Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Forums Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited July 2019
    I'm not home to check, but I believe I had only "preferences" under that item. It would let me pick about what things I wish to be notified.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

I'm not home to check, but I believe I had only "preferences" under that item. It would let me pick about what things I wish to be notified.]25a2d

Thanks for letting us know. I don't delve into my profile too often, so it would have been easy to miss. Really a big help having you folks poking around things!!
    edited July 2019
    @imidazol97 so it turns out the inability to edit profiles was a consequence of instituting the single sign on system for Insider and forums. (Remember all that merging we did last August? :) ) I did inform the forums software folks that this is something our members would like to be able to do, so they are looking into it for us. Apparently we don't do it as often as we think we do.

On the image uploading/icons front... a couple of issues have been addressed and I'm wondering if anyone is having better results lately. Not saying that it's fixed, but there might be visible progress. If things are still wonky, let us know that too. Sometimes those odd behaviors can hold the key. Thanks again for your patience!!
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Image thing is still not working for me across any browser. Only option I have is to provide an image URL.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Thanks @28firefighter Having only the URL box showing is one of those weird behaviors I'm talking about. I have tried multiple browsers and devices and still have only had it go dormant on me twice since April.
    Given that it happens across any browser, have you looked into the possibility of it being a permissions issue? Perhaps a subgroup of users had permissions removed to upload pictures?
    As slow as my Tracfone is, let me try an image with it

So slow that 4 drafts of this got saved before I could post
    Oddly, when I clicked the image icon, all the choices came up INSTANTLY. Just bizarre
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    On my Windows 10 PC using Firefox, I still can't even get any pulldowns to respond at all, even after a fresh reboot. At least in Chrome the pulldowns work, but all I get is "Image URL" and no local file option.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    Also using Windows 10 + Firefox. Just before posting this message the pulldown menus were not working so I clicked back and forth between page 1 and page 4 of this topic and now they are working again. B)

When I was posting earlier today I had no issues except the usual thing with no image uploading.
    Image URL only.

I don't remember if I used edit profile before but the only trouble I had with Insider/forum merge was a log in fail that got resolved long time ago.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Test

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Test

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Test

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That the Mods can upload pictures makes me think even more it is a permissions issue related to us peons...
    Thanks. The FF vs Chrome observation is

That the Mods can upload pictures makes me think even more it is a permissions issue related to us peons...

Some of the mods are seeing the issue, but not persistently. I've looked at our settings and image posting is enabled, but it was an area to look at for sure!
    kyfdx was just testing different devices/browsers there
    That is some good beer!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can't resist... these picture are makin' me thirsty! B)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    Sadly when I select emotorcons or Image, I get zero functionality, not even the URL posting. No change in my system. I am currently on my Microsoft Surface.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Microsoft Surface, got nothing. Thanks for helping us compile information on how things are behaving
    I'm still getting only URL choice for input on graphics flydown menu.

I'm still getting only preferences as the choice under the account page flydown menu with the
    person in the upper right corner that used to give Profile as a choice for chances as well.

HP Laptop Win 10 winver 1809 up-to-date
    Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same results with Edge (yuk) and Mozilla.

@28firefighter Thanks for speculating about permissions! Nothing is fixed yet, but I was finally able to consistently duplicate the issue by logging in with a test account that just has normal user permissions. So on the same computer, operating system, browser, etc., I have NO issues on my account, but DO have them on my "user" account.
    The permissions ARE set to allow users to add images, so I think this really narrows down where the mechanics need to look!
    I'll certainly keep everyone posted on any progress on a fix.

Feels very odd that I'm happy I got something to NOT work :)

@28firefighter Been able to duplicate the issue on every device I've tried. REALLY feels like a bit of a breakthrough towards a fix.

I LOVE the collective brain we have here!!
    edited July 2019
    Your permissions configurations cannot possibly be more complicated than Office 365, which I deal with daily. Glad you were able to replicate it.

Where should I send my invoice?

Your permissions configurations cannot possibly be more complicated than Office 365, which I deal with daily. Glad you were able to replicate it.

Just bill for the same amount as your membership dues.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• BobTestBobTest Member Posts: 4

Testing

B)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    That certainly looks encouraging.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

It's showing back up for me now too.

@28firefighter @ab348 We may have made some progress on things (MAYBE fixed) Try some images, make some links, attach some files, and see if you can edit your profile
    kyfdx said:

Just bill for the same amount as your membership dues.. ;)
    Well, at least we have confirmed the reason you can still post pics while nobody else can. That ought to be worth something. I seem to recall that @imidazol97 and others first raised the permissions possibility at the end of June.

@PF_Flyer , no joy here on any of the pulldowns in Firefox, they are all totally unresponsive. I will fire up Chrome and see if that is any better.

My browsers are able to post images fine. Will test iPhone and Safari later.

Unable to update my profile - when I try to save I'm told I do not have permissions. I can update my signature, though.
    Now in Chrome, same issue, no response from any pulldown icon.

Now in Safari on the iPad, it works!

edited July 2019
    ab348 said:

Now in Chrome, same issue, no response from any pulldown icon.

It MAY be that you're still looking at a cached page. Try refreshing, or clearing your cache, or sign out and back in. My test account was dead, but as you can see, I signed back in and everything functioned.

Also, if you go to your profile, can you see the Edit Profile option?

That was also corrected
    I see the Edit Profile option and I can type in changes, but when I click save it won't let me. It throws an error.
    Testing from ipad.. had unresponsive icons at first, but going back and returning jostled them into action.

Seeing if the image orientation fix worked
    ab348 said:

Now in Safari on the iPad, it works!

Image orientation sanfu is corrected as well. I had unresponsive icons on my laptop once back when this all started and a refresh fixed that. Same thing just a bit ago on the ipad. Since you switched devices and got images to work, it really feels like a cache/refresh kind of thing now
    edited July 2019
    Left Firefox, cleared cache and cookies, had to sign in anew, now back. Was still unresponsive to any pulldown so I left to try to edit my profile..

I WAS able to edit and save my profile.

Now I am back and not only are the pulldowns responsive but I can add a local picture!! Hooray!

All the signing in and out I've done today, I've run into the sign in popup staying blank with a spinny thing, but that also is gotten around with refreshing.

My browsers are able to post images fine. Will test iPhone and Safari later.

Unable to update my profile - when I try to save I'm told I do not have permissions. I can update my signature, though.

Thanks!! This has all been very helpful!
    edited July 2019

Using html for an image hosted elsewhere
    Pulldowns have stopped working again. Dear me. :(

Signing in and out has allowed me to update my profile AND save it. So that's good news.

Signing in and out has allowed me to update my profile AND save it. So that's good news.

That worked for me, too.. :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

It felt like that was going to do it. Glad to hear!
  • omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    edited July 2019

Images uploading again, thanks. Long time no sea!

edit to add: Edit profile and pull down menus working too. :)
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    Oh My Goodness. My pulldown has 3 options again!

Women's preference for electric vehicles uploaded from my computer's downloaded files.
    It's working.