Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I just figured it out - bookmark links are at the bottom of each page.

2021 Genesis G90

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    Carnaughts car looks beautiful......the fast way to see it is to follow the link...near the bottom and continues on the next page:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/4011/general/x/chronic-car-buyers-anonymous/p2417
    He added pictures of the exterior and interior!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Re: Edmund's changes
    Only thing missing is the ability to go to my profile
    and see a comments link that pulled up recent postings, enabling me to go
    back to find or review one.

I didn't know that existed so I didn't miss it!
    I do miss contrasting and bolder colors....my world has become very dull and gray.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited April 2021
    May not be the easiest way, but I bookmarked the Edmunds page that has its bookmarks as a bookmark in my browsers. If I click on that in the header, I go to forums.edmunds.com/discussions/bookmarked and get this page.

AND I have an even easier way to get into my most frequently visited site, when I start to type "forum...." into my URL line on the browsers, the browser tries to guess which past URL I want, so it pops down a flyout menu with choices on it as I type. I move the arrow down and pick the one with forums.edmunds.com/discussions/bookmarked and I get the page showing all my selected discussions with ones having unread posts first. Usually I've only typed two letters.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Happy Easter to all. Make it a prayerful day and stay safe. B)
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited April 2021
    June 18, 2014, 11:34 am was the first post in this topic.

We're now on Page 2500. Lots of posts.
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/18576/general/x/edmunds-members-cars-and-conversations/p1

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Something to think about:

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    driver100 said:

Shocking, just shocking.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,644
    driver100 said:

I saw a real Bentley today....it looked just like this;

It had dealer plates on it. The guy was driving like a jerk.....like he owned the road. The car is beautiful in real, so tasteful and the lines are beautiful on it. Would I want to own one? Not really, I'd be so concerned about driving it around in a lot of areas.......and I wouldn't want that much attention.

Jerky driving isn’t limited to Bentley. This morning I was behind a Honda Accord at a traffic light. The light change and the car didn’t move. After about 20 seconds I gave a slight beep and I could see the driver’s head jerk up, from her phone no doubt.

As we continued down the street which had two lanes she was doing 20 in a 35 and riding the line right in the middle so you couldn’t pass on either side. At the next light she drifted into the turning lane so I could get by. As I passed her I could see she still had her head down buried in the phone.

I hope the texting was worth it.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited April 2021
    stickguy said:

was chatting before with the wife and daughter (and her friend that came to visit) about moving. Definitely looking like will be going with a permanent place up in NY near OldFarmer, but some sort of winter place (January-March) in a nicer climate. Myrtle beach, someplace like that. I can work with that plan.

So you’re finally going to write that check and buy my extravagant estate?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Re: Edmund's changes
    Things are good.

I haven't had anything that doesn't work during this set of changes to the
    forums. So often during a change or update various people's computers
    would have trouble because of those ancillary problems that pop up
    when something else is changed.

That hasn't happened this time. Only change is the font appearing grey
    for me and low contast. Only thing missing is the ability to go to my profile
    and see a comments link that pulled up recent postings, enabling me to go
    back to find or review one.

I don’t seem to be able to locate all those silly badges and accolades they bestow for longevity and pithiness but I think I’ll survive. Getting to the discussions I frequent is actually easier than before.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,078

I don’t seem to be able to locate all those silly badges and accolades they bestow for longevity and pithiness but I think I’ll survive. Getting to the discussions I frequent is actually easier than before.

If you click on the "profile" link on the right side and scroll down on the resulting page you see all the badges. I had some I didn't even know existed, like "Ancient Membership". Not sure I like the drift of that one.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,541
    driver100 said:

Not to worry. Elon forsaw this event and designed charging stations that sensed a high water level within 10 feet of the cord you wanted to use, automatically disable that charger.

jmonroe.
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

stickguy said:

was chatting before with the wife and daughter (and her friend that came to visit) about moving. Definitely looking like will be going with a permanent place up in NY near OldFarmer, but some sort of winter place (January-March) in a nicer climate. Myrtle beach, someplace like that. I can work with that plan.

