Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    guesswho1guesswho1 Member Posts: 209
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    My wifes former ride a 95 Stratus had that problem on the glossy black trim.

I found that Mequiars Finish Cleaner worked great at removing the haze and bringing the gloss back.

So far, the trim on my '02 is showing no signs of this problem.
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time. That problem sure is a pain. My "Big Red" developed that problem in just a couple of months.
  • Options
    Those are made by a company that specializes in PT Cruiser accessories. One of the users here got them to make ones a bit larger than normal in order to cover the warning label on the Ms. They're $16 per pair, including shipping, but for the life of me I can't remember the web site or the order code for these. They also come in black on silver. Someone else help?
  • Options
    i'm thinking about switching out my tips for ones like yours, give me all the info, i want the staggered Y's and tips. my tips have started to rust inside, i wash my car a lot and i just leave it sitting without starting the engine so what little water gets in there doesn't evaporate. well i've learned my lesson.
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    Here ya go! I havent tried them but I bookmarked the site for possile later ordering http://www.ptwarehouse.com/index1.htm click on accessories and then interior---be sure to order the ones made special for the M
  • Options
    Ed Hanson (Ed Hanson Muffler) made those custom for me. He's based in the San Diego area and can be reached at (619) 698-7030. He installed Blonda's system too, using her tips. Last year when I had these done he said he'd charge $100 per side, which included the two chrome tips and the staggered Y-pipe. Since he does hundreds of cars per month you'll probably have to remind him what he did for me. :) Although I could never find them, he calls the tips "lexus tips", and he has them installed on his red PT Cruiser too. Keep in mind, however, that these tips are NOT stainless and are prone to discoloration and rust like you're already experiencing (although I don't have any rust yet..just discoloration on the inside lip)
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the 300m plaques weren't listed on the website. There was a special code with a "5" in it that indicated that it was the 5 inch plate instead of the smaller one. I feel like a doofus that I don't have all the paperwork right here.

Mike
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

Will this help?

#13513 of 15458 Air bag stickers. by uxca300m Feb 13, 2002 (08:22 am)I just talked to Ira again at PTwarehouse and he will make the labels in brushed gold with the Chrysler name and wing emblem in black as well as the silver backgound with black inserts and one with a black background with gold inserts.The labels will be 2-3/4"x 5" rectangular with rounded edges. As I had said before use the following catalogue numbers to order them as the web site still only shows the ones for the PT cruiser.

VISORSV-05 for silver

VISORBK-05 for black

VISORGLD-05 for the gold.

They are $16.00 a pair U.S. The site is at http://www.ptwarehouse.com/index1.htm

fastdriver
  • Options
    videoman1videoman1 Member Posts: 201
    The clock face is installed and you can check it out at http://www.martin-productions.com/300M/300M-clock.jpg

Thanks to toms99 and sdmike2, I went directly through the vent trim using a shoehorn. Getting underneith the thing was a lot easier than I thought, however, those clips are tight and it took some force to get the bugger off. But, I did it and the installation was a snap. Much easier than I anticipated.

Thanks again to Scott for sending the face. Now the second of many mods are complete. (First was a K&N Air Filter).

• Options
    Thanks for the tips on installing the wood trim. That may be my next mod once I get some extra cash.

I assume the best place to get the wood trim kit is from Joshua Tree Wood Trim. If not, are there any other places that are better?
  • Options
    You must be bored to go back that far. :)
  • Options
    Nice Taz! :)

I found about a half dozen places that will do wood trim kits, but having seen samples from three of them (I THINK there are only three kit manufacturers, but a lot of retailers) I went with Joshua Tree. I'm happy with my decision. They're actually the only ones I found that sell the real wood kits that match the factory luxury group. The others that I saw are synthetic.
  • Options
    sdmike2-

"You must be bored to go back that far. :)"

LOL... Nope. Took 2 minutes to find. Just sitting here with TH in the background while I'm playing Poppit at pogo.com in IE. When I hear the HORN blow in Netscape, I know there's a new message in TH! ;-)) Love this horn thingy!

fastdriver
  • Options
    beep beep!!! I wonder why mine doesn't beep.
  • Options
    sdmike2-

You don't have a MAC!!! ;-)))

Check your settings at the bottom of the Message Center page. Maybe you don't have the box checked to play a sound. It really is cool. Can you tell I like gadgets?

fastdriver
  • Options
    sdmike2-

Intermission at pogo.com. Did you check your settings? Thought I'd send this since TH is dead today. Hear any horns yet?

fastdriver
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    I know the post was a while ago, but about the wrecked trade-in. Think of it this way, we were in an accident but the car was deamed repairable. The title remained unchanged, the car went into the shop, and some 2 months later it came out exactly as if it had went in. You'd only have to disclose anything about the car if it had a bad title, i.e., R-title (or Rebuilt).

After our car was fixed, it was exactly the same as the minute before the wreck. Thus, being in the same condition it would be otherwise, there is nothing to disclose.

The dealer didn't ask because it doesn't really matter and we didn't tell for the same reason.
  • Options
    beach15-

Is that like the "Don't ask, don't tell" philosophy of the US Govt.?? ;-))

fastdriver
  • Options
    I understand you not wanting to disclose that the car was wrecked, as it will impact what you get in the trade-in. However, just think how pi33ed off the people that BUY that car will be after they find out that half of it has been repainted due to an accident. We have a poster here with the same issue. As for the car being "as it was before the wreck"....yeah...right. We listened to your post crash woes for weeks (seats, leaks, etc.). Seems it's hardly in pre-crash condition.
  • Options
    They can deliver the donuts to Mike at..... ;)
  • Options
    Buyer beware. That's why my father always told me that when you buy a used car, you buy someone else's problem.

What about the poor guy driving Christine in RI?? Should he have been warned about the $3,300 in warranty repair work in 33 months? The dealer would CERTAINLY be aware of that! ;-))

fastdriver
  • Options
    It's one thing for your car to have demons, it's another to be almost totaled in an accident. I consider a severely wrecked car to have a MUCH higher safety risk if nothing else. I guess that's one reason I don't buy used cars.
  • Options
    ...I forgot to add "beep beep"
  • Options
    sdmike2-

I see what you're getting at, but it works BOTH ways. WHEN was the last time ANY dealer sold a used car that they knew was in an accident and informed the customer of that fact?

If repaired by a reputable shop, it's no more of a safety risk than any other car on the road.

fastdriver
  • Options
    I guess we need to agree to disagree. Even reputable shops can miss things that can create safety or reliability risks. I agree with your comment about dealers.They're in it for the bucks too, and they won't do anything to jeoparize their ability to maximize profit.
  • Options
    sdmike2-

Haven't you ever known anyone who bought a brand new car only to find out later that it had been damaged in transit, repaired by the dealer and then sold as new? I've known two.

I understand your point too. Car dealers have brought on their own reputation. They have no one to blame but themselves.

fastdriver
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yeah, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was for a reason when we got rid of the M. Sometimes I do wonder about the next buyers of our car, and do understand why it might be a little aggravating to find out that the car you bought was once in a wreck. But come on people, cars are in wrecks almost every second of every day. Some are minor, some are worse, some are just bad. So really, you do have a high chance of buying something used that was once in a little mishap.

Sdmike- I don't consider our M to have been any kind of a safety risk. When something is restored to proper condition, there should be no safety concerns. Our car was no cut, glue, & paste job by any means, we know the people that worked on it and saw it before it was completely finished. And, as for the problems, yeah, most were there before. There was not a single new rattle, the front end still had a bit of a shimmy, etc., etc.. Boy, I knew I should have never said the word "problem" on this board!

And, if any of you are wondering, we hit 1k miles in the Avalanche today and don't have anything negative to report. It's still like cruising down the road in a big, mean-looking, luxury chariot. Plush ride, good handling, barely any road noise, no rattles...ahh, so nice.
  • Options
    beach15-

Isn't it "boring" to have everything work well? ;-)) Ah... like I've said before- boring, but reliable and NO dealers to deal with! So nice!

fastdriver
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Sometimes a brand new vehicle can have accident damage. Where a care comming off the truck was damaged or fell off.
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    You can get them from http://www.ptwarehouse.com/Index1.htm click on accessories (left side) and then Interior and you will see the Pt ones and some others. Not sure of the code, but you could Email then for the right type. I like the silver, but it would not go as good with my beige interior.
  • Options
    ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    sounds like a good policy to me

better than what I got - driving a stinking Dodge Stratus for a week and a half while waiting for my TL-S' tranny to be replaced and I don't know if the replacement tranny is going to last.
  • Options
    achanceachance Member Posts: 106
    Glanced at one of those Mopar mags that never has anything about anything built since '72 at the grocery store today. Saw an ad for Kenne Bell (www.kennebell.com) selling h/p chips for 300Ms. Anybody tried one?
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Well, after I made the service appointment for tomorrow the front passenger door lock started to function properly again. Weird. Well, I will try it til this afternoon and if it keeps working I will cancell the service appointment.

Added some graphics on the top of the windshield in the same Aurora Gold material that I used on the racing stripe. It now reads CHRYSLER 300 across the tinted area in 4" block letters, and the 300 is slanted forward slightly NASCAR style. I like it, but I also decided to adjust the size of the wipers blades down a couple of inches on each side so they would not scrape on it. We will see how it does. The wife says to stay away from her Eldo. Hey, it was a "self" birthday present as I hit the big 60 on Saturday. Beats gifts like white socks and underwear.
  • Options
    bigmike5-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like a nice present. Last year on my birthday, I bought myself a new car! ;-))

fastdriver
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Thanks. While waiting at the Auto Trim Design store a saleman for the local Dodge/Chrysler dealer came in to look at some "flames" for his lawn tractor!!! We got talking and I told him I might go for a Special if they would agree to put the Graphite paint used on the 300 Pro-Am on a Special for me. He said he would look into it. Graphite with the black ground effects and agate interior would probably sell me. Course, I am not sure how many of my mods would be transferable.
  • Options
    wire2wire2 Member Posts: 188
    >...Where a car coming off the truck was damaged or fell off.

Car carrier companies technically "buy" a car from the factory, transport it, then "sell" it to a dealer. They're fully responsible for damage in transit. They have insurance but, like the public, having to make a claim is a major hassle.
    Yes, they do have mishaps but they're extremely rare. Drivers risk their jobs for a moment of carelessness.
  • Options
    What I like most about the 300 ProAm is the two tone leather seats.
  • Options
    jab02lhsjab02lhs Member Posts: 122
    Mike, I have an '01 LHS with light taupe int. and put the silver plaques on, they look great the silver {actually looks more like brushed alum} fits in with the chrome rings on the gauges and is not as dark as the black would be. Also there is an 800# on the web site that I called to order, they knew exactly what I was talking about so there is no need to worry about pn. if you call.
  • Options
    jab02lhsjab02lhs Member Posts: 122
    Happy birthday, sure is good to see that age is not slowing you down. Ain't it great that now that as we get older we have the money, but more importantly the desire to buy the toys we wanted when we were young.
    I'm 55 and as the saying goes "I can't drive 55"
    Still waiting to be able to get a 300 HEMI-C
  • Options
    the donuts are on their way, you did want them hot right?
  • Options
    milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    Thanks for the info about the alternator belt. I was just wondering if the problem was unique to this M, and it looks like it is. Thanks again.
  • Options
    sel714sel714 Member Posts: 35
    Hello achance I went to the www.kennebell.com site you had posted on and can't seem to find anything about a performance chip?
    sel
  • Options
    300mmm300mmm Member Posts: 27
    I called DC and they informed my vehicle was not affected by any recall but were also kind enough to refer me to another number for a specific response regarding engine issue. That turned out to be the "Dispute Resolution Center". The woman there returned my call very quickly and was very pleasant. She checked my VIN and told me my vehicle was not affected. She said it is relevant to build date which I have to admit still makes me a bit nervous since my build date seems to be the same as another that was recalled but I have to trust what they say and assume my motor was not affected. Anyway, if you have a concern, you should call DC's recall center number first and they will guide you from there. That number is available as under "contact us" on the Chrysler website. They were very helpful.
  • Options
    Don't know if you saw wire2's post earlier, but it sounds like if you have a few hundred miles on the car without any problems you're likely to not have an issue. Maybe you need to get in your M and go for an 8 hour drive at about 90mph just to make sure things are good and hot under there. ;)
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    Happy belated b-day!...mine was Sunday!..the big 53(?).
    blonda: apparently my schweetie must have talked to someone about digitl camera, becuase she used the m(egapixel) word when she was talking about a digital camera. Personally, I don't plan on printing a heck of a lot of digital pix, want good camera for web stuff with 'occasional' printing when and if I wanted to. am leaning towards:
    *Nikon coolpix 995 - $445.00 Bank has one i play with occasionally-review cites difficult to navigate for novices-of which I am not.docking station: $49.95 w/lithium ion bat.)
    * Olympus Camedia c-3040 (but no rechargable bat's) $459.00
    Olympus D40 (4 megapixel) $521.00
    Kodak dx4900 (4 megapixel w /opt. docking station) $354.00 + docking station ($80.00)
    decisions, decisions.....IS megapixel THAT important if'n yur not printin' you pitchers out?
    My cheapo JamCam does an adequate job printing 4 x 6 pix off of my Canon S630 printer, so...any thoughts, opinions?

Confused,
    Doc
  • Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    See what happens when we don't have your Birthday on record .... you don't get a Birthday card from the 300M Enthusiasts Club.

Mike and Doc, we will have a belated BD card on the way to you shortly.

Just a small thing we like to do to make our members feel like family.
  • Options
    cmyers300mcmyers300m Member Posts: 206
    Sel714 - I believe achance is referring to an ad he saw. Kennebell's web site is not yet available. They do have an add for chip enhancement called 'optimizer II', for the M. I think it's $350. You have to send them your ECU so they can do the upgrade. I spoke with Kennebell some time ago regarding a supercharger for the 300M, they said they were looking into the possiblity. As far as a chip goes, I also talked to ASE who also upgrades the ECU as well, but other M owners said that all the data ASE collected for HP gain was not done by Dyno testing. It was all done on computer by estimating it. So I backed out on it.
  • Options
    Please see member profile, which contains scan of my driver's license (with birth date on license..) plus Playgirl biography. Listed below zodiac sign : Birthday: April 7

Hope all is well with you and p3!

Regards,
    One year older doc
  • Options
    videoman1: would be very interested to 'hear' if you get any improvement in performance/gas mileage with tornado. I while back I posted about possibly doing the same, and got severely singed for even considering the use of such a device...
    To all, saw a Dark slate gray 300m heading north on the Garden State Parkway on sunday (April 7th...) around 12:45 to 1:00pm. Tried like the dickens to catch up with it, as it had Massachusetts plates 4385 (?) with some kind of 300m club logo on the rear window close to the botom of the rear window. Was dis any of youse? Also carded several 300m's in the local Charlie Brown Beefery I took my mom and family to for my birfday.

Doc