Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sethnasethna Member Posts: 2
    Negotiating for my parents and I'm a bit new to the process.

I live in California and am looking at an E350 with the P1 package. MSRP on the car is $56,651.

For a 36 month lease I was quoted $49,231 (including all fees except taxes), MF of .00171, RV is 68% ($38,552), 10,000 miles/year. No money down.

Is MF and/or RV too high? Credit is very good.

Any help is appreciated.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Lease for 27 months not 36. Get led headlights..they really make a significant difference. Use autopay and get maintenance built into the lease. The MF looks too high. In California you should be able to get $10k off the car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    sethna said:

Negotiating for my parents and I'm a bit new to the process.

I live in California and am looking at an E350 with the P1 package. MSRP on the car is $56,651.

For a 36 month lease I was quoted $49,231 (including all fees except taxes), MF of .00171, RV is 68% ($38,552), 10,000 miles/year. No money down.

Is MF and/or RV too high? Credit is very good.

Any help is appreciated.

Base MF is .00136 and that residual that was quoted is for 27mo, 10K/yr, not 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• alanek1alanek1 Member Posts: 33
    Can you help? Is this a good deal? At this point this is all the info I have.

2014 E350 4Matic
    MSRP 66,040.00
    Residual 45,717.60
    Terms 27 mos
    Milage 7,500
    Payment 657.43 including NJ tax

Only first month, 795 Acquisition fee, misc fees 238.26,Fees & Insurance 259.00, total 1949.69 up front.

Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,924
    alanek1 said:

2014 E350 4Matic
    MSRP 66,040.00
    Residual 45,717.60
    Terms 27 mos
    Milage 7,500

Only first month, 795 Acquisition fee, misc fees 238.26,Fees & Insurance 259.00, total 1949.69 up front.

Thanks

We would need to know the selling price in order to fully evaluate this deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

alanek1 said:

2014 E350 4Matic
    MSRP 66,040.00
    Residual 45,717.60
    Terms 27 mos
    Milage 7,500

Thanks

$57,6910. I actually need 10,000 to 12,000 miles. How should this effect the numbers?

Thanks
    alanek1 said:

Michaell said:

alanek1 said:

2014 E350 4Matic
    MSRP 66,040.00
    Residual 45,717.60
    Terms 27 mos
    Milage 7,500

Thanks

$57,6910. I actually need 10,000 to 12,000 miles. How should this effect the numbers?

Thanks
    MF is .00130 and 27/10 residual is 68%.

With your MSRP and Selling Price (does that include the NJ taxes?), I get a payment of $606.85/mo for 27 months. Subtract 1% for 12k per year - payment rises to $630.45/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

The sales tax is in the payment not the MSRP or Selling Price. Is the Selling price a good deal or have people been getting a better one?
    alanek1 said:

The sales tax is in the payment not the MSRP or Selling Price. Is the Selling price a good deal or have people been getting a better one?

I've never been in the market for $60K German luxury sedans, so I'm probably not the right person to advise you on your selling price.

You may check the "E-class Prices Paid" discussion, though I don't know how much current information exists.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dontbuyakiadontbuyakia Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    This was a recent offer I received to lease a '14 e350 4matic. MSRP 62,200. Buy for 55,900. Residual 41,674. 27mos/ 12k/year. 1 time payment of 18,109 includes everything. New to leasing but my gut says this might be a little high.
    Thanks.
    My gut tells me that you shouldn't pay for entire lease up front...interest rates are low and you take a risk if the car is stolen or totaled. See what a lease would cost that includes maintenance with no money down up front, just first month's lease payment and any resgistration fees. Add up the monthly payments and see what the difference is. (does that one pay lease include maintenance??
    I agree... $667/mo. seems high.

Not the same risk with a One-Pay lease, as you have with a big CAP cost reduction. They amortize just like a regular 27 month lease... Sort of like that big payment is in an escrow account and payments are made out of it. If car is totaled, you get the pro-rated portion back, before they start calculating value and amount owed, etc..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ROBRTM5ROBRTM5 Member Posts: 81
    Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 E-350 Sport Sedan RWD, 24 and 27 months with 10K miles.

Thank you,

RM
    ROBRTM5 said:

Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 E-350 Sport Sedan RWD, 24 and 27 months with 10K miles.

