Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited August 2015 in Toyota
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2014 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience.

If you have recently purchased a 2015 Toyota Highlander, please share your experience here.

See Also
2015 Toyota Highlander Pricing, Reviews, Features, and Specifications
Toyota Highlander Discussions

Comments

• danznjdanznj Member Posts: 2

Does anyone know what options will change with 2015 highlander ? Tkay2 - do you have any information now ? August 6 is soon, so if takay2 is correct, then everyone will know the pricing.

• tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51

They will not have numbers until (Dealers etc.) My Guy says call him Aug. 5th after 1pm. Production will start Aug. 6th....He told me the vehicle I want is scheduled to be built Aug ( 2015 AWD XLE (Black with Ecru into) Dealer cannot quote me a price till the Aug 5th. ( I have the printout of the vehicle but blank MSRP.

• andyman1970andyman1970 Member Posts: 47

Request to the Mods - 2015s are on the dealer lots. Can we please have a 2015 Highlander Prices Paid thread? I'm already starting to negotiate.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@andyman1970, good suggestion, thanks. Hope you find this okay. :)

Thanks stever - all found now

• dsoy1998dsoy1998 Member Posts: 8

On 26 july 2014, I ordered a new 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in Blizzard Pearl over Ash interior. OTD price is $36,395 (T,T,L Not included). Options include Remote Start, 2nd Row Captain's Chairs, Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Protector, Carpet & All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner AND of course that extra cost for Special Paint! Cannot Wait!

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    edited August 2014

dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

Anyone know the average time it takes for the vehicle to arrive in the USA after it is built ?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@tkay2 said:
    Anyone know the average time it takes for the vehicle to arrive in the USA after it is built ?

6-8 weeks?

Really, just an educated guess on my part. Is your car coming from Japan? I thought the Highlanders were all built in the USA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Your right Ind. I think 10 days or less when built.

• firedustfiredust Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Went out today in Atlanta to buy a Highlander Limited. Settled on one with the floor mats and driver tech package only for $40,466. Car includes toyoguard that I couldn't get them to remove. This beat the Costco price without Toyoguard of $40,600. Out the door price is just under $44k. They claim availability is low and we will need to wait up to 30 days.
    edited September 2014
    I often wonder what kind of quotes you folks in Georgia would get up in Chattanooga or even Nashville, if you were willing to drive that far. Chattanooga is still kind of a small town but they aren't in that Southeast Toyota region and may be a bit cheaper. I have family in Chattanooga and had some work done on my Tercel at the dealer there, but that (obviously I guess) was a long time ago - 1984ish. Most stuff does seem a bit expensive when I visit there a couple of times a year so maybe their car prices aren't very good either.
  • sleeplessinseasleeplessinsea Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2015 XLE yesterday with Cream Brulee exterior and Black interior for 38,200. Supposed to be my wife's last car .... I hope, :).
    Congrats!
  • d1wmd1wm Member Posts: 1
    I hope you guys have a better experience than me. I purchased a brand new 2015 XLE Highlander (Blizzard Perl). It had 4miles on it when I picked it up from the dealership on the 16th of August. One week later when pulling into the driveway with the windows opened, I noticed the engine had a loud clicking/ticking sound. I scheduled an appointment with the dealership and dropped it off on the 27th of August where it still sits today (22 September).

Needless to day, the engine has been completely dissembled down to the bare pistons, valves, etc. It was reassembled and its still making a very loud clicking noise. The dealership is now ordering a brand new V6 engine from the factory to replace it.

I've asked for a buy-back or complete replacement from Toyota corporate, but they have not budged yet and said they are not legally obligated to buy the defective/faulty vehicle from me. I have now requested arbitration in an effort to get a new non-defective 2015 highlander. It only had 300 miles!!!!

I understand a defective vehicle can roll of the factory line once in awhile, but what I can't understand is the resistance from Toyota corporate to buy the vehicle back from me. Very strange -- considering I've been a loyal Toyota consumer for a number of years now.

Very frustrated -- hope you guys have a better experience. And definitely take the vehicle for a complete test drive before signing the papers and driving it off the lot. You don't want to be in the same situation as myself.

