Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sie06sie06 Posts: 3
    Did you get additional accessories for $23K Base Model? And did they waive the advertising fee? I'm going to several AZ dealers to get their best deals tomorrow. I'll keep you posted if I get lower quotes.

Thanks
  • So we picked up our new Sienna on New Years Day. Loving it so far.

Here are the details of our deal...

2006 Sienna LE 2wd/7 Passenger
    White/Stone Cloth Interior
    Pk #6
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Door Sill Protector

MSRP: $30949.
    INV: $27790.
    Cars Direct Price: $27555 (as of 1/06/07)
    KBB Price: $27785. (w/o Floor Mats)
    TMV Price: $27582.

Price Paid: $27190
    Tax/Lic/DMV: $29603. - 0% 60 Months

We had a lower bid from another Dealership but we went with this deal as they could get the car the same day. It was the only one left in Northern California with the color combo/option package we wanted.

Hope this helps out anyone looking in the SF Bay Area!
  • I am also in San Diego. We've had a 1996 Toyota Previa (original owner) and may have to let it go-the dealer said that a "repaired" cracked cylinder(they repaired it!) is cracked AGAIN and they are quoting $4-7K to repair it. So, we're going with an independent shop to see if it is salvageable. I love the cargo space and the fact that the Previa can hold anything! I've put-4 10-speed bikes, a 10 ft. noble fir tree, etc. It's a simple van. No computer problems, etc. Changed the oil and it ran great! We have 170K miles on it. Paint looks great, no oxidation! (garaged) Lots of travel. We really don't want to buy a new van, but we need the transportation. What are the names of the dealers to avoid?
  • mubeenmubeen Posts: 5
    I just got carpts that was it. No one would go below that price.
  • tommyltommyl Posts: 6
    I live in NY and I am shopping for a 07 AWD XLE Sienna with option combination E. What is a good price for this car. I was quoted 38800 before taxes. I plan on purchasing car with cash/check. Thanks
  • sie06sie06 Posts: 3
    Finally bought the van after researching several AZ dealers

Here are the price & buying experience details of our deal:
    1. PRICE
    2006 Sienna LE 2wd/7 Passenger , Slate Metallic
    White/Stone Cloth Interior
    Pk #2
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Door Sill Protector
    Auto Dim Mirror
    Cargo Net
    MSRP: $30949.
    TMV Price: $24838.

Price Paid: $24418 + $62 tinting for front windows (allowed in AZ)
    Premium Warranty 7years/100Kmiles/0 deductible $983
    Declined the Gap Insurance. (Might check with my insurance provider)
    Tax/Lic/DMV: $28829. - 0% 60 Months

The base model price w/o options ($23,230) is similar to what my sister got in the Bay area late December so I think it is quite a good deal.

I'm not so sure about the Toyota Premium warranty. Is the premium warranty too expensive? I was ready to get the one that is refundable if not used for 6 years/100K b/w $850 to $1100 as recommended in this thread but the finance person said this one is not refundable if not used. It is still pro-rated if cancelled and has a cancel clause with $25 fee within 30 days. He also said the refundable one is not provided by Toyota. Can I get a much better deal?

2. Buying Experience
    I agree with other members that getting quotes from the Edmunds/CarsDirect/website through the Internet Managers/Fleet is the way to go. It saves you time and gas driving around to the dealers. I informed them that I was looking for the closest quote to $500 under the TMV number.
    From the 6-8 dealers that responded, only two were very friendly and willing to work with you. The others only gave their lowest quotes which were far below the first two. I went with Big Two because their Internet manager (JN) was very accommodating, patient, friendly, and helpful in deciding our options. I would absolutely recommend working with him to others.

Thank you for tanker and other members who helped me in knowing what to look for when buying our SiennaLE7. My wife and I love the Slate Metallic. It keeps us guessing if it's blue or gray :)
  • JUST STARTED LOOKING FOR A 2OO7 LE W/#2PACKAGE,JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IN THE MILWAUKEE OR NORTHERN ILLINOIS EREA COULD GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION
  • Just wondering if anyone can share a great buying experience/ deal in the DFW Texas area. I'm having trouble finding contacts in the internet sales depts. and edmunds price quote feature yielded only 4 dealers in the whole DFW area and only one of those has responded to me thus far (5 days have passed since I requested a quote).
  • Toyota of Fort Worth
    Scott Bolin INternet Sales Rep.

I highly recommend them. NO BS

See my prior post for Dec. purchase for specifics
  • tx_icetx_ice Posts: 21
    Could you share the name of the dealer in Houston from where you bought your Sienna?

Been dealing with several local dealers and they are not willing to get below $25,000 + TTL and 0% on an LE.

Thanks in advance.
  • A national news magazine is looking to interview recent Toyota car buyers that switched from owning a GM vehicle (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Saab). If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 29, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I am going to buy a 2007 Sienna Ltd FWD package 3 and 4 with carpet mats and rear spoiler. MSRP 42254 plus tax and license. Cost 37000 plus tax and license. If I lease the car what should the lease terms be? I have never leased before. I have top level credit. I am in the Southern California area.
  • Dealer doesn't matter. All are same in HOUSTON/TEXAS. However, I would recommend CHAMPION. If you pay cash then you will get at 25-25.5 OTD for 2007 LE modal. For 2006 you should pay 23-23.3 OTD for LE.

If you are not paying Cash then I think your price is reasonable for 2007 LE. Ask for some free add ons if they don't want to reduce price. E.g. alloy wheels, mats, extra mile options etc. Your price comes around 26775 OTD with 0% that means you are paying about 1500 for interest as oppose to CASH.

Finally, best I would say pay 26500.00 with 0% fin and get the deal over and enjoy the car. I bet 100% they will call you this Saturday to sell you one.

IMO - I don't enjoy dealing with TOYOTA dealers and each car with different options.

LAST THING: Do you like HONDA ODYSSEY? There is a big difference in driving ODYSSEY vs SIENNA. ODYSSEY runs extremely smooth vs SIENNA. Especially turning, accelerating etc. Too bad for them who can't control the POWER and HIT the other vehicle in the front of them. However, TOYOTA's engine are the best.

Good luck and also check:
    1. http://www.automallusa.net/01/toyota/recalls.html
    2. EDMUNDS TMV means pay that price including all charges and don't be fooled by dealers to pay over TMV no matter what edmunds says.
    3. If you can buy car in East coast then buy there, fly and drive it. http://www.fitzmall.com
  • Hi all,
    Since I got such great advice reading all the emails I thought I would post my buying experience. I wanted a 2006 Sienna Limited AWD with NAV. I live in Chicago and I emailed 27 dealers from Indiana all the way to Wisconsin. I got 9 replies with cars that matched. The car has a 43K MSRP and the prices ranged from $36,989 up to $37,900. I then emailed back the responders and waited for the best price which ended up being the 36,989 with the 0% for 60months. Actually they had 2 in stock and my friend ended up buying the other one. I had a great experience at Fox Lake, IL Toyota. It was a 90 minute drive but the internet salesperson was straight forward and honest. Everything was done by email and I was in and out of the dealer in an hour. I did not have a trade-in. I took the 7yr/100k Platinum warranty. I brought in emails from www.siennaclub.org forum showing people getting it for about $850 from a dealer out East. They matched it +$50 so I just signed with them. :) Good lunch everyone.
  • best price so far has been 24,900 getting a fair price on my trade so i dont think its to bad.chicago erea, hope i can get some feedback by monday.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Prices I saw for an LE with pkg. 1 was $25,270 so your price is better *and* it has more equipment. Go for it.

-juice
  • If a dealer had a 2006 Sienna FWD new on the lot, at what discount should this car sell vs a 2007 equipped exactly the same way?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Not sure specifically, but I'm seeing 06s costing about $900 less for roughly the same models. But I think you also get 0% finanching for up to 60 months, so the difference may be greater than it seems.

-juice
  • I am beginning my search for an '07 XLE and wondered if you would provide the residual %'s and factors for a 3 yr term with 12k & 15k miles/year? (top tier credit) Thank you!
  • Hi,
    I just bought Sienna & sales person sold me 7yr/100k very expensive ($1360). Could you please email me your dealer's info. I would like to return my extended warrenty back to my dealer & buy it from your dealer.
    I many times wonder why dealers are willing to give away cars under invoice...no wonder why !!!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    (emailtapan01@yahoo.com)