I take it that the veggies and flowers are in the back yard where they belong.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,509
    nice little place. Might not be enough room for what the wife wants though.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

ab348 said:

If you click on the "profile" link on the right side and scroll down on the resulting page you see all the badges. I had some I didn't even know existed, like "Ancient Membership". Not sure I like the drift of that one.
    Ahhh, there they are. Now I can go there when I want to bask in my own glory. :D

edited April 2021
    jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

I take it that the veggies and flowers are in the back yard where they belong.

jmonroe
    Those are apple trees out front. ;) there’s not much room for veggies since the river is out back.

Now that I think of it that’s not a house I’d wish on my Edmunds buddies. The guy who built it died in prison, the next owner and his son were killed in a plane crash in the river right behind the house and his widow was convicted of slavery.

Maybe it’s cursed.

edited April 2021
    ab348 said:

Thanks ab....I was hoping I didn't lose all my badges and lols etc.
    I did get 2 flags for some unknown reason.....I should be able to find out my accusers.
    Oh, I checked it out.....I guess because I said:
    April 1
    Oh great, special new activation fee each year, extended warranty offered in case anything goes wrong - small cost, up to 2 posts a day free, charges if you go over, new penalties depending on the number of "Flags" in a year.
    So 2 people give me Flags.....I don't even get a hearing or a court trial! Now I have to live with that stain on my impeccable record! :'(

Farmer, what's the address of that modest shack? I assume it is the Hudson behind it?

edited April 2021
    stickguy said:

Farmer, what's the address of that modest shack? I assume it is the Hudson behind it?

That’s Llenroc. 708 Riverview road, Rexford (Clifton Park). About 20 minutes south of Saratoga Springs. The river is the Mohawk.

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I did get 2 flags for some unknown reason.....I should be able to find out my accusers.
    April 1
    Oh great, special new activation fee each year, extended warranty offered in case anything goes wrong - small cost, up to 2 posts a day free, charges if you go over, new penalties depending on the number of "Flags" in a year.
    So 2 people give me Flags.....I don't even get a hearing or a court trial! Now I have to live with that stain on my impeccable record! :'(
    I think you’re having a senior moment. You dared one of your poster buddies to “flag” you so he did. Then you double dared him to do it again. So he complied.

You got what you asked for if I’m remembering this correctly. The bylaws say one more flag and you’re gone. We can’t wait for that day. B)

jmonroe
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited April 2021
    driver100 said:

Wonder if the spark would be strong enough to power the flux capacitor in Dr. Brown's DeLorean.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1
    I think you’re having a senior moment. You dared one of your poster buddies to “flag” you so he did. Then you double dared him to do it again. So he complied.

You got what you asked for if I’m remembering this correctly. The bylaws say one more flag and you’re gone. We can’t wait for that day. B)

jmonroe
    Well, he didn't have to do it!

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,901
    dino001 said:

driver100 said:

Wonder if the spark would be strong enough to power the flux capacitor in the Dr. Brown's DeLorean.
    1.21 Gigawatts!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504

I hope the texting was worth it.

With luck, she'll kill only herself.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1
    Hey you dared me to flag it.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1

jmonroe
    You’re right but he was doing his best to get you to strike three as fast as he could.

jmonroe
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1
    A flag is a badge of honor. I have one but it was on a completely innocuous post from long ago, so likely an accidental flag.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited April 2021
    Came upon this article and it spurred a rant from me to my kids. I know it shouldn’t, but it honestly infuriates me when people waste money like this. I don’t understand it. Sure, you should be able to do what you want, but how can anyone ever think “hey, this $700k could change a lot of lives ... or buy a mass-produced cardboard box. Cardboard box it is!” ? It is truly baffling to me. I wish I could have that kind of money to burn so I could do some good with it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/business/super-mario-bros-nintendo-auction.html?0p19G=2103

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1

jmonroe
    You’re right but he was doing his best to get you to strike three as fast as he could.

jmonroe
    Hey I only did it once, when he dared me to do it again I tried but Eddy wouldn't let me. Someone else joined in the fun.

qbrozen said:

