Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Legacy/Outback 2005+

Comments

• Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Craig,

I drove my dad's TSX for quite a bit yesterday and as you mentioned, I found myself missing the power of my LGT the most.

I had several chances to explore the upper ranges of the TSX's rpm band and I was impressed how it continued to deliver smooth power even past the 5K mark. The engine note definetly took on a Honda-esque shrill as it approached redline but it never felt strained like the 2.5NA H4 at the same RPM.

It's surprising how one can get used to a certain level of power, however. Despite the TSX having enough power for daily driving, I found myself wishing for boost to kick in and rocket me forward. I even caught myself thumbing the audio controls to get the system to downshift. I guess that's the difference of 170-something vs. 250 ft lbs of torque.

I can't wait to get back and drive my LGT wagon!

Ken
  • Options
    masteryodamasteryoda Member Posts: 41
    Well, my wife and I test drove 05 2.5i auto and 04 H6 sedan yesterday and we really liked 2.5i better than more powerful H6 sedan. 2.5i felt more peppier, was as quite as H6 sedan and handled pretty much the same. My wife like OBS exterier look, but enjoyed 2.5i overall. We also test drove 03 Accord EX (4 cyl) and both didn't like it. It seems like Subaru did a really good job on the 05.
  • Options
    saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694
    I would not worry about the engine, but the electrical fuel pump (in the tank) is cooled by the gasoline surrounding it. Probably there was no damage, but running a dry pump very long might do something.
  • Options
    snowbirdsnowbird Member Posts: 120
    Thanks Everybody. Now I don't feel so bad. Will be more careful next time I fill up. Jason
  • Options
    gene8gene8 Member Posts: 5
    I'm about to take delivery on 05 GT Limited Sedan. I noticed it comes with high perf all-season Bridgestone RE92A, 215/45ZR17. I'm looking around tirerack.com & tire manufacturers' sites. I'm not finding anything else to replace these tires when the time comes. There's only 1 choice? Woudn't be happy about that.
  • Options
    The 05 Legacy GT Limited sedan I'm about to buy comes w/high perf all season tires-- Bridgestone Potenza RE92, 215/45ZR17. I'm looking at tirerack & tire manufacturers' sites. I'm not finding any other choices besides the RE92. Tell me I'm wrong, please.
  • Options
    poissonpoisson Member Posts: 49
    Simple answer - you're wrong.

Where do you see there is only one choice? I did a quick check on tirerack and came up with at least a dozen. I searched on the proper size and category Ultra High Performance, High Performance and Performance across all manufacturers.
    Also, note that the RE92 and the RE92A are different tires, so right there you have two.
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Plenty of people are upgrading there tires, so there are definitely choices out there. I just looked on TireRack (punched in 2005 Legacy GT wagon as the vehicle) and it shows 16 tires in the Grand Touring through Ultra High Performance all season categories (which brackets the RE-92A's category). Some of the tires available are quite good (Bridgestone RE-950 for instance). I am sure there are even more choices in different categories. SO I guess you're wrong!!

Craig
  • Options
    Cool! Not to complicate your decision, but you should really try an 05 H6 sedan, though I tend to agree that the 2.5i has pretty much all the big improvements in the 05 model change. In fact, the 05 2.5i models are quieter and more refined than my 02 H6 LL Bean model was!

Craig
  • Options
    Ken,

You bring up a point that I have been thinking about; for years, I was happy with the 2.5H4 NA engines in the various Outbacks and Foresters we owned. All of a sudden I am becoming accustomed to the 2.5 H4 turbo and all that amazing power. It is addictive. It will be real hard to go back to a "regular" and more practically-powered vehicle.

I was thinking today how it would be nice to spend less money on my next Subaru (3-5 years out), since $33K for the OB XT (even paying at $30K invoice) was a little steep for my tastes. In reality, a regular 2.5i-Ltd model would suit me well, probably with a 17" wheel upgrade and a couple other mods. But the power of the 2.5 turbo is something I would really miss. The question I will have to address at the next purchase -- is that extra power enough to justify the higher price and lower MPG?!? Maybe so!

Craig
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely do NOT overfill -- the newer cars (of all makes) have a pretty sophisticated vent and evaporation control system integrated into the fuel taks. When you overfill, it can temporarily block the system. As hilbert mentioned, it clearly warns against topping off in the manual.

If the engine is stuttering after you top off, I would guess that the vent may have gotten blocked somehow and fuel flow was impeded. Just a guess. It would not surprise me to have this trigger a CEL as well (similar to how leaving the gas cap loose can trigger one).

Craig
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it one bit -- I bet the engine is just fine. I would like to hear the reasons your friend gave for possible engine damage, just so we can discuss!

CRaig
  • Options
    subierulessubierules Member Posts: 7
    Craig/Ken,

Ditto the comments about my next verhicle down the road. I too was uncomfortable and was cringing when spending $30k+ for my 05 GT wagon but the power/torque is soooo addicting and fun. Practicality vs fun/cost. It's a decision to revisit down the road but right now I am just enjoying the heck out of this turbo wagon.

Leo
  • Options
    tickmantickman Member Posts: 16
    Just a followup: The noise was bad when the trailer was empty. It only has a few pounds of tongue weight when empty. I pulled it with some weight on it (a couple of exterior doors and 5 2x10s) and the noise was not bad at all. When empty, the light tongue bounces with every bump in the road, causing the drawbar to rattle around.

I'd probably have had the same problem with an aftermarket hitch...
  • Options
    63corvette63corvette Member Posts: 51
    Craig,

I understand your indecision. However, I don't believe the difference is as close as you make it sound. Whenever you are ready to actually BUY, I believe tyhat you will be able to find a 2.5I is many thousands of dollars less than the optional engine models. Fro instance (as I have posted on the "Buying experience thread) I paid $17340 for a "Base" 2004 2,5I Outback on August 26 2004. I believe that the forum members were reporting $28 to $30,000 for the Outback with the optional engine. I too wanted more power, However looking at the difference of more than $10,000 for "just the optional engine, leather interior, and sunroof...well I just couldn't justify THAT! I believe that when you are ready to buy, you will find similar deals to mine (I had several pages of "standard" features, and only 3 "options....1) tweeters, 2) rear "dust deflector", and 3) compass auto dimming rear view mirror. Every other feature was already included. You figure:-)
  • Options
    OK. I see the choices, although none of them are Z rated for Bridgestone RE92 & 92A.
  • Options
    OK, I'm getting more choices by going to tirerack, putting in the tire size & looking for high or ultra high performance all-season. However, none of them are Z rated except the RE92 & 92A.
  • Options
    needanewcar2needanewcar2 Member Posts: 23
    Craig, you are SO knowledgeable its astounding! May I ask why your wife got a TSX and not another Forester? Your answer might help me make a final decision between a turbo Forester and a VDC OUtback. By the way, my husband has a 04 TL and loves it. The new car is for me - our first AWD car and first Subaru.
    Thanks for your advice.
  • Options
    That's a heckuva deal even for an 04!

The 05 2.5i 4eat models are going for about $24K (sticker $26K) and the 2.5i-Ltd 4eat models are going for about $27K (sticker $29K). So the XT models demand about a $3K premium for the turbo motor, 5eat versus 4eat, 17" wheels, and a few other minor details. Some are worth the extra cost (motor and 5eat mainly) but it certainly pushes the prices up high!

Next time around, I could probably feel better about a hypothetical 200HP 2.5i-Ltd model with 5eat for $27K or so. Which means Subaru has to up the content (more HP, another gear) and keep prices steady. They should have stability control standard by then too!

Now this is starting to sound like a future models discussion...

Craig
  • Options
    Craig, you are SO knowledgeable its astounding! May I ask why your wife got a TSX and not another Forester? Your answer might help me make a final decision between a turbo Forester and a VDC OUtback. By the way, my husband has a 04 TL and loves it. The new car is for me - our first AWD car and first Subaru.
    Thanks for your advice.
  • Options
    saywhatsaywhat Member Posts: 63
    I have a 05 Leg.GT.Ltd., with the free service plan. Should I change the oil etc. at 3,500 mi., and if so, how come the free service plan starts at 7,500 miles and not 3,500? If anybody knows, this board will know. Thanks for your anticipated help. BOB
  • Options
    My wife wanted an SUV and we test drove everything before arriving at the Forester (which would have been my first choice all along). We looked at the Highlander, CRV, you name it... At the time, she settled on the Forester because of the way it drove -- sporty, car-like, and fun. A couple years later, she decided she didn't want an SUV anymore (despite the fact that the Forester is one of the most un-SUVs out there). Something about a wagon / soccer-mom image she didn't feel comfortable with (we don't have any kids yet).

I let her complain a while longer, and then we finally started shopping for sedans. The TSX turned out to be a great value -- we paid $25K for an automatic without Nav. She loves the car and I like it too. I especially like not having to listen to her complain!!

So the simple answer is that she wanted a sedan. I did try persuading her to get a Legacy GT sedan, but we both agreed it was not the car for her. It was also more expensive than the TSX by several thousand dollars, and she really didn't appreciate the AWD and high horsepower. The TSX has more than adequate power and stability control will keep her out of trouble.

The Forester XT and Outback VDC are quite different, so I wouldn't think your decision is that hard (then again, we all figured you would have bought a car by now!). I think refinement definitely goes in favor of the VDC, while the Forester wins in the fun-to-drive category.

Craig
  • Options
    Bob,

The normal service schedule calls for the first oil change at 7500 miles. Severe service schedule calls for the first change at 3750 miles. So choose based on your type of driving (look in the manual for details). Personally, I am sticking to the factory recommended 7500 mile intervals, but more frequent changes certainly can't hurt.

I am at 5400 miles on my XT, and haven't gotten to the first oil change yet.

CRaig
  • Options
    Mjc440, I have the same fume problem, especially when the sun-roof is open and also when I go over 3000 rpm's. I pushed it all the way up to SOA, and they are willing to change cars for me, but they can not do anything about the fume problem. I am debating if I should contact the NHSA. I'm very strongly leaning that way. I just don't know if I want to go to another bunch of BLAH, BLAH, BLAHS. and hear the same old bureaucratic B.S.!
  • Options
    Thanks Craig, that is exactly what I will do.
  • Options
    hilberthilbert Member Posts: 103
    Craig you drive a lot. Few days back you were 4500 miles. You are "lucky". I have not had the time to drive my OBXT much yet.
  • Options
    hilberthilbert Member Posts: 103
    Maybe I have missed earlier discussion and you have already thought this over, but OBXT may seem like a good compromise between Forester and VDC. it has more refinement than forester and perhaps more fun to drive than VDC (I do not know because I have not drive VDC).
  • Options
    OK, I'm getting more choices by going to tirerack, putting in the tire size & looking for high or ultra high performance all-season. However, none of them are Z rated except the RE92 & 92A.

Don't search that way -- punch in the vehicle type as 05 Legacy GT and it will give you the appropriate tires for the car.

I seriously doubt the GT "requires" Z rated tires. It just happens that's the rating on OEM-size RE-92A tires. Usually TireRack shows the allowable speed ratings as recommended by the car manufacturer, and in this case they have several lower speed ratings.

Craig
  • Options
    Hilbert, I must have mixed up my numbers before! I think I only drove a couple hundred miles in the last week (was on travel and the car sat at the airport for 5 days). Normally I do 70 miles a day commuting, so about 350 a week.

Craig
  • Options
    Thanks for siding with my husband, Craig, about how long it's taking me to decide!!!!!
    I think it's an image problem for me - I'm in my mid 50s, grown kids - how will it look for me to drive an outback wagon?
    Answer that and I'm ready to make a decision - promise!!!
  • Options
    meshmesh Member Posts: 20
    Well, here's another way of looking at it. Ask anyone who has ever driven a race track (I haven't unless you count Malibu Grand Prix) how to get around it the quickest, and I'm sure they'll tell you "smoothly!" Everything I've ever read about driving fast emphasizes driving smoothly, so it can be done with speed. I would interpret this (partly) as: engage the controls slowly and deliberately, then, when the affected parts have engaged each other, stomp it! If anyone out there with track access would like to teach me how it's done, please let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks for siding with my husband, Craig, about how long it's taking me to decide!!!!!
    I think it's an image problem for me - I'm in my mid 50s, grown kids - how will it look for me to drive an outback wagon?
    Answer that and I'm ready to make a decision - promise!!!

OK, here's how I picture myself driving an Outback: outdoorsy-skier-kayaker who needs a sport utility type vehicle but doesn't want a truck or a traditional station wagon. The Outback is the perfect vehicle for me, and the 05 models are the best ones so far in terms of driving, handling, power, and styling. I have a hard time thinking of any downsides to the 05 XT I have now.

I see a wide range of people driving Outbacks, but it generaly tends to two groups 1) older (age 45-65) couples (like my parents who own an 00 Outback and use it for everything from gardening to canoeing) and 2) mid 30s - mid 40s men/women with ski racks, bike racks, etc... (like me!). I rarely see traditional families in Outbacks these days -- I think many of these people are buying minivans and SUVs.

So from my experience, you are exactly in one of the Outback's target groups. If I saw you driving around I'd think you were pretty hip!

Craig

p.s. I tend to see the same two groups driving Foresters too.
  • Options
    My husband is still laughing at your comment (about not having bought yet).
    Your explanation is right on. Just out of curiosity - did you consider an SUV for yourself?
  • Options
    I did test drive an Acura MDX and a Lexus RX-300 back in 2001, but ended up buying an 02 LL Bean Outback instead. Both of those SUVs had horrible handling in my opinion and very poor utility (for example, the MDX roof rack was almost useless). I felt the H6 in the LLB Outback was at least as smooth and refined as the V6 engines in the other two, and it drove and handled a lot better. On top of that, it cost quite a bit less.

Craig
  • Options
    What did you (or your wife ) think of the Highlander? My husband likes it but I find it too high and big. I'm probably the only weird one who prefers a lower sitting position - my husband says I'll get used to it, but......!
    Thanks to you, I'm feeling much better about the Outback.
  • Options
    63corvette63corvette Member Posts: 51
    "How will it LOOK"? Who cares! I'm 63, and race a Corvette. But I also SKI, so there is a perfect fit! It handles very neutral at the limit. I find that limit often. It is a FUN car to drive, let alone practical.
  • Options
    The Highlander was pretty much a minivan in our opinion, at least in terms of the way it drove and handled (your descriptions of high and big make perfect sense). Definitely a cushy, smooth ride, but not the vehicle for us.

Craig
  • Options
    jmtreetopjmtreetop Member Posts: 130
    I just got about 10in of snow so got a chance to play...OBXT handled great, even with the 92A's...just don't let the turbo kick in. I also found some drifts that were about up to the front bumper and stopped to see how well I could accelerate out of it and I had no problem whatsoever. Passes the snow test. The most difficult thing that I encountered (could be the 92a's) was turning in deep snow. The wagon is quite linear and likes to go straight. Slowing my speed down quicly corrected the problem. Heated seats and heated wiper reserve were much appreciated.
  • Options
    sdufordsduford Member Posts: 577
    I just upgraded from a Highlander to an Outback XT. I had the Highlander for 3.5 years. While it was a comfortable, roomy, and very reliable car, it was also extremely boring.

Craig is correct in saying that it drives and handles like a minivan. It is really just like the Sienna (same platform and drivetrain, same interior) but with a higher ground clearance and less interior space. I was moving away from big SUVs because they either handled like minivans, or like trucks. They are too big and clumsy.

The Outback XT has far better performance, manoeuvrability, and handling, and a better AWD system and safety ratings to boot. While the Outback is not perfect, I'm nonetheless very happy with my move.

Sly
  • Options
    Sly, thanks so much for your input. We live in Montreal and want a good winter car. My husband thought the Highlander waS better-looking than the wagon but I felt it was too big for me. You (and Craig) have summed it up beautifully for me.We are looking at the VDC model - hope it's as good aS your XT!
    Thanks again - we appreciate any and all advice!
  • Options
    Glad to hear I could help a fellow Canadian.

I think that in many ways the VDC is actually better than the XT. The H6 engine is almost as powerful as the Turbo but it is much smoother and has a more linear power delivery. I also think it is a better match for the auto transmission, but Craig will disagree with me on that.

The VDC system should provide you with the ultimate in winter safety. You should also plan on buying some good winter tires. The Bridgestone RE-92As that come with the car are performance oriented All Season tires and are not all that good for the winter. If you ever decide to go with the Highlander you should do the same, as the Good-Year Integrity tires that come with that car are downright dangerous.

Good luck with your purchase!
  • Options
    rwoodsrwoods Member Posts: 129
    Craig,

I thought I saw a "V" rating on my OBXT wagon's RE92-A tires. Actually even a V rating is overkill for the likes of me. I've always had H rated (to 130mph) tires before.

