Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    edited October 2019
    Local Spanish language newspaper had a Jeep dealer advertising $7,500 off new Gladiators. I'd have figured those were still selling close to MSRP!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    corvette said:

nyccarguy said:

The vehicles I’ve bought because I really wanted them and liked them on their merits have been the ones I’ve generally been the happiest with rather than the ones I’ve bought/leased at a price point.

My Saab, Prelude, 328xi, & Infiniti. My wife’s X3, and 2 Pilots.

That's telling... Are you sure you can hold out 24 months with the Tacoma? :D
    mjfloyd1 said:

I put Michelin Premier on my wife’s GL350 - even with rotations every 5K miles they were toast at 14k miles. Michelin was very good standing up with their warranty though.

I've never claimed a tire warranty. I've never had a tire that I felt comfortable driving on once it got anywhere close to the wear bars.
    Definitely. I like the Tacoma. It’s a good truck. I will enjoy my time with it and make good use of it’s capabilities.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited October 2019
    nyccarguy said:

Definitely. I like the Tacoma. It’s a good truck. I will enjoy my time with it and make good use of it’s capabilities.

I rode in my friend's 4Runner and really liked it. I could see buying one like his--it was a 1 year old ex-rental and fairly priced.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Put some gas in the Volt since we are going out of town tomorrow. Cost $13 and that’s in California where gas is now over $4 a gallon. First time we’ve put gas in it in 3 months.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Have driven a few 4Runners at work and I always enjoy them. Sit a bit higher and just a fun rig to drive. Was a bit busy at work today as one guy called out, so started early and worked late but since it was Saturday, no big deal. A few customers were a bit assholic about waiting so long but there's a whole procedure the agents must go through, not really their choice. Found that many folks want an upgrade for nothing and aren't very fair when it comes to a survey which kinda stinks! So glad I don't have to deal with those folks because I'd have trouble holding my tongue as people lie so easily! Sometimes I just walk away when I hear some folks.
    The Sirius/XM free upgrade has ended and folks are still bitching about it. Most won't pay for it but have had no issue getting it for free all these years. Must admit, I miss it to but just carry a lightning cord with me now and use my iPhone to listen to my tunes that way. It's still free on certain brand new vehicles for the first 3 months. Figure that my library has now 882 tunes in it and since I always shuffle them, never know what's coming up next.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,221
    @qbrozen

Also any idea of auction value for low mile (6k) premium plus 3.0 Audi Q7?

I see both 18 and 19 CPO Premium plus and prestige and am wondering what the auction delta in price is.

Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen
    Still in the hunt

Any auction values for 2018 Audi Q7 prestige 3.0 with 7k miles?

About $52k

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen

Also any idea of auction value for low mile (6k) premium plus 3.0 Audi Q7?

I see both 18 and 19 CPO Premium plus and prestige and am wondering what the auction delta in price is.

Thanks

$44k vs $51k. Very big difference for some reason

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited October 2019
    Thanks.

Wow 7k more for prestige vs premium plus - I assume both 2018s?

I thought you had said $49k for 19 prestige 3.0 with 7500 miles when I initially asked? Maybe I’m not remembering correctly??
    corvette said:

nyccarguy said:

The vehicles I’ve bought because I really wanted them and liked them on their merits have been the ones I’ve generally been the happiest with rather than the ones I’ve bought/leased at a price point.

My Saab, Prelude, 328xi, & Infiniti. My wife’s X3, and 2 Pilots.

That's telling... Are you sure you can hold out 24 months with the Tacoma? :D
    mjfloyd1 said:

I put Michelin Premier on my wife’s GL350 - even with rotations every 5K miles they were toast at 14k miles. Michelin was very good standing up with their warranty though.

I've never claimed a tire warranty. I've never had a tire that I felt comfortable driving on once it got anywhere close to the wear bars.
    Local family owned tire shop. Really good guys. Representative from Michelin called me and it was really odd. She made an offer of 90% of wholesale value. I did not realize that it was bartering and said it was fine. She asked if I realized that I could ask for more and we settled at 95%.
    qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen

Any idea of auction value on 2019 Audi Q7 prestige with 7500 miles?

Local dealer has CPO available and wife has the itch to get rid of MB gl350

Assuming it is the V6 model, it would around that $48k-$49k range.
    This is what I recalled. Maybe that was for the 4 cylinder??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    mjfloyd1 said:

qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen

Any idea of auction value on 2019 Audi Q7 prestige with 7500 miles?

Local dealer has CPO available and wife has the itch to get rid of MB gl350

Assuming it is the V6 model, it would around that $48k-$49k range.
    This is what I recalled. Maybe that was for the 4 cylinder??
    I think the Prestige only comes with the 3.0 engine.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ahh maybe premium plus 2019 then??
    Ok, had to backtrack. Those numbers are all correct; HOWEVER, upon closer inspection, most of the 2019 Prestige examples have very poor condition reports. Odd but true. So not an accurate assessment for a clean one. Probably more like $54k-$55k for a clean low-mileage 2019 Prestige. Maybe. Possibly. Not enough examples to make a totally fair estimate.

edited October 2019
    mjfloyd1 said:

Thanks.

I thought you had said $49k for 19 prestige 3.0 with 7500 miles when I initially asked? Maybe I’m not remembering correctly??

Oh, and that 44 vs 51 was for 18 vs 19 PP v6.

The ‘18 PP is the obvious bargain of these 4 choices. No clue why it is so much lower than the others, but it is what it is.

mjfloyd1 said:

Local family owned tire shop. Really good guys. Representative from Michelin called me and it was really odd. She made an offer of 90% of wholesale value. I did not realize that it was bartering and said it was fine. She asked if I realized that I could ask for more and we settled at 95%.

Interesting! Glad they took care of you. I think European makes tend to wear out tires faster due to heavier curb weight and also their alignment settings, which are usually tuned to prioritize road feel and making the car feel planted vs. making the tires last as long as possible.
    qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Thanks.

Oh, and that 44 vs 51 was for 18 vs 19 PP v6.

The ‘18 PP is the obvious bargain of these 4 choices. No clue why it is so much lower than the others, but it is what it is.
    Thank you.

I do see a CPO 18 prestige with 6.5k miles for 53k

Only reasonable priced 18 PP is 5k miles for 50k non CPO (I think)
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Put the Viggen up for sale today. It depresses me to do it, but I found out my parking arrangement is going to be going away and doing car Tetris isn’t going to fly at home. If I can’t get a minimum number, I’ll keep it and work to find somewhere to store it, but first attempt will be sale.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

Put the Viggen up for sale today. It depresses me to do it, but I found out my parking arrangement is going to be going away and doing car Tetris isn’t going to fly at home. If I can’t get a minimum number, I’ll keep it and work to find somewhere to store it, but first attempt will be sale.

Do you have a link to the ad?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Me too. I’m secretly hoping no one wants it so I don’t need to let it go.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    seems like something that might work for BaT?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Nice quality add BTW. much better than the usual CL 2 blurry pictures taken at night, in a garage, on a cell phone. And 3 lines of misspelled gibberish.

I thought about BaT but I don’t think the condition warrants it. It’s rough around the edges for sure.

I thought about BaT but I don’t think the condition warrants it. It’s rough around the edges for sure.

So nice...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I did read the ad after I posted that. But, they do have some listings that are like that. If nothing else, gives them some lower cost units to list. Plus it certainly qualifies as a unique piece!

I suppose you won't know unless you submit it to them.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    stickguy said:

seems like something that might work for BaT?

I thought the exact same thing. It is somewhat unique and they like that.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Good luck with the sale, @28firefighter ! Sorry you lost your storage space and it sounds like the time with the Viggen came to an end before you were ready.
    it was a good run. you have the memories, and at some point, will be ready to hunt for the next oddball toy!

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535

Me too. I’m secretly hoping no one wants it so I don’t need to let it go.

I just told @Michaell and @breld that I'd buy it if I didn't have the C30.
    Rule #1 - Don’t sell cars to family.

Rule #2 - Don’t sell cars to friends.

Your C30 is a whole different beast!
    A little help for a poster trying to exit a lease early:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53389/lincoln/navigator/2019-lincoln-navigator-and-navigator-l-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

(be gentle; I think there are no good answers here)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Agh. I should have posted a crummy ad or asked for more money. I’m getting a decent amount of interest from Saab enthusiasts.
    corvette said:

Good luck with the sale, @28firefighter ! Sorry you lost your storage space and it sounds like the time with the Viggen came to an end before you were ready.

It’s for the best. The garage it’s normally parked in was broken into this weekend and several cars broken into and/or seriously damaged. I expect the Saab would’ve been low hanging fruit.

If I’m able to get $7k for it, it’ll have cost me $110/month to drive before insurance and fuel. Not too bad at all.
    Are SAAB nuts real tightwads like the Volvo crowd?

stickguy said:

Are SAAB nuts real tightwads like the Volvo crowd?

Never heard of either being described as such.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Good Luck (or maybe not, lol). Nice honest ad!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

Agh. I should have posted a crummy ad or asked for more money. I’m getting a decent amount of interest from Saab enthusiasts.

What kind of craig's list ad is that? Have you learned nothing? It is supposed to end with "nO tRaDez! nO lOw Ballz! I kNoZ wUt I gOtZ!"

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    @ New York car guy, I’m glad your wife found a job, even if it’s not 100% what she wants I’m very happy.
    @ Sandman, I’m glad your job is getting a loan of 2020 models in, and you enjoy driving so much. It’s one job I wish I could do I’d be in heaven ha ha Ha. People are crazy and a lot more honest unfortunately the things they do with rental cars and just every day life sad sad sad. On the discrimination that’s hard to prove even with me I’ve been applying for jobs I dealers free ever not gonna give up it’s a dream of mine. But keep at it God has a plan for us all.
    @ondrays 3 every car brand has its problems, I mention this over and over and here, I mean you’re entitled to your opinion on the Kia which is fine. I know you like your Audi’s which is perfectly fine too. Different strokes for different folks.
    I’m back everyone, had to delete the shortcut on my phone because it kept saying the page couldn’t be displayed, and I put it back again from the admin site back in business.
    Still job searching here, the gym and making the best of every day, pushing to go to a car show yesterday but my cousin didn’t feel well and the weather wasn’t the greatest, there’s another one on October 19 I found out and about so hoping to go to that one. And get out in the car again a bit next weekend. Not sure if I told everyone, got a new battery for last Tuesday and they ended up giving me one for free even though the old one they probably weren’t going to cover under warranty thank God worked out in my favor.
    @ 28 fire fighter, sorry to hear the sad sad news they have to sell Division, but I’m sure eventually you’ll find another toy, I’m glad you’re getting lots of interest on it.
    @QB Nice, glad you got the wheel hub put on the equinox and saved a bit of money. Yes eventually get to the other projects that you have to do with that car ha ha Ha.
    No not tightwads at all, I don't think. Actually the feedback I've gotten is that I'm being very reasonable and honest in my ad. The people interested right now are really enthusiasts - asking about common modifications, failure points, etc - they know what this car is relative to the average consumer.
    @ Send man, agreed cars or just machines and things happens maybe sometimes more of the certain makes another’s but it is what it is.
    Agreed people should do more looking at the cars that they like not just numbers. I guess my neighbor they gonna go this coming weekend since their lease is up a week from tomorrow and they haven’t done a damn thing yet I gave up on trying to talk to them about it they’re going to see I’m sure going to hear all about it how stressed out they are because they waited to the last minute meanwhile I told him from the beginning of September let’s go look.