Came upon this article and it spurred a rant from me to my kids. I know it shouldn’t, but it honestly infuriates me when people waste money like this. I don’t understand it. Sure, you should be able to do what you want, but how can anyone ever think “hey, this $700k could change a lot of lives ... or buy a mass-produced cardboard box. Cardboard box it is!” ? It is truly baffling to me. I wish I could have that kind of money to burn so I could do some good with it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/business/super-mario-bros-nintendo-auction.html?0p19G=2103

Since that was the darling of 12yo boys in 1986 I’m guessing a 47 year old trying to prove something to his parents who wouldn’t buy it for him.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    It’s not how I would invest my money. But it’s no different to me than someone who buys high value baseball cards, concours cars that you don’t actually drive, etc. You buy it as an investment that brings you some sort of joy. Not my cup of tea, but I understand it.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,346
    qbrozen said:

I think it's ridiculous as well, but as I see it, my only concern should be what I do with my resources. I'm sure there are more than a few people who find it beyond scandalous that you and I own 5 or more cars.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Hey I only did it once, when he dared me to do it again I tried but Eddy wouldn't let me. Someone else joined in the fun.
    You'll be hearing from my lawyer, and when I find out the other slanderer he'll hear from them too:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1
    A flag is a badge of honor. I have one but it was on a completely innocuous post from long ago, so likely an accidental flag.
    Good point Q.................you're a nobody until you've been flagged!

someone just paid over $2,000,000 for a Tom Brady rookie card. It was signed, but hey, he is still alive so not like he can't sign more!

qbrozen said:

I think it's ridiculous as well, but as I see it, my only concern should be what I do with my resources. I'm sure there are more than a few people who find it beyond scandalous that you and I own 5 or more cars.
    Probably, but at least we get use out of cars. And, at least in my case, the value of all 7 of mine together is less than one new Porsche 911.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,346
    qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

Probably, but at least we get use out of cars. And, at least in my case, the value of all 7 of mine together is less than one new Porsche 911.
    Same here, but I suspect that wouldn’t stop the sanctimonious tut-tutting from those who think you should own one car at most. I think that people should spend their money however they want; it’s none of my business.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

driver100 said:

It had dealer plates on it. The guy was driving like a jerk.....like he owned the road. The car is beautiful in real, so tasteful and the lines are beautiful on it. Would I want to own one? Not really, I'd be so concerned about driving it around in a lot of areas.......and I wouldn't want that much attention.

Jerky driving isn’t limited to Bentley. This morning I was behind a Honda Accord at a traffic light. The light change and the car didn’t move. After about 20 seconds I gave a slight beep and I could see the driver’s head jerk up, from her phone no doubt
    20 seconds? You are a patient fellow, oldfarmer. I max out at about 5 seconds before I give a beep.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    jipster said:

driver100 said:

Jerky driving isn’t limited to Bentley. This morning I was behind a Honda Accord at a traffic light. The light change and the car didn’t move. After about 20 seconds I gave a slight beep and I could see the driver’s head jerk up, from her phone no doubt
    20 seconds? You are a patient fellow, oldfarmer. I max out at about 5 seconds before I give a beep.

Well it is oldfarmer and it usually takes at least 20 seconds to get his Hoyt-Clagwell going so that's about right.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

April 1

jmonroe

jmonroe
    You'll be hearing from my lawyer, and when I find out the other slanderer he'll hear from them too:

Well they can call my lawyer.

@oldfarmer50 I have noticed a lot of slow drivers these days. The worst one was a woman who was turning left in front of me and she could have gone but misjudged the oncoming cars.....she had time to turn but didn't think she had the time. Then there were several seconds wasted when oncoming cars signaled a right turn and they could turn into the right lane, and she could have gone into the left of the two lanes on the crossroad. She finally turned left, I could finally just make it through, and then I missed the next light which turned red just as I got there. And that is the worst part.....because of their inefficient driving it costs others valuable time....and I am sure they don't think about that. She was going to turn left again at the next red light....to go into Walmart.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    jipster said:

driver100 said:

I was behind a PA State Trooper last week and he sat at a green light with his head down. After a short while I gave him a little beep. His head jerked up and he started moving real slow. :p

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50 I have noticed a lot of slow drivers these days. The worst one was a woman who was turning left in front of me and she could have gone but misjudged the oncoming cars.....she had time to turn but didn't think she had the time. Then there were several seconds wasted when oncoming cars signaled a right turn and they could turn into the right lane, and she could have gone into the left of the two lanes on the crossroad. She finally turned left, I could finally just make it through, and then I missed the next light which turned red just as I got there. And that is the worst part.....because of their inefficient driving it costs others valuable time....and I am sure they don't think about that. She was going to turn left again at the next red light....to go into Walmart.

The only problem is that if you are turning left into the left lane and the oncoming car is turning right into the right lane (or you think they are) and they actually turn into the left lane and there is a meeting of the cars who do you think is at fault? Or if the turn signal is a mistake or they change their mind and go straight?

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    venture said:

jipster said:

driver100 said:

After a short while I gave him a little beep. His head jerked up and he started moving real slow. :p
    I've been known to do that, but only after a unnecessarily long "HOOOOONNK!!!!"
    Like come on dude, I'm slightly inattentive, not deaf. :@

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima

qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

Same here, but I suspect that wouldn’t stop the sanctimonious tut-tutting from those who think you should own one car at most. I think that people should spend their money however they want; it’s none of my business.
    As I said, people certainly can and should, but I can’t stop myself feeling like they are useless idiots. Also makes me wonder how in the world such wasteful people have amassed such fortunes.

jipster said:

driver100 said:

That’s when you’d like to be driving a snow plow so you could move them along. :@

jmonroe
    qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

As I said, people certainly can and should, but I can’t stop myself feeling like they are useless idiots. Also makes me wonder how in the world such wasteful people have amassed such fortunes.
    Not to make waves but I think one of our poster buddies is going to tell us how that happens. B)

jmonroe
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    fintail said:

Not to defend fb, but people who respect private property and private enterprise should have no problem with that, right? Law and order and everything. I mean, I am sure a fair and balanced venue full of logical intelligent people, say Parler, is a free exchange of ideas and viewpoints, LOL , and I am sure one can find plenty of evidence that fb is blindly deleting ideas of a certain viewpoint just because, and not because nutjob conspiracy theorists who sow seeds of discord with unfounded claims are using it to encourage violence, nope

Are you trying to say Edmunds might end up censoring posts like Facebook does, only allowing one viewpoint? E.g., all GM's are bad? But can't say anything negative about Hyundai or Toyota or Honda? LOL Doubt it.

I don’t see Edmunds doing any sort of “vetting” of posts/posters, unless it goes against the community rules. Like any other social platform, the rules are generally simple....don’t post lies, don’t post hateful things, don’t threaten, don’t call people names.

Makes sense!

If you must do any of those things, no one will stop you. But, there are other venues to do that (and those sites sound pretty crazy, so you’ll be right at home).
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,901
    edited April 2021

fintail said:

Not to defend fb, but people who respect private property and private enterprise should have no problem with that, right? Law and order and everything. I mean, I am sure a fair and balanced venue full of logical intelligent people, say Parler, is a free exchange of ideas and viewpoints, LOL , and I am sure one can find plenty of evidence that fb is blindly deleting ideas of a certain viewpoint just because, and not because nutjob conspiracy theorists who sow seeds of discord with unfounded claims are using it to encourage violence, nope

Are you trying to say Edmunds might end up censoring posts like Facebook does, only allowing one viewpoint? E.g., all GM's are bad? But can't say anything negative about Hyundai or Toyota or Honda? LOL Doubt it.

I don’t see Edmunds doing any sort of “vetting” of posts/posters, unless it goes against the community rules. Like any other social platform, the rules are generally simple....don’t post lies, don’t post hateful things, don’t threaten, don’t call people names.

Makes sense!

If you must do any of those things, no one will stop you. But, there are other venues to do that (and those sites sound pretty crazy, so you’ll be right at home).
    Kinda like what we learn in Kindergarten

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve