Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Sorry, but we didn't get the Hyundai lease numbers for June

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ph2010ph2010 Member Posts: 15
    Did you ever get these numbers guys? Looking to pull trigger today and want to make sure I have best possible info
    ph2010 said:

Did you ever get these numbers guys? Looking to pull trigger today and want to make sure I have best possible info

Sorry, but we don't have them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ph2010 said:

Just wanted to see if there were any changes now that we are in June?

So lease rates for 36/12 for FWD GLS and FWD Limited, and current lease incentives? Have not pulled trigger yet but very interested

GLS: .00054 MF and 59% residual. $1750 lease cash.
    LTD: .00069 MF and 58% residual. $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    Can you confirm this is the same did the AWD limited? 0.00069 and 58% for 36/12?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    Can you confirm this is the same did the AWD limited? 0.00069 and 58% for 36/12?
    .00083 and 59% for limited AWD. $1750 lease cash. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:
    Thanks. Just got a negotiated price of 35,790 on a fully loaded limited AWD w msrp of 42,100. No money down. Seems like a good price to pull trigger on considering the numbers above which look favorable to historicals. Thoughts?
    Michaell said:
    Thanks. Just got a negotiated price of 35,790 on a fully loaded limited AWD w msrp of 42,100. No money down. Seems like a good price to pull trigger on considering the numbers above which look favorable to historicals. Thoughts?
    If you're comfortable with the selling price and you're getting the base MF, then you should be good to go. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

kyfdx said:
    Just wanted to see if there were any changes now that we are in June? So lease rates for 36/12 for FWD GLS and FWD Limited, and current lease incentives? Have not pulled trigger yet but very interested
    GLS: .00054 MF and 59% residual. $1750 lease cash. LTD: .00069 MF and 58% residual. $1750 lease cash.
    I'm going now can you confirm this is the same for the AWD limited? 0.00069 and 58%?
  • ryanbdkryanbdk Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    Do you have July MF & Residual for Santa Fe, 2015, Limited, Ultimate Package, AWD, 36months, 12k miles?

Really appreciate the info. All post are very very helpful!!!!
    ryanbdk said:

Do you have July MF & Residual for Santa Fe, 2015, Limited, Ultimate Package, AWD, 36months, 12k miles?

Really appreciate the info. All post are very very helpful!!!!

.00083 MF and 59% residual. $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kwebb164kwebb164 Member Posts: 5
    Requesting July MF & Residual for Santa Fe Sport with all packages 36m/12k. Thanks!!
    kwebb164 said:

Requesting July MF & Residual for Santa Fe Sport with all packages 36m/12k. Thanks!!

Which engine? AWD or FWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry FWD.
    kwebb164 said:

Sorry FWD.

2.4 or 2.0T?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2015
    Sorry FWD. 2.0T
    kwebb164 said:

Sorry FWD. 2.0T

2015 Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.0T - .00018 and 54%. $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bfactor84bfactor84 Member Posts: 27
    July MF, Residuals and incentives for FWD GLS and LTD (both with Ultimate package) in SE Florida (33324) please?
    bfactor84 said:

July MF, Residuals and incentives for FWD GLS and LTD (both with Ultimate package) in SE Florida (33324) please?

Lease term? Miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

bfactor84 said:

Oops ..... forgot vital info ...

36/10
    36/12
    36/15

24/10
    24/12
    24/15

Thanks,
    bfactor84 said:

Michaell said:

bfactor84 said:

Oops ..... forgot vital info ...

36/10
    36/12
    36/15

24/10
    24/12
    24/15

Thanks,
    No 24 month programs from Hyundai ....

GLS 36/15 - .00054 and 57%

Limited 36/15 - .00069 and 57%

Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K

$1750 lease cash for both trim levels

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Is the lease cash same as the following incentives (or a combination of incentives on hyundaiusa.com)

Customer cash back $ 500
    Retail Bonus Case $ 1000
    Valued Owner Coupon $ 750
    Competitive owner coupon $ 750

Or is the lease cash separate and I can add these coupons on top of the $1,750?
    bfactor84 said:

Is the lease cash same as the following incentives (or a combination of incentives on hyundaiusa.com)

Customer cash back $ 500
    Retail Bonus Case $ 1000

Some of those incentives above are for purchase only and cannot be combined with the lease cash. Use the "car research" tab at the top of the page to link to the current incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

bfactor84 said:

Customer cash back $ 500
    Retail Bonus Case $ 1000

Some of those incentives above are for purchase only and cannot be combined with the lease cash. Use the "car research" tab at the top of the page to link to the current incentives.
    Thank you for providing all the information.You guys are awesome!
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2015
    Michael can you please share numbers for Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD with all packages? 36/12 and 36/10. Technically a 2016 model we are eyeing but I'm not sure if your numbers would differ for 2015?

Michael can you please share numbers for Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD with all packages? 36/12 and 36/10. Technically a 2016 model we are eyeing but I'm not sure if your numbers would differ for 2015?

We have both 2015 and 2016 numbers

36/12:
    2016 Sport 2.4 AWD - .00111 and 56%
    2015 Sport 2.4 AWD - .00044 and 53%. $1750 lease cash.

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Could you give me the numbers on a GLS/Limited 36/12 AWD Sante Fe? Both with ultimate package. Thank you.

Could you give me the numbers on a GLS/Limited 36/12 AWD Sante Fe? Both with ultimate package. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but we don't have any Hyundai numbers for August

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• finns2000finns2000 Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to share my experience if it might help someone else out. I really enjoy these type of negotiations and don't mind creating or negotiating under tension. I know I'm definitely walking out without a deal that day before I even walk in there. I actually walked out twice in two weeks. It definitely helped that I was in no rush to buy, except I was trying to pick up one of a handful of leftover 2015's.
    I got a 2015 Santa Fe Limited (Ultimate Pkg) 36/15k lease for $386/mth. It had an msrp of $41,050 & I paid about 35,250. They used the same July lease #'s (.00069 and 57%) for August.
    I went by the dealership twice over a 2 week period. I walked out both times without a deal only to have the sales manager call me back the next day. I also emailed a different dealer asking for their best offer on a lease. Both dealers refused to show me the lease math, but I had mine memorized (on my phone). Both dealers inflated the .00069 money factor to .00196 for their first offer. I found that to be pretty interesting. I called them out on it, but they wouldn't acknowledge that I knew the actual money factor until the 3rd offer. The salesman even told me the sales manager yelled at him for talking to me about the money factor. He thought he told me what it was supposed to be. Lol. After the sales manager called me both those times he realized I came prepared.
    For any TrueCar fans, I used their pricing as a reference from the beginning and afterwards I saw that my deal would be considered exceptional. I paid 1st months that night of the deal. I wrote a check for $500 and the other $114 was money down on the deal.
    I just wanted to say thanks to kyfdx & Michaell for all they do on these forums. So Thanks!
    finns2000 said:

Just wanted to share my experience if it might help someone else out. I really enjoy these type of negotiations and don't mind creating or negotiating under tension. I know I'm definitely walking out without a deal that day before I even walk in there. I actually walked out twice in two weeks. It definitely helped that I was in no rush to buy, except I was trying to pick up one of a handful of leftover 2015's.
    I got a 2015 Santa Fe Limited (Ultimate Pkg) 36/15k lease for $386/mth. It had an msrp of $41,050 & I paid about 35,250. They used the same July lease #'s (.00069 and 57%) for August.
    I went by the dealership twice over a 2 week period. I walked out both times without a deal only to have the sales manager call me back the next day. I also emailed a different dealer asking for their best offer on a lease. Both dealers refused to show me the lease math, but I had mine memorized (on my phone). Both dealers inflated the .00069 money factor to .00196 for their first offer. I found that to be pretty interesting. I called them out on it, but they wouldn't acknowledge that I knew the actual money factor until the 3rd offer. The salesman even told me the sales manager yelled at him for talking to me about the money factor. He thought he told me what it was supposed to be. Lol. After the sales manager called me both those times he realized I came prepared.
    For any TrueCar fans, I used their pricing as a reference from the beginning and afterwards I saw that my deal would be considered exceptional. I paid 1st months that night of the deal. I wrote a check for $500 and the other $114 was money down on the deal.
    I just wanted to say thanks to kyfdx & Michaell for all they do on these forums. So Thanks!

Looks like a solid deal; thanks for checking back in.

