Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 BMW M4 Coupe and Convertible Leasing Questions

lambusserlambusser Posts: 41
edited February 2017 in BMW
Hello,

Wondering what the current MF and Residuals are for both the 2017 M4 Coupe and Convertable.

36/12k and 36/10k or each.

Thank you,
Lam
«1

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    lambusser said:

    Hello,

    Wondering what the current MF and Residuals are for both the 2017 M4 Coupe and Convertable.

    36/12k and 36/10k or each.

    Thank you,
    Lam

    .00136 MF and 60%/61% residual. $1000 option allowance
    Either model.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Thank you :)
  • Are there BMW loyalty rebates available on the 2017 M3 and M4?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    dmillions said:

    Are there BMW loyalty rebates available on the 2017 M3 and M4?

    We don't have any loyalty information

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Are there currently any pull ahead programs?

    Was offered a 2017 M4 coupe. $82,750 MSRP, sales price $79,210 including incentives. Money factor .00134, 61% residual, no cap reduction, 10k miles a year for $994 / month. $5,162 due at signing (first month's payment, taxes (NY), DMV, bank & doc fee). Feel like I can do better.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    stunyccpa said:

    Are there currently any pull ahead programs?

    Was offered a 2017 M4 coupe. $82,750 MSRP, sales price $79,210 including incentives. Money factor .00134, 61% residual, no cap reduction, 10k miles a year for $994 / month. $5,162 due at signing (first month's payment, taxes (NY), DMV, bank & doc fee). Feel like I can do better.

    No pull ahead programs that we see.

    I get $972/mo with those numbers - about $800 difference, in total.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 Coupe? Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    octoucan said:

    What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 Coupe? Thank you!

    .00134 MF and 58% residual for 36/15

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Are those Coupe numbers the same for the convertible?

    Thanks,
    Lam
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lambusser said:

    Are those Coupe numbers the same for the convertible?

    Thanks,
    Lam

    Yes

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • hi What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 and 2016 M4 GTS? Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    aspi007 said:

    hi What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 and 2016 M4 GTS? Thank you!

    2017 - .00134 and 61% for 36/10

    2016 4-series discussion is here:

    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/36226/bmw/4-series/2016-bmw-4-series-lease-questions#latest

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • What are the MF/RV for a 36/7,5k lease on an M4 coupe?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    What are the MF/RV for a 36/7,5k lease on an M4 coupe?

    10K is the lowest allowance

    36/10: .00140 MF and 61% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    What are April's numbers for 2017 M4 on a 36/10 and 36/12? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    lukeryan said:

    What are April's numbers for 2017 M4 on a 36/10 and 36/12? Thanks!

    .00146 MF and 61%/60% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    Would rly appreciate if I could run some numbers that I was recently quoted by you guys. 

    Was offered an individual color Mexico Blue M4 w/ ZCP.

    36/12

    MSRP: $87,740
    Sale Price: $82,740
    wants 5K total out of pocket for first month, all sales tax up front, registration, doc fees, etc.

    was quoted $1,090 a month. Thoughts? Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lukeryan said:

    Would rly appreciate if I could run some numbers that I was recently quoted by you guys. 

    Was offered an individual color Mexico Blue M4 w/ ZCP.

    36/12

    MSRP: $87,740
    Sale Price: $82,740
    wants 5K total out of pocket for first month, all sales tax up front, registration, doc fees, etc.

    was quoted $1,090 a month. Thoughts? Thanks!

    If the selling price is the cap cost, I get $1034/mo with those numbers.

    Confirm the cap cost - if higher than the selling price, find out what's been added. If it's the same, then the MF has been marked up.

    And, get a full accounting of the $5000 out of pocket.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    This is what I was shown:


  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

    NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

    We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    edited April 2017
    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

    NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

    We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).
    Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

    Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

    By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

    NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

    We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).
    Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

    Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

    By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
    As noted, the math on that worksheet is correct. Our recommendation is to roll those taxes into the lease payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get a refund of the taxes you pre-paid.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

    NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

    We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).
    Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

    Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

    By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
    As noted, the math on that worksheet is correct. Our recommendation is to roll those taxes into the lease payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get a refund of the taxes you pre-paid.
    I get what you're saying, but looking at the worksheet and all of the numbers can get quite confusing for an amateur like myself haha. Was wondering if you could help me out with what numbers would look like if I roll taxes into payment and only put down first month and DMV fees.

    Also, does that doc fee seem pretty high at $500.00? I mean, what are normal upfront non-taxable gov't fees?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,239
    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    Michaell said:

    lukeryan said:

    This is what I was shown:


    The math is correct.

    What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

    NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

    We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).
    Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

    Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

    By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
    As noted, the math on that worksheet is correct. Our recommendation is to roll those taxes into the lease payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get a refund of the taxes you pre-paid.
    I get what you're saying, but looking at the worksheet and all of the numbers can get quite confusing for an amateur like myself haha. Was wondering if you could help me out with what numbers would look like if I roll taxes into payment and only put down first month and DMV fees.

    Also, does that doc fee seem pretty high at $500.00? I mean, what are normal upfront non-taxable gov't fees?
    The taxes will add about $100/mo to the payment ($3800 taxes, 36 month lease ... )

    I thought NY capped the doc fee at $75; I'd challenge that. Everything else looks as expected.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    Why are you shopping in NY, when you are in LA? Guessing that is not a NY dealer. Also, lease quotes should reflect the tax rate where you will register the car. You have to be careful about paying taxes out of state, if your state doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with the other state.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    kyfdx said:

    Why are you shopping in NY, when you are in LA? Guessing that is not a NY dealer. Also, lease quotes should reflect the tax rate where you will register the car. You have to be careful about paying taxes out of state, if your state doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with the other state.

    Was talking to a guy who I was referred to in NJ. He had built that quote around a client he had already sold to in Brooklyn and I guess because sales tax is almost identical btw NY and LA, that was what he came up with. I would be registering car in LA regardless of what state it is sold in anyways.
  • lukeryanlukeryan Posts: 23
    You guys think all-in-all a good deal though? Getting 5K off MSRP.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    lukeryan said:

    You guys think all-in-all a good deal though? Getting 5K off MSRP.

    As noted before, NY collects tax upfront, while CA taxes the monthly payment.
    While the money upfront and final payment should be similar, there will be major differences in how the numbers are allocated.

    It looks like a decent deal, but I have a hard time believing you couldn't get the same deal in California. There are a couple of BMW dealers out there.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.