Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Torrent Stabilitrak and Traction Control Lights

Comments

• viar4viar4 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent also. A friend was changing a fuse and the next thing I knew, the check stabilitrak, check traction control and ABS lights are all on. Continualy. I took it to a mechanic and no error codes are found. Wondering if panel just needs reset, and what the dealership is going to take me for. I know they wont just reset. Any ideas?

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@viar4 said:
    I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent also. A friend was changing a fuse and the next thing I knew, the check stabilitrak, check traction control and ABS lights are all on. Continualy. I took it to a mechanic and no error codes are found. Wondering if panel just needs reset, and what the dealership is going to take me for. I know they wont just reset. Any ideas?

Hi viar4,

If you'd like to send us your VIN and zip code, I'd be happy to call your local dealership to try and get a better idea of the repair costs. Without them physically seeing your vehicle I can't guarantee that it'll be the exact price, but would be able to get a general idea. If interested, please private message me the requested information and I'd be happy to help.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• torrentsuckstorrentsucks Member Posts: 1

Im having the exact same problem with my 2007 torrent,stability trak comes on ,then low engine power,very dangerous when driving on the highway,i almost got rear-ended when she dropped from 100kms an hour to 30.This problem should be fixed by GM.Had an engine misfire,and found a recall for this problem,fixed by the dealer for free.They replaced the #5 plug and the wires.Wish they would recall the stability trak,seems alot of people are having problems with it.Souldnt have to wait until someone gets hurt for this problem to be rectified.

• jmosierjmosier Member Posts: 1

I have a 2007 torrent as well. The stability trak comes on, low power and the check engine light comes on. I was told that it was the Throttle Assembly causing the issue. Replaced it and did fine for 24 hours and then it started again. Now they say that it is the Throttle Sensor on the gas pedal. The dealership said they have had many complaints about this and does not understand why GM does not do something about it.

• stjtiresstjtires Member Posts: 1

I have a 2007 Torrent and an automotive shop. I have had the "service stabilitrak & service traction control" and chugging issues for 2 years. I spoke with the shop manager at our local GM dealership who informed me that the EGR valve has been redesigned and that I should put an AC Delco one in my car due to those changes. My ASE GM certified brother-in-law & husband will be changing it today. Fingers crossed.

• norma12norma12 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    I have the same problem I have 2007 Pontiac torrent stabilitrak traction system I lose power and suv doesn't move there cars coming in back of me I scared to drive truck dose anybody know if there vehicle was repair and what was the problem because they can't from my problem. Can someone reponse to if there vehicle was fix. [Email remove] can someone please let me know someone.
  • norma12norma12 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Can someone help me please on 2007 Pontiac torrent having problems with my stabilitrak traction control system [Email removed][Phone number removed]

We certainly understand your concerns, norma12, and we're sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your vehicle. If you're interested in having this issue checked at your local GM dealership, we'd be happy to connect you with a service adviser who can help address this matter. If interested, please private message us your VIN, mileage and contact information.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

@norma12 said:
    Can someone help me please on 2007 Pontiac torrent having problems with my stabilitrak traction control system [Email removed][Phone number removed]

• rlogierlogie Member Posts: 1

I too have this problem. Yesterday was the 4th time the stabilitrac, traction control light comes on. The first time I had power loss on an American highway in Ohio, the second 2 I had full power loss on the 401 and Gardiner expressway in Toronto. Last night was the fourth on the 401 again. Throttle body replaced first, then an abs sensor then something else the last time. Band aid solution for something seriously wrong!?  I wondering if it will take my self or another to be injured (God forbid) because of this known issue to get GM to fess up and fix the root problem and not these band aid solutions!!!

• tricia2203tricia2203 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent with low engine power and stabilitrak thing. I am afraid to take it to the dealer because I went once for it and it was the thermostat and they cleaned the throttle sensor and now seeing all the issues with it I am worried about how much this is going to cost. Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening?

I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent with low engine power and stabilitrak thing. I am afraid to take it to the dealer because I went once for it and it was the thermostat and they cleaned the throttle sensor and now seeing all the issues with it I am worried about how much this is going to cost. Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening?

