Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    sda said:

Adam on Rare Classic Cars and Automotive History had a 4 part interview with Bob Lutz which I found very interesting and engaging. My wife listened to part 4 and was very interested, not

so much about the automotive perspective but from a business point of view. Especially in regards to killing creativity, morale and micro management. She surprised me with this for my birthday last Monday 5/9.

Loved his interview with Lutz…..very informative and entertaining.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

So my first assistant is having knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks; she's been told that she will be out for three weeks but I think that may be very optimistic. With the exception of the grand jury I'll be running the whole show until she gets back. Should be fun...

RB…not that you wouldn’t run a tight ship in the courtroom, but why did the first thing that came to mine was this…..?????

https://youtu.be/C6q37n7GDCY
    Finally had to go for my first fill up in the Accord Hybrid. Looks like I bought it at the exact right time, as there are no more available around me.

44.7 MPG-90% city driving-RUG gas (which is a change from PUG that I put in my TLX).

541 miles on this tankful.

Rides better, but doesn’t handle as well as the TLX. Much more comfortable than the TLX. Got the stereo dialed in to where it’s about 95% of the superb ELS system of the TLX. Runs silent (which I’m still getting used to). More room than the TLX, but that’s not a “thing” for me as there’s usually only two of us in the car. Typical of Honda/Acura products….high quality materials and build quality. MAtter of fact, build on the Accord is probably the best I’ve had in any car, including the TLX (which was excellent in its own right).
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    Saturday morning follies.

Went to the supermarket and at the check out the young girl was told by the register what the correct change amount was and she still couldn’t figure it out. She had to give me $.92 back and she got up to 85 cents and froze. She started counting out pennies and gave me the wrong amount. Tough to get good help these days.

Then as I was loading my groceries a Corvette with an exhaust that sounded like a bunch of garbage cans rolling down a hill went roaring by. He gunned it every 100 feet between parking lot stop signs. Guess he had a need for attention.

The best was on the drive home when I was at the light in the left turn only lane and had a dope in a Ford Focus cut over left from the go straight lane and almost hit me.

Almost ruined my enjoyment of having the convertible back on the road. :'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    looks nice OF.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

@driver100 said:
    I really like the Lincoln in the new Netflix Lincoln Lawyer series.

A 4 door convertible....how cool is that!

Isn't that the same model that Kennedy was in in Dallas?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

@graphicguy said:
    RB…not that you wouldn’t run a tight ship in the courtroom, but why did the first thing that came to mine was this…..?????

Because you're a guy and those guys were kings

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

@driver100 said:

I really like the Lincoln in the new Netflix Lincoln Lawyer series.

A 4 door convertible....how cool is that!

Isn't that the same model that Kennedy was in in Dallas?

Now that you mention it...yes it was. The Kennedy car was made from a stock 61 Lincoln, with additions, including a put it together real roof, that could be taken apart and stored in the trunk.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

So my first assistant is having knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks; she's been told that she will be out for three weeks but I think that may be very optimistic. With the exception of the grand jury I'll be running the whole show until she gets back. Should be fun...

Total knee replacement is a lot less invasive than it used to be. And as with all surgeries, a lot depends on just pure luck. When I had my total knee replacement back in 2008, everyone, the surgeon, the PTs, everyone said that I was on the very high end of the bell curve. I was walking comfortably in 2 weeks, with no pain meds.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited May 2022

I recently made a motion in one of my arson cases, and the defense attorney filed a response stating that my motion was outrageous and constituted harassment. I joked with one of my friends that I had never been accused of outrageous conduct before and he replied, "I think you were accused of that quite a few times when you were on the bench."
    B)

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    sda said:

Adam on Rare Classic Cars and Automotive History had a 4 part interview with Bob Lutz which I found very interesting and engaging. My wife listened to part 4 and was very interested, not

so much about the automotive perspective but from a business point of view. Especially in regards to killing creativity, morale and micro management. She surprised me with this for my birthday last Monday 5/9.

Lutz brought Jochen Neerpasch from Ford's European Touring Car racing team to become the first Managing Director of BMW Motorsport GmbH.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited May 2022
    All this drama over my having missed
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but @snakeweasel posted that 2 days ago.

You’re in the penalty box for the rest of today.

jmonroe
    Am not....I watched it 2 days ago and it was hilarious....my comment was to another posters comments after........try to keep up!
    ————————————————

I was posting that comment to @imidazol97. He understood that.

You’re the one who should keep up or maybe learn how to read who posts what and to whom. :/

jmonroe
    If you do the quote right, it should say who you were referring to...or quoting. No name attached!
    Still trying to twist things around. Funny how when you know how to read and comprehend there isn’t a problem. @imidazol97 didn’t have a problem understanding what I posted and I doubt anyone else in here did either.

