Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Lexus RC 350 Lease Questions

tomjr88tomjr88 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2015 in Lexus
To research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, please see Edmunds 2015 Lexus RC 350 page.

any lease rates released yet? mfrate or rv? for nj 07107

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    tomjr88 said:

.00120 MF and 72% residual for 27mo, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kogumakoguma Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2014
    kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

Are the same MF and Residual applies to the RC F model as well?
    koguma said:

kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

I doubt it... no info on that model, though

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

koguma said:

kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

May I ask residual value on 24 months 10k instead of 27 months? Do I simply add 2% to 72% which is 74%?

Thank you so much for your help!
    koguma said:

kyfdx said:

koguma said:

kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

May I ask residual value on 24 months 10k instead of 27 months? Do I simply add 2% to 72% which is 74%?

Thank you so much for your help!

Sorry, but we don't have the full info on RC 350 residuals..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thinkwellthinkwell Member Posts: 8
    I am negotiating a lease with a dealer in California for a RC 350 F Sport. They offered the following: 36 months, 10k/year, 65% residual, .002 MF.

I am concerned that the MF is way too high. My score is almost at 700. Is this a normal rate for Tier 2 credit?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    thinkwell said:

I am negotiating a lease with a dealer in California for a RC 350 F Sport. They offered the following: 36 months, 10k/year, 65% residual, .002 MF.

I am concerned that the MF is way too high. My score is almost at 700. Is this a normal rate for Tier 2 credit?

We're showing .00165 as the tier 2 MF for the RC 350. Your dealer may be marking that up on you a bit for some extra profit in the deal.

FYI, 700 is Tier 1 for Lexus - .00130 MF for that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited November 2014
    Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

We're showing .00165 as the tier 2 MF for the RC 350. Your dealer may be marking that up on you a bit for some extra profit in the deal.

Thanks for the reply. I attempted to negotiate with the sales manager to reduce the MF, however, he stated that the MF rates are set by the dealer and the rates are high because the RC350 is a new model. He also told me that Tier 1 is 740+, so it appears that they are marking it up.

Any tips on how to negotiate the MF?
    thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Thanks for the reply. I attempted to negotiate with the sales manager to reduce the MF, however, he stated that the MF rates are set by the dealer and the rates are high because the RC350 is a new model. He also told me that Tier 1 is 740+, so it appears that they are marking it up.

Do you have a second Lexus dealer you can negotiate with? Competition is the best way to get the desired outcome.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• muajkomuajko Member Posts: 9
    thinkwell said:
    I am negotiating a lease with a dealer in California for a RC 350 F Sport. They offered the following: 36 months, 10k/year, 65% residual, .002 MF. I am concerned that the MF is way too high. My score is almost at 700. Is this a normal rate for Tier 2 credit?
    I'm in Maryland and they gave me the same MF with a 799 credit score! Did you manage to get any money off of the sticker price? They only did $750. I'm going back tomorrow to get this MF down to a reasonable number. 
    this is a suggestion for all of you here. Dont' just talk to one dealer. it's the stupidest thing we can do when we all have the power of internet. Send one email and bcc minimum 5-10 dealership, ask what's the best they can do. Let them know that you're working with more than one dealer. MF for east coast should be .00120 , don't accept anything higher. This is the lexus set rate and you should not pay anything higher than that. I'm also NJ area and all east coast should have the same rate, inc. NJ/NY/DC/MD/VA, etc....
    thinkwell said:

they're ripping you off man, even for tier 2. tell them you'll work with other lexus dealer. it's their loss.
    edited November 2014
    Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Do you have a second Lexus dealer you can negotiate with? Competition is the best way to get the desired outcome.
    I contacted a couple more dealers and inquired about a .0013 MF. All of them stated that it would only be possible to obtain that money factor with a credit score of 850, which I don't believe is true.

I provided them with my credit score and they offered a .0016 MF. However, they stated that the actual money factor I am approved for may be higher because they have to get the rates from Lexus Financial. I thought Lexus had tiers that was based on credit score?

I believe that a .0016 MF is still high. I am comfortable with negotiating and have purchased several cars before, however, this is my first time leasing. It has been quite a interesting experience so far.

I am using a lease calculator to double-check the dealer, however, I am not sure if I have the correct info. What would be the approximate monthly payment for a lease with the following terms: $53k sales price, 36 months, 10k/year, 65% residual, .0016 MF, 8% sales tax (to be paid monthly)?
    thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

I contacted a couple more dealers and inquired about a .0013 MF. All of them stated that it would only be possible to obtain that money factor with a credit score of 850, which I don't believe is true.

I provided them with my credit score and they offered a .0016 MF. However, they stated that the actual money factor I am approved for may be higher because they have to get the rates from Lexus Financial. I thought Lexus had tiers that was based on credit score?

I believe that a .0016 MF is still high. I am comfortable with negotiating and have purchased several cars before, however, this is my first time leasing. It has been quite a interesting experience so far.

I am using a lease calculator to double-check the dealer, however, I am not sure if I have the correct info. What would be the approximate monthly payment for a lease with the following terms: $53k sales price, 36 months, 10k/year, 65% residual, .0016 MF, 8% sales tax (to be paid monthly)?
    Yes, Lexus does set tiers for the MF based on credit score. However, the thresholds are a bit lower than what the dealer is telling you.

My information shows that Tier 1+ is for anything with a score of 720 or higher.

In order to model a payment, we also need to know the MSRP of the vehicle in question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Yes, Lexus does set tiers for the MF based on credit score. However, the thresholds are a bit lower than what the dealer is telling you.

My information shows that Tier 1+ is for anything with a score of 720 or higher.

In order to model a payment, we also need to know the MSRP of the vehicle in question.
    The MSRP is $53k. I am planning to put down $1500 to cover the first month's payment and fees.

I calculated $707/month, however, the dealer is stating $730/month. I believe the dealer is rolling the bank fee into the lease.

I was under the impression that all of the fees, including the bank fee, is included in the down payment?
    thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

The MSRP is $53k. I am planning to put down $1500 to cover the first month's payment and fees.

I calculated $707/month, however, the dealer is stating $730/month. I believe the dealer is rolling the bank fee into the lease.

I was under the impression that all of the fees, including the bank fee, is included in the down payment?
    Not always - almost any fee or tax can be added in to the cap cost. Get a detailed list of all taxes and fees from the dealer and have them explain whether it's being paid up front as part of the lease inception monies, or rolled into the cap cost.

This could easily explain the $20/mo difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2014
    Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

Not always - almost any fee or tax can be added in to the cap cost. Get a detailed list of all taxes and fees from the dealer and have them explain whether it's being paid up front as part of the lease inception monies, or rolled into the cap cost.

This could easily explain the $20/mo difference.
    Thanks for the tip. I just reviewed the list of fees from the dealer. The bank fee is $700, and there is exactly a $700 difference between the sales price and the cap cost.

It appears that they did roll the bank fee into the lease.
  • lng86lng86 Member Posts: 6
    I just compared my quoted rate to thinkwell's.... First time leasing. Did not ask about the various rates MF, residual, etc I see in this thread. But looks like my quote is really bad.

My quotes for the car MSRP at 51,978 are as follows
    4948 down 27 month lease= $777.61/month or 36 month lease=$735.88
    7500 miles per year.
    tax rate here is 6.25%
    "Inv tax" not included

We didnt run our credit as we were shopping around but we have excellent credit, and we told the salesman to work under the assumption of great credit.

Were going to another dealership today, any suggestions on what we should aim our goals to be for the various factors in leasing?
    lng86 said:

I just compared my quoted rate to thinkwell's.... First time leasing. Did not ask about the various rates MF, residual, etc I see in this thread. But looks like my quote is really bad.

7500 miles per year.
    tax rate here is 6.25%
    "Inv tax" not included

We didnt run our credit as we were shopping around but we have excellent credit, and we told the salesman to work under the assumption of great credit.

Were going to another dealership today, any suggestions on what we should aim our goals to be for the various factors in leasing?

There are only two variables in a lease - the selling price and the money factor. The selling price should be negotiated for a lease just like it would for a purchase. The MF is set by Lexus Finance, but the dealer can mark it up for extra profit. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have accurate numbers this month for Lexus MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The other option they presented which was there current lease special for in stock RC involved 9500 down, 499/ month for 27 months, 10k miles/ year.

Do you know how the MF rates varies with other brands, like BMW?
    Michaell said:

lng86 said:

7500 miles per year.
    tax rate here is 6.25%
    "Inv tax" not included

There are only two variables in a lease - the selling price and the money factor. The selling price should be negotiated for a lease just like it would for a purchase. The MF is set by Lexus Finance, but the dealer can mark it up for extra profit. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have accurate numbers this month for Lexus MF
    lng86 said:

The other option they presented which was there current lease special for in stock RC involved 9500 down, 499/ month for 27 months, 10k miles/ year.

Michaell said:

lng86 said:

7500 miles per year.
    tax rate here is 6.25%
    "Inv tax" not included

I'm assuming you live in a state where the lease taxes are calculated up front (NY, NJ, for example) and can either be paid at lease inception or added into the cap cost. Do you know the negotiated selling price and breakdown of all the costs?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

That is correct about taxes. As for the breakdown, unfortunately, it was the first dealership we went to when looking into leasing and did get all the numbers those were all the numbers that were presented and we didnt know better to ask for the break down of everything. Just looking at what was needed down and monthly cost. Rookie mistake.
    Michaell said:

lng86 said:

Michaell said:

lng86 said:

7500 miles per year.
    tax rate here is 6.25%
    "Inv tax" not included

I'm assuming you live in a state where the lease taxes are calculated up front (NY, NJ, for example) and can either be paid at lease inception or added into the cap cost. Do you know the negotiated selling price and breakdown of all the costs?
    kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

I have contacted at least 5 dealers here in PA/VA/NJ and they are all saying .00160

Does Edmunds have accurate info on 10k 27months for NE region on RC? or am I smelling price-fixing???
    koguma said:

kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

I have contacted at least 5 dealers here in PA/VA/NJ and they are all saying .00160

Does Edmunds have accurate info on 10k 27months for NE region on RC? or am I smelling price-fixing???

.00160 is probably correct.. We don't have all of the numbers for Lexus. Some states with disadvantageous lease tax rules get lower money factors..

The 27/10 residual is 72%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2014
    koguma said:

kyfdx said:

tomjr88 said:

I also received lease offers with a .0016 MF from several dealers in CA.
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    Today, RC 350 F Sport, in South FL, I got MF .00160 and RV of 65%. That's for 10k/yr 36 mos. I just went to test drive it. Just posting my numbers for everyone's benefits here.
    apdspider said:

Today, RC 350 F Sport, in South FL, I got MF .00160 and RV of 65%. That's for 10k/yr 36 mos. I just went to test drive it. Just posting my numbers for everyone's benefits here.

Thanks for reporting in.. What did you think of the test drive?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Contacted a few dealers myself in VA, MD, DE, NJ. I also work at a car dealership myself and explained that to them. Managed to get the same answer across the board. MF is .00160  up to 48months. I'm not seeing anyone really budge off of MSRP though. Did anyone here get a decent selling price? 
    muajko said:

Contacted a few dealers myself in VA, MD, DE, NJ. I also work at a car dealership myself and explained that to them. Managed to get the same answer across the board. MF is .00160  up to 48months. I'm not seeing anyone really budge off of MSRP though. Did anyone here get a decent selling price? 

I have spoken with quiet a few dealers and they are not budging on MSRP. There is a person who claims they received $1k off MSRP from a dealer in Southern California on RC350forum.com.
    thinkwell said:

muajko said:

I have spoken with quiet a few dealers and they are not budging on MSRP. There is a person who claims they received $1k off MSRP from a dealer in Southern California on RC350forum.com.
    I can't say I'm surprised by the lack of discounting ... new car and limited availability equates to higher transaction prices. Perhaps in 6 months, when all the early adopters have gotten theirs, will prices drop.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

muajko said:

I can't say I'm surprised by the lack of discounting ... new car and limited availability equates to higher transaction prices. Perhaps in 6 months, when all the early adopters have gotten theirs, will prices drop.
    I am also not surprised. Now, if I can only find an RC350 F Sport at a dealer without the rear spoiler...
    thinkwell said:
    I am also not surprised. Now, if I can only find an RC350 F Sport at a dealer without the rear spoiler...
    I feel your pain.. I wish I could find one without fog lights! 
    Two things - Lexus of Palm Beach, had about 8 RC 350. They were very eager to lease me the car. I did the math with the MF and RV using 36 most and 10k. The monthly payment was lower than expected. I don't remember where it was, but my math using sticker price was higher than theirs. My guess, is around a $3k discount. They claimed they were getting cars daily. So I think this RC 350 is going to be a high volume car and discounts will be available sooner than later. Again, that's just my opinion.

Now for the test drive... I'll give my opinion below
    Test drive opinion:

This was the first Lexus I've ever driven. I current lease a '14 BMW Z4, and I have owned Acura TLs. I've driven tons of BMWs, Audis, Jags... and more. So I consider myself knowledgeable.

The RC 350 F Sport is the one I drove. It was loaded in packages.

Interior thoughts: I thought it was in line with other high end Japanese brands. Nice and higher end. The only complaint I had, was the Nav unit. The unit is about 8-9 inches wide, but the Nav screen is only about 6 inches So there is about 2 inches of black plastic to the left and right of the screen... and the display was not high end. Felt like an 10 year old Nav screen. Not HD like my BMW. Also, the rear seat leg room is less then a 4 series BMW. So it's tight for any passengers back there.

The Good: The leather used on the seats and everywhere was very soft and awesome. This leather beats BMW. The red interior is not really red. It's like a dark pink. Noticeable in the sunlight with the sunroof open. The bone/grey interior was very nice in another car parked there. The instrument cluster TFT is very cool. That's my favorite besides the leather seating.

The drive: Can I say it's a performance car? Not really. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice, but it felt very "soft". Like driving an Acura or another Japanese sedan. Not the european sportiness that I personally like. But coming from a small lightweight Z4 any car I drive will be hard to meet my standard.

The car is very quiet. Awesome sound insulation from the outside world. But the paddle shifters felt like my Acuras.... fake. The shifts were not instant. Almost like the computers limited shifts if they were too high in the RPM range. At least that was my impression.

The engine is nice, but the car felt heavy, so it wasn't as quick as I expected. But overall, I think the car is very nice. Call it a sporty luxury coupe. Not a Sports car. Now I wish the RC F (467 HP) was in my price range. That one must be very different to drive.

So in comparison, the RC 350 F Sport is nice and reasonably priced and equipped compared to the BMW 435i M Sport. But the BMW feels like a sports car and is luxurious. The lexus lacks the driving thrill of the BMW. But for about 6 grand cheaper than the BMW (equally equipped) the Lexus may be the better choice. After all, I'm not going to race this car anyway.

Cheers
    BTW, Even if the MSRP is cheaper than the BMW, the MF is higher and the residual value may be lower. So the monthly payment on the lexus is pricier than a BMW, in theory. But those of you looking at this forum probably don't care about that. You probably like the car enough to want to lease it. Happy Hunting.
  • whoknew01whoknew01 Member Posts: 29
    From reading the thread, I see there's still some question regarding MF. Anything concrete yet?

I'm interested in MF & RV for RC350... 36 or 39 month, whichever is more economical with 15k miles per year.

Also, what about MSD's... does every manufacturer discount MF with MSD's? I've learned BMW allows up to 7 for a total discount of .0049.

Appreciate any info you can provide!

Thank you.
    whoknew01 said:

From reading the thread, I see there's still some question regarding MF. Anything concrete yet?

I'm interested in MF & RV for RC350... 36 or 39 month, whichever is more economical with 15k miles per year.

Also, what about MSD's... does every manufacturer discount MF with MSD's? I've learned BMW allows up to 7 for a total discount of .0049.

Appreciate any info you can provide!

Thank you.

The MF is .00160 for the RC.

Lexus does offer MSD ... though I don't have all the details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you for the MF, still need the RV, please, I'll check with the dealers & see what they say about MSD's. Thx
    whoknew01 said:

Thank you for the MF, still need the RV, please, I'll check with the dealers & see what they say about MSD's. Thx

The current Lexus docs we have don't show the RV for the RC350, unfortunately.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

whoknew01 said:

The residual for 27mo, 10K/yr is 72%. Deduct 1% for 12K/yr or 3% for 15K/yr.

27 months is the only term we have residuals for..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! Stopped by the dealer this evening to take a look & test drive. They said their sweet spot is 24 or 27 months.
    Test drove & wanted to share this joke of a quote we received from a South FL dealer. Glad we didn't love the vehicle so we don't have to negotiate with these clowns.

When we questioned the MF & RV, we were told MF .00236 & RV 62% applies to 36 mo term.

They applied sales tax to the full car price but shouldn't it only be charged on the portion you're leasing?

Thank you.

whoknew01 said:

Test drove & wanted to share this joke of a quote we received from a South FL dealer. Glad we didn't love the vehicle so we don't have to negotiate with these clowns.

When we questioned the MF & RV, we were told MF .00236 & RV 62% applies to 36 mo term.

They applied sales tax to the full car price but shouldn't it only be charged on the portion you're leasing?

Thank you.

Wow.

Yes, in Florida sales tax is applied to the monthly payment, not the entire selling price.

The base MF is .00160, so the quote of .00236 is putting a lot of money into the dealers pocket.

The extra fees are enormous - $1800 in total. That's $50/mo on the payment right there.

But, it's a new car that's bound to be popular until the early adopters have all gotten one. 6-9 months from now, it will be like any other Lexus.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• flic1flic1 Member Posts: 5
    Thread has been quiet, any updated lease numbers available for the RC?? I test drove an F-Sport in mid-November and the salesman mentioned they won't come down off of MSRP . I think discounting will happen soon if not already, especially dealers with buidling inventory.
    flic1 said:

Thread has been quiet, any updated lease numbers available for the RC?? I test drove an F-Sport in mid-November and the salesman mentioned they won't come down off of MSRP . I think discounting will happen soon if not already, especially dealers with buidling inventory.

No updated numbers ... .00160 MF.

Be patient ... transaction prices are due to come down eventually.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    thinkwell said:

Michaell said:

thinkwell said:

as I prior lexus leasee I can confirm that 740 is tier 1 for lexus. they gave it to me because I was 738. 700 isnt tier one credit anywhere.
    Finallyyyyyyy got a "better" deal on a RC 350 f sport!!! Dealer took $1950 off of MSRP (which was $53,297) and $1500 more for my trade .. (I'm technically in a negative equity situation) so I'm 1500 over my payoff which is better than other dealers offered. $579 mo/ 48 months 12k miles  the mf is higher because of my credit score but the residual is 55%  20k service thrown in/2 free oil changes
    My credit isn't amazing so I don't think the payment is horrible considering that. What do you guys think?
    muajko said:

Finallyyyyyyy got a "better" deal on a RC 350 f sport!!! Dealer took $1950 off of MSRP (which was $53,297) and $1500 more for my trade .. (I'm technically in a negative equity situation) so I'm 1500 over my payoff which is better than other dealers offered. $579 mo/ 48 months 12k miles  the mf is higher because of my credit score but the residual is 55%  20k service thrown in/2 free oil changes
    My credit isn't amazing so I don't think the payment is horrible considering that. What do you guys think?

I think you came out OK ... enjoy the new ride!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    muajko said:

Were you coming off a lease or did you have a trade that you owned? If a lease, was it at the end or did you trade early? I am facing my Lexus lease end late this year and have equity on my lease..
    @carnaught‌  I traded a car I owned. This is my first time leasing so I'm a little nervous but that's good to hear that you have equity! makes me feel a little better lol