Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL - Money Factor and Residual Value

kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
edited March 2018 in Jeep
Does anyone know the Money Factor and Residual Value for a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL. 10k miles a year / 36 months lease. I want to plug in my own numbers to see what my monthly payment would look like.

This is what I got quoted from a dealership:

550/month
5K down
MSRP - $53,370
Negotiated Price - $50k
«134

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    kayluna said:

    Does anyone know the Money Factor and Residual Value for a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL. 10k miles a year / 36 months lease. I want to plug in my own numbers to see what my monthly payment would look like.

    This is what I got quoted from a dealership:

    550/month
    5K down
    MSRP - $53,370
    Negotiated Price - $50k

    Assuming this is an Unlimited model?

    Standard MF and 72% residual
    We don't have the Standard MF, but last month it was .00193, and probably similar to that, this month.

    Usually, I don't recommend longer leases, but the residuals are really good for this model for longer terms.

    71%/70%/68% for 39/42/48 months.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    Yes the Unlimited Model, thanks!
  • toetrktoetrk iowaPosts: 13
    Are the MF and residuals available yet for the 2 door JLs? Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977
    toetrk said:

    Are the MF and residuals available yet for the 2 door JLs? Thank you

    Yes - what trim level?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    So leaving 5k down is too much I suppose. Using the Leasemtic app I calculated:

    $485/month
    MSRP of $53,370
    50,000 selling price. (if I can negotiate this)
    36 months / 10k Miles a year
    72% Residual Value / 0.00139 MF.
    $2,300 Down (Taxes and Fees).

    Does this look right?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977
    kayluna said:

    So leaving 5k down is too much I suppose. Using the Leasemtic app I calculated:

    $485/month
    MSRP of $53,370
    50,000 selling price. (if I can negotiate this)
    36 months / 10k Miles a year
    72% Residual Value / 0.00139 MF.
    $2,300 Down (Taxes and Fees).

    Does this look right?

    kayluna said:

    So leaving 5k down is too much I suppose. Using the Leasemtic app I calculated:

    $485/month
    MSRP of $53,370
    50,000 selling price. (if I can negotiate this)
    36 months / 10k Miles a year
    72% Residual Value / 0.00139 MF.
    $2,300 Down (Taxes and Fees).

    Does this look right?

    Where did you get the .00139 MF?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    kayluna said:

    Where did you get the .00139 MF?

    I so misread the MF. Correction:

    $535/month
    MSRP of $53,370
    50,000 selling price. (if I can negotiate this)
    36 months / 10k Miles a year
    72% Residual Value / 0.00193 MF
    $2,300 Down (Taxes and Fees)
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977
    kayluna said:

    kayluna said:

    Where did you get the .00139 MF?

    I so misread the MF. Correction:

    $535/month
    MSRP of $53,370
    50,000 selling price. (if I can negotiate this)
    36 months / 10k Miles a year
    72% Residual Value / 0.00193 MF
    $2,300 Down (Taxes and Fees)
    $492/mo plus tax, assumes all fees are paid up front.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    edited March 2018
    Why am i getting $535?



  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    kayluna said:

    Why am i getting $535?



    Because you added tax...

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    Got it.

    491/month without taxes - $3,875 due at signing

    or

    $540/month rolling taxes in the monthly payment - $2,300 due at signing

    Is 5k off the MSRP realistic? 10% off?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    kayluna said:

    Got it.

    491/month without taxes - $3,875 due at signing

    or

    $540/month rolling taxes in the monthly payment - $2,300 due at signing

    Is 5k off the MSRP realistic? 10% off?

    Sorry, we don't track pricing.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • schand820schand820 Posts: 57
    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    schand820 said:

    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k

    Two or Four doors?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • schand820schand820 Posts: 57
    kyfdx said:
    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k
    Two or Four doors?
    4 door
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977
    schand820 said:


    kyfdx said:

    schand820 said:

    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k

    Two or Four doors?

    4 door

    Standard MF and 71%

    Don't know the standard MF for April; it was .00213 in March

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • schand820schand820 Posts: 57
    Michaell said: 
    kyfdx said:
    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k
    Two or Four doors?
    4 door
    Standard MF and 71% Don't know the standard MF for April; it was .00213 in March
    Thanks! Looks like residual went up by 1% was 70 in march right?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977
    schand820 said:


    Michaell said: 

    schand820 said:


    kyfdx said:

    schand820 said:

    do you have the mf and residual for April for 2018 JL Rubicon 36m 12k

    Two or Four doors?

    4 door
    Standard MF and 71%

    Don't know the standard MF for April; it was .00213 in March

    Thanks! Looks like residual went up by 1% was 70 in march right?

    If you say so - we don't keep track of historical information.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dough419dough419 Posts: 53
    Looking for MF and RV on 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 36/15 and 24/15. Also does Chrysler do higher mileage leases like 18K or 20K per year? I am in Ohio zip code 43551
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    dough419 said:

    Looking for MF and RV on 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 36/15 and 24/15. Also does Chrysler do higher mileage leases like 18K or 20K per year? I am in Ohio zip code 43551

    Rubicon?

    Standard MF and 73%/69% residual for 24/36 months
    68%/67%/65% residual for 39/42/48 months.

    Yes, you can contract for more miles. I think Chrysler Capital does it on a per/miles basis, though I'm not sure what that charge per mile might be. It's not a cheap way to lease, though.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    Does anyone know the money factor for May? 2018 Rubicon JL 4 door. 36 Months/15k . And the Residual Value?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    kayluna said:

    Does anyone know the money factor for May? 2018 Rubicon JL 4 door. 36 Months/15k . And the Residual Value?

    .00193 MF for the JL

    66%/65%/64%/63% residual for 36/39/42/48 months.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • schand820schand820 Posts: 57
    Can you please give me the MF and Residual for the JL Rubicon 4 door 12k 36 / 39 month
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981
    schand820 said:

    Can you please give me the MF and Residual for the JL Rubicon 4 door 12k 36 / 39 month

    .00193 MF and 68%/67% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • What 2018 JK trims have the best RV? Interested in a Freedom, but open depending on RVs
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,981

    What 2018 JK trims have the best RV? Interested in a Freedom, but open depending on RVs

    2-door or Unlimited?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdx said:
    What 2018 JK trims have the best RV? Interested in a Freedom, but open depending on RVs
    2-door or Unlimited?
    Unlimited
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,977


    kyfdx said:

    What 2018 JK trims have the best RV? Interested in a Freedom, but open depending on RVs

    2-door or Unlimited?

    Unlimited

    Freedom, Golden Eagle, Sport, Sport S and Willys all have a 69% residual for 36/15

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    kyfdx said:

    kayluna said:

    Does anyone know the money factor for May? 2018 Rubicon JL 4 door. 36 Months/15k . And the Residual Value?

    .00193 MF for the JL

    66%/65%/64%/63% residual for 36/39/42/48 months.
    Thank you!!!
  • kaylunakayluna NYCPosts: 13
    What is the current MF and RV for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL - 2 Door? 36/12 and 36/12 ? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.