Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Ford Mustang Lease Questions

spork3245spork3245 Member Posts: 5
edited October 2015 in Ford
Hey everyone, new to the forums. I currently have a 2013 Mustang GT on lease, the lease ends soon. I want to hop into one of the 2016 Mustang GTs with another lease. My dealership called me about 2 weeks ago to let me know that they got some 2016 GTs in and wanted to see if I'd like to take advantage of their current early lease renewal discounts. So I went in, fell in love, they went to figure out the lease and came back confused saying it doesn't look like Ford has released the leasing info for the 2016s yet (they said it's literally a blank page when they click on the leasing info).

Obviously I could hop into a 2015 GT now (by finding a dealer that still had some in) but I fell in love with the Sync 3 dash the moment it booted up (my 2013 has the same Sync as the 2015) and I know I'd regret "settling" for the 2015 (even though the magnetic steering and independent rear axle feel so ridiculously good compared to my current 2013! :smile: )... So, my question is: does anyone have any ETA or approximation on WHEN Ford will be releasing lease info for the 2016s? Apparently you can't even lease an i4 Ecoboost or V6 yet with the 2016s. I still have some time with my current lease, but darn it, I'm getting antsy to jump into that sweet 2016 GT haha

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    @spork3245 Same here, blank page

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• spork3245spork3245 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Hi kyfdx,

Thanks for confirming! Is there any estimated time-frame from Ford as to when they'll be providing lease info for the 2016s? I'm ever-so-slightly nervous that they won't be leasing 2016s and thus I should hop on a remaining 2015... But... That Sync 3! I know they've only been out for barely a month but Ford usually has leasing info available from the get-go as far as I know, so this whole thing is "odd" to me.
    spork3245 said:

Hi kyfdx,

Thanks for confirming! Is there any estimated time-frame from Ford as to when they'll be providing lease info for the 2016s? I'm ever-so-slightly nervous that they won't be leasing 2016s and thus I should hop on a remaining 2015... But... That Sync 3! I know they've only been out for barely a month but Ford usually has leasing info available from the get-go as far as I know, so this whole thing is "odd" to me.

Standard APR and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

What is the Standard APR? Guessing it's around 5%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Standard APR and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr What is the Standard APR? Guessing it's around 5%

Thank you again! I'm a little confused though, did Ford release the 2016 Mustang leasing info or is that based upon the 2015s? I was asking if there's any type of approximation on when Ford will be releasing the leasing info (so I can lease one), not how much it will be.  :)
    spork3245 said:

kyfdx said:

Thank you again! I'm a little confused though, did Ford release the 2016 Mustang leasing info or is that based upon the 2015s? I was asking if there's any type of approximation on when Ford will be releasing the leasing info (so I can lease one), not how much it will be.  :)

Those are the new 2016 Mustang numbers for October

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2015
    kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:

Standard APR and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr What is the Standard APR? Guessing it's around 5%

So the 2016s are leasable now? Wonder why my dealership didn't call me :(
    Thank you so much!!!

BTW: Do you have the residual for a 3 year 10.5k lease? I'm on year 3 of a 3 year 12k with 7 weeks left and I just hit 18k miles this morning lol
    spork3245 said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

So the 2016s are leasable now? Wonder why my dealership didn't call me :(
    Thank you so much!!!

BTW: Do you have the residual for a 3 year 10.5k lease? I'm on year 3 of a 3 year 12k with 7 weeks left and I just hit 18k miles this morning lol

Add 3% to 15K/yr numbers for 10.5K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Went to my dealer this morning... Walked out 5 hours later (I know, I know, 5 hours) with a 2016 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium (after 5 hours I better have got something! Haha)
    Thanks for all your help!
    spork3245 said:

Went to my dealer this morning... Walked out 5 hours later (I know, I know, 5 hours) with a 2016 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium (after 5 hours I better have got something! Haha)
    Thanks for all your help!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 4wheelpilot4wheelpilot Member Posts: 7
    Yes, congrats! ford's standard apr is 5%...why so high? so what would the monthly payment be with a price of 36k 36/15 and only inception fees? thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,984

Yes, congrats! ford's standard apr is 5%...why so high? so what would the monthly payment be with a price of 36k 36/15 and only inception fees? thanks

Is $36K the selling price? What is the MSRP?

Ford is not having any problems selling or leasing every Mustang they make .. no reason to support the lease numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kaytessarkaytessar Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    What is the current MF and Residual in Las Vegas, Nevada for:

2016 Ecoboost Premium
    with options MSRP @ 37,555

24, 36 month
    12k mile
    kaytessar said:

What is the current MF and Residual in Las Vegas, Nevada for:

2016 Ecoboost Premium
    with options MSRP @ 37,555

24, 36 month
    12k mile

3.75% APR and 67% residual
    4.25% APR and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kaytessarkaytessar Member Posts: 2
    What about a GT Premium
    MSRP w./ options 42,965
    Las Vegas, Nevada

24 & 36 months 12k miles
    kaytessar said:

What about a GT Premium
    MSRP w./ options 42,965
    Las Vegas, Nevada

24 & 36 months 12k miles

Standard APR and 66%/60% residual

Standard APR should be around 5%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• schwartzkischwartzki Member Posts: 17
    Looking for Lease numbers for a GT Premium and EcoBoost Premium 12k/yr 24/36 mo

Thanks.