Bob
  • Options
    rwoodsrwoods Member Posts: 129
    He's my 2 cents: I think the OBXT wagon truly combines the Sport and the Utility in SUV. Do Ford Expeditions and GM Yukons really have any sport in them? But the OB really flies and corners well too. And for my needs, carrying my wire haired terrier's cage to Florida, it works perfectly. It cruises at 80mph on the interstate effortlessly. And it looks cool in my opinion, unlike a minivan.

The Europeans seem to all drive hatchbacks and small wagons. They want their utility. Someone once said the VW Golf outsells the Jetta 80-20 in Europe but it is just the reverse here in the US.

Another point. I think the OB is understated. It gives off an aura of budgetary responsiblity along with an environmental conscience. But underneath the hood lurks 250hp which resembles the horses found in some of the 1960s musclecars.

Bob
  • Options
    luck11luck11 Member Posts: 425
    (WARNING...long post)

Craig,

Thanks for the tips on the subwoofer installation. They truly helped. I performed the install last night (yes, against the recommendations of fellow posters) and all went smoothly. I proceeded as you recommended by starting at the shifter trim panel, but ended up removing the entire console for ease of routing the cable under the carpet. Needed the extra maneuverability.

Took a total of 2.5 hrs including set-up. I had the deck out in 15 minutes, it was that easy. The most difficult step was routing the harness under the carpet from the console to a precut hole in the carpet under the seat. I also wasted a good 15 min looking for one of the retainer clips that popped off the console.

BTW, the sub makes a significant difference. Its more than sufficient for me, but someone who likes the bone-crushing thump of a 10 or 12" woofer, will not be satisfied. Personally, I just wanted bass enhancement and the OEM sub does the trick quite well. Obviously, audio quality is very subjective.

Some additional tips for others considering this install (presuming you have the instructions that comes with the subwoofer):

A)Centre console: I recommend removing the center console completely to allow more room to route the wire under the carpet to the underside of the seat.

1. Remove screws in the storage compartment.
    2. There are two retaining clips at the front end of the console(near the seat heater controls). There are also two clips on the hand brake cover. One is attached to the console body under the shifter, the rear clip is attached to the console you are removing, so you are only releasing one at this time. All are removed by pulling up. They can be a little stubborn, so take your time.

3. The hand brake cover can also be separated from the console by pulling up away from the console. One clip at the bottom edge, rear and three long "nipples" at the top edge. Separating the cover from the console allows you to completely move the console out of the way.

NB. Watch out for the grease on the hand-brake assembly. You may want to drop some paper towels or old cloth on top so you don't get grease everywhere.

B) There is no need to remove the plastic trim panels covering the sides of the console going up and under the dash. My deck had sufficient slack in the wires to allow me to pull it out and access the cables from front of the console, over the top of the deck. Connector for the sub harness is on the passenger side of the deck.

To obtain more slack, unclip the harness for the hazard light button. The release lever is on the underside of the white connector. This will give more slack and allow you to access the bracket mount screw on the passenger side of the radio to attach the ground wire of the sub harness. Once it is plugged in and grounded, hook it up to the sub to check that it works.

C) Routing the wire. Struggled with this for sometime. Best way was to use some mechanics wire found any hardware store. Need about 2 ft. Get a thick enough gauge wire that will not bend at the slightest pressure, but will bend to follow the curve from the floor up to the console. Coat hanger is not a good idea...it is not sufficiently malleable.

1. Put the drivers seat in the near complete forward position to access the precut carpet under the seat. The key is to not have the seatbelt trim plate between the seat in the console exactly where the harness connector will be routed. It will make pulling the harness through very difficult. You'll have to play with the seat position a bit. Also, raising seat to full height helps.

2. Bend the end of mechanics wire back onto itself to form a loop and rounded front edge. I also put some duct tape over the end. This will prevent snagging the wire on the foam under the carpet.

3. From the driver's side rear seat, locate the precut carpet access under drivers seat (its a flap of carpet, not a hole).

4. Insert the rounded end of the wire up towards the console. I reached in the precut carpet with my fingers as far as I could to help guide the wire up rather than to the side. May take a few tries. It also helps to pull the carpet up from the floor and away from the console as the wire begins fish its way and bend for ascent up the center console.

5. Wire will pop up around the hand brake if all goes well. Bend the wire into a squarish shaped hook so the end can fit into the empty pin hole on the wire side of the connector. Then tape it all up securely, especially to the wire harness itself so you are not just pulling on the connector as you fish it through.

6. Disconnect the wire from the front of the hand brake assembly....gives you a bit more room. Just remember to reconnect afterwards.

7. From the rear seat, as you pull on the wire with left hand, use your right hand to maneuver the connector past some of the obstacles of the hand brake assembly. Then, there is a white flat conduit of some sort mounted under the carpet, on the side of the console, sloping down to floor. You need to pull the connector to the rear of this conduit which ends around the middle of the hand brake. Then continue pulling the wire down slowly but forcefully. As it nears the bottom of the console and hits the floor, pull up on the carpet again from the access hole under the driver's seat to give the connector room to maneuver the curve at bottom console/floor. Voila!

D)Setting the sub.

I find it hard to access the sub controls from the front of the seat. I suggest that you try to get your sub settings correct before mounting it to the bracket and the bracket to the seat. Put the sub in its to be position, get in the car, doors closed and play with the controls. Its a bit of a pain getting up to reset the sub controls, but once you have them set, its done.

Cheers,
    Jay
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, is yours a 5MT or 5EAT?

Tires will definitely affect turning, but the understeer you describe is pretty typical for any car that drives the front wheels. With AWD, depending on the transmission you have, you can override that behavior with certain steering and throttle inputs. Once I get a chance to play in some snow, I'll see if I can do it with my OB XT. I have a 5EAT which has a nominal rearward bias.

Craig
  • Options
    Thanks for the excellent writeup Jay! I also wasted 15-20 minutes chasing clips and screws that flew off and got lost. Happens every time! By the way, that hole in the carpet under the seat sucked in a screw on another recent project, and I had to remove the sub to go fishing for it. I plan to stuff some foam or a rag in that hole at some point to keep things from falling in and getting lost in the bowels of the floor where they might rattle. As often as I drop coins or keys down under the seat, that hole is likely to swallow them up!

Too bad we can't make posts "sticky" on this forum, I think your writeup would be a great one for future reference.

Craig
  • Options
    He's my 2 cents: I think the OBXT wagon truly combines the Sport and the Utility in SUV. Do Ford Expeditions and GM Yukons really have any sport in them? But the OB really flies and corners well too. And for my needs, carrying my wire haired terrier's cage to Florida, it works perfectly. It cruises at 80mph on the interstate effortlessly. And it looks cool in my opinion, unlike a minivan.

Very well put, I agree totally.

The Europeans seem to all drive hatchbacks and small wagons. They want their utility. Someone once said the VW Golf outsells the Jetta 80-20 in Europe but it is just the reverse here in the US.

My friends from Europe tell me that wagons like the Legacy and Outback are popular, and many people own trailers for hauling cargo or doing projects. I tend to agree with them when they think so many Americans are nuts for driving around in huge empty SUVs and pickup trucks. Somewhere along the line, a whole bunch of people got convinced they needed trucks, but it's serious overkill in my opinion. I have owned a Subaru wagon ever since being a homeowner, and have tackled some really big projects (including building a shed and getting all the materials home) with nothing more than a station wagon and roof rack. In a pinch I would install a trailer hitch and buy or rent a small utility trailer, or heck, rent a truck for $35 a day!

Craig
  • Options
    Thanks for the great write up Jay!

I will be ordering mine soon. Would you like to come out to the lake and give me a hand with mine? :)

Sly
  • Options
    V rating is probably overkill, but it's not just the speed that matters, its the temperature, loads, etc that go into the speed rating and how it translates to a certain vehicle (raw speed ratings are performed in a lab on a standardized test rig). Still, the previous Outback had H rated tires and the car was actually heavier than the 05 models! I would have no problem stepping down to an H rated tire on my OB XT, in fact it opens up a lot more selection of tires.

Craig
  • Options
    I think that in many ways the VDC is actually better than the XT. The H6 engine is almost as powerful as the Turbo but it is much smoother and has a more linear power delivery. I also think it is a better match for the auto transmission, but Craig will disagree with me on that.

Actually, I will break tradition and agree with you on that one! ;-) Then again, you can only get 5EAT on the VDC so we'll never really know. I do think a 5MT would be pretty sweet with the H6 engine though...

Craig