Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    spinningpl8sspinningpl8s Member Posts: 2
    2015 CR-V Touring (2WD) for $30,500 + taxes and fees in San Jose, CA

How'd I do? Seems fair but not a steal.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds good for the Bay Area (another tough market from what I can see from here).

You're a bit under invoice ($30,578) and TMV ($30,695).

Congrats!
  • Options
    sunav99sunav99 Member Posts: 8
    @Steve
    I have got 24600 OTD quote for lx awd for NJ state from a dealer in VA
    Can you please let me know if this better price or is there any room to negotiate 

• Options
    Invoice is $24,072 and TMV is $23,744 - those numbers are the selling price before any taxes or fees, and include destination.

Some people in that area (DC, MD, VA) have gotten CR-Vs for $500 to $1,500 below invoice.

OTD is a great way to focus negotiations on one number at the dealer, but in the forum, we focus on the selling price since everyone's taxes are different. You can't do much about them, but you do have to watch the "doc" fees.
  • Options
    Thanks Steve
    NJ tax 7%
    TMV:23774
    tax,title,doc fee:1650+320+399

Dealer confirmed that OTD:24600 -- this is 1500 less than invoice 

Plz correct me i am wrong 

• Options
    Yep, comes out to $22,231 for the selling price. More like $1,800 less than invoice. Sounds like a good deal!
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    scapaflowscapaflow Member Posts: 5
    Bought a CRV EX FWD with all standard dealer add-on in DFW area for $24968 OTD.
  • Options
    rhody401rhody401 Member Posts: 28
    Bought a leftover 2015 CRV Touring AWD today for exactly $29,900 out the door (including destination and dealer doc fees)

I felt that it was a very good deal, and I really enjoyed driving it home from the dealer.

Did I do ok?
  • Options
    It's hard to know exactly when you post OTD prices - we need to know the price paid for the car. Taxes have to be paid but they vary; the other wrinkle are the "doc" fees. They vary a lot too (and are usually too high).

So what was the price paid (with destination) before taxes and fees?

You too @scapaflow. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    ok that makes sense. With the doc fee removed, it was $29,603 (including the $880 charge) was that ok?
    (This price does not include sales tax, which I have 20 days to pay in my state)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Heh, a $297 doc fee is bad but not Florida bad. Not unusual either, unfortunately.

You got me with the 20 days to pay your taxes. Seems like most people give that money to the dealer and the dealer (using the doc fee), pass that on to the state so that you can get your tags in the mail a couple of weeks later.

Okay, invoice is $31,748 with destination for an AWD Touring, and TMV is a slight bit less, coming in at $31,486.

Your number is $2,145 under invoice. That's crazy good. All the dealer profit came from that doc fee. :)

And we're still a week away from the end of the month.

Does the dealership belong to your aunt and uncle? B)
  • Options
    stever said:

It's hard to know exactly when you post OTD prices - we need to know the price paid for the car. Taxes have to be paid but they vary; the other wrinkle are the "doc" fees. They vary a lot too (and are usually too high).

So what was the price paid (with destination) before taxes and fees?

You too @scapaflow. :)

23100.15 is the base price. Plus 6.25% tax and some other fees. Doc fee is 180 I think.
  • Options
    Not a relative, just found on the internet. I found 2 other dealers in the same general price range (a bit higher, but still great prices), and did all negotiating within a few emails before talking on phone or in person. Sales tax would normally only be collected, if it was financed. I paid with a bank check, from savings.

The sales person assigned to do the delivery was extremely (underlined) professional and informative. She was fantastic.
  • Options
    scapaflow said:

23100.15 is the base price. Plus 6.25% tax and some other fees. Doc fee is 180 I think.

Thanks, invoice and TMV are close - $25,018 vs $24,937, with destination.

There must be some blow-out "hood money" from Honda around, yours is another $2k below invoice deal.

Sounds like some great deals out there if you can find what you want in the shrinking inventory.

• Options
    rhody401 said:

The sales person assigned to do the delivery was extremely (underlined) professional and informative. She was fantastic.

Always good to hear - please take a few minutes and write up a Dealer Review. We like to encourage that kind of behavoir. :) Thanks!

• Options
    Bought lx awd OTD :24500 for NJ state
    @Steve , thanks for your inputs
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    autonomyautonomy Member Posts: 9
    rhody401 said:

Bought a leftover 2015 CRV Touring AWD today for exactly $29,900 out the door (including destination and dealer doc fees)

I felt that it was a very good deal, and I really enjoyed driving it home from the dealer.

Did I do ok?

