Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    see www.honda-accessories.com for about the lowest available prices for the official Honda versions of those parts. Installation would have to be done yourself or contracted (with your dealer's service department most likely) separately, but this will give you a very good idea of what to expect.

Note that they will be needing to change their site name (Honda lawyers are not happy with the "honda" portion, I guess) so go there quickly.

Stop reading. I told you that you'll need to go there quickly!

Sheesh, people just don't listen.... ;-)
  • Options
    unchiunchi Member Posts: 6
    I Am living in souther California and am looking for an odyssey LX without any options. So far all I have seen are those money grubbing #@*$#@ dealers with huge added mark ups. I am willing to pay msrp even if I dont like it. But no mark ups!

Can any body out there in this town hall know any dealer in Southern California selling an odyssey LX with out any options for MSRP? Please help... Thank you very much
  • Options
    captevanscaptevans Member Posts: 14
    I am submitting this posting as part of the Edmunds.com tradition of Odyssey acquisition to say that I am picking my '01 GG ex tomorrow for msrp-$700. I will now recite the edmunds.com odyssey pledge: I will carefully inspect the van as if I am detailing it in accordance with the guidelines of jbachman; I will decline the Zeibarting -- I will purchase scotch guard from walmart instead; I will postpone purchase of extended warranty, and if I do get it, I will shop around and pay no more than $885, probably from some dealer in New York whose name can be found in here somewhere; I will purchase accessories from trevor, maybe cross bars and a cassette, but probably not the fog lights, even though it may be hard to find him now that honda's lawyers have landed on him; I will not finance through the dealer. After being completely alert to the edge of paranoia in my encounter with the dealership tomorrow, suspecting them of perfidy, I will return home slightly lamenting the lack of comfortable armrests, the bad gear shift position, the only-decent sound system, and the slightly loud interior, remembering that the point is to move my family around safely and economically, not to consume conspicuously or believe that I can make myself happy by buying things.

Can I get an amen?

Any last words for me?
  • Options
    mommyof4mommyof4 Member Posts: 46
    Amen!

And you can get your Honda Care from Dallas if you feel like it. After all, no one in this town will be so consumed with the Subway Series.

:)
  • Options
    I'll second that Amen! with an Amen and Amen!

Also, I would like to commend you on the creation of one very fine Edmunds.com Odyssey Pledge (I think it deserves the capitalized title status) and highly recommend that this be adopted by one and all herein as the Official Edmunds.com Odyssey Pledge (italics indicating that status). All in favor hit the space bar....

Oh, and I would like to thank you for adding "perfidy" to my vocabulary. I had to look it up and think it a most fine word indeed. Aging as I am, it is entirely possible that I might have known this word at one time but forgot it (I can't remember if this is true). Even if it is true that simply highlights one nice thing about forgetfulness: it allows me the joy of learning something new even if it's actually old knowledge. As I (hope to!) age further, this type of opportunity is expected to increase.... ;-)

Congratulations on your acquisition and enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    allan57allan57 Member Posts: 1
    Caution: If you are on Long Island and searching for the Odyssey do not I repeat DO NOT go to Manhassett Honda!!! That is unless you feel like wasting 1-2 hours of your time only to have the "manager" tell you they can't sell the van "for that price" after you and the salesperson have come to an agreement.

The dealership is getting over $3,000 profit yet they still want to suck more money out of you at all cost!!! You've all heard the line "...at least Kiss Me First" well don't expect is at Manhassett Honda!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you for you response.
    I will call them up later today, and see if they are really selling an Odyssey LX without any options for MSRP and without any options.

THANKS AGAIN
  • Options
    roadrunner20roadrunner20 Member Posts: 2
    Frist of all, I would like to thank the folks on this thread. Reading throu' this helped me avoid some pitfalls.

I have a dealer who will sell a LX 2001 model for MSRP price - $24340 (base MSRP + destination). They want a $500 deposit and will issue a VIN# in about 2 weeks. At that point they want me pay for the whole amount (24340 + tax + licensing fee). Is this the norm? I concerned about playing the entire amount upfront before the vehicle is delivered.

thoughts?

thanks
  • Options
    shaganastyshaganasty Member Posts: 23
    Huh?
    They have got to be kidding...

What, they think they are a fast food place, pay first and hope they don't lose your order.

Just my 2cents, I would never pay for something as expensive as this without driving first, picking it over with a fine tooth comb and making sure I got what I am paying for.... the deposit is another matter. Most dealers want a deposit to show you are really interested.

(I would try another dealer, before canceling the deal, then if another dealer says the same, maybe that is the way for your area... not so in Ca.)
  • Options
    tsjewantsjewan Member Posts: 13
    I agree completely with shaganasty. While the dealer, presumably, is not actually out to "steal" your money, I think it would be a fairly bad idea to pay in full before thoroughly inspecting and test-driving the vehicle when it arrives. Even with the bumper-to-bumper warranty, there's always a chance there could be some moderate-to-major problem off the assembly line that you'd rather NOT have fixed by the dealer, and would rather have a different van instead; and while the lemon law provides some protection, as most people know it usually isn't easy to get satisfaction under that law and can take months and some effort on your part. If need be and if they'll agree, perhaps make a bigger deposit to hold the vehicle when they get the VIN, if they somehow think $500 isn't enough to show you're "serious". But THEY can't be serious to suggest someone should pay in full before even seeing the car... The Odysseys are hard to find here in MN (at least, non-loaded LX's), but no one is asking for payment in full before delivery.
  • Options
    rictomrictom Member Posts: 89
    I would just tell the dealer no, you'll pay when you pick up the vehicle, after you've inspected it, like any normal deal. They should not give you a hard time about it at all. If you're dealing with a salesman instead of a sales manager tell the sales manager you'll pay when it's delivered. If the sales manager gives you ANY heat, I'd bump it up to his boss if possible, otherwise get your $500 and walk.
  • Options
    agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    the "pay first" scheme...

Assuming you are financing this vehicle, the institution who is providing the money is going to want something in return. In most cases, that is a lien on the title to the property being purchased. When they issue the check to pay for the vehicle, they place a stamp on the back that basically says that the dealership who cashes the check takes responsibility for placing the lien.

So, lets say you pay for the van with a check from your bank, and the dealer records a lien (using some kind of imaginary paperwork, since the vehicle hasn't been delivered yet), you now have a vehicle that is titled in your name, with your bank's lien in place, and you haven't even seen it. Since you own this valuable piece of machinery, and since you are now financially responsible for it, you'll want (and likely be required) to insure it. So now, you will be responsible for car payments and insurance premiums.

Now, lets say the truck delivering your Odyssey experiences a bit of bad luck and your van falls from the top deck of the trailer, smashing down in the middle of an interstate highway. You are now the proud owner of a totaled vehicle, and will be responsible for the difference between the "book" value and the what you owe. Not a pleasant scenario.

Clearly, paying for a van in advance would be a very bad idea!
  • Options
    fiveoh4fiveoh4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I decided purchase an Odyssey LX through an auto broker in JUNE. The MSRP was 23,800 back then and he quoted me a price of 22,700. I was thrilled and immediately handed over my $500 deposit.
    Well, after many times of being told it would be here soon, just a little longer, etc....I finally spoke to the broker's "contact."
    Basically, (and if been told these guys are trustworthy, so I believe them) the dealer has received a few Odysseys that match my request
    [LX in either Silver or GG] but they've been sold to others at MSRP or better, unbeknownst to them.
    The 'dealer' would rather get the heftier profits while making me wait.... 8-(

Sooooo, I may be very fortunate, despite having to wait over 4 months, and will be getting a 2001 Odyssey LX in the 'new' silver color for the same price or 22,700 I was quoted in June for the 2000.
  • Options
    dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    If you ever get it. Why would they want to sell you one at that price when they can continue to sell at or above MSRP. I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Options
    Thanks to Trevor and everyone that I finally figured out how much I overpaid my dealer for my Odyssey. It was around $700 for me to pick up my Ody in two-week time. Although I got a fair trade-in per Blue Book, it still hurts my feeling that my salesperson did not do honest business with me.
  • Options
    davidr6davidr6 Member Posts: 2
    What dealer did you buy from?
  • Options
    ncsugrad94ncsugrad94 Member Posts: 5
    rpeiper: Wow! $28,200 is amazing considering MSRP is 28,840 (including destination). We just
    bought a silver EX-Navi ourselves from Ed Voyles.
    We were pretty happy since we payed 2000 MSRP for
    the car and got a 2001. But, we had to $595 for
    the appearance package. I'm surprised Albany Honda did not require this. I'm also surprised they didn't slap on tons of options like those jokers at Carland, Curry, Sutherlin, and Henessey!!!

Can you believe Hennessey is selling the same car
    at $30,600 w/o any options??!!
  • Options
    mdgarciamdgarcia Member Posts: 6
    We picked up our beautiful new 2001 SS EX today from Pacific Honda in San Diego. Price was MSRP/dest+$495 which was the price when we ordered back on 7/3/00. Additonal fees included $440 title and docs + 7.75% tax (yes, it costs money to live in San Diego). It included mudguards and wheel locks. I think the price has gone up since then. J.P. Bo is a great guy to deal with. Nice finance guy talked to us about fabric/paint protection and Lojack but was not pushy at all and actually quite pleasant. He could not do the HC 7/100k/0 ded warranty for less than $1195. Metioned to finance guy that they were listed here as selling for $885. They don't do that anymore. So we'll shop for it elsewhere.

Sales assistant let us take it for a drive then took us to a lot so he could show us all the features. Thanks to all of you, I showed him a thing or two myself. I had a checklist of things to check that I created last night. We went through every nook and cranny. I mean everything!She's perfect! First time they ever saw a customer with a check list. We took about an hour going over the car.

No reverse clunk going 15+ feet backwards.
    No A/C clunk when starting up with A/C on full
    Doors don't stick. You really have to RTFM to understand the doors.
    Definitely does not pull to the right or left. Checked on street and all four lanes of highway.
    No vibration at 50-60 mph.
    No steering wheel vibration at 60-70 mph.
    No scratches, cracks, tears or rips.

Of course first place we hit was Costco. Boy does this van hold A LOT OF STUFF.

Oh yea, their accessory prices sucked big time! Cargo try for $180! Ouch! Placed an order with Mr. Trevor as soon as we got home.

Special thanks to all of you here for great advice!
  • Options
    drlewisdrlewis Member Posts: 3
    Could you please e-mail the "checklist" you talk about in your post to donrupika@yahoo.com? Thanks.
  • Options
    shaganastyshaganasty Member Posts: 23
    I would love to have a copy of your checklist also, we will be picking up our EX sometime this week.

Thanks very much
    shaganasty@hotmail.com
  • Options
    katmicalekatmicale Member Posts: 6
    I've been reading through this bulletin board for awhile now. It looks like I should be getting my GG LX in about 2-3 weeks. There were only a few accessories I felt I needed to add...a CD player, mud flaps, and maybe a cargo mat or tray for the back. First...can someone tell me what the mat is as opposed to the tray? I just want something so the back is protected from dirt and mud from my stroller. Second...I know the mud flaps are a no brainer for installation. Any advice as far as doing the CD player myself? I'm thinking it's probably pretty simple. Then the third, and big, question...who is Trevor? Reading postings, I picked up on www.partscheap.com. But seems everyone keeps talking about Trevor. Any info would be appreciated...thanks!!
  • Options
    chip28chip28 Member Posts: 11
    Trevor can currently be found at
    honda-accessories.com. That is until they must change their name as described by Trevor in an earlier post. Well worth the call!
  • Options
    ckgregoireckgregoire Member Posts: 9
    Congratulations on your name finally coming up! I hope you enjoy the Van as much as we enjoy ours.
  • Options
    ckgregoireckgregoire Member Posts: 9
    The mat (gray color) covers the back 3 and a half feet or so when the magic seat is in the floor, it is a thick heavy duty rubber. We got it so our lab wouldn't trash the back carpet. The tray (black) is like a liner for the back depression where the seat folds into. In case groceries tipped over and spilled or something. We got both. The mat folded in thirds, fits really nice in the back without taking up too much space. The tray can just stay there, don't have to remove it to fold the seat down or anything. Sorry, don't know about the rest of your questions. We let the dealer install the mud guards and ours came with CD.
  • Options
    needitneedit Member Posts: 4
    Am curious who at the Hagerstown dealership you're dealing with...they took my deposit ($1000), rang up the charge, and have told me my SS '01 EX will be in around mid-November as well. They told me, however, that they're only getting one. Hmmmm. Sounds suspicious to me.
  • Options
    yokimyokim Member Posts: 1
    I am moving to Seattle in Nov. and planning to buy EX there. Can anyone recommend a good dealer over there? How long do you think it will take me to get one? Thanks.
  • Options
    binkybarnesbinkybarnes Member Posts: 69
    trevor is the guy behind www.honda-accessories.com which is the online arm of the parts department at carmichael honda in northern california. great prices, super service, very reasonable shipping. i live here in sacramento so i drove there last week to pick up my cargo tray and splash guards. trevor also sold me extra keys for my EX for only $19.95/apiece (everyone else wants $45) and extra door keys for only $0.85/each.

btw, you will need a stubby phillips screwdriver for the splash guards...better yet, pick up a right-angle screwdriver at sears or some hardware store for less than $2.
  • Options
    roadrunner20roadrunner20 Member Posts: 2
    I am currently shopping for LX in Seattle area. Here is what I have so far for 2001 LX. All of them have wait period of 30 to 60 days.

South Tacoma dealership offers at MSRP; contact their internet sales manager Joesph Knudsen. They have a wait period of 45 to 60 days.

Kirland Honda dealership offered to match their price after they found out about my dealings with South Tacoma.

Capitol Ciy Honda dealership in Olympia is offering at $300 over MSRP; their waiting period seems to be longer - 60 to 75 days.

The rest of dealers are asking for 1500 to 2000 over MSRP.
  • Options
    magarcia1magarcia1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have a good source for the 7year/$100k/$0 ded for $885? Pacific Honda, where we bought our Ody last week, no longer sells it at a discount. How long can I wait to buy the extended warranty after the vehicle purchase?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    baccus1baccus1 Member Posts: 5
    We put our $1000 dep. down in August in which Jim Jardinier informed us that it would be not until the end of Sept. that our 2001 EX would arrive. Well, that date arrived and then he said another 5 weeks. Last week he informed us again that it would certainly arrive around Nov. 15th. We really have no preference on color but our 1st choice was the SS and he said it would be here soon. Who have you dealt with at Hagerstown? And they said that only 1 SS that would be there in November - Hmmmmm! Sounds suspicious to me!!! We are getting very discouraged with Honda and I am thinking maybe we should look at the Olds. Silo. van. Has more options and they don't give you the run-around like Honda!
  • Options
    mbeskindmbeskind Member Posts: 22
    Just off the phone with dealer in Memphis, TN who will sell me 2001 EX Silver for $26,700. Add $200 processing fee (OK - we're back to $60 over MSRP) and taxes. The van is due to arrive between tomorrow and 11/3. I have the VIN # and a signed sales order.

Best part? The salesman has an unused ticket from Atlanta to Memphis and has offered to drive the car to me (350 miles) and fly himself back.

Am I dreaming? I know, I know, get the VIN#. I have it. Any experience with Courtesy Honda out there? Phil Thomason is the salesman.

FYI - he has other Ody's inbound on the same shipment, including one other Silver EX (I get first dibs if the other one arrives first) and posts these prices via Autonation.com and memphishonda.com. Tell 'em Myles from Atlanta sent you. Not sure if they have a referral program or not, but he sounds like a helluva guy to me.

No luck with other Atlanta dealers avoiding the mandatory options game, except Gwinnett Place Honda. Terri Hopkins was a pleasure to deal with but couldn't come through with a Silver EX when I was ready.

Will let you know when it's in my garage...
  • Options
    chanhnchanhn Member Posts: 6
    According to the 2001 Honda user's manual for the Oddy, a special key with security encoding or the like is required to turn on the ignition; therefore, one cannot duplicate the master key with an outside vender like they used to. I called the dealer where I bought my Oddy from, and they wanted $100 to duplicate the keys, because it required some intial set-up for the encoding.

A few posts have mentioned that they could get spare keys from Honda-accessories.com, but I couldn't find any links to getting spare keys in this site. If anyone has gotten spare keys for the Oddys, please fill me in.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    The key has a chip in it to increase security and prevent theft. The cost is not so much in the key, but in the machine needed to program it. The dealer (and locksmiths) need to purchase a programmer for around $1000. Multiline dealers (and locksmiths) need to have one for every make of car as the programmers are not common. Many locksmiths won't invest in them as they may cut and program one key - ever. My dealer here in MA quoted me $45 last month for my Ody. Two years ago it was $75 for my Accord. They must be recouping the cost of the programmer.

Try a larger dealer if possible or a AAA affiliated locksmith. They tend to have the latest and greatest.
  • Options
    Wow...August to September, then September to November. That's quite a stretch! I know others have waited a good long while, but from what we read on these postings it certainly seems possible that quick turnarounds do, in fact, happen. Having read high praise for Jim Jardinier in this forum, I called him several weeks ago. He explained that he had been promoted at the dealership and was no longer selling cars. He refered me to Manuel, one of his colleagues in the sales department. At first, Manuel told me no Odys were available for several months and that I'd have to get in line. Within a day or two, though, he called back to say one silver and one dark green were coming in soon. The silver one -- the one I was more interested in -- was due on or around November 15. I was told that there was lots of interest in this vehicle (naturally), and the first person to come in to submit paperwork and a deposit would get the vehicle. Once there, however, it appeared details of the cars delivery were a little sketchier than originally described. No VIN number available. No firm delivery date commitment after all. The car wasn't even officially on their "incoming" board...a "ghost." In the meantime, they processed my credit card deposit, had me sign paperwork...and then refused to give me a copy of the purchase agreement I'd signed. I'm getting my credit card invoice in a day or two and will likely have to pay the bill before I even get a VIN number unless I take my business elsewhere. Don't give up on Honda though...there are dealers who either really do have Odys...or have them coming in. In fact, I know of one or two who are offering better deals -- below MSRP -- and who will provide written confirmation upfront. They're just a little further away...but hey...what's four or five extra hours for nearly a thousand plus in savings...and (the far more valuable) no frustration factor?
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that $26,700 included destination charge.

General observation - availability is not nearly the issue it once was. Most dealers I have contacted had 1 - 4 Ody's in stock. The trick is getting to one before they load them down with a bunch of over-priced mandatory options. BTW - thanks to all who mentioned honda-accessories.com My splash guards and touch-up paint are on the way, probably about the same time as the Ody.

RE: Earlier post about CD players - honda-accessories.com includes the installation instructions in PDF format. I looked at the in-dash changer and decided to hold off on DIY. Shoving an audiovox cassette deck into my 88 CRx a dozen years ago was one thing, but my wife would kill me if I broke something on the new van.
  • Options
    There are two kinds of CD players: Under the seat and in dash. The MSRP for them is $399 (seat) and $599 (dash). The under-the-seat option require a bracket that is $81. The installation (labor) charges a local dealer's service dept. quoted me are: $241 for seat option; $175 for in dash. The labor charge is $68.95 per hour.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    drlewisdrlewis Member Posts: 3
    Actually, the in-dash cd player or changer is REAL easy to install by ur self. I am no handy-man, but the instructions are great, and it just "plugs in." Well, maybe, you'll need to use a screwdriver, but it is not intimidating. On top of it all, you will save around $150-200 on installation. If it is the under-seat changer you need, I suggest getting it professionally installed. Good luck!
  • Options
    binkybarnesbinkybarnes Member Posts: 69
    i didn't see the keys at www.honda-accessories.com either but it never hurts to ask! so, i emailed trevor and he wrote me back in 10 minutes! he quoted me $25/each but when i got there, he only charged me $20. i asked him how people who didn't live nearby could get extra keys from him since they need an original to cut from. he said they could work out an arrangement if you wanted to mail him one of your keys..."doesn't hurt to ask!" go ahead and give him a call. btw, i got 2 door keys cut too for only $0.85/each! also, that cargo tray is excellent...we got some takeout food last night and the gravy leaked out all over...it really saved us.
  • Options
    The 200 Odyssey is darm near prehistoric! ;-)

Seriously, not too much has changed. Check right here in Edmund's at What's New for 2001 -- Honda under Odyssey for the scoop.
  • Options
    instru_labmaninstru_labman Member Posts: 1
    Have a `01 WHITE EX ordered (for MSRP+Dest Chrg) with estimated delivery of late Feb 2001. Will use Rent-a-Wreck in the meantime. Major reasons for purchase: 1) safety rating, 2) 2nd gen (depowered) air bags, 3) no hassle about "build" options, 4) generally good reliability history (better than DC seems to have been recently), 5) better fuel consumption and acceleration, 6) like idea of a 4V cylinder.
    Presently own `86 Dodge Caravan (2.6) which has done well for 144,000 (and am keeping it). Keep wondering how much trouble/reliability may be a consequence of owner/operator behavior??
    Any suggestions about options over and above splash guards, roof rack crossbars, and maybe trailer hitch?
  • Options
    Your situation sounds very similar to ours. My husband drove up to Hagerstown (We live in Northern VA) in August and racked up $1000 of credit card plus signed papers but did not get a copy of the purchase agreement as well. Jim Jardinier was the salesman we dealt with and even when he got his promotion he said he would see our deal through until we got our '01 SS EX. He though has yet to give us a Vin# or the exact date to when it will arrive. Where are you located? And where are those other dealership you had mentioned that seem to give you a date and a little more information. It will be interesting when Nov. 15th rolls around and who will get the "one" SS EX??? :-)
  • Options
    Wheel locks (for $30 Plus shipping, pretty cheap insurance). Also get the cargo tray (it drops into the magic seat well as a liner), an invaluable protection to the carpet there. Some like the leather steering wheel cover (I'll pass), the bra or deflector (Ewwwww, Yech!) and the CD changer (if you have the bucks). Check with Trevor at www.honda-accessories.com for good prices and great service.

(Scribbled a previous incarnation of this post due to mangling up Trevor's web address.)
  • Options
    tsjewantsjewan Member Posts: 13
    From what I've heard, the Olds Silouette is a pretty good van in terms of performance, human engineering, etc. (although rather expensive). I have no personal experience with it. However, before seriously considering buying one, you might want to look at the following site:
    http://www.carsafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/vans/crashvan.htm

It goes over the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's offset crash test results. Click on the "best vs. worst crash test comparisons" and see the "worst" picture-- it is a Pontiac Transport crumpled like a pop can up through the driver seat area. According to them, Transport, Montana, Silouette, and Chevy Venture are all equivalent. Don't know if any or all have been significantly changed since this test-- the chart groups those 4 together and says, "1997-2001 models". They received a "poor" overall offset crash test rating.

Odyssey on the other hand received a "Good", just slightly below the Sienna (also "Good"); and received an "Acceptable" for bumpers, ahead of the "Marginal" for Sienna and "Poor" for the GM "quads". Odyssey also received the HIGHEST rating of ALL vehicles listed by the Highway Loss Data Institute for real-world crashes translated into an Injury Index: 44 (with 100 being average, and the lower the better); and also I believe the lowest Collision Loss Index at 47. Lastly, Odyssey rated a $266 average damage per test for their low-speed bumper damage test-- lowest of all minivans, as compared to the $1,110 average per test of the GM vans.

I have nothing "against" the GM vans, but these are things to consider IMO.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think Hagerstown Honda ain't what it used to be. Sounds like we're all getting played the same way. Tell you what...you can have the SS from them...if, in fact, you really think it'll be there on 11/15. I'm going elsewhere. I should have my Ody by 11/5 (fingers crossed!), so I'll reveal all details of transaction once it's final. I'm in the DC burbs, too...but am sorry to say that most car dealers in this area (from Ford to Lexus to Honda) all -- excuse the language -- SUCK! You'd think they'd learn from the awesome power of the internet and that, thanks to forums/sites like these, we the consumers have been liberated. I suggest that someone start a new forum: DEALERS TO AVOID (listed by state), as well as GREAT DEALS TO SEEK OUT. That way we could help the reasonable, dare I say honest folks who do exist after all...albeit hundreds of miles from where you and I live. Luckily, I don't mind roadtrips.
  • Options
    guyintampaguyintampa Member Posts: 2
    I just walked out of a dealership after getting down to a price of $1000 of MSRP and then tried to add $300 processing fee. Throughout the bargaining it really seemed they would not go any lower.

I have not seen many posts from Florida. Anyone know if the market really is that much higher demand down here that dealers really won't sell for less that $1000 over MSRP? (They called the next day and agreed to take off the $300 processing fee.) Any good dealers in Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater?
  • Options
    Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX. (just outside of Dallas) The sales staff was extremely rude and obnoxious. BUT, if you want an Ody right away, swallow your pride and you can get one quick at MSRP or above.
  • Options
    If you don't mind a 6 hour drive to get a fair deal, see post 297. The dealer in Albany GA (Southwest corner of GA)seems pretty fair. I called him myself but he had nothing in EX's coming this month, so I went elsewhere.
  • Options
    I am not being able to find an Odyssey LX with out any options for MSRP or under for that matter.
    I live in the San fernando valley In Southern California. HAs any body around that area found a good dealer who is selling an odyssey for MSRP or less. I called the one in Lancaster because i read in one of the posts that they were but when i called they said it was $2000 above MSRP.

Can anybody help me? thanx
  • Options
    chanhnchanhn Member Posts: 6
    I did a lot of calling around, and of course, read most of these valuable postings (since June 00)and found out that there are legit. Honda dealers who will sell MSRP but you have to get on their waiting lists and wait from one to three months.

These dealers in So. CA that I contacted, who will sell MSRP:

Metro Honda in El Monte, Wesloh Honda in Caspatrano, and Hoenh Honda in San Diego.

There were few previous posts which have listing of some 20+ dealers in So. CA and their selling prices; you might want to go back and read those
    previous posts.

I got a call from Metro Honda yesterday for signing up on their waiting list a month ago, but
    have turned down the offer because I 've got mine
    a couple of week ago, from Fuller Honda in San Diego. I decided that we don't want to wait and play High and low games with the Honda dealers any more, and ending the daily availability checking frustrations, so we paintfully gave in at 1000 over MSRP. The van is great; we really enjoy all the features that the EX offers, so the guilt
    of paying over MSRP slowly subsided. I have not yet found any described minor problems from other posts, except for the very audible splashing of the rear fuel tank when it's full in the 2001 Oddy.

I've since getting one or two calls a week from
    the dealers that I signed up with. It looks like
    the Oddy market here in CA is losening up a little. Best thing is to call around a couple times a week to check for new Oddy inventories or
    to leave your name with sale persons. When they
    do call you back, you decide how soon, how tired of waiting, and how much you want to pay; It worked for my case. As far as color, don't let them tell you one is harder to get then the other.
    When I went to get mine at the dealer (first hour
    when they off-loaded the trucks), I saw three or
    four colors where I could have choosen any color
    I wanted.
  • Options
    Thanks for you speedy response. What dealership are you working with and where (maybe I might have more luck there)? How long did you have to wait? Could you e-mail me at cbacc@erols.com and we could chat a little more??