Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    Dealer has a TL Type S demo w/approx. 4500 miles on it. What's a good price to offer?
    One hitch: There is a slight cigarette smoke smell in it - (which I can't believe for a demo) but if it can be cleaned I'm thinking this could work it to my advantage in terms of a deal. Please advise.
  • Options
    loulou17loulou17 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Houston... I got mone right at 29K and had them tint the windows... I did all negotiations with online quotes. Also ther is not too much of a mark up on Acura's... But you can always ask the dealer to see the invoice. Then you will really know what type of deal your getting. My dealer was John Eagle Acura in Houston... Hope this helps.
  • Options
    yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    why don't you send a PM to amsen@usa.com?
  • Options
    ioh789ioh789 Member Posts: 7
    amen@usa.com?????????
    by the way, im going down to princeton acura today to have my car appraised.
    are you still interested in buying together so we can have better deal?
  • Options
    it's amsen@usa.com...
  • Options
    what is it, i cant find it
  • Options
    oops..that's my mail id..send a personal msg to that id...
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    joh: Try Boardwalk Acura just outside A/City (on Tilton Rd just off G/S Parkway). I traded my 06 Accord, (22,500 miles) and they gave me $18,000. When I went to Open Road they offer me $14,000, and played games with the price on TL w/nav. I walked out after they gave me the price on my 06 Accord.

Boardwalk Acura first offer me a price of $17,000, and I stated that I wanted something near $19,000, and I settled for $18,000. That was the number I was looking for, and I got it. Blue book value had my Accord at $17,200. I paid $29,990 for the TL w/nav, and zero--nada for extras like trunk protector, wheel locks, matching color door edge and mud guards, and a painted pin stripe.

I called Boardwalk last weekend, and ask if they still had my Accord, and was told yes. I gave them an offer of $18,500, and was told to come in, and get it. I traded my 99 Accord with 120,000 miles, and stated I wanted $4,000 for the trade which left me with a balance of $14,500, for my red Accord Sdn EX V-6. I love that car, and was happy that I got it back. I feel that I made out like a bandit on the price of the TL, both trade's, and the price that I paid on the buy back of the Accord. There's not many TL w/nav left. However, the person I worked with (Finance Manager) would probably shop around, and find you one. Like me, you have a good car in the Toyota which should get you top $$$, for a trade.
  • Options
    thanks, i will definitely check on that dealer.
    but, its kind of far from where i live.......
  • Options
    hi Stripe..remember me..hwz ur Red acura :-) i tried negotiating with boardwalk and they are not settling down below $30120 for TL with Navi. Tried open road acura..they are not good for negotiation as you said...I am in the process of negotiating with a delaer in PA. will update you once i know soemthing...
  • Options
    dpaluszekdpaluszek Member Posts: 9
    Hey all, I have one of the dealers down to 32.5K plus TTL on a 08 Type-S...any suggestions? Think I can chew them down more?
  • Options
    I have got 32700 without any haggle..it's the first quote I got...u can try more...
  • Options
    bobbby786bobbby786 Member Posts: 7
    well i got mine around the same price but back in May. So i think you can do better but i don't know how much better and is it worth waiting because the type-S are limited and the main question is do u really care for those few hundred $$.

so check couple more dealers and just go for it if you really want it.

Good Luck and Enjoy the car.

this is my post earlier if you wanna look at it.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef1765b/9221!keywords=#9221
  • Options
    houtxguyhoutxguy Member Posts: 11
    Hi loulou17. I am also in Houston and dealing with JE Acura. I have just started working with them on price for an 08 TL with NAV. Is the $29k price for a NAV equipped TL and just addition of the tint? I ask because I am getting hesitation from them and Gillman on going lower than $30695 for a NAV TL.

Can we exchange emails regarding the details (like salesman you worked with)? When did you purchase your TL?
  • Options
    cobexuecobexue Member Posts: 7
    Hello. Are you talking about TL with Navi for 28000? Do you know what they offer for a Base TL?
  • Options
    tech1208tech1208 Member Posts: 11
    Was visiting my cousin the is past Wednesday and told her what a great deal I had received in Miami, for my mother in-law. She wanted the same car, but wanted to purchase it locally. E-Mailed Rosenthal in Rockville, Pohanka in Chantilly, and Radley in Falls Church. Pohanka and Rosenthal responded immediately. Went to Pohanka for a test drive for her, and received best price from Rosenthal over the phone. Met with GSM at Pohnaka after phone call and agred on a 2008 TL w/nav carbon Bronze with ebony for $29,900 including the $399.00 processing fee. They had to locate the car, and she took delivery last night. Car had 12 miles on it when delivered.

