Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,342
    PF_Flyer said:
    What works for you might not work for other people.
    What works is... use more calories than you take in = weight loss And there are probably a billion different ways to do that.
    Actually there are three ways;

1.) eat less
    2.) be more active
    3.) #1 combined with #2

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,171
    suydam said:

PS. Any animal cruelty posts and that’s the end of this forum for me. I can’t read such stuff.

Same here.
    Must have disappeared.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    So someone can't be a car enthusiast if they like the Nissan Sentra, Kia Soul, Kia Forte or the Toyota Yaris iA? NASCAR must be affecting car enthusiasts. Or something is getting into their Jim Beam. I don't demand top-notch Mario Andretti results out of my car. It's not a "who has the most toys" pissing match, either.

I completely disagree - a person who likes small economy cars can still be a car enthusiast. I spose it's not about words. It's about the cars. Nissan is not put on a pedestal by me. I don't own one nor do I own stock or property of theirs. That's what I'm talking about. This is all about politics and word phrases.

And that's not car enthusiasm. That's some strong Colorado bunkweed.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,737
    fintail said:

I dunno, how are their retail sales doing? They have quite a fleet rep now, like GM of 15-20 years ago, and I am not sure Infiniti would exist today without its CUVs.

suydam said:

Don’t think Nissan needs any help from us.

Nissan is highly represented in the Enterprise fleet. Of their offerings I like the Altima sedan and Rogue SUV. The Morono is nice too but I haven't driven enough of them to offer an opinion.

Drove a Mazda CX-5 today and was impressed.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,819
    edited June 2018

So someone can't be a car enthusiast if they like the Nissan Sentra, Kia Soul, Kia Forte or the Toyota Yaris iA? NASCAR must be affecting car enthusiasts. Or something is getting into their Jim Beam. I don't demand top-notch Mario Andretti results out of my car. It's not a "who has the most toys" pissing match, either.

I completely disagree - a person who likes small economy cars can still be a car enthusiast. I spose it's not about words. It's about the cars. Nissan is not put on a pedestal by me. I don't own one nor do I own stock or property of theirs. That's what I'm talking about. This is all about politics and word phrases.

Okay, so you're having an argument with yourself, then? It seems that way....

No disagreement here at all about "what makes an enthusiast." Heck, I own all sorts of downtrodden metal, and I have never once owned anything that could be mistaken for sporty (or 'toy') above any of its other attributes, yet I, too, am certainly an enthusiast. I think the fact that most of us here can likely name the majority of iron out there on sight by make/model (if not even years and trims), labels us as much; there's just no getting around it.

Wait, though. There's one exception to that. You cannot be an enthusiast if you like the Nissan Sentra, Kia Soul, Kia Forte, or the Toyota Yaris iA. :p
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,003
    The poor, old, tired Nissan Frontier just got some much-needed good news. The midsize pickup truck segment has been heating up in recent years with entries like the recently refreshed Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma and a new Ford Ranger on the way. The Nissan Frontier which was last updated during the Bush administration is by far the least competitive player in this segment, but hopefully not for long.

Nissan has at long last confirmed the Frontier is getting a thorough update. According to Car and Driver, the new truck will continue to be built at the Canton, Mississippi plant alongside the bigger Titan and several other Nissan models. We don’t have many details on when we can expect the new Frontier to hit the market or what we can expect from the truck itself. The fact that we’re finally getting a long-overdue third generation is enough good news for us.

The current Frontier is the only midsize pickup on the market with an MSRP starting below $20,000. That’s a bargain for a new pickup truck, but the price makes sense considering its antiquated design that's been mostly unchanged since 2005.

When adding up Kia numbers you have to combine it with Hyundai. They split their numbers.

No one is saying Nissans are a bad car or a bad buy...........lets face it, they aren't cars for the enthusiast, but, there is a market for them. They do sell more by keeping the price lower.........that is a strategy. It depends on what is important to you.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    That is good news!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Okay, so you're having an argument with yourself, then? It seems that way....

No disagreement here at all about "what makes an enthusiast." Heck, I own all sorts of downtrodden metal, and I have never once owned anything that could be mistaken for sporty (or 'toy') above any of its other attributes, yet I, too, am certainly an enthusiast. I think the fact that most of us here can likely name the majority of iron out there on sight by make/model (if not even years and trims), labels us as much; there's just no getting around it.

Wait, though. There's one exception to that. You cannot be an enthusiast if you like the Nissan Sentra, Kia Soul, Kia Forte, or the Toyota Yaris iA. :p

Why, because I think that a person that loves small, sporty, thrifty cars is a car enthusiast? Because they are car enthusiasts. Guess what, guys? Guys over at the Mitsubishi Mirage website I'm a member of are car enthusiasts. Just because Jeremy Clarkston tells you not, that's no reason to believe it. I'm not kidding - there's actually a fear in the car lover's America to say that you love your Kia Forte or Kia Soul, your Nissan Sentra or Nissan cube, or Toyota Yaris iA and that you're a car enthusiast. Yes, we have to keep the mind-numbing intelligence of Dale Earnhardt, Sr. first and foremost in mind, don't we?

News flash: small, sporty and thrifty is not dead in America. You guys shouldn't let soccer Mom's, SUV's and German bland-mobiles rule your brains. Wait. It's too late for that, ain't it? Gag me with a spoon with more of that good German bland, boys.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,403
    edited June 2018

I take issue with your premise regarding small economy cars; there are more than a few that are entertaining to drive- the Civic, Golf, and Mazda 3 all come to mind- and I'd pick any of them over an Altima, Forte, Soul, or Yaris iA. I'm sorry, but if you polled 100 people at random who consider themselves to be car enthusiasts and asked them to pick their favorite small economy car I'd be extremely surprised if more than one or two named any of the cars that you mentioned.
    Again, that's not to say that they are bad cars- they just aren't cars that the vast majority of enthusiasts find to be desirable.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    I take issue with your premise regarding small economy cars, there are more than a few that are entertaining to drive- the Civic, Golf, and Mazda 3 all come to mind- and I'd pick any of them over an Altima, Forte, Soul, or Yaris iA. I'm sorry, but if you polled 100 people at random who consider themselves to be car enthusiasts and asked them to pick their favorite small economy car I'd be extremely surprised if more than one or two named the cars that you mentioned.
    Again, that's not to say that they are bad cars- they just aren't cars that the vast majority of enthusiasts find to be desirable.

roadburner - I am so used to having the cars I love turned in to mush by people in America that I no longer take any of you seriously. If a person likes something, they like it. I'm not coming up to people and having them defend their favorite jacket or their favorite NFL team. They like it.

Hey, at least I'm not drunk on German bland. Give me some due credit, man. B)

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,667
    I luv gets a pass IMO. Because he would be getting a stick. So a small basic economy car counts as entertaining when you row your own.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,465
    Funny thing about Frontiers.  I have a customer who is a multi-millionaire.  He owns buildings all over New York City (Bronx, Queens, & Manhattan).  He’s on his 3rd or 4th Frontier.  Loves em!  Swears by their utility and raves about their size and how easy they are to park.  His son (who works for him) also drives a Frontier.  

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    I am so used to having the cars I love turned in to mush by people in America that I no longer take any of you seriously. If a person likes something, they like it. I'm not coming up to people and having them defend their favorite jacket or their favorite NFL team. They like it.

Hey, at least I'm not drunk on German bland. Give me some due credit, man.

Take it any way you prefer. If the cars you named suit you and you consider yourself an enthusiast, have at it. That said, I still maintain that only a tiny percentage of self-described enthusiasts would name those cars as vehicles they would actually desire to own.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Funny thing about Frontiers. I have a customer who is a multi-millionaire. He owns buildings all over New York City (Bronx, Queens, & Manhattan). He’s on his 3rd or 4th Frontier. Loves em! Swears by their utility and raves about their size and how easy they are to park. His son (who works for him) also drives a Frontier.

nyccarguy - man, if I was in NYC or nearby I'd stop by and buy you your favorite drink to show you my thankfulness. Have I ever, ever put down your rigs? Answer? No.

I appreciate your honesty and your post there, man. I'm sick of being put down by all of these Dale Earnhardt, Sr., NASCAR types. Edmunds is stock full of 'em. And thankfully you're not one of them.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,221
    You need to find a nice Datsun 411, iluv. Now there's an enthusiasts car, you'd have to be into cars to keep it going.

I like a number of Nissans, but most of them were badged "Datsun" :)
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,407
    Boy, that escalated quickly. 
    2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    If you'll notice, one of the few people who understand what I like has just hit on exactly what I like and what I need. Ghastly is too expensive in America. If America could produce their own ghastly and not rip off their own citizens by selling it at a reasonable price, that would be ever so cool. But don't hold your breath waiting for that.

Have any of you ever noticed that car reviewers recommend the manual transmission when reviewing an econobox like the Nissan Sentra (it's not really an econobox...but you don't believe me, so...go ahead and punt that statement)? Right! It's because you can drive it like you stole it with a manual trannied-car. Mr.Shiftright will tell you as much regarding smaller rigs. The thing is, if you row your own, you get the experience of having greater control of your car while you enjoy driving it.

Actually, it may be the Toyota Yaris iA with the stick that would have been the answer for me two years ago while we lived in Dodge City, KS, and I drove all the way west to Denver to buy a black one. They told me they sold it a half hour before I came in to their showroom. But the Mazda mechanicals propelling the light Toyota body with Mazda's 6-speed stick might be the answer for someone like me.

I don't want to fight with anybody in here. I have been here since Dec. of 2000. I get way more out of these Edmunds threads than I have taken away from me. I have just sucked up so much German automobile propaganda for so long in here that all I can think of any more when one of you presents your latest German rig is a large jetliner ramming in to one of the Twin Towers in New York City in the year 2001.

Seriously.

• Options
    fintail said:

You need to find a nice Datsun 411, iluv. Now there's an enthusiasts car, you'd have to be into cars to keep it going.

I like a number of Nissans, but most of them were badged "Datsun" :)

I loved my Datsun Roadster.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    roadburner - when I presented a 2017 Nissan Sentra, you said that it looked like it had been beaten with an ugly stick. Have you ever heard me run one of your German goddesses through the mud and treated it like a dog in Yulin, China? Answer: No.

Let's enjoy the cars and leave the political bull$%^& out of this forum. If you worship German cars you worship German cars. I might like them too. That's not my point. My point is, do we have to judge other people if they like cars other than cars that we like? This goes out to everybody, not just roadburner.

I'm not looking to argue, but if those of you who are always coming on here reading these threads would at least think about what I'm saying, those of us who like small, thrifty manual-transmissioned cars would really appreciate it. People like PF Flyer just don't comment on it, but people like me can't help but comment on it.

Thanks for the pass, stick!

• Options
    you would have loved my 1st new car. 1985 Colt. with a whopping 62 HP. Stick of course. Fun little car. Definitely had to work the shifter to keep up any sort of forward progress! But, some of us still find driving a slow car fast to be fun.

and that is why they make so many different models. A seat for every butt! Your money, buy what you like.

• Options

Boy, that escalated quickly. 

Hahah! Too true! I'm still wondering what triggered that.

• Options
    Bingo, stick. We each owe you $5,000. Hee-hee, take a look at driver100 and ab348, they're both crapping their pants right now!

• Options
    i take cash and paypal.

• Options

roadburner - when I presented a 2017 Nissan Sentra, you said that it looked like it had been beaten with an ugly stick.

It's a common theme this decade: A lot of cars produced by "Japanese" brands, in particular, WERE beaten with an ugly stick! Neither Toyota or Nissan get a pass on that! The worst offender, by far, is Subaru. I probably wouldn't feel so strongly about that were it not for the fact that they produce absolutely gorgeous prototypes only to run them through a gauntlet of ugly sticks before releasing the production version!

That said, a lot of people like ugly cars. If that were not true, then Subaru sales wouldn't be on a nearly ten-year, endlessly growing trajectory, and there wouldn't be a million Jukes out there on the road... Just because it is an ugly car doesn't mean it is a bad car or shouldn't be liked!

• Options
    Duly noted, my east coast friend!

• Options
    Subaru? Of all the brands, I would not consider them to be ugly. One of the nicer design themes overall. Maybe on the plain side a bit? But pleasant and unoffensive.

a few other brands that went for brash/edgy (or something, hard to tell what, especially with front ends)? Those could win.

• Options
    edited June 2018

2017 Nissan Sentra SR

xwesx - man, stop putting your own brand Subaru down! I was sort of acting on my own but I was focusing strong on a 2017 Subaru Impreza 5-speed last year in Manson, WA. Subaru has got it going now in body design - it took a while - they finally got the memo and the stuff they're producing now rocks ever so nicely.

Here's one to lust after. AMC Gremlin.

• Options
    I had that same car. Just in yellow, not pink. It was an X. Just a 6 cyl though, not a 401 CI V8. That car would have been scary with that much HP I think. I had a sweet spot for it. should have kept it longer. common theme in those days.

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    stickguy said:

you would have loved my 1st new car. 1985 Colt. with a whopping 62 HP. Stick of course. Fun little car. Definitely had to work the shifter to keep up any sort of forward progress! But, some of us still find driving a slow car fast to be fun.

and that is why they make so many different models. A seat for every butt! Your money, buy what you like.

My Dad had an ‘86 Dodge Colt Vista MT that he passed down to my oldest son when he turned 16. Great first car for a teenager.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    they should make a modern version of that car. I would buy one.

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Don’t take things too personally, iluv. I think some folks are just kidding. I’ve never personally lusted after a BMW or Mercedes myself. I’ve always liked the way Honda, Mazda and yes, Nissan, make great cars at decent prices. Some folks here like Hyundai’s. I’ve never really considered them but I enjoy reading about others’ experiences. I guess I just enjoy hearing and learning about all kinds of cars.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    People step over the line when they crap on the cars you like and and run them through the mud like a beautiful Chow Chow at Yulin, China.

I have not put down the countless German bland-mobiles that get foisted upon us here like clockwork on Edmunds. But yet the German fanboys get a get out of jail card for all time for pooping forever on econocars? Nope. That ain't  right. It's not about taking it personally. It's about someone having the Kahuna's to step up to the bully boys and calling a stop to it.

I'm on other sites. It's no lost skin to me if people vote my butt out of here. I can happily walk away from Edmunds. It would just be a shame to cut out a chunk of people that like other types of automobiles on here.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,149
    I've had my share of underpowered cars in my day.

Two of them, I believe, had the same HP rating. My '79 Pontiac Sunbird with the "Iron Duke" 4-cyl engine and 4-speed manual transmission, and the '85 Honda Accord with a 5-speed stick both made, I think, 85 HP. The Sunbird I bought just before graduating HS, and it took me from SoCal to Phoenix to attend college. No AC and vinyl seats made for an uncomfortable ride once the weather warmed up (I moved to Phoenix in February). A set of true sheepskin seat covers, and open windows got me through 3 desert summers.

The Accord was the car I bought for myself after graduating college and moving back to CA. Was only a year old and had 16K miles on it. Burgundy, inside and out, hatchback (with louvers!) and was well equipped for the times. A buddy of mine and I drove it from California to Michigan and back in the fall of 1986. Lots of good memories, and not so good, as well. I missed most of Missouri on the eastbound trip with a case of food poisoning (I slept most of the time). Some beautiful scenery in the Midwest (we took I-15 to I-40 to I-44 to I-70 to I-69 to US 24 to US 23). Went through Chicago on the way back, and stopped in Phoenix for a couple days on the return trip. Best tank was something like 45 MPG on I-40 in NM. Longest day was about 850 miles from Childress, TX to Phoenix.

I wouldn't mind having one more manual transmission, but I'm not certain what I would get. I really enjoyed the transmission in the Accord, so I could see getting maybe a Civic with a stick shift.

Decisions, decisions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited June 2018

xwesx - man, stop putting your own brand Subaru down! I was sort of acting on my own but I was focusing strong on a 2017 Subaru Impreza 5-speed last year in Manson, WA. Subaru has got it going now in body design - it took a while - they finally got the memo and the stuff they're producing now rocks ever so nicely.

I cannot really support them any longer. They've clearly gone a different direction from me! Between the bulbous styling and ridiculous focus on nanny tech, I doubt I will ever buy another one (at least not anything "new"). Six is enough for me. :p

Even so, I am often critical of Subaru styling. Again, if they didn't build such gorgeous prototypes just to get our expectations up, and then let us heavily down EVERY time, I probably wouldn't be quite so critical.
  • Options

Bingo, stick. We each owe you $5,000. Hee-hee, take a look at driver100 and ab348, they're both crapping their pants right now!

You don't know the difference until you try one and compare Iluv. There was a time when I would have thought the same as you do. You like cars because of their design, their minimalism, their practicality. That is fine....that makes you an enthusiast for that type of car.

Others like a car because of performance, handling, solid feel, comfort etc......no one is putting you down....just different kind of enthusiasm.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,135

Huh? I have not made a comment here so why are you drawing me into this?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    edited June 2018
    ab348 said:

Huh? I have not made a comment here so why are you drawing me into this?
    Because you own a German Cadillac :s ?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    For the record: I would never ever say the Nissan Sentra is ugly...it is rather pleasant looking.

Now the Nissan Juke, that is coyote ugly and I don't care who I am offending;

• Options
    driver100 said:

The poor, old, tired Nissan Frontier just got some much-needed good news. The midsize pickup truck segment has been heating up in recent years with entries like the recently refreshed Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma and a new Ford Ranger on the way. The Nissan Frontier which was last updated during the Bush administration is by far the least competitive player in this segment, but hopefully not for long.

Nissan has at long last confirmed the Frontier is getting a thorough update. According to Car and Driver, the new truck will continue to be built at the Canton, Mississippi plant alongside the bigger Titan and several other Nissan models. We don’t have many details on when we can expect the new Frontier to hit the market or what we can expect from the truck itself. The fact that we’re finally getting a long-overdue third generation is enough good news for us.

The current Frontier is the only midsize pickup on the market with an MSRP starting below $20,000. That’s a bargain for a new pickup truck, but the price makes sense considering its antiquated design that's been mostly unchanged since 2005.

When adding up Kia numbers you have to combine it with Hyundai. They split their numbers.

No one is saying Nissans are a bad car or a bad buy...........lets face it, they aren't cars for the enthusiast, but, there is a market for them. They do sell more by keeping the price lower.........that is a strategy. It depends on what is important to you.

Exactly. I would much prefer a 2005 technology truck for less money over a more expensive one with loads of features I don't need. I need a truck for functionality not the latest electronics. Must be others like me.

For WIW the AWD Frontier rides stiff but is fun to drive.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

2017 Nissan Sentra SR

Here's one to lust after. AMC Gremlin.

I was one of the few people back then to actually like that style. The Pacer too.

Sue me. :p

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,981
    @iluvmysephia1
    again, you are taking this way too personally. Nobody is attacking you, so I think you need to dial it back and put the remarks into perspective. Nobody is even putting down economy cars. We all have those out there that we like. I had a Fit. I almost bought a Mazda2 before that. I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about the iA. I suggest you at least DRIVE a Sentra before so adamantly defending that particular car and getting all worked up about anyone who says anything bad about it. BTW, I own nothing German, so you should put away those generalizations, just like most of us don't generalize economy cars. Plain and simple breakdown for you: almost everyone else here would pick a DIFFERENT economy car than the Sentra. Get out there and do some driving.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,465
    driver100 said:

For the record: I would never ever say the Nissan Sentra is ugly...it is rather pleasant looking.

Now the Nissan Juke, that is coyote ugly and I don't care who I am offending;

I recently attended a car control clinic a few weeks ago. There was a woman there with a Juke. Going around the slalom and skid pad it looked like the body was going to throw itself off the chassis. One instructor went from that Juke to my Prelude and commented that he was glad to get back in the car with me.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options

For the record....I like the styling of the 2019 Jetta over the Sentra. Probably more fun to drive too!

Also, not a put down, some people like westerns, some thrillers, some legal, some horror....etc.
    Speaking of "Legal", finally got into "Suits" on Netflix.....wow, it is spectacular. Those lawyers are ruthless and devious....always a clever ending.

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,342
    stickguy said:
    It's better to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    Dino.......perfect!

• Options
    edited June 2018

People step over the line when they crap on the cars you like and and run them through the mud like a beautiful Chow Chow at Yulin, China.

I have not put down the countless German bland-mobiles that get foisted upon us here like clockwork on Edmunds. But yet the German fanboys get a get out of jail card for all time for pooping forever on econocars? Nope. That ain't  right. It's not about taking it personally. It's about someone having the Kahuna's to step up to the bully boys and calling a stop to it.

I'm on other sites. It's no lost skin to me if people vote my butt out of here. I can happily walk away from Edmunds. It would just be a shame to cut out a chunk of people that like other types of automobiles on here.

If you had actually read my post you would learn that there are some "econocars" that I actually like- the Civic, Golf, and Mazda 3, for example. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Fiesta ST either.
    As for my BMWs, I've been kidded more than once about several of their "features," such as batteries that require registration- but you won't catch me whining about it, as it is just part of the give and take between adults who have different opinions.
    Having said all that, if you seriously think that the comments directed at you constitute "bullying," may I suggest seeking out a forum that offers a "Safe Place."

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,177
    edited June 2018

As for my BMWs, I've been kidded more than once about several of their "features," such as batteries that require registration-

I didn't need a new battery on my previous 328, so I was not aware. Tell me more.. what is this about?

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Holy ratzafratz!  I open Safari to check out my favorite forum board and find a “car war” going on that lasts for several pages - all over nothing!  I think I was foist into this “tempest in a teapot” due to my preference for the German Mercedes Benz.  But I really have no opinion about what smaller cars look the best - I have no attitudes about what other people consider cute or good looking or that others have opinions about when it comes to cars.

I thought we were all friends here - but I guess I was wrong.  Friends respect the opinions of others.  Let’s move on to another topic - OK?

2021 Genesis G90