Best of luck - Derek

Just bought a 2015 XLE yesterday with Cream Brulee exterior and Black interior for 38,200. Supposed to be my wife's last car .... I hope, :).

Can you share itemization on this price?
    lok888 said:

dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

lok888, sorry I missed your response for so long. For the XLE it did have the after market remote start, all weather mats, and no cargo tray. I actually moved on from the XLE to the Limited AWD which pushed my delivery of the new vehicle to 8 October. I ordered it on 3 September. The Limited cost me $39,500 w/o tax and has the following options/accessories:

2015 Highlander Limited AWD

Red Exterior over Black Interior

Remote Start (After Market)

Running Boards

Body Side Molding

Rear Bumper Protector

All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner

Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

Door Edge Guards

Cargo Net
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    dsoy1998 said:

lok888 said:

lok888, sorry I missed your response for so long. For the XLE it did have the after market remote start, all weather mats, and no cargo tray. I actually moved on from the XLE to the Limited AWD which pushed my delivery of the new vehicle to 8 October. I ordered it on 3 September. The Limited cost me $39,500 w/o tax and has the following options/accessories:

Running Boards

Body Side Molding

Rear Bumper Protector

Door Edge Guards

Cargo Net
    dsoy,

What was your MSRP, I am looking for something similar. Also did you had to negotiate a lot?
    funguy123 said:

dsoy1998 said:

dsoy,

What was your MSRP, I am looking for something similar. Also did you had to negotiate a lot?

Funguy, the MSRP is $44,220. I called the dealers in the KC area and received quotes from them, The dealer closet to me was the most aggressive and wouldn't let another dealer beat them.
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    dsoy1998 said:

funguy123 said:

dsoy1998 said:

dsoy,

Funguy, the MSRP is $44,220. I called the dealers in the KC area and received quotes from them, The dealer closet to me was the most aggressive and wouldn't let another dealer beat them.
    That is 10.67% lower than MSRP. Great job. That should be new standard. I going shoot for that, let's see how it goes.
    edited October 2014
    dsoy1998 said:

lok888 said:

Running Boards

Body Side Molding

Rear Bumper Protector

Door Edge Guards

Cargo Net
    This is a Limited Platinum, right? So it is $39.5K with these accessories, isn't it? If yes, it would be $1K less (or more) without the accessories.
    This is a Limited Platinum, right? So it is $39.5K with these accessories, isn't it? If yes, it would be $1K less (or more) without the accessories.

Vehicle is not a Platinum. Although I would of bought one as the price would of been about the same, but she didn't care about the panoramic roof, tech pkg etc... but did want the add on's instead. And we wanted to stay under or close to $40K as possible.
    dsoy1998 said:

Vehicle is not a Platinum. Although I would of bought one as the price would of been about the same, but my wife didn't care about the panoramic roof, tech pkg etc... but did want the add on's instead. And we wanted to stay under or close to $40K as possible.

• mq005mq005 Member Posts: 3
    Paid $36,950 + taxes for 2015 Highlander XLE from Freehold, NJ dealer. No add-ons. Ordered at end of September. Will take delivery of end of Oct 2014. This is the lowest price I found off the internet. Am thinking of a remote starter, mud guards and rear bumper protector but dealer has not responded to a single call in 2 weeks!
    Is this a good deal?
  • vtbrianvtbrian Member Posts: 7
    mq005 - AWD or FWD? For what it's worth I was able to snag an AWD XLE (no add ons) for 35700 (+dealer fee, taxes, etc) in northern virginia. truecar/bank buying service was very useful in getting this price.
    vtbrian - my quote of $36,950 + taxes is for 2015 Highlander AWD XLE (standard colors, no additional accessories)
    Has anyone heard of an ongoing shortage of Highlanders? I ordered mine in Sep. The initial delivery estimate was mid-Oct but it was revised last week to end of Oct. Yesterday, that one was revised to mid-December. Is this a normal thing? I am purchasing a 2015 Highlander AWD XLE (no additional accessories or customized features or non-standard colors).
    mq005 said:

Has anyone heard of an ongoing shortage of Highlanders? I ordered mine in Sep. The initial delivery estimate was mid-Oct but it was revised last week to end of Oct. Yesterday, that one was revised to mid-December. Is this a normal thing? I am purchasing a 2015 Highlander AWD XLE (no additional accessories or customized features or non-standard colors).

