Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• lightblue1lightblue1 Member Posts: 4
    By the way the tax here is 10%
  • waterbenderwaterbender Member Posts: 1

Like to know what readers think of price I have got on 2017 CRV EX . Total cost , no trade in - out the door - all tax , license fees included . 31,000 . I also got what they call a "lifetime Warranty" and 3 years of Vehicle service. Is this a good deal or can a better one be had ? I gave them 1000 bucks to hold the car that is now being manufactured and arriving in 2-3 Weeks. They said I could have the 1000 back if I changed my mind . Thanks bob.

Which state did you get the car. Thanks
    Do you think it's a good deal - washington
  • jwdkhanjwdkhan Member Posts: 11
    Looks like the AWD Touring MSRP just went up by $40 on Honda's website unless I'm reading something wrong. I recall it showing for $34,595 with an included destination fee of $940 last week, it now seems to be $34,635.

Anyway I finalized my deal on a white AWD Touring this past weekend for: Cost of car $33,000, Tax of $3,235 (9.8%) and doc fee $495. I also had optional rear backup sensors installed for $700 and a special trailer hitch for $900 (the Touring tailgate foot sensor necessitates a special hitch setup) for a total out the door price of $38,500. This included a dealer added package worth $1,200 that I was not interested in but ended up getting for free as part of the deal (windshield covering, wheel lock nuts, Spoiler brake light Pulse function and interior heavy duty floor mats). I also negotiated a trade-in once the OTD price was decided which took another hour to complete. This was at Honda of Kirkland, WA. I spoke with a few other dealerships but this was the best price I could find and got the color/trim/options I was interested in.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    jwdkhan said:

Looks like the AWD Touring MSRP just went up by $40 on Honda's website unless I'm reading something wrong. I recall it showing for $34,595 with an included destination fee of $940 last week, it now seems to be $34,635.

Anyway I finalized my deal on a white AWD Touring this past weekend for: Cost of car $33,000, Tax of $3,235 (9.8%) and doc fee $495. I also had optional rear backup sensors installed for $700 and a special trailer hitch for $900 (the Touring tailgate foot sensor necessitates a special hitch setup) for a total out the door price of $38,500. This included a dealer added package worth $1,200 that I was not interested in but ended up getting for free as part of the deal (windshield covering, wheel lock nuts, Spoiler brake light Pulse function and interior heavy duty floor mats). I also negotiated a trade-in once the OTD price was decided which took another hour to complete. This was at Honda of Kirkland, WA. I spoke with a few other dealerships but this was the best price I could find and got the color/trim/options I was interested in.</

Congratulations and enjoy! Wow, the sales tax of 9.8% is painful. In SC, the max sales tax is $300, though we do pay a property tax each year based on the value of the vehicle.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• sirlantzalotsirlantzalot Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Congrats! I am just starting the "car buying adventure" and live in the same neck of the woods. Great job on the price, that's better than the Costco buying program price by $300. I am seeing inventories rise pretty quickly across all the dealers, EX-L is moving at a much faster clip than the Tourings, 3k bump will do that. Haven't convinced myself I really need Touring yet. It would be a total no brainer if they gave us CA's panoramic sunroof,
  • kanelaikanelai Member Posts: 2
    Got my 2017 CRV EX for OTD $29100, around 7% off MSRP. I am in MA so the tax is 6.25%. I think the deal I had is not bad. Besides I also purchase the ResistAll service for $377 tax included. If you are in Boston area you can contact me and I would love to share the dealer's information.
  • 2017_crv2017_crv Member Posts: 4
    kanelai said:

Got my 2017 CRV EX for OTD $29100, around 7% off MSRP. I am in MA so the tax is 6.25%. I think the deal I had is not bad. Besides I also purchase the ResistAll service for $377 tax included. If you are in Boston area you can contact me and I would love to share the dealer's information.

Is it AWD or FWD?

• egtuaryegtuary Member Posts: 3
    There were many reports saying many newly redesigned cars or suv have more defects. does 2017 crv fall in this category?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    egtuary said:

There were many reports saying many newly redesigned cars or suv have more defects. does 2017 crv fall in this category?

Haven't seen those reports.

Not sure how anyone would know about a model that's only been out for 3-4 weeks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vishnucrvvishnucrv Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I paid 2017 CRV EXL AWD in NJ

31400 OTD!

Is it good price!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,099
    egtuary said:
    While I don't dispute the facts in the article, there is obviously no mention of the 2017 CR-V.

You are free to pass on it - I'm sure Honda will sell every one they build.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• defuso10defuso10 Member Posts: 2
    I'm having no luck getting dealers in NYC to budge off MSRP for an EX. I've decided to get an AWD EX-L though and will try again as well as contacting other dealers outside the city. Any suggestions for what I should offer below MSRP based on the pricing we've been seeing so far? MSRP including destination is $31,395. So I was thinking I should shoot for something like $29,895. Does that seem doable?
    Mine was the EX-L in gunmetal gray. I got mine down to $29,010 with all weather mats and chrome locking lug nuts. Good luck
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    Not sure what is NJ tax rate, but assuming tax is 7% that is a very good deal
    vishnucrv said:

Hi

I paid 2017 CRV EXL AWD in NJ

31400 OTD!

Is it good price!

• hondanj2017hondanj2017 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    Got 2017 CRV EX - AWD in NJ
    Price $26,650 (No accessories) + $399 doc fee + TTL
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Congrats on the new Honda!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amish78amish78 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V awd touring after dealing with two dealers through email in nj.

pricing was $32,700 includes wheel locks and uv security.
    $32,700 + DMV (401) + doc fees ($389) + tax of 7%.  My wife is finishing up school so we also got the $500 new grad rebate.  Out the door price including tax was: $34,843.  Thought it was a pretty good price.  Bought it at Princeton Honda.  Did everything online.  Was litterally in and out within two hours. Would have been sooner had it not taken 30 minutes to contact my insurance.
  • neil1neil1 Member Posts: 20
    My wife is considering a new CR-V and waiting to see the new 2017 Mazda CX-5 (when it's released) - so we visited the closest Honda Dealer to us in Tampa yesterday-and drove one. It's really a nice car with the exception of a sometimes buzzy engine found in 4 cylinder cars. We didn't talk numbers but in addition to the regular MSRP sticker on the window it was interesting to see a second (dealer) sticker which added over $5000 for stuff like Nitrogen in the tires, paint protection, market adjustment and one or two other things. Who doesn't want Nitrogen in their tires? In the mean time we will wait for the new CX-5.
  • kanelaikanelai Member Posts: 2
    2017_crv said:

kanelai said:

Is it AWD or FWD?

AWD
  • egtuaryegtuary Member Posts: 3

did you get your EX AWD 8% off msrp?
  • hondanj2017hondanj2017 Member Posts: 3
    egtuary said:

did you get your EX AWD 8% off msrp?
    MSRP was $28895. I paid $26,650 including destination. Hope that helps. I think it would be 9.2% OFF MSRP.
  • rajesh9rajesh9 Member Posts: 11
    will it be good decision to buy 2016 as there is not much rebate going in 2017
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,099
    rajesh9 said:

will it be good decision to buy 2016 as there is not much rebate going in 2017

You would have to drive both of them to see which one you prefer. Yes, the deals are better on the 2016's, but there is a lot more tech and refinement on the 2017.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

jwdkhan said:

Anyway I finalized my deal on a white AWD Touring this past weekend for: Cost of car $33,000, Tax of $3,235 (9.8%) and doc fee $495. I also had optional rear backup sensors installed for $700 and a special trailer hitch for $900 (the Touring tailgate foot sensor necessitates a special hitch setup) for a total out the door price of $38,500. This included a dealer added package worth $1,200 that I was not interested in but ended up getting for free as part of the deal (windshield covering, wheel lock nuts, Spoiler brake light Pulse function and interior heavy duty floor mats). I also negotiated a trade-in once the OTD price was decided which took another hour to complete. This was at Honda of Kirkland, WA. I spoke with a few other dealerships but this was the best price I could find and got the color/trim/options I was interested in.

I checked my purchase paperwork over the weekend and noticed the CR-V's sale price was listed at MSRP but the trade-in value of the car I handed in was increased proportionately. So on paper I paid MSRP but in reality still paid the discounted price we had negotiated. Not sure why it was penned this way but otherwise my experience with Honda of Kirkland was good, second car I purchased from them.
    amish78 said:

Just bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V awd touring after dealing with two dealers through email in nj.

pricing was $32,700 includes wheel locks and uv security.
    $32,700 + DMV (401) + doc fees ($389) + tax of 7%.  My wife is finishing up school so we also got the $500 new grad rebate.  Out the door price including tax was: $34,843.  Thought it was a pretty good price.  Bought it at Princeton Honda.  Did everything online.  Was litterally in and out within two hours. Would have been sooner had it not taken 30 minutes to contact my insurance.

Excellent deal.
  • seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Hi, How much should I offer to buy (before tax, doc fee,etc) for 2017 CRV EX and EXL FWD?
  • billiestampsbilliestamps Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to everyone here for posting your experiences. I took the information here and on CR-V Owners' Club site and ended up just sending emails to several dealers with my offer on a 2017 CR-V EX-L FWD.
    Heard back from a couple that there was no point in me even coming in to sit down and talk to them as my offer was so unreasonable. I thanked them and said I understood.
    And then, a few days later, I got a call from the dealer where I got my last CR-V and they said they would sell me the car for what I wanted.
    My emails asked for the new car at
    9 percent off of MSRP, which was $30,095 (which included the $900 D/D. I had a 2012 CR-V EX with 66,000 miles that was rear ended a few months ago and had about $5,000 in body damage repairs.
    I said I wanted $11,500 for it.
    So I got the new car for $27,386.45, processing fee of $499, price before trade $27,885.45
    trade in of $11,500 tax was $1,287.58 licensing/registration/tire fee $38
    Perhaps I could have done better, but I felt I was being reasonable with the new car being out for only six weeks or so and because they all had so many 2016s still on their lots.
    I'll be back here in about four or five years to do it all again.
    Oh, it's White Diamond Pearl with black leather interior -- really pretty.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hello! Once again, Edmunds is partnering with Parents Magazine to help families find their perfect car. If you own one of the below vehicles and have children under the age of 12, we'd love to hear what you think of it.
    Here's a link to the survey - please give us your thoughts no later than March 1, 2017.
    Thanks for your help!

SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/wN9bw9FtPqRb2j4a2

Kia Soul (ideally 2017, 2016)
    Chevrolet Bolt (2017)
    Honda Civic (2016-17)
    Hyundai Sonata (2015-17)
    Subaru Crosstrek (2015-17)
    Honda CR-V (2017)
    Toyota Highlander (2017)
    Chrysler Pacifica (2017)
    Subaru Outback (2015-17)
    I see a lot of super deals being talked about - very low prices . But looking at the INVOICE prices I find quoted for the 2017 CR-V AWD EX Model - some of the prices people say they are getting are actually below invoice price. Price I was offered was a "Sales Price" of 27,900 + state fees of 255 +Licensing and doc fees of 190. My state is very high tax @ 2,651.00 - - This gives me an out the door Price of 31,002.00
  • yevsteryevster Member Posts: 5
    I went to few dealers last night (Dublin Honda and SF Honda). Tried to find out the pricing for 2017 CR-V Touring AWD and both dealers told me that MSRP is what they ask and probably can get $200 off of that. Thats all. May be this is because there are too many people with money in Bay Area? But Im glad I found this forum. There is tons of info and it seems that Touring AWD best price is $32,700. There only few cars available with white exterior and black interior. Hopefully they will agree on the offer Im going to make. Any feedback from fellow Bay Area residents? Any recommendation on dealerships?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited February 2017
    yevster said:

I went to few dealers last night (Dublin Honda and SF Honda). Tried to find out the pricing for 2017 CR-V Touring AWD and both dealers told me that MSRP is what they ask and probably can get $200 off of that. Thats all. May be this is because there are too many people with money in Bay Area? But Im glad I found this forum. There is tons of info and it seems that Touring AWD best price is $32,700. There only few cars available with white exterior and black interior. Hopefully they will agree on the offer Im going to make. Any feedback from fellow Bay Area residents? Any recommendation on dealerships?

Call / Email 10 to 15 Honda dealerships in your area at months end..... Tell each dealers Internet dept / mgr. you will buy said model today for 1500 below your models MSRP. Make your best deal On............ FEb 28th.

Use below site for best rated dealerships. I would extend your search 100 miles outside your area for best pricing

http://www.dealerrater.com/metro/San-Francisco-Bay-Area/Honda/

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• vijay_carsvijay_cars Member Posts: 9
    yevster said:

Try costco Auto. Concord Honda is part of costco auto

Price
    2WD: Invoice + $450
    AWD: Invoice + $750

yevster said:

Try costco Auto. Concord Honda is part of costco auto

Price
    2WD: Invoice + $450
    AWD: Invoice + $750
    Thanks for advise. Submitted request via Costco. Hopefully will hear from them soon.
    brian125 said:

yevster said:

Call / Email 10 to 15 Honda dealerships in your area at months end..... Tell each dealers Internet dept / mgr. you will buy said model today for 1500 below your models MSRP. Make your best deal On............ FEb 28th.

Use below site for best rated dealerships. I would extend your search 100 miles outside your area for best pricing

http://www.dealerrater.com/metro/San-Francisco-Bay-Area/Honda/
    Thank you. Will do just that. Too bad color combo that I'd like to get is not available at many dealers and if they become available, car fly off the lot with speed of light :)
  • gadriver4gadriver4 Member Posts: 15
    Purchased a 2017 CR-V EX-L 2WD, no nav, this weekend:

$30,135 MSRP
    $28,000 Price Paid
    $699 Dealer Fee
    $135 Electronic Registration, title & tag

Atlanta area, contacted 4 dealers. Willet Honda South is where I purchased and they were great. Not pushy and agreed to my trade in price I wanted. They told me EX-Ls with nav and Tourings are selling like hot cakes therefore no dealers are negotiating on them. I didn't want nav as Apple Play is amazing. They said most buyers are seeking nav.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2017
    Purchased 2017 Honda CR-V EXL AWD No Navigation on 02/18/2017

$31435 MSRP
    I got it for OTD price $31,000.00. Sale Tax in PA is 7%
    I think I got a very good deal.
    Did I?
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    tudiu said:

Purchased 2017 Honda CR-V EXL AWD No Navigation on 02/18/2017

$31435 MSRP
    I got it for OTD price $31,000.00. Sale Tax in PA is 7%
    I think I got a very good deal.
    Did I?

Cheapest I've seen in ma is 28650 for that model - if 31k was otd then it seems you did pretty well if including plates and paper nonsense. Nice work
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    Yes, $31K OTD is everything. Actually, The OTD was 95cents less. It was $30,999.05
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    neil1 said:

My wife is considering a new CR-V and waiting to see the new 2017 Mazda CX-5 (when it's released) - so we visited the closest Honda Dealer to us in Tampa yesterday-and drove one. It's really a nice car with the exception of a sometimes buzzy engine found in 4 cylinder cars. We didn't talk numbers but in addition to the regular MSRP sticker on the window it was interesting to see a second (dealer) sticker which added over $5000 for stuff like Nitrogen in the tires, paint protection, market adjustment and one or two other things. Who doesn't want Nitrogen in their tires? In the mean time we will wait for the new CX-5.

I hate dealership like this so i just avoid.

I use 78% nitrogen in my tires since air contains 78% nitrogen, that is what i tell them, then it is down hill from there.
  • dutchboyjecdutchboyjec Member Posts: 14
    yevster said:
    I'm curious to know if you have purchased in the Bay Area yet. I too have been looking in the Bay area and would like to purchase by the end of the month.  What do you feel would be a good deal?

I'm curious to know if you have purchased in the Bay Area yet. I too have been looking in the Bay area and would like to purchase by the end of the month.  What do you feel would be a good deal?

I am also trying to purchase in the bay area. I am currently negotiating with a dealer in Sacramento and he has agreed to give at Invoice price. I have a 2 hour drive though I think it is worth the travel. Will keep posted based on my experience
    I am also trying to purchase in the bay area. I am currently negotiating with a dealer in Sacramento and he has agreed to give at Invoice price. I have a 2 hour drive though I think it is worth the travel. Will keep posted based on my experience

Would appreciate that.  I'm interested in the 2017 ex-l awd.  I have heard invoice was about 29,800.  Have you heard the same?

Would appreciate that.  I'm interested in the 2017 ex-l awd.  I have heard invoice was about 29,800.  Have you heard the same?

I am looking for EX-L 2WD. I negotiated to $28,500. I will go to the dealership only when I get a mail confirmation on the price and the OTD price.
    I am looking for EX-L 2WD. I negotiated to $28,500. I will go to the dealership only when I get a mail confirmation on the price and the OTD price.

That sounds correct.  The awd is 1,300 additional.   GOOD LUCK to you!  Keep me posted!
  • seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Is it just me who thinks the wheels on the EX trim and above doesn't look that good? It looks a little better on the EX and EXL compared to the black accents on the wheel of the Touring model. They should make the wheels on the Touring model look more luxurious and less sporty since it is the top of the line model.
    yevster said:
    Call / Email 10 to 15 Honda dealerships in your area at months end..... Tell each dealers Internet dept / mgr. you will buy said model today for 1500 below your models MSRP. Make your best deal On............ FEb 28th. Use below site for best rated dealerships. I would extend your search 100 miles outside your area for best pricing http://www.dealerrater.com/metro/San-Francisco-Bay-Area/Honda/
    Thank you. Will do just that. Too bad color combo that I'd like to get is not available at many dealers and if they become available, car fly off the lot with speed of light :)