Hi tricia,

We understand you're hesitant to visit the dealership because of the possible cost of repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and certainly recognize this is inconvenient. If you'd like to send your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and dealer name via private message, we'll gladly contact them on your behalf to further discuss your concerns.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • tricia2203tricia2203 Member Posts: 2
    How do I send a personal message to you Amber?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Click on her membername.. and, you'll see options...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Just sent a response via private message, tricia! I look forward to speaking with you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • wielzwielz Member Posts: 1
    had stabilitrack light, come on, first time, wheel speed sensor, second time I put on a cheep EGR valve and then that lasted a year, then the light came on again and put on a better quality EGR valve, The seatbelt light is always coming on, I replaced the rear wiper motor, main fuse for the power steering, sensor on the canister box, drive shaft cause there to stupid to put on grease fittings, both front wheel bearings, now its starting to use oil, overall a cheep rattle box, I don't think I will be buying another GM product
  • ajones10ajones10 Member Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem. My torrent has been in the shop 4 times in the past 2 months each for 5-7 days at a time.  Replaced throttle sensor, changed wires and again today after getting my SUV back 2 days ago I was faced with the stabilitrak light followed by reduced power.  Unfortunately it is not under warranty so all of these repairs are out of my pocket which is not deep enough to mess with going to the shop again.  Even tried more than 1 mechanic to see what they had to say.  Each trip to mechanic is $600+ and getting rediculous!! Not to mention I am terrified to drive my vehicle.  This just started in January after owning the vehicle for 4 years.  Not sure what else to have them look at?  I agree that gm needs to do something as I am clearly not the only one who has had this happen on the interstate at highway speed.
  • korsby1korsby1 Member Posts: 1
    I've had the WORST 2 weeks of my life trying to get my 07 Torrent fixed. It started with an overheating issue that took 4 trips between 2 shops installing new thermostat, manifold, and complete coolant flush to "resolve". But after the 4th visit, my Stablitrac and check engine lights came on and my Power steering went out. I was told that my Power Steering is computer controlled and that it would cost almost $900 to replace (parts+labor). Is there anything else that i can check before I have to take out a small loan just for auto repairs?
  • sarah7964sarah7964 Member Posts: 1
    Terrific. It looks I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I loved my car up until I started having all these little annoying things go wrong. The rear passenger door's lock will sometimes work and sometimes not. I took it in last year for that exact reason, and it was fixed. Now, it's out of warranty, and it's still doing the same thing. Today, the stabilitrak light came on along with the ABS light. Maybe I missed the answer, but why haven't they done a recall because of this? 
  • mary_78mary_78 Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem as everyone else the stabilitrak light and engine light comes i just had thottle body oxygen sensors, front struts,stabilize pins,brakes fronts and back, wheel hub on both side front,even a horn put on this truck = when this was perform the lights came on after i got on the highway going about 60 mph , came off to stand still lights came on and haven't went off i do need spark plugs and wires so i'm going to put them on and then hope of lights going off if not it's time to put in for a small claim against General motor because when that stabilitrak comes on and the steering wheel acts up you can terribly have a accident to where there will cause death to people riding in that car you are responsible for those lives. And before it happens GM has the power to fix it at a cost that will not hurt them but if death happen while under these conditions well it want be good for GM, so i advise you people on these blogs to print them out and the number of complaint it's enough to start a claim or send them all to GM and then to who ever in the News Channel or even the President of the United States because they gave them loans of the peoples money so let make them do something ya'll don't wait for some body to die before doing something.

