I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

1341342343345347

Comments

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    New Z4

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 2,925
    My first sighting of the new Bronco. Yellow, 4 door, top removed. I guess we'll all be seeing a lot more of them soon.

    21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 4,847
    New Kia K5 in the ever popular cement gray.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,578
    sda said:

    New Kia K5 in the ever popular cement gray.

    I think Kia calls it Wolf Grey, and, when coupled with the red interior, it's a sharp combination! A few pix have been posted in the K5 lease thread.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • texasestexases Member Posts: 9,749
    While a nice color, it says a lot about how poor our choices are when a different shade of grey gets our attention. :(
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,389
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLMember Posts: 5,987
    See that color all the time down here in South Florida...like it myself.

    2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    I hold out hope that those 50 shades of dull gray will someday be replaced with a color like this.



    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860
    edited July 27
    isn't that Olds just white?

    The Ford appears to be the same Velocity Blue you can currently get on the Mustang.

    So, no need to hold out hope.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    qbrozen said:

    isn't that Olds just white?

    The Ford appears to be the same Velocity Blue you can currently get on the Mustang.

    So, no need to hold out hope.

    No, no, no. Both are a non-metallic light blue, what used to be called powder blue generically. The Olds is Azure Blue and the Ford is Skylight Blue, but lighting of the pics can make them look different. Ford in the '60s/early '70s sold a lot of cars in a similar light non-metallic blue. Names were Diamond Blue, Arcadian Blue, Pastel Blue, probably some others.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860
    edited July 27
    Ah. Bad pic of skylight blue. This is more appropriate, methinks.




    The example above, due to lighting, as you said, def looks more like Velocity.





    Still, plenty of blues out there. It just isn't popular with consumers. As Terry used to call them, no-sale blue and no-sale green.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860
    That azure blue sure is pale. Tough to find an outside pic where it looks blue at all. Here is an indoor pic that claims to be the same color.


    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    Not a fan on the 442

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    I associate the color most closely with Ford, from not only seeing them on the streets when I was a kid, but often in TV shows like The FBI and Hawaii Five-O where Ford supplied the cars. But Buick also offered it:

    image

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    edited July 27
    For a mere $6500 upcharge, you can increase the G-Wagen color palette to around 30 choices. This is the one for me (with blue interior, of course):


  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,252
    qbrozen said:

    Ah. Bad pic of skylight blue. This is more appropriate, methinks.




    The example above, due to lighting, as you said, def looks more like Velocity.





    Still, plenty of blues out there. It just isn't popular with consumers. As Terry used to call them, no-sale blue and no-sale green.

    Being age-enhanced (species fartus agedus) I immediately noticed that the Ford hardtop is a real unicorn; a Galaxie 500XL four-door. People who wanted an XL typically didn’t want four doors and vice versa. Ford only offered them in ‘63 and ‘64 and only sold a handful in both years.

    2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

  • texasestexases Member Posts: 9,749
    edited July 28
    Saw a new Urus on my drive home yesterday, yellow of course

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    Not attractive.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    Edmunds likes the Cadillac CT4 Blackwing, a M3 competitor for $10K less money.

    https://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ct4-v-blackwing/

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860
    ab348 said:

    Edmunds likes the Cadillac CT4 Blackwing, a M3 competitor for $10K less money.

    https://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ct4-v-blackwing/

    I don't know for sure, but my guess would be the gap is even larger when you option up an M3 to match the equipment. Just the typical German pricing scheme makes me assume that.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 5,526
    texases said:

    Saw a new Urus on my drive home yesterday, yellow of course

    I've seen a bunch of these around Vancouver area in the past few months and I like them. Foreign money and a hot luxury real estate market seems to drive exotic car sales here.

    2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    I call those the "Uterus".

    In Vancouver, cars are yet another money laundering vehicle , in a city with so much financial malfeasance and dirty offshore money, that there's a type of money laundering named after it.
    boomchek said:

    texases said:

    Saw a new Urus on my drive home yesterday, yellow of course

    I've seen a bunch of these around Vancouver area in the past few months and I like them. Foreign money and a hot luxury real estate market seems to drive exotic car sales here.
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 5,526
    fintail said:

    I call those the "Uterus".

    In Vancouver, cars are yet another money laundering vehicle , in a city with so much financial malfeasance and dirty offshore money, that there's a type of money laundering named after it.

    boomchek said:

    texases said:

    Saw a new Urus on my drive home yesterday, yellow of course

    I've seen a bunch of these around Vancouver area in the past few months and I like them. Foreign money and a hot luxury real estate market seems to drive exotic car sales here.
    When I worked at an exotic car dealership here, it wasn't uncommon to see foreign students buying or leasing exotics, and their proof of income was bank statements of allowance money wired from overseas, in sums of several hundred thousand every few months. Having said that, there are legit business owners overseas, especially in China, with massive fortunes (heck everything is made there, and there are a ton of wealthy factory and/or business owners who can afford to send their kids to foreign schools and settle them in), but I'm sure some money sources were questionable as mentioned in the article.

    2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    And no auditing done about the source of that money, which is part of why Vancouver has an insane real estate market. Vancouver is a worldwide hub for money laundering and related issues, and there's a reason for that.

    I question "legit" business in the PRC, where anything must have approval of the government, and one effectively won't be successful without kowtowing the CCP line. Maybe legit relative to their standards, but you'd be in jail if you behaved that way here - corruption is a necessity. Pay for play residency is a disastrous idea, but that's something for another venue :)

    Good place for car spotting anyway, maybe more benevolent 25 years ago when it was just HK expats fleeing the handover, building bland oversized houses and buying W140s.
    boomchek said:



    When I worked at an exotic car dealership here, it wasn't uncommon to see foreign students buying or leasing exotics, and their proof of income was bank statements of allowance money wired from overseas, in sums of several hundred thousand every few months. Having said that, there are legit business owners overseas, especially in China, with massive fortunes (heck everything is made there, and there are a ton of wealthy factory and/or business owners who can afford to send their kids to foreign schools and settle them in), but I'm sure some money sources were questionable as mentioned in the article.

  • andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 12,721
    I knew nothing of Vancouver's exotic car money schemes, but did notice and comment about the exotic and expensive cars I witnessed while visiting/vacationing there, and then was promptly educated here on Edmunds about Vancouver's reputations.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,389
    Saw a GV80 a few minutes ago. Looks pretty good, but does have some unusual trim designs.
    Had a large silver spear lower across both doors. Exhaust finishers were pentagon shaped, like an Acura front grille.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,056
    A friend just got this PHEV (picture from the showroom floor)

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860
    kyfdx said:

    A friend just got this PHEV (picture from the showroom floor)

    What classic is that sitting in a Toyota dealership?

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • texasestexases Member Posts: 9,749
    Wow, those Rav4 Primes are VERY hard to come by, just about 0 in stock anywhere. I'm considering it, but in no hurry, luckily.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,056
    texases said:

    Wow, those Rav4 Primes are VERY hard to come by, just about 0 in stock anywhere. I'm considering it, but in no hurry, luckily.

    The dealer told him it might be the first one delivered in KY. No idea if that's accurate.

    I don't know the other car..

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    My son just told me his friend (just moved back from Ireland) just bought a CX5 turbo. Carbon edition, whatever that is. Wanted to look at a CX 30 too, but none of those due in until end of the month and needed something now. Apparently there were some 5s available.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • texasestexases Member Posts: 9,749

    I’d pick the 5 over the 30, more room not much more $$.

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    Going by the badge and shape, I am pretty sure it's a 54 Plymouth Belvedere.
    qbrozen said:

    kyfdx said:

    A friend just got this PHEV (picture from the showroom floor)

    What classic is that sitting in a Toyota dealership?
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    Finally, Kia gets around to updating the pug-nosed Sportage with a much more modern model:

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    Pretty sure I saw a new style Civic on the road.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    I drove one, but can't honestly say I have seen another in the wild.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    New 4er coupe - goodbye Hofmeister kink, hello bucky beaver.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,389
    I've seen a lot of new Nissan Rogue's. They have always been pretty popular around here.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    people down the street from me have one. Nice looking rig.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 12,661
    They are a direct copy of the RAV4 IMO.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    I've been seeing a new Rogue at one of the neighbor's houses pretty regularly. Apparently a relative who visits. It's in a cement gray color, but with an abundance of bright trim it looks OK. I see enough of them around town to assume that Nissan must be one of the few manufacturers whose production has not ground to a halt.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    the one in my neighborhood is also that cement gray color. Looks good on it.

    saw another new design Tucson today in the brighter blue. Looks good in person. Much bigger than the older model too. Passes for a Santa Fe size wise.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,860

    I’m kind of partial to the new Sorento. I think they did mostly a good job with the design, save for that weird flair on the C pillar.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,056
    qbrozen said:

    I’m kind of partial to the new Sorento. I think they did mostly a good job with the design, save for that weird flair on the C pillar.

    The new Santa Fe looks like a mini Palisade. I think that will sell well, in addition to the Sorento.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,078
    From reddit, on a Veloster N, what a time we live in:

    image
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    can I get that on a $350 month lease with $500 DAS?

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,500
    I did see a Bronco lease on Rodo. Some first edition advanced model. Staggering $97K MSRP. I think it was about $1,200/month with $7K DAS. Not long ago, you got a Bentley or Maserati for that!

    They did have a few Santa Cruz listed. High but not out of line for other stuff these days. Mid 500's I think for a base motor SEL. Just surprised to see some listed already.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 5,526
    fintail said:

    From reddit, on a Veloster N, what a time we live in:

    image

    That's crazy. I hear of huge dealer markups on Hyundai Palisades and Kia Tellurides with some as much as $10-20k and they sell. Same with GM full size SUVs.

    We might start feeling a slight inventory pinch next month or two with Honda but we have not marked anything up over MSRP and aren't planning to.

    2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,762
    I wonder how the purchaser of that Veloster would feel when the engine goes boom.

    Sheer lunacy on that sticker.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,389
    Some unusual stuff has been, for our neighborhood has been driving up an down the street the last few days.
    Over the weekend, a black AMG G-Wagen, a gray Tesla model X, and just now a medium blue Bentayga.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Sign In or Register to comment.