Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 BMW 3 Series Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,177
edited September 2017 in BMW
Ask your 2018 3-Series lease questions here! Get info about prices, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2018 BMW 3-Series here.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• stevegrazianostevegraziano Member Posts: 33
    Does anyone know the mf and residual for BMW 340i 24/10 and 36/10? Also comparing to M3 24/10 and 36/10? Thanks!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,177

Does anyone know the mf and residual for BMW 340i 24/10 and 36/10? Also comparing to M3 24/10 and 36/10? Thanks!!

.00151 MF and 64%/58% residual
    Either model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• daveuk100daveuk100 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, any idea when the BMW USA website is likely to be updated to allow the 2018's to be built/configured? I'm right in that awkward spot where I'll need to be placing an order soon and yet I can't actually see what the new packages/options are (and I hear from a local dealer that quite a few things changed in the packages for 2018).
    daveuk100 said:

Hi, any idea when the BMW USA website is likely to be updated to allow the 2018's to be built/configured? I'm right in that awkward spot where I'll need to be placing an order soon and yet I can't actually see what the new packages/options are (and I hear from a local dealer that quite a few things changed in the packages for 2018).

Sorry, we don't have any info about BMW's website.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jaylu624jaylu624 Member Posts: 3
    What's the residual and MF for a 340i in socal? 36/12
    Also any incentives right now?
    jaylu624 said:

What's the residual and MF for a 340i in socal? 36/12
    Also any incentives right now?

.00151 MF and 58% residual
    No apparent incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Aw...I just heard from a dealer than the fleet discount has been changed for July. There is no MF reduction anymore and it looks like only a $500 incentive for 3 series leases.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    daveuk100 said:

Aw...I just heard from a dealer than the fleet discount has been changed for July. There is no MF reduction anymore and it looks like only a $500 incentive for 3 series leases.

Have you confirmed that with multiple dealers?

If so, that's a shame - BMW is really trying to make some money off their leases, and squeezing the customer to do it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Unfortunately yes, I have the paperwork from BMW which states this (but it was marked confidential so I probably shouldn't post it here). The July incentives sheet says that the MF reduction is gone, but that the fleet incentive is now combinable with other incentives/rebates (i3 seems to be the only one with some exceptions):

"Retail Type G incentives have been enhanced to align with the current Sales Support Programs.This enhancement includes removal of the .00020mf lease rate reduction, allowing Retail Type G Incentives to be fully combinable with current New Vehicle Sales Support Rebates and Incentives for most models.*"

2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, X1, X3, X4 have a $500 incentive for lease
    5 Series, X5 have a $1,000 incentive for lease
    6 Series, 7 Series, and X6 have a $1,500 incentive for lease
    daveuk100 said:

Unfortunately yes, I have the paperwork from BMW which states this (but it was marked confidential so I probably shouldn't post it here). The July incentives sheet says that the MF reduction is gone, but that the fleet incentive is now combinable with other incentives/rebates (i3 seems to be the only one with some exceptions):

"Retail Type G incentives have been enhanced to align with the current Sales Support Programs.This enhancement includes removal of the .00020mf lease rate reduction, allowing Retail Type G Incentives to be fully combinable with current New Vehicle Sales Support Rebates and Incentives for most models.*"

2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, X1, X3, X4 have a $500 incentive for lease
    5 Series, X5 have a $1,000 incentive for lease
    6 Series, 7 Series, and X6 have a $1,500 incentive for lease

Thanks for posting that - important information for all potential BMW lessees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Just curious - a lot of dealerships are pushing for me to accept a deal on a 2017 this weekend (and are giving me strong discounts too) because August 1st is fast approaching.

With the inventory of the 2017's diminishing...i'm tempted to take one of the deals...but i'm curious, based on your experience, do you think that BMW is likely to add any kind of incentive/rebates on the 2018 3 series in the next couple of months? They've only just started production and the website doesn't even have the option to build them yet, but I don't know if by Octoberish they will already have rebates available. Any insights based on past years?
    daveuk100 said:

Just curious - a lot of dealerships are pushing for me to accept a deal on a 2017 this weekend (and are giving me strong discounts too) because August 1st is fast approaching.

With the inventory of the 2017's diminishing...i'm tempted to take one of the deals...but i'm curious, based on your experience, do you think that BMW is likely to add any kind of incentive/rebates on the 2018 3 series in the next couple of months? They've only just started production and the website doesn't even have the option to build them yet, but I don't know if by Octoberish they will already have rebates available. Any insights based on past years?

No insight on future plans.

If you want a 2017, move fast. Inventory is dwindling, and you may not get the color or options you prefer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

daveuk100 said:

No insight on future plans.

If you want a 2017, move fast. Inventory is dwindling, and you may not get the color or options you prefer.
    I did, thanks Michaell :) You're right, the 2017 inventory is moving very fast. One piece of advice I would give others is that just because 2017 has ceased production doesn't mean that the inventory shown on the BMW dealer websites is all that's left. A number of dealers I talked to had a bunch of 2017's builds still on their way (unlisted) so it's worth asking the dealer to see what might be coming. I was also told that 2018's would start arriving (in WA state at least) within about 3 weeks.
  • sniogicarsniogicar Member Posts: 68
    I think I'm in the same boat as Daveuk100. My current 340i GT lease ends October 3... Getting great deals on 2017 340 GTs, but can't find anything with the options I want.

I had a great deal on an audi A7 in June, but the residual dropped from 53 to 47% so it's now outside my budget. I could order a 2018 340i GT, but there's no guarantee the lease terms and incentives will improve by October and I don't want to pay the premium prices they are quoting me now.

I'm looking around at other cars as a result. I might try to negotiate a good sales price on a 2018 340i GT custom build, then pay whatever the lease price happens to be based on the MF and residual in Oct.
    Unfortunately, need to decide soon since a custom build 340 GT probably takes ~6 weeks to arrive if I end up going that route.
    sniogicar said:

I think I'm in the same boat as Daveuk100. My current 340i GT lease ends October 3... Getting great deals on 2017 340 GTs, but can't find anything with the options I want.

I had a great deal on an audi A7 in June, but the residual dropped from 53 to 47% so it's now outside my budget. I could order a 2018 340i GT, but there's no guarantee the lease terms and incentives will improve by October and I don't want to pay the premium prices they are quoting me now.

I'm looking around at other cars as a result. I might try to negotiate a good sales price on a 2018 340i GT custom build, then pay whatever the lease price happens to be based on the MF and residual in Oct.

I think part of the issue is that you are looking at the GT, which is not produced in great numbers.

Have you considered a 4-series Gran Coupe?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• novass66novass66 Member Posts: 21
    When are 2018 series 3's going to be available?
    novass66 said:

We have lease numbers, so I assume they are available at the dealer already.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2017
    novass66 said:
    I called BMW coorporate yesterday. They said the last 2017 3 series was built mid June. In July they started building the 2018 3 series. At least my local dealer in Westchester, NY 2018 3 and 4 series are starting to show up. The new x3 and 640i GT (and possibly others) they said Nov 12  

Michaell said:
    I think part of the issue is that you are looking at the GT, which is not produced in great numbers. Have you considered a 4-series Gran Coupe?

Considered it back in 2015... . The 4 series GC is based on the standard 3 series whereas the 3GT is based on the Chinese 3 series wheelbase which is much bigger (about the size of a 5 series). Anyway, the 4 GC, despite being sexier, was too small for me. Good thought, though, and you're right that I should look into it again to be thorough. 

Along the same lines, the new Audi S5 sportsback is also too small. The A7 is much more similar in volume and leg room to the 3 series GT
    sniogicar said:

novass66 said:

I called BMW coorporate yesterday. They said the last 2017 3 series was built mid June. In July they started building the 2018 3 series. At least my local dealer in Westchester, NY 2018 3 and 4 series are starting to show up. The new x3 and 640i GT (and possibly others) they said Nov 12  

Michaell said:

I think part of the issue is that you are looking at the GT, which is not produced in great numbers.

Have you considered a 4-series Gran Coupe?

Considered it back in 2015... . The 4 series GC is based on the standard 3 series whereas the 3GT is based on the Chinese 3 series wheelbase which is much bigger (about the size of a 5 series). Anyway, the 4 GC, despite being sexier, was too small for me. Good thought, though, and you're right that I should look into it again to be thorough. 

Along the same lines, the new Audi S5 sportsback is also too small. The A7 is much more similar in volume and leg room to the 3 series GT

I have a friend who briefly owned a 4 GC (and, he's had a 3- and a 5-series, as well as an S3, S4 and SQ5. Currently drives a GTI. Go figure). Yes, good looking. Yes, small inside.

I wonder how much longer the 3 GT will be available in the US - I can't imagine many of them being sold or leased over the years.

There are times where I wonder if BMW is making cars for niches that haven't been invented yet - "why, yes, let's create a coupe-like SUV, in both medium and large sizes!" (X4 and X6). Makes me wonder if we'll see an X2 at some point down the road, just because.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I totally agree with you about the x4 and x6. I don't understand why they exist. Despite the x6 being outwardly huge, is rather cramped in the backseat (less leg room than the 3 GT), and also has a small trunk. I test drove one a month ago and I don't think it handles any better than an x5 which has more interior room and is cheaper with (I think) the same engine. 

I know the 3 GT is considered a niche vehicle too, but for me (granted I'm biased), checks off
     every box. It has more rear leg room than a x3 and a 3 sedan. It handles better than an x3 and is (marginally) faster with better gas mileage (I agree not as good as a 3 sedan). Yes, the cargo volume of the x3 is bigger than the 3 GT, and people will argue that the x3 trunk dimensions offer more utility. I can't argue with that, but the increased depth of the 3 GT trunk over the x3, I find useful on a more frequent basis (I can lay my stroller parallel to the long axis of the car in my 3 GT. Can't do that in a x3). 

The main factor was the 3 GT leased cheaper than the x3 back then... And the 3 sedan was too small for my family of 4. So 3 series sedan is a no for being too small. And compared to x3, the 3 GT leased cheaper, had more rear leg room, better gas mileage, handled better, and had a big enough trunk (arguably more useful day to day given bigger trunk depth). 

I think this month the 2017 x3 is leasing better with a 64% residual versus 62% for the 2017 3 GT in NY (36 month 10k). The 3 GT was my first true love (I didn't really like my first car, a Nissan Maxima) and I will the give the stink eye to those that say she is fugly like her cousin, the 5 GT.

I only read excerpts from the Edmunds long term 328i GT road test, but I think most found it favorable too. 

I assume the 2018 3 series residual is (historically) low while the 2017 is high in an attempt to get rid of the 2017 stock... I'm going to hold out until Sept to make a decision I think.

That being said, the x3 m40i looks good on paper... I might have to switch it up if the numbers look good once they come out. 

sniogicar said:

I totally agree with you about the x4 and x6. I don't understand why they exist. Despite the x6 being outwardly huge, is rather cramped in the backseat (less leg room than the 3 GT), and also has a small trunk. I test drove one a month ago and I don't think it handles any better than an x5 which has more interior room and is cheaper with (I think) the same engine. 

I know the 3 GT is considered a niche vehicle too, but for me (granted I'm biased), checks off
     every box. It has more rear leg room than a x3 and a 3 sedan. It handles better than an x3 and is (marginally) faster with better gas mileage (I agree not as good as a 3 sedan). Yes, the cargo volume of the x3 is bigger than the 3 GT, and people will argue that the x3 trunk dimensions offer more utility. I can't argue with that, but the increased depth of the 3 GT trunk over the x3, I find useful on a more frequent basis (I can lay my stroller parallel to the long axis of the car in my 3 GT. Can't do that in a x3). 

The main factor was the 3 GT leased cheaper than the x3 back then... And the 3 sedan was too small for my family of 4. So 3 series sedan is a no for being too small. And compared to x3, the 3 GT leased cheaper, had more rear leg room, better gas mileage, handled better, and had a big enough trunk (arguably more useful day to day given bigger trunk depth). 

I think this month the 2017 x3 is leasing better with a 64% residual versus 62% for the 2017 3 GT in NY (36 month 10k). The 3 GT was my first true love (I didn't really like my first car, a Nissan Maxima) and I will the give the stink eye to those that say she is fugly like her cousin, the 5 GT.

I only read excerpts from the Edmunds long term 328i GT road test, but I think most found it favorable too. 

I assume the 2018 3 series residual is (historically) low while the 2017 is high in an attempt to get rid of the 2017 stock... I'm going to hold out until Sept to make a decision I think.

That being said, the x3 m40i looks good on paper... I might have to switch it up if the numbers look good once they come out. 

Yes, the 2018 residuals are lower than the 2017's, for exactly the reasons you state. Once the 2017 inventory is gone, it may very well result in a bump in the residuals for the 2018's.

May be a month or two before we know, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bp23012017bp23012017 Member Posts: 20
    Hi - Looking for most recent MF/RV info for 2018 330i and 340i in Michigan. This is for 36/12. Thanks!

Hi - Looking for most recent MF/RV info for 2018 330i and 340i in Michigan. This is for 36/12. Thanks!

.00151 and 57%, for both trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gsgsgs3egsgsgs3e Member Posts: 7
    Please bear with me - as I am a bit unfamiliar with this. Looking at a 330e in Portland, OR. Got an offer for $543.83/mo on a 36 mo/12k lease. MSRP is $55,485; sale price - $51,945. Total rebates - $5,500 (not sure how that math works..??), Residual 61%, MF - 0.00171.

