Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bradpennockbradpennock Member Posts: 32
    He was gonna charge me $1,581 (invoice price) + $100 profit for the regular Gold warranty. When I asked about the Gold Preferred, he mentioned the navigation and stereo and the higher final total price of $1,985, which I paid (there wasn't any sales tax charged as far as I know).

I just found this Nissan warranty brochure and it defines more of what is covered (although I still haven't found the definitive list on any document so far):
    http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/owning/Gold.pdf

I am reading from the above brochure that the Gold Preferred does cover "68 additional audio/video components" as well as "20 high wear components including belts and hoses." But again, I haven't found the definitive list of WHAT those specific components are.
  • Options
    thereal411thereal411 Member Posts: 16
    I notice on the brochure that next to the bullet point 68 more A/V, etc it says "DVD".

It says the gold plan includes video or navi display and sat radio.. I'd say you were misled unless they can tell you specifically what the $300 more for preferred is going to be.
  • Options
    kaisokaiso Member Posts: 4
    This maybe of some help to you.The latest news articles on cars sales came out yesterday April 3.2008.All cars sales plumeted by 12% in the month of March 2008 as compared to the Month of March 2007.The only car maker that showed an increase in sales was Volkswagen You can read the full articles in the New york times or go online to automotivenews.com.
  • Options
    I was thinking I was probably a bit harsh on how the finance manager was dealing with me. After all, it is MY responsibility to be sure I know what I'm buying. If I don't understand anything, I only have myself to blame. I talked with the salesman today and he said that with the Nissan warranty, it covers everything except for a small list of exceptions. He also said he'd have the finance manager mail me that list, since I didn't leave the lot with one after purchasing the Gold Preferred extended warranty. Oh, have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my '09 Murano? :-)
  • Options
    omegadirectiveomegadirective Member Posts: 12
    Based on many posts, it appears that the end of the month may be the best time to negotiate a killer deal. I am looking for an '09 Murano and am about to make first contact with the internet departments of the many dealers in my area (central Wisconsin). Should I wait till the end of the month?????
  • Options
    bobh7bobh7 Member Posts: 4
    I've been checking out this forum for a few months and been contacting my local Nissan dealers for Murano $$$'s. But to be honest the more I read about 1st generation tranny problems the more I'm leaning toward Toyota/Honda products. My '00 Maxima has been decent yet ate through 5 sets of front rotors, a slipping tranny but nothing else major with 136k on the clock.

So I'm a little trigger shy of pulling it on another Nissan. I'm a gizmo nut and when you compare the Murano to better mpg CR-V/RAV 4/Rogue they've got little to offer.

I'm going to pull the trigger and a couple of weeks and need to make a decision ASAP.

Perhaps a nice incentive or low APR could sway me back to Nissan???
  • Options
    bobssledgebobssledge Member Posts: 1
    Had my Murano about a month now and am a first time Nissan buyer....Get one. Looked at the Highlander and CRV and have no regrets. The luxury of the Nissan is way beyond either the Toyota or the Honda.
  • Options
    cubuffcubuff Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2009 Nissan Murano SL a few weeks back and it doesn't take much to get one below invoice, especially if you are not too picky about int./ext. colors. I think all the car dealers are hurting right now and will be willing to negotiate. Considering the 2009 Murano was a brand-new re-design, I wasn't expecting to get it for below invoice but it was quite easy when contacting multiple dealers in the area via the net. Getting initial quotes over the net is the only way to go, and doing this towards the end of the month is best I think. You should be as specific as possible when requesting quotes, what options you want and don't want, etc. I went and test drove the Highlander, Pilot, and the Camry, Altima, and Accord as well. All the dealers really wanted my business. I liked some of the other cars but the Murano was the most fun to drive and fit/finish inside is head and shoulders aboveToyota and Honda. I was a bit skittish about buying a Nissan for the 1st time, as they tend to have a hot or miss reliability but since it was based on the Altima sedan which has high marks I figured it was pretty safe (and the 07 was rated fairly high too). I was able to get 4.89 APR financing for 63 mos. from a credit union as Nissan isn't offering anything great right now as far as incentives on the Murano.
  • Options
    cscardycatcscardycat Member Posts: 11
    I found dealing with the internet sales person via email was a great way to buy my 09 Murano. I started emailing at the beginning of March ;which gave me a chance to contact other dealers for price comparsion. However, I did not purchase until the last day of the month and felt I got a great deal on trade and on my Murano.
    My finance rate is not great, as someone mentioned there are no incentives on the financing so check other banks. I checked with other banks but never committed to one assuming the rates from Nissan couldn't be that bad--it was 6.9%. Now I am looking back at the banks for a re-finance before my first car payment.
  • Options
    suebeeleesuebeelee Member Posts: 2
    Totally agree. We just purchased a 2009 Nissan Murano SL this weekend for $600 below invoice in Southern California. Internet really is the only way to go, just make sure you know exactly what you want and do your homework. The dealer gave me their best price from the get-go so there was no haggling involved. No other dealers were willing to beat that price. Also the Internet/Fleet Manager I was dealing with was super nice and accomodating so the decision was easy for us. I also waited until the end of the month to start my inquiries. The whole quote gathering/back and forth process with all the dealerships took a little longer than expected so I was a little worried that the dealership we decided to go with wouldn't honor their pricing after the end of the month but they kept to their original pricing.

All in all it was a great car-buying experience. As long as you go in fully prepared and take the time to do your research it should be a relatively smooth process.
  • Options
    nl1777nl1777 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone experience there vehicle rolling backwards when they are on a hill with the brake on then the light turns green you take your foot off the brake and proceed to place your foot on the gas and before you know it you are rolling backwards. This does not seem normal. Other vehicles i have owned would hold still until you proceed forward with gas. Is this a problem with any one else. I think its dangerous or is it just me. I just picked up my new 09 LE murano on Friday. I love it otherwise.
  • Options
    johnthjohnth Member Posts: 4
    I am leaning toward the 2009 Murano for a number of reasons. I like the way they changed the front and back lights this year and when putting the options on I want it is a better deal than the Highlander which I also considered. I have sent a request for a quote to two dealers and am waiting for their reply. How much difference can I expect to pay from an internet quote and out the door price? Is the internet price usually the best price I can get? My next problem is finding the one that I want. Or should I say my wife wants. She is set on the Glacier Pearl color with the Bose stereo system (the premium package). And that is all we want. The problem I have seen in looking at the dealers is I can get the color with premium but also included is the leather seat package which jumps the price up more than I want. I know they make them with the package I want but so far no luck finding one in Glacier Pearl.
  • Options
    I picked up my Murano on Monday and found it does the same thing! Doesn't seem normal to me but I wonder if it has anything to do with the CVT trans??
  • Options
    I feel the internet/email price was better, one dealer did not honor their internet price and claimed there were all other fees that would be added onto that. This was obviously a sales tactic. I found the larger dealers honored their internet price (the one that didn't was a smaller/lower volume dealer).
    I endend up with 2 dealers that I thought were offereing me the best prices; I got one price quote that was $1000 under invoice and another that was $1500 under invoice. I don't have the paperwork right in front of me but I think I paid tax about $1700, doc ~$150, title ?, plate transfer~83?...(taxes were adjusted for my trade).
    I also considered the highlander but felt the Murano was better sized, more sporty, and more "modern".
  • Options
    Wow, so you were able to get an 09 SL Murano for $1500 UNDER invoice??? The dealer holdback is around $938 under invoice (for all the gizmos) so you were tapping into the profit the owner paid Nissan for the fleet of cars. It would be great if you could post all the options of your car, the price you paid, and how you were able to get your price so low. Thanks!
  • Options
    i am going to contact my dealer today to find out if this should be happening. I was wondering if it had anything to do with AWD. I always had a 4 x 4.I will let you know what I find out.
  • Options
    dannyodannyo Member Posts: 9
    That's phenomenal, and I hope the sign of a pricing trend.

Please share all the details with us, and the name of the dealer. That kind of price may be worth a trip!!
  • Options
    mike274mike274 Member Posts: 35
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been looking at new 2007 Murano's in the New York area and what prices they are seeing. Thanks
  • Options
    bkanskybkansky Member Posts: 14
    Where is the dealer that gave you the price so low under invoice?
  • Options
    thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    I think it just bears mentioning that you can't read too much into what people are paying, especially when a trade is involved. It is very easy for a dealer to give you a "great deal" on the new car, but really just be moving numbers from a trade.

I just don't want everyone thinking that dealers give Muranos away at $1500 below invoice every day. There's something else going on in that deal (i.e. a trade) that affects what the numbers really are.

Just some food for thought!

-thene :-)
  • Options
    cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    Something isn't right here. There is no way that a dealer will go $1000 to $1500 under invoice. Are you sure it is invoice or MSRP?
  • Options
    I got an SL AWD
    Dual Panel Moonroof
    Premium package
    tech package
    Navigation
    Leather
    Splash guards
    Cross bars
    Floor mats (amazing you have to pay for floor mats)
    & wheel locks
    I pd $33,245 (-all the tax, title, etc)
    I know inovice was $34, 764 (without the wheel locks)
    I had a trade so I am sure that helped, also bought it on March 31st, last day of the month and quarter and from a large dealer that was trying to have the most sales in the region. I did the deal over the internet for the price of the car and worked on the trade when I actually showed up. Hope this helps,
  • Options
    MSRP (window sticker) was $38, 180
    I pd $33, 245
    Invoice is $34, 764
    + I had a trade so there was money to be made there.
  • Options
    You are correct, the trade had a lot to do with it, however, the price of the murano was set before I walked into the dealer. I did research Edmunds, Kelly blue book, Carmax and local market for my trade value as not to get completely jipped by the dealer. I know anytime you trade in a car you are losing and there is money to be gained by the dealer from the trade.
  • Options
    tHello,
    There were 2 dealers that had the great prices, Rosen Nissan in Gurnee IL and Woodfield Nissan in Schaumburg IL. I contacted both dealers via the internet and went back and forth on prices and options via email.
    I did shop for the Murano when they first came out, no one wanted to deal and wanted sticker price. Now in the area, there are more 09s out there and the dealers seem more willing to deal. ..of course some more than others.
    I have walked away from deals that I weren't what I wanted to pay and was willing to keep doing that until I got a price I thought was reasonable.
    In the forums, some ask when is the best time to buy; it seemed for me the last day of the month and quarter was the best. I had dealers calling me that last weekend asking when I would come in. So in the chicago area, it seemed the dealers (well some) were willing and able to sell at what seems like a great deal. I think the times are changing as more 09s are available the more the dealer may be willing to deal.
    I felt the key to finding the right deal at the right time was to be patient, contact mutliple dealers via internet , and be willing to walk away if wasn't what I really wanted, and I moved onto the next dealer.
    I am sure my trade had something to do with my deal, however, the price of the trade was not discussed until I actually walked in to see if the dealer would honor their prices. Someone mentioned the dealer hold back is close to $1000, so that may be why some can do that.
    Hope this helps.
    I did shop around and drove many vehicles, dealt on a few(besides the murano) and walked away. I saw what all these dealers wanted to give me for my trade and researched the value. --I am sure the dealer still made some good money off me.
  • Options
    I'll be interested in what they say...please do post their response
  • Options
    fmayberryfmayberry Member Posts: 33
    It seems that Nissan was offering some dealer incentives / assistance that the public is not aware of. I too boought at the end of March. While I didn't get the kind of deal cscardycat got, at the end of March there were a number of dealers offering $500-600 below invoice with the rest at invoice. This is in a market where earlier in the month dealers were talking a $1,000 above invoice or even worse, a $1,000 off MSRP. So given the number of dealers willing to go $500-600 below invoice, a dealer who wants to hit a number might let a vehicle go at close to their cost. That would make a deal at $1,000-1,500 below invoice possible if Nissan was putting $600 on the table and the dealer gave up most of the holdback.
  • Options
    thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    cscardycat,

and that's fine. I just don't want people thinking that the deal can be made without a trade, and im sure the dealer went on a limb to assume you had one, and that money could be made there, which is why they gave you the price they did.

i would be willing to bet that at this time, a dealer will not give a $1500 under invoice deal on a person who is not trading anything in, unless Nissan has some volume incentives that they are close to reaching.

i used to sell cars, don't any longer, and considered myself to be very honest and up front with my customers. i left, because i got tired of being the "bad guy (or gal, in my case)" without people really knowing how i operated. it was kind of hard day in and day out to have people just hate you because of what you did as a job.

so im speaking from experience on both sides of the desk - and hope that people sometimes take a half a second and treat the salesperson with respect. i think that if you know what a good price is, know what your trade is approximately worth, and go in and be friendly but firm and knowledgable with the salesperson, without being confrontational - you could probably get a great deal everytime - and a pleasurable experience to boot!

too many people are scared and confrontational and it just becomes a very miserable experience, and it really shouldn't be.

cs - sounds like you did good for yourself - enjoy the murano!!!

