Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• apeters3apeters3 Member Posts: 7
    Being offered: 2014 e350 WAGON. Executive demo (new but 5k miles). 77000 MSRP. Sale price 63,292. 24 mo lease, .00180 (one pay) MF, 68% residual on 7500/year. Can I get some feedback on this deal? Also could I get 2014 ML63 numbers on the same terms as above please? I can't decide between paying a lot more for an AMG or being satisfied with a loaded E350 Wagon. Thank you!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    use multiple security deposits on both of those cars since they don't have promotional money factors.
    PS. You provided the ML63 Residual above but if you have the MF it would be appreciated. Also what other incentives is MB offering to the dealers at this time for 2014s. I'm interested to know how much of a discount I could negotiation off a remaining ML 63.
    Iknow it has been commented in several times before but I just spent 20 min trying to find it with no avail,...so sorry but what is the discount per SD on the standard MF rate?
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    apeters3 said:

Iknow it has been commented in several times before but I just spent 20 min trying to find it with no avail,...so sorry but what is the discount per SD on the standard MF rate?

When my parents leased their E350 BT, they did ten security deposits and auto-pay, dropping the base MF from .0016 to .0008.

Each security deposit lowered the MF by .00007 and auto-pay lowered it by .0001.

One security deposit is one month's payment rounded to the nearest $50.

I believe the current base MF is now .00195-.00225, depending on whether you have Super Tier credit or Tier 1 credit.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    empowah said:

kyfdx said:

rmitch64 said:

I would like to acknowledge that I am somewhat of a complete idiot when it comes to car buying. I say "somewhat" because I did figure out how to arrive at this forum. I would like to lease a 2014 E350 Sedan. I determined that the MSRP of the model and options that I would like is $58,535. The invoice is $55,244. I prefer a short term lease at 24 or 27, whatever they offer now. I need at least 12K miles per year, but would prefer 15K. I have seen monthly payments on cars with higher MSRP's and Invoice's (Than my numbers) in this forum for as low as $550+ per month with no money down. I'm really not sure what has to be done to get there. What should a reasonable expectation be as far as the total discount off the car?

The best term right now for the 2014 E350 sedan is 27 months.

.00136 MF and 65% residual for 27 months, 15K/yr (assuming RWD).

The best start to getting a good lease deal is to ensure they are using the base MF and the base acquisition fee ($795). Luxury import dealers are well known for marking up those items. As you surmised, a big discount is the second part of the equation.

I can't tell you what others are paying for their cars, but Mercedes advertises a lease on this vehicle and I can give you the numbers that is based on.

On an E350 with an MSRP of $56,695, the advertised lease assumes a dealer discount of $6832, plus another $2350 incentive from Mercedes. Also, on this model, a special discounted acquisition fee of $495.

This program is called "MB Deal". As you can see, that's a selling price of over $9000 off MSRP..
    Hi kyfdx - I'm curious where Mercedes advertises this deal. From those numbers, I get a payment of $449 at 10,000 miles per year with $0 cap cost reduction. However, the MBUSA.com "special offer" is $579/month and $3,499 cap cost reduction.

Oops... that's the Employee program... no wonder it looked so good. If it makes you feel any better, your calculation of the payment is right on the money... :(

So... the correct part is the money factor and residual.. The advertised lease assumes a discount of around $2300, but you should be able to do a lot better than that...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• balabbalab Member Posts: 4
    Just leased an E350. Hope you can give me some comment whether I have a good lease/deal. I"m in the bay area (Northern CA). Thanks!

Here is a breakdown:
    E350, Sport Sedan + options
    Sale price $50,200.00
    Acquisition Fee = $ 1095.00
    Total = $51,295.00
    CA State DMV = $ 467.00
    State tire fee = $ 7.00

27 RateK 0.00286
    ResFactor 68%
    Residual = $41,044.80
    Drive off cash = $ 1,261.06
    Monthly base = $ 643.73
    Monthly tax = $ 56.33
    Monthly payment= $ 700.06

FCLP (First Class Lease Package?) = $ 999.00 <== we bought additional
    Prepaid Maintenance 2y/20K = $1095.00 <== we bought additional

Total monthly payment with all inclusives = $759.10
  • gmakigmaki Member Posts: 4
    I finally got a chance to look at the fees on one of the deals I am negotiating. A big fee I was not expecting was a "Tax on cap cost reduction" which was a few hundred dollars. Remember I was using a $12,000 trade in as my down.

So the first question would be, is this a legit charge?

And the second question would be, if I have them cut a check for my trade instead and do 0 cap cost reduction, I would avoid this tax?

Thank you.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    gmaki said:

I finally got a chance to look at the fees on one of the deals I am negotiating. A big fee I was not expecting was a "Tax on cap cost reduction" which was a few hundred dollars. Remember I was using a $12,000 trade in as my down.

So the first question would be, is this a legit charge?

And the second question would be, if I have them cut a check for my trade instead and do 0 cap cost reduction, I would avoid this tax?

Thank you.

Yes, it's legitimate.

Yes, if you have the dealer buy your trade outright you avoid the tax obligation.

We don't recommend using trade equity as a down payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• polandspringpolandspring Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2014
    This may be a novice question, but from which MSRP are residuals calculated?
    Is it MSRP + Destination = the MSRP from which residual is calculated?
    or without Destination?

And does it change when doing European Delivery (where the destination is waived as part of the program)?

Thanks

This may be a novice question, but from which MSRP are residuals calculated?
    Is it MSRP + Destination = the MSRP from which residual is calculated?
    or without Destination?

And does it change when doing European Delivery (where the destination is waived as part of the program)?

Thanks

The full MSRP including destination. It's the bottom line on the official government sticker.

Residuals should not change for ED.. It's the same car that the bank gets back at the end of the lease.. it will have the same value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2014
    thanks for the info.

I understand that the % residuals (i.e. 66% for 36 mo @10k) don't change.

But I wanted to ask if the MSRP (which in the US, incl the Destination) when calculating residuals changes.

Euro Delivery the Destination is waived. (is the waived destination treated as a Cap Cost Reduction? or never figures into the car price at all)
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    balab said:

Just leased an E350. Hope you can give me some comment whether I have a good lease/deal. I"m in the bay area (Northern CA). Thanks!

Here is a breakdown:
    E350, Sport Sedan + options
    Sale price $50,200.00
    Acquisition Fee = $ 1095.00
    Total = $51,295.00
    CA State DMV = $ 467.00
    State tire fee = $ 7.00

27 RateK 0.00286
    ResFactor 68%
    Residual = $41,044.80
    Drive off cash = $ 1,261.06
    Monthly base = $ 643.73
    Monthly tax = $ 56.33
    Monthly payment= $ 700.06

FCLP (First Class Lease Package?) = $ 999.00

Sorry to tell you this but the current money factor on that lease from mb is .00136, assuming good credit. Also, I think the maintenance is high.

thanks for the info.

But I wanted to ask if the MSRP (which in the US, incl the Destination) when calculating residuals changes.

Euro Delivery the Destination is waived. (is the waived destination treated as a Cap Cost Reduction? or never figures into the car price at all)

No.. the residuals don't change.. they may waive the destination fee on your selling price, or offer an equivalent incentive, but it's still there on the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

thanks for the info.

No.. the residuals don't change.. they may waive the destination fee on your selling price, or offer an equivalent incentive, but it's still there on the MSRP.
    I bid thee a thank you (bow)
    Is it true for any MB Model, they add.0002 to the MF for Euro Delivery?

Is it true for any MB Model, they add.0002 to the MF for Euro Delivery?

I'm not all that familiar with the particulars of the Mercedes ED program. The only ED program that I have much knowledge on is BMW's

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dayalanycdayalanyc Member Posts: 3
    I am being quoted $717 a month for a 2014 E-Class Sedan for a 27 month lease.

MSRP = $59,195
    Capitalized Cost = $52,565
    $4,152 due at signing

This also includes 3 years of maintenance.

Is this a good deal? Seems a little bit high. Any help would be appreciated!
    dayalanyc said:

I am being quoted $717 a month for a 2014 E-Class Sedan for a 27 month lease.

MSRP = $59,195
    Capitalized Cost = $52,565
    $4,152 due at signing

This also includes 3 years of maintenance.

Is this a good deal? Seems a little bit high. Any help would be appreciated!

.00136 MF and 65% residual for 27mo, 15K/yr. (though you don't mention your mileage allowance) Assuming a RWD E350 (though you don't mention which E-Class).