Supposed to be $0 down, but there is a "Drive-Off" of $5,500 (and a "Rebate" of $5,500 as well). Any idea what this is? (Was very clear that I wanted it to be $0 down).

How does this stack up?
    gsgsgs3e said:

Please bear with me - as I am a bit unfamiliar with this. Looking at a 330e in Portland, OR. Got an offer for $543.83/mo on a 36 mo/12k lease. MSRP is $55,485; sale price - $51,945. Total rebates - $5,500 (not sure how that math works..??), Residual 61%, MF - 0.00171.

Supposed to be $0 down, but there is a "Drive-Off" of $5,500 (and a "Rebate" of $5,500 as well). Any idea what this is? (Was very clear that I wanted it to be $0 down).

How does this stack up?

MF is .00151, so the dealer is marking that up on you for a bit of extra profit.

The drive off and rebate amounts cancel each other out, so this is a true 'sign and drive' lease.

We need to know the adjusted cap cost (selling price + fees added in - cap reduction/rebates) in order to model the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gsgsgs3egsgsgs3e Member Posts: 7
    Thank you! Adjusted Cap cost is $48,362.78 (capped fees of $925). Does that help?
    gsgsgs3e said:

Thank you! Adjusted Cap cost is $48,362.78 (capped fees of $925). Does that help?

Yes.. the calculations are correct.
    If they used the base MF of .00151, the payment would be $527/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you all very much. I was considering many vehicles and your input helped guide my decision to get the best vehicle (and, hopefully, best deal) for my family and me.

I put an order in for a custom 2018 340i Gran Turismo (Estoril Blue with Oyster interior and MSport packaging) at an MSRP of $64,985 with a negotiated sales price of $60,000 which I believe is $1000 below invoice. We'll use Sept or Oct lease terms and incentives (my choice to commit in Sept or wait for Oct numbers) for the lease payment calculation as they are hopefully more favorable than the August ones. 

My only minor gripe is that they have dropped variable sport steering as a possible option for the  2018 3 series GT despite it being available on the 3 series sedan still. With the package reshuffling, VSS was dropped from the MSport package and moved to the Track Handling packaged not offered on the GT line. Odd since people that I know who take their BMWs to the track prefer the fixed steering ratio over the variable one which is really only helpful and noticable when you park. Oh well...

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    sniogicar said:

Thank you all very much. I was considering many vehicles and your input helped guide my decision to get the best vehicle (and, hopefully, best deal) for my family and me.

I put an order in for a custom 2018 340i Gran Turismo (Estoril Blue with Oyster interior and MSport packaging) at an MSRP of $64,985 with a negotiated sales price of $60,000 which I believe is $1000 below invoice. We'll use Sept or Oct lease terms and incentives (my choice to commit in Sept or wait for Oct numbers) for the lease payment calculation as they are hopefully more favorable than the August ones. 

My only minor gripe is that they have dropped variable sport steering as a possible option for the  2018 3 series GT despite it being available on the 3 series sedan still. With the package reshuffling, VSS was dropped from the MSport package and moved to the Track Handling packaged not offered on the GT line. Odd since people that I know who take their BMWs to the track prefer the fixed steering ratio over the variable one which is really only helpful and noticable when you park. Oh well...

Why not look for a 2017 GT, I'm sure there are plenty on lots and you will be able to get a great deal! If the VSS is that important to you your CA should be able to find one for you with the color and option combo. It's worth a try. I have attached the order sheet for the 2018 GT's and yes, BMW has dropped the VSS which really makes no sense. We have a 2016 with the VSS and I really like it.
    gsgsgs3e said:

How does this stack up?

There a lease credit from BMW of $5500, so basically the dealer is using the $5500 as a down payment (paying fee's and then applying left over as a Cap Reduction. You need to get a break down of how the $5500 is being used, I think with $5500 down your payments should be a lot less than $543/m. Yes, the MF is increased and the base is 0.000151 which will lower your payments some too. But find out what the $5500 is being used for.
  • kstrike155kstrike155 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2017
    Could you post RV/MF for a 340i xDrive in Danbury, CT; 24/12k, 24/15k, 36/12k, 36/15k? I know it's a lot to ask, but with this generation on the way out, I'm not sure I would want to hang onto it for 3 years...

Could you post RV/MF for a 340i xDrive in Danbury, CT; 24/12k, 24/15k, 36/12k, 36/15k? I know it's a lot to ask, but with this generation on the way out, I'm not sure I would want to hang onto it for 3 years...

.00151 and 59% (36/15) or 65% (24/15)

Add 2% for 12K

36 months will give you a better payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kstrike155kstrike155 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks, Michaell, you guys rock!

Thanks, Michaell, you guys rock!

Uh, actually, we don't.

Just realized this is the 2018 thread, and I gave you the 2017 residuals.

Take 2 - 55% for 36/15, 61% for 24/15

Sorry about that

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Why not look for a 2017 GT... We have a 2016 with the VSS and I really like it.

I did... we basically wanted it loaded and some non-black interior.  Even after compromising a bit with colors and some options,  I still couldn't find the right combo on a 2017. I found one car that came close in Ohio (I'm in NY), but even for that I was compromising on interior color (black ext with black int) and lack of active cruise control which I really wanted to try for my stop-and-go commute traffic.  My wife wasn't a fan of the black on black either. So instead of compromising on multiple things, we went with a 2018 where we only sacrificed VSS.

I agree with you, having had VSS on my 2015 GT I think it'll be a feature very much missed and I may regret choosing a car with ACC over VSS.  ACC is the only option that's near impossible to find on a 2017 GT (I didn't find a single one on my 500 mile radius search).

sniogicar said:

I did... we basically wanted it loaded and some non-black interior.  Even after compromising a bit with colors and some options,  I still couldn't find the right combo on a 2017. I found one car that came close in Ohio (I'm in NY), but even for that I was compromising on interior color (black ext with black int) and lack of active cruise control which I really wanted to try for my stop-and-go commute traffic.  My wife wasn't a fan of the black on black either. So instead of compromising on multiple things, we went with a 2018 where we only sacrificed VSS.

I agree with you, having had VSS on my 2015 GT I think it'll be a feature very much missed and I may regret choosing a car with ACC over VSS.  ACC is the only option that's near impossible to find on a 2017 GT (I didn't find a single one on my 500 mile radius search).

Our GT is basically loaded, even has the ACC, the issue I have with ACC is once the car comes to a complete stop you have to hit the accelerator pedal to make the car move forward and the lag time that the car get back up to speed, which produces wide opening, in rush hour traffic this lets people cut in front of you and then the ACC slams on the brakes and slowly starts up again leaving another wide gap. I stopped using the ACC in rush hour traffic.
  • dgreen91687dgreen91687 Member Posts: 9
    Can I have the September residuals for 36mo/10k in SoCal on 340i? Hopefully they went up 58% isn't very good.

What's odd is that this time last year the 2017's were at 62%, wonder why they're lower this year.

Can I have the September residuals for 36mo/10k in SoCal on 340i? Hopefully they went up 58% isn't very good.

What's odd is that this time last year the 2017's were at 62%, wonder why they're lower this year.

.00152 MF and 58% residual

We haven't noticed any historical trends with lease numbers... a lot of external forces.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I've never seen the new model years RF being higher than the out going model year.
  • e93jerezme93jerezm Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,

I am looking into a 2018 330i sedan and wanted to know if anyone has the 36/12k residuals and the current money factor for september 2017.

Thanks!
    e93jerezm said:

Hi all,

I am looking into a 2018 330i sedan and wanted to know if anyone has the 36/12k residuals and the current money factor for september 2017.

Thanks!

.00152 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bforbrianbforbrian Member Posts: 71
    RV & MF for a 2018 BMW M3 in NY, 36/10? Thank you!
    bforbrian said:

RV & MF for a 2018 BMW M3 in NY, 36/10? Thank you!

.00152 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• grank303grank303 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, can I please get the RV & MF and any incentives for a 2018 328d Wagon? MSRP is around $56k. I'm in Southern California.

Thanks!
    grank303 said:

Hi, can I please get the RV & MF and any incentives for a 2018 328d Wagon? MSRP is around $56k. I'm in Southern California.

Thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• teddykotteddykot Member Posts: 7
    Hi guys, what are the MF & RV for 2018 3 Series Sedan xDrive 320i and 330i in New York - 36/12k?
    Thank you!
  • grank303grank303 Member Posts: 7
    12k miles, 3 years
    grank303 said:

Thanks!

grank303 said:

12k miles, 3 years

.00152 MF and 57% residual.

The better deal is on the 2017 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

teddykot said:

Hi guys, what are the MF & RV for 2018 3 Series Sedan xDrive 320i and 330i in New York - 36/12k?
    Thank you!

.00152 and 57% for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator