Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    "I picked up a 2008 TL w/navi with 10 miles on it, this past weekend for $28800 plus fees."

Congrats on getting your new TL at such an incredibly low price!!! You mentioned "plus fees." Can you elaborate the amount of fees you paid and what such fees were? Advertising fees, delivery charges ....? To do an apple to apple comparison, one must compare not only the base price, but also whatever fees the dealer required you to pay to make the deal work.
  • Options
    ktt2008ktt2008 Member Posts: 7
    To those of you who bought the TL recently, have you guys asked about the recent recall? I guess some

"PROLONGED HIGH UNDER-HOOD TEMPERATURES MAY CAUSE THE POWER STEERING HOSE TO DETERIORATE PREMATURELY CAUSING THE HOSE TO CRACK AND LEAK POWER STEERING FLUID"

I am wondering if you guys knew about this before you bought the TL and has the dealerships had taken action to fix the problem before you guys bought it?
  • Options
    scojayscojay Member Posts: 8
    I think it is possible depending on your skills and the dealer. I paid $27,801 for my base last month (all cash deal no trade via internet sales). For $1300 more they would have added Navi. Times are tough (and getting tougher) and dealers need to move metal off the lot and get cash. Keep in mind their is $674 in hold back plus ad money to play with.
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    vehyemyes: That's OTD, $13,100. I was given $18,000 for my 06 Accord EX V6. All the make up added to the car like painted pin stripe etc etc came at no charge.

It took me almost two months to make my decison to buy. To be honest, I was sort of "scared" to pull the plug. On Sept 17th, I said the hell with it, for the price being offered for such a high price vehicle comes along once in a life time. Inventory was becoming less and less I was afraid that I would miss the boat. The rest is history, and I love the red color that I chose. You won't see to many red color TL's out on the highway. Why? I don't know, but I'm happy about that.

Good luck.
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Hey Traindriver,
    I think it's the wind buffering noise. I did open the other rear window and it had the same noise. I was just wondering if anyone has the issue or should I just take it in to have Acura to inspect it.
  • Options
    lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    I have an 04 and usually drive with windows down. Just crack the other windows and it will help. I tend to crack all 4 windows about an inch. Even when I use just the sun roof, I crack both back ones. Wouldn't take it into the dealer. Good luck, hope this helps.
  • Options
    yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    thanks for the info Stripe...U know, i too love the red colour..is that a beige or black interior u bought?
  • Options
    acura7acura7 Member Posts: 9
    Could you please clarify if the price you paid was actually OTD or if they added destination and other fees to the price of $28,800 for the 2008 TL with navigation.
    Thanks for your info
  • Options
    tech1208tech1208 Member Posts: 11
    $28,800 was the price for the car including a trunk tray. I paid dealer fee, tax, tag and title on top of it. OTD price is irrelevant, as each county in Florida has a different tax rate, nevermind another state. DMV fees are different in other states as well.
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Thanks lax29. I will have to try cracking the windows about an inch and see if that helps. If not, I guess I will never open my windows.
  • Options
    acura7acura7 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the price confirmation. Could you share with the forum how much you paid for "dealer fees"? The sales tax in MImai Dade County should be 7% and the tag and title no more than $185... correct?

Thanks
  • Options
    acuramantl2acuramantl2 Member Posts: 11
    acura 7. i have been TOTALLY unable to get anyone in the S FLA area go to that low. not sure if it was a special promo or something. let me know how you make out.. :(
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Beige is the color. I got to keep it clean, but it looks dam good.
  • Options
    I live in Orange County, so I paid 6.5% on tax. $125.00 for transferring a current Florida plate, and $699.00 for the dealer fee. There was a misc battery and tire fee as well. Total for them amounted to less than $8.00. That was all. BTW, no trade and paid by Cashier's check.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. $699 for dealer fees is high, as my dealer charged none. Nonetheless, even with the fee, you still got a smoking deal :)
  • Options
    acuramantl2acuramantl2 Member Posts: 11
    car man,
    do you know if that will be changing? i am wondering if i should wait for a better money factor. :shades:
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi Carman

You have been a real help in the past. I am now considering the 2009 TL with AWD (msrp $38,505). I would lease it for 36 or 39 months with 12K or 15K per year. I live in NY. I will not put anything down and will probably roll the taxes into the monthly lease price. When do you expect to get the invoice price (currently not available) for this model along with the residual value and money factor. I know that the base car's msrp is $40,000 and the invoice is $37,000. I assume that the difference between the base and the AWD will be around $3500 making the estimated invoice for the AWD around $35,600. Based on limited availability in dealer stocks I might have to consider the AWD with the Technology Package. Could you provide me the the figures for that also.

Thanks again for all of your help. It really makes a difference when you negotiate with the dealers.
  • Options
    cecilt1cecilt1 Member Posts: 74
    Considering trading my '06 TL 6 speed w/ Nav for an '07 TL-S auto with 15k miles. Mine hs 36k miles. Spoke to dealer over phone as they are not local but the same one who sold me my '06. Offered sight unseen $21k for my TL. They are about $29k for the TL-s. Told them i did not want to be more than $6k difference. At $6k is this worthwhile? Foolish to even trade up to a TL-S? Thoughts on the TL-S auto vs. '06 TL 6 speed. THanks
  • Options
    markspinosamarkspinosa Member Posts: 18
    Keep your '06 TL and put $5k of the $6k in a Roth IRA. I, too, have an '06 TL (5sp. AT w/Nav), and thought of trading it in. Unless you're rich, given the state of the economy, you could probably find a better use for that $6k. It's not like your car is going to crap out on you; they're great cars and that's why we buy them. Don't let the average American's insatiable appetite for instant gratification get in your way. The sense I get is you're not rich, considering you're crying about a $2k differential. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Well you started off with a good reply than you ended it awfully rude and presumptious. First, being rich or poor has nothing to do with this. Trading up to an '07 TL-S from my '06 and asking for an opinion on whether $6k is a good deal is my question.
  • Options
    OK, I'll give it a try. Not knowing what you are looking for in the end. The car you have is very good. The S will cost you in tires more frequently than what you currently have. The S will cost you more in insurance than what you currently have. On top of that if you did not lease your 06', you two years into owning it outright, versus starting fresh for a used car that someone else had a great 15K miles with in an S vehicle. I just purchased an 08' TL navi Auto, non-s for my mother-in-law with 10 miles on it for $28800. I do not see how you could reasonably believe your trading for an 07' is a good deal.

I agree with th previous poster's idea of investing it instead and you will be much better in the short and long run. However, some people can't stand to be in a car for too long, and thus the need for the term upside down in car financing.

Good luck, only you can determine if it is worth it.

My $.05 worth.

Randy B
  • Options
    Thanks Randy B. '06 is free and clear. My employer pays for them 100% then charges me over 3 years what I paid (A $30k car costs me $10k/year) at 0% financing and better yet since they title it they deduct my $10k pre-tax so a pretty good deal. The extra $6k would be treated the same, pre-tax. Insurance is a group plan so not bad here. Aren't the tires the same on the Type S if you don't get the summer tire option. You got a great deal on your '08 TL/nav but the TL-S are hard to find and I don't think I could get a new one for say $30-31k. At least no one has posted on this site they did. Decisons, decisions. Maybe I should just buy a brand new Mazda 6 grand touring with nav. Just a little more than an '07 Type-S with a lot more features.
  • Options
    2008stype2008stype Member Posts: 41
    I have an 08 S (auto). The new cost was about 6 K more than a standard TL.

Not sure you could move up both a year and model for this amount. If so, go for it.

I enjoy the S and have gotten as much as 33 MPG at 72MPH and average 21 around town. How great is that!

Jeff
  • Options
    Car Man
    I guess I should ask you. I had spoken to a few dealers about the price of an 09 TL TECH and at the time no one was really offering anything off the sticker price. Just had messages on my cell from 2 different dealers telling me to make a reasonable offer and that they would work with me on the price. So, my question is if Acura is starting to send money back to the dealers or if you know of any new pricing?
  • Options
    I have an 08 S (auto). The new cost was about 6 K more than a standard TL.

Not sure you could move up both a year and model for this amount. If so, go for it.

I enjoy the S and have gotten as much as 33 MPG at 72MPH and average 21 around town. How great is that!

Thanks Jeff. My '06 has nav so I thought the difference was only about $2k. Therefore, accounting for $2k in difference is the extra $4k worth a 1 year newer pricier model with 15k miles. Maybe Carman can help me out with this decision as well.
  • Options
    drosadrosa Member Posts: 24
    I am receving e-mails from several dealers in NJ because I am in the market for an '08. I just received this today

$2000 OFF on ALL 2009 TSXs
    $2400 OFF on ALL 2009 RDXs
    $3200 OFF on ALL 2009 MDXs
    $4000 OFF on ALL 2009 RLs

AND
    $1700 OFF on The ALL NEW TLs
  • Options
    The NJ deals seem better than the one offered by a dealer in Long Island, NY, ie. all 2009 Acuras (except TL) are 2.5% over factory invoice, financing at 0.9% and 106% of Adjusted Book Value for any trade-in.

BTW, I don't think there are any 08 RLs, and the 08 TLs are selling fast due to heavy discounts.
  • Options
    edward23edward23 Member Posts: 26
    From the posts I've been reading it sounds like it's perfectly reasonable to get an 08 base TL for around 28K + the .9 financing. But I've heard others mention something about also getting 3500 cash back. Is this on TOP of the 28K selling price or is that how you get to 28K? Also, can I expect these prices in southern california?
  • Options
    ssamissami Member Posts: 2
    Hi Drosa, what is the best prices that you were able to find for 08 TL-base model in NJ. The best I have see is $27,900 (destination included). .
  • Options
    ssamissami Member Posts: 2
    08 TL base price for 28k is with 3500 cash back...but this deal can also be included with .9% for 36 months or 2.9 for 60 finance offer by AHFL..
  • Options
    Thanks drosa
    That will give me an idea of what a reasonable offer is. Still wondering if they are discounting because Acura is giving the dealerships $$ or if they are just realizing that they can not sell at MSRP in this economy???
  • Options
    drosadrosa Member Posts: 24
    The absolute lowest price I have gotten in NJ during the last 2 weeks for '08 base has been 30,289 out the door (27.5-27.7 + 7% tax + (200-399 doc) + Tags(361) + reg(40) It seems that this is the bottom line for dealers at this time. Maybe at the end of the month they may do better. The color selection is running out and I am only interested in Carbon or Polish w\ Ebony. I have to make a decision this week on '08TL or '09 Mazda 6.
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI

Is the $1700 off the TL a 2009? Where in NJ are these dealers located. I am in Westchester county in NY but could easily get to many parts of NJ. Good luck with your search.

Thanks RXKE
  • Options
    Cecilt1,

You maybe right about the difference I was working from memory. I don't care for the 09s at all. Too big. I think the S is a lot better car than the std. This was my first splurge car - typically Honda Accords before. I am sure the depreciation will be much steeper the first couple of years. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the S. The comparable 09 will cost a whole lot more for the 4 WD S model. I have the all weather tires so we will see what happens in the MidWest later this year. Never really had a problem with the Accords but that was before everyone went to 17'' tires. Expect to replace tires at 30-40 K just like a Camry/Accord now.

Hey it is only money and at least you have something for it besides a "paper loss".
  • Options
    unipureunipure Member Posts: 7
    This is what I got from a Dealer in N. California. The saving should atleast double by Thanksgiving if you want 2009. I had purchased 2006 TL in Nov 2005. It was same story. I test drove both 2008 S & 2009 and my preference is 2009. My 2006 got totaled, so I am in market for a new one.

2009 Acura TL Base
    $35,715.00 MSRP (Window Sticker Price)
    $34,145.00* Sale Price
    $1,570.00 Your Savings

2009 Acura TL with Technology Package
    $39,445.00 MSRP (Window Sticker Price)
    $37,567.00* Sale Price
    $1,878.00 Your Savings
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    The 2009 TL Base has an invoice of $32,896 so they are selling it for $1,249 over invoice.

The 2009 Base with Tech Package has an invoice of $36,316 so they are selling it for $1,251 over invoice.

I may be crazy but I suspect these prices will come down before the end of the year - maybe even possible to buy at invoice. Wait for 10 days and see what their announced October sales figures are. If overall sales repeat the "performance" of September - look for incentives. IMHO
  • Options
    ioh789ioh789 Member Posts: 7
    hello everyone,
    im currently in the market for a 2008 tl w/nav. do you know what is the best price that i can get from a dealer??? i live at northern pa, if that helps.
  • Options
    phparekhphparekh Member Posts: 3
    Just thought I'd share this as I'm overjoyed with the deal I just negotiated with a Southern California Acura Dealer, Weir Canyon Acura. I worked with their Internet Sales guys who are very professional. Anyway, they are running out of 08's and as I'm not a fan of the new TL, nor do I ever buy first model year cars, I thought it was the perfect time to try to negotiate a deal. Here are the specifcs:

2008 TL with Navi: Silver with Black Leather Interior, with Matching Colored Mudflaps, Acura Wheel Locks and Trunk Tray.

Final Sales Price: $29,400
    Tax,Title & Liscense Fees: $2614
    Total Out the Door Price: $32,014
    Also got the 2.9% Financing for 60 months from American Honda Finance, which brought the monthly payments to $575/month. I put Zero money down.

I'm happy with this deal, but would love to hear comparable data on other deals. When you consider the sticker on this car is over $36 and to walk out at $29.4, that sounds like a good deal. I did check with four nearby dealers, and the only downside is that each dealer is down to less than 10 cars in stock of the 2008 model. Happy Bargain Hunting to all you TL fans out there!
  • Options
    dpaluszekdpaluszek Member Posts: 9
    Wow, that's a great deal. Right now, without any haggling, I have the local Acura dealer here in Tallahassee with an offer of $31,650 plus TTL for the same exact car with the "pro pack" (mud flaps, locks, and trunk tray).

Thanks for the info and I'll see what I can cook up here in Florida! :)
  • Options
    I live in PA. without and haggling, I got a price of $30,550 plus TTL. I haven't asked for any accessories. But I am sure they will give a good deal on that too. I am planning to negotiate further towards the month end.
  • Options
    hi ioh789, I live in Philadelphia area. I am in the market for 2008 TL with Navi this month. I have got quote from 5-6 dealers. The best I got is $30,550 + TTL + 0.9% APR for 24 or 36 months. I am in the process of negotiating further as month end is approaching.
  • Options
    That's a good deal, I'm trying to knock my dealer down more.

I just got a quote for a TL Type-S for 33.5k + TTL. I have not test drove the Type-S yet, is it worth a couple grand more for the Type-S?
  • Options
    Type S is a nice vehicle. But it's entirely different stream. You have to decide on that. It's a more powerful vehicle with a sporty ride. I have got a quotation for 2008 TL Type S with Navigation - $32,627 + ttl.
  • Options
    Why not save a bunch and go for an 08 unless you really like the increased size, weight, cost, and looks of the 09.
  • Options
    I don't think you can go wrong on a S. Very satisfied with my 08. Getting same or better mileage than my 01 Accord V-6. Recently got 33 at 72MPH. I don't find the ride harse. Exhause a bit louder but very mellow and not disturbing when in the car. Brembo's are a bit "grabby" when first applied - lightly.

Enjoy
  • Options
    osubucks1osubucks1 Member Posts: 1
    In the market for a 2008 Acura TL, I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and I am wondering what people are paying for them in this area. I have seen posting outside the state of TX for around 28.000-29.000 base price and one posting included nav for around 29.000. Can anyone help out?
  • Options
    Has anyone purchased a Type-S with Manual? How is it? There isn't any here in North Florida and I'm really interested in driving one to see how it compares to the Type-S with the Automatic/Paddle Shifters.
  • Options
    i just got a price from a dealer in east brunswick, he gave me $29,358 + TLL for the 2008 tl w/nav, i guess its the price so far i've heard. also he mentioned that for this price sale its ending on saturday. should i go for it?
    by the way, the apprasial in this website, is that price that a deal is willing to take?
    i mean i have a 06 camry, leather, 27000 miles on it, and this website appraised for $15327 for a dealer to take it. if this is the price dealer is going to take it i would be very happy to sell. but the question is the dealer really going to take this price.
  • Options
    Is that Open road Honda of East brunswick? I tried bringing the price to $28,000 with them last week. They are haggling and still I am negotiating. Regarding your appraisaI, they will honour their website price. If not, you will be able to trade in for a nice price wherever you go for a 2008 Acura TL. I think we can buy together so that we will get a good deal..what say??
  • Options
    yes,open road acura u mean? u know what, $28000 is what i sent to them on wednesday, and they rejected saying its too low.
    sigh..... i already sent them with my counter offer of $29000 (not good)
    but hey, i have a trade in, im trying to get the best price possible for my camry.
    also they are saying its ending on saturday for this price?
    for me, im willing to pay between 14000`15000 with my trade in, maybe with an added spoiler and remote starter if they dont come with the car.
    i think its a good idea if we buy together, but i already sent to them 29000, is that a problem?