Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,051

@jcarm said:
    Is origination fee included in calculating RV? What about maintenance if it is included in sales price?

No.. the acquisition fee is not included in the MSRP for calculating residual. There is some anecdotal evidence of dealers adding the maintenance plan to the MSRP before calculating residual, but definitely not in every case.

Reminder: Residual percentage is applied to the MSRP, not the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vaiofanvaiofan Member Posts: 5

Is there a good lease calculator in excel format? I've seen various ones but they seem to give me differing results.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232

@vaiofan said:
    Is there a good lease calculator in excel format? I've seen various ones but they seem to give me differing results.

I built my own in Excel .. nothing more complicated in the formulas than 4th or 5th grade math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jasonvenice385jasonvenice385 Member Posts: 6

I was wondering if this is a good deal? The dealer said this included tag and title fees in florida. thank you

@jasonvenice385 said:
    I was wondering if this is a good deal? The dealer said this included tag and title fees in florida. thank you

If that is an E350 sedan, the price should be about $568/mo, plus tax.. So.. they seem about $50/mo. high.. Makes me wonder if they are marking up the money factor (.00136 base)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    If that is an E350 sedan, the price should be about $568/mo, plus tax.. So.. they seem about $50/mo. high.. Makes me wonder if they are marking up the money factor (.00136 base)

It is an E350 sedan. How do I go about getting the money factor when I negotiate? If I managed to negotiate this payment to $605 a month, would that be a good deal? Thanks

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972

agree....27 mo lease on that car with no money down should be about $555 plus tax. They are adding in over $1000 somewhere.

I assume (since i have no other info) that the $1297 includes the origination fee ($795 but usually marked up by the dealer to $1095). The documentation fee seems very high unless that's where the dealer has put their "administration fee" (otherwise known as pure profit). I can't explain the extra $50 a month....ask the dealer to explain it to you...and just ask the dealer for the money factor and residual value they are using.

@jasonvenice385 said:
    It is an E350 sedan. How do I go about getting the money factor when I negotiate? If I managed to negotiate this payment to $605 a month, would that be a good deal? Thanks

You have to ask them. And, insist on it, if not forthcoming. Yes, if you can knock another $50/mo. off, you have a decent deal.

On a general note, doc/dealer fees are really getting out of hand.. especially in Florida and Georgia...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The dealer stated the money factor was .00157 with 67% residual. They won't come down on the monthly payment. I think I might have to try with another dealer.

@jasonvenice385 said:
    The dealer stated the money factor was .00157 with 67% residual. They won't come down on the monthly payment. I think I might have to try with another dealer.

The ultimate option - vote with your feet!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Jason....That's ridiculous.....go to another dealer. BTW, even if they use .00157, that only accounts for $28 of the $50+ difference. It sounds like they have some other stuff hidden in there. If they aren't straightforward when you buy, imagine when you take the car in for service.

edited August 2014

thank you to all the people that help me. I managed to get the number to $599 a month with no down payment. I will pick up the car the Friday. I was wondering they offered the maintenance plan for $15 dollar a month. Is this worth it? thank you

• maxman8maxman8 Member Posts: 11

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I'm interested in a E 350 4 Matic (MSRP: $59,175) lease for 27 months, 12k miles/year.

What are the chances of leasing it for $520 a month or less, with 3,500 down. I'm in New York, and tax is 8.625%.

Thanks.

@jasonvenice385 said:
    thank you to all the people that help me. I managed to get the number to $599 a month with no down payment. I will pick up the car the Friday. I was wondering they offered the maintenance plan for $15 dollar a month. Is this worth it? thank you

$180/yr to cover scheduled maintenance on a Mercedes? I'd grab it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@maxman8 said:
    Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I'm interested in a E 350 4 Matic (MSRP: $59,175) lease for 27 months, 12k miles/year.

What are the chances of leasing it for $520 a month or less, with 3,500 down. I'm in New York, and tax is 8.625%.

Thanks.

Anecdotal evidence says around $600/mo. with only 1st payment due at signing, so that should put you right in the ballpark.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Anecdotal evidence says around $600/mo. with only 1st payment due at signing, so that should put you right in the ballpark.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

• tpoptpop Member Posts: 3

Looking at a 27 month lease on a 2014 E350. MSRP $62230, negotiated price $53228. $5500 down will include first payment with 26 months at $599. Is this a good deal, would be my first lease. Thanks

@tpop said:
    Looking at a 27 month lease on a 2014 E350. MSRP $62230, negotiated price $53228. $5500 down will include first payment with 26 months at $599. Is this a good deal, would be my first lease. Thanks

Sounds like a terrible lease.....the cost should be around $600 a month for a 12K/yr lease with no money down up front...just the first payment. What state are you in....a few charge tax on the full car, even though you are leasing, and that raises the lease price.

I'm in Texas where they charge tax on the full price of the car. Does this make it any better? I believe that the factor is .00150?

Could it be that I'm paying the TTL with the $5500?

the money factor should be .00136 or .00126 if you use autopay (they take the money directly from your bank). What's the tax in Texas? Your first payment would normally be about $800 so unless you have a 10% sales tax, that $5500 up front and you're paying all the tax up front, it still looks very high. BTW...as you are negotiating, tell them to include Mercedes basic maintanance in the lease. Ask them specifically what money factor and residual they are using. Then ask them to list every other fee they are adding. Loan origination fee should be $795 but most dealers mark this up (profit) to $1095.

edited August 2014
    For an E 350 (MSRP $60,225) I got them down to $550 per month for 27 months, with $3,600 down. They are also paying the last month on my current lease ($417).

I would really like to get to $515 a month. Does anyone think this is possible?
  • torquertorquer Member Posts: 17

I just got a quote in No. California for E350, MSRP $63210, Selling/Cap Price $51,711, with $1,500 down: $499/mo + tax for 27 mos, 12K/yr. This was using a .00136 MF, so I know it can go down a bit with autopay. Bottom line, NorCal dealers are doing $11.5K off on E350 sedans this weekend. Also, MB has a deal to cover up to 4 lease payments, so don't feel that they are "giving" you anything by taking care of your last payment.

• torquertorquer Member Posts: 17

However, Maxman, getting to a deal like this is area dependent - CA is extremely competitive, and dealers do things they wouldn't do in other parts of the country. More Benz' sold here than anywhere else.

@torquer said:
    However, Maxman, getting to a deal like this is area dependent - CA is extremely competitive, and dealers do things they wouldn't do in other parts of the country. More Benz' sold here than anywhere else.

Thanks so much for all that info. That is extremely competitive, and I'm sure it is area dependent. That said, I'm definitely going to do my best to get as close as possible to $500 a month.

Just make sure you don't put any money down and that the lease includes maintenance.

@ghstudio said:
    Just make sure you don't put any money down and that the lease includes maintenance.

Thanks. I need to check about maintenance.

Right now, in total I would be paying $18,450 for the lease. Do you think I'd be able to cut $1,300 off of that? I know dealers' bottom line differs from region to region, but I'm just hoping to get a ballpark about how far I can push it.

• dayalanycdayalanyc Member Posts: 3

I'm looking to lease either a 2014 E-Class Sedan (AWD) or Coupe (AWD). MSRP of approximately $64K and 15,000 miles per year for 24 or 27 months. Approximately what should I be looking at for lease payments per month? I'm getting quoted at $679 for a 24 month lease with $4,000 down. Seems really high.

• dayalanycdayalanyc Member Posts: 3

I'm looking to lease either a 2014 E-Class Sedan (AWD) or Coupe (AWD). MSRP of approximately $64K and 15,000 miles per year for 24 or 27 months. Approximately what should I be looking at for lease payments per month? I'm getting quoted at $679 for a 24 month lease with $4,000 down. Seems really high.

@dayalanyc said:

What's the selling price?

We don't recommend making a down payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jwb3rxjwb3rx Member Posts: 58

With some of these crazy deals in California, has anyone leased a vehicle from Cali but live in another state? Possible shipping the vehicle to you adds a cost but with almost 20% off MSRP is alot more than I've been able to get here in NJ. Thanks!

