Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments

Comments

• nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    think that if GM extends their program for another month or so, do you believe they will "UP" the 2000.00 incentive on the discontinued Pontiac Sunfire and Chevy cavalier???
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,706
    "The sticker price on the CRV LX was 21,910. They came down only $1230. I expected at least $3000."

At that point, they'd be paying you money to take the car. No way.

For any car you're interested in, find the sticker price (that you often have to do on the lot), then find the invoice price online (right here at Edmunds is good), find the incentives, if any, and then look around in the forums to find out what the going rate is.

Since you've made the excellent step to come to Edmunds, you should have no trouble negotiating these steps. The idea of $3k off is not going to happen and amounts to a waste of time for you and the dealer.

BTW, incentives are sometimes tricky to find. Always go to the manuf. web site, go to Edmunds (I despise the format, but the info is there), go to cars dot com, and then come right to this board and see what's going on. Also the "prices paid" boards, keeping in mind some of the postings there are a bunch of hoo-hoo.

CRV's are a GREAT deal at invoice + a few hundred.
    If you can get past the exterior. Ugh.

-Mathias
    (who has a Villager w/ the gold package AND a Vibe and shouldn't make remarks about exterior design..)
  • darondaron Posts: 4
    How do I find out if there are any FTD incentives for the 2005 Camry?

Thanks

D
  • marywilsonmarywilson Posts: 16
    Thank You Car_man:

This is a good deal. I think she will end up buying a Malibu Maxx just like me.

Mary
  • That is a very good question, nortsr1. Let's put it this way, I don't think that you have anything to lose by waiting to purchase your new car if GM does indeed decide to extend its Employee Purchase Price for Everyone program. At the very least, it would probably continue the $2,000 customer cash that it is currently providing on these cars and possibly enhance it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hi daron. I do not believe that Toyota is providing any dealer cash incentives on the 2005 Camry at this time. For more information on what sort of incentives are available on this car in your area, stop by the Edmunds.com Incentives Page and enter your zipcode.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • You're very welcome Mary.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • jay46jay46 Posts: 10
    Mr. Car Man,

Question does Acura have any current incentives or special financing for the Acura RL? I'm looking to buy soon in the Northern California region. I heard that the car is not selling as well as expected. Is buying the car at invoice possible. Thanks
  • dsayeddsayed Posts: 1
    The $3500 rebate or 1.9/2.9% financing is supposed to expire today.
    Does anyone know what the July incentives will be?
  • Hello jay46. I've heard that in mid-June Acura introduced a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2005 RL. this is the only incentive that is available on this car and it is actually the first time that Acura has provided any sort of support on the redesigned version of this RL. Most of Acura's incentives are scheduled to run through July 5th. It is difficult to say at this time what its new July incentives on the RL will be like. Please feel free to check back with me towards the end of the week though and I will be more than happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out about its new program. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hi dsayed. I actually believe that Volkswagen's June incentives on the 2005 Touareg are scheduled to run through July 5th. I haven't seen Volkswagen's new July incentive program yet, but I suspect that I will have a good idea of what it is like by the end of the week. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me then and I will be more than happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • bjp4bjp4 Posts: 5
    Im going to purchase a Jeep. Until the fifth, jeep is offering 1000 cash incentive. I read that they are probably going to implement employee pricing for everyone, similar to Gm, on the july 6th. however, they havent made it official publically and all the reports i have read indicate that the program is not a 100% go yet. Should i purchase my vehicle now in order to get the 1000 off before it expires? Should i make a deal now asking the dealer for a price similar to the employee price in hopes that the delear will make the deal knowing that prices will drop in two days anyway? or should i just wait and give up the grand? Anybody have anymore info on Chrysler's "employee discount for all"? thanks
  • Hi bjp4. If I was in the market for a new Jeep, I personally would definitely wait until DaimlerChrysler rolls out its new July incentives on the 6th. While there is no guarantee that its new July program will be more attractive than it was in June, I would bet a ton of money that it will be. There's no guarantee that the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on the model that you are interested in will go away. It is extremely possible that it will be available in addition to the special employee purchase price that DaimlerChrysler will almost certainly introduce for July. If you would like, stop back in this discussion in a couple of days and I will be more than happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new incentives that are available on the truck that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • teflon80teflon80 Posts: 26
    Any word on the July incentives for VW Passat gls FWD ? sedan and wagon respectively?

Thanks!
  • glockfanglockfan Posts: 30
    Carman,

Any word on the GM Incentives for July? Do you think they will ever offer the discounts and the 0% interest?? Thanks
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,655
    Gm has announced return (or continuation) of employee discount program from July 6 through Aug 1.
  • adiehl13adiehl13 Posts: 28
    Anyone hear what Toyota is doing after today re: incentives? Looking to purchase a Sienna. $750.00 cash back in my area now, but with the 2006 model rolling into lots in the near future I'm hoping that the incentive will be even better. Also, is it really better to wait until the end of the month? I'm playing a tough game right now in that whatever is left of 2005 models is it.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    I also read in the DetrioitFreePress, that not only has GM extended their GMS Plan until Aug.1st...but that Ford has the Family plan this month (I think that is the X-Plan, but I am not certain). Anyone??? They also said Chrysler will announce something this week.
  • purplebugpurplebug Posts: 24
    Okay,cheapo that I am. I ordered my car in May, if it is delivered in July, or whenever the new employee pricing is available, do I qualify for that program?

Thanks in advance
  • Hi teflon80. I haven't seen Volkswagen's new July incentives yet, but I believe that they will be introduced today. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion in a day or two and I will be more than happy to fill you in on what the new program is like for the car that you are interested in. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hello glockfan. General Motors' new July incentives start today, July 6th. As expected, it extended its Employee Purchase Program through August 1st. It did not introduce 0% financing on all vehicles in conjunction with this program though. A few, slower selling models, like the Chevrolet Cavalier and the Chevrolet Venture have 0% financing for up to 5 years available on them right now, but most models do not. In fact, GM actually raised its special finance rates on a number of truck by a point or two from June. If you let me know what model or models you are interested in, I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what the specific incentives on them are like.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hi adiehl13. Toyota is scheduled to introduce its new July incentives today, July 6th. I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what its new program is like on the Sienna that you are interested in, however since its offers vary depending upon which one of its twelve regions you are in I need you to tell me what state you live in first.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • The report that you read was correct, nortsr1. GM extended its Employee Purchase Program through August 1st, DaimlerChrysler introduced an Employee Purchase Program of its own, and rumor has it Ford will do the same today as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Greetings purplebug. Consumers are normally eligible for whatever incentives are available on their ordered vehicles when they physically take delivery of them. So you are in luck, you should be able to take advantage of DaimlerChrysler's new Employee Purchase Program on the vehicle that you are getting.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • david ydavid y Posts: 4
    Car Man,

I'm a little confused on the GM Employee Pricing. Is this simply another way of GM giving manufacturers rebates to the consumers? Otherwise this would significantly cut into the individual dealer's profit margin. If this is the case, should I still negotiate on price, then take off the current cash rebate plus the amount of the employee pricing "rebate"? If so, this could net a very very good price on a new GM, otherwise the pricing is about the same as it's always been if you were a good negotiator. Thanks for taking the time to fill me in on this one.

David
  • 96corolla96corolla Posts: 94
    I'm in the same boat as the guy above on the Sienna. I just heard today that Toyo has removed all incentives for July. I'm upset at myself for procrastinating and also concerned that this is permanent. I definately don't think there will be incentives on the 2006 which I don't believe will be available until mid-late fall and I'm worried that 05 incentives won't be back. This can be the start of Toyota taking action to help GM be more competitive...i.e. rumors of price increases, etc.

What do you think Carman?
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 857
    Where did you hear the news about Toyota's July incentives?
    Not sure if he was talking about ALL Toyota's or just Sienna, but he said Toyota took away all incentives for July.

Why, have you heard something different?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    Incentives from Toyota vary by region. In the SE region, where he's posting from, Toyota didn't continue the rebate that was avaialable. However, for example in the NY region they did dedide to continue the $1000 rebate and the special apr. They eliminated the rebate on the Corolla and Matrix for example here, but other vehicles they didn't change any of the programs that were in place up till the 5th.

Again, check with your local dealer to see what the incentives are in your particular area.

Ken
    I'm in PA...right next to NY, and I'm somehow in the southeast region....doesn't make a lot of sense. Just bad luck I guess...but Thanks.