Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW M4 Coupe and Convertible Leasing Questions

lambusserlambusser Member Posts: 46
edited February 2017 in BMW
Hello,

Wondering what the current MF and Residuals are for both the 2017 M4 Coupe and Convertable.

36/12k and 36/10k or each.

Thank you,
Lam

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    lambusser said:

Hello,

Wondering what the current MF and Residuals are for both the 2017 M4 Coupe and Convertable.

36/12k and 36/10k or each.

Thank you,
    Lam

.00136 MF and 60%/61% residual. $1000 option allowance
    Either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lambusserlambusser Member Posts: 46
    Thank you :)
  • dmillionsdmillions Member Posts: 20
    Are there BMW loyalty rebates available on the 2017 M3 and M4?
    dmillions said:

Are there BMW loyalty rebates available on the 2017 M3 and M4?

We don't have any loyalty information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    Are there currently any pull ahead programs?

Was offered a 2017 M4 coupe. $82,750 MSRP, sales price $79,210 including incentives. Money factor .00134, 61% residual, no cap reduction, 10k miles a year for $994 / month. $5,162 due at signing (first month's payment, taxes (NY), DMV, bank & doc fee). Feel like I can do better.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,547
    stunyccpa said:

Are there currently any pull ahead programs?

Was offered a 2017 M4 coupe. $82,750 MSRP, sales price $79,210 including incentives. Money factor .00134, 61% residual, no cap reduction, 10k miles a year for $994 / month. $5,162 due at signing (first month's payment, taxes (NY), DMV, bank & doc fee). Feel like I can do better.

No pull ahead programs that we see.

I get $972/mo with those numbers - about $800 difference, in total.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55
    What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 Coupe? Thank you!
    octoucan said:

What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 Coupe? Thank you!

.00134 MF and 58% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lambusserlambusser Member Posts: 46
    Are those Coupe numbers the same for the convertible?

Thanks,
    Lam
    lambusser said:

Are those Coupe numbers the same for the convertible?

Thanks,
    Lam

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• aspi007aspi007 Member Posts: 40
    hi What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 and 2016 M4 GTS? Thank you!
    aspi007 said:

hi What is MF and RV for 2017 BMW M4 and 2016 M4 GTS? Thank you!

2017 - .00134 and 61% for 36/10

2016 4-series discussion is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/36226/bmw/4-series/2016-bmw-4-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• longhorn_bmwlonghorn_bmw Member Posts: 8
    What are the MF/RV for a 36/7,5k lease on an M4 coupe?

What are the MF/RV for a 36/7,5k lease on an M4 coupe?

10K is the lowest allowance

36/10: .00140 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lukeryanlukeryan Member Posts: 27
    What are April's numbers for 2017 M4 on a 36/10 and 36/12? Thanks!
    lukeryan said:

What are April's numbers for 2017 M4 on a 36/10 and 36/12? Thanks!

.00146 MF and 61%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Would rly appreciate if I could run some numbers that I was recently quoted by you guys. 

Was offered an individual color Mexico Blue M4 w/ ZCP.

36/12

MSRP: $87,740
    Sale Price: $82,740
    wants 5K total out of pocket for first month, all sales tax up front, registration, doc fees, etc.

was quoted $1,090 a month. Thoughts? Thanks!
    lukeryan said:

Would rly appreciate if I could run some numbers that I was recently quoted by you guys. 

Was offered an individual color Mexico Blue M4 w/ ZCP.

36/12

MSRP: $87,740
    Sale Price: $82,740
    wants 5K total out of pocket for first month, all sales tax up front, registration, doc fees, etc.

was quoted $1,090 a month. Thoughts? Thanks!

If the selling price is the cap cost, I get $1034/mo with those numbers.

Confirm the cap cost - if higher than the selling price, find out what's been added. If it's the same, then the MF has been marked up.

And, get a full accounting of the $5000 out of pocket.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This is what I was shown:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?
    Was quoted for NY. I live in Los Angeles. Almost identical sales tax.
    lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?
    Hmm. Then the tax amount seems incorrect.

NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2017
    Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?

NY taxes the sum of the payments and collects that money up front. CA taxes the monthly payment, so the total amount is irrelevant.

We recommend not putting any money down on a lease - limit the upfront cash to just the first payment and non-taxable government fees (DMV costs).
    Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
    lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?

Do you know what those numbers would look like given all the info I was provided?

Just trying to double check everything before I go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks for all of your help!

By the way, I was told that is exactly what this quote is designed around. Taking sum of total payments and taxing up front. That's why cap taxes are $3,782, correct?
    As noted, the math on that worksheet is correct. Our recommendation is to roll those taxes into the lease payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get a refund of the taxes you pre-paid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?

As noted, the math on that worksheet is correct. Our recommendation is to roll those taxes into the lease payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get a refund of the taxes you pre-paid.
    I get what you're saying, but looking at the worksheet and all of the numbers can get quite confusing for an amateur like myself haha. Was wondering if you could help me out with what numbers would look like if I roll taxes into payment and only put down first month and DMV fees.

Also, does that doc fee seem pretty high at $500.00? I mean, what are normal upfront non-taxable gov't fees?
    lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

The math is correct.

What state is this?

I get what you're saying, but looking at the worksheet and all of the numbers can get quite confusing for an amateur like myself haha. Was wondering if you could help me out with what numbers would look like if I roll taxes into payment and only put down first month and DMV fees.

Also, does that doc fee seem pretty high at $500.00? I mean, what are normal upfront non-taxable gov't fees?
    The taxes will add about $100/mo to the payment ($3800 taxes, 36 month lease ... )

I thought NY capped the doc fee at $75; I'd challenge that. Everything else looks as expected.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Why are you shopping in NY, when you are in LA? Guessing that is not a NY dealer. Also, lease quotes should reflect the tax rate where you will register the car. You have to be careful about paying taxes out of state, if your state doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with the other state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Why are you shopping in NY, when you are in LA? Guessing that is not a NY dealer. Also, lease quotes should reflect the tax rate where you will register the car. You have to be careful about paying taxes out of state, if your state doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with the other state.

Was talking to a guy who I was referred to in NJ. He had built that quote around a client he had already sold to in Brooklyn and I guess because sales tax is almost identical btw NY and LA, that was what he came up with. I would be registering car in LA regardless of what state it is sold in anyways.
    You guys think all-in-all a good deal though? Getting 5K off MSRP.
    lukeryan said:

As noted before, NY collects tax upfront, while CA taxes the monthly payment.
    While the money upfront and final payment should be similar, there will be major differences in how the numbers are allocated.

It looks like a decent deal, but I have a hard time believing you couldn't get the same deal in California. There are a couple of BMW dealers out there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

lukeryan said:

While the money upfront and final payment should be similar, there will be major differences in how the numbers are allocated.

It looks like a decent deal, but I have a hard time believing you couldn't get the same deal in California. There are a couple of BMW dealers out there.
    I don't understand why there would be major differences in how numbers are allocated. And even if they are, why would it matter if upfront and final payment are almost identical? Why wouldn't I be able to get same deal in LA?
    lukeryan said:

kyfdx said:

lukeryan said:

I don't understand why there would be major differences in how numbers are allocated. And even if they are, why would it matter if upfront and final payment are almost identical? Why wouldn't I be able to get same deal in LA?
    If you give the NY dealer $5000, it's possible some of that will be used to pay the tax, which is collected up front.

If you give the CA dealer $5000, it's likely that most of that amount will be used as cap reduction.

Our point is that you should be able to get a similar deal in CA.

One other thing - how would you get the car from NY to CA? Ship it? Figure a grand, at least, for those costs. Fly out and drive it back? You'll start your lease with 2500+ miles on your new car.

I guess you're making what should be an easy transaction complicated.

Work with a CA dealer - who knows how many there are between SD and LA? Dozens? One of them may want to sell you that M4 for $5K off sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

kyfdx said:

lukeryan said:

If you give the NY dealer $5000, it's possible some of that will be used to pay the tax, which is collected up front.

If you give the CA dealer $5000, it's likely that most of that amount will be used as cap reduction.

One other thing - how would you get the car from NY to CA? Ship it? Figure a grand, at least, for those costs. Fly out and drive it back? You'll start your lease with 2500+ miles on your new car.

Work with a CA dealer - who knows how many there are between SD and LA? Dozens? One of them may want to sell you that M4 for $5K off sticker.
    Wouldn't pay 5K up front if I were leasing in CA. Only $ I would give up front is first month and all DMV fees like you said to do earlier. Have an offer from the broker in NY to cover half of the shipping cost to do the deal.

You're right though. It would be much easier to do the deal somewhere within 200 miles of LA. Just worried I might not get the same deal, or they won't have same inventory. We shall see. The saga continues. Thanks for all of your guys' help though! Much appreciated.
    lukeryan said:

Michaell said:

lukeryan said:

kyfdx said:

lukeryan said:

Wouldn't pay 5K up front if I were leasing in CA. Only $ I would give up front is first month and all DMV fees like you said to do earlier. Have an offer from the broker in NY to cover half of the shipping cost to do the deal.

You're right though. It would be much easier to do the deal somewhere within 200 miles of LA. Just worried I might not get the same deal, or they won't have same inventory. We shall see. The saga continues. Thanks for all of your guys' help though! Much appreciated.
    Since I'm a complete stranger on the internet, let me play devil's advocate.

When you're shopping in that price range (heck, anything over $40K is stratospheric to me), you should get exactly what you want - color, options, etc. If you have to go to NY to get that exact car, I can understand that.

But, there are a ton of BMW dealers closer to CA than NY. Is this particular M4 a unicorn? Phoenix, Vegas, San Francisco, Denver, Portland, Seattle - all of those place should have a car similar to the one in NY.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• abates1abates1 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone feel me if any of these are good deals? I've been shopping around...
    I won't have the RF or MF on any of these...

1. 2017 bmw m4
    msrp $54,625
    $2000 drive off
    $648.41/month
    15K miles
    36 months

2. 2017 porsche macan s
    msrp $61,495
    $2,352.44 drive off
    $833/month
    15 k miles
    36 months

3. 2017 bmw m4
    msrp $79,505
    $3,888 drive off
    $861/month
    10K miles
    36 months
    abates1 said:

Can someone feel me if any of these are good deals? I've been shopping around...
    I won't have the RF or MF on any of these...

1. 2017 bmw m4
    msrp $54,625
    $2000 drive off
    $648.41/month
    15K miles
    36 months

2. 2017 porsche macan s
    msrp $61,495
    $2,352.44 drive off
    $833/month
    15 k miles
    36 months

3. 2017 bmw m4
    msrp $79,505
    $3,888 drive off
    $861/month
    10K miles
    36 months

What is #1? It can't be an M4 with that MSRP.

We would need sale prices, adjusted CAP costs, state and tax rate, even to hazard a guess.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• autechpanautechpan Member Posts: 10
    What are the current MF and Residuals are for the 2017 M4 Coupe.

36/12k

are they different for 2018 models?
    autechpan said:

What are the current MF and Residuals are for the 2017 M4 Coupe.

36/12k

are they different for 2018 models?

.00150 and 60% for the 2017

The 2018 4-series lease thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44855/bmw/4-series/2018-bmw-4-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• the_yeomanthe_yeoman Member Posts: 27
    Any July numbers for the 2017 M4? 36/10K and any incentives?

Thanks!

Any July numbers for the 2017 M4? 36/10K and any incentives?

Thanks!

.00151 MF and 61% residual

No incentive info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jayw7jayw7 Member Posts: 9
    Any August numbers for 2017 M4 36/10K?
    Thank you!
    jayw7 said:

Any August numbers for 2017 M4 36/10K?
    Thank you!

.00151 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jayw7jayw7 Member Posts: 9
    As always, thank you for your help. 
  • judeb1judeb1 Member Posts: 36
    hi. lease MF and residual for 36/10K M4. and amy incentives.

thanks
    judeb1 said:

thanks

.00152 MF and 61% residual
    $3000 lease credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• arb1330arb1330 Member Posts: 36
    kyfdx said:
    hi. lease MF and residual for 36/10K M4. and amy incentives. thanks
    .00152 MF and 61% residual $3000 lease credit.
    How does the lease credit work? Just cap cost reduction? Can you apply fleet on top of that? Any extra for current BMW lessee?
    arb1330 said:

kyfdx said:

judeb1 said:

thanks

$3000 lease credit.

How does the lease credit work? Just cap cost reduction? Can you apply fleet on top of that? Any extra for current BMW lessee?

Yes, cap reduction.

I think fleet will stack - is there still a fleet lease incentive?

No information on loyalty.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:
    hi. lease MF and residual for 36/10K M4. and amy incentives. thanks
    .00152 MF and 61% residual $3000 lease credit.
    Yes, cap reduction. I think fleet will stack - is there still a fleet lease incentive? No information on loyalty.
    $500. Not sure on fleet MF discount - anyone know?
    arb1330 said:

Michaell said:

arb1330 said:

kyfdx said:

judeb1 said:

thanks

$3000 lease credit.

Yes, cap reduction.

I think fleet will stack - is there still a fleet lease incentive?

No information on loyalty.

$500. Not sure on fleet MF discount - anyone know?

The MF fleet discount has been discontinued.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Nov numbers when they’re available? 36/10 coupe. Thanks.