• byu16888byu16888 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2014

I am helping my parents lease a vehicle in Nevada and my parents recently sent me the price quote. I think it is way too high based on what I am reading, but it does include a lot of features. Wanted to hear your thoughts. Excuse my amateurism, as this is my first time leasing a vehicle for my parents and I am unfamiliar with Mercedes E class. Any information is much appreciated =]

2014 E350 Sedan
    P01 Premium 1 Package: Command System, Parking Assist Package (Parktronic), Lane Tracking Package, Sliding Panorama Sunroof, Lighting Package
    Price: MSRP ~65K, Sale Price ~60K at a monthly payment of ~880 for 36 months/10K per month, no down.
    Other Info: Residual Value ~37K

From the looks of it, my parents should negotiate a lower sale price and I should perhaps ask if they are using base MF. That, and asking for an acquistion fee of 795 rather than the 1095 currently being charged. What do you think?

edited September 2014

@byu16888 said:
    I am helping my parents lease a vehicle in Nevada and my parents recently sent me the price quote. I think it is way too high based on what I am reading, but it does include a lot of features. Wanted to hear your thoughts. Excuse my amateurism, as this is my first time leasing a vehicle for my parents and I am unfamiliar with Mercedes E class. Any information is much appreciated =]

2014 E350 Sedan
    P01 Premium 1 Package: Command System, Parking Assist Package (Parktronic), Lane Tracking Package, Sliding Panorama Sunroof, Lighting Package
    Price: MSRP ~65K, Sale Price ~60K at a monthly payment of ~880 for 36 months/10K per month, no down.

From the looks of it, my parents should negotiate a lower sale price and I should perhaps ask if they are using base MF. That, and asking for an acquistion fee of 795 rather than the 1095 currently being charged. What do you think?

.00136 MF and 57% residual. Yes to a lower selling price and yes to the base MF and acq.fee... The biggest problem is with the unit they picked ($65K!) and the small discount.

Also, the 27 month term is being incentivized this month.. .00136 MF and 68% residual, plus $2350 in MBDeal cash on that term. (not sure if that cash is available on the 36 month lease, but it might be). Just going with the 27 month term would knock about $40/mo. off the lease payment.

With a 27 month term and some better pricing/negotiating, I think you could whittle that $880/mo. down to $700-$750/mo, pretty easily (maybe lower, but helping your parents, long distance is not that easy).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hillestadkhillestadk Member Posts: 84
    I was trying to find the residual and mf on an e350 in south Florida for a 27 or 36 month lease at 15k miles per year. Also if there are any current incentives available that anybody knows of that would be great. Thanks in advance.

@hillestadk said:
    I was trying to find the residual and mf on an e350 in south Florida for a 27 or 36 month lease at 15k miles per year. Also if there are any current incentives available that anybody knows of that would be great. Thanks in advance.

.00136 MF and 65%/54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aforbes400aforbes400 Member Posts: 18

New to leasing. Here's where I'm at...

2014 MB E350 Sport with a sticker of $58k and change and a sale price of $47k and change. 27 month lease with 10k miles/yr. for $469/mo (tax included) with $2k out the door.

How am I doing?

Thanks!

@byu16888 said:

2014 E350 Sedan

Should be under $700 per month on a 27 mo lease and that includes both tax and maintenance...with no money down up front. Let the dealer figure out how to do it.

@aforbes400 said:
    New to leasing. Here's where I'm at...

2014 MB E350 Sport with a sticker of $58k and change and a sale price of $47k and change. 27 month lease with 10k miles/yr. for $469/mo (tax included) with $2k out the door.

How am I doing?

Thanks!

With your MSRP and selling price, along with the base MF of .00136 and 27/10 residual of 68%, I get a pre-tax payment of $397.56. This is with $0 down - does any of your $2K out of pocket go to cap cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• abcut973abcut973 Member Posts: 7

Do we have the numbers for '15 E63S sedan or wagon ?
    What are the september numbers (MF, res) for a 36months /10k miles on a '14 MY?

Thanks

@abcut973 said:
    Do we have the numbers for '15 E63S sedan or wagon ?
    What are the september numbers (MF, res) for a 36months /10k miles on a '14 MY?

Thanks

No E-Class numbers are out yet, for the 2015 models.

