Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I also purchased from Pohanka. Very good sales representatives and a very pleasant experience. There were a number of people on this forum that went in together to get the best price... and I believe we did. I was asked not to post the price by Pohanka and will respect that request. However, if you push hard, you can get a great, and I mean GREAT deal from them.

I purchased the sport version with sport running boards, all weather mats, cargo tray and wheel locks.

I also received 4.59% financing through Honda Financial which the purchase. Find a credit union that has a great rate and simply quote that rate and ask if they can accomodate. Do it while you are in the finance office so that you are either walking away from the car that day, or they will come down and get very close.

If you are interested in our experience buying as a group, my email is available in this forum a few pages back.
  • Purchased 09 Tech+Ent from Pohanka Acura in late Feb.

As a returning customer I was treated pretty well. They matched and beat the best price I was offered from nearby dealers. It was end of Feb, slowest time of the year therefore I got a slightly better price than some of the numbers posted here in March.
    Also got a decent but not great deal on Roof Rails+Cross Bars+Body Side Moldings.

I would recommend Pohanka to anyone for good price and reasonable service.
  • arukaruk Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy MDX in 2 weeks in DFW area, Is there any one recently bought from Dallas, DFW area.

I appreciate if you reveal the Best Deal for Tech + Entertainment Package

Thanks
  • xpgincxpginc Posts: 3
    Looking to lease 09 MDX Sport w/Ent. Currently have a 2 quotes for 42100 includes destination. Money factor on lease of .00215 with 47% residual at 10000 miles. $1200 down and payments of $738 36mo. Have not seen and MDX's configured this way on this forum. Is this a good price?
    Thanks
  • polarsandpolarsand Posts: 23
    I think the the residual is a bit low for 10K miles/year. I have seen people getting 52% residual value/36 months lease.
    That is what I was thinking, but they said the higher trim lines have poorer residual than the base model. Have you seen and thing from honda finance regarding current residuals?
  • polarsandpolarsand Posts: 23
    I have seen 52% on tech/entertainment but to have it it dropped to 47% on the sport trim seems steep IMHO.
  • I got a quote from a local dealer in the Chicagoland Area for $38,868 for an 09 MDX Tech (price before destination and ttl), should i jump on it?

Tks
  • jpneedcarjpneedcar Posts: 11
    Hi microfilter,

Do you know how much is the doc fee in your area. I've heard in California it is less than $100. For the same package in NJ, I am getting $39, 500 w/ destination. And with Roof Rails, Sport running board, body Molding and All season Mat for $40, 500K + doc ($185) + TTL.

Thanks
  • nat0nat0 Posts: 10
    Hi,

Can you please email me the price or the offer from the Pohanka dealer, I am trying to get a base MDX in NJ

Can go to VA if good price...

sapconsultant2009@yahoo.com

Appreciate it...

Just in case it is the Tech, let me have that as well, might settle in for that
    email me at so that we can pool together to get good prices, time is running out...only 4 days left. Think we may not get the same deals next month based on my experience on search for 09 RX 350 in lieu, none of the dealers have it and the few who have 1-2 pieces left wanted to sell at a margin.

So if we want it, think taking chances for next month may be a bit risky

• rnh204rnh204 Posts: 3
    Hi,

Just purchased my MDX Tech for $39,500 (including Destination), excluding is $38,740. It came with all weather mats, all weather truck tray, and wheel locks. I purchased from Paragon Acura from Steven Deng (who was relatively honest). I have to say there are quite a few sales men at Paragon there that are very dishonest.

I was originally going to go with another board member to buy and we were promised a deal of $38,740 INCLUDING destination, but as soon as I got there, they told me I must have heard the wrong thing. Plaza Auto Mall tried to entice the other board member to go by saying they could beat the $39.5K from paragon, but as soon as he got there, they said, whoever told you that gave you bad information.
  • I am sick of all the people on this site and others like it talking about how little you are paying for these NEW Acuras. You are what's driving dealers out of business in this country. Dealerships have a right to make a profit on the product that they are selling. If they didn't they would all just go under and this country's economy would sink even further into the crapper. I have bought my share of new and used cars and have always been fair when negotiating prices. Fist of all, the "holdback" should NEVER be touched. That money all goes to pay for overhead and should never even be brought up. There are also several people, like the sales person and sales manager, who need to be paid.

When here are dealer incentives, like $2000 in dealer cash, paying invoice or $500 under is a "fair" price.

Think about what you are doing when you are buying a car and remember that Karma's a Bith(.
    Carguy - good point, however knowing all that facts going in help to weed out the underhanded dealers. Knowing the residual and money factor, dealer invoice etc is important. I am happy to see a free flow of information, sites like this have been up for years and it seems we still have plenty of good honest auto dealers out there.
  • jdyahoojdyahoo Posts: 5
    xxcarguyxx,

Shut up. The dealer has the right to say "NO" to any offer. Consumers have a right to get the best deal they possibly can.

Best Regards
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    Now, now.. everyone is entitled to their opinion..

As misguided as it may be... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• chris_kchris_k Posts: 4
    Just got an MDX Tech from David McDavid in Plano. It was a wonderful buying experience. The New Car Sales Manager (CS) was very professional and is a man of his word (believe me, I tested him trying to get a better deal at other dealerships). There are 3 other dealers in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and McDavid had the best price. Our sales rep (DJ) did a great job showing us the features of the car and setting my wife up with her customized features and blue tooth.

The price I paid was a very good deal. I don't think any of the DFW dealers are going to get to the $38,400 range as others have talked about in different parts of the country, but you should be able to get a car for the high $39,xxx's.

A couple of words of caution about the MDX supply in DFW. The Acura dealership in Austin just got hit by a massive hailstorm (golf ball sized, smashed in moon roofs, etc...). When we closed on the car today there was a big truck that was loading up to ship Acuras down to the Austin dealership. This will limit the supply a bit. The sales rep at Goodson told me that Honda suspended making MDXs in January in order to keep the prices relatively higher by not having an over supply. The Goodson rep told me that he had very little inventory, and that the list of cars on his website was a virtual list. He said that if there is not a VIN number next to the car on the website then they don't have that car. He seemed to imply that the DFW dealers were pulling from the same inventory. McDavid's website has VINs on their cars so I suspect that they have the cars in stock. I guess this is a long way of me saying that if you want an MDX, then buy it now because the supply is only going to dwindle and there is no guarantee that Acura will keep up the $2k dealer cash.

The Ft. Worth dealer was cheesy and seemed to be playing games like offering a program car with 5000 miles for the same price they said they would give me a new car. The Arlington dealership didn't have a very good price and didn't want to deal.
  • tlgoodstlgoods Posts: 5
    I am interested, and would purchase MDX tech this week for the right price... Looking to purchase from Ramsey Acura.
  • klenjklenj Posts: 23
    See Daniel Schapiro at Acura of Ramsey, he is the best car salesman I have dealt with in North Jersey.
  • kd55kd55 Posts: 6
    I'm in the DC/MD/VA area and will be shopping for MDX w/ a tech/entertainment pkg. Looking for recent prices w/ area dealers. Also, is the sport package better then the technology?
    Have these prices from dealer in NJ, assume includes destination though not specified. Also noticed that NY has doc fee limitation of $50, whereas NJ dealer sounded like $399

The prices below are pretty much like 15% off MSRP

MDX $41,750
    $35,570

MDX Tech $45,800
    $38,942

MDX Tech w/Ent $47,550
    $40,529

MDX Sport w/Ent $49,650
    $42,434

If 2-3 of us can pool in, I am sure with the month end we can get a great deal here, send me email, contact phone details so that we can coordinate.

• jpneedcarjpneedcar Posts: 11
    Hi klenj, nat0,

I've got the best deal so far in NJ on 09 MDX Tech is $39.5K including destination. (dealer charges $189 doc fee on top of that). After adding accessories: Sport RB, Roof Rails, Body Moulding, All season mat and possibly wheel locks (still bargaining on wheel locks), best I am getting is 40.5K.

If you think that we can get $38, 942, I can also join with you guys. I am planning to go to my dealer today(Precision acura, Princeon). Let me know asap. I can be reached at jpoojari@hotmail.com. Thanks
    Hi jpneedcar, tlgoods

Klenj if you can join in, give us your email or send me email at sapconsultant2009@yahoo.com

Jpneedcar, Sending email and my contact, call me lets keep it towards bit later in the day.

I too have prices from Thomas and has contacted today for me to come in, the price you have on tech looks higher by $700. The $38, 942 for tech is on email and I am sure it can be negotitated for another $500 or so

We should target 38K inclusive of destination and doc fee for tech and I am targeting 35K for base, though currently open to tech also, lets see how much closer we can get

I have competitive offers from Plaza and another delaer near philly. I am going to call Daniel at Ramsey too and we can go for the best deal
    Thank you klenj, looks you had a great deal from Ramsey and some other folks in the forum also seem to be indicating of good offer from there. Will call him
    jpneedcar,

I have sent you email and my phone. call me and we can coordinate
  • jyao888jyao888 Posts: 32
    Hi nato,
    I just join this forum but had watch this price forum since last December.
    Acura Ramsey offered my MDX base model for 33,995 plus 0.9% financing last December. No sure inclu. Destination or not. But they never want to provide prices for any other model over internet or phone to me. It's look like they still have best price so far in north NJ (?).

I had prices from DCH Monclair and not satisfy. They seams have the best service and keep touch with me. I am looking for Costco member price from them.
    Their price as below: Incl Des. (not yet negociate----much have better price than these):
    MDX BASE: 34821
    MDX TECH: 39299
    MDX TECH +DVD: 40790
    I ask price Sport + DVD: 41,500 (they refused).

Let me know if you really get close to 38K for TECH or 40K for Sport.
    Also looking for LPR 2.9 or less (?)
    Jyao,

3 of us have connected in the group. with you it will make it 4.

I am also looking for APR of 2.9 or less. Would be making the calls to 2 dealers to see where we stand. Ramsey will be the 3rd dealer and I have had no contact initiated yet with them, since you are already in touch with them, perhaps you can talk to them again.

Better to get prices on all models as well as % discount on MSRP, that way it will help with anyone trying to add accessories. Target on 17.5% off MSRP as already we have 15% without negotiation

Also send me your contact details on sapconsultant2009@yahoo.com and we can connect
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Posts: 11
    Hi nat0,

I'm also looking for a good deal on MDX base or tech. I would like to join in. I already emailed you my contact info.

Which part of NJ are you shopping at?

Thanks.
  • mlinnymlinny Posts: 6
    Although my current lease is not up until the end of June, If you can negotiate a base model down to around 35K with 2.9% over 60 months, I would be interested in joining in. I live on Long Island, but would make the trip.
  • gco13gco13 Posts: 20
    I have an verbal for a 2008 MDX Tech Ent with 9k miles. $35k. What do people think?