Given your parameters and my assumptions, the payment would be $645/mo.+ tax.. and DAS would be 1st payment, $795 acq.fee, title/license/doc fees

So.. need to know your state/tax rate, and a breakdown of the $4152 D.A.S. Also, the numbers could change if my assumptions are not correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Car_Man - when do you expect to get RV and MF on 2015 E400 sedans and coupes? Thanks
    rr4mywife said:

Car_Man - when do you expect to get RV and MF on 2015 E400 sedans and coupes? Thanks

November

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nycknyck Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2014

wanted to see if the numbers i got today are good. NYC area

2015 E350 sedan

Msrp 64,500

Cap cost 60,000

RV 56%

MF .0018

36 mos. 15k mi./yr

nothing down

$771/mo.

nyck said:

wanted to see if the numbers i got today are good. NYC area

2015 E350 sedan

Msrp 64,500

Cap cost 60,000

RV 56%

MF .0018

36 mos. 15k mi./yr

nothing down

$771/mo.

We don't have any 2015 E-Class lease numbers, yet... Probably, next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dutchmastahdutchmastah Member Posts: 14
    Michaell said:

e90m said:

27/10 residual is 68% for both RWD and 4Matic

MF is .00136 for RWD and .00130 for 4Matic

Is this deal still current? I assume the RV will be 67% for 12K /27 mos lease, right? Looks quite attractive compared to the c400 with standard MF that I was looking at earlier.

Michaell said:

e90m said:

Is this deal still current? I assume the RV will be 67% for 12K /27 mos lease, right? Looks quite attractive compared to the c400 with standard MF that I was looking at earlier.

Yes.. current numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jwb3rxjwb3rx Member Posts: 58

Michaell said:

e90m said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at a new C400 vs E350 and with the difference in rates plus incentives on the E class vs the new C class, you can basically lease an E for the same or better money than the E now. However, you won't be getting the new interior that the C can offer though.
  • onehaqqonehaqq Member Posts: 12
    Trying to see if this is a good deal:

2014 E350 Sport
    MSRP $59,200
    Selling Price $49,672
    Residual Value $38,480
    15k miles/year, 27 month term
    Fees (tag, title, and DOC) $590
    Georgia TAVT Tax $3463.79
    Money Factor .00136

With a $4000 down payment, the monthly payment was $625.

Is it worth doing this? Was considering a C300 as well, but not sure if the incentives are that good.

Thanks
    onehaqq said:

2014 E350 Sport
    MSRP $59,200
    Selling Price $49,672
    Residual Value $38,480
    Money Factor .00136

Is it worth doing this? Was considering a C300 as well, but not sure if the incentives are that good.

Thanks

Leaving the tax and down payment out of the equation, I get a pre-tax payment of $534.41/mo for 27 months with the numbers you've provided, along with the .00136 MF (base) and 65% residual.

The GA tax is either due up front or can be rolled into the cap cost .. is the $4K you're provided up front covering that amount (as well as other fees)?

Not sure I can get to the $625 number the dealer is quoting .. ask them for a breakdown of the taxes and money due up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

onehaqq said:

2014 E350 Sport
    MSRP $59,200
    Selling Price $49,672
    Residual Value $38,480
    Money Factor .00136

Thanks

Leaving the tax and down payment out of the equation, I get a pre-tax payment of $534.41/mo for 27 months with the numbers you've provided, along with the .00136 MF (base) and 65% residual.

The GA tax is either due up front or can be rolled into the cap cost .. is the $4K you're provided up front covering that amount (as well as other fees)?

Not sure I can get to the $625 number the dealer is quoting .. ask them for a breakdown of the taxes and money due up front.

Thanks, the taxes can be rolled into the cap cost, so the only monies due up front will be the down payment. So in other words, the only money I am paying now is $4000, and the payment will be $625.
    onehaqq said:

Michaell said:

onehaqq said:

2014 E350 Sport
    MSRP $59,200
    Selling Price $49,672
    Residual Value $38,480
    Money Factor .00136

Thanks

Thanks, the taxes can be rolled into the cap cost, so the only monies due up front will be the down payment. So in other words, the only money I am paying now is $4000, and the payment will be $625.
    We don't recommend that a down payment be made on a lease ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

If I add in the taxes and fees to the selling price (resulting in a net cap cost of $52,726), I get a $0 down monthly payment of $763.77. $4K down knocks $148/mo off that, resulting in a payment of $615.77.

Closer to the $625/mo quote from the dealer....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey guys is there any more room for negotiation with this one?

4matic e350 2014
    MSRP: 70230
    Selling price: 60540
    27 mo/ 12K miles
    MP: $639.35 + 57.54 tax = $696.89

4matic e350 2014
    27 mo/ 12K miles

$1852 out of pocket

4matic e350 2014
    27 mo/ 12K miles

.00130 MF and 67% residual. With your MSRP and selling price I get a pre-tax payment of $639.35, just like you. Not sure you can get a lower selling price than what you've already negotiated - $10K off!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

We negotiated further and the dealer agreed to $563/mo with maintenance with the $4000 down. The $4000 down includes the first months payment also.

Michaell said:

onehaqq said:

Michaell said:

onehaqq said:

2014 E350 Sport
    MSRP $59,200
    Selling Price $49,672
    Residual Value $38,480
    Money Factor .00136

Thanks

We don't recommend that a down payment be made on a lease ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

If I add in the taxes and fees to the selling price (resulting in a net cap cost of $52,726), I get a $0 down monthly payment of $763.77. $4K down knocks $148/mo off that, resulting in a payment of $615.77.

Closer to the $625/mo quote from the dealer....
    jwb3rx said:
    27/10 residual is 68% for both RWD and 4Matic MF is .00136 for RWD and .00130 for 4Matic
    I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at a new C400 vs E350 and with the difference in rates plus incentives on the E class vs the new C class, you can basically lease an E for the same or better money than the E now. However, you won't be getting the new interior that the C can offer though.

Exactly the same dilemma for me. Decided to go with a 70k E class for the same payment as 58k C, although the E is a bit outdated, I think it's still a better value for the money. 
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Car_Man - has MB released MF and residual rates for 2015 E 400 Couple and Sedan? I'm sure they will have some sort of winter package soon. Thanks
    rr4mywife said:

Car_Man - has MB released MF and residual rates for 2015 E 400 Couple and Sedan? I'm sure they will have some sort of winter package soon. Thanks

Coupe: .00127 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Sedan: Standard MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

wanted to see if the numbers i got are good. NYC area

2015 E350 luxury 4MATIC sedan

Msrp 64,875 (incl $925 d&d)

Cap cost 60,000

RV 56%

MF .0018

36 mos. 15k mi./yr

nothing down

$771/mo.

Is the RV really so low at 56% for 36mos/15k mi/yr?
    nyck said:

wanted to see if the numbers i got are good. NYC area

2015 E350 luxury 4MATIC sedan

Msrp 64,875 (incl $925 d&d)

Cap cost 60,000

RV 56%

MF .0018

36 mos. 15k mi./yr

nothing down

$771/mo.

Is the RV really so low at 56% for 36mos/15k mi/yr?

Base MF for the E350 4Matic is .00118 ... not sure if your .0018 is a typo or if the dealer is inflating the MF on you.

36/15 residual is indeed 56%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes...MF is .00118...thank you!
  • neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50
    Might someone have the residual and money factor for the 2015 E400 Cabriiolet?
    Thank you.
    neorose said:

Might someone have the residual and money factor for the 2015 E400 Cabriiolet?
    Thank you.

.00120 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50
    Thanks.
  • mp0wermp0wer Member Posts: 7
    Hello I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 and 2015 E-Class E350 4MATIC Sport Sedan 36mo 15k/yr...Thanks :smile:
    mp0wer said:

Hello I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 and 2015 E-Class E350 4MATIC Sport Sedan 36mo 15k/yr...Thanks :smile:

2014 - .00130 and 52%

2015 - .00118 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2014
    Michaell said:

4matic e350 2014
    27 mo/ 12K miles

.00130 MF and 67% residual. With your MSRP and selling price I get a pre-tax payment of $639.35, just like you. Not sure you can get a lower selling price than what you've already negotiated - $10K off!
    there not offering 67% residual anymore?

i would think the numbers would be better for a 2014 lease
    mp0wer said:

Michaell said:

4matic e350 2014
    27 mo/ 12K miles

there not offering 67% residual anymore?

i would think the numbers would be better for a 2014 lease
    The 24 or 27 month, 15K residual for the 2014 and 2015 E350 is 65% this month; +2% for 12K.

The numbers I quoted were for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ah ok...thank you
  • evp0426evp0426 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Hey Guys, I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 E250 BlueTec Sport Sedan 27mo 12k/yr...Thanks
    evp0426 said:

Hey Guys, I'm looking for numbers on a 2014 E250 BlueTec Sport Sedan 27mo 12k/yr...Thanks

Standard MF (.0019-.0022) and 64% for 24/12. No 27 month program for the E250 Bluetec.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.