Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• dutchboyjecdutchboyjec Member Posts: 14
    Any progress?
  • yevsteryevster Member Posts: 5
    Well, I've been hunting for Touring AWD all around bay area. Only few available and dealers do not go below MSRP. Going through Costco Auto program is cheaper ($750 over invoice) but wait time is ridiculous - end march through mid april (as its not yet been manufactured).
    Going for final negotiations tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

BTW is there a way to not to pay dealer paperwork fees, delivery fee ($940) and possibly other savings I can ask / negotiate for? Thanks!
  • tom911tom911 Member Posts: 63
    Honda has started production of the CRV at a new plant. Hopefully this will help.

http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/30731/20170217/2017-honda-cr-v-indeed-hot-selling-crossover-best-cars.htm
  • dougg17dougg17 Member Posts: 1
    Have you guys tried Livermore Honda, one of my buddy got civic from there and he said he got good price. Let me know if Livermore Honda has any good deals on CR-V
  • vijay_carsvijay_cars Member Posts: 9
    dougg17 said:

Have you guys tried Livermore Honda, one of my buddy got civic from there and he said he got good price. Let me know if Livermore Honda has any good deals on CR-V

If you can get the actual sales person, then try it. I tried with the internet sales team and they want MSRP
    yevster said:
    Well, I've been hunting for Touring AWD all around bay area. Only few available and dealers do not go below MSRP. Going through Costco Auto program is cheaper ($750 over invoice) but wait time is ridiculous - end march through mid april (as its not yet been manufactured). Going for final negotiations tomorrow. Wish me luck :) BTW is there a way to not to pay dealer paperwork fees, delivery fee ($940) and possibly other savings I can ask / negotiate for? Thanks!

Ok.  Anxious to know your deal...let us know...Hope you got a good one.
  • vijay_carsvijay_cars Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2017
    ok. I finally got the final quote from Mel Rapton Honda Sacramento. Price $28,895.00. Doc fee $80. Tax $2,697.67. Fees $517.75. Total $32,190.42.

This is for a 2WD EX-L

I am not going ahead. Planning to wait.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The '17 CRV is interesting to me because it is one of the few times I remember Honda dealers having a fair share of the prior year ('16 in this case) still on the lot.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Production date on CRV's went longer thru past year. The 16 Optima the same thing. New 17 Optima's are just hitting lots

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• spriebusspriebus Member Posts: 2
    I found this image before I started negotiating and it really helped.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/S2k_Dude/CRV_Pricing.jpeg

Finally, I went with the costco auto program after surveying a few dealerships(6-7).
    Costco provided me with contacts from a dealership an hour away(50 miles) from me but they were a small family owned dealership that needed to attract customers from a bigger city seeing there aren't many buyers in their area. So I told them they'd need to provide me with a quote via email that would entice me to drive all the way out there to make the deal and they did!

No other dealer was able to match/beat their offer($28,100 including destination charge).
    I finally paid just under $31K out the door with a 'Pro Pack' for the 2017 CRV EX-L(no navi). I was out of the dealership in less than 3hrs with a brand new car.
    yevster said:
    Well, I've been hunting for Touring AWD all around bay area. Only few available and dealers do not go below MSRP. Going through Costco Auto program is cheaper ($750 over invoice) but wait time is ridiculous - end march through mid april (as its not yet been manufactured). Going for final negotiations tomorrow. Wish me luck :) BTW is there a way to not to pay dealer paperwork fees, delivery fee ($940) and possibly other savings I can ask / negotiate for? Thanks!

How did you do?
  • yevsteryevster Member Posts: 5
    I finally got CRV Touring AWD (black with beige) from Oakland Honda. They had only one with added options worth $700. I was able to negotiate price to $34K (basically $500 below MSRP + free $700 accessories that already were added, like trunk rubber protection, splash guards, side moldings, lock nuts). Was trying to ask for more accessories but was unable to get a dime. There is very limited number of Touring AWD available and dealers dont negotiate. Since I needed a car asap and I did not want to wait for over 1 month to get it delivered, I went for it. My wife is very happy and said that price works for her. Hope you can save more $$ then I did, but this is what I got. Hope this info helps!
  • punnu5punnu5 Member Posts: 2
    spriebus said:

Finally, I went with the costco auto program after surveying a few dealerships(6-7).
    Costco provided me with contacts from a dealership an hour away(50 miles) from me but they were a small family owned dealership that needed to attract customers from a bigger city seeing there aren't many buyers in their area. So I told them they'd need to provide me with a quote via email that would entice me to drive all the way out there to make the deal and they did!

No other dealer was able to match/beat their offer($28,100 including destination charge).
    I finally paid just under $31K out the door with a 'Pro Pack' for the 2017 CRV EX-L(no navi). I was out of the dealership in less than 3hrs with a brand new car.

whats the location and dealership name?
  • punnu5punnu5 Member Posts: 2
    punnu5 said:

spriebus said:

spriebus said:

and was it a AWD?
    Got my car!  Best deal I was able to get.  30,500 including destination.  Plus tax and dmv.  33,360.  2017 crv ex-l. Awd. Northern California. I'm happy.  I'm sure if I waited a few months price may come down a bit.  But inventory was low and demand was high and I needed a car!  Good luck everyone.  Anyone in the Bay Area, highly recommend using Joel Fine at Redwood Credit Union Auto Services.  He made closing the deal and getting the car I wanted, a breeze.  No hassles and no pressures!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

Got my car!  Best deal I was able to get.  30,500 including destination.  Plus tax and dmv.  33,360.  2017 crv ex-l. Awd. Northern California. I'm happy.  I'm sure if I waited a few months price may come down a bit.  But inventory was low and demand was high and I needed a car!  Good luck everyone.  Anyone in the Bay Area, highly recommend using Joel Fine at Redwood Credit Union Auto Services.  He made closing the deal and getting the car I wanted, a breeze.  No hassles and no pressures!

Congrats! Sharp looking car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stephencolostephencolo Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a 2017 CRV EX AWD to purchase this week in the Denver, CO area. Any recommendations? So far, I can't get anyone below $31K out the door (includes 8.845% tax).
  • NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    edited March 2017

I'm looking for a 2017 CRV EX AWD to purchase this week in the Denver, CO area. Any recommendations? So far, I can't get anyone below $31K out the door (includes 8.845% tax).

stephencolo, great question! I'm seeing the true market value in Denver to be around $28,300. With a tax rate of 8.845% that would add about $2,500. Then you have to add that pesky Documentation Fee (which there is no state limit in CO) and that averages around $490. Then add DMV fees which our data says averages around $533. Then there usually some small municipal fees but you would be looking at a OTD of around $31,830. Is it possible to get it to $31K OTD? Yes, but the demand for SUVs have been through the roof and the 2017 CR-V just hit dealership lots at the end of December 2016. The demand and hype on the new CR-v is probably still pretty high. I would recommend trying to get the dealerships to compete for your business. Also, from my experience, larger inventory dealerships are usually more willing to discount the car versus a smaller inventory dealership. I would email each dealership and say you are talking with other Honda dealerships about a 2017 AWD EX and you would like to hear their best offer (then negotiate with them after they send you their "best price").

Edmunds Moderator
  • ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33

stephencolo, great question! I'm seeing the true market value in Denver to be around $28,300. With a tax rate of 8.845% that would add about $2,500. Then you have to add that pesky Documentation Fee (which there is no state limit in CO) and that averages around $290. Then add DMV fees which our data says averages around $533. Then there usually some small municipal fees but you would be looking at a OTD of around $31,830. Is it possible to get it to $31K OTD? Yes, but the demand for SUVs have been through the roof and the 2017 CR-V just hit dealership lots at the end of December 2016. The demand and hype on the new CR-v is probably still pretty high. I would recommend trying to get the dealerships to compete for your business. Also, from my experience, larger inventory dealerships are usually more willing to discount the car versus a smaller inventory dealership. I would email each dealership and say you are talking with other Honda dealerships about a 2017 AWD EX and you would like to hear their best offer (then negotiate with them after they send you their "best price").