Great deal, rhody401, congrats! Which color did you get? Would you mind sharing the name of the dealership, and salesperson if possible? Also, which were the other dealers that gave you good prices? Thanks.
  • Options
    crvlx2015crvlx2015 Member Posts: 11
    scapaflow said:

does that include tax?
  • Options
    crvlx2015 said:

scapaflow said:

does that include tax?
    Yes, it's the final price I paid. However, I have to use Honda car loan to get that price.
  • Options
    scapaflow said:
    does that include tax?
    Yes, it's the final price I paid. However, I have to use Honda car loan to get that price.
    do you have a detailed break down to compare with?
  • Options
    devonehdevoneh Member Posts: 2
    rhody401 said:

Did I do ok?

That sounds like a great deal. What was the price of the car minus tax/title/reg/doc fees????
  • Options
    devonehdevoneh Member Posts: 2
    I have some fairly low quotes, ~24,800 on a 2015 CRV AWD EX.

I'm wondering if I should hold out a month or two and see if the deals get better in December.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    devoneh said:

I have some fairly low quotes, ~24,800 on a 2015 CRV AWD EX.

I'm wondering if I should hold out a month or two and see if the deals get better in December.

I'd worry that all the 2015 stock will be gone by then. Awesome deals are out there now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    savannahzsavannahz Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm looking at a 2015 crv ex-l. The msrp is around $30,000 and the dealer is willing to come down to $26,500 before tax. Invoice is around 28,000. I think I can do better in Nov or Dec. What do you guys think? What add-ones should I ask for besides mats? I feel like crvs are pretty well loaded.
  • Options
    smoothjksmoothjk Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I want to know if anyone can provide me with the MF & Residual Value for the

2015 Honda CRV EX-L FWD with Navigation. And can someone tell me what a good deal is for this car?

Credit : Over 700+ forsure. Possibly between 744~757 (According to creditkarma.com)

So this one Korean broker I know offered me with this deal for the car.

2015 Honda CRV EX-L FWD with Navigation

12K / year
    36 months

1. Agreed Price = $27,884
    2. Rent Charge = $0
    3. Dispostion / Turn In Fee= $350
    4. Wear and Tear Cover = ????
    5. Documentary fee =$80
    6. Refundable Security Deposit =$0
    7. Residual Value$ =18,314.84
    8. Money Factor = 0.00175
    9. Mile / Year =3yr /36000 mile
    10. Any Available Rebates=$0
    11. Monthly Payment (Including Tax)=$399.58(Tax in Los Angeles, CA is 9%)
    12.Total Payments $761.58 (Includes the first month payment +1 year license fee)

Please let me know if you know there is a better deal. And please let me know if there is any other things that I should be aware of! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    edited October 2015
    smoothjk said:

Hi, I want to know if anyone can provide me with the MF & Residual Value for the

2015 Honda CRV EX-L FWD with Navigation. And can someone tell me what a good deal is for this car?

Credit : Over 700+ forsure. Possibly between 744~757 (According to creditkarma.com)

So this one Korean broker I know offered me with this deal for the car.

2015 Honda CRV EX-L FWD with Navigation

12K / year
    36 months

1. Agreed Price = $27,884
    2. Rent Charge = $0
    3. Dispostion / Turn In Fee= $350
    4. Wear and Tear Cover = ????
    5. Documentary fee =$80
    6. Refundable Security Deposit =$0
    7. Residual Value$ =18,314.84
    8. Money Factor = 0.00175
    9. Mile / Year =3yr /36000 mile
    10. Any Available Rebates=$0
    11. Monthly Payment (Including Tax)=$399.58(Tax in Los Angeles, CA is 9%)
    12.Total Payments $761.58 (Includes the first month payment +1 year license fee)

Please let me know if you know there is a better deal. And please let me know if there is any other things that I should be aware of! Thanks in advance!

Nothing looks out of line.. MSRP is around $30,500, right?

If I add in the $595 acquisition fee, I get $364/mo.+tax which gives me $397/mo. pretty close.

Not sure you would need a broker to get that deal, though. Did you try shopping on your own?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pilot67pilot67 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I live in Northern VA (DC metro area) and I am looking to buy a Honda CR-V LX or EX, AWD for the lowest possible price. Any suggestions for the best dealer around? I have been quoted $25k OTD for a LX, but I think I could go lower now that 2016 is out and end of month (and year) is approaching.
    Thanks for help.

Chip
  • Options
    buzzzzzbuzzzzz Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I live in north NJ and plan to buy a CRV EX AWD in 1-2 weeks. I got a quote,

MSRP: $27,675 (Includes Destination & Handling)
    ePrice: $ 24,798 (Includes Destination & Handling)

Additional Accessories: $449 (splash guards, wheel locks & trunk tray)

+NJ Tax $1,767.29
    +NJ State Tire Tax $7.50
    + Dealer Doc Fee: $369

Total Out the Door: *$27,390.79 (Plus Motor Vehicle Charges)

How much can I negotiate?

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    sacambsacamb Member Posts: 21
    sunav99 said:

Bought lx awd OTD :24500 for NJ state
    @Steve , thanks for your inputs

sunav - can you provide a break up for your LX AWD purchase? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    buzzzzz said:

Hi,

+NJ Tax $1,767.29
    +NJ State Tire Tax $7.50

Thanks in advance!

2015 or 2016 model?????

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    My local dealer could only give me an OTD price at around 26,200 (6.25 tax), because they have some national lifetime powertrain warranty. It is said their dealship is one of the 5 dealerships in the US to have this. I feel it is absolutely not backed up by Honda.
  • Options
    @sacamb
    22500 otd includes nj tax
    Dealer Chantillyhonda, virginia

I will check and provide breakup
  • Options
    Typo 24500 otd lx awd
  • Options
    @sacamb, lx awd
    21829.50 price
    Processing:599
    Tax:1569
    New tags/dmv:400
    Dealer lic tax:40.57
    Online fee:10

Otd:$24500 (nj tax 7%)

• Options
    brian125 said:

buzzzzz said:

Hi,

+NJ Tax $1,767.29
    +NJ State Tire Tax $7.50

Thanks in advance!

2015 or 2016 model?????

It's 2015 model.
    Dealer said 2016 model not coming yet.

• Options
    I cant believe I did this, but I bought a SECOND 2015 AWD CR-V Touring last night, from a different dealer. (I purchased one 5 days earlier) Price was $29494, including the $880 destination charge. (Doc fees, registration, and sales tax were extra)

One dealer was in NH, one in RI. We take delivery in just over an hour, on #2. Now to sell our old vehicles.
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    rhody401 said:

I cant believe I did this, but I bought a SECOND 2015 AWD CR-V Touring last night, from a different dealer. (I purchased one 5 days earlier) Price was $29494, including the $880 destination charge. (Doc fees, registration, and sales tax were extra)

One dealer was in NH, one in RI. We take delivery in just over an hour, on #2. Now to sell our old vehicles.

• Options
    I wish I could get a new car soon.

About 1 month ago, another dealer offered $25100 for 2015 CRV EX AWD, including protection package and destination fee, not include tax, doc fee.

Tomorrow I will go to meet with dealers. Still not really sure how much room I have to negotiate in NJ.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    buzzzzz said:

I wish I could get a new car soon.

About 1 month ago, another dealer offered $25100 for 2015 CRV EX AWD, including protection package and destination fee, not include tax, doc fee.

Tomorrow I will go to meet with dealers. Still not really sure how much room I have to negotiate in NJ.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

In NJ............ Another 500 to 600 dollars shoot for. ( Be firm on your Price ) getting another $600 off would put you at 1500 below invoice. Dealers doc fee in NJ are $299 to 399 and your overpaying on the Pro pack.

That same pro pack dealer is charging you could be bought online for half that amount.

• Options
    If you buy this CRV at quoted price then pay dealer there doc fee charge makes this deal a bad one for a 2015 model vehicles going into Nov. Even NJ area dealers are getting enough truck money to sell a 2015 model CRV for 1200 to 1500 below invoice and still turn a nice profit. The only problem is if supply is depleted on lots dealers have the price advantage on you. I still see a lot of stock left in this area

Try these Honda dealers in NJ . @Auto-Sport , @GardenState , @DCH Paramus, @Hamilton

DCH Paramus has over 20 EX models left. Hamilton has a huge select. Like most dealers in this area NY / NJ you will find plenty of 2015 EXL and Touring models still around. Good deals still can be had in this area.

Today and Tomorrow are the best days to secure your best price. . Call / email above dealers tell each Internet Mgr. that X-price gets your business today. Getting a 1800 below invoice in NJ is really 1500 below after you take into consideration dealers high doc fee charge.

Good luck

• Options
    edited October 2015
    buzzzz

In NY............. Contact New Rochelle Honda's Internet dept. High volume dealership with a lot of CRV's on there lot. This dealership has always made better deals and the end of the month.

• Options
    brian125 said:

If you buy this CRV at quoted price then pay dealer there doc fee charge makes this deal a bad one for a 2015 model vehicles going into Nov. Even NJ area dealers are getting enough truck money to sell a 2015 model CRV for 1200 to 1500 below invoice and still turn a nice profit. The only problem is if supply is depleted on lots dealers have the price advantage on you. I still see a lot of stock left in this area

Try these Honda dealers in NJ . @Auto-Sport , @GardenState , @DCH Paramus, @Hamilton

DCH Paramus has over 20 EX models left. Hamilton has a huge select. Like most dealers in this area NY / NJ you will find plenty of 2015 EXL and Touring models still around. Good deals still can be had in this area.

