Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
edited July 2015 in Volvo
Ask your 2016 XC90 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    Can you tell me MF and Residual for 36mo 12k and 10k lease?
    Also, does Volvo do MSD's or Single Payment Leases? Thanks!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    dallasman said:

Can you tell me MF and Residual for 36mo 12k and 10k lease?
    Also, does Volvo do MSD's or Single Payment Leases? Thanks!!

.00150 MF and 59%/60% residual for Momentum..

Add 1% for R-Design, Subtract 2% for Inscription.

I'm sure Volvo does single payment leases, but haven't heard anyone do MSDs. I don't have details on either, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctdanctdan Member Posts: 38
    I am trying to figure out lease on Inscription, 39mo with 15k. What is MF and Residual for that combo?

Dealer wont move on MSRP but i can get $1000 Volvo loyalty for turning in my 2011 xc90. He said they wont honor USAA disc on this vehicle. I'm pretty sure if I shopped around I can find someone who would.

It appears they are trying to create a somewhat artificial demand. They only had 1 in the lot for test drives and 1 in the showroom that they are "not allowed to sell" yet when I expressed interest in that vehicle (same options, color, etc.) i got the old....i spoke to my mgr who called the regional GM and I can sell/lease you the one on the floor, BUT when other sales people find out it wont be here for long, yadda, yadda,

Anyway we sat down to run numbers and they seemed way too high for this car. I had not done any homework beforehand because I didnt think I would like the new xc90, but I must say i was impressed and if we can work out reasonable numbers i'll probably go back and get it.

Also he said that I would qualify for full tax credit with my 2011 xc90 trade in, what exactly does that mean and what impact would that have on my payment (in Fairfield County,CT).

Thx
    ctdan said:

I am trying to figure out lease on Inscription, 39mo with 15k. What is MF and Residual for that combo?

Dealer wont move on MSRP but i can get $1000 Volvo loyalty for turning in my 2011 xc90. He said they wont honor USAA disc on this vehicle. I'm pretty sure if I shopped around I can find someone who would.

It appears they are trying to create a somewhat artificial demand. They only had 1 in the lot for test drives and 1 in the showroom that they are "not allowed to sell" yet when I expressed interest in that vehicle (same options, color, etc.) i got the old....i spoke to my mgr who called the regional GM and I can sell/lease you the one on the floor, BUT when other sales people find out it wont be here for long, yadda, yadda,

Anyway we sat down to run numbers and they seemed way too high for this car. I had not done any homework beforehand because I didnt think I would like the new xc90, but I must say i was impressed and if we can work out reasonable numbers i'll probably go back and get it.

Also he said that I would qualify for full tax credit with my 2011 xc90 trade in, what exactly does that mean and what impact would that have on my payment (in Fairfield County,CT).

Thx

.00150 MF and 53% residual.

Not sure how tax credits work in CT, but it sounds like he is saying there would be no tax due on the lease.

No discount? I'd wait, or choose something else. When you see their quote, you'll see why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctdanctdan Member Posts: 38
    Appreicate the insight @kyfdx - no way I am going to shell out almost 1100/mo on a lease for an XC90. I realize I can put money down to lower pymt but personally I don't think it makes sense to put money down on a lease.

Think I am going to check out the BMW X5 next.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    ctdan said:

Appreicate the insight @kyfdx - no way I am going to shell out almost 1100/mo on a lease for an XC90. I realize I can put money down to lower pymt but personally I don't think it makes sense to put money down on a lease.

Think I am going to check out the BMW X5 next.

X5 will lease better, but only slightly. I've been seeing payments between $700-900/mo depending on options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dwill2dwill2 Member Posts: 11
    Do you have the August MF and residual numbers for the XC90? I'd be looking at 36 month/12,000 mile, not sure which of the 3 trims yet. Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Millennial (age 18-34) who leased a luxury car within the last year. If you're able to help, please send your details to pr@edmunds.com by no later than August 4, 2015.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

dwill2 said:

Do you have the August MF and residual numbers for the XC90? I'd be looking at 36 month/12,000 mile, not sure which of the 3 trims yet. Thanks.

.00136 MF and

R-Design: 60% residual
    Momentum: 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 2016xc902016xc90 Member Posts: 13
    Looking to estimate my payments for a Momentum Plus, either 36 or 48 month, 10k miles. I'll have a total of $5k towards the deal between a deposit and trade in. It's sitting on the lot waiting for this airbag stuff to clear. 
    2016xc90 said:

Looking to estimate my payments for a Momentum Plus, either 36 or 48 month, 10k miles. I'll have a total of $5k towards the deal between a deposit and trade in. It's sitting on the lot waiting for this airbag stuff to clear. 