Enjoy your new Santa Fe!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chico_panchochico_pancho Member Posts: 1
    Michaell,
    thanks for your post. I'm new to leasing and would like to execute on a 2015 santa fe limited fully loaded.

can someone please provide the current numbers for the the above and 12000 miles.
    Also need the numbers for the 2015 santa fe sport with 12k -
    thank you.

Michaell,
    thanks for your post. I'm new to leasing and would like to execute on a 2015 santa fe limited fully loaded.

can someone please provide the current numbers for the the above and 12000 miles.
    Also need the numbers for the 2015 santa fe sport with 12k -
    thank you.

We don't have any August numbers for Hyundai, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bobbybob718bobbybob718 Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2015
    Hi Michael,

Could you please let me know the latest (August if available) MF and residual for 2015 and 2016 AWD Santa Fe GLS (36 months/12K miles)?

State: Utah

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Could you please let me know the latest (August if available) MF and residual for 2015 and 2016 AWD Santa Fe GLS (36 months/12K miles)?

Thanks!

We never got any August lease numbers from Hyundai, sorry. Perhaps in September ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bobbybob718bobbybob718 Member Posts: 12
    Michaell said:

Hi Michael,

Thanks!

We never got any August lease numbers from Hyundai, sorry. Perhaps in September ....
    Could you please let me know the July numbers? Thanks!

Michaell said:

Hi Michael,

Thanks!

Could you please let me know the July numbers? Thanks!
    They've expired ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Hello, do we have the latest MF/residual/incentives for NJ:
    2016 Santa Fe SE AWD
    - Premium only
    - Premium/Ultimate package

for 36M, 15K and 18K lease?
    kokos7 said:

Hello, do we have the latest MF/residual/incentives for NJ:
    2016 Santa Fe SE AWD
    - Premium only
    - Premium/Ultimate package

for 36M, 15K and 18K lease?

We didn't get any Hyundai numbers for August, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• badshopperbadshopper Member Posts: 18
    We've been with Hyundai for years and considered leasing our next one until we drove the new Santa Fe. We currently have an '09 Limited and was hoping to get a car similar to that, but the new design is not our taste, the rear visibility is terrible and it's closer to the ground more like a car, less like a SUV. We live in Northeast Ohio and need a SUV that can get over the snow since they don't blow our streets.

What are other mid size SUV's that have AWD that can be manually turned on when needed and not just rely on the car to make that decision. We liked that about the Santa Fe, we could turn on the AWD before trying to get up a very snowy street. What manufacturers still offer that feature? I'm having a hard time even finding a list that details that feature across makes/models. We won't be going back to Hyundai unless they drastically change design in the future. I now see why they've been losing market share since 2013. They don't want to publicly blame design and instead point to other factors, but from our experience they've lost a longtime Hyundai owner due to design. Our whole family, parents and others we got into Hyundai years ago all feel the same way. They don't want to depend on cameras, but want better rear window visibility. I realize they're saying it's for strength and safety, but they've lost the safety of the driver being able to see due to huge blind spots.
  • anshulankushanshulankush Member Posts: 2
    finns2000 said:

congrats for the car!!!.
    you dint mention if there are any fees that you had to pay with this deal.
    finns2000 said:

As far as the Truecar price, I've been noticing that the good shoppers always end up way below the "Exceptional" price. Remember, "Exceptional" says "Less than...". They won't reveal the lowest actually paid/leased. Truecar used to be better and really caused competitive pricing among dealers, but then manufacturers threatened some dealers to stop them from divulging so much. Now, its just some reporting and therefore you won't see the lowest figures of actual out the door deals. But, it gives us a figure to make sure we're under or walk.
    I see Hyundai didn't give any numbers for August. What about September? I've seen prices really dropping for Hyundai. We thought we wouldn't be interested in a Santa Fe after test driving the 2016, but after driving a lot of other SUVs we've found many have gone more toward a car feel, less SUV in these crossovers which is not what we want. So, were back to considering Hyundai, but this time looking at leasing a Santa Fe Limited instead of sport, but keep the 3rd row down since we don't need it. We might be getting to much car size that we don't need, but trying staying open minded.
    Any numbers for Ohio on 36 mo./12k miles or 15k miles. This would be a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD Ultimate package. And, if you have numbers on 2016, same model, please share that too.
    Need MF and residuals. I was shared figures by someone I know, but need to verify.