Thank you,

RM

.00136 MF and 68% residual for 27 months, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

.00126 if you choose to use autopay....24 and 27 month have the same residual.
  • apeters3apeters3 Member Posts: 7
    Hi. Thanks for your help. Do you have the base (no mark up) MF/Residual for E350 Wagon, E63 and ML63 (10k) for October 2014? Thank you!!!
    Oh..I should have specified I wanted the 1 pay MF and Residual..for the E350/E63/ML63.../24 month/10k.
  • polandspringpolandspring Member Posts: 28
    I know this thread is for the e-class, but I am in the market for a CLA class and wondered how MSD works.

I know the main gist of it. But is it true that if you use MSD you cannot avail incentives or rebates or any capital cost reduction?

And the current rate for a CLA is .00145 for 36 months at 10k. Will MSD work down from that? or is there another MF that MSD works down from?

I also plan on doing Euro Delivery, so there is a markup for .0002 for that, hence I want to see if it is worth doing MSD over just the promotional MF.

Thanks, and sorry in advance if I upset anyone for hijacking a E-class forum for a CLA issue, tried searching for a similar one but was SOL.
    Multiple security deposits only apply if the lease uses the "standard" mercedes money factor. It does not apply on "promotional" mf's such as the one currently on gas powered E350's.
    apeters3 said:

Hi. Thanks for your help. Do you have the base (no mark up) MF/Residual for E350 Wagon, E63 and ML63 (10k) for October 2014? Thank you!!!

apeters3 said:

Oh..I should have specified I wanted the 1 pay MF and Residual..for the E350/E63/ML63.../24 month/10k.

I don't have the One Pay numbers... sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

apeters3 said:

apeters3 said:

I don't have the One Pay numbers... sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the reply. I dont mean to impose on a E-class discussion, but do you know the standard rate differs for a CLA250?

Thanks for the reply. I dont mean to impose on a E-class discussion, but do you know the standard rate differs for a CLA250?

The base MF for the CLA250 FWD is .00145

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If you don't have the one pay numbers can I get the base MF and residual on 24mo/10k for October please.
    kyfdx said:

The base MF for the CLA250 FWD is .00145
    THANKS! I just want to confirm that .00145 isnt the promotional MF. I thought it was.
    If it is the standard, you just made my day! MSD here I come!
    Sorry, but that is a promotional rate....standard rate is around .0020
    ah well, the good feeling was nice while it lasted. Guess MSD not in my cards. too much money frozen for three years for a .0001 savings.
    apeters3 said:

If you don't have the one pay numbers can I get the base MF and residual on 24mo/10k for October please.

All standard money factor

E350 Wagon : 67% residual

E63 : 60% residual

ML63 : 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you.
  • e90me90m Member Posts: 30
    Have they changed the program for the E350 sedan? They had a nice 27 month program last month with a good credit. Looking for 10k miles. Thanks!
    e90m said:

Have they changed the program for the E350 sedan? They had a nice 27 month program last month with a good credit. Looking for 10k miles. Thanks!

27/10 residual is 68% for both RWD and 4Matic

MF is .00136 for RWD and .00130 for 4Matic

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jgdnyjgdny Member Posts: 2

Can you please provide the residual for 30 months 10k ? 

Don't lease for 30 months....lease for 27 months which uses the 24 month residual and you can extend the lease up to six months at the end to make it a 33 month lease. It's a far better mercedes lease.
  • jgdnyjgdny Member Posts: 2
    ghstudio said:
    Don't lease for 30 months....lease for 27 months which uses the 24 month residual and you can extend the lease up to six months at the end to make it a 33 month lease. It's a far better mercedes lease.

Looking at what will hit the best payment. Have two other 2014 e350's. One leased dec 13' the other June 14' both on 27 month lease. Had an 2012 ML on a 30 month and that provided a fantastic deal. Having difficulty matching the deal on my other two as the residuals have dropped since June. At this point may wait till dec and see what the program will be on 15's 

• gorlomigorlomi Member Posts: 12
    I am trying to lease the last of the e550s. What is the best period for 10K or 12K miles ?

The dealer says 36 is the most arractive ( higher residuals over 30!)?

can you quote me the money factors and residuals for :

24/10K, 30/10K , 36/10K?

Thank you in advance....
    gorlomi said:

I am trying to lease the last of the e550s. What is the best period for 10K or 12K miles ?