Looking for Lease numbers for a GT Premium and EcoBoost Premium 12k/yr 24/36 mo

Thanks.

What state? Ford numbers are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• adanielyadaniely Member Posts: 12
    What is MF and Residual for 2016 Mustang V6 Convertible automatic transmission in Maryland (DC area)? 36/10,500
    adaniely said:

What is MF and Residual for 2016 Mustang V6 Convertible automatic transmission in Maryland (DC area)? 36/10,500

55% and 4.25% APR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bcfmbbcbcfmbbc Member Posts: 4
    What is the MF and Residual for 2016 V6 Fastback auto transmission in Long Island NY area? 36/10,500
    bcfmbbc said:

What is the MF and Residual for 2016 V6 Fastback auto transmission in Long Island NY area? 36/10,500

59% and 4.25%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• miztiffmiztiff Member Posts: 1
    What is the current MF and residual for 2016 v6 fastback with auto trans in Ft Myers, FL? 24, 36 mo/12k mile.

Thanks
    miztiff said:

What is the current MF and residual for 2016 v6 fastback with auto trans in Ft Myers, FL? 24, 36 mo/12k mile.

Thanks

3.75% APR and 66% residual
    4.25% APR and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Hi! Looking for MF/RV for 2016 Mustang GT and GT Premium for 24/36 months and 10k miles in TX. Are there any incentives to look for?

Is there any lease support on 2015s?

Thanks!
    kar_freak said:

Hi! Looking for MF/RV for 2016 Mustang GT and GT Premium for 24/36 months and 10k miles in TX. Are there any incentives to look for?

Thanks!

Standard APR and 67%/61% residual.

(Standard is probably 5%-6%)

No lease support ever on the GT

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    kyfdx said:

kar_freak said:

Thanks!

Thanks! Do you have RV for 2015 GT in TX?
    kar_freak said:

kyfdx said:

kar_freak said:

Thanks!

Thanks! Do you have RV for 2015 GT in TX?
    63% / 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• joeyd5ohjoeyd5oh Member Posts: 36
    Looking to lease a 2016 Mustang GT Convertible with GT performance package and 401A package along with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group MSRP is $49255 Looking for Residuals and MF on 24/36 months with low miles 7k or 10k a year. I am in Long Island NY. Thanks
    joeyd5oh said:

Looking to lease a 2016 Mustang GT Convertible with GT performance package and 401A package along with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group MSRP is $49255 Looking for Residuals and MF on 24/36 months with low miles 7k or 10k a year. I am in Long Island NY. Thanks

Standard MF and 64%/58% residual for 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sayfertsayfert Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2016 mustang ecoboost premium MSRP 32,000 I'm looking for the MF and residual Value 36 Month / 12,000 Miles or 24 Month / 12,000 Miles. I am in Miami, Florida.  Thank You! 
    sayfert said:

Looking to lease a 2016 mustang ecoboost premium MSRP 32,000 I'm looking for the MF and residual Value 36 Month / 12,000 Miles or 24 Month / 12,000 Miles. I am in Miami, Florida.  Thank You! 

1.50% for 24/12, or 2.00% for 36/12

We don't have Ford residuals, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• plokoonplokoon Member Posts: 3
    Hi I am trying to lease a 2016 Mustang GT Premium MSRP 40,000. What is the MF and residual for 24mo/10k miles? A dealer that I spoke with quoted me through the roof and said that the MF is sky high. If that's true is there any chance it goes down next month? I am in Los Angeles. Thanks in advance.
    plokoon said:

Hi I am trying to lease a 2016 Mustang GT Premium MSRP 40,000. What is the MF and residual for 24mo/10k miles? A dealer that I spoke with quoted me through the roof and said that the MF is sky high. If that's true is there any chance it goes down next month? I am in Los Angeles. Thanks in advance.

Standard MF and 66% residual.

The dealer is right... the payment would be sky high.

36/10 residual is 60%, but the payment will still be high.

Mustang lease rates have always been high. Waiting won't help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ah good to know thanks. I worked the math and came up with around a 10% rate. Is it actually that high? 5% I could do.
    plokoon said:

Ah good to know thanks. I worked the math and came up with around a 10% rate. Is it actually that high? 5% I could do.

We don't know the Ford 'standard' MF, but figured it to be around 5-6%. Dealer can mark it up for extra profit.

Not sure you can reverse-engineer the MF, however.

Either way, the Mustang has - and will be - expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I see, thank you. I just used the Edmunds lease calculator and kept plugging in different MFs until the monthly came out to what I was quoted.
  • rexarousrexrexarousrex Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    Hey,

Looking for a 2016 Mustang GT (not premium) MT 36mo, 10k year residual and MF. In NC

Hey,

Looking for a 2016 Mustang GT (not premium) MT 36mo, 10k year residual and MF. In NC

Standard APR and 60% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• johnysavagejohnysavage Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can you tell me what the current APR and residual are for a 2016 Mustang GT ($34980 MSRP), 36 months, 12k miles per year in Nevada? Thanks for your help.

Hi, can you tell me what the current APR and residual are for a 2016 Mustang GT ($34980 MSRP), 36 months, 12k miles per year in Nevada? Thanks for your help.

Standard MF and 59% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• maxnbubsmaxnbubs Member Posts: 25
    Looking for confirmation on MF and residual for a 2016 Mustang GT 36/10.5k

MF: .00275
    Residual 64%

Potential deal in FL with those numbers:
    MSRP: 33495
    Selling price: 27099
    Aquistion: $645
    Monthly before tax: $310/month

Does this look right? If so, would this be a solid deal?
    maxnbubs said:

Residual 64%

I'm showing the 36/10.5 residual as 60%, not 64%.

We don't know the standard MF for the Mustang GT, but .00275 may be a bit too high.

If the selling price is the net cap cost, I get $324/mo + tax.

Can you get $6K+ off sticker on a GT?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maxnbubsmaxnbubs Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2016
    Michaell said:
    Looking for confirmation on MF and residual for a 2016 Mustang GT 36/10.5k MF: .00275 Residual 64% Potential deal in FL with those numbers: MSRP: 33495 Selling price: 27099 Aquistion: $645 Monthly before tax: $310/month Does this look right? If so, would this be a solid deal?
    I'm showing the 36/10.5 residual as 60%, not 64%. We don't know the standard MF for the Mustang GT, but .00275 may be a bit too high. If the selling price is the net cap cost, I get $324/mo + tax. Can you get $6K+ off sticker on a GT?
    I based the 64% on figures from a January leasehackr post. I assume it's gone down for feb. So you think the mf should be lower? How much?

And yes, $6k off, Internet pricing without any negotiations

edit: would you be able to post the best money factor and residual combination  for the 2016 GT?
    maxnbubs said:

Michaell said:

maxnbubs said:

Residual 64%

I'm showing the 36/10.5 residual as 60%, not 64%.

We don't know the standard MF for the Mustang GT, but .00275 may be a bit too high.

If the selling price is the net cap cost, I get $324/mo + tax.

Can you get $6K+ off sticker on a GT?

I based the 64% on figures from a January leasehackr post. I assume it's gone down for feb. So you think the mf should be lower? How much?

And yes, $6k off, Internet pricing without any negotiations

The numbers I quote are from Ford Credit.

Don't have the exact MF -- all it shows is "Standard", which is around 5-6%. .00275 is 6.6% (multiply MF by 2400 to get APR)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• okjsc94okjsc94 Member Posts: 2
    Hey! I am looking for current Mustang Ecoboost base model MF and Residual values in SC. (Looking at a mustang with MSRP of around $27,xxx)

Also would you know if Ford changes MF/Residual values quarterly or monthly?

Terms:
    10K/24
    12K/24
    12K/36

Thank you!
    okjsc94 said:

Hey! I am looking for current Mustang Ecoboost base model MF and Residual values in SC. (Looking at a mustang with MSRP of around $27,xxx)

Also would you know if Ford changes MF/Residual values quarterly or monthly?

Terms:
    10K/24
    12K/24
    12K/36

Thank you!

1.50% APR and 67%/66% residual.
    2.00% APR and 58% residual

Ford updates residuals quarterly, but usually updates APRs, monthly (though, they may not always change)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• goodforyou19goodforyou19 Member Posts: 3
    Hey forum!
    Does anyone know the residual and MF for a 2016 Ecoboost. Either 10k/24 or 10k/36? I'm in Los Angeles.
    I went to a mustang dealership yesterday, and they told me the residiual for 10k/36 was 57%, which i thought was kind of low.

Hey forum!
    Does anyone know the residual and MF for a 2016 Ecoboost. Either 10k/24 or 10k/36? I'm in Los Angeles.
    I went to a mustang dealership yesterday, and they told me the residiual for 10k/36 was 57%, which i thought was kind of low.

I'm showing 59% for 36/10 on the EcoBoost.

24/10 is 67%

Standard MF for the Mustang - around 5-6%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• texascuvtexascuv Member Posts: 9
    Hi! I'm looking for the residual and MF for 2016 Mustang V6 for 12k/24 and 12k/36. I'm in Austin, TX. Thank you!
    texascuv said:

Hi! I'm looking for the residual and MF for 2016 Mustang V6 for 12k/24 and 12k/36. I'm in Austin, TX. Thank you!

Coupe?

1.50% APR and 65% residual
    2.00% APR and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator