Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381

Prices, new and used have me spooked. Got the A7 just before the levee broke (and the rebates faded, the tax credit became byzantine, msrp was still just a number to be brushed aside...)!

So, anyone have thoughts on the eternal convertible debate; soft vs. hard top? Any tales of woe for either, beyond the obvious for each?

I love a convertible and a fun car with some character. For me, at this point in life, the Jeep fits that bill very well. The hardtop is very awkward though and its no sports car (duh!).

I think you know the trade offs of noise, space used in trunk when the top is down, security or lack of etc. The origami style hardtops can be pretty pricy if something goes wrong. But even pumps, seals etc can go bad on a soft top depending on age and environment.

Probably should answer the DD or fair weather fun car question first and then play out the pros and cons for each style top.

Worth noting that the new 4 series have reverted back to soft tops.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    I've taken Friday off, perhaps I will test drive as I aforementioned.
    TT is new, so warranty. And, comes with go-flats and a donut in the trunk! Estoril 4 is CPO, so also warranty; run flats of course. BMW did stick with the hardtops for a while, especially the 3-4 series. So, I'd think it's a sold design and execution.
    If a hardtop, I'd prefer a two piece, the three piece is probably exponentially more likely to have an issue. I'm a generally rational person, but for some reason, I just have this image of my soft-top being slashed the first time I leave it unattended.
    A mind is a terrible thing.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Speaking of, a nearby BMW dealership has a new listing for a 2019 M240i convertible in mineral gray over oyster leather. It's a new listing without any pictures or even a price, but I check every day, 'cause that sounds like a great color combo.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

And I love this M240i...sunset orange, well equipped, and a manual.

But priced high...maybe by the time I go out to visit my son in the Chicago area in a couple weeks the price will have come down!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/12edfc7f-9b68-4c15-b0f1-3d5017c424d8/

breld said:

Speaking of, a nearby BMW dealership has a new listing for a 2019 M240i convertible in mineral gray over oyster leather. It's a new listing without any pictures or even a price, but I check every day, 'cause that sounds like a great color combo.

That would be a looker…

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    edited August 2022
    andres3 said:

Took a few days off this week for a staycation and recharge. Spent some of the time shopping cars; mainly Macan's.

Figure the Macan S is the sweet spot.

Audi of San Diego has a $60K '18 Macan Turbo in blue which I'd like, but probably more than I want to spend. I was too honest with the dealership and he's like "we don't like having miles added to our used cars" so he was against me test driving it. I admitted at $60K I could get a similar Macan S model instead with much less miles (their Turbo had 45K and just out of warranty) and CPO 2 year unlimited mile coverage at similar price point. Getting a Porsche just out of warranty might not be that risky, but feels risky to me after recent used car debacles.

What says the peanut galley about the 3.6 Twin Turbo Porsche used in '18 on the Macan Turbo?

How about the 3.0 V6 vs. the newer 2.9 V6? I ended up test driving at the neighboring Porsche of San Diego a new '22 Macan S in Racing Green (fave color) that stickered for $99K.

I found the new uprated 375 HP to still be lacking in the big heavy SUV. Most of that 375 HP lies in the 5,500 to 7k RPM range. Wind it up, and you really take off near the red line with dual clutch fast shifts. Drive moderately where it shifts below 4K RPM and it's still underwhelming. I think the fabulous 3.0 Supercharger combo has spoiled me with tons of HP and Torque at all RPM's. Heck, I might like the older 3.0 V6 with 30 less HP due to more evenly distributed power.

Loved the cooled seats. Loved the nice interior, quietness, and adaptive suspension. Even had a SUV suspension lowering/rasing feature to make it feel more planted and wagon-like. You could tell the difference on the fly between the settings (3 for firmness, 2 for ride height). Had 21" wheels which are $$$. So did the Turbo '18 though. Ride was shockingly compliant in soft mode though; felt "Lexus-like."

Overall I think SUV's might not be for me; still didn't feel confident with the size, weight, and heft tossing it around; though it handled what I through at it really well; I was a bit hesitant with $99K of metal on the line.

Verdict: Undecided - I might like that Turbo model; but risk is much higher without warranty.

When you start talking about $99k vehicles my eyes glaze over.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I've taken Friday off, perhaps I will test drive as I aforementioned.
    TT is new, so warranty. And, comes with go-flats and a donut in the trunk! Estoril 4 is CPO, so also warranty; run flats of course. BMW did stick with the hardtops for a while, especially the 3-4 series. So, I'd think it's a sold design and execution.
    If a hardtop, I'd prefer a two piece, the three piece is probably exponentially more likely to have an issue. I'm a generally rational person, but for some reason, I just have this image of my soft-top being slashed the first time I leave it unattended.
    A mind is a terrible thing.

You’ve got to know your use case. If you park in primarily an urban environment with street parking and parking garages, it should be a consideration.

Out in the ‘burbs I leave the freedom panels off the Jeep all the time and would leave the top down on BMW’s even with power tops. Going into Atlanta? Well, I try to just not go. 25 shootings in a weekend will do that for you.

nyccarguy said:

corvette said:

I don’t think he should have to pay over MSRP on an ordered car. Maybe try calling around. Has he considered the new Sequoia?

I started calling around. Seems the going rate is between $5k & $7K over sticker. There is a broker on LH in NY that will order one at sticker plus a $500 broker fee. He will probably go that route.
    Has he considered how upside down he’ll be if prices suddenly return to normal? Sooner or later they’re bound to.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

nyccarguy said:

corvette said:

I don’t think he should have to pay over MSRP on an ordered car. Maybe try calling around. Has he considered the new Sequoia?

I started calling around. Seems the going rate is between $5k & $7K over sticker. There is a broker on LH in NY that will order one at sticker plus a $500 broker fee. He will probably go that route.
    Has he considered how upside down he’ll be if prices suddenly return to normal? Sooner or later they’re bound to.
    Does it matter? He drives them to around 100K, each time, which takes fewer years than the average driver.

I don't think depreciation is high on his list of concerns.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

nyccarguy said:

corvette said:

We keep telling ourselves that, but is it really true? And if it does happen, which it likely will, how long before that happens? Most of us didn't think the present insanity could or would last as long as it already has.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica

For most of the summer, I've been jonesing for a vert; midlife crisis 2. I went and tried on a new Audi TT for size, dealer said they'd sell at msrp. Could be year round with quattro. But, for the $, surprisingly missing a couple of things I'd like, most notably memory seats and a heated wheel. But, heated seats and airscarf; Gray/black/brown, nice color combo.

2019 certified BMW 4 xdrive on the cape (Estoril...mmm...), 2015 Miata PRHT in RI or an RF (holy high prices, Batman!), 2015 Boxster in CT... Torn between simplicity of soft top and (perceived?) security and better year-roundability of hard top...

Was even going to inquire with new snowbird neighbor about her garage while she's in FL for the winter presumably with her red Lexus CT200h with FL plates (and the wife said I hope you're kidding, you're not going to really ask her about that! Why, yes, yes I am).

But, I think the Marge Simpson noise of disapproval from the wife has worn me down (you have a beautiful car! True, the A7 continues to grows on me daily; open the sunroof and roll down all the windows, that's close, right?), the desire seems to have faded. I was going to take a day off this week and do some road tripping to test drive the TT and the 4, maybe the Miata. But, now I'm not sure.

Apologies on being an embarrassment on this board.

You could do what I do when my desire to have a toy outweigh practically, buy a hooptie. The main thing with a convertible is that the top goes up and down not that it has a ton of electronics or that it handles like an Indy car. You can pick up a nice weekend cruiser for under $10k.

henryn said:

nyccarguy said:

corvette said:

We keep telling ourselves that, but is it really true? And if it does happen, which it likely will, how long before that happens? Most of us didn't think the present insanity could or would last as long as it already has.
    I guess I’m a worst case scenario kind of guy but Mitchell is probably right. Over the course of 100k miles what does it matter?

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    @oldfarmer50,
    This is CCBA, some people only keep their vehicles for 1000 miles. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    I wonder how many punches by this group were gone before their first oil change? Probably quite a few when you include the ones just purchased to flip.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    If that
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    stickguy said:

I wonder how many punches by this group were gone before their first oil change?

Counting EVs, at least four of them for me.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

well, I think we can eliminate EVs. change them to first tire rotation!

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited August 2022
    breld said:

@graphicguy - nice on the Z deposit. I'm simply on a list at a local dealership - no assurance on pricing and certainly not on timing. I'd be happy to put a deposit down in exchange for MSRP pricing.

@qbrozen's question is a good and valid one. The Z took last place in C&D's recent comparison against the M240i, Supra and Mach 1. I've only watched/read a few other reviews, but it doesn't seem Nissan set a new benchmark with the Z. I think the chassis is largely unchanged from the previous one. And while BMW's 382 hp in the B58 seems to be underrated, Nissan's 400 horses appear the opposite.

But I think a lot of the criticism, as mild as it may be, speaks to the vehicles when driven to their limits. Given the way I drive, I imagine the Z would be quite thrilling. Assuming you can get to MSRP at some point, the $51k price tag for a well equipped Performance model is very attractive...heck, the same 400 hp V6 in the Sport model for $10k less seems like a steal.

And if I'm 100% honest, the styling is a real draw for me...especially those taillights. Overall, I prefer the cleaner lines of the Z over the Supra.

@breld. It’s more of an emotional draw for me. Always liked Zs. Some of their iterations really stretched the definition of sports car, and for quite a few years, it was nothing more than a boulevard cruiser, at best.

I’m sure there are competitors out there that are better, but for ~$45K, it’s an attractive package.

We’ll see if the dealership can….

A). Sell it to me for the agreed MSRP
    B). Get it to me in any sort of reasonable time frame
    C). Even let me know when mine hits their lot without selling it from under me

At some point they’ll be available to buy. So, not too worried.
    qbrozen said:

Q…did not take it as a criticism. I owned a (Datsun) 260Z as one of the cars I went through after I graduated from college. It was a rusty rattle trap that had seen better days when it came into my possession. It was the red headed step child of the Z lineage. But, I absolutely loved that car.

Have made several runs at Z cars since then. Never pulled the trigger. Thinking this may be the last chance I get to do so.

So far, all I’ve read are the reviews, which seem to be all positive. I like the way it looks (at least on the internet). Drivetrain seems solid and proven. Clearly would be a toy for me.

I had my 350z, a 300z, and a stang GT. I liked my 350 the best overall. But, still, I can't get past the price on this 400.
    Q….at $55K (which is what the top model goes for), I get your hesitancy. At that price, there are some very attractive alternatives. But, the Sport model, which I ordered, is well below that. Still get the drivetrain that’s in the higher models, and that’s all I care about.

Almost bought the 350Z when it first came out 18 years ago. I remember you and I debating it then. I ended up buying the RX8 instead, which came out at the same time. Fun car. But, it had it’s well documented foibles at the time. Still, came out of my brief ownership of it unscathed.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262

I’m digging Hoovie’s new Ferrari 599 GTB. You don’t see many exotics painted that purple-ish burgundy color.

The yellow Supra that is available locally is tempting, but the $59k MSRP is a bit steep. Have I mentioned how I should have kept my 2020 that I paid $47.5k for? The extra 47 hp they added in 2021 comes at a high cost!

That dealer already has a 2023 A91 edition with a manual allocated to them, but it's spoken for, and at a premium over MSRP.

The Nissan Z...I think I'd pull the trigger on that if/when one becomes available to me at MSRP.

And at about $32k, getting into a GR86 would be a pretty easy decision.

Having said all that, I had my ZHP in the shop earlier this week for a couple issues and I was told the mechanic and several customers were drooling over it. That's a much more economical fun car!

I know it's anyone's guess on when the car market returns to any semblance of normalcy (whatever that looks like), but to whatever extent it does, I've gotta think the "luxury" items like a 2 seater sports car will be hit the soonest and hardest.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

The Colorado contingent has all agreed that this is drool-worthy.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/98MDowGd/2019-volvo-v60-t6-awd-momentum

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977

I thought the VW Eos offered the best of two worlds. Hardtop convertible with an electric moonroof when the top is closed. Too bad its no longer available new. I do understand if the roof malfunctions it is a bear and expensive to repair..if you can find someone competent to do so.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

sda said:

I thought the VW Eos offered the best of two worlds. Hardtop convertible with an electric moonroof when the top is closed. Too bad its no longer available new. I do understand if the roof malfunctions it is a bear and expensive to repair..if you can find someone competent to do so.

The lady that used to cut my hair had one. She loved it but the horror stories she told were enough to put me off. Hers were AC and top related. She dumped it for a Lexus convertible.

It's been cool enough in the mornings to have the windows open ... I love love love the sound of the exhaust of my neighbor's McLaren as he drives down the street.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    Thanks, all good points re: the convertible. I would garage it, likely the A7 would live the winter in the great outdoors. It would be used for local jaunts likely, possibly road trips if I can convince her to cut way down on her travel shoes allocation! And, it would go nowhere near a city, unless rapidly driving through on highway to get to the hinterlands (e.g. Southeast Expressway, which is a huge misnomer, through Boston).

I would like it to offer a smidgen of (relatively) light weight tossability as I miss that in the calm, cool and collected, yet a bit leviathan, A7. While I spent the first 26 years of my driving life rowing my own boat, that is no longer requisite.

Not sure if I'm hooptie-able, I'd like as much of a set it and forget it experience as possible (and, in my youth, I did change my own oil and at least once replaced plugs. And, have put on a spare or two in my time). But, I'm old, fat and lazy now.

And, dagnabit, practical and frugal. Hence I talk the talk, but only occasionally walk the dog.

I'll update, I have taken the day tomorrow. Debating test drives or going, for the first time, to one of the beaches in the hood here. That's why we moved to a seaside town, right?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935

Q….at $55K (which is what the top model goes for), I get your hesitancy. At that price, there are some very attractive alternatives. But, the Sport model, which I ordered, is well below that. Still get the drivetrain that’s in the higher models, and that’s all I care about.

Not the full drivetrain. LSD is missing. That's a huge deal, IMHO. And if going with starter model, both the Mustang GT and Camaro LT1/1SS undercut the Z's starting price. I can't help but keep coming back to that point. The performance/$ just isn't there like it used to be with the Z.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Michaell said:

It's been cool enough in the mornings to have the windows open ... I love love love the sound of the exhaust of my neighbor's McLaren as he drives down the street.

I'd have my windows open but all I hear are the sweet sounds of new home construction.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907

@breld said:

Very nice, but lots of dings and wear for 18K. It is also strangely equipped. They basically took all the option packages to make an Inscription out of a Momentum… but you don’t get the better seats, rear AC controls, etc.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Gorgeous Volvo.

@breld said:
    I'd have my windows open but all I hear are the sweet sounds of new home construction.

At home we virtually never open the windows. Down the shore we love to, only thing is my wife can hear an ant fart and sometimes the noise from the boats coming out of the harbor to the bay wake her up. It’s a shame because the cool breeze off the water is awesome.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262

I’m not feeling the Volvo. At that age and mileage, it should have had the paint and the wheel scuff professionally touched up before being put on the site, but that does seem to follow the trend of dealers, who seem not to be doing any cosmetic reconditioning in this market. I’m also not wild about the color.

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    breld said:

I didn't see a ballot :/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    dad23 said:

breld said:

Evidently, you're the wrong kind of Coloradan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

@breld said:
    I know it's anyone's guess on when the car market returns to any semblance of normalcy (whatever that looks like), but to whatever extent it does, I've gotta think the "luxury" items like a 2 seater sports car will be hit the soonest and hardest.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Hey now…

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

tjc78 said:

@breld said:

Very nice, but lots of dings and wear for 18K. It is also strangely equipped. They basically took all the option packages to make an Inscription out of a Momentum… but you don’t get the better seats, rear AC controls, etc.

Well, "better seats" is up for debate. :)

@breld said:
    Well, "better seats" is up for debate. :)

I knew I’d get flack for that comment. The Inscription seats are more comfortable with the padded thigh extensions IMO. I know you’d lose the plaid which is why I’m guessing the car was ordered like it was.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    I saw this comparison of the Honda HR-V and Toyota Corolla Cross pop up and thought it might be a useful thing for prospective buyers like @Sandman6472 until I read it. It's so cursory and subjective that it is virtually useless. Edmunds usually does a much better job than this.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/small-suv-comparison-honda-hr-v-beats-toyota-corolla-cross.html

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

kyfdx said:

dad23 said:

breld said:

All good, I'm obviously not a major contributor, but I try to stop by pretty much every day :) There's a wealth of knowledge here (not just about cars) and plenty of entertainment! Don't mind me just sitting here in the back taking it all in.
    dad23 said:

kyfdx said:

dad23 said:

breld said:

All good, I'm obviously not a major contributor, but I try to stop by pretty much every day :) There's a wealth of knowledge here (not just about cars) and plenty of entertainment! Don't mind me just sitting here in the back taking it all in.
    Check your phone...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

dad23 said:

kyfdx said:

dad23 said:

breld said:

Check your phone...
    LOL, I was seriously kidding B)
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    I do like to open the windows in my house, but no one in their right mind would do that in August in Texas.

I do look forward, very much, to the first real cool front in the fall so that I can open the windows and air out the house. And that is still a long ways off!
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited August 2022

andres3 said:

Took a few days off this week for a staycation and recharge. Spent some of the time shopping cars; mainly Macan's.

Figure the Macan S is the sweet spot.

Audi of San Diego has a $60K '18 Macan Turbo in blue which I'd like, but probably more than I want to spend. I was too honest with the dealership and he's like "we don't like having miles added to our used cars" so he was against me test driving it. I admitted at $60K I could get a similar Macan S model instead with much less miles (their Turbo had 45K and just out of warranty) and CPO 2 year unlimited mile coverage at similar price point. Getting a Porsche just out of warranty might not be that risky, but feels risky to me after recent used car debacles.

What says the peanut galley about the 3.6 Twin Turbo Porsche used in '18 on the Macan Turbo?

How about the 3.0 V6 vs. the newer 2.9 V6? I ended up test driving at the neighboring Porsche of San Diego a new '22 Macan S in Racing Green (fave color) that stickered for $99K.

I found the new uprated 375 HP to still be lacking in the big heavy SUV. Most of that 375 HP lies in the 5,500 to 7k RPM range. Wind it up, and you really take off near the red line with dual clutch fast shifts. Drive moderately where it shifts below 4K RPM and it's still underwhelming. I think the fabulous 3.0 Supercharger combo has spoiled me with tons of HP and Torque at all RPM's. Heck, I might like the older 3.0 V6 with 30 less HP due to more evenly distributed power.

Loved the cooled seats. Loved the nice interior, quietness, and adaptive suspension. Even had a SUV suspension lowering/rasing feature to make it feel more planted and wagon-like. You could tell the difference on the fly between the settings (3 for firmness, 2 for ride height). Had 21" wheels which are $$$. So did the Turbo '18 though. Ride was shockingly compliant in soft mode though; felt "Lexus-like."

Overall I think SUV's might not be for me; still didn't feel confident with the size, weight, and heft tossing it around; though it handled what I through at it really well; I was a bit hesitant with $99K of metal on the line.

Verdict: Undecided - I might like that Turbo model; but risk is much higher without warranty.

When you start talking about $99k vehicles my eyes glaze over.
    That only happened because they had just that moment "sold" the used '20 Macan S I went there to test drive, and he brought up colors, and I mentioned I like colors, particularly the beautiful racing GREEN Macan S sitting out in front. He decided that was the one I should test drive and it was $99K sticker.

Does $60K make your eyes glaze over?

With Porsche, it's very easy to inflate the sticker price with options. Pretty much everything is an option on a Porsche, even things you might find standard on a $25K car.

For $99K I'd have expected more than a Macan S, but then again, look at what costs $30K these days.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,790
    stickguy said:

I feel like a piker with my measly 1 on order (Maverick Hybrid). though that is almost 10 months old now, with no end in sight! If I had not already gotten the ecoboost I would have bailed a long time ago and bought something else.

Naw; you're fine! I have nothing on order, and I haven't purchased anything in over 18 months. :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,544
    corvette said:

I’m not feeling the Volvo. At that age and mileage, it should have had the paint and the wheel scuff professionally touched up before being put on the site, but that does seem to follow the trend of dealers, who seem not to be doing any cosmetic reconditioning in this market. I’m also not wild about the color.

————————————————
    What? You don’t like “Old Man’s Gray? :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    henryn said:

nyccarguy said:

corvette said:

I think that "return to normal" will be lower than the peak, but nothing close to what we saw three years ago.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Well, I have about 6,000 miles on the Q7 now since the repair, and all seems well thus far. I'm going to change the oil again before I head back north, and probably change it again when I get there depending on the results of the UOA.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497

@xwesx said:
    I think that "return to normal" will be lower than the peak, but nothing close to what we saw three years ago.

Sadly, the art of the deal may be gone either indefinitely or forever.

henryn said:

I do like to open the windows in my house, but no one in their right mind would do that in August in Texas.

I do look forward, very much, to the first real cool front in the fall so that I can open the windows and air out the house. And that is still a long ways off!

————————————————
    The weather here in the Burgh has been quite cool for the last several days. The overnight low was in the 50’s. I don’t think the AC has kicked on even once today. The temp outside is barely 80. Somebody screwed up that’s for sure.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    xwesx said:

stickguy said:

I feel like a piker with my measly 1 on order (Maverick Hybrid). though that is almost 10 months old now, with no end in sight! If I had not already gotten the ecoboost I would have bailed a long time ago and bought something else.

Naw; you're fine! I have nothing on order, and I haven't purchased anything in over 18 months. :(
    ————————————————
    And because of that your membership in here is teetering. For that matter mine could be too but they can’t afford to lose me. B)

jmonroe