Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Zaino Car Care Experiences

bnormannbnormann Member Posts: 335
Welcome to the new topic devoted especially to all
the wonderful Zaino car car stories !!

FYI, here are some links to earlier discussions:

Waxes and Polishes

Waxes and Polishes, Part II

Waxes and Polishes, Part III

What's the best wax & polish?

What's the best wax & polish? - Part 2

Your host, Bruce

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    bnormann-

Thanks for all the past links for this topic. This is really PART VI of the wax/polish topic.

I'm sure there will be many more parts to come as long as Sal keeps providing us with these great products.

Can I ask- have you tried ZAINO? ;-))

fastdriver
  • newwestdnewwestd Member Posts: 157
    Do your neighbors ask about what you use on you car to make it glow like that, or do they think you are a kook for spending so much time on your car? My neighborhood is mostly the latter, I'm afraid.
    newwestd-

As a matter of fact, there were several neighbors walking by on Sunday when I was outside that I haven't seen all winter! They did inquire about what I was using. They couldn't believe the shine. IF they think I'm a kook, they never said anything. Besides, I don't spend a lot of time keeping that shine. A quick wash and a quick coat of Z-2/Z-6 is all it takes.

fastdriver
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    We have our own conference! I'm certain that if someone wanted to post about what we used before Zaino (or any wax that we've had experience with), we wouldn't mind!

Personally, over the course of years, I've used:

-Simonize
    -Different renditions of Turtle Wax
    -MOther's Gold
    -Different Meguiars formulations (including Gold Class and their multistep Glaze and wax)
    -Collonite
    -Zymol (some real expensive versions and some less expensive...like the one Turtle Wax makes that you find at WalMart)
    -Eagle One Wet
    -Nu Finish
    -Liquid Glass
    -3M glaze and wax
    -Klasse
    -P21

I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few. I used to have a whole wall of my garage filled with partially used cans/bottles of the above. I pitched all of them after finding Zaino last year. The only thing on one shelf now is:

-Z1 polish Lock
    -Z2 Polish (for clear coats)
    -Z5 Polish for swirls
    -Z6 Gloss Enhancer
    -Z7 Car Wash
    -Z9 Leather Cleaner
    -Z10 Leather conditioner
    -Meguiars endurance tire dressing (I'll switch to Zaino's tire dressing when the Meguiars runs out
    -Clay Magic "clay bar" (again, I'll switch to Zaino's clay when the clay magic wears out).
    -various cotton towels and applicators

The above are the best products I've ever used for shine and durability.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • luck11luck11 Member Posts: 425
    I searched and searched for cotton wash mit as suggested in an early post and found a sponge with a 100% cotton exterior. Actually it has twisted strands of cotton, similar to a mop. They are made in Canada and presume it is 100% cotton. However, I also found a 100% sheepskin wool washmitt. It is 100%...the leather is on the inside to prove it. Because I live in snow country, the car gets quite dirty with salt and sand and other road grime, so I want to ensure I use something that won't scratch and works well with my Zaino. Any views on cotton vs. wool?
  • pblevinepblevine Member Posts: 858
    That photo wasn't a car. If you look closely, it didn't have an engine, and thus, it was pulled by a horse. Using powerful photo analysis, we've determined that it was built in 1896 and was junked in 1903 due to owner frustration with the finish. Seems he used whale oil instead of wax. And you can see the results. See all them water spots? Could have been avoided! After all, that thing has at least another 100K miles in it.
  • lanie1lanie1 Member Posts: 19
    The Z Package came today! Will let you know how the car (it's new) and me (I'm basically lazy) do!
  • SergeichSergeich Member Posts: 54
    I also got a package today - a big box from Griot's garage. My family thinks I am nuts.
    There is no limit of perfection, no matter how good your vehicle looks it always leaves you wishing for better.

Pblevine, I also noticed water spots. Looks like owner didn't use 100% Cotton Made in USA towel to dry the finish.
  • tpmiller1tpmiller1 Member Posts: 165
  • ronf4ronf4 Member Posts: 9
    This is my first post on this forum; however, I've been following you guys for months. Yes, you converted me and I was convinced Zaino was the miracle product. So, with my new, 2000 black, SS Monte Carlo on order, I slowly gathered all the Zaino products and 100% cotton towels I would need to provide my new toy with the best treatment available.

This Tuesday, my new car arrived and while it looked great, the paint wasn't exactly smooth and had some smudges, so Wednesday morning, taking a day off, I set out to give it the Zaino works.

The Dawn wash, the claying the Z-1, Z-2 and Z-6 and I was done in about 5-6 hours. The only problem I encountered was the Z-2 was a little difficult coming off. Reason...I probably put on a little too much and secondly, didn't wait long enough before removing it. Eventually I got it off and after applying the Z-6, it is absolutely AWESOME. You guys haven't exaggerated one bit and I couldn't be more happy with the Zaino Shine! Even the car was smiling! ;)

Now for the rest of the story... All shined up and wanting to show it off, I headed for town to get my new license tag. I hadn't gone 3 miles when a @#$%*& dump truck with the rear gate loose and dropping all kinds of dirt and rocks flies past me going about 70 mph and Yep, you guessed it, WHAM.. a rock hits my windshield dead center and a foot long crack appears! ARRRGH! I am livid and then sick over it. Talk about bursting your bubble! I do feel a little better about it today than I did yesterday. Only 50 total miles on my car and now it is going in for repair, this is unbelievable Geez.. I thought Zaino would have protected me from this kinda stuff!
    Ron
  • SergeichSergeich Member Posts: 54
    That's a boomer that Zaino can't protect against windshield cracks... Get the original replacement. Aftermarket glass often inferior.

Talking about glass. I am going to use glass polish for the first time. Any tips? Do I need to wash glass after removing polish before applying RainX kind of product (I am going to try the STP version).
  • rs_pettyrs_petty Member Posts: 423
    Bet the driver of that truck was named rusty and there was probably a 2 on his door. I know exactly how you feel. :(
  • mknightmknight Member Posts: 57
    fastdriver,

Have you seen the new Chrysler commercial? It start with several females holding up a sign saying "Car Wash: $5.00" who see a 300M coming and quickly cross out "$5.00" and write below it "free". This is followed by some shots of them splashing the 300M with water, scrubbing, et cetera, before they finally end the commercial with a whole parking lot full of Chryslers being washed. I think all the cars were the Champagne Pearl Coat in color.

It made me think of you!

--Mike
    Well, I applied Zaino late yesterday to my 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon. Dawn, Clay, Z1, Z5.

1. Clay, found it relatively easy to use, but my arm was a bit sore at the end. Did notice a bit of difference, but now blow me away difference. Likely due to the fact that I'm pretty good about maitaining my car (2 coats of Meguiars Gold Class since early Jan and the paint was quite smooth to begin with.)

2. Z7 Wash: Washed vehicle. Man o man! The z-7 alone, with no wax on the car made the water bead and sheet off! It even made the car feel like it had a coat of wax! I was impressed.

3. I used the tip of dampening Zaino applicator with a bit a water and a spritz of Z6. Worked well increase the spreadability of the products.

4. Z1: Went on with a snap, although, even on my Winestone colour, it was hard to notice where I had done once it dried. Luckily, I followed a methodilogical pattern which allowed me to track my progress.

5. Z5: Also went on easily enough over top the Z1. I had a hard time getting rid of a smearing effect, even though the Z5 dried in my heated garage for 2 hours.

Results? It did not remove the very few light scratches and scuff marks on my paint. I do have very few and know where they are located, and don't see a noticeable improvement after the Z5.
    Shine is quite noticeable as is the "wet appearance". Honestly though, I'm not sure I can say it is much better than when I apply a fresh coat of Meguiars Gold Class Its hard to say without a side by side comparison, and I have yet to apply a coat or two of Z2. So I'll hold further comments until this weekend when I plan to get Z2 on the vehicle.

Just more thing...I think the real test will be in durability. Although the Meguiars did an amazing job of giving the wet appearance and shine, it really did not last that long. After a couple of washes, it loses its deep shine.
    mknight-

LOL...... I know EXACTLY what commercial you're talking about! I just saw it last night! WHY did it remind you of me?? Because my car is always clean?? LOL....

I don't know about where you live, but in CT, the Chrysler ads on TV are beginning to outnumber the Toyota ads!! That's going some.

luck11-

It takes SEVERAL coats of Z-5, over time, to remove the scratches/swirls. I cannot understand WHY I do NOT have to wait hours for the Z stuff to dry on my car?? I just did Z-1/Z-5/Z-6 to my 300M last Sunday. It was 35 outside in the sun when I started and went up to around 40 when I finished. I did the Z-1 because I've only done it twice before in the 16 months since I started using ZAINO on my 21 month old car. I did wait a little longer this time for everything to dry, but that's because I was putting one coat on top of another. It was only a matter of maybe 10-15 minutes, not hours. I know you're not alone, but I have never encountered this.

Even on my Candy Apple Red, it's hard to see where you put the Z. You cannot be distracted while you're doing this or you lose your place! LOL....

I, too, was a regular user of Meguiars products previous to the ZAINO. The wet-look shine was not the same with the Meguiars. The difference will come in the durability and longevity of the shine. The initial process is time consuming, but now that you did that, the upkeep is NOTHING!!! Just wait until you have a few more coats of Z-5 and Z-2 on it. I think you'll be very pleased.

fastdriver
    Forgot about the multiple coats of z5. About the drying/smearing...can't understand it either. Did the finger test and it sure seemed dry. I wonder, could brand new towels cause the problem? Have people on this board washed their towels before first use? I used the Cannon 100% cotton, but wonder if the cotton contains some sort of fabric softener to fluff them up so they look good on the shelf. Yes, I know...I'm really grasping at straws.

Anyway, I'll post my results after z2. By the way, can I wash my Zaino applicator in hot water and detergent as suggested for the towels?
  • retiredjeffretiredjeff Member Posts: 33
    Yes, new towels contain sizing. You may notice that funky smell when you walk into one of those discount stores that sell nothing buy linens & towels, that's the sizing - some folks, like my first wife, are slightly allergic to it. Her eyes would start to turn red & water as soon as we'd walk in the door. Yes, you should wash them before using them, but I can't say for sure that that would prevent your problem.

Jeff
    luck11-

retiredjeff is right- you should have washed the towels first. I don't know if this would have helped the smearing either. Maybe you should have backed your car outside into the fresh air for a while to help the drying process. It could be that the heated garage had some moisture in it that caused the ZAINO to smear because it wasn't really dry. The other thought, I think you mentioned it, is that you used too much ZAINO when you applied it. It does NOT take much to get the job done. I know that when I used to use regular waxes/polishes I was used to applying it heavy. Not so with ZAINO.

As for the ZAINO applicator- DON'T put it in the washing machine! It is sewn with cotton threads and not nylon threads to prevent scratching. Thus, it is not as strong. Wash it in the sink with hot water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Just keep rinsing and squeezing it out. Let it air dry. You should do this right after you're done with the applicator so as to clean it BEFORE the ZAINO dries. It may be stained, but that does not hinder its use.

You'll get the hang of this as you go on. Like I said before, wait until you see how easy it is to keep that wet look shine.

fastdriver
    Thanks for the tips. Perhaps moisture in the garage was a problem, and I should know better from the condensation I get on my garage windows during winter. Towels may be the other culprit. They are washed now, and I'll be putting on z2 today. My wife threw the pad in the washing machine!! It came out ok though, but in the future, I will hand wash as suggestd.

I don't think I applied too much product, but I guess it is possible. I am used to, even with other products, putting very thing coats to facilitate removal. Also, the prep of the applicator (water and z6) made very little go a long way. In fact, I used very little z1 and z5, and sometimes, I thought I was spreading too thin.

Oh well, we'll see how the z2 goes today, with a second coat tomorrow.
  • pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    If it's a nice day, put the Zaino on outdoors. I've put in on in temps as low as 35, but it was a clear day, and I applied it in the sun. In every case it has been dry in just over 1 hour. That's something else I really like about Zaino - applying it in direct sunlight is no problem. And the "garages" they are putting in houses today are so small, there is very little room to work on the car. Also, applying it outdoors makes it a little easier to see where you've been.
    As I said in a previous post, my Z2 smeared and I was applying it in shade with the temp around 72. I waited about an hour which obviously wasn't long enough. I really think the main reason for smearing is humidity. Here in Mississippi the weather is warm, but the humidity remains high. The higher the humidity, the longer it will take to get thoroughly dry. Mine felt dry to the touch, but smeared pretty bad on the sides which really showed up on black paint. I then waited another hour and was able to buff out the smearing at that point. Then with the addition of Z6, the entire car was like glass! Now the problem is not wanting to drive it and get it dirty! :)

Ron
    Yep, the humidity reall affects the Z2 drying time. I've tried applying Z2 at the end of the day, and wiping it off early the next day. Works for me. And don't worry about getting it dirty. You'll now notice that most dust and dirt don't stick and/or is very easy to remove. And even when you car IS dirty (as in very dirty), you can still see the Zaino shine. I'm in the NE and haven't washed my car all winter (this is a Zaino duration test), and amazing, it still looks good.

Luck11: The best method I've found for keeping those applicators clean has been to quickly hand wash them in Tide liquid using warm (but not too hot) water.

tpmiller: I've never used Rainmagic but have heard that it has a good reputation. I've used Zaino Z6 on my windshield (after really cleaning it with Zaino Glass Polish and Windex) with similiar results. Z6 is magic!
  • retiredjeffretiredjeff Member Posts: 33
    I expect to get my box of Z this week, so I look forward to some work next weekend. My question is this: after dawn-clay-dawn, I apply Z1 then Z2. After that I can apply more Z2 or Z6. My question is this: it's getting to pollen season here in DC, and in 1 hour of sitting, you'll get a light yellow coat of pollen on your car. Does this pollen get stuck up in the Z if the Z is sitting wet on the car? Or does the pollen become a problem in any other way while applying Z? If so, what solutions have you guys used to Z your cars during the pollen season? I'm concerned that the pollen will totally hose up the optics/shine of Z.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • xwrayxwray Member Posts: 60
    I'm sure many of you have had and may have solved
    the same problem I am currently wrestling with.
    After spending time detailing your car, along comes a cat who jumps up on the hood or trunk and
    decides to roost there. Their claws may be
    retracted but the dirt on their paws can still
    damage the finish. Short of shooting them (even
    giving that serious consideration), what do y'all
    do to keep them away. I bought an ultrasonic pest
    repeller that seemed to work pretty good for about
    a week but it appears that they get used to it. Is
    there a repellant that works? What about something
    like ammonia in a can or something? Anything? (I originally asked this question in the "other" body care forum but nobody came forth with a good answer. I'm hoping you Zainites are more in touch with this problem ...shucks, I'm turning into a Zainite myself!)
  • sallygeeesallygeee Member Posts: 7
    I've heard just spraying a cat with water should do the trick. Be consistent every time you see the cat and it will learn to stay away.
    xwray-

I've never had this problem, but hopefully, with enough Z-6 on your car, the cat will slide right off!

fastdriver
    It's pollen season here in MS too, in fact it doesn't take long to have a yellow coating after a short spell of sitting outside. It shows up even more so on my black finish. This morning, I had to wash it before applying the second application of Z-2 and Z6. After getting all the pollen washed off, I applied the Z2 and this time let it sit in the sun for over 3 hours. I know the pollen had gotten on it, but I just buffed out the Z2 as if it wasn't there and the outcome was fantastic. Before I finished the entire car, the pollen had begun to settle on it once more, so as I applied the Z6, I first wiped the pollen off that section with one of the 100% cotton towels and it left no marks whatsoever. Obviously the pollen is ultra fine and non-abrasive, at least to the Zaino. So, pollen or no pollen..the final outcome of the second Zaino application is terrific, I can't see how it could possibly get any shinier or deeper with additional coats. But I will try!
    Ron
    COMPLAINT
    I have an official complaint about Zaino Wax! My lady says it is so slick and shiny that it is hard to grip the door handle!

Pollen
    I had the same problem during the last Z session - I used a "car duster" to dust off the pollen while I was applying the Z - no problem!
    ronf4-

"I can't see how it could possibly get any shinier or deeper with additional coats."

Just apply a few more coats of Z-2/Z-6 and you'll see for yourself.

fastdriver
  • pcleveland2pcleveland2 Member Posts: 516
    Finally had a day to Zaino my Focus ZX3. Can't believe it! The shine is fantistic. Really notice it going down the road and looking in mirror and seeing the taillights of cars going the other way in my finish.

Pressure washed it first and then washed it with Dawn to get old wax off. Wasn't much on it anyway. Then clayed it. It wasn't bad at all. the Ford Mexican Plant must be really clean as all the clay took off was a bit of tar. Then Zaino Washed her and took her for a ride to dry off and finished off with a chamis cloth. Z-1ed her and then Z-2ed her followed up by the Z-6 gloss enhancer. Didn't bother with the Z-5 as she is still fairly new and didn't have many swirl marks or scratches. Only time for one coat of Z-2 today.

Man, I can't wait to get the second coat on her, but it looks like it will be at least till next week cause weather doesn't look good for this week.

My ZX3 has got the nicest Ford "Malibu Blue Clear Coat Metallic" Finish in this part of the state for sure! Sal should provide a little sticker that says "Protected by Zaino". But I'm afraid it wouldn't stick. I don't know if my magnetic mount CB antenna is going to stay on its so slippery.

Pat
    I put a coat of Z2 this weekend, following claying and z5 earlier in the week. Lets just say that afterwards, I felt extremely generous....my father is now the official owner of all my Meguiars products!!!!

What really amazed me was wetting the car to prep for washing....I've never had a wax(Meguiars or Mothers) that could bead water like that!!!

Washed with Z7, then proceeded to apply the z6 in prep for the z2. Wow! The z6 made a heck of a difference in the feel of the surface and shine. I found it easy to apply and did approx 3sq ft at a time as directed. Used very little...seems to go a long way.

Applied the z2 and wow!!!!! The car looks and feels amazing. The shine is truly deep and wet as described by all of you. Unfortunately, I only managed to get one coat of z2, but will try to get another this weekend. I plan to do my alloy wheels as well, which are currently in storage for the winter. Application is extremely easy!! The z2 went on and came off with very little effort. Its true that once you go through the initial process, maintenance is a piece of cake.

Drying of Z was not a problem this go round. I did it in my garage again, but this time with the door open. It was a nice sunny day. I think the humidity in the closed garage was part of the problem and perhaps the new, unwashed towels also contributed to my smearing problem. I would not leave my car outside to dry. Dust from roads etc would certainly settle on the surface, at least where I live, acting like sand paper when I wipe the surface. I always wash my car outside, then move it into my garage for drying and wax.

Anyway, time will tell how long the Zaino shine lasts. So far, I am extremely happy. If it lasts as long as many of you claim, then I will be estatic!!

Thanks to all for the great tips and advice.
  • lanie1lanie1 Member Posts: 19
    Yesterday I did the whole Dawn, clay, Z7 wash,Z1, Z2 procedure; put car in the garage over night; this a.m. got up to wipe off and Z6 before leaving for work.

The entire process took about 4 hours total (but I was paranoid and washed with Dawn twice, dried with towels several times to make sure there were no water spots, etc.). Claying was the hardest part for me because I had never done it or seen it done and it initially left "eraser" scuff marks on the finish despite spritzing with Z7 and water.

While finishing up this a.m., I was thinking the car looked nice but wondering if it was really worth going through this entire procedure when my husband (who has been an interested observer of the internet research, decision to order, excited receipt of package, paranoid application, and miraculous willingness to get up an hour early to do the "wipe off" routine)came out to check my progress before he got ready for work. He pointed out that he could read the small writing on his T-shirt off the side of the car! Then I realized my entire car looked like a mirror. . .a very high quality mirror!

The second coat of Z2 goes on tomorrow if it is not raining.

I'll let you know how it goes!

P.S. Thanks to all of you for the good tips re: application, (i.e. using the Z6 on the applicator, super thin application, allowing Z1 & Z2 to dry overnight, etc.)
    I've had problems with both. Pollen seems to blow aways easily. But that damn tree sap requires claying the car again. So, if you can help it, don't park under trees during the early spring.
  • kourykoury Member Posts: 225
    You mention that you first applied a coat of Z5, then followed up with Z2. Did the Z2 really bring out that much more of a shine than the Z5? I've only put the Z5 on (not ready for Z2 - need to get the swirls out first).

What color is your car?
    luck11-

Glad everything worked out for you. Like I said, the initial process is sort of time consuming, but once that's done, the rest is a piece of cake.

lanie1-

Get out those ray-bans! LOL......

koury-

You can alternate between the Z-5 and the Z-2. You don't have to keep using only the Z-5 until the swirls/scratches are gone.

fastdriver
  • kourykoury Member Posts: 225
    fastdriver - thanks for the tip. So is there any advantage to put a coat of Z2 down now (I've only applied one coat of Z5) knowing that I will need at least another one or two coats of Z5 to get rid of the swirls? Seems to me I should just apply the Z5, then finish up with a final coat of Z2. What I was really wondering was if the final coat of Z2 shines that much better than the Z5.
    I noticed a significant improvement on the depth quality of the finish after applying the z6 first, then the z2. When I look closely at the paint, I could swear that it has 20 coats of clear...that's what I mean by depth. Mine is a metallic winestone colour (burgandy-maroon). The metal flakes in the paint also seem to sparkle more than before.

Perhaps you will obtain same effect by applying a second coat of z5, although, the z2 is supposed to have better optical clarity. As mentioned by others in previous posts, the more you put on, the more the finish seems to shine and have that "wet" appearance. In my case, perhaps the improvement in shine/depth was more a result of multiple coats of Zaino in general rather than the use z2 vs z5.

I guess the only way to know is to try. Suggest you try another coat of z5, since you need to get the swirls out, and see what happens. If you get your swirls out, try z2 and let us know if you see a difference.

Good luck.
    I used the Z5 first to reduce swirl mark, then the Z2. The car looked great with Z5/Z6, but the Z2 (with Z6 afer) gives that super clear, mirror-like shine.
    Alternating between Z2 & Z5 seems to yield spectacular, but different results. Z2 gives me that mirror like finish. Z5 gives a slightly (and I highly stress, slightly) less mirror like finish, but it seems to give more "depth" to the shine than Z2 alone. Z5 application seems to give me a much "cleaner" shine that brings out the finish color more than Z2. It could be because the Z5 fills in the swirls that the depth seems better.

That's why I alternate between the two.

I've been using Z6 both before and after a Z2 or Z5 application. I'm thinking of moving to either Z6 before or after wax application. Not both. What has been anyone's experience with just doing Z6 once? Better before or after the wax application?
    I'm a Z6 nut. I use it before every Z2 application. And I also use it a a wash-substitute and/or touch up between washes. I haven't used Z5 yet as I started using Zaino soon after I bought this '98. Actually, I put a coat of a regular wax product on before I knew about Zaino and had to 'Dawn' it out before claying and Zaino application the first time. I'm going to start using Z5 this spring, however, as I've collected a number of very minor scratches from road sand/salts. And yep, there are a few swirls to be removed too.

Z6 is an extremely helpful product. It really is a Gloss Enhancer and is also most helpful with windows. The only problem I've ever had with it is the spray adjustment. You really need a very fine spray and it takes a bit of effort to make the spray handle work that way. I've found that the best method is to keep the spray turned off, apply just a little bit of pressure, and VERY slowly turn the spray knob (in front at nossle) ever so slowly just to the point where a weak spray come out.
  • aureiusaureius Member Posts: 2
    My car is Silver and the Zaino went on fine the only thing that i didn't like was that the Z1 was impossible to see haze. the other polishes Z2 and Z5 i could see fine. Can anyone tell me about how long you waited for it to haze. Thanks
    -Andy
  • pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    I didn't wait for it to haze. Sal sent me an e-mail that said it's okay to apply the Z2 right after the Z1 and let them both dry. Worked great for me (but it IS hard to see where the Z1 is - especially on a white car!).
    I've been messing with the Z6 nozzle myself. I've tried opening it just a little. In addition to a mist, I also get a few drops. I need a plant mister, but am just too lazy to go to the plant store.

I didn't use Z5 until this year either. The best results I've found, were to alternate between Z2 and Z5. I could be very happy just using one or the other, though, and not both.

No swirls to speak of on my finish. Just thought I'd give Z5 a try. I'm using Z6 at an alarming rate. I agree, that I can be sort of a Z6 fanatic. That's why I'm cutting down from Z6"ing" before and after waxing to one or the other. Guess it's time for a little experimentaion. What I like Z6 for mainly, is to use it after I wash the car and am in too much of a hurry to put another coat of wax on. I can Z6 my car in 15-20 minutes, about half of what it takes to Z5 or Z2.

By the way, what color is your Accord? Is it a darker metalflake? My Grand Prix is a metal flake Burgandy (Pontiac calls it "redfire metalic"). Z5 really adds a lot of depth and brings the metal flake out.
  • tpmiller1tpmiller1 Member Posts: 165
    Put the Z6 down and drive to a "plant" store mister. LOL
    koury-

I don't know if the Z-2 "shines that much better" than the Z-5, but there is a difference as noted by others above. Each Z product has its own job. I believe the Z-2 gives it that optical clarity. I would put on the 2 and then apply the Z-5 the next time, ending each application with the Z-6. I never used Z-6 BEFORE applying Z-2 or Z-5.

fastdriver
  • sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    What Web sites can you buy he Z products? Is is less expensive to buy direct from Z, or from a reseller???
    sascuderi-

You can order here- http://www.zainobros.com/
    - but, DON'T order yet! I have to e-mail Sal on Wednesday to get the details on a group purchase.

In the meantime, you can look at these- http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/7501/Feb.html or these- http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/7501/feb_21/

Savor that wet-look shine because you'll have it too after you start using ZAINO! ;-))

fastdriver
  • sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    If you can get some kind of deal for a "group
    purchase" I will be interested. I have never used the product but am interested in trying it on my new silver I30 and my wife's black 96 accord.

ps: GREAT photos Fastdriver!
    sascuderi-

Thanks. Since you mentioned BLACK, I thought you might like to see these too- http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/7501/febbmw.html

They're ALMOST as nice as my pics! LOL......

fastdriver
  • mlc40mlc40 Member Posts: 2
    After reading many comments on Zaino polish, I took the plunge and ordered the works. I just bought a 2000 Mustang GT convertible, so was anxious to try put Zaino to the test. The car is Laser Red with a black top. A year ago, I bought a new Bright Red (what can I say, I like red!)Ford F150 4X4. On the truck I've used Blitz wax since it was purchased. I had not heard of Zaino polish when I bought the Blitz wax.
    I did the clay treatment, Z-1, and two coats of Z-2 with Z-6 between coats with the Mustang. I also just waxed the truck, so it's fund to compare shines.
    While I love the Blitz Wax shine, I believe the "Z" is even shinier. I find myself taking a peek at the car before I go to bed, because it shines so well. As for ease of application, there is no comparison. The Z is much easier to put on and even easier to wipe off. The finish on the Mustang is also incredibly smooth, but I did not clay the truck.
    As for the cost, they are probably similar, although I will most likely get many more applications out of the Blitz wax. When one is paying $30K for a vehicle, why be tight with keeping it looking nice? Wax is a very minor cost as a percentage of the vehicle expense.
    Now the test will be how long each vehicle keeps it's shine and beads water. I will keep everyone posted. Both vehicles are driven very little and are always garaged, so it should be a fair comparison. I wished I had a digital camera, but I do have a scanner, so I may try to take some pics and post them for all to see. I'm a fanatic about keeping vehicles looking their best. The neighbors probably think I'm nuts, but they're used to it since my I'm anal with my lawn as well. Thanks to all and especially fastdriver for the many tips and testimonials!