Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• aledokataledokat Member Posts: 2
    New to the site. Just started shopping for 2017 CR-V LX or EX, 2WD, no Nav near Ft Worth TX 76008. Any advice or recent buying experiences?
  • rupterrupter Member Posts: 69
    Honda just announced 0.9 percent financing for 60 months for the 2017 CRV. Prices should come down on these because there is a heck of alot of competition out there. Be patient people if you can.
  • dlm820dlm820 Member Posts: 31
    rupter said:

Honda just announced 0.9 percent financing for 60 months for the 2017 CRV. Prices should come down on these because there is a heck of alot of competition out there. Be patient people if you can.

Did they happen to mention when the financing would go into effect?

Looking for the '17 for the wife and have been waiting patiently for this news. Also hoping that you are right that the prices will be coming down somewhat over the next few months.

Such a nice car, and sooooo hard to wait.
  • crv123crv123 Member Posts: 33
    I have used this site in the past and found much of the information very helpful. Now it is our turn to share.

We purchased a 2017 CRV Touring. Location -- Boston
    Price -- 30,900
    Additional Accessories -- 1790*
    Int/Ext Protection & Key Protection -- 618**
    Gap Insurance -- 250
    Extended Warranty -- 1170
    Doc fee, taxes and registration -- 2,513

*back-up sensors, heated steering wheel, door edge guards, body side molding, splash guards, wheel locks.
    **I know that a lot of people think these items aren't worth it, but with kids and dogs and a crazy life, we wanted it.

We feel pretty good about the deal and welcome your thoughts. The car is beautiful and fully loaded with creature comforts. Hopefully this information will be helpful to others.
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    dlm820 said:

rupter said:

Looking for the '17 for the wife and have been waiting patiently for this news. Also hoping that you are right that the prices will be coming down somewhat over the next few months.

I checked Honda's website and the 0.9% APR is only applicable for the 2016 - at least for my zip code. Would like to hold out if the 0.9 is going to be available anytime soon. Where is the announcement?
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    You still can't get that good of a deal on a Toyota Highlander in many areas, so I'm inclined to think the 2017 CRV discounts will tend to be on the low side for awhile.
    dacarmon said:

dlm820 said:

rupter said:

I checked Honda's website and the 0.9% APR is only applicable for the 2016 - at least for my zip code. Would like to hold out if the 0.9 is going to be available anytime soon. Where is the announcement?
    Same here, which is why I asked the original question.

Have a pretty good offer on a EX-L but I have negative equity in my trade. The .9% financing would help offset some of that negative equity though.

Going to hold on and hope that it comes out soon.
    When does the next RAV4 come out? That should help provide some CRV pricing pressure.
    berri said:

When does the next RAV4 come out? That should help provide some CRV pricing pressure.

Looks like September.

Maybe late Spring and Summer we will start seeing some reduction in price on the CRV?
  • d3vil_boyd3vil_boy Member Posts: 4
    I used all the info here so it's time to share my experience. Just bought 2017 CR-V EXL AWD without Nav.
    Location: North NJ. OTD price $31650 with wheel locks. The purchase price with destination was $28,800 with document fee of $449. Tax was 6.875%.
    d3vil_boy said:

I used all the info here so it's time to share my experience. Just bought 2017 CR-V EXL AWD without Nav.
    Location: North NJ. OTD price $31650 with wheel locks. The purchase price with destination was $28,800 with document fee of $449. Tax was 6.875%.

Wow, that's an awesome deal. That means actual price of the car was $27,860 which is incredible.

They aren't going for anywhere near that in Westchester, NY.

Nice steal!
  • rupterrupter Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2017
    dlm820 said:

rupter said:

I live in Pennsylvania and I saw it on a TV commercial. It was definitely on 2017 CRV. I don't know when it starts but I would imagine it must be active in my state if they are advertising it on local tv.
  • griffin5griffin5 Member Posts: 21
    d3vil_boy said:

I'm looking in northern NJ for the same car. Which dealership/salesman did you use?
  • happyday17happyday17 Member Posts: 1
    got so much experience on this site so I would like to share my experience.
    IN area. contacted 3-4 dealers through email. asked about OTD. got experience from this site then kept negotiating with them. finally one of the dealer gave me the price close to my asking OTD. so I went there tested drive and did the paperwork. about 3 hours.

2017 CR-V EXL AWD with Nav. plus all season mats
    OTD: about $31654

I think I got a good deal. hope this helps
    Tax 7%

• d3vil_boyd3vil_boy Member Posts: 4
    griffin5 said:

d3vil_boy said:

I'm looking in northern NJ for the same car. Which dealership/salesman did you use?
    Route 22 Honda. Ask for Rigo. He was a gr8 salesman
  • griffin5griffin5 Member Posts: 21
    d3vil_boy said:

griffin5 said:

d3vil_boy said:

Route 22 Honda. Ask for Rigo. He was a gr8 salesman
    Thanks!
  • rickychamprickychamp Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to leave my experience, because I appreciated hearing about others. Yesterday, purchased a '17 Honda CR-V EX AWD (no Nav) for $25811 in Massachusetts. I contacted 2 other local Honda dealers, and neither of them said they'd match that price. I was even satisfied with what they gave me for my trade ('12 Honda Pilot). I'm now on my 20th year of owning Hondas (Del Sol, CRV, Civic, CRV, Pilot, CRV).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Just wanted to leave my experience, because I appreciated hearing about others. Yesterday, purchased a '17 Honda CR-V EX AWD (no Nav) for $25811 in Massachusetts. I contacted 2 other local Honda dealers, and neither of them said they'd match that price. I was even satisfied with what they gave me for my trade ('12 Honda Pilot). I'm now on my 20th year of owning Hondas (Del Sol, CRV, Civic, CRV, Pilot, CRV).

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aledokataledokat Member Posts: 2
    aledokat said:

New to the site. Just started shopping for 2017 CR-V LX or EX, 2WD, no Nav near Ft Worth TX 76008. Any advice or recent buying experiences?

Anyone with a buying experience in the DFW Area?
  • bhappy1bhappy1 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Purchased 2017 CRV EX-L AWD in Boston area for 27200 plus 295 doc fee.
  • curvy2017curvy2017 Member Posts: 1
    Just registered so I can share my purchase experience as the rest of you have helped me :)  I bought my 2017 CRV EX-L FWD on 3/17 from Honda of Oakland here in Northern California.  

2017 CRV EX-L, no navigation 
    Modern Steel/Grey interior
    $30,135 MSRP
    $28,308 Sale price 
    ($1,827 discount)
    $31,088.25 OTD after tax, lic & reg 
    No trade and financed through my own credit union 
    bhappy1 said:

Congrats! Thanks for reporting in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jpalavosjpalavos Member Posts: 2
    bhappy1 said:

Would you be able to list the Dealer you got this price from? For a 2017 CRV EX-L AWD at MSRP of 31,435.00 to get a purchase price before doc fee and taxes of 27200 you would be over a 13% discount. That is pretty unheard of. The largest I have seen is 9.3%.

Would love to get a quote from this same dealer to use against the dealers I am currently shopping rates at if this is in fact accurate. Can you post the complete breakdown?
  • rickychamprickychamp Member Posts: 2
    jpalavos said:

bhappy1 said:

Would you be able to list the Dealer you got this price from? For a 2017 CRV EX-L AWD at MSRP of 31,435.00 to get a purchase price before doc fee and taxes of 27200 you would be over a 13% discount. That is pretty unheard of. The largest I have seen is 9.3%.

Would love to get a quote from this same dealer to use against the dealers I am currently shopping rates at if this is in fact accurate. Can you post the complete breakdown?
    That IS a great price. I thought I was doing great at 10.8% on my EX, but that blows my deal away.
  • kevinklein42kevinklein42 Member Posts: 2
    I'm buying an EX-L 2wd no nav today in Durham, 27707. MSRP $30,135 / "Invoice" $28,344 / Price $27,400 / OTD $28,921 (skipped the wheel locks and other stuff, would have been another $500 or so). I got this through the "call all the internet managers and give them until the end of the day to give you their best price, then make them fight" method. Worked pretty OK. We tried the Costco program but their OTD price was $30,711 for the same car (I will say Costco gave us the lowest price on a Rogue SL, just FYI).
  • jpalavosjpalavos Member Posts: 2

I'm buying an EX-L 2wd no nav today in Durham, 27707. MSRP $30,135 / "Invoice" $28,344 / Price $27,400 / OTD $28,921 (skipped the wheel locks and other stuff, would have been another $500 or so). I got this through the "call all the internet managers and give them until the end of the day to give you their best price, then make them fight" method. Worked pretty OK. We tried the Costco program but their OTD price was $30,711 for the same car (I will say Costco gave us the lowest price on a Rogue SL, just FYI).

Did you do this online / did you just go to each dealers website and find the internet manager to message?

Would be curious to see the email format you used if you did! I am negotiating with multiple dealerships in Ohio right now for the same exact vehicle (EX-L 2WD No Nav) and the best quote I have gotten OTD is 30,435 which is ~6.5 ish off MSRP (7.5% tax). It looks like you got 10% off which is a great deal! Nice Job. Any tips would be appreciated, trying to get OTD by month end.
  • kevinklein42kevinklein42 Member Posts: 2
    jpalavos said:

Did you do this online / did you just go to each dealers website and find the internet manager to message?

Would be curious to see the email format you used if you did! I am negotiating with multiple dealerships in Ohio right now for the same exact vehicle (EX-L 2WD No Nav) and the best quote I have gotten OTD is 30,435 which is ~6.5 ish off MSRP (7.5% tax). It looks like you got 10% off which is a great deal! Nice Job. Any tips would be appreciated, trying to get OTD by month end.

Heya. I'm super new to this but I'll give you my method and my sources, and I'm happy to compare notes with you throughout your car-buying process. So, I either tried to find the internet sales manager on the website, or just entered a query on whichever vehicle was closest to my description and put the following in the comments: I'm interested in purchasing a 2017 CR-V EX-L/2017 Rogue SL (I did this for both, for around 15 dealers in all - I tried VA and SC too just for comparison). Today I'm collecting quotes from dealerships around the area. I would like an itemized price list of your best offer, including all taxes & fees (a true out-the-door price), in writing by 11am tomorrow. At that time I'll compare the prices I have and give everyone one opportunity to beat the lowest price. I'm financing through my credit union and selling my current vehicle independently, so I'll effectively be paying cash. I'm in [ZIP code].

For some of those, I got the internet sales manager right away. Other times I got a regular sales monkey who tried to go through their regular script. In that case I waited, gave them the lowest of the quotes from people who followed directions, and asked if they or their manager could beat that price. At 11am the next day, I emailed, texted, or called everyone else to follow up and see if they could beat the low price. As it turns out, in both cases I got the best price in the first round of quotes, but your mileage may vary. Another thing that ended up dropping my price somewhat is that I was willing to wait a week for a new car to be shipped to avoid paying the extra cost of wheel locks, mudflaps, etc - if you like those then it may well be worth your while.

In all cases I was very polite and used language like "I want to give you a chance to compete" and "can you help me out?"

You may find some helpful advice in the following - my method was kind of a combination of these two approaches: http://www.clark.com/beat-the-pricing-from-online-c (under "here's how to do that")
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coWgbmlvRTU&ab_channel=BrentGardner

Another thing to consider is our sales tax in NC is half yours, so really my OTD cost would have been $30,137 in OH, all other things being equal. So you're not far off from my price at all!

Best of luck!
    Kevin
  • ckone011ckone011 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2017
    Dealer in SE-central PA.

Because of the way they did my order, doing full price for the CRV then WAY over KBB/NADA/Edmunds for my trade, I cannot be too specific but maybe this info will help someone.

Base 2017 EXL, $31345. I figure I paid within a few hundred dollars +\- of $28500 for the CRV. And I'm being conservative, I gave myself a very generous trade over any of the value services.

I worked the deal very hard and know they were maxed out when they wouldn't go another $200 to hit my final I'll give you deposit right now, offer. Had a Subaru Outback in my sights and used the two cars/dealers against each other.

Good luck.
  • prospectivesuvprospectivesuv Member Posts: 25
    @kevinklein42 Thanks for that post. I am going to be leasing a vehicle end of April and I have it down to CRV, CX5, Sportage (would be happy with a particular trim for any of those) and I am doing something close to this with emails. Not too many dealers of same model for any of them in the area so not only playing them against own model, but others as well. Appreciate the video and the advice.
  • ckone011ckone011 Member Posts: 12

@kevinklein42 Thanks for that post. I am going to be leasing a vehicle end of April and I have it down to CRV, CX5, Sportage (would be happy with a particular trim for any of those) and I am doing something close to this with emails. Not too many dealers of same model for any of them in the area so not only playing them against own model, but others as well. Appreciate the video and the advice.

Like the CRV, the 2017 CX5 is a huge improvement over 2016. Not in showrooms yet but make sure to check it out. Also will make for some nice discounts on 2016s.
  • jeansdngjeansdng Member Posts: 12
    Just help my nephew to purchase a 2017 Dark Olive Honda CRV EX-L AWD for $31,300 OTD with free Mud guard, wheellock, doors guard. Maryland Honda dealer. Hope this may help soneone.
  • ucbruinucbruin Member Posts: 13
    can anyone recommend a honda salesman in the southern california area that gave them a good deal on the CRV. Looking to buy my mom a 2017 EX-L. So far my quotes have only been about 1k below msrp.

Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    ucbruin said:

can anyone recommend a honda salesman in the southern california area that gave them a good deal on the CRV. Looking to buy my mom a 2017 EX-L. So far my quotes have only been about 1k below msrp.

Thanks!

How far are you willing to travel to get a good deal?