Not enough information .. what is the MSRP and the negotiated selling price? How much of the $5K will go to cap cost reduction?

Current lease numbers are .00136 and 60% for 36/10; .00142 and 52% for 48/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• geeldeegeeldee Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    I was quoted for xc90 momentum plus with a price of 55,255.00. Numbers they came back with for lease were 2k down @ 915.24 (per month) 5K down @ 823.99 and 671.91 at 10k down. This was for 36 months/10k miles.

These seemed really high to me so I walked (and they were unwilling to budge). With that price I thought it'd be closer to sub-700 with 5k down or 814 with no money down. Or is it my numbers that are way off and not theirs?

This is in Los Angele County.

Thanks all the help!
    geeldee said:

I was quoted for xc90 momentum plus with a price of 55,255.00. Numbers they came back with for lease were 2k down @ 915.24 (per month) 5K down @ 823.99 and 671.91 at 10k down. This was for 36 months/10k miles.

These seemed really high to me so I walked (and they were unwilling to budge). With that price I thought it'd be closer to sub-700 with 5k down or 814 with no money down. Or is it my numbers that are way off and not theirs?

This is in Los Angele County.

Thanks all the help!

It's a brand new model and they are maxing out their profit margins..
    I'd buy the vehicle before I'd lease at those prices...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    Could you tell me the MF and residual for the inscription and momentum - 10K miles and 24 months. Thanks!
    dalema said:

Could you tell me the MF and residual for the inscription and momentum - 10K miles and 24 months. Thanks!

.00108 MF
    66% residual for Momentum
    65% residual for Inscription

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    kyfdx said:

dalema said:

.00108 MF

And if could trouble you for the 36 month of these as well.
    dalema said:

kyfdx said:

dalema said:

.00108 MF

And if could trouble you for the 36 month of these as well.
    .00136 MF
    60%
    58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ROMILROMIL Member Posts: 111
    Please post MF/Residual for a 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription in NV for a 36 mo/10K lease.
    2018 Honda Accord Touring
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
    ROMIL said:

Please post MF/Residual for a 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription in NV for a 36 mo/10K lease.

.00136 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• blmossblmoss Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help here!  How about MF / Residual for Momentum Plus 12K / 36 month and 15K in Texas. Thx!
    blmoss said:

Thanks for the help here!  How about MF / Residual for Momentum Plus 12K / 36 month and 15K in Texas. Thx!

.00136 and 57% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dwill2dwill2 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, do you have October MF and residual for Momentum 36 month / 12k and 15k? Thanks!
    dwill2 said:

Hi, do you have October MF and residual for Momentum 36 month / 12k and 15k? Thanks!

.00136 and 57% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rob34rob34 Member Posts: 58
    In Seattle, 36 or 39 month lease, whichever is better monthly payments, 10,000 miles per year, looking at xc90 r-design. what should my monthly payment be with 10% tax? Also, are they negotiating at all on the MSRP? Was just quoted $55,355 which is sticker price, 39 month, 58% residual, $1275 for first payment, $848.45 inc tax after that. Money factor .00170. I know this is high but what should i ask for and where should the monthly payment be including tax? another dealer quoted 0 cash due and $827 a month for 39 months but have no other details. Thanks for your help!
    rob34 said:

In Seattle, 36 or 39 month lease, whichever is better monthly payments, 10,000 miles per year, looking at xc90 r-design. what should my monthly payment be with 10% tax? Also, are they negotiating at all on the MSRP? Was just quoted $55,355 which is sticker price, 39 month, 58% residual, $1275 for first payment, $848.45 inc tax after that. Money factor .00170. I know this is high but what should i ask for and where should the monthly payment be including tax? another dealer quoted 0 cash due and $827 a month for 39 months but have no other details. Thanks for your help!

.00120 MF and 60% (36/10) or 58% (39/10). Dealer is marking up the MF on you for extra profit.

Can't help you with pricing, but assuming that MSRP and net cap cost are the same, I get a payment of $771/mo with 10% tax added in when I use the base MF.

The pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) should give you some idea of the discounts that may be available. Also, read back through this forum to see what others have negotiated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks! The $771 is based on 36 or 39 month? Including tax? so the 36 month has a higher residual yet lower monthly payment than 39 month because they quoted me the opposite.
    i see you added the tax.
    rob34 said:

Thanks! The $771 is based on 36 or 39 month? Including tax? so the 36 month has a higher residual yet lower monthly payment than 39 month because they quoted me the opposite.

$771/mo is the 39 month payment. If I switch to the 36 month residual and term, payment jumps to $794/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

so the 36 month payment has a higher money factor?
    rob34 said:

so the 36 month payment has a higher money factor?

No.. same money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hld1978hld1978 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone having any luck negotiating any $ off MSRP? Any idea what a reasonable 39 month lease payment is for XC90 momentum ($54,625 MSRP) with 12k per year?
  • jhnlandersjhnlanders Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2015
    @kyfdxDo you have numbers for 24/15 and 36/15 for all available XC90 packages?

Our local dealership (west coast), has quite a few XC90 packages available. I am curious to see how their offers measure up compared to those listed on forum. Will post findings. Thank you for your help.

@kyfdxDo you have numbers for 24/15 and 36/15 for all available XC90 packages?

Our local dealership (west coast), has quite a few XC90 packages available. I am curious to see how their offers measure up compared to those listed on forum. Will post findings. Thank you for your help.

.00067 MF for 24 months, .00084 for 36 months

Momentum: 60%/54%
    R-Design: 61%/55%
    First Edition: 57%/49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jgarveyatljgarveyatl Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2015
    Trying to figure out what type of incentive and MF is offered on the current XC90 momentum and inscription lease deals. Details provided here and reproduced below

XC90 T6 AWD Momentum Plus
    Lease Term: 39 mo
    Lease Pyt: $599/mo
    Downpayment: $4,599
    Miles: 10K/mo
    MSRP: $53,255
    Dest fee included
    MF: ??
    Residual: ?? (if 58% per above posts, $30,888)
    Incentive: ??

XC90 T6 AWD Inscription
    Lease Pyt: $649/mo
    Downpayment: $4,675
    MSRP: $56,955
    Dest fee included
    Residual: ?? (at 58%, $33,034)

Trying to figure out what type of incentive and MF is offered on the current XC90 momentum and inscription lease deals. Details provided here and reproduced below

XC90 T6 AWD Momentum Plus
    Lease Pyt: $599/mo
    Downpayment: $4,599
    MSRP: $53,255
    Dest fee included
    Residual: ?? (if 58% per above posts, $30,888)

XC90 T6 AWD Inscription
    Lease Pyt: $649/mo
    Downpayment: $4,675
    MSRP: $56,955
    Dest fee included
    Residual: ?? (at 58%, $33,034)

39/10 numbers:
    Momentum - .00120 and 57%
    Inscription - .00120 and 55%
    No lease cash.

Would need to know the selling price and the breakdown of the down payment in order to fully comment on your quotes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pmyers85pmyers85 Member Posts: 2
    I have checked with a few local dealers in DFW area and am not seeing anywhere close to these type of deals. Most representatives have stopped responding to me after asking about MF and residual - they will only quote you a lease price. Does anyone know of dealers that will offer the types of deals mentioned in this forum to an out-of-state lessee?

Thanks (and apologies if this is a stupid question).
    pmyers85 said:

I have checked with a few local dealers in DFW area and am not seeing anywhere close to these type of deals. Most representatives have stopped responding to me after asking about MF and residual - they will only quote you a lease price. Does anyone know of dealers that will offer the types of deals mentioned in this forum to an out-of-state lessee?

No such thing as a stupid question.

What's the worst that could happen if you reached out to a dealer in Houston, or San Antonio, or New Orleans? It only takes one dealer to agree to your terms.

That said, the XC90 is new and popular, so good deals seem to be few and far between.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pmyers85pmyers85 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

pmyers85 said:

No such thing as a stupid question.

What's the worst that could happen if you reached out to a dealer in Houston, or San Antonio, or New Orleans? It only takes one dealer to agree to your terms.

That said, the XC90 is new and popular, so good deals seem to be few and far between.
    Thanks and I am doing that. I plan on contacting Houston, Austin and Tulsa. I was just hoping that someone would know of a dealer that has been good to work with and that would work with an out of stater.
  • cbarba80cbarba80 Member Posts: 44
    I was wondering what was the latest MF and Residual for a new xc90 base model (momentum I think) for 36 mo and 12k. Also does Volvo do security deposits like BMW does (in order to drive down the MF)? Also I saw the numbers listed above ".00067 MF for 24 months, .00084 for 36 months" are those real MF numbers?! they seem very low to everything else? Basically I am trying to lease it for about $550 a month with little to nothing down, but from what I am reading that seems impossible, thanks in advance!
    cbarba80 said:

I was wondering what was the latest MF and Residual for a new xc90 base model (momentum I think) for 36 mo and 12k. Also does Volvo do security deposits like BMW does (in order to drive down the MF)? Also I saw the numbers listed above ".00067 MF for 24 months, .00084 for 36 months" are those real MF numbers?! they seem very low to everything else? Basically I am trying to lease it for about $550 a month with little to nothing down, but from what I am reading that seems impossible, thanks in advance!

.00084 and 56% for 36/12 on the Momentum trim.

Those are the real numbers :smile:

Volvo does not have an MSD program.

Would need to know the MSRP and net cap cost in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• blackpaperblackpaper Member Posts: 9
    Anyone have 24/10 and 30/10 MF and residual numbers for December on the various models?

Anyone have 24/10 and 30/10 MF and residual numbers for December on the various models?

We don't have the Volvo numbers for December

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rboilardrboilard Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2015
    I've been looking at the new XC90, want to trade in my 07 GL450 and use that as a cap reduction. Was quoted, with a value of about $14,000, $520 a month on a 39 month 10,000 lease. Residual of $33,175 for an Inscription sticker at $60,315. I know I shouldn't put that much towards the lease, but does the deal look fair?
  • cbarba80cbarba80 Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2015
    MSRP 51,355, selling price 49,000 for the 36/12 momentum, I'm getting about 676.21 a month, does that sounds correct? Im in Los Angeles and putting nothing down except TTL and Acquisition.
    Michaell said:

cbarba80 said:

.00084 and 56% for 36/12 on the Momentum trim.

Those are the real numbers :smile:

Volvo does not have an MSD program.

Would need to know the MSRP and net cap cost in order to model a payment.
    edited December 2015
    Hopefully making a decision soon, so I'll put the numbers like others have it.
    XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Residual that was given me was $31,175
    Payment around $520
    Sound correct to the experts out there?
    Thanks

rboilard said:

XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Payment around $520
    Thanks

We don't have any Volvo numbers for December. How much of the trade equity are you using as cap cost reduction? We recommend $0, as if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2015
    Michaell said:

rboilard said:

XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Payment around $520
    Thanks

We don't have any Volvo numbers for December. How much of the trade equity are you using as cap cost reduction? We recommend $0, as if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.
    I was going to use the $14,000 as a Cap Reduction....at lease end we will roll the dice on whether to purchase or not.I realize that money is gone, but as time passes that $14,000 will shrink if not already.
    rboilard said:

Michaell said:

rboilard said:

XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Payment around $520
    Thanks

I was going to use the $14,000 as a Cap Reduction....at lease end we will roll the dice on whether to purchase or not.I realize that money is gone, but as time passes that $14,000 will shrink if not already.
    I'd have the dealer cut you a check for your trade equity. You can invest it, or use it to augment your (now) higher lease payment.

$14,000 / 39 = $359/mo alone, so are you telling me that your payment without the equity would be $880/mo? That seems expensive for a $60K SUV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2015
    Michaell said:

rboilard said:

Michaell said:

rboilard said:

XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Payment around $520
    Thanks

I'd have the dealer cut you a check for your trade equity. You can invest it, or use it to augment your (now) higher lease payment.

$14,000 / 39 = $359/mo alone, so are you telling me that your payment without the equity would be $880/mo? That seems expensive for a $60K SUV.
    I agree, it would be nice to get a check back. As far as the payment of $520 that was the number based on $1000 discount and $14,000 Cap reduction. Leaving a residual of $31,175. If the payment did end up in the $360 range I would certainly take a check for the trade equity and bump the payment up. I'm having another dealer look into the same deal with the same number to see where they end up. I never had them price the lease with out the $14,000 but I remember a while back a number of $869 when I first started looking. Just received a sheet with the MF at .001200 and Residual at 55.
    rboilard said:

Michaell said:

rboilard said:

Michaell said:

rboilard said:

XC90 Inscription
    MSRP $60,315
    $1000 off so $59,315
    Using a trade $14,000
    on a 39/10
    Payment around $520
    Thanks

I agree, it would be nice to get a check back. As far as the payment of $520 that was the number based on $1000 discount and $14,000 Cap reduction. Leaving a residual of $31,175. If the payment did end up in the $360 range I would certainly take a check for the trade equity and bump the payment up. I'm having another dealer look into the same deal with the same number to see where they end up. I never had them price the lease with out the $14,000 but I remember a while back a number of $869 when I first started looking. Just received a sheet with the MF at .001200 and Residual at 55.
    It's your discretion to get the equity returned to you, not the dealers. Just means the lease payment will go up.

As noted, we don't have any Volvo numbers, so can't tell you if the .00120 MF is marked up or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator