Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Forums Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    sda said:

It’s hardly a big deal but my edit to my profile, deleting the Pilot and adding the Audi does not reflect except when I access my profile. I have signed out and back in to no avail. Oh, the fun of systems.

Thanks for reporting. Added to my list! :)
    @sda Just doing a little poking around and testing, and noticed that MY vehicles aren't displaying with my posts at all, so something is going on with that field in our profiles. Not related to the permissions issue as it also is happening with my test account (member). Passed along to those who can hammer on it. Thanks again for the report!!
    edited July 2019
    @sda just to show you how these things get you turned inside out... there is no problem with editing the Vehicles I Own field and what's displaying on your posts. The Vehicles I Own field is what shows when someone clicks on your screen name and peeks at your profile.

The vehicles displayed on your posts are in your signature. That's what you need to edit. Shortest path, go to Edit Profile, copy the Vehicles I Own field, click Signature Setting on the left side and paste the vehicles into your signature and Save. With all that we've gone through recently, an understandable discombobulation!

I think I turned in one too many circles recently :o
    Again, THANKS for keeping me on my toes and getting me to play around with things I might have forgotten how to play with :)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,937
    edited July 2019
    Signature updated, many thanks!

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

sda said:

Signature updated, many thanks!

Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most sometimes!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited August 2019
    I'm having occasional HP Win 10 Chrome with no pull down menus. Closing chrome and restarting fixes it.One time I did a computer restart and that fixed it. Another I had done a cleanup! and ccleaner run and that fixed it.

The most recent event was today and I had had Edge open and then opened FireFox to try to get a popup menu for posting in a newspaper article to appear correctly. Then went to Chrome and no pull down menu for the graphic posting.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Thanks! All these details get passed along and are helpful.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    edited August 2019
    Perhaps too much time has gone by or I am too old now but I cannot figure it out: I am receiving notifies for each forum where I have posted. How do I shut such notify off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    guitarzan said:

Perhaps too much time has gone by or I am too old now but I cannot figure it out: I am receiving notifies for each forum where I have posted. How do I shut such notify off?

From any forums page, click on your member name above the right-hand column.
    Next page, click on the "head" on upper right, and choose Edit Profile from the drop-down menu
    Next page, choose "Notification Preferences" from the left hand column.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    I take it that I cannot unsubscribe from notifies for a particular forum? That would be nice as I like to follow a forum for a while, but when it is no longer applicable for me would prefer to shut off the notifies.
    guitarzan said:

I take it that I cannot unsubscribe from notifies for a particular forum? That would be nice as I like to follow a forum for a while, but when it is no longer applicable for me would prefer to shut off the notifies.

No, I don't think you can do it, that way.

You could bookmark it, then check your bookmarks, regularly

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,032
    Whatever flakiness exists with pulldowns not working in Firefox persists, but not as persistently as before. My office PC refuses to respond to those about 90% of the time, but will occasionally behave as it should. My personal laptop now usually works on those requests most of the time. So to some extent it is also machine-dependent even though both run whatever version of FF gets pushed out to it weekly and are both Win10 machines with latest updates applied.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

Whatever flakiness exists with pulldowns not working in Firefox persists, but not as persistently as before. My office PC refuses to respond to those about 90% of the time, but will occasionally behave as it should. My personal laptop now usually works on those requests most of the time. So to some extent it is also machine-dependent even though both run whatever version of FF gets pushed out to it weekly and are both Win10 machines with latest updates applied.

Hmm... it REALLY feels like some kind of site/browser permission thing since your personal PC might be less likely to have restrictions that MIGHT be on your office PC.

In any event, next time this stuff happens, get some screen shots and pop them into an email to me pf_flyer@edmunds.com along with information about WIN version, browsers you try it on and their versions, any settings you might have on regarding ads or privacy.

Still chipping at it, but we seem to be down to some very specific conditions where this is happening and since the Vanilla folks have been unable to reproduce it, all the little bits of info might help

Also, have you tried to reproduce it in a FireFox private window? That might tell us something as well

To enable private browsing in Firefox, click on the hamburger icon at the top right and then select New Private Window. You can also just use the CTRL + SHIFT + P keyboard shortcut. You will be able to tell you are in private mode because of the mask located in the top right of the window

Glad to hear you're finding ways to make this all work! (Well at least most of the time)
    Actually, yesterday NOTHING would allow posting of pictures. Not FF or Chrome on either Win 10 PC, nor Safari on the iPhone, which has always worked in the past. I suspect it is not machine-specific given that.

Screenshots, details. Would be a big help
    PF_Flyer said:

Screenshots, details. Would be a big help

The only screenshot would show nothing because that is what it does. Look at an empty reply box and that is what it looks like. It is completely nonresponsive. It's not like it gives you error messages.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,937
    When I’ve tried to access Edmunds from my Surface a couple of days ago, and today my phone, Samsung Galaxy 10 +, it prompts me to create a new profile. The ‘existing user’ option isn’t presented. Thankfully my access on my IPad hasn’t signed out and I still have access. Is this a known issue or just my good fortune? Thanks

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

I have had the same issue. The login pop-up box no longer displays the link at the bottom to allow existing users to log in. I did get around it by following a link that suggested going to the main page (I forget the exact wording) and finding the "Howdy Stranger" thing there.

We seem to have regressed quite a bit over the past couple of weeks to where we were early in the summer where nothing really worked reliably.

edited October 2019
    @sda @ab348 So you're talking about the login at the top right of the page?

I thought that's where clicking the link I mentioned would have taken me, but instead it brought me to the Howdy Stranger Vanilla page and I was able to find a way to login there. The popup box was similar to the one we have been getting for a while but the "login" link that was at the bottom wasn't there.

ab348 said:

I thought that's where clicking the link I mentioned would have taken me, but instead it brought me to the Howdy Stranger Vanilla page and I was able to find a way to login there. The popup box was similar to the one we have been getting for a while but the "login" link that was at the bottom wasn't there.

I've seen that different box.

I've gotten that a couple of times on either computer after cleaning. I typed my email address into the top line. Then the box switches to the top box wanting password. It's a two-step sign in like yahoo uses for mail or amazon uses.

It ends up collecting the same data but does it differently. I don't have a screen shot. I thought at the time I should capture it.

Then later I've gotten the box with the login tab at the bottom to click to get a different box that has both username and password input boxes showing at the same time.

If you can grab a screen shot when you see it, that would be helpful. You can post it or send it to me in an email pf_flyer@edmunds.com
    ab348 said:

Again, to clarify... you're talking about the login at the top of the page that I showed in my post above??
    PF_Flyer said:

Again, to clarify... you're talking about the login at the top of the page that I showed in my post above??

I'm not sure. The red mist of trying to log in had descended again and I was not paying attention to what was where, I just wanted in.

Next time then
    edited October 2019
    OK, just found out the login modal changed the other day, so seeing something new makes sense.

When you go to login either at the top right of the screen or at Howdy Stranger (we have a single sign on so both get you signed in) you will see

Enter your email and click Continue and you're prompted for your PW

If you are new and don't have an account, the system recognizes that your email is not associated with an account and ask you to add a PW. THIS IS NOT A WAY TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL. This is ONLY for new users creating new accounts

This all replaces the confusing popup we had with the Already have an account? Sign In link at the bottom.

I hadn't seen this yet because I hadn't been logged out lately :)

Well, that explains it.

The initial box is somewhat confusing because it makes one think it is for a new user registering, what with the line about accepting the terms of the user agreement and all. It could use a more fulsome title.

I can see that, kind of. I shall pass that feedback along to those who need to know. My guess is that lawyers are involved and you need to be informed that you are consenting to terms of use when you login and all that :)
    At least you really only have ONE choice at the first step, enter your email and Continue. The system then points you where it needs you to be!
    ab348 said:

I'm a member of another much larger forum than this which is now in their 4th month of trying to convert to Vanilla. It is a total disaster. I'm surprised the site owners (who are also the moderators) haven't all just walked away from it. Slow to nonexistent responses to s/w changes requested from the vendor, and site traffic appears down significantly.

Thought I would post an update on that other place. Now 4 months later on (so 8 months in) it remains a disaster. Just this week they flipped to the "rich editor" and Ho lee cow, the users are in revolt because it is flaky and laggy as can be for them. I think they have lost maybe half their active members over the switchover. It is Not Good over there.

But could be worse... they can still post local pictures from their PC, so there's that. :stuck_out_tongue:

The one constant is change. We've been through MANY here over the years, and more WILL come. Just the nature of the beast
  • Nick_BenzNick_Benz Member Posts: 8
    Dear moderators, does Edmunds provide APi for this lease numbers? It's ridiculous that people asking same questions everyday for 1M times. If this numbers available through APi I'm ready to build web app that will allow people get this numbers easy and fast.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,335
    I'm no expert in this arena, but my guess is that whatever system they use to retrieve those numbers has a specific license agreement that would prevent public dissemination that way. These are subscription based services that captives, dealers, etc big money for access to.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    Nick_Benz said:

Dear moderators, does Edmunds provide APi for this lease numbers? It's ridiculous that people asking same questions everyday for 1M times. If this numbers available through APi I'm ready to build web app that will allow people get this numbers easy and fast.

Sorry, the data we provide is not public.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Nick_BenzNick_Benz Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2019
    Michaell said:

Nick_Benz said:

Sorry, the data we provide is not public.
    I can't understand. Everybody can request this data here without any problem and same time you call it 'not public' . Sorry but how it works? lol
    edited January 2020
    Trying to sign into this account on my other HP laptop Chrome Win10 computer.

I get "an unknown error occurred."

I sign into the user name box. Okay. Green box.
    I enter the password into the next box and it turns green with a checkmark.
    Press ENTER, and get the above error.

Once I've tried to log in and gotten the error, trying to sign in again
    gets a blank white box where the sign in box would be with a rotating
    circle in the middle that never stops rotating. No text ever appears in the box.

I tried to log on from a desktop computer that hadn't been used on Edmunds for years.
    Same error: "an unknown error occurred."
    I tried changing password using the email that was sent. Still same problem.

Same error occurs on that computer trying to use EDGE to sign in.

Good luck getting that addressed. The things that have not worked or only work intermittently for the last many months seem to have fallen off the table in terms of getting them working again.

I got a response after I turned in a help request. It's a known problem and they're addressing it.
    That's good news.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

Trying to sign into this account on my other HP laptop Chrome Win10 computer.

I get "an unknown error occurred."

I sign into the user name box. Okay. Green box.
    I enter the password into the next box and it turns green with a checkmark.
    Press ENTER, and get the above error.

Once I've tried to log in and gotten the error, trying to sign in again
    gets a blank white box where the sign in box would be with a rotating
    circle in the middle that never stops rotating. No text ever appears in the box.

I tried to log on from a desktop computer that hadn't been used on Edmunds for years.
    Same error: "an unknown error occurred."
    I tried changing password using the email that was sent. Still same problem.

Same problem here today on my desktop which gets used a lot and runs Windows 10 and Firefox 72.0.2. Tried to log in but I got the red "unknown error" message. I also attempted to use Edge browser but that didn't work either.

I sent a help request to Edmunds help and attached a couple screen shot images of the log in errors.

They sent me a response and offered some suggestions to try while they looked at the issue.

But I was able to log in this evening as usual with no changes on my end. I replied to their email with a thank you and marked my help request # resolved.

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    I think the fix was put in late today. I had a device that I couldn't log in on, and now I can.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    I’m back to having to refresh the forums list (General) page before it will show what topics have been read. Safari on iPad.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    Has anyone else had the mobile site disappear? Now it shows the full desktop site on each visit - I didn’t do anything. IPhone XS with Safari.
    Maybe Edmunds should send this software to Vanilla for a service. Perhaps the loaner software they would surely provide might actually be better! :sunglasses:

Has anyone else had the mobile site disappear? Now it shows the full desktop site on each visit - I didn’t do anything. IPhone XS with Safari.

Check this again. Supposedly fixed

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Fixed!
    X2
    Fixed

• DanwinkDanwink Member Posts: 14
    Hello, what ever happened to invoice pricing on Edmunds? It used to offer details in a line item format on each selected option (invoice and retail) along with the specific incentives in your area. Now, you can only see a recommended number? I found it very useful to see the details.
    Danwink said:

Hello, what ever happened to invoice pricing on Edmunds? It used to offer details in a line item format on each selected option (invoice and retail) along with the specific incentives in your area. Now, you can only see a recommended number? I found it very useful to see the details.

They keep playing with the format. And, they don't listen to our input. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 57
    Danwink said:

Hey @Danwink! I actually just raised this concern to the product manager in charge of our Build & Price tool and he said they are considering bringing this back. I will be sure to include your comment in our case to do so! Thanks for sharing your feedback :smile:
    Edmunds Customer Care