Contact dealers in Orange Co, Ventura Co, San Diego and the Inland Empire.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bengyusfbengyusf Member Posts: 1
    Just registered so my price can help anyone else here in central Florida.

2017 CRV EX-L, no navigation
    MSRP: $29,195
    Added:
    • Roof Rails
    • Splash Guards
    • Cargo Tray
    • Interior Illumination
    • Panel Protection
    OTD w/ Tax Tag: $31,186
    Financed 16k with honda but I'm going to refi somewhere else..
  • yannesh900yannesh900 Member Posts: 1
    looking for honda CRV-EX 2017 AWD in Michigan. So far, I got the deal for 28500 OTD. Let me know if is good price?
  • mdummy440mdummy440 Member Posts: 4
    sortega27 said:

I just bought a 2017 Honda CRV EX AWD for 26,300 in the Boston area. Let me know if you need more details about the dealer. 

Hy thats wonderful, please share the information, is that AWD and your price is out the door price?
  • tm042961tm042961 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2017 CRV EX-L 2WD with NAV for $31400 OTD at Poway dealer 92064. Did I get a good deal ??
  • mdummy440mdummy440 Member Posts: 4

25881 OTD??? Cant believe its even possible with 2016 CRV EX Which I bought few days ago!!
  • ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33
    jpalavos said:

How did this situation end up for you jpalavos?
  • My experience, because this board helped me: Bought a 2017 CR-V EX-L 2WD with NAV for $28500+TTL two days ago in Dallas/Fort Worth area.
    edited March 2017
    But doesn't George W like Ford F150's ;) Seriously, hope you enjoy the new wheels!
  • wildcat2009wildcat2009 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to this board for helping with the research! Just bought a white 2017 CR-V EX AWD in central Massachusetts for 25,999. OTD price was 28,222 which included 1,690 in taxes and 533 in doc and regist. fees. Roof bars also got thrown in to close the deal! Very happy with my purchase!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

Thanks to this board for helping with the research! Just bought a white 2017 CR-V EX AWD in central Massachusetts for 25,999. OTD price was 28,222 which included 1,690 in taxes and 533 in doc and regist. fees. Roof bars also got thrown in to close the deal! Very happy with my purchase!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• babongbabong Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017

Hi, can you share the dealer information? That's very good price. I'm looking to purchase a 2017 CR-V EX AWD in Northshore, north of Boston, MA.
  • babongbabong Member Posts: 4

Hi, can you please share the dealer information? You got a very good deal. I'm looking to purchase a 2017 CR-V EX AWD in north of Boston area. I'm gathering dealer information now.
  • YardboyYardboy Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    One of my last research stops before beginning negotiations was these forums, so I wanted to share my own experience purchasing a 2017 CR-V EX-L (no navigation) FWD in Jacksonville, FL.

MSRP: $30,135; Sale Price: $27,000; OTD: $29,958.92. No trade, financed with credit union pre-approval. Included options: wheel locks, tint, trunk tray, mud guards and roof visor.
    Yardboy said:

One of my last research stops before beginning negotiations was these forums, so I wanted to share my own experience purchasing a 2017 CR-V EX-L (no navigation) FWD in Jacksonville, FL.

MSRP: $30,135; Sale Price: $27,000; OTD: $29,958.92. No trade, financed with credit union pre-approval. Included options: wheel locks, tint, trunk tray, mud guards and roof visor.

Thanks for the info. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• icash123icash123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey All,

I'm now a new member who purchased my first CR-V on the 3/30.

Here are the details of the deal I've got:

CR-V EX, 2WD Crystal Black Pearl, Black interior

MSRP: $27,995 (excluding $940 destination charges)

Selling Price: $25,505.85

Administrative Fee: 699.00

NC Tax: $786.15

Tag/Reg Fees: $209.00

No trade in

Accessories: Wheel locks, Splash guards, Trunk tray, All weather floor mats, Nitrogen tires, and Tinted windows

OTD: $27,200.00

The car had 388 miles on it at the time of purchase, because it was a dealer swap. This was the only thing in the deal that didn't make me happy, but let me know if you'd have bought a car (new one) with 388 miles on it? Also, how good of a deal was it, given all the details? Thanks!

Dealer: Scott Clark Honda, Charlotte, NC.
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    Is anybody getting Quotes for a 2017 CR-V Touring AWD below $33,500 (MSRP $34,635). I am looking in California, Northern preferred, but will go to Southern if it makes economic sense.
  • alayaaaalayaaa Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2017

My experience, because this board helped me: Bought a 2017 CR-V EX-L 2WD with NAV for $28500+TTL two days ago in Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Congratulations! Mind share which dealer/sales person in DFW? In the market for the same car! Thank you!