Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027

Is everybody seeing grey letters instead of black? Or is it just me and my laptopS, both of them?
    HP Pavilion G7 and HP ENVY dv6. both Win 10 fully up-to-date.
    I noticed that when editing, the lines of text are double vertical spacing apart.
    The blue shading on the number box telling which page of that topic you're
    on is too light to show up on my machines.

This is all normal Vanilla Forums (mis)behaviour. The other such forum I was a regular on changed to Vanilla and had all of those same issues. They went thru a year from h-e-double-l until they bit the bullet and switched yet again to a different platform.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    abacomike said:

This new format sure lacks contrast. It’s also quirky. But I am sure, with some patience on our part, this, too, shall pass! :p

Seamless, right? :s

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

This new format sure lacks contrast. It’s also quirky. But I am sure, with some patience on our part, this, too, shall pass! :p

Seamless, right? :s

jmonroe
    I guess Vanilla has never heard of “beta” trials. I would have volunteered to try out the beta format and provide feedback to them. Never too late!

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    these days, software companies like to just roll stuff out like this, and let the users do the testing for them. Or they just don't care.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    I’m willing to bet Edmunds has been testing this in dev for a while. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Working at different places as an independent contractor I have to deal with up dates all the time. There is a roll out of patches, updated software, and sometimes completely new programs and platforms. What an adventure when IT is bombarded with tickets that things are no longer working right.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    The new guys that took over didn't waste any time...hope this isn't the beginning of the end.
    Can we start a C&C on Quora?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

driver100 said:

The new guys that took over didn't waste any time...hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

This is an "old Edmunds" initiative.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    carnaught said:

The lady was wrong but the cop over reacted.

Wow, even I don't have a problem with how this cop acted or reacted!
    I guess it comes from the context of having seen far worse "police" reactions, both on video and in-person. It's all relative.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    For those that need some reading material this weekend, this was an ULTIMATE and EXCELLENT Appellate Court published decision salvaging some motorists rights in the 90's:
    https://law.justia.com/cases/california/court-of-appeal/4th/13/supp1.html
    People v. Goulet (1993)
    This published decision overturning the lower Courts conviction is notable for various reasons:
    1. Personally, I just read all the details and find it satisfying that the Ventura Court was the one that got overturned, as I've personally known that Court to act in the most unjustified and unethical ways. Pretty much every traffic case there should probably be rightfully overturned, if only all of us had the money and lawyers Goulet did.
    2. The speed trap laws of CA were upheld.
    3. The BS of not obeying the 85th percentile was frowned upon.
    4. It's one of the most famously cited cases in Traffic Court Defense Self-Help books.
    5. It's used as the basis of a few motions you can do in Traffic Court.
    6. They wrote this wise and famous line: "Traffic rules account for most of the contact by average citizens with law enforcement and the courts. Enforcement of laws which are widely perceived as unreasonable and unfair generates disrespect and even contempt toward those who make and enforce those laws."
    Disrespect and contempt........ I wonder where that came from. Never seen any of that shown here. :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

I’m willing to bet Edmunds has been testing this in dev for a while. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt.

Let’s not. :D

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    driver100 said:

We'll miss you....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,851
    Based on all the ads I see, these forums have to bring in revenue. As long as they add to the bottom line I think we are all safe.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    kyfdx said:

We'll miss you....

Speak for yourself.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    kyfdx said:

driver100 said:

We'll miss you....
    Don't worry....I'll find some new virtual friends! ;)

tjc78 said:

Based on all the ads I see, these forums have to bring in revenue. As long as they add to the bottom line I think we are all safe.

You would think but the only reason CarMax is buying Edmunds is to [deleted by CarMax as fake news] and they will [deleted by CarMax as fake news]. Mark my words that [deleted by CarMax as fake news].
    I like the optimism in your post. :D

I've done my part to support CarMax over the years; haven't yet bought (but came VERY CLOSE, including needing to take one home to look at more), but I did sell them a Honda Civic back in the day for $8K that they probably sold for $11 or $12K.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    I just recommended CarMax as a buyer of our friend's Cruze. Very low miles. I believe it's an 188, bought as a left over model in 19. Husband has been in nursing car for a year. It was his car. It's likely he won't be driving even after returning home soon.
    It's CarMax's ideal car. I'd guess it's got 8 K or few miles.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited April 2021

tjc78 said:

You would think but the only reason CarMax is buying Edmunds is to [deleted by CarMax as fake news] and they will [deleted by CarMax as fake news]. Mark my words that [deleted by CarMax as fake news].
    Are you trying to say Edmunds might end up censoring posts like Facebook does, only allowing one viewpoint? E.g., all GM's are bad? But can't say anything negative about Hyundai or Toyota or Honda? LOL Doubt it.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

tjc78 said:

Are you trying to say Edmunds might end up censoring posts like Facebook does, only allowing one viewpoint? E.g., all GM's are bad? But can't say anything negative about Hyundai or Toyota or Honda?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I had my second Moderna jab this morning and it was surprisingly sting-free. They said I should have some Tylenol on hand just in case I feel pain tonight or tomorrow. So far--knock on wood---I feel fine and pray that my wife and I make it through without adverse effects. So, what does that mean, am I Covid free and ready to mingle or do I have to remain cloistered for a couple more weeks?
    edited April 2021
    bwia said:

I had my second Moderna jab this morning and it was surprisingly sting-free. They said I should have some Tylenol on hand just in case I feel pain tonight or tomorrow. So far--knock on wood---I feel fine and pray that my wife and I make it through without adverse effects. So, what does that mean, am I Covid free and ready to mingle or do I have to remain cloistered for a couple more weeks?

I don't think they really know how the immunity builds up after the first or after the second shot. Those that say "follow the science" aren't very good at it.

I'd consider 10 days to 2 weeks you'll be at max immunity to the various strains covered. That's the attitude I've taken based on my science.

If my wife's experience with Moderna after the 2nd shot is typical, you'll need that NSAID to reduce reaction. But mild fever and life will go on after 2 days. The shingles 2nd shot was worse for me.

Best of luck getting a small reaction.

bwia said:

To be safe, you shouldn’t post here for 48 hours.

Jmonroe
    Hello Edmunds moderators.

Yesterday, I inadvertently posted a link to access "...citizensbankonline.com...." and kindly ask the moderators to remove that link. Your kind attention to this matter is much appreciated. Thanks bwia.
    jmonroe1 said:

bwia said:

Jmonroe
    ...and, always remember to wear a mask when you enter this site.

bwia said:

They say 2 weeks to get maximum protection, and then don't do anything stupid, there is still a chance you can get it or pass it on. Think of it as a layer of very strong extra protection, but you aren't 100% safe.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    bwia said:

Yes you should put on triple masks, crawl under the bed and listen to the nightly news for further instructions. Don’t think for yourself or you might catch the “independence” strain of the virus. :'(

Seriously though, from what I’ve researched, after a few weeks you shouldn’t be able to catch or transmit the virus. Even the various strains. Unless you were to physically pick up particles from an infected person and rub it on someone else within a few minutes.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

bwia said:

Yesterday, I inadvertently posted a link to access "...citizensbankonline.com...." and kindly ask the moderators to remove that link. Your kind attention to this matter is much appreciated. Thanks bwia.

It’s ok. I’ve already emptied your account and will be posting pictures of my new Ferrari soon. ;)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

bwia said:

I had my first jab this morning, nothing to note other than someone poked me with a needle. I go back for #2 in a few weeks.

bwia said:

Done

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2021
    kyfdx said:

bwia said:

Done
    How come he wanted it removed? :o

Enquiring minds and all that!

bwia said:

It’s ok. I’ve already emptied your account and will be posting pictures of my new Ferrari soon. ;)
    Let me guess, being "OldFarmer" this will be your Ferrari.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    edited April 2021
    Not to defend fb, but people who respect private property and private enterprise should have no problem with that, right? Law and order and everything. I mean, I am sure a fair and balanced venue full of logical intelligent people, say Parler, is a free exchange of ideas and viewpoints, LOL , and I am sure one can find plenty of evidence that fb is blindly deleting ideas of a certain viewpoint just because, and not because nutjob conspiracy theorists who sow seeds of discord with unfounded claims are using it to encourage violence, nope

Are you trying to say Edmunds might end up censoring posts like Facebook does, only allowing one viewpoint? E.g., all GM's are bad? But can't say anything negative about Hyundai or Toyota or Honda? LOL Doubt it.

We went for a pre Easter dinner walk and I saw a Genesis G90 in a driveway. I could see the badge on the trunk and I really thought it was a Bentley. It must have been about a 2018 because it had back lights like this one.

Doesn't that look like it could be a Bentley?

jmonroe1 said:

bwia said:

Jmonroe
    It's okay. He's wearing a mask. B)

edited April 2021
    Came across these today. They would go together great.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    abacomike said:

carnaught said:

That’s the latest punch. Busy day - more details and pics to follow.

Carnaught, the color is terrific on that BMW. Best of luck, my friend, with your new car. But we need the facts - the details - the hows and whys - and more pics. 😜🤪🤓

Thanks Mike! All the best with that beautiful Genny you just got too!
    Please go to the CCBA board where today I finally got around to posting more pics and a copy of it’s window sticker.

kyfdx said:

bwia said:

Done
    Thanks so much @kyfdx. You answered my prayers. Whew! I feel so much better and will sleep better tonight. Now, I can tell my wife about it and I hope she will forgive me for that stupid mistake.
    @driver100, that was a direct link to my checking, savings, and investment accounts.
    driver100 said:

We went for a pre Easter dinner walk and I saw a Genesis G90 in a driveway. I could see the badge on the trunk and I really thought it was a Bentley. It must have been about a 2018 because it had back lights like this one.

Doesn't that look like it could be a Bentley?

I mistook a big Jaguar for a G90 last week.

edited April 2021
    To me the G90 has out-Lincolned the Lincoln rear. The rear used to be Mercedesesque, but now it's Lincolnesque.

And in browsing I saw there's a G90L version. Extra wheelbase.

edited April 2021
    bwia said:

kyfdx said:

bwia said:

Done
    Thanks so much @kyfdx. You answered my prayers. Whew! I feel so much better and will sleep better tonight. Now, I can tell my wife about it and I hope she will forgive me for that stupid mistake.
    @driver100, that was a direct link to my checking, savings, and investment accounts.
    OMG!
    There goes our big new ownership party!

I saw a real Bentley today....it looked just like this;

It had dealer plates on it. The guy was driving like a jerk.....like he owned the road. The car is beautiful in real, so tasteful and the lines are beautiful on it. Would I want to own one? Not really, I'd be so concerned about driving it around in a lot of areas.......and I wouldn't want that much attention.

Thanks imid....I was hoping we had all forgot about the Superman costume, but I like that license. Florida offers about 80 different license designs....I have to check if the have a SM one!

But only if he moves to Metropolis, IL.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    was chatting before with the wife and daughter (and her friend that came to visit) about moving. Definitely looking like will be going with a permanent place up in NY near OldFarmer, but some sort of winter place (January-March) in a nicer climate. Myrtle beach, someplace like that. I can work with that plan.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

I saw a real Bentley today....it looked just like this;

It had dealer plates on it. The guy was driving like a jerk.....like he owned the road. The car is beautiful in real, so tasteful and the lines are beautiful on it. Would I want to own one? Not really, I'd be so concerned about driving it around in a lot of areas.......and I wouldn't want that much attention.

What could possibly be wrong with too much attention? ??
    :P

edited April 2021
    Re: Edmund's changes
    Things are good.

I haven't had anything that doesn't work during this set of changes to the
    forums. So often during a change or update various people's computers
    would have trouble because of those ancillary problems that pop up
    when something else is changed.

That hasn't happened this time. Only change is the font appearing grey
    for me and low contast. Only thing missing is the ability to go to my profile
    and see a comments link that pulled up recent postings, enabling me to go
    back to find or review one.

Re: Edmund's changes
    Things are good.

I haven't had anything that doesn't work during this set of changes to the
    forums. So often during a change or update various people's computers
    would have trouble because of those ancillary problems that pop up
    when something else is changed.

That hasn't happened this time. Only change is the font appearing grey
    for me and low contast. Only thing missing is the ability to go to my profile
    and see a comments link that pulled up recent postings, enabling me to go
    back to find or review one.

https://forums.edmunds.com/profile/comments/

Type in your user name at the back of this link. We are working on fixing that issue.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    edited April 2021
    Accessing other forums that are starred here on Edmunds was easy before on the mobile app. I just dropped the page and several options became visible. Not any more - that option is not available.

2021 Genesis G90