2014: Standard money factor and 56%/62% residual for the Sedan/Wagon, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cad4mecad4me Member Posts: 21

2014 MB E350 4MATIC SPORT 4MATIC, MSRP of $63k, 7500 miles a year for 27 months, with selling price of $49k. Prepaid maintenance included, 3 years at $1,125, which gets prorated for residual. Not sure whether I need 3 years but I was told, monthly payment difference would have been only a few dollars. Is that true? I tend to go month-to-month upon lease maturity until I find a deal I like, which then makes sense to have 3 year prepaid maintenance.
    I live in NJ, monthly payment including tax is $424.69. Zero cap cost with $2.1k out of pocket including $1,095 acquisition fee, which is clearly marked up. Can a dealer mark up acquisition fee by $300?
    Can you tell me whether the monthly payment stacks up with your calculation?
    Please note that if build this car at MB website now, it rings up at $64k although vehicle I am about to lease has $63k MSRP.
    Thanks

@cad4me said:
    2014 MB E350 4MATIC SPORT 4MATIC, MSRP of $63k, 7500 miles a year for 27 months, with selling price of $49k. Prepaid maintenance included, 3 years at $1,125, which gets prorated for residual. Not sure whether I need 3 years but I was told, monthly payment difference would have been only a few dollars. Is that true? I tend to go month-to-month upon lease maturity until I find a deal I like, which then makes sense to have 3 year prepaid maintenance.
    I live in NJ, monthly payment including tax is $424.69. Zero cap cost with $2.1k out of pocket including $1,095 acquisition fee, which is clearly marked up. Can a dealer mark up acquisition fee by $300?
    Please note that if build this car at MB website now, it rings up at $64k although vehicle I am about to lease has $63k MSRP.
    Thanks

$63K MSRP, $49K selling price, .00130 MF and 69% residual for 27mo, 7.5K/yr, I get $325/mo.+ tax.. From the numbers, I'd guess that the $1125 maintenance plan is on top of the $49K price, not included.

Yes.. the dealer is permitted to mark up the $795 acq.fee to a maximum of $1095.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jwb3rxjwb3rx Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2014

cad4me, could you let me know which dealer/salesman you are working with for your E350? I live in NJ as well and need a better dealer. Thanks!

@cad4me said:
    Thanks

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50
    Might someone have the MF and residuals for the E350S (Statuon Wagon) for this month. MB often excludes the Wagon from incentives.
    Thank you
  • cad4mecad4me Member Posts: 21

@kyfdx said:
    $63K MSRP, $49K selling price, .00130 MF and 69% residual for 27mo, 7.5K/yr, I get >$325/mo.+ tax.. From the numbers, I'd guess that the $1125 maintenance plan is on top of the >$49K price, not included.
    Yes.. the dealer is permitted to mark up the $795 acq.fee to a maximum of $1095.

When I ran the numbers using Excel and also the template you have on Edmunds, I get a pre-tax payment of $305 and $319 respectively. That's without using auto-pay, which should reduce money factor by 0.0001 or about $10 a month if not mistaken. But, he asked me to auto-pay.

Does the money factor and/or residual change if it was a previous loaner car by the dealer with about 9300 miles on it? Trying to see why such monthly payment variance.

I made a deposit and am about to sign in a couple of days to take delivery.

@neorose said:
    Might someone have the MF and residuals for the E350S (Statuon Wagon) for this month. MB often excludes the Wagon from incentives.
    Thank you

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Term of 24, 27 or 36 months and 15k miles. I'm very flexible with term should there be a "sweet spot".

@neorose said:

Term of 24, 27 or 36 months and 15k miles. I'm very flexible with term should there be a "sweet spot".

You are correct - the standard MF (.00195 to .00225) is in play for the wagon this month.

Residuals:

24/15 - 64%

36/15 - 59%

No 27 month program available on the wagon, either.

Looks like 36 months is the sweet spot this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you, Michaell.
    cad4me said:

@kyfdx said:
    $63K MSRP, $49K selling price, .00130 MF and 69% residual for 27mo, 7.5K/yr, I get >$325/mo.+ tax.. From the numbers, I'd guess that the $1125 maintenance plan is on top of the >$49K price, not included.

When I ran the numbers using Excel and also the template you have on Edmunds, I get a pre-tax payment of $305 and $319 respectively. That's without using auto-pay, which should reduce money factor by 0.0001 or about $10 a month if not mistaken. But, he asked me to auto-pay.

Does the money factor and/or residual change if it was a previous loaner car by the dealer with about 9300 miles on it? Trying to see why such monthly payment variance.

I made a deposit and am about to sign in a couple of days to take delivery.

Yes.. the residual would have to be adjusted lower to account for the mileage. Somewhere between $0.15 - $0.30 per mile, deducted from the residual of a new unit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.