Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL - Money Factor and Residual Value

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    kayluna said:

Hi all, what is the Residual and MF for July for:

2018 Rubicon JL 4 Door - 36 months / 10k miles

Standard MF and 69% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kimapitkkimapitk Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, hope all the Dads out there had a great Father's Day.

Wanted to know if I can lease a Wrangler JK and if so whats the MF & RV for a 4 door Sports S zip code 11003 for 15k and 12K 36 mos. and also are there any incentives
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    kimapitk said:

Hey all, hope all the Dads out there had a great Father's Day.

Wanted to know if I can lease a Wrangler JK and if so whats the MF & RV for a 4 door Sports S zip code 11003 for 15k and 12K 36 mos. and also are there any incentives

Standard MF and 69% / 71%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• trickracentrickracen Member Posts: 76
    MF/R for Wrangler Rubion JL 4dr and Sahara, 36/12k 91311 So. Cal, and any incentives/conquest

MF/R for Wrangler Rubion JL 4dr and Sahara, 36/12k 91311 So. Cal, and any incentives/conquest

Standard MF and 68%/66% residual for Rubicon/Sahara

Don't see any incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cosminscosmins Member Posts: 2
    This website is very helpful and thank you ahead of time. I am looking at leasing a 2018 wrangler JL Sport S MSRP of roughly $39,000. zip code is 92886. Wondering what I might be able to bring the MSRP down to. Also considering the 48 month lease at 12k miles for lowest payment. Does the longer lease term help out enough to offset lower RV? What would be the best term for best payment and what should RV and MF be on the 48 month 12k miles? Thanks again.
    cosmins said:

This website is very helpful and thank you ahead of time. I am looking at leasing a 2018 wrangler JL Sport S MSRP of roughly $39,000. zip code is 92886. Wondering what I might be able to bring the MSRP down to. Also considering the 48 month lease at 12k miles for lowest payment. Does the longer lease term help out enough to offset lower RV? What would be the best term for best payment and what should RV and MF be on the 48 month 12k miles? Thanks again.

We don't have any Wrangler lease info yet for July; hopefully tomorrow.

And, we don't track pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• tenneonetenneone Member Posts: 2
    I could also use some help with July numbers (MF/R) if available? Interested in 2018 Wrangler Unlimited 
    Sport S JL and Rubicon JL numbers. 24/10 and 36/10. Zip 37064. Thank you 
    tenneone said:

I could also use some help with July numbers (MF/R) if available? Interested in 2018 Wrangler Unlimited 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cosminscosmins Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

cosmins said:

Thank you for the response, I will check back over the next 2 days. I look to pick one up by Wednesday.
    cosmins said:

Michaell said:

cosmins said:

Thank you for the response, I will check back over the next 2 days. I look to pick one up by Wednesday.
    2-Door or Unlimited?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

tenneone said:

Standard MF
    Sport S: 75%/73% residual for 24/36 months
    Rubicon: 71%/68% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• khcar2001khcar2001 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. Do you have July MF & Residuals for Tier 2 credit on 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited? Looking at 15k 36/39/48 month lease. Thanks!
    khcar2001 said:

Hi. Do you have July MF & Residuals for Tier 2 credit on 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited? Looking at 15k 36/39/48 month lease. Thanks!

We don't have the standard MF number, but whatever it is, Tier 2 will add .00021 to it.

65%/64%/63%/62% residual for 36/39/42/48 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tenneonetenneone Member Posts: 2
    Residuals for JL Sport S Unlimited Please zip 37064
    36/12k
    tenneone said:

Residuals for JL Sport S Unlimited Please zip 37064
    36/12k

Standard MF and 72% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• momo9394momo9394 Member Posts: 4
    Hi there. Could I please get the residual and money factor for tier 1 credit on a Sahara 2018 4 cylinder turbo, 10k per year over both 24 and 36 months? Zip code is 98039.

Also, are there any current incentives I should be aware of for this build? Price I am being quoted is $1k off FWP.

Thanks!
    momo9394 said:

Hi there. Could I please get the residual and money factor for tier 1 credit on a Sahara 2018 4 cylinder turbo, 10k per year over both 24 and 36 months? Zip code is 98039.

Also, are there any current incentives I should be aware of for this build? Price I am being quoted is $1k off FWP.

Thanks!

2-door or 4-door?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• momo9394momo9394 Member Posts: 4
    4 door
    momo9394 said:

Thanks!

momo9394 said:

4 door

Standard MF and 68% / 66%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bpjeepguybpjeepguy Member Posts: 4
    Good afternoon... I could use some advice as well... I ordered a 2018 Rubicon JL (4 door) with most of the add on's. MSRP is $57,065, purchase price is $50,811... I live in New York and the dealer gave me the following quote...
    3yrs x12k miles with $1,750 down = 729.02 - Chrysler Cap and Ally
    Net Cap - 55,285.22
    Money Factor - .00282
    67% residual
    Buy Out = 38,568.55

My credit is score is 775... so I was surprised by the money factor... can you confirm the residual and money factor please..

**any advice from others is welcome.. Can I use a leasing company other than what the dealer is using?
    bpjeepguy said:

Good afternoon... I could use some advice as well... I ordered a 2018 Rubicon JL (4 door) with most of the add on's. MSRP is $57,065, purchase price is $50,811... I live in New York and the dealer gave me the following quote...
    3yrs x12k miles with $1,750 down = 729.02 - Chrysler Cap and Ally
    Net Cap - 55,285.22
    Money Factor - .00282
    67% residual
    Buy Out = 38,568.55

My credit is score is 775... so I was surprised by the money factor... can you confirm the residual and money factor please..

**any advice from others is welcome.. Can I use a leasing company other than what the dealer is using?

The figures given have to be either Chrysler Capital or Ally, not both (other than the payment)
    That is the Chrysler Capital residual, so we'll assume that's the rest of it, as well.

We don't know the money factor, this month. It's the "Standard" money factor. Lately, it's been between .00193 and .00220. I'll guess they've marked up your money factor (possibly by a lot).

Do you have an accounting of your NET CAP? It's $4470 over your sale price. That seems like a lot, especially since you are paying another $1750 at signing?

The problem isn't with the leasing bank... it's with your dealer, I think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2018
    THANK YOU for your response! (Much appreciated)
    I agree...The two things that jumped out was the MF and then that 1750 down which appears to be a money grab. I whipped up a calculator using excel and came up with a $727 payment based on the variables...and I couldn't figure out the $1750... That coupled with the obviously highy MF irked me but I wanted to get additional opinions...

I was expecting a monthly payment between $650-675 and it appears they are building in $3500 in profit to see if they can get away with it.

I really thought the residuals for Rubicons were higher..

Can I use any leasing company and if so, who do you recommend?
    Can I also bother you for residuals for 39, 42 & 48?

Here is the breakdown on the Cap Cost... The processing piece I committed to in order to place a factory order at 10% below invoice... It appears they are looking to recoup that with a predatory financing department.

Cap Cost $55,813
    Sell Price $50,811
    Registration $470
    Processing $699
    Taxes $3,833

bpjeepguy said:

THANK YOU for your response! (Much appreciated)
    I agree...The two things that jumped out was the MF and then that 1750 down which appears to be a money grab. I whipped up a calculator using excel and came up with a $727 payment based on the variables...and I couldn't figure out the $1750... That coupled with the obviously highy MF irked me but I wanted to get additional opinions...

I was expecting a monthly payment between $650-675 and it appears they are building in $3500 in profit to see if they can get away with it.

I really thought the residuals for Rubicons were higher..

Can I use any leasing company and if so, who do you recommend?
    Can I also bother you for residuals for 39, 42 & 48?

Here is the breakdown on the Cap Cost... The processing piece I committed to in order to place a factory order at 10% below invoice... It appears they are looking to recoup that with a predatory financing department.

Cap Cost $55,813
    Sell Price $50,811
    Registration $470
    Processing $699
    Taxes $3,833

The tax number cannot be correct. NY taxes the sum of the payments. $699 processing? That's a garbage fee. A way for a NY dealer to get around the $75 cap on doc fees. (unless you are shopping out of state?)

You can't go get your own lease through another bank. Technically, you could, but that won't save you any money. You just need a dealer that will use the base program, and not try to screw you.

66%/65%/64% residual for 39/42/48 months.
    I generally recommend against longer term leases, but in this case, they are hard to pass up, given the residuals.

But, your problem isn't the bank or the lease program. It's the dealer. Find another one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2018
    I am purchasing using an out of state dealer because I was able to negotiate the lowest price under invoice for a Jeep that my local dealers are reluctant to move off MSRP. I am locked in to this dealer and that is probably why they are trying to screw me...
    Recap:
    $1750 is crap
    $699 is a processing fee that I agreed to pay because I was getting 10% off Invoice and ordering from the factory
    I am ordering out of state

Question:
    Taxes: The tax rate is 7.375% and it is owed upfront in NY. Are you saying that they are wrong because they are actually adding sales tax of the cars entire value versus the difference in the residual and the negotiated price?

(50,811 less $38,570 = $12,240 * 7.375% = $902 in taxes versus the $3,833) That coupled with the Money factor and the bogus $1750 is why you are sounding the alarm...? Did I miss anything?

I didn't pick up on the tax thing so thank you! I am not committed to leasing.. I will obviously finance using my own credit union versus this... I just can't stand the audacity of some of these people to screw the hardworking people that don't analyze the numbers. This is similar to sub prime mortgage financing that finally got regulated. It appears auto leasing is still the wild wild west.
    bpjeepguy said:

I am purchasing using an out of state dealer because I was able to negotiate the lowest price under invoice for a Jeep that my local dealers are reluctant to move off MSRP. I am locked in to this dealer and that is probably why they are trying to screw me...
    Recap:
    $1750 is crap
    $699 is a processing fee that I agreed to pay because I was getting 10% off Invoice and ordering from the factory
    I am ordering out of state

Question:
    Taxes: The tax rate is 7.375% and it is owed upfront in NY. Are you saying that they are wrong because they are actually adding sales tax of the cars entire value versus the difference in the residual and the negotiated price?

(50,811 less $38,570 = $12,240 * 7.375% = $902 in taxes versus the $3,833) That coupled with the Money factor and the bogus $1750 is why you are sounding the alarm...? Did I miss anything?

I didn't pick up on the tax thing so thank you! I am not committed to leasing.. I will obviously finance using my own credit union versus this... I just can't stand the audacity of some of these people to screw the hardworking people that don't analyze the numbers. This is similar to sub prime mortgage financing that finally got regulated. It appears auto leasing is still the wild wild west.

Answer: Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Taxes: Not just depreciation... the whole payment.. So, closer to $727 X 36 = $26,172 X .07375 = $1930.

If you were planning on leasing from the beginning, then picking a dealer solely on discount from MSRP was a mistake. I would walk away, before I would take this deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Very helpful - Thank you again
  • kaylunakayluna Member Posts: 21
    Hi all, can I get the money factor and Residual for July - Rubicon JL 4 Door ... 36 months 10k Miles.
    kayluna said:

Hi all, can I get the money factor and Residual for July - Rubicon JL 4 Door ... 36 months 10k Miles.

standard MF and 68%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gocaps18gocaps18 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    Hello, Can I get a money Factor and Residual for August - JL 4 door sport S unlimited. 36 moth/10k miles (zip 21701)

Also, i see replies of Standard Money Factor. What is that? .002?
  • badger98badger98 Member Posts: 5
    Could I get the residuals for a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited for August (24,36 and 39 month if possible)?  Thanks 
    Sorry, but we don't yet have Wrangler info for August.

Hopefully, soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

gocaps18 said:

Hello, Can I get a money Factor and Residual for August - JL 4 door sport S unlimited. 36 moth/10k miles (zip 21701)

Also, i see replies of Standard Money Factor. What is that? .002?

Standard MF and 73% residual

We don't know the standard MF for this month, but it's generally right around .00200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

badger98 said:

Could I get the residuals for a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited for August (24,36 and 39 month if possible)?  Thanks 

15K/yr
    69%/65%/64% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffc92jeffc92 Member Posts: 20
    Hello,

Could I get the MF and Residual for a 2 Door Wrangler JL Sport S?
    1. 24 Months, 12k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.
    2. 24 Months, 10k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.
    3. 36 Months, 12k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.
    jeffc92 said:

Hello,

Could I get the MF and Residual for a 2 Door Wrangler JL Sport S?
    1. 24 Months, 12k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.
    2. 24 Months, 10k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.
    3. 36 Months, 12k Miles per year, Zipcode: 84102.

Standard MF and 68% / 69% / 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 18JLURubi18JLURubi Member Posts: 6
    Hi. 

Can I get the MF and residual for a JLU Rubicon?
    12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!
    18JLURubi said:

Hi. 

12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!

Standard MF
    67%/66%/64% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Hi. 

12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!
    Standard MF 67%/66%/64% residual
    Thanks!! Standard is still around .00200?
    18JLURubi said:

kyfdx said:

18JLURubi said:

Hi. 

12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!

Standard MF
    67%/66%/64% residual

Thanks!! Standard is still around .00200?

As far as we know..

I think it was .00209, last month

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Rick SwartwoodRick Swartwood Member Posts: 1
    Do you happen to have the MF and RV for the '18 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 36/12k and 36/10k for a One Pay Lease for August? Thanx in advance.

Do you happen to have the MF and RV for the '18 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 36/12k and 36/10k for a One Pay Lease for August? Thanx in advance.

67%/68% residual

Sorry, but I don't have the money factor reduction for single-pay

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Hi. 

12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!
    Standard MF 67%/66%/64% residual
    Sorry. One more residual. 42 months. 
    18JLURubi said:

kyfdx said:

18JLURubi said:

Hi. 

12k/36/39/48 

Thanks!

Standard MF
    67%/66%/64% residual

Sorry. One more residual. 42 months. 

Split the difference between 39 and 48 months - 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Javi1392Javi1392 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Looking for the MF and residual for a JLU Sport S 12k/48
    zip 33055

Thanks,
    Javi1392 said:

Hello,

Looking for the MF and residual for a JLU Sport S 12k/48
    zip 33055

Thanks,

Standard MF and 68% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• priyam1309priyam1309 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    Hello,
    First of all thank you for helping all of us out here..
    Looking for MF and Residual and tax  on 2018 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4 4 Door Manual Trans. Zip code 77002. 24months 10K.

Hello,
    First of all thank you for helping all of us out here..
    Looking for MF and Residual and tax  on 2018 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4 4 Door Manual Trans. Zip code 77002. 24months 10K.

Standard MF and 71% residual.

Longer terms are much better

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hockeydan18hockeydan18 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for residuals on JLU Sport S, 48/12000 and 36/12000. Zip 16063. Also, any idea on why my dealer would tell me Rubicon's do not lease well? The dealership uses Ally for financing if that matters?? Thank you!!

Looking for residuals on JLU Sport S, 48/12000 and 36/12000. Zip 16063. Also, any idea on why my dealer would tell me Rubicon's do not lease well? The dealership uses Ally for financing if that matters?? Thank you!!

We do not have the Ally numbers.

The Rubicon trim has the lowest residual values, and the highest MSRP, of any JLU trim. Hence, highest monthly payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.