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • stephencolostephencolo Member Posts: 2
    NathanCrumback, thanks for your help! I'm seeing my best OTD price for a EX AWD in the Denver area is $30,400 including 8.845% taxes but not including licensing. It sounds like that is a pretty good deal (need to double-confirm it by email before trekking into the dealership).
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

NathanCrumback, thanks for your help! I'm seeing my best OTD price for a EX AWD in the Denver area is $30,400 including 8.845% taxes but not including licensing. It sounds like that is a pretty good deal (need to double-confirm it by email before trekking into the dealership).

What do you mean by "not including licensing"?

If you are referring to registration, that is not paid at the dealer; rather, you pay it to your county (along with the personal property tax that is assessed).

Your final cost should be:

negotiated price + sales tax + dealer fee

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sortega27sortega27 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2017 Honda CRV EX AWD for 26,300 in the Boston area. Let me know if you need more details about the dealer. 

Michaell made a good point about the registration (I forgot how they do registration in CO). I think $30,400 is a good deal at this point in time if that is an out the door price. I'm guessing that would put the actual sales price just above invoice.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • sammi_88sammi_88 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I'm in the Seattle area and was looking for some direction or advice on what I should expect to pay. I'd like the 2017 CRV, EX or EX-L. I feel a bit overwhelmed and that I'm going to get bamboozled by a car dealership. They keep telling me that it's just MSRP prices because they are "so hot" right now. Except, I don't see many new CRV's in Seattle.....just lots of Subarus and Acuras.
    sammi_88 said:

Hi. I'm in the Seattle area and was looking for some direction or advice on what I should expect to pay. I'd like the 2017 CRV, EX or EX-L. I feel a bit overwhelmed and that I'm going to get bamboozled by a car dealership. They keep telling me that it's just MSRP prices because they are "so hot" right now. Except, I don't see many new CRV's in Seattle.....just lots of Subarus and Acuras.

Are you looking at an AWD or FWD CR-V?
    Edmunds Moderator
  • laniloulanilou Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2017 CRV EX-L in Utah for 32K out the door. I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller. I would not suggest a single woman going car shopping unless you have good negotiation skills. I noticed several people paying 31K out the door. When I brought that up to the dealer he said they have lied or had a trade in figured in that price. I have 7 days where they will adjust the price if I can prove other people are buying it cheaper than 32K. I would think it would have to be in the intermountain area or west. Please let me know if anyone can help. Or your experience. Thanks.
  • spriebusspriebus Member Posts: 2
    punnu5 said:

spriebus said:

Regal Lakeland in FL
    lanilou said:

I just bought a 2017 CRV EX-L in Utah for 32K out the door. I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller. I would not suggest a single woman going car shopping unless you have good negotiation skills. I noticed several people paying 31K out the door. When I brought that up to the dealer he said they have lied or had a trade in figured in that price. I have 7 days where they will adjust the price if I can prove other people are buying it cheaper than 32K. I would think it would have to be in the intermountain area or west. Please let me know if anyone can help. Or your experience. Thanks.

Is the CR-V AWD or FWD? Also, I'm assuming it is not equipped with navigation. Is that correct?
    Edmunds Moderator
    So far, I've only talked to one dealership in Seattle and he's telling me that there are no market discounts because the Honda CR-V is so new......uhhhh.....we are talking about a Honda right? I'm trying to purchase a car for elderly parents. Should I just go with a Subaru Forester instead? They are offering those with a discount off of invoice.
    edited March 2017
    @NathanCrumback

Nathan. I'm new to the site. How do I reply to what you wrote me? I am looking for AWD EX or EX-L model. No nav.
  • bsktball1985bsktball1985 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Kansas but found a dealer in Oklahoma that sold me a 2017 EXL 2wd for $28,275. MSRP was $30,095. Came with tinted front windows and extra floor mats with no extra charge. I walked out the door at $28,693 minus the sales tax... obviously. This was with no negotiating, that was there advertised price.
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    Anyone with recent experiences with Florida dealers and discounts on the 2017 CR-V?
    sammi_88 said:

@NathanCrumback

Nathan. I'm new to the site. How do I reply to what you wrote me? I am looking for AWD EX or EX-L model. No nav.

@sammi_88, to reply to a specific comment, you just select the button that says "quote" for that comment. That will copy and past that comment into your "leave a comment" box. Then you just type out your response below that.

You can also use the "@" symbol with the user name and that will tag a person in your comment.