-thene :-)
  • Options
    suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    I have the exact same problem on my 2008 Acura RDX. Its not much noticeable on an even surface but on a hill its scary. I have to look on my rear view mirror to see how close the car behind is.
  • Options
    beluschbelusch Member Posts: 9
    Philosopher1,

You are getting ripped off!!! I live in the Salt Lake City surrounding area. I just purchased a 09 Murano SL AWD with Tech, Prem, Leather, Moon roof, Splash, Illuminated kickplates, Cargo Protector... MSRP $36,515 Dealer $33,328 Holdback 3%, I managed to get all of the hold back as I put two dealerships against each other for my business. One just wouldn't be undersold or I got 2 years free service for the vehicle. Now that's service. Other details of my deal... I leased the vehicle for $546/mon through NMAC. MF .00029 Residual 53% or about 18,900. After haggling back and forth I didn't have to put any money down, waived security fee, rolled the document fees and first payment in to the lease. Result again... $546/mon, 39 mon lease, 12000miles including taxes and fees.

I see your options and the vehicle that you are looking at has an invoice of $36,438.
    There are a couple choices that you can make in this area:

1. I was told by Tim Dahle Nissan Southtown that they will honor the Costco Deal of 1% above invoice as they pricematch but this is still not the best deal out there. This turns out to be about $500 over invoice. I didn't even have to haggle this price, they told me this directly over the phone when I asked what kind of price I could get.

2. Stay away from the Murray store.

3. Contact Ken Garff, when I contacted them, I talked with a gentlemen by the name of Arken... His first quote to me on the phone was invoice for the vehicle. They were very professional. Arken was busy at one point so they gave me to their GM, he actually quoted me higher prices and would indicate he couldn't get me the car I wanted. The next day, Arken called me back and says I saw the prices my GM gave you, let's go back to the other numbers and continued to deal. Now there are a couple banks and credit unions that appear to be having some deals on the leases with purchases avg about 5.5% for good credit.

4. I pittted Ken Garff against Christopher Nissan in Bountiful, they have a motto, they will not lose a deal over the price. I will tell you what, they lived up to that expectation and more!! It basically came down to a point where Arken said he recommend taking the other deal, Christopher Nissan had won this battle....
    Talk with a salesman Steve or Rex, good guys to work with, they will be straight up with you. This is where I ended up purchasing my vehicle. Only after 2 calls and still working things back and forth, Christopher went ahead and brought the car to their lot that I wanted. It's funny, it happened to be the same one that I looked at at Tim Dahle. They were ready for us when we got up there, finalized the paperwork which seems like an eternity, drove off happier than I could be. After driving the Murano for the past week, I do not miss my Maxima.

Good Luck!!! :shades:
  • Options
    My deal was made at the end of March. A comment that was made to me by our salesman and the sales manager since we could not take possession of the cars until April 1st was that they still had time to submit the paperwork to Nissan for March or the Nissan 50th Anniversary sale (one of the two). So although I did get most of the holdback, I am sure they were on an incentive plan from the factory. The more cars they sold, the bigger kickback they would get as a bonus. I have heard this ranges between about $500-1000 so the dealer is always going to make money on the deal. Nissan advertising for a vehicle is about $200 for each vehicle as an FYI....

But the comments that are being made are correct... Do your homework? Know the MSRP and Invoice of everything, options, etc. Call multiple dealers, ask for salesmanagers, not just for sales. Don't just get internet offers, these usually are not the best deals, but could be a good starting point. Call them!! It is so much easier to make a deal over the phone than in person. This all makes for a smooth transaction without having set foot on the showroom floor. I hate the "let me talk with my manager while you wait for 15 minutes for a number." When that happens, I walk out... Don't waste your time!! Know what you can afford and be realistic.

Looking for leasing information and residuals, use leasecompare.com and check out their forums. They may be able to actually find the car you want at the best rates and payments... Want an idea what's available for financing look at bankrate.com. BTW, make sure you test drive the car, but do it at a dealership you know you are not going to buy from..... If they know you love it, you are history!!

From lease compare.com, March leasing information....

Nissan Motors Acceptance Corp Lease Programs – Effective 3/08

Special bank lease programs for these models are available through LeaseCompare.com. Click on the vehicle name for more information and to see payments details.

2009 Nissan Murano S AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Compare Lease Payments for Used Nissan Models HERE

Use the following formula to calculate a lease payment:

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

NOTE: These lease programs are provided by dealer partners of LeaseCompare.com and are for reference only. Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate. To make sure you are getting the best lease, compare these rates through an independent leasing source such as LeaseCompare.com.

Here is a great online publication about leasing: Auto Lease Insider.
  • Options
    I called the dealership today and asked to speak with service. I told him my concerns and he said not to worry. It is normal for this to happen. He said something about the weight of the vehicle will sometimes make this happen. So I dont know if this is true. I will try to avoid big hills or keep one foot on brake and other on gas when this happens. Any thoughts please let me know. He said there is no such thing as hill-hold
  • Options
    senthil_msenthil_m Member Posts: 1
    2009 Murano SL FWD
    - Technology Package
    - Navigation System
    - Leather Package
    - Dual Panel Moonroof
    - Premium Package
    Quoted price $33,000 - This is almost the invoice price..has anyone got a better deal than this.? I relalize this is not the ideal time to shop for a new car.
  • Options
    yodamilesyodamiles Member Posts: 2
    I received the following quotes from a local dealer..

2009 Murano SL FWD
    - Technology Package
    - Navigation System
    - Leather Package
    - Dual Panel Moonroof
    - Premium Package
    - Splash Guards and Floormats
    OTD Price - $34,088.30 (this includes 6.5% tax and new tag)

I also received this quote from the same dealer on the LE (I'm still torn between the SL and LE)

2009 Murano LE AWD
    - Dual Panel Moonroof
    OTD Price - $37,779.22 (this includes 6.5% tax and new tag)
  • Options
    Here is what Southern States Nissan in Raleigh NC offered...

2009 Murano SL FWD
    - Technology Package
    - Leather Package
    - Iluminated Door Sills
    - Premium Package
    OTD Price - $31995 (this includes 3% tax and new tag)
  • Options
    willsgrillwillsgrill Member Posts: 5
    You had a trade and you are sure that "helped?" What was the price of the car, minus dealer prep, taxes, etc., and minus the trade. Those figures will tell you how much under invoice you paid. Gee, if I counted my trade in the deal, I could state that I got my Murano for $3,000 under invoice, but that would not be factual.
  • Options
    bmr123bmr123 Member Posts: 60
    546 a month you couldve gotten a Acura MDX which is a far superior car. The lease deals on this car are horrible. Your better off just financing it.
  • Options
    Actually, I'm paying 525 a month for a finance on a 09 SL AWD with moonroof and leather. So I'm paying less and i'll end up owning the car. Leasing this car is a ripoff since you could get a luxury car for the same money.
  • Options
    I don't even know how you could be paying $525 a month for a fully loaded SL AWD, as I indicated in my list of options. So give us the details..... How long was your note, 6 or 7 years? How much did you put down? $3000-5000 What was your interest rate? 4-7% How about the OTD cost of the car? I could throw out I paid $525 a month for a car and criticize other deals, but unless you can back it up with some numbers, I don't buy it!! You either had a trade, put alot of money down, or took out a long term loan.... Since there are no incentives or decent interest rates out there, I am assuming you are paying anywhere between 4-7%.

I too would prefer purchasing vehicles but I have learned one thing about buying vehicles, they are not an investment nor an asset, they are depreciating faster than any loan can pay down unless you are taking a 48 month term. Even at 60 months, the only way to get any equity out of the vehicle is you have to wait until that last 1-2 years... I tend to turn cars over more frequently than that, so leasing is a good way to go!
  • Options
    Let's do the math on this one:

09 Murano SL FWD + Tech + Premium + Leather + Door Sills + Splash Guards + Floor Mats = $32,377 invoice, $35,500 MSRP

Nissan has a 2% holdback from MSRP ($35,550 x 2%) = $647.54

So rock bottom price could be $32,377 - $647.54 = $31,729.46

Then you say you paid 3% tax, which I'm assuming is sales tax, and tags which we'll round off to be $250, which works out to be $31,729.46 + 3% tax ($951.88) + $250 = $32,931.34

Since you said you paid $31,995, which includes tax and tags, I can only deduce that you paid about $1,000 UNDER the dealer holdback amount for the car.

Now my question to you and everyone is.. HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO PAY SO MUCH BELOW THE DEALERS COST OF THE CAR??? :-)

Here is what Southern States Nissan in Raleigh NC offered...
    2009 Murano SL FWD
    - Technology Package
    - Leather Package
    - Iluminated Door Sills
    - Premium Package
    OTD Price - $31995 (this includes 3% tax and new tag)
  • Options
    I get what you are saying but the price on the murano was set before I even walked in the door. So there was no price negotating on the murano.
    The trade...no I am not counting toward the mark down of the car. The paperwork lists out all the prices murano price - trade. Many posts mention the dealer hold backs, etc and others have listed their price close to mine, so it is possible. I am sorry if what I wrote does not make sense...but I did the numbers and it works out.
  • Options
    musky300musky300 Member Posts: 7
    State Sales Tax in North Carolina is 4.25% according to what I've seen, not 3%. Something just isn't right with those numbers.