The dealer says 36 is the most arractive ( higher residuals over 30!)?

can you quote me the money factors and residuals for :

24/10K, 30/10K , 36/10K?

Thank you in advance....

2014 E550 - standard MF (.00195 to .00225 is the latest information we have) and 64% / 61% / 62% for 24 / 30 / 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

you should use multiple security deposits on that car since it doesn't have a promotional mf. 36 months is probably the best deal.
  • rmitch64rmitch64 Member Posts: 20
    I would like to acknowledge that I am somewhat of a complete idiot when it comes to car buying. I say "somewhat" because I did figure out how to arrive at this forum. I would like to lease a 2014 E350 Sedan. I determined that the MSRP of the model and options that I would like is $58,535. The invoice is $55,244. I prefer a short term lease at 24 or 27, whatever they offer now. I need at least 12K miles per year, but would prefer 15K. I have seen monthly payments on cars with higher MSRP's and Invoice's (Than my numbers) in this forum for as low as $550+ per month with no money down. I'm really not sure what has to be done to get there. What should a reasonable expectation be as far as the total discount off the car?
    rmitch64 said:

I would like to acknowledge that I am somewhat of a complete idiot when it comes to car buying. I say "somewhat" because I did figure out how to arrive at this forum. I would like to lease a 2014 E350 Sedan. I determined that the MSRP of the model and options that I would like is $58,535. The invoice is $55,244. I prefer a short term lease at 24 or 27, whatever they offer now. I need at least 12K miles per year, but would prefer 15K. I have seen monthly payments on cars with higher MSRP's and Invoice's (Than my numbers) in this forum for as low as $550+ per month with no money down. I'm really not sure what has to be done to get there. What should a reasonable expectation be as far as the total discount off the car?

The best term right now for the 2014 E350 sedan is 27 months.

.00136 MF and 65% residual for 27 months, 15K/yr (assuming RWD).

The best start to getting a good lease deal is to ensure they are using the base MF and the base acquisition fee ($795). Luxury import dealers are well known for marking up those items. As you surmised, a big discount is the second part of the equation.

I can't tell you what others are paying for their cars, but Mercedes advertises a lease on this vehicle and I can give you the numbers that is based on.

On an E350 with an MSRP of $56,695, the advertised lease assumes a dealer discount of $6832, plus another $2350 incentive from Mercedes. Also, on this model, a special discounted acquisition fee of $495.

This program is called "MB Deal". As you can see, that's a selling price of over $9000 off MSRP..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

rmitch.....my general recommendations on MB e350 lease.

1) Put no money down up front...just first month's payment plus any legally required fees.
    2) Maintenance should be included in the lease
    3) use autopay which will reduce the money factor (interest rate)
    4) Be aware that you can extend your lease up to 6 months...that means a 27 month lease can be a 33 month lease...and the monthly payments/cost will be less than if you leased for 36 months.
    5) ask the dealer for a full breakout of the costs, money factors, residuals used in calculating your lease.
    6) run your final deal through this forum BEFORE you sign the lease.
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    ghstudio said:

1) Put no money down up front...just first month's payment plus any legally required fees.
    4) Be aware that you can extend your lease up to 6 months...that means a 27 month lease can be a 33 month lease...and the monthly payments/cost will be less than if you leased for 36 months.
    5) ask the dealer for a full breakout of the costs, money factors, residuals used in calculating your lease.

ghstudio - How does the lease extension work? Is it six more months of the same payment? Or do they recalculate the residual and payment?

Our E350 BlueTEC 24-month lease ends in December, and since we're paying $316/month with $0 cap cost reduction and MSD, would obviously like to keep the car as long as possible at that payment.
    kyfdx said:

rmitch64 said:

The best term right now for the 2014 E350 sedan is 27 months.

.00136 MF and 65% residual for 27 months, 15K/yr (assuming RWD).

The best start to getting a good lease deal is to ensure they are using the base MF and the base acquisition fee ($795). Luxury import dealers are well known for marking up those items. As you surmised, a big discount is the second part of the equation.

I can't tell you what others are paying for their cars, but Mercedes advertises a lease on this vehicle and I can give you the numbers that is based on.

On an E350 with an MSRP of $56,695, the advertised lease assumes a dealer discount of $6832, plus another $2350 incentive from Mercedes. Also, on this model, a special discounted acquisition fee of $495.

This program is called "MB Deal". As you can see, that's a selling price of over $9000 off MSRP..
    Hi kyfdx - I'm curious where Mercedes advertises this deal. From those numbers, I get a payment of $449 at 10,000 miles per year with $0 cap cost reduction. However, the MBUSA.com "special offer" is $579/month and $3,499 cap cost reduction.
  • rmitch64rmitch64 Member Posts: 20
    Your advice and strategies are greatly appreciated. I have learned a ton. Thanks so much for all of your help! I will definitely check back in with this forum before finalizing any deal.
    empowah said:

ghstudio said:

ghstudio - How does the lease extension work? Is it six more months of the same payment? Or do they recalculate the residual and payment?

Our E350 BlueTEC 24-month lease ends in December, and since we're paying $316/month with $0 cap cost reduction and MSD, would obviously like to keep the car as long as possible at that payment.
    Same monthly payment and same miles per month...so you would still pay 316 and get 1000 miles per month if you're on a 12000 miles per year lease. I'm not sure of the residual at the end.....
    ghstudio said:

empowah said:

ghstudio said:

Same monthly payment and same miles per month...so you would still pay 316 and get 1000 miles per month if you're on a 12000 miles per year lease. I'm not sure of the residual at the end.....
    Wow, that's great! Thanks for the info.
  • gmakigmaki Member Posts: 4
    Here are my lease terms, I'd like to know if this seems to be a good deal.

MSRP = 62,390
    Discount = 7,486
    Negotiated Price = 54,903
    Cash out of pocket = 0
    Trade in Value = 12,000
    Money Factor = .00136

Payment (before tax) = 226
    Payment with tax = 249

This is in Southern Ca (Los Angeles County)

I know I am missing some of the fees and I am hoping to get a breakdown of those from the dealer today. But hoping you can give me an idea as to whether this deal looks good or not so far.

Thank you!
    gmaki said:

Here are my lease terms, I'd like to know if this seems to be a good deal.

MSRP = 62,390
    Discount = 7,486
    Negotiated Price = 54,903
    Cash out of pocket = 0
    Trade in Value = 12,000
    Money Factor = .00136

Payment (before tax) = 226
    Payment with tax = 249

This is in Southern Ca (Los Angeles County)

I know I am missing some of the fees and I am hoping to get a breakdown of those from the dealer today. But hoping you can give me an idea as to whether this deal looks good or not so far.

Thank you!

Sorry forgot to add this is a 27 month, 10,000 mi/yr lease
    gmaki. really need to know the fees (dealer admin fee, lease origination fee,...). If I plug in $795 and $500 dealer admin fee...and you use autopay (let them deduct payments from your bank), I get somewhere around $175 plus tax per month using your trade in as a down payment..but.....

Having said that, don't use the trade in towards the lease...have them cut you a check for that amount and put it in your bank...it's safer if your car is totaled or stolen....just pay more each month...yes, much larger payments but you are paying them the $12K over the life of the lease instead of giving it to them up front. Also have them include maintenance in the lease....
    ghstudio said:

gmaki. really need to know the fees (dealer admin fee, lease origination fee,...). If I plug in $795 and $500 dealer admin fee...and you use autopay (let them deduct payments from your bank), I get somewhere around $175 plus tax per month using your trade in as a down payment..but.....

Having said that, don't use the trade in towards the lease...have them cut you a check for that amount and put it in your bank...it's safer if your car is totaled or stolen....just pay more each month...yes, much larger payments but you are paying them the $12K over the life of the lease instead of giving it to them up front. Also have them include maintenance in the lease....

Thank you and yes I have requested the detail on other fees. The dealer is not eager to let me see them and if they refuse to show them to me I am simply going to walk away.

Regardless, from your math it appears they are padding those fees somewhere which I suspected.

It's funny the autopay option and maintenance hasn't come up but I will ask about that. Does autopay help them lower the price somehow?

Also thank you for the advice on the trade. That makes sense. Once I get the other fees, assuming I do, I will post them here.
    autopay reduces the mf by .0001, so yes it does reduce your payments by a little...every little bit helps. As far as maintenance, dealers like to add that on at closing so they get the full amount, rather than adding it to the lease where you save quite a bit (it's treated as a feature so you only pay part of the price). Make sure it's MB maintenance, not the dealer's "better" special package which is better for them, not for you.
This discussion has been closed.