Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• vustadumasvustadumas Member Posts: 8
    Hit up another dealer today. Negotiated a fair deal on T6 R-Design that was fully optioned. Got about $4800 off MSRP of 66K

MF was still quoted at .0012, which I showed them other dealer that quoted MF of .00093 They argued that a mistake was made by the other dealer, or they were working with a 30 month lease instead of 36. Of course that was not the case, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, got the cap cost set and in writing. Then we talked my trade-in. Or when it all fell apart, hah.

They low balled me on my trade. I'm not surprised, but man, it was so off-base that I was shocked, lol. I have an offer for the car, and its 4K more than what they were offering. Anyway, I walked. Salesman was definitely not happy. The Sales Manager told me to take the 30K offer and he got up and left. Hah.

They had a gauranteed sale. Just that one piece of the puzzle was missing. Too bad. Moving on... :smile:
  • danmgy11danmgy11 Member Posts: 106
    Hit up another dealer today. Negotiated a fair deal on T6 R-Design that was fully optioned. Got about $4800 off MSRP of 66K MF was still quoted at .0012, which I showed them other dealer that quoted MF of .00093 They argued that a mistake was made by the other dealer, or they were working with a 30 month lease instead of 36. Of course that was not the case, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, got the cap cost set and in writing. Then we talked my trade-in. Or when it all fell apart, hah. They low balled me on my trade. I'm not surprised, but man, it was so off-base that I was shocked, lol. I have an offer for the car, and its 4K more than what they were offering. Anyway, I walked. Salesman was definitely not happy. The Sales Manager told me to take the 30K offer and he got up and left. Hah. They had a gauranteed sale. Just that one piece of the puzzle was missing. Too bad. Moving on... :smile:
    That's a great price off the MSRP, sucks they
    couldn't give you the trade-in price you needed.  Have you tried going to Carmax yet? They are known for giving dine of the best trade-in pracing.  Can I ask what market/city are you in that they are giving you that price?  The best I've gotten off MSRP is almost $2500.

Are you sure the other dealership MF is right? Another thing you can do to lower the MF is multiple security deposits. Not really sure what it lowers it to, but it's usually substantial. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,069
    danmgy11 said:

Hit up another dealer today. Negotiated a fair deal on T6 R-Design that was fully optioned. Got about $4800 off MSRP of 66K

MF was still quoted at .0012, which I showed them other dealer that quoted MF of .00093 They argued that a mistake was made by the other dealer, or they were working with a 30 month lease instead of 36. Of course that was not the case, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, got the cap cost set and in writing. Then we talked my trade-in. Or when it all fell apart, hah.

They low balled me on my trade. I'm not surprised, but man, it was so off-base that I was shocked, lol. I have an offer for the car, and its 4K more than what they were offering. Anyway, I walked. Salesman was definitely not happy. The Sales Manager told me to take the 30K offer and he got up and left. Hah.

They had a gauranteed sale. Just that one piece of the puzzle was missing. Too bad. Moving on... :smile:

That's a great price off the MSRP, sucks they
    couldn't give you the trade-in price you needed.  Have you tried going to Carmax yet? They are known for giving dine of the best trade-in pracing.  Can I ask what market/city are you in that they are giving you that price?  The best I've gotten off MSRP is almost $2500.

Are you sure the other dealership MF is right? Another thing you can do to lower the MF is multiple security deposits. Not really sure what it lowers it to, but it's usually substantial. 

Sorry that your deal didn't work out, but the dealer is in business to make money. By discounting the new car as much as they did, they probably felt they had to make it up on the trade value.