• gillsgills Member Posts: 1
    I have been having the same problem! It has happened 6 times over the past 4 months. The check stabilitrak light comes on, then engine power is reduced and the check engine light is on. Usually things go back to normal within 24-48 hours except for the check engine light which I reset myself. I have very nearly been rear ended as a result of this happening on the highway. I haven't taken it to anyone yet because GM said I would have to get a diagnostic done and I really don't want to pay for that to be told everything is fine. I also need my car daily for radiation treatments that are 30 minutes away. Is it even worth taking it in since so many people say the problem continues?
  • feli2feli2 Member Posts: 1
    My service traction control light and stabilitrak light came on today, and these comments scare me. I just bought it two months ago and already had to replace the battery. Just hit 84k miles. Not only am I terrified of steering going out, but I can't afford to bleed a bunch of money into it. I feel like I made a huge mistake buying it. Will anyone let me know if there were any recalls?
    Hi feli2,

I certainly understand how frustrating vehicle concerns can become for an owner. We can look into your vehicle's history for you. Please send us a message including your VIN and current mileage for additional information about your inquiry. I look forward to your response and working with you. Have a great weekend.

Marlea W.
    GM Customer Care
  • pont_ownerpont_owner Member Posts: 3
    I bought my car just a few months ago and it was working perfectly fine until last week at one point it felt like it would feel when you're skidding on ice... then abs light, and the stabilitrak and traction control message came on... 
    It doesn't seem like anyone posted a real solution aside from everyone suggesting that gm should do a recall.
    How do I go about fixing this thing? I have children I take in the car and it is dangerous if that skidding thing happens again, I just don't feel safe in this car.
    Please advise.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    What message did it show in the driver information center, if it has one?

If the ABS light is staying on, the ABS, stabilitrak, and traction control
    are not working. It should disable them. So there won't be any false
    attempts to stop wheel spin, e.g..

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Yes all of those are on. I don't understand your last statement...
    imidazol97 said:
    What message did it show in the driver information center, if it has one? If the ABS light is staying on, the ABS, stabilitrak, and traction control are not working. It should disable them. So there won't be any false attempts to stop wheel spin, e.g..

Hi pont_owner,

We're truly sorry to hear your ownership experience hasn't been the best. We see you're requesting additional information from another forum member with regard to your Torrent concerns. This forum is full of great advice from different members, ready to assist you with your vehicle. If you would like for us to reach out to a local dealership to assist you, let us know. Send your VIN, full contact info with the name of the dealer via private message to investigate your concern further.

Marlea W.
    Chevrolet Customer Care
    gmcustsvc said:
    Hi pont_owner, We're truly sorry to hear your ownership experience hasn't been the best. We see you're requesting additional information from another forum member with regard to your Torrent concerns. This forum is full of great advice from different members, ready to assist you with your vehicle. If you would like for us to reach out to a local dealership to assist you, let us know. Send your VIN, full contact info with the name of the dealer via private message to investigate your concern further. Marlea W. Chevrolet Customer Care
    How do I send you this info privately?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

gmcustsvc said:

Hi pont_owner,

We're truly sorry to hear your ownership experience hasn't been the best. We see you're requesting additional information from another forum member with regard to your Torrent concerns. This forum is full of great advice from different members, ready to assist you with your vehicle. If you would like for us to reach out to a local dealership to assist you, let us know. Send your VIN, full contact info with the name of the dealer via private message to investigate your concern further.

Marlea W.
    Chevrolet Customer Care

How do I send you this info privately?

