunds Do you know if the money factor has change for March 2014. Also what is the % residual. I want a 36 month lease/ 12k miles a year. They quoted me 5k down $1395 month but numbers seem too high. Car is selling for MSRP $74,474(RRS HSE). Any feedback will help, thanks

.00177 MF and 56% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Land Rover dealers can mark up the money factor by as much as .00100 for extra profit, so ask them the money factor. And, yes... At $1395/mo., you might as well buy the car. That is pretty high, even without the $5K upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tman123tman123 Member Posts: 3

kyfdx@Edmunds, do you have the latest residual/MF for the 2014 RRS HSE for a 36 month lease and 10k per year? Do you also have 48 months/10k per year? Thanks in advance!

@tman123 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds, do you have the latest residual/MF for the 2014 RRS HSE for a 36 month lease and 10k per year? Do you also have 48 months/10k per year? Thanks in advance!

.00177 MF and 57% residual.

.00186 MF and 47% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds
    Dealer here in Los Angeles, CA told me they have 2 banks they finance through Chase MF= .00380 and 53% residual
    US Bank MF= .00280 and 47% residual
    I don't know if it changes from state to state etc. but the number you provided are way off from what dealer is stating rates are at. Any input? Thanks

@hipdink said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds
    Dealer here in Los Angeles, CA told me they have 2 banks they finance through Chase MF= .00380 and 53% residual
    US Bank MF= .00280 and 47% residual
    I don't know if it changes from state to state etc. but the number you provided are way off from what dealer is stating rates are at. Any input? Thanks

The numbers I quote are from Chase dba Land Rover Financial.

These numbers are base rates... Dealers are permitted to mark them up by as much as .00100.

These are new rates for March... most of the February numbers were all .00280, so maybe the quotes are from last month (including that markup)? Or, they are living in the past? Also, the numbers really jump up for the Range Rover vs. the Range Rover Sport, so it matters which model you are looking at...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds
    Thank you, I am going to wait to see what April brings, and will check with you on rates again. You are a huge help, really appreciate it :)

• chrish4232chrish4232 Member Posts: 1

Not sure if it is different money factors and residuals for different parts of the country. Do you have the latest numbers for a 2014 RR Sport Supercharged 36 months and 12K a year in Texas?

@chrish4232 said:
    Not sure if it is different money factors and residuals for different parts of the country. Do you have the latest numbers for a 2014 RR Sport Supercharged 36 months and 12K a year in Texas?

.00211 MF and 53% residual. That is the national lease program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• trumaine03trumaine03 Member Posts: 8

What is the current Money factor and residual value for a 2014 RR Sport HSE V6 for a 42 month lease & 12K miles a year?

@trumaine03 said:
    What is the current Money factor and residual value for a 2014 RR Sport HSE V6 for a 42 month lease & 12K miles a year?

.00171 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mcorfmcorf Member Posts: 89

What is the money factor and residual for May for a 2014 RRS SE, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year? Thanks.

@mcorf said:
    What is the money factor and residual for May for a 2014 RRS SE, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year? Thanks.

.00168 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gusp99gusp99 Member Posts: 3

What is the money factor and residual for a 2014 RRS SC, 36 months / 7,500 mi/yr? How about 36 months / 10k mi/yr?

The one I'm looking at is MSRP $92k....

Thanks!!!!

@gusp99 said:
    What is the money factor and residual for a 2014 RRS SC, 36 months / 7,500 mi/yr? How about 36 months / 10k mi/yr?

The one I'm looking at is MSRP $92k....

Thanks!!!!

.00211 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. If RR has a 7.5K/yr program, the residual will be 1% higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you kyfdx.... it's a new month. Have the MF and residual changed?

2014 RRS SC
    36 mo / 7,500 mi/yr
    36 mo / 10k mi/yr

Also interested in the above mileage for 24 mo term, if possible.

This will make my negotiation with the dealer much easier.... Thanks!!!!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

@gusp99 said:
    Thank you kyfdx.... it's a new month. Have the MF and residual changed?

2014 RRS SC
    36 mo / 7,500 mi/yr
    36 mo / 10k mi/yr

Also interested in the above mileage for 24 mo term, if possible.

This will make my negotiation with the dealer much easier.... Thanks!!!!

May numbers expire today; we should get the June numbers in the next day or three. Check back later in the week to see what we've got.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@mcorf said:
    What is the money factor and residual for May for a 2014 RRS SE, 36 months,

12,000 miles a year? Thanks.

@kyfdx said:
    .00168 MF and 57% residual

How about the HSE? My salesman said the HSE had a lower residual. Is this true?

@mcorf said:

The HSE residuals are lower. This month, for 36mo, 12K/yr: .00167 MF and 54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2014
    @ kyfdx What are the SE's this month? Also, any idea why the more expensive model has a lower residual? Thanks.

@mcorf said:
    @ kyfdx What are the SE's this month? Also, any idea why the more expensive model has a lower residual? Thanks.

57% residual for 36/12 and .00167 MF.

Generally, higher trim levels have a lower residual as the technology and other options depreciate faster.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks. So it's better to get a loaded SE than the equivalent HSE for the 3%.

@mcorf said:
    Thanks. So it's better to get a loaded SE than the equivalent HSE for the 3%.

All things being equal, I would agree. 3% of $90,000 is $2700, which saves you $75/mo on a 36 month lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

And if you build them equally, the only thing the HSE has over the SE is the silver grille and the upgraded leather for around $3000 more.

@mcorf said:
    And if you build them equally, the only thing the HSE has over the SE is the silver grille and the upgraded leather for around $3000 more.

Seems like not a big difference for $3K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you @Michaell and @kyfdx‌

Do you have June MF/residuals yet? Looking for RRS SC:

1. 24 mo 10k mi
    2. 36 mo 10k mi

@kyfdx‌ -- you said before that if they have a 7.5k mi program, residual would be 1% higher. In this case, would MF remain the same?

@gusp99 said:
    Thank you Michaell and kyfdx‌

Do you have June MF/residuals yet? Looking for RRS SC:

1. 24 mo 10k mi
    2. 36 mo 10k mi

kyfdx‌ -- you said before that if they have a 7.5k mi program, residual would be 1% higher. In this case, would MF remain the same?

24/10 - 58% and .00300

36/10 - 53% and .00211

Yes, 7.5K residual would be 1% better than the 10K residual. MF is not affected by miles per year, only the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aramaniaramani Member Posts: 3

How much is the lease for Range Rover Sport HSE 2014 with $4000 down payment ? I still don't know which one to choose Bmw x6 or Range Rover Sport Hse. I had Range Rover Vogue 2005 in the past. Please anybody can help ?

@aramani said:
    How much is the lease for Range Rover Sport HSE 2014 with $4000 down payment ? I still don't know which one to choose Bmw x6 or Range Rover Sport Hse. I had Range Rover Vogue 2005 in the past. Please anybody can help ?

It's hard for us to give you a payment - can you provide the following information for us:

MSRP

Negotiated selling price

Lease term

Miles per year

In general, it is not a good idea to put money down on a lease; if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@michaell
    MSPR $72,000
    I don't know the negotiated price
    15 K miles per year .
    I just thinking to put down $4000 maybe in that case the monthly payment be lower . I just need your advice about it ? I am leasing for the first time. I always buy the cars , but know I want to try lease.

@aramani said:
    michaell
    MSPR $72,000
    I don't know the negotiated price
    15 K miles per year .
    I just thinking to put down $4000 maybe in that case the monthly payment be lower . I just need your advice about it ? I am leasing for the first time. I always buy the cars , but know I want to try lease.

its true that putting money down on a lease will result in a lower payment, but as i said above, it is not a good idea. $4000 will reduce your payment by $111 in a 36 month lease. are you trying to get to a specific payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell‌ No ,there is no specific payment. I went today to the deals and they told me that it will be $1600 if I go with Range Rover Hse ... But it's too expansive for that car . Now I'm looking for BMW X5 2014 35 i .

@aramani said:
    Michaell‌ No ,there is no specific payment. I went today to the deals and they told me that it will be $1600 if I go with Range Rover Hse ... But it's too expansive for that car . Now I'm looking for BMW X5 2014 35 i .

I would agree. $1600/mo for a car that stickers at $72K is a bit .... well .... outrageous.

Good luck with the continued shopping.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

That car with $4000 down should be around $1100 a month.

• mibnycmibnyc Member Posts: 6

Land rover in manhattan is asking for RRS 14 hse $7K DOWN and $1250 a month. I said GTFOH and only 1 year free maintenance ? The RRS 06 offered 4 years free maintenance when it came out. You can get the X5 leased with free maintenence

• toothpharaohtoothpharaoh Member Posts: 8

In search for July residuals/MF on a RRS HSE for 36mo/12K and 24mo/12K if someone has them

@toothpharaoh said:
    In search for July residuals/MF on a RRS HSE for 36mo/12K and 24mo/12K if someone has them

24/12 - 58% and .00390

36/12 - 52% and .00280

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andrewframptonandrewframpton Member Posts: 4

Hi, Im about to pick up my 2014 RRS HSE $75,525. When I ordered in Feb the dealer quoted the residual at 54% (it also stated a 2% residual bump(!?). Now that the car has arrived Im being told that while the interest rate has come down (money factor is .00174) the residual has come down to 50% resulting in a higher payment. does anyone know if this is true? Financing is with US bank Thanks!

@andrewframpton said:
    Hi, Im about to pick up my 2014 RRS HSE $75,525. When I ordered in Feb the dealer quoted the residual at 54% (it also stated a 2% residual bump(!?). Now that the car has arrived Im being told that while the interest rate has come down (money factor is .00174) the residual has come down to 50% resulting in a higher payment. does anyone know if this is true? Financing is with US bank Thanks!

We don't have any numbers for US Bank, so cannot confirm the numbers the dealer is quoting.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andrewframptonandrewframpton Member Posts: 4

Ok, so do you have the current residual for 36 months 12k miles per year from Chase then?

@andrewframpton said:

The numbers I have from LR for July show a .00280 MF for 36 months and a residual of 50% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• baller2011baller2011 Member Posts: 7

My lease is up for my rrs se. I wanted to see what money factor and residual for 2014 rrs se 36months/10k is for august

@baller2011 said:
    My lease is up for my rrs se. I wanted to see what money factor and residual for 2014 rrs se 36months/10k is for august

We don't have any numbers for the RRS, other than "standard rates". Don't know what that is, but it sounds high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I still get range rover sport se that has msrp of $65k with money factor of 0.00168 and residual of 58% for 36 months wit 10k miles

@baller2011 said:
    Can I still get range rover sport se that has msrp of $65k with money factor of 0.00168 and residual of 58% for 36 months wit 10k miles

Not quite sure I understand what you are asking for. As noted by my co-host, we don't have any hard data for the RRS, just a guess that the standard rates are not going to be good.

If you are asking for a payment using the information you've provided, we would need to know the selling price in order to help.

If the selling price is the same as the MSRP, I get a pre-tax payment of $930.87 for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Oh I see. Thought you knew what chase bank interest will be with residual for august 2014. So when I go into dealership I know what numbers are.

This discussion has been closed.