I must say the sales woman and GSM at Pohanka had to be some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with at a Dealership. No pressure, and straight talk.
  • Options
    deuces74deuces74 Member Posts: 11
    What dealership was this in New Jersey? Whats the salesman name. I am also from New Jersey and in the market for a Type-S. Thanks!
  • Options
    what have you done to your accord to make it worth so much?
  • Options
    Joh:
    I purchase my 06 Accord EX Sdn V6 (red color) on Halloween night 2005. I had mud guards, pin striping with letter "H" at rear of pin stripe, matching color door edge trim and body side molding, moonroof visor, satellite, and gold package. The Honda was garage kept, and was show room new. I was sorry to lose the car, but for 10 years I wanted an Acura. When Acura big price discount came on 08 TL's, I made the decision to go for it.

It was my once in a life time to buy an upscale car at the price given. I sold the 06 Honda (with 22,000 miles) as a trade because it kept my final line price low when buying the TL. Also, I owned a 1999 Accord Sdn EX V6 with 120,000 miles.
    I've seen on Auto Trader 06 Accords Sdn EX V6 with high price of $21,000 to a low price of $17,000. Many have much higher miles.

Apprx. one month went by, and I saw my 06 Accord for sale on the internet (Auto Trader-Boardwalk Acura) for $20,000. I was given $18,000 for the 06 Accord when purchasing the 08 TL. I called Boardwalk, and offered them $18,500 to buy back the 06 Accord. They agreed, and I drove to Boardwalk, and re-purchase my 06 Accord. I traded my 99 Accord to Boardwalk, for $4,000. I live apprx. 40 miles from Boardwalk, but I would drive 400 miles to get a deal. Don't be afraid to travel that extra mile to find a deal that would keep $$$ in your pocket. Bill, he Finance Manager was a great guy to work with.
  • Options
    Vehyemyes: The Red (Hornet) Acura is just about to enter 1000 miles. I'm sure if you contact Boardwalk business manager that he would work with you. I think that Boardwalk don't have any TL w/nav in their lot. The problem with having no TL w/nav is that the dealer would find you one, but the dealer that has a TL w/nav may want more for the car. I would speak to the Finance Manager, and tell him that you want to buy one "now, but here is the price that I want to pay. I paid 29,990.00. If you have a trade, then make sure you know what you want for the car, and don't let the trade come up at the same time that your negotiating for the TL. Make sure that they are two separate deals.
  • Options
    nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Looking to get one of the last TL-S models. The more I see the 2009, the more I like the cleaner 2008!
  • Options
    whit5whit5 Member Posts: 65
    im waiting till nov 1st, im hoping to get a type-s lower than the 31,500 i got the dealer down to end of sept....im hoping to get them to 30,500 or 30k and ill take it including destination charge
  • Options
    metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    That's a good idea..but keep in mind that, Acura rebates ($3500 cash back) are suppose to expire on 11/03.....so you might to avail this opportunity. On the other hand, given Honda's dismal performance (http://www.autospies.com/news/Honda-Profits-Drop-81-In-North-America-And-41-Glo- bally-In-Second-Quarter-36674/), it would be interesting to see if they get more aggressive in pushing the '08 TL's out of the dealers..... :confuse:
  • Options
    jwujwu Member Posts: 4
    I just got the following quote for 2008 TL (including protection package):

$28,500 + $600 Doc Fee + TTL

The price includes $3500 incentive plus 0.9% financing. What will be a reasonable counter offer?

Thanks.
  • Options
    davidros11davidros11 Member Posts: 13
    Car man,
    any word on the incentives for November in regards to the 08 TL
  • Options
    i think with the way the economy is going, they will at least keep the same incentives but dealers with come down alittle more on pricing as they push to move the remainder of 08's..

From what people are telling me who have bought new cars, most dealerships are hurting for sales and have been doing invoice and lower...

in my case im in no rush or a new car but if a good deal comes along ill jump on it in Nov....
  • Options
    metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    Folks, I don't mean to deviate from the main topic, but wondering if anyone in this forum considered the '08 G35? This morning I received an email from a local dealer (MN) for an '08 G35x AWD w/ Premium, Wood & Navigation for $32.5 k before TTL AND 0.9% financing for 72 months. I have not done any further negotiations since I never looked at the G35 before, but I think this is a pretty good deal.....any inputs? I guess I need to test drive the '08 G35 (have driven my cousins 1st gen '05 G35) before I can make a good comparison with the '08 TL that I am considering to purchase.....:confuse:
  • Options
    kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    That looks like a very good deal for the G35x AWD. An 08 TL with nav can be had for around 31k, but it does not come with AWD. I believe the TL is a better cruiser while the G35 is more sporty around curvy roads. I also believe the G35 is quite a bit more thirsty, particularly in stop and go traffic Either one is an excellent entry luxury car, particularly at this price range!!
  • Options
    unipureunipure Member Posts: 7
    Total incentives to dealership for 2008 Acura TL to dealer is $4,512 as per consumerreports.org. That puts the cost of base TL to 26.5K
  • Options
    tried logging onto consumerreports.org to look up incentives, but u have to join :(

well if the $4512 is true thats another 1k off... :surprise: :):)
  • Options
    warwickwebbwarwickwebb Member Posts: 15
    Hi all,

I contacted my local Acura dealer for a price quote on both an 08 TL (w/out Nav) and an 08 RDX (w/out Nav).

Quote on both vehicles was $27,500 + TTL and a 'processing fee' (couple of hundred bucks). Does this sound like a good deal?

I'm thinking of offering $27,000 for the TL with no processing fee...
  • Options
    unipureunipure Member Posts: 7
  • Options
    thanks for the link :) , altho it says that expires Nov 3rd, so i wonder if there will be more of an incentives after nov.3rd... :)
  • Options
    thelinuxthelinux Member Posts: 13
    I got this offer recently for 2008 TL Base with no Nav but with wheel locks and mud guard. (with less than 50miles on it)
    27100+TTL. It's a south california dealer.
    Is this a good price?
  • Options
    silverbullettlsilverbullettl Member Posts: 4
    I think that's the lowest I've seen posted here. I paid 28 for mine a month ago. Unless they have several of the color you like then I'd pounce on it.
  • Options
    drmike29drmike29 Member Posts: 26
    Purchased on 10/31/08 from Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, MD a 2009 TL with Tech Package for $39,413 + TTL. They included the wheel locks and cargo net, not much of a bonus, but they will be rebating back to me $600 to cover the 1 month I had remaining on my current car lease. The dealership was very quiet, but I don't enjoy the bargaining process and just accepted the above offer. The time saved was worth it for me and I don't have to car shop for what I thought was going to be 4 more weeks.
    Mike
  • Options
    ya, thats definately a high price payed for that. You could of saved a couple grand easily..im waiting to get a typ-s for about 1k more than that...
  • Options
    anyone here what the incentives are for Nov now..the new incentives were suppose to come out today...... :confuse: :)
  • Options
    jason80jason80 Member Posts: 35
    I think you are confused on the price, that cant include the .9% financing.

There are two dealers in Minneapolis and I have been negotiating with both of them. Invoice on the G35X w/ the the options you listed is $36,800 -$4,000= $32,800 ($3,000 if you DONT take the financing and $1,000 incentive). So if they are willing to give you .9% as well, thats a cash price of $29,500 and that is basically unheard of for that combination.
  • Options
    davidros11davidros11 Member Posts: 13
    any word on Nov incentives?? :):)
  • Options
    2008stype2008stype Member Posts: 41
    Don't know about incentives except what is posted in Edmunds. The dealer I bought my S from currently has 28 08s (Rizza in Orland Park (Chicago)). They have a good email group you might inquire there as they move a lot of Acuras. I had a good buying experience from them.

08 S owner
  • Options
    chewy734chewy734 Member Posts: 37
    Well unfortunately right now Edmunds doesn't show any incentives for the '08 TL like it did last night. So perhaps they haven't updated it on the website yet, because I find it hard to believe there are no more manufacturer to dealer incentives or better financing deals.
  • Options
    car_enthucar_enthu Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

could you give me the email address of the salesperson at Rizza?

thx!
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Think you need to be just a little patient. October incentives expired on Nov. 3. Acura and other manufacturers usually come out with new incentives in a few days. Don't expect them at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4.
  • Options
    I have read the last few pages, so is it safe to assume that invoice on a 2008 Acura TL Type S is $35,134 and you can expect $3,500 to $4,500 below that AND get the 2.9% financing? I'm really starting to consider getting a TL instead of a G35X now. Its hard because I know exactly what I should be paying for a G, but I have no idea on the TL.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    cobexuecobexue Member Posts: 7
    Hello. I saw there are two 3500 dealer cash back on edmunds incentive page. Not sure if they can combined. Anyone can tell me what's the difference between these two inentives?
  • Options
    I looked at it too, its really confusing for me as well. I would also like clarification.
  • Options
    thelinuxthelinux Member Posts: 13
    I've been weighing between buy now 2008 TL or buy 2009 later after 2010 come into market next year.

I've test drove both 2008 and 2009. I like 2009 better. It's not about drivability or performance. I like 2009 styling a lot more. So I am leaning to wait 1 more year and get 2009.

With base TL, It looks like I can save about $7000 from MSRP on 2008 TL if I buy now.
    How much do I expect to save if I buy 2009 TL next year around this time when there are 2010 models in the market?
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Not too much IMHO..may be a grand

The reason 2008 are discounted so much is because TL has been completely revamped...

There are lot of features that are available in 2009 that you cannot get in 2008.
    I dont think there will me much difference between 2009/2010/2011 TL's to warrant significant incentives.

Most of the car companies do that when they DISCONTINUE the model(s).
  • Options
    lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    I think you will see pricing around $2500 or more off the MSRP by the early summer months. Definitely will not see $7000 off on a 2009, even at year end.