I've contacted two dozen dealerships in two different states over the past few weeks going back and forth. $500 under invoice is the absolute lowest I have gotten.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    ncdot.org

Dealer Sales:

If the vehicle is purchased from a Dealer or a Leasing Company, the tax is 3% of the purchase price, less any trade in credit. A bill of sale must accompany each application.

Casual Sales:

Vehicles purchased from anyone other than a dealer must pay a 3% tax based on the vehicle's value according to a value table maintained by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    max47max47 Member Posts: 1
    you must be full of pooh,pooh! you can't tell us the deal because it was too good? thought this was the purpose of the forum.probably got ripped off on your deal.let me say i paid 35,750 for a le w/moon,tech.roof rail and mud flaps including dest.don't worry carmax will send you a royalty check for keeping there top secrect.let me guess you went to the one in the nevada desert.(carmax51)
  • Options
    I would wait a few more weeks. Maybe you''ll find one for free.
  • Options
    bkanskybkansky Member Posts: 14
    Max47, looks like you purchased the LE, correct? What were your doc charges? I am still working on leasing and Nissan recently offered a slightly better money factor for current Murano owners looking to lease the 09 - new rate .00215 or 5.16%. Nissan confirms you are eligible for the lower rate when the dealer grounds your Murano to take it off lease and out of service. Residual still not great though.

I am also considering the new Infiniti EX35 - real sweet car and much better ride than 09 Murano LE or SL or Infiniti FX35 and more technology available which I like. It's residual is better and money factor much lower than Murano so a more costly car actually has a lower monthly lease BUT the car is definitely smaller - more like the Rogue size and that concerns me. Excise tax in Mass. is based on MSRP regardless of whether you lease or purchase so that would be higher for the EX than Murano as will insurance for some reason.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    annsaladinoannsaladino Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at the exact same dealerships. Which one did you buy from? Woodfield Nissan has received terrible reviews online and has been a bit evasive. They haven't given us a hard number like Rosen did, but told us to come in and they'll beat Rosen. We would actually like to buy from Continental who is local, but they don't seem to have as much flexibility with prices.
  • Options
    musky300,

I've bought several calls in NC & the fact is ... (taken from the NC DMV)...

The current “Highway Use Tax” collected on the sale of a new or used car and truck is 3% of the trade difference.

Yes this is the OTD price. I am a vendor to a dealership auto body shop. They are giving me their "vendor discount".
  • Options
    I ended buying from Woodfield Nissan. I didn't research the dealership, I just went with the price. I did speak with the internet sales rep at Rosen and I think he was willing to beat any prices as well esp with it being the end of the month.
    I didn't feel that Woodfield was evasive; they honored the price they sent to me via email so I was impressed with that. They did try hard to get me to buy all the extras like undercoating, paint protection etc, but I didn't; they did work it for about 40 minutes. I think they were trying to get some money back from the deal we made. In the end I have been happy with them.
    I did not like Nissan's finance rate 6.9% so I had to shop around and Bank of America and Chase have better rates; unless Nissan's rates got better..but I don't think they did with the 09 Murano being so new.
    I to shopped around and tried to deal with someone closer to my house but they weren't willing to do so I figured I would drive to where I could get the better deal; if I should need service, then I could go to the dealership that is closer. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    sabresfan1sabresfan1 Member Posts: 1
    Depending on the area of the country you live in, rust protection may not make sense. I live in western ny with long winters and heavily salted winter roads. This is considered the "rust belt" of the country. I've seen vehicles literally rot out in a few years, depending on the quality. Certainly not the case with the Murano.

I have rust protection and swear by it. Rust starts in areas that you can not see. Manufactures have made improvements over the years but the improvements are only meant to last as long as the warranty allows. In most cases, 6 years. So you need to ask yourself how long are you keeping the vehicle and are you trading or selling privately. If it is the latter, you will want the body and underside to look as good as possible.

Paint protection on the other hand is not worth it from the dealership. They claim, the "coating" will last 5-7 years with one application. Not true, nothing on the market today in the form of a resin based coating will last that long unless possibly you live in Arizona.

I go to a quality detail shop at least once a year and get their best paint protection. I call it maintenance, it cost me about $200 yearly for both interior and exterior and they reapply their products, including fabric protection once a year. That seems to make more sense to me and it helps me maintain throughout the year.