Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Zaino Car Care Experiences

Comments

• taisontaison Member Posts: 71
    I just finished putting on the first coat of Z5 after the whole Dawn, clay, wash, Z1, and Z2 process on my 1994 Black Mustang. Now, since the first day I got my Mustang, it has never had a detailing job. No wax was ever put on it until today, almost exactly 6 years later and the things looks brand new. All the swirl marks I used to see are now gone. The finish looks amazing. I'll have to take pictures of it this weekend.

This is the second car I've Zaino'd. My first was my Mercedes which I've already posted a picture of. Now I will do my mother's Mercedes. That thing is almost 15 years old. We will see how well Zaino works on that. I'm actually kind of excited to try since the results were so good on the black Mustang.
  • solara1solara1 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone use car dusters? I live in the atlanta area and in the spring everything gets covered with pollen .....hourly. I got a car duster that lifts the dust off without scratching. it is amazing. it has eliminated many washes a week that i used to do. I still wash once or twice a week and with 8 coats of zaino it always looks AMAZING!!!

99' toyota solara SLE V6 Flame red metallic
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    solara1-

I have had a California Car Duster since at least 1990. It's great for dust. I have not noticed any ill effects to my finish. I have never washed it. It still has that "school custodian" wax smell to it. I have to order a new handle for it. Glad you reminded me.

fastdriver
  • pblevinepblevine Member Posts: 858
    Yes, it was Chris Parrish who introduced me (and many others) to Zaino. We should all thank him. Does anyone have a link to his website or his current board?

'Just sent off my re-order of Zaino. I'll try the Zaino ClayBar this time (have been using Erazer).
  • cyclerklmcyclerklm Member Posts: 26
    This is where Chris Parrish hangs out now. Look for the "Showcar and Detailing" forum.

LS1 Forums
    I just put my 3rd coat of Z2 on my new Mazda MPV. It's metallic silver. It's really shiny, but how many coats will it take before it looks really liquid?

I know I can't expect high drama with a silver car. Stil I'm curious... how many coats have you other silver drivers used? How are the results?
  • racer_x_9racer_x_9 Member Posts: 91
    Chris took on a new job and is not nearly as active in the forum as he used to be. I too first learned of Zaino from Chris and am deeply thankful.

Been using Zaino since 98. For those who are still skeptical:

* Zaino is EXTREMELY easy to put on
    * Zaino is EXTREMELY easy to take off
    * Zaino last a long, long time.
    * Sal will readily (like same day email) answer
    any question you have about his products.
    * Have you ever seen a single post that said
    "I used Zaino and it wasn't that good"?

I did my wife's daily driver with 3 coats last fall. It went through a whole Chicago winter of salt/snow driving. Washed it off a few weeks ago with Z7 for the first time and the water was still beading like only a Zainoed car can!!

Her car was 4 yrs old when it first got Zainoed but the results were still dramatic. My car has been Zainoed from day one and is still as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Old or new car, you can't go wrong with Zaino. It may cost a few bucks more than store waxes, but if you spend $20,000+ on a new car why not spend another $100 to keep it sharp for years to come.
    racer x 9-

"* Have you ever seen a single post that said
    "I used Zaino and it wasn't that good"?"

YES! From the one who drove Chris from this site with his out of date car care information.

I guess it was Chris Parrish who introduced me to Zaino also. He was as good as Sal about answering questions ASAP! He is indeed at the LS1 forum mentioned above, but is not as active there as he used to be because of a career change.

fastdriver
  • sallygeeesallygeee Member Posts: 7
    Thanks to fastdriver's great advice, I also use a California Duster. I purchased it from www.autobarn.com.

By the way fastdriver, we have a couple of things in common. I drive a gorgeous Twilight Blue Solara SLE, which I've read is the object of your desire. I am also originally from Stamford CT. Went to school in New Haven.
  • newwestdnewwestd Member Posts: 157
    sallygee -

I have been using a duster for years. it is imnportant that when you use it, hold most of the weight off your car so only the yarn strands wipe your car. This prevents the weight of the duster from possibly rubbing any abrasive particles into your paint. If the dust doesn't come off with just the strands, it is probably dangerous to rub it further.

It is also important to use it daily, so dirt does not get a chance to build up and get nasty.

My Pearly White Solara with 4 layers of Z loves it!
  • sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    ..that my wife would not let me sleep in the garage!!

I must say, the shine is excellent, and it is so easy to apply and take off.

This was my first time and I am impressed!!!

Nothing I have ever used comes even close to this product!

I took short cuts and still have great results. I did not remove the old wax (washed with car wash and not dawn) and I did not clay (too afraid I may put marks on the surface). Did the Z1(once), Z2 (twice) to my '00 Silver I30 and wife's 96 black Accord. The shine and clarity can't be described in words except maybe...
    oooooooBABY!!

STEVE

ps also did the Z leather treatment to the cars. I came out so good, I did the leather sofas in the den! (wife thinks I have lost it!)
    sallygeee-

Hey neighbor! Don't you miss this Constitution State with the highest gas tax in the nation and state income tax and high property taxes??? LOL... Actually, the object of my desire is a Jag convertible in red. It's always nice to dream! I'd take an SLE coupe or convertible as a second choice. Time will tell in 15 months when this 300M lease is UP! I use my California Duster all the time. I've had it since 1990! I have never washed it. It still has that "school custodian" wax smell! As a matter of fact, I have to order a new plastic handle as this one snapped. This will be my third handle since 1990. Wish they made it out of wood.

sascuderi-

IMAGINE what the car would look like if you did it the RIGHT way!! ;-)))

Wait until your wife sees you Z-6ing the TV screen and the computer monitor!! Works great there too! Haven't tried it yet on the house windows where the rain hits the most or even the shower tiles!! LOL.......

fastdriver
    With the results I am seeing , I won't say I did it the wrong way, just not the optimal way. It shows you what a fantastic product it is, even with the short cuts I used the results are still excellent, better than anything else i have used!
  • kstang2kstang2 Member Posts: 15
    Was wondering if the leather treatment was good too. Will be having leather in my new Mustang Vert & was wondering what's the best thing. Will be ordering my first Zainos next week. So Zaino and the car will get here together. LOL
  • newwestdnewwestd Member Posts: 157
    I have not yet tried the Z for leather, but Lexol seems to be right at the top (rub it in with your hands twice a year)with a little Lemon Pledge in between. Also use the Pledge on everything inside the car - plastic, vinyl, wood, chrome, leather, etc. It really works well and easy and smells good.
    kstang2-

Make sure you tell the dealer NOT to wash AND detail your car when it comes in! This is where many of the scratches and swirls come from. It will make things much easier for you in the long run.

Also, not much has been mentioned lately about towels. Get white, 100%, MADE IN THE USA towels by Canon or Fieldcrest etc. WASH them first with liquid detergent- NO fabric softener in the washer OR the dryer. Some people cut off the edges because they can scratch the car. I never have because they will start to unravel when they are washed. I'm just careful to keep the towel folded the right way so that the edges don't come in contact with the car. If they do, C'est la vie. I'm not going to keep the car PERFECT for the next guy!

Did I forget anything?

fastdriver
  • pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    I used the Z9 and Z10 and I am very impressed with both of them. I applied the Z10 like newwestd suggested...with my fingers. I dunno, it just feels like it gets a better treatment that way. Just wipe gently with a towel and your done. Smells great, too. It (Z10) also works quite well on the dash as well
    I used the Z10 leather on my new I30 and it did a great job. Made the Black Leather alittle darker and richer, but did NOT make it overly shine and slippery, which you don't want. I would guess if you use it a few times a year it will protect the leather and keep it new looking. I think it has UV Blocker in it. So yes, I would use it on your new Mustang.

And as fastdriver said, DON'T let the dealer or any machine in the future touch the cars finish!!

ps. Z'ed my cars Fri, yesterday was a sunnny and 70, and woke up this moring and it is 29, snowing , with 3inches already on the ground here in southern NJ! Looks like Jan outside!
    Yeh... I've read about not having the dealer wash the car. I've got to call him and make sure they don't. I also don't want their licence plate frame or decals on it! Woke up to snow this morning too!!
  • lanie1lanie1 Member Posts: 19
    Could someone please explain the purpose of the Z6 and when & how often you use it other than when applying Z2/Z5? :)
    lanie1-

The Z-6 is a gloss enhancer and should be used everytime you have used the Z-2/Z-5.

This is from Sal's site-

"Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray should be used between every coat of Z-5 or Z-2. It is an extremely high, optical enhancing product and dramatically increases light refraction and reflection. The results will knock your socks off! All Show Car Polish products are molecular crosslinking and are 100% compatible with each other.

NOTE: For any future swirls or scratches you may get, just reapply Z-5 to the affected area or
    the whole car if you prefer. Z-5 can be used right over Z-2. They are completely compatible and interchangeable. For the highest optical paint enhancement always follow up Z-5 with a coat of Z-2. One eight ounce bottle of Z-5 Polish will yield approximately eight to ten coats on a mid-size car.

Z-6 ULTRA CLEAN "GLOSS ENHANCER" SPRAY Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is a very important addition to the Show Car Polish line-up. This
    product dramatically boosts and intensifies all Show Car Polishes. Z-6 contains seven optical
    clarifiers and our unique wet gloss enhancers to increase the "wet-looking", mile-deep Show Car Polish shine. We highly recommend it for fast cleaning of dust, water spots and light soil from painted surfaces, without scratching. Forms a tough molecular bond with Show Car Polish
    to increase the depth of gloss, optical clarity, slickness, durability and reinforce the UV(40)
    protection. Super anti-static formula reduces dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. Z-6 will not
    streak, smear, haze, dull or leave a film. A must for quick touch-ups and the show winning edge. Concentrated 16 oz. spray. Less than one ounce does an average car."

Hope this helps.

fastdriver
  • lynne29lynne29 Member Posts: 46
    I hear you all state not to go to the auto car wash, but doesn't the underneath side of the car need some type of rinsing, esp. after the "south Jersey" salted roads get done? Any advise?

Thanks,
    Minivan-mom-who-wants-the-show-car-look
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Member Posts: 956
    Please save me from reading back two gazillion posts. I recall some fine information on how to keep the tires looking new without being shiny and recommendations on what to use.

Could that information please be reposted for those of us whose memories are severely challenged?

Take care.
    Joe W.
    Just talked to my dealer and my car might be here in two weeks. I told him I didn't want them to wash or wax it and he was very offended. He insisted that it not be driven home dirty. I don't care... Would a simple wash be OK? (No wax)
    Or should I insist on my wants!?
    Of course you should insist on your wants. What's it to him? You have to live with it every day and you shouldn't have any regrets. He will forget about the washed car the minute your check clears.
  • brentskicbrentskic Member Posts: 15
    Yes, I agree that you should get what you want for your money, but there are other things to consider when determining whether to have the dealer detail the car.

I ordered a new LS recently from a dealer 2 hours away from my home. I think the dealer detailed the car originally, but it had gotten dirty with Arizona dust in the couple of days before I arrived to pick it up. It was terribly disappointing to arrive at the dealer and find the car dirty; and unfortunately, it added additional stress to an already tense situation by making it more difficult to inspect the car.

I went around the car again and again to determine if there were any blemishes/scratches/dings. I did eventually find a few minor problems which the dealer willingly agreed to fix, but it would have been so much easier and comforting to inspect a detailed car. AND my experience would have been so much more satisfying if I had driven off the lot with my new car looking like a million bucks.

Contrary to the general distrust expressed in this forum, I do not think the dealer damaged my new car with paint swirls etc. In fact, they were very cooperative in fixing the minor problems.

Dealerships are not all bad and incompetent. After all, they sale cars for a living. Some must care and understand detailing.

Since the purchase, I've eagerly read this forum and others. While I don't agree with or really understand the degree of zealousness for a particular product, the forum's experts have much great advice/tips/information/enthusiasm to offer us new car detailers.

I've tried Zaino and I'm reasonably pleased with it, especially for it's ease of application vs. old waxes. I admittedly made a few minor mistakes while applying it; but I unexpectedly enjoyed completing the whole Dawn/Clay/Dawn/Z1/Z2 process, maybe just to understand detailing if for no other reason. Mostly, I like knowing that I've done my best to protect my new car's paint.

I say have the dealer wash the car at the very least. Enjoy driving off the lot with your sparkling new car. Have fun driving, washing and caring for that new car in the future.
    Thanks. You made me feel better about driving home all clean & new!! I'm not that fanatical but I just want this car to be Special! BTW do any of you know how the GT is applied to the fenders of the new Mustangs. I know it's sort of odd but I really want the Ponys there and not the GT. Maybe this isn't the right place to ask that question.
    Thanks again
    K
  • peterskmpeterskm Member Posts: 79
    Yeah...tell me about it. My wife ordered a 2000 GT convertible back in September and we were really bummed that they went back to the GT emblems after using the cool ponys for the 35th anniversary. I don't think it is easy to replace these without doing some body work. If you do the switch, let me know how it turns out.

Kevin
    Scores:
    * Zaino: A+
    * Me: D

I'll explain. The simple story is that Zaino lasted all winter without a single washing, protected my car's finish, and still has that great shine after a single washing. My procedures, however, leave room for improvement.

On a bet from a skeptic (here at the office), I didn't touch my car's finish since Thankgiving (Nov. '99). It's a '98 Accord Coupe EX V6 in dark Emerald Green. I live in NYC and often travel up to the family in the Bershires (MA.). This winter has been harsh on cars. Winter storms left lots of road salts, and I commonly travel on rough dirt/mud roads. The car was, at several points, full of road salts, mud, brake dust, and all manner of nasty stuff.

As a side comment, most of "that nasty stuff" just slides off my car due to Z's anti-static properties. Again, I've driven it hard through all sorts of junk, gotten mud all over, and within a few dry days, the car would start to look better without any human intervention. No Joke. Even at its worst, I could always see something of a shine below my self imposed layer of dirt.

After I washed the car this weekend (an imperfect job - see later comments), the dirt was removed easier than I thought possible, and the Zaino shine was still there. Well, it lost a little of the gloss effect (I'd estimate a 15% loss), but still looks very good. That's a whole lot better than I've ever gotten from any wax product.

My score reflects my lazy methods. I was out shopping with my wife (a lot of chores had to be done over the weekend) when I noticed this "Hand Wash" Car Wash. I went over and asked the manager if I could wash my own car and just have him rinse it. "Sure". He allowed me to fill my buckget with water (plus Z7) and wash my car. Then I put it in line for the rinse. As my car moved down his establishment's line, I noticed the "Flitered Recycled Water - It's the Law" sign. Oh No! Too Late!

Worse, this little automatic spray turned on to spray their soap on my car! Ok, Ok, but at least no brushes. Right? Wrong! These "things" came out to 'clean' my tires! "Stop" No, No. Too late.

And then these 'thugs with [towels]' came out to dry my car. "Stop!" Too late, they had already done my hood and trunk. But they stopped. I moved my car off their line and took out one of my own towels. One of these guy volunteered to lend me his towel: "Hey man, why get that really clean towel dirty". "Go away!"

After a fit of dispare, I pulled into the parking lot where my wife was shopping and examined the results. A kid getting out of a car that had just pulled into the next slot yelled: "Dad, look at that great shine". And 'Dad' said: "Wow, what kind of wax do you use?" "Zaino, its a polymer."
    "Where do you get it?" "GO AWAY!"

The tires now have these little scratch marks, and my hood was full of swirls. I applied Z6 and that did reduce the swirls by about 40%. My wife returned and asked why I looked so low. She couldn't see any swirl marks. "Look at it through the Sun's reflection." "Oh those little microscopic interferance patterns? Give me a break!" Maybe she's right. But I think its time for Z5.

The bottom line is that Zaino DID a great job even if I didn't. And people are still admiring my 'beautiful car'. Moral: Zaino has more endurance than I do!
  • notmnotm Member Posts: 22
    I feel for you. I just read about your challenge some 50 posts back and was curious how it would turn out and I was able to find out today.

My dilemma is similar. I don't live in THE CITY, but a city (SF). I do not have a hose, garage or driveway. I am destined to have to go to a Drive- in stall car washe ( sprayer only ) But of course with RECYCLED water. In fact today I just purchased a lid for my 10 gallon bucket. I hope to bring some water from my apartment to the car wash with Z7. But of course I need to test that lid cause I have no idea how to get 10 gallons of water out of a accord coupe without a wet dry vac ( yeah, I am without one of those too). Last week I tried spraying Z7 from a spray bottle and then rinsing it off. But the recycled water is the killer (cloudy water marks). So, as I am writing this I just came up with an idea: driving back home and refilling the bucket with clear water and using a damp cotton towel to remove the "bad water" before applying Z6.

Wish me luck.

All suggestions welcome. Well almost all.

Norton

p.s.
    So all you suburbanites, rejoice with your pure water and clean driveways-you are fortunate. Though I have great Thai food within walking distance. See the universe is balanced.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    THE HORROR OF IT ALL...OH, THE INHUMANITY!!!

You actually got within 100 ft. of a drive through car wash? Shame on you!

LMAO!

I've actually gotton into a groove with washing/Z2/Z6 my car. When it gets dirty and it's raining or snowing, I don't worry terribly about the finish anymore (mainly because I've now been able to get a couple of coats of Z2 down). I'd say that since the weather has gotten warmer, I'm washing/Z6ing every couple of weeks and putting another coat of z on every month...not becuase it needs it, but because I'm still adding to the shine.

Great info on your experiment. I don't think that I would be able to go from Thanksgiving 'till now to at least rinse my car off, though.

Good luck on the Z5.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    How can you tell if you get it clean?
    pblevine-

I'm with graphicguy. I don't think I could have gone that long either without washing the car. Did you have ANY doubts that the Zaino would hold up?? LOL....... I wish I was there with a video camera. We could have made some money from America's Funniest Home Video!! Let me know for NEXT winter! ;-))

notm-

WOW! No driveway, no garage, no hose AND recycled water! Ah..... but SF! If I lived there, I think I could survive without the above. I don't think I'd do well though lugging 10 gallons of water with me to the car wash! Aren't there ANY wand type car washes there? I have a choice here in CT. The wand type has several settings- wash, rinse, wax, plus a few more that I never used. As far as I know, there is NO recycled water. If there is, there's no sign stating that. In addition, if it causes a film on the car, I don't get that. The other car wash is the one at the CITGO gas station where the machine cleans the undercarriage as well as the car by soaping it twice, rinsing it 3 times and then blow drying it with these hurricane like fans! Again, I have NO clue if the water is recycled. If it is, no film at this car wash either.

I never really stopped to think how different everyone's situation is. All the MORE reason to put on a few more coats of Z-2/Z-6 so that nothing sticks to the car.

Speaking of ZAINO, just a reminder- a little more than a week left for the Zaino group purchase. If you need info on the deal, just click on my name above and e-mail me for the details. Spring has not arrived in CT yet, but my Z supplies are ready whenever it does get here! ;-))

fastdriver
  • wareware Member Posts: 28
    A good way to do wash the undercarriage is to use a lawn sprinkler and drag it under the car a few times.

FYI - I Z'ed my car in October with 2 full coats of Z2, plus a third coat just on the front and top. It survived the winter in great shape. It didn't seem to fade at all. I just added another coat of Z2 for the spring. The car just sparkles!

I use 3M's tire dressing on my tires for a black, new look which is not glossy. While it looks very natural, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to last very long.

I haven't tried Z's leather conditioner yet, because I am extremely happy with Leatherique cleaner which you can use frequently (no shine or mess - just wipe on and off). I also like their rejuvinator oil which you use a couple times a year for deep penetration. The oil is a bit messy to use, but it really softens and restores the leather.

Mike
    Somewhere above, a tire finish that made the tires look new, and actually seemed to last, was mentioned. I can't find the post: anyone remember?

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • luck11luck11 Member Posts: 425
    I guess you will not know if it is absolutely clean unless you crawl under there and check. I don't do that BTW.

The best you can is to kneel down and reach under the car slightly with the wand and spray the entire undercarraige. If you spend a couple of minutes on an undercarraige with a high pressure wash, chances are you will get most of the stuff off. The key is to spray into those places where salt and dirt can collect, ie. in the fenders and bumber behind the rear wheels, above the gas tank and in the wheel wells. For example, in the wheel wells, I try to get the dirt that usually collects on the lip of the fender. I spray the entire well until the water runs clear. Same trick for other areas...spray until the water running off that part of the vehicle is clear.

A tip: do the undercarriage first, then move to exterior of vehicle including wheel wells. Often you'll kit dirt out on the exterior of the vehicle when cleaning the undercarraige.

Recycled water....most places have extensive filters to clean the water so its not as bad as my comments may have come across. My concern is that in areas where lots of salt is used, especially in winter months, its unlikely that all the salt is removed. However, lets be clear....better to wash with recycled water than not at all!!!!!
  • pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Joe W. - I remember that too, but I don't know where it was. There is a separate Tire Cleaners topic here, but it doesn't have a whole lot of information.

I have seen (somewhere) folks highly recommend the Zaino tire cleaner as long lasting and not shiny, but I have never used it myself.

Do you know how to use the "Search" button at the bottom of the page? It's pretty cool, although slow. Go to whatever topic you want to look through, then click on the button at the bottom of the page (don't anyone confuse this with the Topic Search window on the left of the page, they are entirely different).

A new window will open and you'll then have several choices - what you can do is Search Responses in Current Topic containing "tire" or whatever key word you want to look for. A list of post numbers will be returned to you. (Hint - after the list appears, I use the right click on the post number to open it in a separate window so I don't lose my list of post numbers.)

I'd check this topic, its predecessors and also the two "no Zaino" topics. But be patient waiting for the post number list, especially if it is a large topic!

Good luck!

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
    Video? Ha, you didn't want to be near me on that day! Well, maybe for 'America's Worst'. No more drive through car washes for me! I'll be OK as I am very frequently in CT and MA and some of my friends from work have also volunteered to let me use their driveways. Provided I help them with their auto problems. I'll make them Zaino converts too.

re: Underbody washing: I've done that once a year by just spraying with a garden hose. Any additional hints would be welcome.

re: Leather Treatments: I've found the Zaino Leather In A Bottle to be very good. Easy to use and effective too.

re: Tire Gloss: I just bought Zaino's Tire Gloss (Z18?) for my tires and rubber door stripping. I'll try it soon and report back.

And I'll NEVER let my car go an entire winter without wahing again! Period.
  • pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    Your neighbors are thanking you! :)
  • sallygeeesallygeee Member Posts: 7
    Here in Florida, some apartment and condo complexes have a water hose and area where tenants can wash their car. Maybe you can sneak in and check it out. Good luck!
    Keep an eye out for those kids raising money by washing cars - for the price of a donation, maybe they'll let you do your own in their line!!!
  • groth1groth1 Member Posts: 2
    I can't agree enough that you should not permit the dealer to do more than wash your new car on delivery -especially if it is a dark color. I took delivery of a dealer "detailed" Black Mercedes 430 4MATIC two months ago. The finish initially looked ok but not what you would expect for a car of this caliber - small scratches and swirls everywhere. After two months of noticing more and more of the finish imperfections and the shine dulling, I was apoplectic. The dealer who has been great in all other respects offered to redo the car but I decided to give Zaino a try. Last weekend I did the Dawn thing, got a coat of Z1, Z5 and Z6 on the car before the snow. The car is truly gorgeous with the finish smooth and shiny. Some light swirls and scratches remain which I hope to take out with another application or two of Z5 as soon as the weather permits. I wonder why dealers don't use Zaino. Can't be the cost or the application time.
    pblevine-

America thanks you!!! LOL..............

fastdriver
  • prewitt1prewitt1 Member Posts: 6
    I am a "sorta" Zaino user. Bought all the stuff for use on several vehicles but have not had time to do the job correctly. BUT-- I have a new 2000 Suburban I plan to Zaino properly but decided to try Z2 on the wheelwells to make mud removal easier. We drive a horse barn road several times a week and often get into muddy areas. Applied Z1/Z2 to plastic and coated metal areas of wheelwells--looks great and mud comes off much easier. Hit it with good water pressure and evrything slides right off. Wife is convinced I'm nuts, but nothing new there. Look forward to doing bodywork on a nice weekend. Also planning to sell a 10yr old Bimmer and hope Zaino look will help get my price.
  • dbs2001dbs2001 Member Posts: 46
    I've been lurking in this topic for awhile. Thanks to you ZZs (Zaino Zealots) I've taken the plunge and ordered my Zaino which should arrive next week. I also happened by Kmart last night and found some Martha Stewart white bath towels on sale at 4.97 which I bought. They are 100% cotton Made in the USA as suggested. Anybody know anything about these particular towels? One reason I really liked them is they don't have the ribbing 3 - 6 inches from the top & bottom.
    dbs2001-

Hey! If they're good enough for Martha, they should be good enough for our cars!! LOL..... Although, I just heard on our news that Westport, CT is NOW not good enough for her! Guess she's leaving us!

Make sure you wash them in liquid detergent before using them. NO fabric softener in the wash or the dryer!

fastdriver
    another ZZ
  • dbs2001dbs2001 Member Posts: 46
    I had planned doing that. As I've read thru many of the tips you veterans have given, I've cut and pasted them into a Word Document (along with Sal's wise tips)!
    I owe you again. I'm not sure why I never realized that the search option at the bottom of the topics could be used to search in an individual topic, but I'd missed the point till now.

I am going to wait to try it out until I get to work where I have a T1 connection, though.

Sorry about the lack of fireworks in this, I pretty much shot my wad with the last proclamation, but think of me as owing you a cyberbrew or webtea or whatever. Hey: on topic -- next round of Zaino's on me!

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Hey Joe W., no problem! I think that's why they keep me around (can't be for my car repair skills, that's for sure!). Anyway, I'm having your earlier proclamation framed for that new office KarenS promised me - hmm, haven't seen her since, come to think of it, wonder when she's going to send me the directions and the keys....

I don't think your T1 connection will help the WE server search the posts faster, but I don't blame you. You may find a point where it says "xx Responses Found" and you think that's the end of it, but just wait (and wait) - a list of posts will eventually show up.

I'm kind of surprised there seem to be so few current opinions on this issue. If you find and try something you like, let us know here or in one of the other appropriate topics hereabouts.

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    I ordered zaino for myself to try it out.

Worked on our '97 saab 900 se turbo. Did the whole process: wash, clay, wash, z-1 then z2,z5,z2,z5 followed by z6. Other half of the hood: one layer of meguiar's cleaner wax. After 2 days I got several people ( including my incredibly picky wife ) to look at the hood and try to see if they could tell the difference, and, if so, which was better. NOT ONE was able to tell the difference between the two halves of the hood. To make sure, I tried a similar test on my saturn size-by-side with the meguair's 3-step and nu-finish. After a week, both of these products looked good, while the zaino looked not-much-better than the rest of the paint, certianly not as good as the other two.

I think zaino survives by word of mouth, getting people to clay and put on many layers, etc, and the products are, if anything, sub-par. I will try to get a refund on my purchase.

dave