I’m sure you’ll try to twist this post around too. That seems to be your best trait.

jmonroe
    @imidazol97 never twists things around! :p
    ———————————————

I should have known something like that was coming. :#

jmonroe
    I certainly feel that everyone has had a big contretemps over my mistake with this video.
    Maybe I'll never post again (not likely, LOL). I get embarrassed everytime I pass the spatulas and spoons held in our wire cage holder on the cooktop. I was going to post a picture of it, but I'm afraid I'd do that wrong too.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

@roadburner said:

I was out about 6 weeks just for meniscus surgery. So 3 weeks sounds insane. Maybe she can get one of those HoverRounds.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    Am not....I watched it 2 days ago and it was hilarious....my comment was to another posters comments after........try to keep up!
    ————————————————

You’re the one who should keep up or maybe learn how to read who posts what and to whom. :/

jmonroe
    If you do the quote right, it should say who you were referring to...or quoting. No name attached!
    Still trying to twist things around. Funny how when you know how to read and comprehend there isn’t a problem. @imidazol97 didn’t have a problem understanding what I posted and I doubt anyone else in here did either.

I’m sure you’ll try to twist this post around too. That seems to be your best trait.

jmonroe
    ———————————————

jmonroe
    I certainly feel that everyone has had a big contretemps over my mistake with this video.
    Maybe I'll never post again (not likely, LOL). I get embarrassed everytime I pass the spatulas and spoons held in our wire cage holder on the cooktop. I was going to post a picture of it, but I'm afraid I'd do that wrong too.
    The only one who has a problem is JMonroe who gets confused easily :D

All over my having overlooked one little, itsy bitsy post.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe

jmonroe
    ———————————————

jmonroe
    ———————————————-

It’s kinda slow in here today so go ahead. I’m sure our poster buddy can twist that around too. :/

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    jipster said:

@roadburner said:

I was out about 6 weeks just for meniscus surgery. So 3 weeks sounds insane. Maybe she can get one of those HoverRounds.

I was walking gingerly by three days after my meniscus surgery, and normally after two weeks (though nowhere near full strength).

You know lawyers don't do a lot, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@imidazol97 It is a pretty slow day, you might as well post a picture of the spatula collection.

edited May 2022
    I saw ads for the 2024 Chev Silverado....up to 400 miles on a charge. Looks good,

I still don't get how....if you run out of gas they bring you a container of electricity though. :s

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    driver100 said:

I saw ads for the 2024 Chev Silverado....up to 400 miles on a charge. Looks good,

I still don't get how....if you run out of gas they bring you a container of electricity though. :s

It really should have been called the e-Avalanche, as it has the mid-gate system that extends the bed into the space where the rear seats are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    edited May 2022
    Duplicate post, forum software acting like it has the colic.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

Unusually warm day here for this time of year so I thought I’d try my hand at a little yard work to see if I can handle it. Turns out I can’t, yet, but not in the way I figured. The heart seems to function well enough though not perfect of course. But my legs… oy vey! Two issues, a combo of a non-functional left knee and generalized muscle fatigue from them not being used much for the last couple of years. I think that can get a bit better though with time, and it was lovely to be able to accomplish a few things without help.

After accomplishing a few small chores I’m now sitting on my deck in my newly-cushioned patio chairs sipping a cool Rolling Rock, which is my favorite lawnmower beer. I find myself wishing that somebody would buy the brand back from AB-InBev, reinstate production back in Latrobe PA, and make a little piece of the world better.

I've got half of a 6-pack of Labatt's Blue in my garage refrigerator, and I'll likely crack one after I mow the lawns later this afternoon.

I always drank Blue whenever I visited Canada for business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

It really should have been called the e-Avalanche, as it has the mid-gate system that extends the bed into the space where the rear seats are.
    ...or a Chevy Ridgeline, since it looks like the Honda Ridgeline truck.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    edited May 2022
    I'm watching the Bruins/Hurricanes Game 7 live.
    On the screen the box that has the score and time left also had some additional info.
    Carolina wins series 4-3. :o
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,537
    edited May 2022

@ab348 said:
    Unusually warm day here for this time of year so I thought I’d try my hand at a little yard work to see if I can handle it. Turns out I can’t, yet, but not in the way I figured. The heart seems to function well enough though not perfect of course. But my legs… oy vey! Two issues, a combo of a non-functional left knee and generalized muscle fatigue from them not being used much for the last couple of years. I think that can get a bit better though with time, and it was lovely to be able to accomplish a few things without help.

After accomplishing a few small chores I’m now sitting on my deck in my newly-cushioned patio chairs sipping a cool Rolling Rock, which is my favorite lawnmower beer. I find myself wishing that somebody would buy the brand back from AB-InBev, reinstate production back in Latrobe PA, and make a little piece of the world better.

I don't think I've ever known more than a handful of people outside of this immediate area that are familiar with Rolling Rock :o

1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    driver100 said:

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

I thought Ridgelines could only be either gray or black.

pensfan83 said:

@ab348 said:

I don't think I've ever known more than a handful of people outside of this immediate area that are familiar with Rolling Rock :o

I've had Rolling Rock a time or two, here out West.

I like to vary my beer choices, when I'm at the store.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333

I don’t think I’ve had Rolling Rock since my last time at Peter’s Pub (RIP).

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    Might have been 40+ years ago, since I've had it. They distribute it, locally, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2022
    A bucket of Rocks used to be a thing.
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,537

Kentucky I could see but I honestly didn't think it made it out West let alone Canada. Guess that changed when they were bought out.

1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    pensfan83 said:

Kentucky I could see but I honestly didn't think it made it out West let alone Canada. Guess that changed when they were bought out.

I can’t remember how long it’s been available in Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934

A bucket of Rocks used to be a thing.

A bucket of Buds and peanuts was popular here, great refreshment and reward after work. I was in my 20s then…

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

I thought Ridgelines could only be either gray or black.
    Nope, as an example the 2020 model had 7 choices, a gray, a silver, black, maroon, pewter, white and GM Silverado Blue.
    https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/honda/ridgeline/?msclkid=bfc153501149108d21e231d034d4130f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - NonTM - Cars - Honda - Make/Model&utm_term=Honda Ridgeline Paint&utm_content=Honda Ridgeline Paint

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    And, speaking of Zaino... got the Atom Ant mobile washed last night. So, this morning I decided to pull out my at least 8-year-old Zaino Z6, having recently discovered it after four moves since '14. Lightly applied and buffed out, still adds a nice shine! I thought the shelf life was about two years, but I'm good with what it laid down today.
    I, once again, have the ability to wash my own car. Gotta measure, but I think I'm gonna need to buy a 50' + hose, due to driveway unfriendly location of closest spigot.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    edited May 2022
    Rolling Rock is available here in the Houston area. Not common, but at least one of the dance halls / juke joints / ice houses where I occasionally hang out does stock it.

On the 8 year old Zaino -- I've never heard of a shelf life for car polish / wax, but then there are a lot of things I've never heard of. I'm sure I have several bottles and tins of wax/polish out in the garage that are well over 8 years old.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    Rolling Rock used to be a niche/cult beer when it was brewed in Arnold Palmer’s hometown by the Latrobe Brewing Company. Distribution was spotty at best and the beer was better known for its slogan “Same as it ever was” than anything special about the beer itself. The brand was bought by Labatt in the ‘80s and then got swallowed up in the consolidations that took place in the ‘90s and ‘00s. The Latrobe brewery was sold off and now does contract brewing for lots of brands, but not RR.

This is a cool old commercial for RR.

https://youtu.be/2gjaVdVy4U0

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I recall drinking it for the first time when I was a student, around 25 years ago now, it is available in WA anyway.
    Michaell said:

pensfan83 said:

@ab348 said:

I've had Rolling Rock a time or two, here out West.

I like to vary my beer choices, when I'm at the store.

On the screen the box that has the score and time left also had some additional info.

Can't they both lose? :)
    @fintail
    That graphic turned out to be prescient.
    You can't be hoping for the Kraken. They didn't make the playoffs.

@fintail

Doesn't really matter what happens in the East; it's the year of the Avs!

Heck, our goalie got poked in the eye with a stick and they still swept the Predators.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I still follow the teams I followed 30 years ago - Detroit and Vancouver. Oops, no playoffs for them either.

My fingers are crossed for Edmonton (hope I didn't jinx it)

Can't they both lose? :)

@fintail

A bit of chatter out there about it being the 25th anniversary of the 97 playoffs - now that was hockey.
    Michaell said:

@fintail

Heck, our goalie got poked in the eye with a stick and they still swept the Predators.
    fintail said:

A bit of chatter out there about it being the 25th anniversary of the 97 playoffs - now that was hockey.

Michaell said:

@fintail

I remember watching that series - Uwe Krupp with the OT goal for the Stanley Cup!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited May 2022
    Back in the day(around 1970), I remember seeing a billboard in Boston.
    Jesus Saves and Espo scores on the rebound. :D
    He was looked down on for scoring on rebound shots.
    driver100 said:

You just wait for one of the Ford Diesels that the pro-battery folks don't like to come along and give you a charge!

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460

driver100 said:

You just wait for one of the Ford Diesels that the pro-battery folks don't like to come along and give you a charge!

————————————————
    OK but where’s the spatula collection?

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    Ford F150 EV looks pretty good too.

That was 96, 97 was much better :)
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

@fintail

I remember watching that series - Uwe Krupp with the OT goal for the Stanley Cup!
  • jwm40517jwm40517 Member Posts: 284
    Had meniscus surgery on left knee on Friday and bowled in my league on the next Wednesday over 20 years ago.