I had the same problem on my last transaction, but I had stopped at CarMax earlier in the day and got a quote from them. When my dealer undercut that offer by $2K, I showed them the CarMax quote - the dealer bumped the trade value up to the same amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2016
    I'm in SoCal. Yeah, I had the Carmax offer with me, but of course didn't show til the appraisal came back. All I wanted was for them to meet me in the middle, if not match. Salesman said I "pushed too far", hah. It's just they really under shot, but oh well, I understand from their perspective. I gambled a bit, and lost on that one. Had I just sold to Carmax, I'd have the new car. Disappointed it didn't go through. The car had every option, which I didn't care for, but having it would have been ok :smile:

I actually received a written 5K off MSRP today from a dealer south of me, and they guaranteed to match the Carmax offer for the trade. Only thing is they had an option listed on the sticker, that wasn't actually on the car. The 22" double spoke wheels. For me, it transforms the car. The stock R-Design rims are too bland for my taste. Anyway, a "factory error" or something I was told, hah. I aksed them to reduce the MSRP to what it should be, and give me the 5K and the deal would be sealed. They refused, so again, I walked. Oh well.

The car is out there, and so is the deal I want. I will get it. Local dealer has one coming in, but at 69K MSRP. I tried building to that price but I'll be damned if I could hit it. So they've got some markup going on.

I get stronger with each negotiation, so I fear for the next salesman that encounters me, hah.

Edit: Forgot to mention about MF. The dealer yesterday said they could hit .00093, but only at 39 months. So it is possible. Just got to fight tooth and nail and have Tier 1 credit, lol.

I'm in SoCal. Yeah, I had the Carmax offer with me, but of course didn't show til the appraisal came back. All I wanted was for them to meet me in the middle, if not match. Salesman said I "pushed too far", hah. It's just they really under shot, but oh well, I understand from their perspective. I gambled a bit, and lost on that one. Had I just sold to Carmax, I'd have the new car. Disappointed it didn't go through. The car had every option, which I didn't care for, but having it would have been ok :smile:

I actually received a written 5K off MSRP today from a dealer south of me, and they guaranteed to match the Carmax offer for the trade. Only thing is they had an option listed on the sticker, that wasn't actually on the car. The 22" double spoke wheels. For me, it transforms the car. The stock R-Design rims are too bland for my taste. Anyway, a "factory error" or something I was told, hah. I aksed them to reduce the MSRP to what it should be, and give me the 5K and the deal would be sealed. They refused, so again, I walked. Oh well.

The car is out there, and so is the deal I want. I will get it. Local dealer has one coming in, but at 69K MSRP. I tried building to that price but I'll be damned if I could hit it. So they've got some markup going on.

I get stronger with each negotiation, so I fear for the next salesman that encounters me, hah.

Edit: Forgot to mention about MF. The dealer yesterday said they could hit .00093, but only at 39 months. So it is possible. Just got to fight tooth and nail and have Tier 1 credit, lol.

Thanks for the updates. You're right - sticking to your numbers and being patient will eventually result in you getting the deal you want. Both on the price of the new car as well as the trade value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• agupta22016agupta22016 Member Posts: 9

Can you please tell me how you negotiate these prices? In PA/MD, the dealers are not budging a dollar from MSRP, Some are even selling at higher than MSRP as configured on the Volvo website.
  • danmgy11danmgy11 Member Posts: 106
    Hit up another dealer today. Negotiated a fair deal on T6 R-Design that was fully optioned. Got about $4800 off MSRP of 66K MF was still quoted at .0012, which I showed them other dealer that quoted MF of .00093 They argued that a mistake was made by the other dealer, or they were working with a 30 month lease instead of 36. Of course that was not the case, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, got the cap cost set and in writing. Then we talked my trade-in. Or when it all fell apart, hah. They low balled me on my trade. I'm not surprised, but man, it was so off-base that I was shocked, lol. I have an offer for the car, and its 4K more than what they were offering. Anyway, I walked. Salesman was definitely not happy. The Sales Manager told me to take the 30K offer and he got up and left. Hah. They had a gauranteed sale. Just that one piece of the puzzle was missing. Too bad. Moving on... :smile:
    Can you please tell me how you negotiate these prices? In PA/MD, the dealers are not budging a dollar from MSRP, Some are even selling at higher than MSRP as configured on the Volvo website.
    I've been pricing them out in DC and SoFL and the way I've been doing it is using TrueCar as a starting point, from there I work on lowering the price (I think Edmunds has something similar as well).  There are a few dealerships in the MD/DC area that I know are below MSRP.  Not sure if that's to far for you to travel to,  but I'm guessing the bigger markets/cities are dealing with more competition. 
    edited March 2016
    So, I'm now a proud owner of an 2016 XC90 R-Design! The previous dealer called me today, and said they wanted to fix what had happened. Offered me the exact same deal, gave me $500 over what I wanted for my trade-in and were as straight forward and honest as I've even known a dealer to be.

