Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    Hello,

Is lexus offering any financing deals ? Has anyone got any good financing deals from Lexus ? I am getting a 7% interest from my bank, but is there anything better available elsewhere ? Thanks for your replies in advance.

osby
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    You can't create a new discussion in the Prices Paid forums..

Here is a list of all of the Lexus RX discussions.

You can look for a topic there... or, create your own!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bambam77bambam77 Member Posts: 2
    Was this a purchase or a lease and which dealership. I have spoke to several dealrs in NY and NJ with that exact MSRP and they have not been extremely flexible. I am looking for a lease and would appreciate any help here. Thanks
  • Options
    ilya1ilya1 Member Posts: 9
    I have purchase the car in NJ.

Prestige Lexus gave me 41,900 without even bargaininhg.
    Ilya.
  • Options
    And Lexus of Englewood dropped it to 41,000 after 2 minutes of talking on the phone. I think I might have gotten it down another one or two hundred dollars if I insisted more. I am not sure about leasing though....
  • Options
    com168com168 Member Posts: 3
    Am thinking to buy a Lexus SUV with navigation system and yet debating in mind which vehicle I should get, RX 350 vs. RX 400h. Got any suggestions?

Also am live in Seattle, WA area. Do any of you have purchasing experience with Lexus dealerships near by and what price did you pay for your vehicle?

Thanks in advance for tips.
  • Options
    eastwingeastwing Member Posts: 78
    I think hybrid technology is not very mature nowdays, puls it is a little bit too pricy for what you can save at gas pump. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    carleecarlee Member Posts: 2
    This was a purchase with the price at $44,216 with a $2500 discount off of that price. Fully loaded with Nav.
  • Options
    com168com168 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carlee,

I know that you are not allow to post name and number of the sales rep online. Do you mind if you send me an email about the contact you shopped with and the dealership? What was included in your fully loaded vehicle?

Thanks.
  • Options
    coby03coby03 Member Posts: 55
    Anyone know what the current money factor and residual value is for the RX; 15K miles per year, 36 months? I'm in Ohio. Thanks.
  • Options
    bigblue07bigblue07 Member Posts: 4
    Also looking to find out Lexus RX350 Lease Numbers. What is money factor and residual for RX350 for 36 month 12000 miles per year. Does Lexus finance offer 24 month lease? If yes, what are the residual and money factor for 24month/12000 miles.
  • Options
    bsheldonbsheldon Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Any one bought a 2008 RX350 AWD with Navigation / blue tooth in CT / Springfield area? which dealer and what price? Please advice.
  • Options
    pkdraggiepkdraggie Member Posts: 11
    I was quoted at 44,501 walking out of Lexus Rockville with NY tax.

The configuration is as follow:

08 RX 350 AWD
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Flint Mica
    Including tax, doc and all the other fee

Do you think its worth it?
  • Options
    manjpawmanjpaw Member Posts: 3
    Hi

I am interested in buying 2008 rx350 prem plus w/ nav. its MRSP is around $45000. What is the good deal (selling price) going on currently in the market? Is there any good dealer around in St louis, Mo area or in missouri? I am also interested in knowing what are good financing options availble for it? the dealer is offering 6.9% which is quite high compared to other cars.
  • Options
    manjpawmanjpaw Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Even I am interested in buying the same config. hence i would like to know what was the final selling price offered to you by dealer excluding tax, doc and all the other fee ?
  • Options
    g8tr80g8tr80 Member Posts: 7
    I live in Central Florida and I'm currently shopping for an '08 Rx350 with the following:
    - Premium Plus Pkg;
    - Gen 5 Nav System with Bluetooth;
    - 18" 5 spoke aluminum alloy wheels;
    - Heated Seats

Can anyone tell me what they paid for a similar package and recommend a dealer in Florida?
  • Options
    I think it was 40500.
  • Options
    foxy5foxy5 Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to check the deal being offered:
    2008 2wd RX350 with Premium Plus & Nav package. Price $38156 (supposedly $1450 under invoice) 36 month lease, 12k miles, money factor .00165, 57% residual value, $827 down with monthly payments of $529.

Take it?
  • Options
    Which state are you in? If you are in Midwest, I would say it is an excellent offer. If you are in California, I read in a Lexus owners forum that 1.5K below invoice is good but not very hard to get these days....
  • Options
    hetnhetn Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased in Maryland with Premium plus, navigation, and DVD back seat. $3700 below MSRP.
  • Options
    bambam77bambam77 Member Posts: 2
    I have been to many dealers on this and this appears to be the best that I have received so far for the same vehicle with MSRP of $45,706. I didn't see your actual payments and if yours is a lease or not, but what do you think?

Sell For $41,291
    $538.16 per month for 36/12k
    Tax up front with 1st month, bank fee, NYS inspection and tire depo fee = $2,915.90 out of pocket.

All in price with just NYS inspection and tire depo fee up front is $611.00

this is with smithtown lexus?
  • Options
    I had a wonderful time at Prestige Lexus.

They didn't take too long to bargain as well and I guess I finally made the purchase, hope this would help others!

MSRP 56,706
    PT
    TO
    CI
    HH
    WL
    FT
    NV

Total Price of Vechile 40,500
    Sales TAX NYS 3391.88
    Registration Fee 100.00
    Documentary Fees 149.00
    Total 44140.88

Thanks for the help from other people on this forum, hope this would help others as well. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Sounds like a great deal to me!
  • Options
    ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    woah so you got 16k off msrp???
  • Options
    kdlpgakdlpga Member Posts: 13
    Just got a quote for a 2008 RX350, front wheel drive, premium package with navigation system. Sale price was $42400 from a list of $45756. Monthly lease would be $610 with no money down, 36 months and 12K. Lexus Prestige dealership from northern New Jersey. 9 MSDs for $5175 gets it down to $557 per month. What do you think? Appreciate some feedback.
  • Options
    dysdys Member Posts: 11
    Only lease will get you offers that are below invoice?
  • Options
    Sorry about that, it was a typo, I meant $45,706K.
  • Options
    What are prices that people are getting for a RX350 AWD Base + PT + TO + HH + FT + C1 + WL (Premium plus, 18 inch wheel, heated seat with rain sensing wiper, towing prep, cargo mat, wheel lock) in northern California?

Has anyone being able to get below invoice price on RX350 these days? I saw at least two postings on Lexus Owners Club that are ~$1200 to ~$1400 below invoice (for FWD with Nav and Premium Plus etc). So far, all the quotes I got via email are a few hundreds dollars above invoice.

Please help.
  • Options
    phillipscdphillipscd Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I was able to get $1000 below invoice at Lexus of Marin. Concord Marin also offered that same price too. I purchased my car a week ago with the same things you are looking for.

Good luck :-)
  • Options
    ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    it's the last year of the model, you guys have to understand $1500 under invoice is very easy. try to push for 2000 or $2500. people are getting nearly 3k off invoice for an accord, which is noly a 20k car.
  • Options
    Just got my RX350 today. This board has been very beneficial and I thought I can give back some by posting another data point so others in the market for this car can have a baseline.

San Francisco Bay Area (Northern California)
    2008 RX 350 2WD
    Base + PT + HH + FT + C1 + WL
    (Premium plus, 18 inch wheel, heated seat with rain sensing wiper, cargo mat, wheel lock) No navigation

MSRP $41496
    Invoice (based on CostcoAuto.com web page) $36692
    Invoice (according to the dealer) $37160
    I assume the difference is caused by the exclusion or inclusion of the TDA.
    Final negotiated price $35750

I emailed all dealers in the bay area including some in the central valley as well as southern CA. Putnam Lexus in Redwood City was the one that gave me the best offer with the colors I wanted. (Seems like navigation is on most of the cars on the dealers' lot, so the color selection is a bit limited for cars without navigation.)

May not be the absolute lowest price one can get, but it was a generally smooth and overall pleasant experience.

Two dealers (Concord and Valley Lexus in Modesto) said they cannot match to the offer from Putnam's offer and passed it.

Pleasanton Lexus told me they would match any offer but that was after the fact. (Their best offer over the phone was $100 below the Costco's listed invoice number)

Steven Creek Lexus was very firm and was unwilling to negotiate price at all and almost a bit rude (at least the tone of their internet sales manager's message).

After all the researches and finally closing the deal, I still have a question: How does the dealer make money? I am not naive or sympathetic, just curious. The dealer holdback will be 2% off of Base MSRP, combined with the 1% wholesale financial reserve, a total of 3% of Base MSRP will be about $1244 for this car.

So, is the true cost to the dealer:
    Invoice (based on CostcoAuto.com web page) $36692 - $1244 = $35448? Did I give the dealer a $35750 - $35448 = $302 profit?

If I was able to push the price to $2500 below invoice (as suggested by an earlier message, which I did not see when I made the deal), who is paying for that part?
  • Options
    -----------
    If I was able to push the price to $2500 below invoice (as suggested by an earlier message, which I did not see when I made the deal), who is paying for that part?
    -----------

Maybe there is some behind-the-back dealer money from Lexus?
  • Options
    Found an error in my own post:

Base MSRP $37400
    MSRP $41496
    Invoice (based on CostcoAuto.com web page) $36692
    Invoice (according to the dealer) $37160
    I assume the difference is caused by the exclusion or inclusion of the TDA.
    Final negotiated price $35750

The dealer holdback will be 2% off of Base MSRP, combined with the 1% wholesale financial reserve, a total of 3% of Base MSRP ($37400) will be about $1122 for this car. (This is where I made mistake in the original post. The kick backs for the dealer should be based on the Base MSRP, not the overall MSRP as I used for calculation in the original post)

So, is the true cost to the dealer:
    Invoice (based on CostcoAuto.com web page) $36692 - $1122 = $35870? Did the dealer get any profit? $35750 - $35870 = -$120 (A loss of $120?)

In any case, I guess my point is: on what else do dealers make money? Clearly, since they want to make the deal at this price, they are making money. But how? And, how much?

I think Edmunds may not reveal all internal mechanism for buying a car yet.

BTW, I found the Edmunds TMV quite misleading. It's close to useless in my case. For my configuration, the TMV is $39708 (not even include the cargo mat, not listed on Edmunds). That's almost $4000 more than what I paid.
  • Options
    Congrats! This is an excellent deal!
  • Options
    2008 is not the last year for RX 350. 2009 will be the same model as 2008. The new RX will be only 2010 model. So it's at least 2 years away.

Ilya.
  • Options
    plumismplumism Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading all the messages and am I right that the best negotiated price for people on this site is $40,320? and the lowest doc fee is $149? and the best lease deal is w/ a factor of .0175 w/ a resid. of 55?
    Can anyone tell me what a dealer installed tow package should cost? Also are there other small extras like all weather mats that I can ask to be thrown in? I appreciate this help I would like to negotiate tomorrow for month end.

Thanks!
  • Options
    jrlexusjrlexus Member Posts: 1
    I plan to purchase (End of Aug)an RX 350 msrp 45,705, invoice 40,624, best quote + matching was 39,900. Someone tells me best time to buy is after mid month. Since the 2008 RX 350 is the last model till the re-design in 2009, what's a good price to purchase in the Bay Area as well as the LA area and the best dealers to get the pricing? Some threads say 2-3K below invoice? I've purchased 2 Lexus from both LA and Bay Area, thinking LA was cheaper, some dealers in LA rescind their offer and Bay Area pricing not too bad. Any advice/insights will be much appreciated it. Thanks!j
  • Options
    pbauckspbaucks Member Posts: 1
    I've been seeing residuals (55%) and money factors (.00175)for 36-month, 12,000 mile/year leases. What are they for 15,000 miles/year leases?
  • Options
    jeffrjeffr Member Posts: 8
    Thanks to all for the info on this forum. Very helpful.

I completed a deal last night at Nalley Lexus in Alpharetta (north of Atlanta) for an 08 RX350 with premium +, nav/bluetooth/back-up camera, heated seats/rain sense, towing prep, cargo mat, wheel locks, 18" 7 spoke wheels (I think that's it). They referred to it as a "level III" trim.

Price of $39,500 + $399 doc fee (so $39,899). 7% county tax and $42 title/tag. The $39,500 included the $765 freight fee.

I think it helped significantly that it was end-of-month, and I did get a very good quote from another dealer that I used to "challenge" the dealer near me in Alpharetta.

There was a pretty hard sell for extended warranty which I declined, but I'm curious if others have decided to go for one. They wanted $2100 (discounted from $2600) to extend to 7 year / 100000. I thought that was very pricey. My 04 Honda Pilot ext warranty was $1000 for the same term.

Thanks again and hope this helps.
    best,
    jeff
  • Options
    Congrats! It is a beatiful vehicle.

Is it AWD or FWD? Do you know what the MSRP is?
  • Options
    futurevolvofuturevolvo Member Posts: 6
    Just thought I would post about my recent purchase.
    Purchased a 2008 RX350 AWD in central NJ with the following options:

MSRP $43,106
    Premium Plus
    Heated Seats with Rain Sensor
    5 spoke 18" wheels
    Cargo net
    Wheel Locks
    Tow Package

Purchase price was $38,000 which was $5,106 off MSRP.

Two local dealships would not even come close to that price and one of them wanted that for a used 2007 with 15k miles.

Hope this helps someone in their negotiations.
  • Options
    wrawitzwrawitz Member Posts: 2
    I see a lot of deals from all of you. I want the premium package and navagation. What price should I be getting. The best I could find is 41,269. Am I getting ripped off?
    thanks
  • Options
    wrawitzwrawitz Member Posts: 2
    Where have you been looking. I am getting the same and the best I could get is 41,269, that is with a $1000.00 trade in.
  • Options
    tidus123tidus123 Member Posts: 4
    Khal80,

How much do you end up paying out of the door. I just been offered $46600 drive out at the dealer in Southwest Freeway for a 2008 RX 350 FWD loaded with Nav and DVD. Is it a good price every one?

Thanks for answering my question.
  • Options
    ekc1ekc1 Member Posts: 1
    Did you buy yet in Charlotte? I am looking to buy a 2007 RX350 w/prem pkg in Charlotte as well and looking for pricing input. Thanks.
  • Options
    jwilkersonjwilkerson Member Posts: 15
    I just bought an 08 RX and the DOC fee was $96. I think the dealer charges what they can get. There was about $1746.00 in dealer hold back, ad fund, and a reserve account, plus $715 in destination charges. The car list around $45,800. I paid $41,700 for it cash. We are awaiting deliver in about two weeks.

Does anyone know if there is an incentive or rebate from the Lexus for this vehicle. I am a four time buyer of Lexus, and would love to go back to the dealership with a certificate to reduce the final price on delivery.

Lexus had one three years ago if you went to the Auto Show in Chicago, you got a certificate for $500 off the bottom line at the dealer that Lexus paid for.

It is a wonderful car and the second RX in 3 years for us.

Would enjoy your comments. Have a pleasant weekend.
  • Options
    djaldjal Member Posts: 3
    Hi futurevolvo, could you tell me which dealership in NJ you bought the 2008 RX from? The price sounds very good. I am interested in getting one too. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    solar2000solar2000 Member Posts: 25
    wrawitz,

I'm also looking for an '08 RX350 with prem plus package and navigation, that i got quoted 41269 as well. that doesn't include 199 doc fee, 86 registration and 5% MA sales tax. any better offers elsewhere? is this a good price?
  • Options
    bosshoss2bosshoss2 Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone purchased or leased a 2008 RX350 with premium plus package, nav/bluetooth/back-up camera, heated seats/rain sense, towing prep, cargo mat, wheel locks, 18" 7 spoke wheels, or one without the Nav system, from Smithtown NY Lexus or perhaps Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove NY?
    If so, What was the final Price? I'm considering a buy or lease, and these are the 2 closest dealers to me. Thanks!!
  • Options
    spindoctor4spindoctor4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Fvolvo. Can you post which dealership.

Thanks