Click on any member's name and it will take you to their home page. From there, you can send a private message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ruby4233ruby4233 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Torrent and 2 1/2 months ago the Service Traction Control, Check Engine and Reduced Engine Power lights came on. Took it to the shop said it was the Throttle Position Sensor that was dirty. They cleaned it, replaced some wires and everything was fine. A few days later it happened again, replaced the TPS this time. Lasted about a week, happened again. Replaced the Throttle Body Assembly. Then a week or so later the ABS and Traction Control lights started coming on. ABS would engage when braking from slow speeds. I let this go for a couple a little bit because at this point I had already spent about $600 in repairs in less than a month, couldn't afford another trip to the shop. Then Reduced Engine Power happened again. Some gasket as leaking and had that replaced. Then it all happened AGAIN. HAd Wheel Speed Sensors replaced. The shop even insulated the TPS because they said that was the only code the car is throwing, even though it was just replaced. They said that water and leaves and things are getting into the area where the TPS is and causing it to throw the code and go into limp mode. After that it was about 2 days before ABS issue started again. That went on for a couple weeks before limp mode came back. Disconnecting and then reconnecting the TPS worked to get it out of limp mode for a while. Then last night it happened again and nothing helped. The engine even stopped turning over. The car is DEAD. Two and a half months and over $1000 later I now have a big paperweight that I still have payments on.
    I can't count the number of times I have almost been in an accident because of this issue. And obviously I'm not the only one. This is because something is wrong with this car. A recall would be nice but I doubt that will happen. (Don't even get me started on the blend door issue from a few years ago that is also common and causes loss of heat and defrosting.) This car is a death trap and I can't wait to get rid of it!
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet that actually fixes it?!?!
  • prettyangryonrprettyangryonr Member Posts: 1
    I'm so ANGRY now after reading all these posts!! I am having the same exact problem with my 08 Torrent. Just purchased in Feb and we had it in there within 2 weeks for the stabilitrak issue .. 4 months later, it's in the shop for the 4th time. Im terrified to drive it for fear it may die in the middle of the street or highway, I have children i transport here and there, I've been missing work because I can't get there - makes it hard to make the car payments, ya know??  I am unsure what to do next and judging from these posts, it doesnt seem like there's anything TO do. We are not even 6 months in to our 6 year contract and Im sobbing because there doesnt seem to be anything we can do. It's our only car and we can't afford another. Do I even bother contacting GM since i dont see any solutions being posted .. No sucess stories. I work for attorneys - maybe that's the way to go. Anyone having ANY luck with repairs or help from GM?? 
  • ngtrider42ngtrider42 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2008 Pontiac torrent  with 125000 miles on it and just recently the stability AK light came on...took it to my mechanic and they reset it and said ifit comes on again they will find out what's going on....the light came on today along with the engine light and they said that it was the egr valve...I replaced my gas cap and drove it around and the engine light went off and now my passenger airbag sensor light came on...can anyone help me out on what to do
  • dsmtuner85dsmtuner85 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my brother’s 2007 Pontiac Torrent with ~68,000 miles about 1.5 months ago and have been having the same types of problems as everyone else. My brother got the car used 4-5 years ago and had spark plug # 5 replaced (this was one of the recalls I believe) and replaced the battery about 2 years ago. Aside from these two things, he claimed he’d had no issues. He only used the vehicle for back-up and drove it to work 1-2 times a week and occasionally used it for short day trips.

Two weeks after I started driving the car, I noticed the “Service Air Bag” light sporadically turn on and off. I also noticed diminished A/C power-the A/C would be on full blast and behaving as though it were on low and its power would randomly increase at times but for the most part, seemed underpowered. About one month into owning the vehicle, I was stopped at a redlight when suddenly I felt a small jolt. It felt like my car had stalled out but it hadn’t, and when I began to drive again the “Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control” lights went on. My vehicle felt like it had less power from then on. Later on that day, I was sitting parked in my car for about 3 minutes when the “Engine Hot-A/C Off” light came on. From there, my A/C then turned off and I couldn’t get it to turn back on. I checked the temperature gauge on my dash and it hadn’t elevated at all. The A/C didn’t work again until I started driving.

I thought that perhaps the A/C could just need a recharge, so later that same day I attempted to get that done and in the process my car had been idling for ~15 minutes and the “Engine Hot-A/C off” button came on again and the temperature gauge on my dash increased to its max. I then noticed that the fans weren’t working at all. Previously I had noted them working when at rest so I knew that this was a more recent occurrence. I then checked the fan and A/C relays and they were fine.