I see Hyundai didn't give any numbers for August. What about September? I've seen prices really dropping for Hyundai. We thought we wouldn't be interested in a Santa Fe after test driving the 2016, but after driving a lot of other SUVs we've found many have gone more toward a car feel, less SUV in these crossovers which is not what we want. So, were back to considering Hyundai, but this time looking at leasing a Santa Fe Limited instead of sport, but keep the 3rd row down since we don't need it. We might be getting to much car size that we don't need, but trying staying open minded.
    Any numbers for Ohio on 36 mo./12k miles or 15k miles. This would be a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD Ultimate package. And, if you have numbers on 2016, same model, please share that too.
    Need MF and residuals. I was shared figures by someone I know, but need to verify.

36/12 -

2016 .00051 and 58%
    2015 .00078 and 58%. $2000 lease cash

Subtract 2% for 15k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks!
    One particular dealership I've been to has a shadowy line in their lease figures that they seem to not want to detail called "Total Add Cap Cost". They say it's bank fees even though the lease already has the MF broken out. I realize there's probably the acquisition fee in that, but that's usually $650, right? Then they also want doc fees of about $250. But even those things added together still don't come up to the figure they have in the "Total Add Cap Cost" which is over $1300. That line did not include a security deposit and they admitted that none of the "Total Add Cap Cost" is refundable, so it's not security. We finally left when they played the wait game. I hate when certain dealers have old school type sales tactics like making the buyer wait until the finance person comes back from the office with more details. In this modern age we don't have time for such shenanigans. We mostly deal via email before we even walk in the door. In this case, I made an exception because my car was being repaired. Back to only discussing offers via email and then if my questions are answered I'll be interested in visiting that dealership. I've always been willing to go out of state if the dealers near me play games or don't answer simple questions and lay everything out. Simple honesty and respect for people's time should be a given when someone's willing the lease or buy cars at these high prices. If they don't respond in detail to my questions via email I'll be rating them on a number of sites. Meanwhile, I'll keep working with other dealers via email.

One particular dealership I've been to has a shadowy line in their lease figures that they seem to not want to detail called "Total Add Cap Cost". They say it's bank fees even though the lease already has the MF broken out. I realize there's probably the acquisition fee in that, but that's usually $650, right? Then they also want doc fees of about $250. But even those things added together still don't come up to the figure they have in the "Total Add Cap Cost" which is over $1300. That line did not include a security deposit and they admitted that none of the "Total Add Cap Cost" is refundable, so it's not security. We finally left when they played the wait game. I hate when certain dealers have old school type sales tactics like making the buyer wait until the finance person comes back from the office with more details. In this modern age we don't have time for such shenanigans. We mostly deal via email before we even walk in the door. In this case, I made an exception because my car was being repaired. Back to only discussing offers via email and then if my questions are answered I'll be interested in visiting that dealership. I've always been willing to go out of state if the dealers near me play games or don't answer simple questions and lay everything out. Simple honesty and respect for people's time should be a given when someone's willing the lease or buy cars at these high prices. If they don't respond in detail to my questions via email I'll be rating them on a number of sites. Meanwhile, I'll keep working with other dealers via email.

Hyundai acquisition fee is $595.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Thanks! Just another thing this dealer is padding! What's the average "doc fees" most dealers charge for a lease, if any? Are there any other actual "bank fees"?

Michaell said:

Thanks! Just another thing this dealer is padding! What's the average "doc fees" most dealers charge for a lease, if any? Are there any other actual "bank fees"?
    Doc fee varies by state - CA caps it at $80, while I've seen fees as high as $700-800 in Florida.

I only know about the acquisition fee for a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ksagercarksagercar Member Posts: 5
    Hi!

I'd like to know the MF and residual for the 2015 Sante Fe Sport with Ultimate package. MSRP is listed at $37, 380, but with a $3400 "dealership discount", $1500 Hyundai discount, $500 military discount, $750 loyalty discount, and $1000 affiliate discount (not sure what that is), the sticker reads $31, 880. It's the last 2015 on the lot.

Lease ad on site is for 36 mos, $323 a month, 12K miles a year with $1000 down.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy or lease, and I'm trying to get better at my negotiating skills.

Tips, advice…sound like a good deal or think I could get better?

Thank you in advance!
  • ksagercarksagercar Member Posts: 5
    In VA, if that helps at all with MF and residual...