As for your parents, the Forester is a good option since they are up in Utah. They probably have a lot better discounts than the CR-V right now since the 2017 CR-V just came out in December 2016. I would have them test drive each vehicle and see which one they like better. Things can look good on paper but if they're more comfortable in the CR-V and like it better than the Forester, I would obviously say go with the CR-V.
    Edmunds Moderator

I live in Kansas but found a dealer in Oklahoma that sold me a 2017 EXL 2wd for $28,275. MSRP was $30,095. Came with tinted front windows and extra floor mats with no extra charge. I walked out the door at $28,693 minus the sales tax... obviously. This was with no negotiating, that was there advertised price.

That is around the invoice price and seems like a good deal. It looks like the average price is $29,775 in OK.
    Edmunds Moderator
    dacarmon said:

Anyone with recent experiences with Florida dealers and discounts on the 2017 CR-V?

What is your zip code or is there any specific city/region of FL you're looking for?
    Edmunds Moderator
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    Tampa Bay area - would be willing to travel a few hours for the right deal.
    @dacarmon, thanks! I don't have any specific examples but it looks like the average discount is around $700 off MSRP based on our data for the Tampa region. With the average doc fees in FL being almost $700, it is negating the discount.

Is there a specific trim level you're looking for on the CR-V?

Does anyone have a recent deal in FL for a CR-V?
    Edmunds Moderator
  • misssunshinemisssunshine Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    After reading everyone's insight, I went and got my 2017 FWD EX-L today in gunmetal in Southern California. The price of the car was $27,962. Taxes, fees, and everything all together was $30,672 OTD with no trade-in. Unfortunately, there weren't any incentives because it is hot commodity at the moment. Had I been a student (AA, BA, or Masters), I would have received an extra $500. I feel like I got a pretty sweet deal. Best of luck to y'all getting this car. It's a great ride! 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,531

After reading everyone's insight, I went and got my 2017 FWD EX-L today in gunmetal in Southern California. The price of the car was $27,962. Taxes, fees, and everything all together was $30,672 OTD with no trade-in. Unfortunately, there weren't any incentives because it is hot commodity at the moment. Had I been a student (AA, BA, or Masters), I would have received an extra $500. I feel like I got a pretty sweet deal. Best of luck to y'all getting this car. It's a great ride! 

Congrats on the new CR-V!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• npjhdaynpjhday Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Should have read here prior! Always day late dollars short...
    CRV 2017 EXL AWD no nav black/ivory only 7 on lot and 2 EXLs...plenty of 2016s
    Seattle area  said COSTCO exempt?!
    MSRP 31450
    Deal 30325
    molded mats
    door guard trim
    emblem trim
    blinking breaks feature installed 
    rear tray 
    $200 referral check mailed to friend who will split 
    tax lic doc all fees 2820,200,150
    OTD 33,500
    Decent Average deal? (Hopefully) I'm exhausted!!
    @npjhday, average sales price in Seattle area looks like $31,274. So, $1,100 off is looking good especially with all the other things you received. I think it is a good deal at this moment.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • duyunfeng1012duyunfeng1012 Member Posts: 10
    I just bought 2017 crv exl AWD no nav today.
    just want share some information with other people who interesting this vehicle,
    location: MD , on the road price $31550 no accessories add on it.
    i think I got good deal in md.
  • griffin5griffin5 Member Posts: 21
    We are looking at purchasing a CRV EX or EX-L AWD in Northern NJ. Interested to hear what prices people are paying in this area.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,531

I just bought 2017 crv exl AWD no nav today.
    just want share some information with other people who interesting this vehicle,
    location: MD , on the road price $31550 no accessories add on it.
    i think I got good deal in md.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rdbm3rdbm3 Member Posts: 6
    Hi. Anyone out there who's bought a 2017 EX-L in the Phoenix area that will share there buying experience and price paid? Thanks!
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    If you are waiting for prices to come down, it may be awhile.
  • nero_banero_ba Member Posts: 3
    sortega27 said:

I just bought a 2017 Honda CRV EX AWD for 26,300 in the Boston area. Let me know if you need more details about the dealer. 

Hi Sortega27,
    Can you please provide the dealership. Interested in purchasing a 2017 CR-V and you got a great price on yours.
    Thanks.