Ended up doing MSD's and knocked my MF down to .0007 Over the life of lease I will save over 2K. I'm feeling so good, man. Hah!

Good lord the car is so nice. Every option that you would want. Bursting blue and the wheels I wanted. I'm in love.

Guys, just remember, they are a business. Cars are a commodity. Don't let a dealer make you think you won't find what you're looking for elsewhere. It's there. I had 6 or 7 dealers, all competing for my business. One of them will undercut eventually, guaranteed. Once there's blood in the water, its a feeding frenzy. It takes some work for sure, but I got the exact car I wanted, well, better than I wanted in less than 2 weeks time.

Ask for their invoice, right off the bat. Before you even go to the dealership. If they send you a "dealer" invoice, politely ask for the real manufacturer invoice. It will have Volvo Corporate letter head on it, and be addressed to the dealer. If they refuse, you don't want to deal with them anyway. Know how much hold back a dealer has. Use it in your calculation for the offer. Always go in strong and educated. Do your homework. I had my laptop with me the entire time. Every time they'd bring back numbers. I make them sit and wait for me to do them on my end. Something seems off? Show them the discrepancy and ask how they are arriving at their numbers. You will weed out the hidden stuff in no time flat.

Like Michael said, be patient. I've read that people show a salesman a 1/2 hour timer on their phone, and give the ultimatum to make a deal before the clock hits zero or they walk, hah. That's a bit more aggressive than how I like to approach a negotiation, but I suppose it might work.

Oh, BTW! The dealer I mentioned that has the 69K MSRP R-Design, well it happens that it is the 2016 XC90 T6 AWD Polestar R-Design. That's where the extra money is coming from.
  • agupta22016agupta22016 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2016
    I have tried Truecar, Edmunds and Costco auto buying program. The dealers do not have the T6 AWD Inscription. Those who have, are selling it near MSRP or with an anemic $500-$1000 discount. I located one car yesterday and emailed the dealer, this morning he replied back saying that it was sold. MSRP $63,125.

Please let me know which dealerships you have researched. I am close to Harrisburg, PA, so DC/MD is not far at all.
  • mattgoosemattgoose Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    How much do you need to put down to get the MF to .0007?

Also, what is the residual on T6 AWD Momentum?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    mattgoose said:

Sorry, we didn't get Volvo numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183
    Any numbers on the hybrid? Even last months? 36 month 10k/year
    nicksmu17 said:

Any numbers on the hybrid? Even last months? 36 month 10k/year

Sorry, we haven't had Volvo numbers for a few months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2016
    mattgoose said:

I chose to pay the maximum 10 MSDs. So for me about 8K in fully refundable cash. It can be a bit of gamble, but for me, it was an easy choice.
  • jlaf828jlaf828 Member Posts: 29
    Do you have any Volvo lease numbers for April? Looking for the XC90. 36 months, 12k miles
  • jlaf828jlaf828 Member Posts: 29
    T6 AWD 7 passenger
    jlaf828 said:

Do you have any Volvo lease numbers for April? Looking for the XC90. 36 months, 12k miles

jlaf828 said:

T6 AWD 7 passenger

We have not had any Volvo lease numbers for several months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chrisj7845chrisj7845 Member Posts: 41
    After struggling to find the lease numbers the past few days, I stumbled accross the lease payment estimator on the volvo usa website. It lists the MSRP, base acquisition, and residual, from there you can back into the base money factor on every model. Just make sure to change the down payment to 0.
  • fletchedmfletchedm Member Posts: 39

After struggling to find the lease numbers the past few days, I stumbled accross the lease payment estimator on the volvo usa website. It lists the MSRP, base acquisition, and residual, from there you can back into the base money factor on every model. Just make sure to change the down payment to 0.

Just checked site and don't see the residuals. Where does it shows them? Thanks!
    fletchedm said:

Just checked site and don't see the residuals. Where does it shows them? Thanks!
    You need to click on details then it's in the fine print.
    Here is the link. After you choose the car trim. Change the down payment to zero choose your lease term and miles. Then click on the details http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/payment-estimator

Here is the link. After you choose the car trim. Change the down payment to zero choose your lease term and miles. Then click on the details http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/payment-estimator

Sorry to bother you again, but I tried that and I still don't see a residual anywhere. Screenshot attached. Thanks.

edited June 2016
    I was mistaken, it actually has nothing to do with the details. It is listed in the fine print right under the details button. It doesn't matter if you show details or not. Should be right below your screenshot.

imagehttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9420176/screen.jpg

I was mistaken, it actually has nothing to do with the details. It is listed in the fine print right under the details button. It doesn't matter if you show details or not. Should be right below your screenshot.

imagehttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9420176/screen.jpg

You know what...? It's the zip code. Must be required to show it based on where you live. I tried Mass (me) and CA and nada. But I put in Texas and presto! it's there. Weird. Thank you!
    FWD or AWD?

Need to know the MSRP and selling price or adjusted cap cost to assist.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• skylanderbcskylanderbc Member Posts: 8
    Hey Everyone,

Just got my XC90 (been an Audi customer for the past 12 years and was very disappointed how they treated me as a customer when I was trying to buy a Q7). I am now a proud owner of an T6 XC90 R-Design AWD with the Vision and Convenience Package. Details below

MSRP: 59,365
    Discount: 5000
    Money Down: 4000
    Cap Cost Reduction: 2640 (Registration is 250 + Title Fee 450 + first months payment)
    MF: .0010
    Residual: 57%
    36month/10000 miles
    Monthly Payment: 660 with CA 9% sales tax.

Dealership was super chill and I am very happy with the deal that I got. Feel free to ask any questions to help your buying experience (I researched the F-Pace, Q7, X5 and the XC90)

Btw, Edmunds was super helpful in the whole process too.
    Congrats on the new Volvo!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    Getting a quote on T6 Momentum Plus / Vision.
    MSRP: $55,575
    Quote: $51,575 (probably can get this lower)
    CA

What would the MF and Residual be for 36 / 10k?

Thank you.
    oghowie said:

CA

Thank you.

.00061 and 57%.

With your prices, I get $603/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

oghowie said:

CA

Thank you.

.00061 and 57%.

Do residuals increase if I only end up going with the momentum plus package?
    oghowie said:

Michaell said:

oghowie said:

CA

Thank you.

.00061 and 57%.

Do residuals increase if I only end up going with the momentum plus package?
    Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sweetsysweetsy Member Posts: 2
    Hoping folks can help weigh in on whether this seems like a good deal or not -
    XC90 T6 AWD Momentum Plus with Vision Package, Convenience Package, Carplay, and Protection Plus with an MSRP of $58,085:
    $4700 down
    39 months/10K miles
    $619/month including CA sales tax
    It's basically the current national offer for a base T6 Momentum Plus (with MSRP of $53K), but including all the packages I would want, as well as some I don't necessary care about. I appreciate your insight! Thanks.
    MSRP: 58085.00
    New CAP COST: 54502.51
    Momentum Plus Pkg
    Vision Package
    Convenience Package
    Apple carplay
    Protection pkg plus Wood inlay steering wheel
    sweetsy said:

Hoping folks can help weigh in on whether this seems like a good deal or not -
    XC90 T6 AWD Momentum Plus with Vision Package, Convenience Package, Carplay, and Protection Plus with an MSRP of $58,085:
    $4700 down
    39 months/10K miles
    $619/month including CA sales tax
    It's basically the current national offer for a base T6 Momentum Plus (with MSRP of $53K), but including all the packages I would want, as well as some I don't necessary care about. I appreciate your insight! Thanks.
    MSRP: 58085.00
    New CAP COST: 54502.51
    Momentum Plus Pkg
    Vision Package
    Convenience Package
    Apple carplay
    Protection pkg plus Wood inlay steering wheel

.00069 MF and 56% residual.

I get $623/mo.+tax, with those numbers.
    Seems like the adjusted CAP would have to be lower than the $54502 number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sweetsysweetsy Member Posts: 2
    They were figuring out a way to get me to the national offer to lease for $569 mo., 39 mos.,
    $4,669 cash due at signing, based off a $53,255 MSRP so maybe they are just discounting down to that MSRP? That would be a $4800 discount, which is why this sounds like a good deal to me?

Incidentally, if anyone is interested, another dealership told me the 2017s won't be arriving until late October/ earlyNovember.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/offers/national#All-newXC90

Hey Everyone,

Just got my XC90 (been an Audi customer for the past 12 years and was very disappointed how they treated me as a customer when I was trying to buy a Q7). I am now a proud owner of an T6 XC90 R-Design AWD with the Vision and Convenience Package. Details below

Cap Cost Reduction: 2640 (Registration is 250 + Title Fee 450 + first months payment)
    36month/10000 miles

Dealership was super chill and I am very happy with the deal that I got. Feel free to ask any questions to help your buying experience (I researched the F-Pace, Q7, X5 and the XC90)

May I ask which dealer you went with to get $5k off? Are you in SoCal?
  • lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    oghowie said:

Hey Everyone,

36month/10000 miles

May I ask which dealer you went with to get $5k off? Are you in SoCal?
    I'd like to know too.
    Michaell said:

oghowie said:

CA

Thank you.

.00061 and 57%.

Would a 39 mo / 10k have better residual and MF? This seems to be what Volvo is advertising in SoCal.
    oghowie said:

Michaell said:

oghowie said:

CA

Thank you.

.00061 and 57%.

Would a 39 mo / 10k have better residual and MF? This seems to be what Volvo is advertising in SoCal.
    .00069 MF and 56% for 39/10. That will result in a lower payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mattgoosemattgoose Member Posts: 30
    Hi - can I have factors for T6 Momentum in Mass? 39/12 and 39/15 please.
    edited June 2016
    mattgoose said:

Hi - can I have factors for T6 Momentum in Mass? 39/12 and 39/15 please.

36/15 - .00061 and 54%
    39/15 - .00069 and 53%

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stlacurastlacura Member Posts: 26
    Anyone have numbers for a 2016 AWD R Design for 39/12 and 39/15?
  • stlacurastlacura Member Posts: 26
    stlacura said:

This would be for Colorado btw. Thank you!
    stlacura said:

stlacura said:

This would be for Colorado btw. Thank you!
    .00107 MF and 54%/52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• volvohnovolvohno Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2016
    Hello. What are the June MF and residuals for the T6 Momentum AWD for 36/12 and 36/15? Several people who have asked about 39 month leases. Is that a sweet spot for Volvos?
    volvohno said:

Hello. What are the June MF and residuals for the T6 Momentum AWD for 36/12 and 36/15? Several people who have asked about 39 month leases. Is that a sweet spot for Volvos?

.00061 MF and 56%/54% residual for 36 months.

.00069 MF and 55%/53% residual for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cbd9999cbd9999 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Looking for the MF/Residuals for a T5 Momentum AWD, located in Southern California.
  • mrscrubsmrscrubs Member Posts: 5
    Hi, guys. Looking for some assistance on MF/Resid. on a Momentum+ 3yr/10k lease in NY. Thanks in advance.
    cbd9999 said:

Hi, Looking for the MF/Residuals for a T5 Momentum AWD, located in Southern California.

.00126 MF and 55% residual for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mrscrubs said:

Hi, guys. Looking for some assistance on MF/Resid. on a Momentum+ 3yr/10k lease in NY. Thanks in advance.

T5? T5 AWD? T6 AWD? T8AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dtopgeardtopgear Member Posts: 25
    Hello all. Looking for the number for a 36month/10000 mile lease on a T8 AWD and a T6 AWD here in So FL. Seems to be a lot of XC90's on dealer lots so hoping I have some bargaining room now.

Thank you!