Today and Tomorrow are the best days to secure your best price. . Call / email above dealers tell each Internet Mgr. that X-price gets your business today. Getting a 1800 below invoice in NJ is really 1500 below after you take into consideration dealers high doc fee charge.

Good luck

Hey, brian125, thanks a lot for all information - After I read all your messages, I told myself, finally I know the bottom line!

However, when I called New Rochelle, they gave me 25038 (financial), or 25238 (cash), including destination fee, no protection package. The doc fee is $75 though, much lower than NJ.

Sounds like they are still pretty tight with pricing. How to get a better price before setting foot on the lot?

Do you think it will be better if I go to the store?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Tomorrow call New Rochelle's Int / mgr. let them know 24.7k or a few dollars lower gets your business. This price should including dest/ charge and exclude tax, doc fee, and dmv fee's.

Tomm. is when the real negotiations start . Pit one dealer against the next . Tell every NJ dealer I could buy said vehicle in NY w/ a 75 doc fee. Beat or match X-price or I move on. This is how you play the game at the end.

1200 to 1500 below invoice after taking doc fee charge into consideration is a very good deal in our area. Your knocking on the door. Not many buyers wait and negotiate today and tomm. Welcome to my world of buying.

Use emails and phone calls tomm. before stepping foot into any dealership. Agree on a price 1st with any of these Int/ mgrs. Pit those dealerships above against each other. They have a lot of stock on there lots.

Good luck

• Options
    autonomyautonomy Member Posts: 9
    rhody401 said:

Congrats, rhody401! Could you share the name of the dealers? Also, how much did you pay for the second CRV Touring? Thanks.
  • Options
    You quoted the price I paid for the one we bought last night. Touring #2 (Blue) AWD was $29494 (w/destination) (Doc fees, registration, and 7% sales tax were added to increase the figure, but I left them out because those vary by state) MSRP was $33775.

We negotiated entirely via the internet sales employees/email, before talking with a salesman or stepping foot in a dealership. Most dealers quote just above "invoice", but some of them have aggressive/motivated pricing offers. First, check Edmunds inventory search tool to find dealers that have the model and color you want. Since they are so scarce, I didn't bother with dealers who didn't have the car on hand. Around here, most dealers just have black or white leftovers. We wanted copper sunset and obsidian blue, which weren't as easy to find. Once you find one motivated to give a good offer, have them email a written quote. With that quote, most other dealers will gladly beat their offer by another $200 to get your business. That's all we did. For vehicle #2, we just showed another dealer the sales invoice from #1. They were happy to have our business.

These three dealers had very aggressive internet pricing on leftovers, and 2 of them earned our business.
    Boch Honda of Norwood, MA
    Rockingham Honda of Salem, NH
    Metro Honda of Johnston, RI

In our travels of shopping around to get the 2 tourings, we saw some things to avoid too. Some dealers would only make a deal if we accepted "mandatory dealer options" such as "glass etching insurance" ($199), if we financed through their bank at twice the rate from the one we were pre approved for (bank kickback to dealer), only if they could add third party items such as a fake woodgrain dash (decal) kit marked up from $62 to $900, etc. I'm not saying that the above mentioned dealers did these things, but they are tactics we saw in general while searching around. There are many business office up sell opportunities, some better than others. Most have a huge markup and are there to pad the profit of the transaction, while you are still euphoric about the purchase. :) (IMO) Buyer has to be prepared and educated before stepping foot in the place, IMO, and the edmunds forums educate you about most of these tactics.

Good luck!
    Rhody
  • Options
    rhody401

Excellent price. NY / NJ cant get close to a price like yours. Most of our area dealers are selling CRV's for half that price. ( Over $2100 below invoice ) The MA area has excellent pricing for Accords, Civics' and CRV's.

Good luck enjoy them

• Options
    rhody401 said:

These three dealers had very aggressive internet pricing on leftovers, and 2 of them earned our business.
    Boch Honda of Norwood, MA
    Rockingham Honda of Salem, NH
    Metro Honda of Johnston, RI

Good luck!
    Rhody

I agree. I got my first CRV from Boch 8 years ago with an OTD under 20K for a base model, and it is still strong after I put so many miles on it. Boch has a huge parking lot.
  • Options
    Hey, brian125, believe or not, I bought the new car today.

$24500 including protection package + doc 349 + tax, DMV

I'm very happy with the price.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!