Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    concertkeyconcertkey Member Posts: 59
    I went to the dealership to pick up my new SE-V6 on Saturday and found out that it had charcoal leather instead of the ash gray that I ordered six weeks ago. The dealer showed me a June production sheet that listed all silver SE's getting charcoal leather in the New York area. The dealer was hoping that I would buy the car anyway but I declined and asked them to re-order. Did anyone in the country purchase an SE-V6 Titanium/Ash Gray leather combination in the last four months?
  • Options
    blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    I feel your pain. I waited 13 weeks for my V6SE. I had deleted the stability control at the end of week one, but still got it. I didn't fight it as I had a very good deal & was unwilling to wait again. By the way, mine is black w/ charcoal leather and personally I prefer it over the ash gray. I think all of the titanium I've seen in OH had charcoal interiors. The interior did seem to cool down very quickly on some pretty hot & humid days last week.
  • Options
    jose1962_jose1962_ Member Posts: 22
    imin s fla i gota blue ribbon metalic with jbl blue tooth...mat and trunk set...electrochromatic mirror with garage door opener..i have had itnow for 3 weeks...had to preorder it took 6weeksto be delivered paid 25400.00 before tax tag and dealer fees,,,i got a fair deal considering there was no se'sv on the lot
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I could be wrong here, and don't have the time right now to check this out on the Toyota site.....but if I remember correctly from when I was purchasing, the "SE" in Titanium dictates the charcoal interior. The "LE" and "XLE" Titanium's have the ash grey.
  • Options
    SE's can get Ash or Charcoal, while the others get Ash & Bisque.
  • Options
    rico23rico23 Member Posts: 29
    25400??? do u know how much that came out to be otd??? i just got a quote for the se v6 with leather and jbl for 27200 otd, so i was just wondering if thats a good deal or not.
  • Options
    jose1962_jose1962_ Member Posts: 22
    27300 otd remember you need topurchase the mats..they do not come with the car tha otd price is with tax tag and title
  • Options
    catt926catt926 Member Posts: 9
    My parents are looking into either a Camry LE or SE V6 in the So. Cal area. I did majority of my research on the LE and have figured that if I can get an LE w/ mats & sunroof for somewhere in the range of $19,000's (+tax & lic) than that is a decent deal...am I right? I'm hoping to get it for $21,000 OTD.

Now, my dad decides he might want an SE V6 w/ leather. Can anyone give me a price range that would be considered decent for this model? Would an OTD price in the range of $25,000 be too high?? Or low?? I don't think he cares for the JBL or nav. I know it's month's end but it doesn't even seem that Toyota dealers around here care to make a sale...I guess Camry's just sell themselves. I appreciate any help...thanks!!
  • Options
    mharris813mharris813 Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone discovered that the Camry is only XM compatible, and does NOT have the receiver or antennae installed? I was very disappointed to learn that I will STILL have to purchase a receiver and have it installed! :mad:
  • Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    You didn't do your homework, read or ask the right questions then.

Sirius is an accessory also.
  • Options
    aznmaskaznmask Member Posts: 21
    how much you guys paid for the Camry 2007 LE V6? and with Leather?
  • Options
    mharris813mharris813 Member Posts: 20
    ...yes, this is the homework. We will order our TCH tomorrow morning. I've been testing an Acura TL, and they come with XM installed, and had expected that a Camry with XM would ACTUALLY have a receiver.... duh. We know what we get when we [non-permissible content removed]-u-me, don't we!

Just wanted to make sure that others catch this quickly, as the salesmen tend to gloss over the extent of XM....
  • Options
    And if you price a TL vs a comparable Camry, you'll see that you are paying for the XM receiver (buried in the total cost) in the TL.

Note to all: :surprise: The dealer has to activate the radio for you to get the free 90 day trial. As I already had five XM radios on my account, the dealer said I should just call to add the new one. Wrong! XM told me I had to have the dealer call to get the freebe.
  • Options
    moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    There is quite a difference between an LE I4 and a SE V6--I'm not sure anyone else would even be considering those 2 models with different engines. First figure out which engine or model you want and then figure out the other.
  • Options
    tankmastertankmaster Member Posts: 20
    I would call it a good deal. I paid $18600.+$198 doc fee. I added the auto dimming mirror with compass for $129.

I know that the dealer I bought from is not selling at $18600 anymore. They had money from Toyota in May to move some cars out to get exposure. Now, they come in and go out. They are lucky to have 3-4 Camrys on the lot on any given day and that is it.
  • Options
    mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    I am in the San Diego area. I just got a Highlander Hybrid for almost $4,000 off MSRP, $750 below invoice. I started looking on Monday and finalized it yesterday (Wednesday). I would recommend e-mailing or send an internet request to a bunch of So Cal dealers. Longo is prob a good one to send a request because they have a huge inventory. Fitzmall on the East Coast shows all their prices on their website to give you an idea of pricing.
  • Options
    phdigiphdigi Member Posts: 3
    Got my Camry Hybrid at MSRP from Royal Moore Toyota in Hillsboro, OR earlier this month and was very satisfied. They are a small dealership and sales people are very friendly w/o any sales pressure. I also got a very decent trade-in value from my old car (2001 Audi A4). The only glitch, if any, during the buying experience is that when signing the contract they offered an "appearance package" (an overpriced detailing job of applying paint sealant and fabric protection chemical; supposed to be done a few days later) that I chose but regreted the next day and wanted to back out. They agreed w/o hesitation and refunded the cost immediately. Hence I can say my satisfaction is 100%.
  • Options
    tolltoll Member Posts: 1
    How long does it take a Camry to arrive at a dealership after it is assembled? I was told that my Camry was to be made the week of June 19 but would not arrive at the dealer until July 20-28. When I told the dealer I was going to look elsewhere, a received a call the next day (June 28) saying that my car had arrived. The delaer is in Indianapolis - not far from Georgetown, KY.
  • Options
    stanyleestanylee Member Posts: 4
    Here are some initial quotes I got recently for a 2007 Camry CE automatic without any options in the San Francisco Bay Area.

All prices include destination charge.

City Toyota- Daly City: $18300 + TTL
    Fremont Toyota: $18600 + TTL
    Carsdirect price: $19100 + TTL
    Palo Alto Toyota: $19135 + TTL
    Melody Toyota- San Bruno: $18900 + TTL
    Hayward Toyota: $19235 + TTL

Hope this information is helpful to everyone!
  • Options
    Not sure if Indy is in the same region as Columbus, OH (Cincinnati region - some regions may operate differently), but I was told that some cars arrive the same day they are shipped. I'm not sure how long it takes from the production date till the shipping date, but my SE was built the week of June 5th (could have been anytime from the 5th to the 11th) and it arrived at the dealer on June 14th.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Mine arrived at the dealership 2 days before it was scheduled to be there (as per the Toytoa SET inventory scheduling system).
  • Options
    dhgdhg Member Posts: 9
    Please tell me what was the MSRP and invoice on that specific CE.
  • Options
    vhreb123vhreb123 Member Posts: 83
    Are there any incentives from factory to dealer on 07 Camrys? Are there any hidden cash back money for every Camry sold? How much was holdback for the Camry? :confuse:

*Need all the imformation I can get if I plan on negotiating for the lowest price! ;)
  • Options
    degdeg Member Posts: 14
    Do not think that any holdback or incentives on the 07. New model New body style for 07-no need for incentives. I guess you could get the Costco pricing if you want to deal with whomever the affiliated dealer is in your area.
    I Picked up my Barcelona Red TCH today. Has a total of 30 miles on it of which i put on 15 driving back from the dealer. I will take and post pictures tomorrow or 4th of July. Items of note - No Deposit, 2 months from date of order recvd-Duncanville Texas(D/FW area), Metroplex Toyota, Family run dealership where I worked with a Mom/Dad/Daughter team. Super to work with and no pushing at all. Wanted ME to be happy!!! A unworkable concept for some other dealers I have seen in the TCH forums.
    Price: $32,205 Including 2k IN TT&L. All items MSRP - Gold Pkg, Wind Shield, Sliding Arm Rest, Body Side Molding, Leather, Tint -- All Dealer installed. Heated Mirrors, Rear Spoiler, Mud Guards, Carpet, Moon Roof and Bridgestone Tires came with car. :):D:) My wives car is a Prius and I am a happy new TCH owner- :shades: TEX in the Metrplex!!
  • Options
    MSRP on a Camry CE is about $20,200. I would look at all the weekend ads and negotiate from that. Or use Carsdirect to give you a baseline. For instance, Camry LE, which has a MSRP of $1,000 more, cost about $700 more than a CE.

If you are willing to trek down to Southern California, you may try Longo Toyota. They sell about 5 times as many as any large Toyota dealer in Nor Cal (2,500 in May) and you can request an internet quote from them first. At CarsonToyota, their website quotes some specials. For instance Camry LE for $19,600.
  • Options
    vhreb123vhreb123 Member Posts: 83
    Is it possible to get a 07 CE Camry for under a TOTAL of $20,000, maybe even in low $19,000 or upper $18,000(which includes all fees, tax, and title)? Getting it around $17,000 is probably impossible.
  • Options
    mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Love that Barcelona Red deg (same as mine). Looking forward to seeing your pictures with the spoiler and gold package.

I still feel good--as far as I know, nobody else on here has paid as low as $900 under MSRP for a TCH, which is what I paid at Fitzgerald.
  • Options
    drtammanadrtammana Member Posts: 2
    hai
    iam dr suneel and iam looking forward to buy le camry 2007 can you please tell me where did you get this car for that price thanking you
  • Options
    drtammanadrtammana Member Posts: 2
    hai
    iam also interested in purchasing the same car can you plz tell me where did you get this deal and what are the options included in this price thanking you in advance awaiting for your reply
  • Options
    tweliyingtweliying Member Posts: 23
    You can find different regions(states) for Toyota market here. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/promos/ Put your mouse pointer on the state you are interested in. It will show which region you are in. :P
  • Options
    cool_guy20cool_guy20 Member Posts: 9
    thanks to the information and feedback i got from this forum i finally bought Black XLE 4-Cylinder with grey leather interior, Heated Front Seats, Vehicle Stability Control w/ Traction Control and carpet mats (MSRP $27,145) for $24,400 + TTL. its beautiful and is running great. :D
  • Options
    biyidsbiyids Member Posts: 3
    I live in Memphis TN but I got this SE (4 cylinder) package in Arkansas for $24,000 OTD. Do you guys think it is a good deal:

Silver Camry SE:
    The Extra Mile Option Package C
    Custom Tape Stripe
    Rear Spoiler.
    Cargo Net
    Trunk Organizer
    First Aid Kit
    Carpet Mat Set (5 Pc)
    Fabric Guard
    Rs 3200 Plus Security System
    Wheel Locks
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Trunk Mat
    Road Hazard Tire Warranty
    (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
    Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles
    Extra Mile Extended Life Tires
    (6 Yrs/100,000 Miles)

Vehicle Shield Package:
    Lusterizing Sealant
    Sound Shield
    Sealant Cleaner
    Rental Car Assistance
  • Options
    It was a great deal for the dealer.

He made $$$$$$$$$ on all the mucho profitable add-ons.
  • Options
    rockxprockxp Member Posts: 11
    Just wonder if anyone got the AM1 Automate alarm? Any feedbacks on this model?image
  • Options
    rockxprockxp Member Posts: 11
    Sorry about the above post. Im am still unable to figure out how to post a new message.

As for your question, I got an LE I4 at 19,600 plus my add on options and taxes. Most dealers I been to would only go low as 20,000 or 20,400.
  • Options
    Just a heads up for anyone in the San Diego area.

Mossy will have 5 Camry CE automatic available tomorrow for $16,944. You can go to their website and click special, then Toyota to see the ad.
  • Options
    skb123skb123 Member Posts: 13
    congratulations.
    will you pl tell us the name of the dealer from where you brought your new camry thanks
  • Options
    mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    A pricing example for the top of the line XLE V6
    MSRP = $28,100
    Dealer Invoice= $25,072
    Dealer Holdback = ($550)

True Dealer Cost = $24,522

Options also have a dealer cost. I think it will be 4-6 months before one will be able to negotiate for invoice (or below)

Mike
  • Options
    fightwaterfightwater Member Posts: 1
    after 3 days shopping, finally got one at tustin toyota ,ca
    they offer me an out of the door price for 20399, which is lower
    than all other dealer I contaced.

The dealer said it was made in Japan, don't know if it is a plus,
    since I feel most camry are made in US.
  • Options
    toyacctoyacc Member Posts: 4
    mine LE Auto I4 (no add-on) is priced at 18550 ( before a 400 graduate rebate). The car will be delivered in few days.

The dealer played a trick. I was only interested in one color and called different dealership for the availability. I was told that there was one just coming in. We stopped by immediately and reached a deal at 18700. While we were filling in the paperwork, we were told that the car was sold few minutes before. We were outraged and stormed out of the door. They called quickly and offered a price at 18550 which we could not resist. Hopefully we can get the car before the promised day. They told me that the car will arrive between July 6th and 10th. And it would be available before July 11th. Can i trust them?
  • Options
    cbear9494cbear9494 Member Posts: 9
    Question about peoples experiences with TCH waiting lists. We found a dealer with a short wait list and was quickly offered a white camry with cloth interior. We would like leather so I asked if we passed on this one what would happen. He said that we would then go to the bottom of the waiting list as they provided what we wanted (a Camry Hybrid) and we didn't want it. He said that this is typical of most Toyota dealers.

Does this match peoples experiences? Are we getting treated oddly? We'll probably take it after getting aftermarket seats installed. Not that picky on color but was hoping for something besides white in some ways.

Clearly the dealers have the upper hand here anyway because he knows that they will sell the car to someone. We're in a bit of a hurry to get a replacement vehicle

-c
  • Options
    Almost all 4 cyl Camry LE are made in Kentucky. To check, look at the VIN. If it begins with a "J", then it's made in Japan. It shouldn't really matter anymore whether its made in Japan or US. Before, most people wanted a Japanese made one becasue they thought it made better. As in the case w/ the V6 transmission problem, it impacted both the US and Japan built 2007 Camry's.
  • Options
    mnman69mnman69 Member Posts: 19
    I got my XLE V6 With Nav,traction,smart key at invoice.Be here next week.Black with Bisque
  • Options
    cool_guy20cool_guy20 Member Posts: 9
    took an internet quote from grossinger city toyota chicago.
  • Options
    iggy38iggy38 Member Posts: 5
    I just paid 22,300 for a SE Camry w/ Leather and Rear Lip Spoiler.
  • Options
    blondie7blondie7 Member Posts: 2
    We only have one Toyota dealership within 300 miles of Anchorage, Alaska and they are very proud of that fact. They will not deal. So I bought my LE V6, moonroof, TRAC, upgraded stereo, alloy wheels, security, rear bumper applique, trunk mats, ect..ect..ect.. for an even $25,000 in Vancouver, Washington. MSRP was $27,250ish. Even with the cost of $1300 to ship it up here I save a bundle as the bloosuckers in Alaska were asking $30,000 for the exact same car. The only thing I didn't get was my first choice in color of sky blue pearl. I was told by all dealers I spoke to that it would take an act of God to get that color in the Northwest division. (includes five states) She's a white one instead. With Bisque.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Hope they will not remember you when you need work done on your car.
  • Options
    ksk1ksk1 Member Posts: 7
    I live in New Jersey. One of the dealer gave me a price of $22,487.00 for 2007 Camry SE which includes
    It includes following options.
    1. Leather package
    2. Sun roof
    3. Rear spoiler
    4. Carpet Mats.

Could anybody please let me know if this is good or I need to still bargain.

Thanks much
  • Options
    aznmaskaznmask Member Posts: 21
    first i want to ask.. is it possible to get LE V6 with leather without the heat-seat?

I bought a Camry LE V6 $21,650(not include tax 5% and interest) (included the spoiler) from Boch Toyota.
  • Options
    EBAY or a local installer who buys the leather kit.