I stopped driving the car regularly after that and made an appointment with a dealership to have it looked at. That appointment is in 4 days from now. I am hoping to get in touch with a GM rep who can assist in this matter.
    In the meantime, I drove the car around for ~20 minutes and the temperature gauge on my dash started increasing. When I returned home, I checked the car’s battery life with a voltmeter which told me it had low battery. I then recharged it. The next day I went to unlock the car with the clicker and it didn’t work-I had to unlock it with the key. Then the electric locks on the door didn’t work and I knew the battery had died. Since the battery was purchased only two years ago, this concerns me given everyone else’s complaints. I question if these issues will ever be remedied completely, but hope for the best.
  • dixiegirl76dixiegirl76 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent and this weekend my traction control light started coming on. My husband said it sounded a little weak with him when he turned the key. I have not had any other lights come on, but the TC light came on again this morning with me. Any suggestions on this problem? Could it be a simple fix? I don't have the extra money to put it in the shop.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Maybe you could get a free scan at Autozone or OReilly's. It might give you the hint you need. Hopefully just a wheel sensor, but there are a lot of possibilities.
  • kat73622kat73622 Member Posts: 1
    2007 Pontiac Torrent ~ Messages & Lights On: Service Stabilitrac ; Stabilitrak Off ; Check Engine Light ; Service Traction Control.
    Power steering went out & have already paid to have codes checked, power steering reprogrammed, and codes cleared. No parts were involved in this fix. (over $400)
    Lights all came back on within 2 months.
    I just called GM ~ Was asked to take it to Dealership for Diagnostic Scan (At my expense). If the code matches the Spark Plug code, all costs will be taken care of by GM.
    If it does not match this code, I have to pay for all repairs and Diagnostic Scan.
    Single income family here.... I cannot keep dumping money into this vehicle. I am a die hard GM fan, until this.
    Obviously, this is a HUGE issue, that's been going on, since the manufacture of this vehicle. This is NOT good customer service.
    Can someone at GM please offer some assistance in figuring out what the problem really is, and taking care of their customers?
  • seacruiserbabeseacruiserbabe Member Posts: 2
    Clicking on any moderator name is not bringing up options to send a message, please advise.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2015
    When you click any member's name, you should be taken to their Profile and you'll see a Message Box on the upper part of the Profile page, like so:

Clicking the Message icon will open a box where you can send a private message to other members here. The mods will also have their Edmunds email listed there. Hope this helps!
  • paulstorrentpaulstorrent Member Posts: 1
    An article on the internet reveals the following:The traction control system reduces engine torque and applies the brakes to a slipping wheel to improve traction. Since improper EGR flow can affect how the engine runs, the PCM automatically shuts down the traction control system when it sets these types of “P” codes. So don’t worry about the C0561 code. That’s expected when other “P” codes are present.
    A shop would connect a scan tool and examine the commanded EGR value and compare it to the actual opening. Since you probably don’t own a high end scan tool, remove the EGR valve and check for carbon buildup on the valve and in the EGR passages in the manifold. Clean the valve and EGR passages. Then clear the codes and drive the vehicle. If the check engine light stays off, you’re good to go. If not, replace the EGR valve
  • dknk240dknk240 Member Posts: 1
    I had a 99 Chevrolet blazer, I've always been a Chevy/GM girl & family. My husband and I don't make much, actually I lost my job after I had my baby and they wouldn't let me come back part time instead of full. We have 2 kids one is 8 the other is 3months. My husband and I had saved some money and decided it was time to find me a newer, nicer and safer car than my 99 blazer. However, I think I want my blazer back :(! We bought a 2008 torrent and although I like how it looks, it drives well and being a car seat safety mom the back seat is perfect for car seats...I'm shocked at the quality. I wish we had payed more attention to the entire car than just making sure the 'motor' was ok. With 140k miles on it we realize wear and tear is NORMAL but these issues are just crazy. 
    Traction control light is on, check engine light is on, two door handles are broke(we have to roll down the window and open that way to get out), passenger side rear door no longer locks, passenger side seat no longer works at all my husband had to force it and it's stuck there leaving my poor 8yr old little room :(, the steering column feels loose and makes a noise when I hit bumps like it's just loose I'm not sure, the driver side window keeps coming off the track...I feel like as time goes on im finding more and more wrong with it :(! Also, the readings on the dash are wrong, tire pressure is off among other things and can't get a keyless entry to set up with it, which would be sooo helpful with 2 kids. Sadly we have zero way to replace or work on it, we don't really have the money for repairs so here I am stuck with this vehicle that I do like but I fear the issues in reading above since mine seems to be having similar symptoms. My husband owns a 2012 Chevy Silverado and a 2000? GM pick up as well and the quality in these and my 99 blazer out eat this 2008 and that just should not be the case here! It's heartbreaking for me because it's what I HAVE to drive now and I worry especially on the highway or pulling out into oncoming traffic to get out... I just feel unsure with it. I guess when we can we will start with checking the EGR valve and go from there. 
  • cruisin3cruisin3 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the forum! Wish the reports on the Torrent were better. Have a 2007 Torrent with about 135,000 miles and only owned it for 6 months. Bought it for my son who loves the handling, size, coolness of the rig. However, after the problems he is having and reading this forum, I am alarmed at the safety of the vehicle. Stabilitrack error messages are being displayed and a chugging happening with the engine like the brakes are being applied. Also, the airbag light is on as well as the tire icon with a warning symbol inside is displayed. Have had two mechanics scan for error codes with little result as the codes display and clear at will. I will check the EGR valve and the wiring harness. He drives alone throughout the rural state we live in to school as well as clear across the state, roughly 350 miles and the comments about the steering becoming a safety issues is very alarming. Wonder where I can go to report the safety issues. I will work on that one.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's where to File a Vehicle Safety Complaint with the NHTSB.
  • SHERES37SHERES37 Member Posts: 1
    I have read many complaints about this same issue. It first started with my car slowing down, didn't matter how hard you press the gas it will not move. Then after letting it set of a minute/cooldown, it will ride for a few miles then complete stop with the engine still running. I notice a hot smell coming from under the hood.
    The traction control light and stabilitrack state that it needs service. When I drive it the brakes stop the car on its own. I took the car to GMC and it cost me $1700 for them to fix brake pressure module, brake electric control panel, I replaced hub bearings and the problem is still there. Since those things were replaced, I can drive a little longer without the hub bearings. I took my car to GMC 3 times. And my airbag light is on and they said that need to be replaced, How when it was never used.
  • laurah89laurah89 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the SAME issue ! My abs light stays  on and It's asking me to service stabilitrack! My lights won't go off ,I'm hoping it's a sensor  issue but with winter approaching I'm very scared! Is my abc breaks disabled ? Thought this would be a safe winter vehicle for my 8 year old son and myself , not a money pit that I can't afford to fix! There is comments from 2010 on this topic it's 2017 now. Why aren't they doing anything.  Has Anyone actually had the issue fixed and how much did it roughly cost them? 
  • mguilasmguilas Member Posts: 1
    I was driving my kids to school after a few miles driving the car suddenly stopped for no known reason even my scanner couldn't figured it out what seems to be problem the car is ready and no codes but wont start. Only Pontiac Torrent manufacturer can solve their  mysterious car problem and we need it fast and free of charges for the trouble that you brought to the consumers that believed and supported your business.Put some pride to your works and fix this undetected mistakes.
  • frank_48frank_48 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue with the ABS Stabilitrak and Traction Control light on my Pontiac Torrent 2007 105,000 miles with . I have replaced so far the EGR, rear shocks, rear brake discs, rear break pads, rear wheel bearing and sensors and two pairs of rear tires. Every Time the ABS light comes on, my car losses power and does not move.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this problem.
  • Flyingfox52Flyingfox52 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2007 pontiac torrent with approx 55000 original miles and the stabilitrak light, check engine light, service air bag light and loss of power....has there been any recalls or fixes for these issues
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    This problem could have many causes and it needs a careful diagnosis. There is no one thing to look for--Stabilitrak is a "system" and various sensors, modules or components could be responsible.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    First check would be battery, power lead connections, and ground connections. Then unclamp and reclamp the wire bundle going to the computer. Last check would be the leads for the throttle valve on the engine, assuming it's a drive-by-wire setup. The heat deteriorates the leads and the connectors of some of those on various GM products of that era, which leads to all kinds of errors. It's called fretting of the connections.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ImalabilImalabil Member Posts: 2
    So does anyone know where I can get a copy of PIT-4756/NHTSA 10028186 reference early in this thread? Would like to see where this wire bundle may be chaffing. I see a bundle wedged between the trans case and a bracket holding a shift linkage (or TV cable), don't know if that's the one in question.