I was wondering what information did the dealer inform you on the delivery date. How do they know it is for mid October then the end of October? Do they have a VIN yet?
  • jerryb10jerryb10 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2015 limited with the tech package. Are there any options that you would recommend? And what would you consider fair additional costs for OTD?
  • jerryb10jerryb10 Member Posts: 2
    Firedust, thanks for you input. I really didn't think any of the options were necessary. I am in the panhandle of Florida.
    I am shopping for a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in the Boston area. So far, the lowest quote is $35,123. Is it a good deal?

Here is the breakdown. It comes with cargo cover, carpeted floor mats & cargo liner, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. I also like to add the crossbars for extra or included with the price.

MSRP: $39,143
    Invoice: $39,179
    Sale price: $35,123

That is $1,056 below invoice or $4,020 off sticker.

Questions: Does the XLE (or other trims) come with carpeted floor mats? The website said this is a $130 accessory. Also, how good is it to get the 2nd row captian's chairs ($275)?
  • frank33vfrank33v Member Posts: 1
    lok888 said:

Your invoice number is higher than MSRP ??

It looks to me like you got a great deal based upon the discount from MSRP though. Where was this?

I also just bought a 2015 XLE MSRP $38,890 tonight. I don't know invoice but I only got 8% off MSRP ($3,111) for a sale price of $35,781. Based upon the shopping I did, I was happy with this price. I also got a great deal (I think) on my trade.

I emailed with Bernardi in Framingham to ask if they would match the discount from MSRP as they had my first color choice and they said no way...with so little inventory around they wouldn't discount that much and told me no other dealer would.

Very happy so far with my decision/choice.

I just skimmed over that reading the invoice as $36,xxx. You can look up the invoice on your new Highlander @frank33v by going to the Make|Model|Year tabs up top and doing a Build Your Own to get the style and options on yours.

Congrats!
    My mistake.... the invoice price is $36,179
    frank33v said:

lok888 said:

Your invoice number is higher than MSRP ??

It looks to me like you got a great deal based upon the discount from MSRP though. Where was this?

I also just bought a 2015 XLE MSRP $38,890 tonight. I don't know invoice but I only got 8% off MSRP ($3,111) for a sale price of $35,781. Based upon the shopping I did, I was happy with this price. I also got a great deal (I think) on my trade.

I emailed with Bernardi in Framingham to ask if they would match the discount from MSRP as they had my first color choice and they said no way...with so little inventory around they wouldn't discount that much and told me no other dealer would.

Very happy so far with my decision/choice.

frank33v - Your price is reasonable good. Where did you get yours? I contacted 2 dealers (Boch Toytota South and Prime Toyota) and their prices are in high $35Ks. My next stop is Toyota of Braintree which is just a few miles from me. It looks like MA has a better deal on Highlander.
  • forkcarsforkcars Member Posts: 10
    Congratulations!
    Does the sale price $35,123 include the tax & fee?
    I know that our tax & fee is different since we live in different place.
    Just curious. What's your Out The Door price?

Thanks.

lok888 said:

I am shopping for a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in the Boston area. So far, the lowest quote is $35,123. Is it a good deal?

Here is the breakdown. It comes with cargo cover, carpeted floor mats & cargo liner, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. I also like to add the crossbars for extra or included with the price.

Questions: Does the XLE (or other trims) come with carpeted floor mats? The website said this is a $130 accessory. Also, how good is it to get the 2nd row captian's chairs ($275)?

forkcars said:

Congratulations!
    Does the sale price $35,123 include the tax & fee?
    I know that our tax & fee is different since we live in different place.
    Just curious. What's your Out The Door price?

Thanks.

lok888 said:

The buy price of $35,123 includes the destination charge. It doesn't include the sale tax, DMV fees and dealer's fee ($350).
    I see.
    thanks.

lok888 said:

The buy price of $35,123 includes the destination charge. It doesn't include the sale tax, DMV fees and dealer's fee ($350).

I am going to the dealer for a test drive tomorrow. Several dealers' offered me the low $35K for the 2015 Highlander XLE (includes the destination charge plus dealer's fee, tax and DMV fee). What well is it if I can get it under $35K? It is like over $4000 off MSRP.
    I like the fact that you are under invoice. Throwing in the doc fee is an added bonus.
    Did you check truecar.com price?
    You can configure your car on truecar.com, then they show a price(sale price).
    If your OTD price is lower than truecar's sale price, then you get a good deal.
    please let us know what's your truecar price.

Some friends told me the
    lok888 said:

I am going to the dealer for a test drive tomorrow. Several dealers' offered me the low $35K for the 2015 Highlander XLE (includes the destination charge plus dealer's fee, tax and DMV fee). What well is it if I can get it under $35K? It is like over $4000 off MSRP.

I just ordered a silver (with black interior) 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34,500 (includes destination charge plus dealer's fee sale tax and DMV fee) over the weekend. The to-be-build date is 12/3/14 and it will probably arrive at the end of December or early January.

The only XLE AWD that the dealer has (in stock) is white along with the several Limited models (also in white, black and creme). They have a shoreline blue coming (or to be built) but it's still a few weeks away.

So far, I am happy with the pre-order experience. I test drove the XLE AWD and it is a prefect car for me. The only thing I would like to have is the hood struts, maybe I like to work on engine or regular maintenance. Let's see if Toyota has any upcoming promotion when it delivers.
    Congratulations!!!!
    What's your zip code?
    I want to take a look at the numbers on truecar.com

lok888 said:

I just ordered a silver (with black interior) 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34,500 (includes destination charge plus dealer's fee sale tax and DMV fee) over the weekend. The to-be-build date is 12/3/14 and it will probably arrive at the end of December or early January.

The only XLE AWD that the dealer has (in stock) is white along with the several Limited models (also in white, black and creme). They have a shoreline blue coming (or to be built) but it's still a few weeks away.

So far, I am happy with the pre-order experience. I test drove the XLE AWD and it is a prefect car for me. The only thing I would like to have is the hood struts, maybe I like to work on engine or regular maintenance. Let's see if Toyota has any upcoming promotion when it delivers.

I am in 02169. Like I mentioned before, most dealers can sell me this for low $35K. There is one (Expressway Toyota) quoted $34,488. And I added the all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34500 and they said yes.
    wow.
    I am sorry that I am an idiot.
    I want to double check it: It's OTD price? your OTD price is lower than truecar's estimated price(before tax).

Thank you!
    Dealership is the worst business model in USA.

lok888 said:

I am in 02169. Like I mentioned before, most dealers can sell me this for low $35K. There is one (Expressway Toyota) quoted $34,488. And I added the all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34500 and they said yes.

This is just for the car price.... $34,500 includes destination charge, carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner. Extra costs are the dealer's fee ($369), 5% MA sale tax and $130 transfer plate fee. The dealer's first quote was $35,600 includes dest. charge & carpeted floor mats. I guess I had more luck on negotiating more on a pre-order model.
    Thanks!
    Your price still looks very good!
    Your OTD is about $36700. your zip truecar estimated is $35400(before tax&fee).
    Your zip truecar average is $36600(before tax&fee).
    So, good deal, man!

So, everyone else!
    Please set your ceiling OTD to truecar average paid number! Not even one more cent to that number!!!!!!!!

Dealership business model is the worst business model in USA.
    The auto makers are not allow to sell cars directly to consumers!!!! This is NO sense!!!!!

Damn...... I want to buy a car from costco supermarket, not from dealers!!!!!!!!

lok888 said:

This is just for the car price.... $34,500 includes destination charge, carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner. Extra costs are the dealer's fee ($369), 5% MA sale tax and $130 transfer plate fee. The dealer's first quote was $35,600 includes dest. charge & carpeted floor mats. I guess I had more luck on negotiating more on a pre-order model.

2015 XLE AWD W/rear bumper cover & cargo cover OTD 37250.00 inc 6% sales tax doc title lic.
    I have started negotiating for a 2015 Limited AWD. My recent experiences are that dealers are eager but not overly willing to budge on pricing, with strong reluctance to offer starting amounts under their invoice price.