Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6

Comments

• kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    My 05 A6 has a power telescoping steering wheel.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    For pity's sake, go for the A6 4.2 given the cars you have put out here.
  • dplushdplush Member Posts: 9
    I am taking delivery of my A6 3.2 on Friday and just had a question on Headliner color. My car is the Brilliant Black with the amaretto interior. I noticed the headliner is black with the brilliant black exterior and the headliner is grey with the Night Blue. Shouldn't the interiors be the same? I know some of you have the black with amaretto, is your headliner black, grey, beige???
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    As for headliner colors...It all depends on the build date of your car.

The amaretto interior on the A6 use to have a gray headliner, but it was later changed to black so it would match better.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    The amaretto interior on the A6 use to have a gray headliner, but it was later changed to black so it would match better.

Interesting. I might have to put the 4.2 back on my list. Brilliant Black w/ Amaretto was my color choice, but I didn't want the grey headliner. Not to mention that preliminary photos showed an Amaretto headliner. That's what I was wanting and expecting before I cancelled my order. :cry:
    The black headliner looks so much better than the grey. Too many colors going on when you have black, amaretto, and the silver headliner.

The cars were changed for March production. It's too late to order a 2005, but you can place an order for the 06's, which will arive in 3 months or so.

Some dealers may have squeaked in some orders for the new production dates in March, so you may find a few 2005 Amaretto cars w/ the black headliner on dealers lots.
    Good to hear, what was Audi thinking with a grey headliner with the amaretto. I am happy mine has the black!! Can't wait till friday :D
    Audi is know for their impeccable interiors, but sometimes they make an occiasional blunder when it comes to clashing of colors.

I really love the creme beige interior that was available on the 2005 A6's. But it had a black dash and carpets and it didn't look good at all to me.

On the A8, the creme interior has the lighter clay colored dash and matching carpets and headliner. The creme interior looks incredible on the A8.

Needless to say, Audi discontinued the creme interior option on the 2005 A6. I wonder why.......
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    Have the Brilliant Black w/ Amaretto Inside. My headliner is Black. Looks great!
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Are you talking about the Vanilla color on the previous A6? If so that was simply gorgeous but my gawd was it hard to keep clean. When I looked for a used A6 I would see that color combo from time to time. They all were either very dirty or pristine, no middle ground. That Vanilla with whatever their Dark Blue exterior color was called at the time was the best combination on the old A6, imo. The interior was trimmed in Navy too. So tasteful it was.

M
    No, I was talking about the creme interior option on the 05 A6. I don't think too many were made this year. It's a bit different than the Vanilla on previous A6's.

Those lighter color interiors are prone to staining and bleeding of colors, and are a lot harder to keep clean. But it looks gorgeous when it's new.

I didn't like that dark blue color w/ the Vanilla. To me, it looks too much like purple when the light hits it. I thought it looked a bit on the tacky side.
  • jeqqjeqq Member Posts: 221
    I have one of the earlier builds - amaretto/silver headliner and I prefer this color over the black. It lightens up the interior especially at night. I've noticed that the 5 series and the M35 also use silver headliners with their version of amaretto. They all copy each other.
    First, love my Audis and have not had any problems to date. Just wondering what we thought about this article...have people been noticing quality improvements

link titleAudi's work on quality paying off; automaker sees JD Power study ...
    The exterior color back then was called "Ming Blue". It did look great w/ the Vanilla interior. What I heard is that even with the new creme color that after awhile even the blue jeans you wear will rub off on the seats and make blue marks. I saw a Black exterior on an 05' A6 in showroom when I was picking up my A6. It had the creme inside color and it was cheap looking. Too much of a contrast. I had an 02' A6 in Black/Black which looks great even three years later. I was going to get it again, but heard about the Amaretto. Even without seeing it, I ordered it as my interior color and am glad I did. The last post was right about the black headliner looking "different". I like it because it flows with the theme of top and bottom black with the wood and Amaretto in the middle. Also, I noticed that the sunroof works different now. In the old car, if you tilted the back side of the sunroof up, it wouldn't move the inside headliner up with it. Now they do. I heard the Grey color outside, not the silver, looks amazing with the Amaretto inside too. I think the thing that really gets me is everytime I get in or out of the car, when you close the doors, they have such a solid sound....very heavy sound. I think IMO that a lot of people compare the Infiniti M35 with the A6 now when they are new. Look at both of them two years from now when they have been driven a little. My 02' A6 drives literally as good as the day I got it. It doesn't pull to the side, still has a lot of power. And, as I have just done, I am a repeat buyer of Audi cars. How many people were buying Infiniti's three or four years ago. They hit it big with one new car, the M35, and all of a suddin they are a german auto threat. It takes a lot more than a few good reviews and a powerful engine to get my business. How about a "real world" interior like the Audi without all the glitzy buttons and how about the wood in the Infiniti....it looks like contact paper...not glossy. It's a modern interior...not a classy one like the Audi. I think if you want to beat the next guy to the next traffic light, get the M35. If you want a world class automobile, get the Audi.
    Oh I haven't seen anything but "Beige" on the new A6. There was like a "Cream Beige" option?

M
    Yeah that was it Ming Blue. I loved that color combo.

M
    There was a "creme" beige option on the 2005 A6, but only a handful slipped through production before Audi discontinued it. Probobly through lack of orders.

It was a $1000 upcharge, like the Amaretto.
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    bondguy1,
    I don't know how you went from complimenting the Audi's interior to bashing the M35, but, ok. It's all still pretty subjective, though. I like the matte finish on the Infiniti's wood, you don't; I don't find the buttons to be "glitzy", you do; I think MMI is a slightly less confounding system than iDrive, you probably love it; I think the doors on my M35x thunk just as solidly as the doors on your A6....and on and on.

Having shopped both cars, I can honestly say that I think the Audi is a fine looking car with a great interior. Past Audi reliability problems, acceleration that's a bit slower than I'd prefer, the lack of any "wow" factor (meaning that the car didn't "wow" me personally), and, of course, that I was immediately blown away by the M35x, all led me to get the Infiniti.

To each his own.

I would like to take a look at both cars 2 years down the road to see if Audi has actually improved reliability as rumored. In the meantime, I'll just continue to beat every A6 I encounter to the next stoplight. ;)
  • a4drivera4driver Member Posts: 11
    The most recent ratings from consumer reports shows that Audi is making huge strides in reliablity. In their ratings of problems per 100 cars, Audi came in with 12, one problem shy of both Infiniti and Lexus at 11.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Delivery quality is certainly a significant measure, but I think most of the issues with German reliability (perceived or otherwise) have to do with longer periods of time. Three years, five years, ten years -- that sort of thing. Owning one of these without warranty coverage is perceived as a fool's mission.

That's why many lease (among other reasons), but even at that, residual values are hit pretty hard if the long-term reliability isn't there.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Agreed about longer term reliability needing to be assessed. But remember that a lot of people were complaining of fear of buying the new A6 as it is a "new year model" and they have lots of "glitches". It appears these fears can be allayed.
  • ctorreyctorrey Member Posts: 64
    It takes a rich man to buy a new Mercedes Benz and a richer man to buy one used. I think the same is true for Audi over the long run.
    I agree with you about owning a German car as compared to leasing one. I wouldn't consider buying an Audi. I wouldn't want to own it after the warranty was up. I wouldn't want to own a Mercedes either. I sounded like I was bashing the M35 but it was my second choice next to the Audi. Everyone has there reasons for choosing what's important to them. I wasn't looking for the "wow" factor. I drove the M35 Sport. It has much quicker acceleration than the A6 3.2. I just looked at it as the same engine as the G35 in a new skin w/ a nicer interior. However, the new A6 really is a "completely" new car inside and out. Aside from some similar outer body resemblence to the older A6, everything else is new. And to answer your question....no...put the cars side by side...they don't have the same "thump" when you close the doors. If the engine is the same in the M45 basically as the Q45, why hasn't Infiniti been selling more Q45's this year and the last few years? Where are those buyers? Hey, I'm the first to admit it. Amongst the German cars, BMW can't be beat as far as performance and especially in the handling dept. Mercedes has great performance with a smooooother ride than either Audi or BMW. The E350 is a great car too. Now it has the same horsepower as the M35 (280HP). I'm sure the M35 beats Mercedes E350 in many categories including speed. Why then do people buy Merdedes? Because these cars (BMW, Audi and Merdedes) have the "IT" factor....a loyal following for many years of satisfied people getting a new one every few years either by way of leasing or purchasing. Every once in awhile, the Lexus' and Infiniti's will have a winner...more often Lexus than Infiniti over the past few years. The J35 years ago was Infiniti's first big seller when they were in the infancy as a company. Then, they never really hit it big after that until a few years ago with the G35. The G20's (altimas) and Q45's(always took a backseat to LS430's) and the M45's until this year were always second rate cars. I truly like the M35. I think for me it came down to getting a really good deal on a loaded Audi or taking an M35 Sport with Journey package for not much less. In closing, I guess it's like the old saying...."that's why there's chocolate and vanilla". Maybe the "vanilla" way to go or safe way to go is to go for something you know. Also, the Audi seemed a lot roomier inside than the M35. That was an important factor for me. Don't take it the wrong way. The M35 is definitely the car to have more fun in driving fast...not that the Audi doesn't go fast...it justs takes a little longer to get there. I think for me, the interior wins hands down for it's luxuriousness over the Infiniti. The one thing that all magazine articles have positive to say about the Audi is "beautifully appointed and rich looking interior". So, I'll continue to enjoy my Audi A6 and I hope you'll do the same with whichever car you choose. By the way, which Infiniti did you previously own? Oh, don't forget the Prestige factor that goes along with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's. Last time I was at the country club where we belong, I don't remember seeing many Infiniti's there...but there were a few Lexus'. As shallow as that may sound, it's true. I guess the prestige of the Infiniti is on the inside...when you drive one.
  • tomleone1tomleone1 Member Posts: 4
    I was just about to leave for a test drive of the '05 A6 this past weekend and as I slowly took my foot off the brakes there was this very loud grinding noise. I kept testing this by slowly pulling my foot off the brake and the 2nd time the whole car shook! Has anyone who actually owns the '05 A6 every encounters this problem? I have owned many vehicles throughout the years and have never encountered this (much less on a vehicle that is supposed to entice a buyer to make a purchase)
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    I have 3,000 miles on a 05 4.2 and do not have the problem.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Not trying to sound insulting…but was the parking brake on (or slightly engaged)?
    Yes, the snob, er, "IT" factor is very important, especially at one's country club. :shades:

I bought my M35x because it "wow"-ed me...not because it particularly wowed anyone else. And like you said, it is more fun to drive.

Again; to each his (or their?) own.

Enjoy.
    Well, in my neighborhood (and country club -- in suburban Cincinnati), the "it" machines appear to be:

1. Cadillac "pick up trucks" (in Pearl White with gold "chrome")

2. Any Lexus -- excluding the one that is really just "a Camry that knows somebody" (the ES300, I think)

3. A Hummer H2 in that hideous yellow color (no offense).

4. A true sports car, not a Sears sports car. . . .

We have been granted a "pass" for our Audis, probably because my wife has always had a TT coupe that was probably mistaken for a mutant Porsche, which of course is always an acceptable sheen to show up in. You can even drive a Porsche to church, don't you know?

Now, at our country club, the Escalade's rule -- as do several Lexus SUV like vehicles. Again, they let me pass in my allroad but they pretend they don't see me. I always tell them "the Bentley's on the frizt, dahhhling. . . "
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    With the new A6, there is no "slightly engaged". It's electronic and it's either on or off. You can actually hear the mechanism engage/disengage if the radio is off.
  • kohankohan Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an 2001 Audi A6 with the bose symphony (I think) sound system. it does not havew a factory installed cdchanger in the trunk but the bose unit does have the button to activate it. I need to know if my car has the required wiring harness factory intalled and where to find it? I opened the hatch where the changer would be mounted but did not see any wiring. Is this wiring standard with my head unit or do I need to have someone install the wiring from the unit to the trunk? If it is standard where would it be located?
    I think the car is ready to go if it is the same one I had. You go to the dealer and pays your money and the 6 disc changer will be installed (total of 6+1 plus the cassette player).

I think the 01's also accept Phat Box or Phat Noise or whatever they call it (it is the same as 300 CD's in your trunk). One of the guys in my company has a VW wth this in it and it is impressive -- huge library of tunes.
  • tomleone1tomleone1 Member Posts: 4
    No Ivan_99 the parking brake was off.
  • bargamon1bargamon1 Member Posts: 110
    its consistant that 0-60 is very important to you.
    I have heard you mention it many times over the months.

IF need be to justify your expense by drag racing other brands to elevate your brand self esteem, then go for it!

I think too the Infiniti is a bit tacky and would gladly give up some Vroom Vroom boy racer time for the refinement. My 2.5 year old allroad has been flawless and it appears Audi is doing well!

Now thats not to say the Infiniti is not a nice car, it certainly is! If there exists a big price gap I might also give up some refinement for the wiz bang interior.

But lets not be so sensitive, this is a A6 forum and Im sure on the M forum y'all preaching to the choir and there are few "bashings" of other brands or prices paid.

IN this day and age of oil consumption I would really rather a Diesel, but then we got environment issues! I saw a new A6 2.4 recently in a central american country and in that world, its a big motor!
    Yes, I suppose that I've been "consistant" throughout my posts that 0-60 capability in the $50k Luxury PERFORMANCE category is important to me.

I suppose we all justify our expenses in various ways. I would contend that I am less justifying my expense in purchasing the Infiniti, as I am justifying not purchasing the Audi. It's not that the M35x has neck snapping acceleration, far from it. It's just that, for the money, and for my tastes, the A6 3.2 was too slow. Sorrrrrrry.

With very few other exceptions, I liked everything about the Audi. And, with even fewer exceptions, I love everything about the M35x. As I recall, the reason I participated in this forum (as opposed to merely reading the 1 or 2 posts that appear on a biweekly basis) was in response to bondguy's apparently random bashing of the M35x in a thread dedicated to discussing various Audi interior color combos(?).

But thank you for assuring me that I have a "nice car", that you regard as a "tacky...boy racer" with a "wiz bang interior."

To each his own. As bondguy said, that's why there's chocolate AND vanilla (and 34 additional flavors last time I checked.)

Sensitivity is not my strong suit, so apologies to anyone whose vehicle I may have inadvertantly or excessively bashed. The A6 is a superb vehicle.
  • bargamon1bargamon1 Member Posts: 110
    FUn with words:

I too own a membership to a golf club.

One can join a club, but I love when members say "WE BELONG!"

That is shallow!

To replace my allroad, Im thinking an infiniti Fx35 for a hundred and fifty LESS than what I am paying now! Its not an allroad, but not bad for 25% less and zero down!

I hate driving the IT car. I hate large SUVs, hate the escalades, Lexus' are just ugly! Owning a 15 year old mercedes is cool, leasing a new one is not. Cayannes are cool, Mercury aviators are not. Navagators are tacky bling! CTS caddy is cool. Lincolns are not.

I agree with rich, Mark, and JamesBondguy: I love my audi, I want another audi, but I won't pay much more than what I am paying now!
    You hit me where I live! I too have a loverly Audi allroad and my first choice to replace it was "pretty much" a loaded A6 3.2. After more than a couple dozen Audis, I had the "routine" down of ordering, swapping out during the last 90 days and driving off in yet another better than the last one. Alas, my 2003 allroad, which at the time had an MSRP of $49K would be replaced by an A6 with an MSRP of $53K -- no biggie, I thought.

When all was said and done (and this happened with my wifes 2003 TT when she went to replace it with a 2005.5 A4 3.2) the two new Audis we wanted had fewer features, somewhat lower MSRP's but much higher lease payments than either BMW (my wife replaced her $42K TT with a $47K BMW and lowered her mo pay by $128) or Infiniti (an M35X at ~ $51K compared to an A6 at $52,770 was $200 less and $112 less -- per month, respectively -- than my allroad).

In both cases the Audi's content (features) was lower, performance was about equal or lower, yet we had a preference for the Audis.

The value proposition -- for the first time since 1977 -- did NOT favor the Audis.

The fact that the Audis, in my biased opinion, were superior -- and therefore worth more (slightly) notwithstanidng -- still could not persuade us to pony up an extra $328 per month.

I think the deals on the Audis may be improving (local newspapers) but the web site still makes me think that Audi pushed its way into the premium price class about a year or so prematurely.

I still am one of Audis biggest fans -- and those who have or are about to acquire any Audi product will not get a raspberry from me. My circumstances, my history and experiences with Audi (and I include my wife's too) are that "mine" (or ours).

I would love to have a silver A6 with Amaretto Sport seats and all the trimmings -- but, at this juncture, I just can't make the "value proposition" work for me.

My friends tell me I'll be back to German for sure and probably to Audi, next time.

Time will tell.
    I think it all matters what time of year you get your car and how much shopping you do. I know I told you what I paid for my A6 3.2 two weeks ago. Before I leased it, I had a few lease quotes that had a $100-$125 range in price per month for similar equipment. First, never speak to a salesman in a dealership unless you get the newest salesman there. I usually call ahead of my showing up and tell the girl upfront that I don't remember who I spoke with yesterday but that I think he was new. She'll volunteer to refer you to the "newbie" who the manager will do almost any short deal to help out the new guy...he wants him to learn how to work a deal from start to finish. Otherwise, always call and ask for the sales or general manager. This cuts out the middle step of another salesman. Work the deal with him and when it comes time to write up the deal, he'll put you with a salesperson. I used to sell cars many years ago and I was that newbie. By the way, I felt weird not looking at all my options out there like BMW. I have heard nothing but raving reviews of BMW's handling and performance. I just think the 5 series is so UGLY that it wouldn't matter if it had Porsche performance...I wouldn't get one. And, I don't just mean UGLY outside...inside is very bland and plain looking. I heard bad reviews of the new Lexus GS 300 too. Performance is lacking even though it has the same horsepower as the Audi 3.2 (255). The new Toyota Avalon (not in the same category even though it does have a 280 HP engine) wan't even a real choice. I really think when it comes down to a mid size sport sedan in the $50,000 range give or take a few thousand dollars, the only real choices out there are the Infiniti M series or the Audi A6. The Mercedes also, even though interior room is smaller (8 inches narrower in backseat room than A6). Also, people, don' t forget that the Audi also comes with all scheduled maintenance included for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Mercedes used to do that up until this last year. I would love to see Audi come out with a much larger convertible coupe based on the A6 bodystyle which would have to be much bigger than the A4 bodystyle.
  • pauldtpauldt Member Posts: 3
    I took delivery of my '05 A6 3.2 in April 2005. (The ‘05 replaced a 2002 A6 3.0 on a manufacturers buy-back. The 3.0 had too many problems to list-mostly engine, brakes, and electrical). One week after taking delivery on the ’05, I started receiving intermittent low battery indications on the MMI. This caused the MMI to shut down the third brake light and/or the alarm system intermittently.

The dealership’s mechanic was at a loss as the diagnostic computer did not reveal any clues as to what was wrong. He discussed the problem with a factory representative where they recommended replacing one of many, many modules but the problem persisted. The factory representative then suggested replacing a second module, which, so far, has done the trick.

Hopefully Audi will continue to improve upon the reliability of their automobiles, but until then, I wouldn’t recommend one. They are beautiful cars but based upon the experiences that my friends, family, and I have had, the Audi is far from reliable. If you must have an Audi, I’d recommend leasing one as it would be a very expensive car to own for the long term. My next car will likely be a BMW or of the Japanese variety.
  • pauldtpauldt Member Posts: 3
    Follow-up. . . With a whopping 1765 miles on the odometer, the interior lights have now stopped working! I checked all of the obvious problems and it goes back to the dealer next week.

Note to self: Never buy an Audi again!
  • wbreaux1wbreaux1 Member Posts: 55
    I hear all the "horror" stories about quality problems, and I think this is somewhat like the evening news. 1,000,000 planes landing safely is not news, but one crashing is. People are much more vocal when their cars are having problems, which is human nature. But for the record, my wife's 2002 A6 3.0 is going strong with 66,000 miles, with no signficant problems. The only issue is that the front passenger seat sqeaks when someones in it. Other than that it's been a trouble free car and a joy to own.
    I really hate that the drivers leather seat squeaks against the side plastic. The right lower portion of the drivers seat is just too close to the console.
  • ctorreyctorrey Member Posts: 64
    My '05 A4 actually has a felt-like substance attached to plastics that come in contact with the leather seats (e.g., seatbelt buckles). Maybe this is somthing Audi did in '05?
    Did you notice that the window glass, specifically the windshield and large rear window don't have rubber seals on the outside of windows. This is done to give it a flowing look. It gives the car a more complete look and just another little touch of the way Audi is concentrating on leading the pack.
  • justchyll09justchyll09 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know how much less a demo should be? It's 2005 Audi A6 with about 4,000 miles. Has navigation, leather, premium, cold weather, 18" alloys.
    Thanks!

P.s. the sticker is $50,000 and they only want a discount of $2,000 - so $48 is this right?
    Well, that price sounds high. I leased a 2005 A6 3.2 that had a list price of $51,770 and I leased it at a price of $48,001. Brand new car! I have NAV, Premium Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Premium Leather, Sirius, Voice Command, 18" Wheels, Advanced Key. Even if it was new, the price should be better. Shop around. If you are in Florida or any state near and would like to know where I got mine, let me know. They were great to deal with.
  • newaudilovernewaudilover Member Posts: 23
    I concur. That sounds high to me. I also go a much good deal on my $50K A6. Mine ended up at almost $3K less with a great money factor on the lease.
    I was at the Audi dealer yesterday picking up my car from service and one of the managers told me she saw the price list and options list for 2006 A6. They have gone up considerably and packaged the options differently so that a lot of things that used to be in a package are now separate options. Kind of how the Parktronic used to be in the Premium pkg in 02' and now it's a separate option. Headlight washers used to come standard on A6's and now part of the cold weather package. Oh well, glad I got my 05' already.
    Well, you are partially correct that the prices on the 06's are going up. Option for option, the cars will be about $1500 more expensive than the 05's.

But you've got in backwards as Audi is actually cutting down on too many individual options..... and making them a part of a larger package.

You won't be able to get parktronic or advanced key as a stand alone option anymore. You have to get the technology package which includes parktronic, advanced key, navigation, voice activation & sat. radio. The new technology package will be a $3800 option. You can still get DVD NAV as an $1800 option.

Base price of the new 2006 3.2 A6 is $43,970.
    Advance key? At the tender age of 53, I can actually tell you that I personally remember my parent's car -- sometime in the 1950's -- having a pushbutton starter button. The new cars from Europe and Japan seem to be rushing and gushing about "pushbutton start."

I understand the advances in that the key fob contains a transmitter and a chip that identifies "you" and can set the car to your preferences and so on. What I can't understand is the charge (when unbundled) of $750 for a starter button. I believe the new BMW 3's too may have this as an option. It seems to me if you can bring a car to market (as Audi has often done) with either a stick shift or an automatic (for the same money) you could offer "keyless" ignition for a lot less than $750 or however much of that $3,800 tech package is represented by the advance key.

What next, crank starters, for $1995?

What's old is new again, I get that. It just seems to me that keyless start versus a keyed start couldn't possibly "cost" enough even with 30% margin to be "worth" that much.

Having tested several cars with keyless ignition, I must admit it is at the very least, "cool." I am, as noted, old(er), but that just seems -- in this instance -- like a "gouge 'em" price.

This does not detract from the overall goodness of the new A6 -- but it is too conspicuous IMO as a revenue generator. Funny, voice activation, as I recall was a $350 option. My current Audi (a 2003) has the On*star voice activation system (which is less capable, I am led to believe than the new Audi's version) -- based on my experiences, I WOULD pay $750 for that for the ability to control the phone completely hands and eyes free and also for not having to "teach" the system to understand me vs my wife, for example.

Perhaps it is moot at this point but I could do without the advance key, but am finding voice activation a convenience and safety feature -- big time.
    I wish the Nav System had voice recognition as a standard feature. But you have to spend $3800 on the whole technology package to get voice recognition. But at least you can get Nav as a stand alone option in the A6.

I'm not too crazy about the advanced key. It's a cool feature, but I already like the way you barely have to turn the key in the ignition on the A6 and it starts up. It's very smooth.

I'm prone to losing my keys and always wondering where they are, anyway. Not having them in the ignition will have me always grabbing for my pockets (and elsewhere) to see where I put my keys.